[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it just me, or does it seem like the Crystal War Timeline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18
File: image.png (899 KB, 1280x927) Image search: [Google]
image.png
899 KB, 1280x927
So is it just me, or does it seem like the Crystal War Timeline is a doomed one? Sombra's crystals cover half of Equestria, his army is more dedicated as it is literally the only thing they know, and Equestria only has a fee elite soldiers that can really stem a tide.

Is there any way Celestia and co. could pill a victory (aside from obvious Elements of Harmony amswer, but we can assume that shit won't fly in this timeline as it hasn't happened already)?
>>
>>25599407
At that point, the war seems pretty much lost. Unless Celestia has some kind of "murder every single living thing in the continent" spell that she doesn't want to use unless everything is lost and Canterlot is under siege.

On the other hand, Sombra's army was, at least at the beginning, just the crystal ponies, so they would be far outnumbered by the equestrian ponies. Also Celestia could have banished Sombre like she did in the past. She probably didn't answer the threat with quickly and hard enough and everything went out of control.
>>
>>25599407
Another thought: those helmets control the crystal ponies in some manner, which makes me wonder what they are. Do they channel the souls of his people, the Umbrum? Can they use Crystal ponies remotely from the prison crystal like drones?
>>
There's only one way they'll win the war.
>>
File: remove_jerry.jpg (62 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
remove_jerry.jpg
62 KB, 1280x544
>>25599506
>>
>>25599407
Pretty much all of the future timelines are extraordinarily fucked, with the possible exception of the NMM one. Even then, it's hardly a good ending.

The resistance to the Changeling timeline is heavily implied to be a guerrilla group, and they're likely to lose once Chrysalis and her hordes find them due to being so outmatched.

Tirek's timeline is nothing but him wrecking everything in sight, Discord's timeline speaks for itself, and there is, of course, the reality where there's nothing left at all.
>>
>>25599868

> and there is, of course, the reality where there's nothing left at all.

Personaly, I think that timeline was the Tirek universe again, just 5 minutes later.
>>
>>25599407
the only way is to just go after king sombra

once assassinated the helmets would stop working

its a long shot but they are certainly less fucked than in the chrysalis timeline
>>
File: 1448050017762.gif (616 KB, 380x398) Image search: [Google]
1448050017762.gif
616 KB, 380x398
>>25600208
10/10 post
>>
>>25599407
seems like Sombra controlled the slave armor himself

so all you gotta do is take out sombra and the war is won
>>
>>25599407

Sombra's timeline was grim, but not unwinnable. Just long and miserable fighting before victory.

It got increasingly more "it's all fucked" as things went along. The Cause was just a not-good-ending-win for Equestria, NMM was as well, but by the point you hit Chrysalis, Tirek, or Discord it's well and truly fucked.

What I want to know is what the Mane 6 are going to forestall that prevents honest-to-goodness obliteration of Equestria. Every single other potential timeline indicates an enemy they've defeated, winning.

A preview of the power level of S6?
>>
File: Autism.png (738 KB, 961x627) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
738 KB, 961x627
>>25599407
Why did the "everything is in ruins" map had more things on it than Flim Flam one?
>>
>>25599407
I thought the Crystal Empire was subsidiary to Equestria.

This war makes it seem like the Crystal Empire has as many citizens as the rest of Equestria.
>>
>>25602032
Flim and Flam mined the entire mountain because industry.
>>
>>25602282
They mined the entire world.
>>
>>25599868
>and there is, of course, the reality where there's nothing left at all
That one's the most disturbing. Everything's just gone, disintegrated. Even the sun and moon are nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>25602282
And than like the Dwarves they dug too deep. Cue Wasteland timeline.

>>25601941
> A preview of the power level of S6?

Well if that isn't a terrifying thought, nothing is- although judging by the villages(?) and such from here, >>25602032 not everything is lost.

Maybe.

>>25601897
So how would one do that? This is a guy who can mind control individuals, knows geomancy, all kinds of dark magic bullshit, and can potentially turn into a giant shadow monster that no-sells magic beams.

Excluding a siege on the Crystal Empire to get the Crystal Heart, chances of killing him are slim.
>>
>>25599407
I'm still not sure how Sombra is conquering Equestria with just the crystal ponies. They got to be what, the same population as Ponyvile, mostly earth ponies, messed up after what fucked their kingdom away in the first place?
>>
I need close-ups of the maps from each timeline to compare them
>>
>>25602395
I'm assuming the massive Dark Crystal growths are fucking things up too, destroying railroad networks and generally disrupting things to the point that Sombra can just blitz his forces in and take control (with some magical assistance from his side). Maybe they're also emplying in some other help (Yak or Diamond Dog Mercenaries?)
>>
>>25599407
Many of your presumptions in this post are incorrect. Most notably,

*his army is more dedicated as it is literally the only thing they know,*
They are slaves with an implied mind control mechanism in their helmets. These are unreliable at best, as armor is prone to damage in battle and slaves have historically made poor soldiers, specifically because they have no reason to be loyal to their masters.

*and Equestria only has a fee elite soldiers that can really stem a tide.*
This is implied exactly nowhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 1024x576
>>25602418
Here's one from the Chrysalis timeline- none were shown for the NMM Timeline I think (usable anyways), and I have no screencaps of the others.

Sorry.
>>
>>25602463
> Slaves are terrible soldiers

Quantity > Quality and all that, and they are mind-controlled, the GLOWY EYES OF DOOM all but confirms it. Still, yes, they aren't the best soldiers, just numerous.

> nothing implies that

Look at the scene, who was actually accomplishing shit? The Guards, or the Wonderbolts + Pie sisters?
>>
>>25599804
>filename
I am 100% for this new maymay
>>
>>25601897

What if they can't kill Sombra because the dark magic in that armor will kill the prisoner if his master die/disappear?

After all, that would explain why celestia don't use the same magic to seal sombra again.
>>
>>25602531
>Quantity > Quality and all that, and they are mind-controlled, the GLOWY EYES OF DOOM all but confirms it. Still, yes, they aren't the best soldiers, just numerous.
In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. This is basic Sun Tsu. You can have overwhelming force, but that can be innovated and planned around. History is full of examples of this.

>Look at the scene, who was actually accomplishing shit? The Guards, or the Wonderbolts + Pie sisters?
The 'Wonderbolts' (I don't think it was even implied to be them) didn't do much on camera. The pie sisters defeated a rock.
>>
>>25599407
More then anything this finale showed how weak and venerable the equestrians really are.

>>25602704
>In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. This is basic Sun Tsu. You can have overwhelming force, but that can be innovated and planned around. History is full of examples of this.

True but guess who wins more often historically? Statistically the bigger army. Yes you can outthink or outmaneuver a larger force but that requires someone with the tactical know-how. The equestrians only have Celestial in that timeline it seems and all she could do was counter Sombra's attacks. Unless Shining Armor and candy ass appear and successfully take out Sombra on their own he ownly needs to keep up the pressure and force a win by attrition.
>>
>>25599804
Fuggen saved
>>
>>25599468

Sombra's army would take prisoners so he could enslave them as well. For every victory, he gains more soldiers.
>>
Unless Sombra is betrayed from the inside by someone who steals the Crystal Heart Equestria is pretty fucked.
>>
>>25603178

>venerable
>vulnerable
>FTFY
>>
File: Main_6_Rainbow_Power_S4E26.png (725 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Main_6_Rainbow_Power_S4E26.png
725 KB, 1280x720
>>25599407
Twilight finds her 5 friends and finds the keys to open the rainbow power box. Sombra is vastly weaker than tirek.
>>
>>25603468
Or twilight takes celestiaas, rarity's power and any other living alicorn/unicorns and has a 1 vs 1 with sombra like she did with tirek.
>>
The thing to think about in the discord timeline. Is ponyville should be covered in tentacles from the seeds discord planted to kill the tree of harmony.
>>
>>25602395
Germany almost took over Russia despite the latter throwing bodies at them
>>
>>25603178
>True but guess who wins more often historically?
The side with the better leaders, actually.

>Yes you can outthink or outmaneuver a larger force but that requires someone with the tactical know-how.
As does winning with numbers. Like I said, numbers are useless if you don't know how to use them to effect.

>The equestrians only have Celestial in that timeline it seems and all she could do was counter Sombra's attacks.
Not implied anywhere.
>>
>>25603579
Taking all of their tanks and planes standing on the frontline with a sudden rush leaving Russia with nothing but human bodies helped.
>>
Did I miss part of the King Sombra timeline, because I'm curious where Luna is.

All the timelines are decently consistent, but in Sombra's Luna is not seen at all. In all other timelines she is accounted for of assumed the worst I supporse, but his unless I missed something she isn't even mentioned in Sombra's. Maybe more than one thing was altered in that timeline, like NMM was banished again or drastic measured had to be taken to stop her.

I was also curious what Discord was up to in the Changeling and Sombra universe. Not that he would necessarily have helped them, but more speculatively speaking what he was actually doing. Were there also changes like him not being released after being sealed or never being release in the first place or was he just enjoying the chaos
>>
>>25599407
They were all doomed timelines, that was kind of the point.
>>
>>25602482
But see the Ameraspi mountain in the middle with the skull on it.

We've yet to see that. Is it going to come up in Season 6? Where is the Canterlot Castle?

Also the DRAGON LAIR.

Spike will get some serious shit next season I predict.

Also >Season 6 billed as Guardians of Harmony.

Something's going to happen.
>>
>>25603623
No they weren't. The main show's Tirek timeline looked just as hopeless as most of the alternate time lines until the end.
Every time line up to that point did not have twilight or spike. And now they do, and all her friends. In most time lines the elements still exist, the alicorns, rainbow power in the box since the castle is never there.
>>
>>25603666
Don't forget theres still the reverse world mirror. If it still exists and the main world is fucked twilight could jump into it and hope for the best. Or even try to recruit the reverse world ponies or borrow their power. Every time except the last one is not unbeatable.
>>
>>25603767
But, I like the Discord timeline
>>
Guys you forget something. The time spell still allows twilight to move anyone holding onto her through time. So if twilight had grabbed nightmare moon that would have created a huge ass paradox.
>>
>>25603608

Celestia wins without having the Elements to purify Luna.

Nightmare Moon is a cold stone statue in the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters. Basically, something else had to allow Equestria to get to that point in the timeline, and it likely wasn't pretty considering.
>>
>>25603777
Discord's timeline is the least fucked of them all. It can be assumed all the alicorns are alive in it and all other villians were defeated by discord. Luna is even redeemed.

Unlike nightmare moon discord was never cured by the friendship beam. He had a change of heart by having friends. Twilight would just have to slowly work her way into his heart.
>>
>>25603805
Unless time traveler immunity is involved. The moment her and Twilight went back in time that timeline would have been aborted and she'd be safe, except for the fact that her other self is in the moon. Also, it depends if we are talking multidimensional timelines or a single timeline that keeps getting altered. If it is the former then there is nothing wrong, but if it is the latter then it may cause a paradox of sorts
>>
>>25603874
Hell, he might even grow bored of being aa sole dictator, even if it is of hilarious chaos, and find the spark in himself
>>
>>25603919
Her other self wouldn't be in the moon. It just would not exist the moment she entered into the world. Same as how twilight/spike/starlight did not exist in any time line they jumped into.
>>
>>25599407
The USSR and Germany had dedicated armies and they lost WW2 and the Cold War. Mindless slaves only get you so far. My money would be on the good guys.
>>
>>25603874
You could assume this is the timeline where discord never lost the first time if you believe each time a time skip happens the new time line's elements are weaker for all its history.
So luna never once turned into nightmare moon. So its a guilt free luna and celestia.

In that timeline Twilight could be the one to create Equestria and have celestia n luna serve under her.
>>
>>25603997
Well, your money is vaporized because Sombra has 3/4 of Equestria and Applejack says it takes their all and hardest to even stand a chance. Sombra can just put his helmets on other ponies. And he probably can block Celestia with dark crystals on her horn if they get into a fight.
>>
>>25603968
So then it is either strictly TTI or Multiverse. Either way it shouldn't be an issue
>>
Guys you forget one very important detail. All you have to do to stop sombra is slip a magic blocking ring on his horn. Then kill him before he gets it off.
>>
>>25603997
Yes Germany had a dedicated army AND allies, one of which they betrayed that ALSO had a bigger dedicated army.
>>
>>25604045
1) Twi specifically said it was half of Equestria.

2) Sombra can put helmets on other ponies that doesn't mean they will fight worth a damn.

3) Seems like they won the battle depicted in the episode.
>>
>>25604019
Wouldn't that allude to the the fact that the tree of harmony wouldn't have been able to keep the map in existence, since Discord was screwing with it from the beginning as it is mention with Tirek's season finale? Is the tree of harmony from the prime timeline keeping map around or is it the tree of harmony from the current world? I'd have to assume the former being that in the latter I can't imagine it would have lasted that long.
>>
>>25604079
Also remember sombra likes to fight in the front of his army as seen in the episode. And twilight and celestia can teleport. Plus dash is alive. The rocks sisters are probably good with sling shots.
>>
>>25604132
In discords timeline the tree of harmony is probably dead. Doesn't mean the elements themselves or the rainbow box is.

If discord destroyed everfree forest or significantly weaken it then the tree of harmony could dedicate more of its strength to fighting back the tentacle seeds.

If the elements failed against him he might have even just picked the tentacle seeds back up to save for a real threat.

Or the tree might have long died out almost 1000 years ago if the seeds never incubated very long since discord's power was never sealed.
>>
>>25604159
As terrible as Sombra was I consider him one of the less dangerous villains. I think his timeline would have been one of the easiest to fix in the timeline itself, especially if Twilight stayed. She might have even been able to rally her friends of that timeline in a bizarre fashion, even if they may not have had any of their elements in them, or at least assisted Celestia
>>
>>25604243
what powers the map? Doesn't Twilight say, when the map is still active, that the tree is sensing something isn't right or did she say the elements or something honestly I wasn't terrible focused on this finale
>>
>>25604246
Celestia is almost able to hold her own against sombra. Twilight arrives and shows celestia she's from the true timeline. Celestia believes her and gives twilight her magic like in the tirek final. Twilight wrecks sombra.

Theres so many ways sombra could be defeated. Twilight's probably already by herself more powerful than nightmare moon.
>>
The worst thing about the final is the power creep makes no sense. Twilight in the main timeline is possibly the most powerful alicorn in equestria. She's probably more powerful than sombra, nightmare moon, and chrysalis. Only discord and Powered up tirek could wreck her in a fight.

Spike as useless as he seems. Give him a lot of stuff and he's godzilla. Powered up spike would wreck sombra's army.
>>
>>25603805
To be honest I was half expecting Twi to grab NMM and somehow have her wreck Starlight, then return back to the original timeline with the Rainboom intact.

In hindsight, it would've made for a better ending.
>>
>>25604351
If only they couldn't have found a better way for Twilight to admit she couldn't stop Starlight with power alone. That puts her way to high on a pedestal, but I won't get into that.

As it was mentioned earlier I don't think any of the timelines were hopeless, except maybe Tirek's and the wasteland, but Sombra was for sure easiest to vanquish.

I'm actually surprised some of the villian's didn't team up like Sombra and Changelings, even if their stereotypical villain egos wouldn't want to.
>>
>>25604446
Starlight would wreck nightmare moon. She'd beat her up and take her cutie mark. Celestia would also notice the night sky and come to fight nightmare moon.

Really all starlight needed to do was take twilight's cutie mark and time travel into the future and leave it there. Revenge complete.
>>
>>25604468
In the comic Sombra does ask chrysalis for a team up. She turns him down because it would leave nothing for her changelings to feed off.
>>
Sombra timeline was in peril, but it was the best one. Chrysalis timeline was doomed and going down in flames. Nightmare timeline was fucked, ironically for the very reason that NMMfags want to call it "not so bad," because evil had already won, controlled the only assets that could oppose her (Rarity and Dash). NMM could afford to treat Twilight without hostility since she regarded her victory as unassailable.
The later timelines are fucked beyond repair, until the final one where everyone is just dead and destroyed for no apparent reason. Glimmer and Twilight fucking with history was forcing the world off course harder and faster each time.

Another good sign is to look at the state of the table. In Sombra timeline it is intact and functioning, by the Dead world the chairs are gone and the table doesn't glow, showing how they're destroying the tool they're using.
>>
>>25604595

>Nightmare timeline was fucked, ironically for the very reason that NMMfags want to call it "not so bad," because evil had already won, controlled the only assets that could oppose her (Rarity and Dash)

>Nightmare Moon got the element of Loyalty on her side

It never really dawned on my until now how genuienly fucked that place was.
>>
File: 1314169358765.png (73 KB, 162x260) Image search: [Google]
1314169358765.png
73 KB, 162x260
>>25604595
>Another good sign is to look at the state of the table. In Sombra timeline it is intact and functioning, by the Dead world the chairs are gone and the table doesn't glow, showing how they're destroying the tool they're using.
Huh. I hadn't paid attention to that.
>>
File: 1447823102777.jpg (3 MB, 1400x2154) Image search: [Google]
1447823102777.jpg
3 MB, 1400x2154
>>25599407
Not to mention that if things get too desperate for him, he has an army of Shadow Ponies he can pull out at any time.
Then again Minion, they were ALL doomed timelines. Darkest Timelines, if you will.
>>
>>25604595
You don't need the elements of harmony to defeat nightmare moon. While dash could be a challenging opponent, rarity is a weakling. And this is in a timeline where dash may have never learned to sonic rainboom.

Remember this, Nightmare moon does not have the elements of harmony yet was able to banish celestia to the moon. That means banishment of an alicorn is possible without them.

Nightmare moon is so over confident in herself she was easily tricked by twilight. Her own ego is her biggest weakness. Twilight was able to get nightmare moon away from her kingdom without any army or anything just by mentioning something powerful.
>>
>>25604831
I was going to
>comics
>canon
>choose one
Then I remembered how many times people shiggy diggy'd over it.
>>
>>25604867
Man I wish one time line had used nightmare rarity from the comics as the big bad.
>>
File: 1400051352176.jpg (346 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1400051352176.jpg
346 KB, 720x960
>>25604867
I actually have an interesting canon rule for the comics.
Cartoon Canon is Equestria 1.
Comics Canon is Equestria 0.
Everything from Equestria 1 is canon in Equestria 0 but not vice versa.
Then of course we have Equestria 3 which is alignment flip world (by rule of DC naming convention).
And I assume that there's probably an Equestria 2 where there's an updated version of G1 ponies. (Firefly and Surprise and such).
And I'll say Equestria 4 is Equestria Girl's world because... reasons.
>>
>>25604851
Every time Nightmare Moon was defeated only by the Elements.
And it isn't just the Elements, but the specific ones. Generosity (against the envy of an overshadowed sister) and Loyalty (against the treachery of a Cain analogue). She has subverted those things which should have most opposed her, turning them into her subjects.
Nightmare Moon's timeline is not a burnt out cinder, but it is a timeline completely without hope.
>>
>>25603530
Keep in mind that Twilight was 'given' power by the other alicorns, with this particular timeline Luna was probably banished back to the moon by Celestia, Cadence is perhaps still under Canterlot after the Chrysalis incident.

I think it'd more likely that Celestia would be the one taking power from Twilight to combat Sombra but I'm not sure if the average unicorn or even Twilight are actually able or know how to willingly give their power up the same way that the other princesses had.

I'm not too sure how Chrysalis works into the timeline if she does at all, personally I assume she'd successfully invade Canterlot seeing no one other than Twilight doubted her (Twilight would probably still be invited to the wedding if it still occurs). Even if Chrysalis succeeds I'm not sure how well changelings would fare against Sombra.
>>
>>25604967
Nothing is lost if nightmare moon is killed. Luna and celestia never played a big part in anything except the tirek final. For all we know Tirek is dead or under more guard so he never gets a chance to escape hell.

Twilight know all of celestia's friendship lessons by heart. And by being an alicorn she has a right to rule.

Nightmare moon was defeated by the elements I think you forget because the twilight of the time barely had any power at all. And its pretty easy to assume twilight is more powerful than celestia.
>>
>>25605079
Celestia wouldn't take twilight's power. Her element is not magic and she'd know trying to stuff herself might kill her. Twilight would tell her she's contained her and other other alicorns power before. Making twilight a safe bet.
>>
>>25604954
I would love series about Equestria 2
>>
>>25605200
You forget one big thing. Twilight knows nightmare moon/luna's power and may even have been taught by her, herself.

Nightmare moon doesn't know twilight any. Dash and rarity don't know twilight any either. But twilight knows all of their moves.

Twilight has a huge advantage here in a battle. By flying rarity is already out of the equation. And dash has no magic power so twilight could zap dash into a breezy.
>>
>>25605234
Possibly, but there still is the problem with Twilight only having the power of two alicorns. I can't really say much about how Sombra handled the two sisters but Twilight is pretty shit when it comes to fighting at all. I imagine hitting Sombra wouldn't be as easy as hitting Tirek.
>>
>>25605578
Sombra doesn't defeat celestia in that timeline from what we see. Luna is a no show so its possible anything happened to her. She might even not be alive anymore.
>>
File: 1439268252145.jpg (147 KB, 1280x937) Image search: [Google]
1439268252145.jpg
147 KB, 1280x937
>>25599407
A world consumed by war, you say?

The only solution:
>>
File: Image1.jpg (371 KB, 974x934) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
371 KB, 974x934
This is all I could get from the NMM timeline, its a little more bleak than it appears at first.
Maybe NMM can only sustain a small territory without the sun? Wouldn't explain how the hell everything got flattened though.
>>
>>25605748
The fight between 'Tia and Luna got a bit more destructive than it should have?

Or maybe just lazy animators.
>>
>>25604954
Fluttershy is pissedshy at pinkie pie for calling her old. Throw back to season one where pinkie acted like she's older.

>Fluttershy confirmed oldest of the mane 6.

Guess it makes sense how much taller she is than all the rest in sonic rainboom.
>>
>>25605827
I miss when the comics art looked good instead of shit like now.
>>
>>25604954
I miss this twilight. Sure she has wings but she still has her old personality.
>>
>>25605822
Actually that would kind of explain why she's not ruling from Canterlot, I did find it strange that she chose to restore the old castle when there is a bigger fancier castle available. I doubt she would have resisted changing the color scheme.
>>
>>25603647
>Season 6 billed as Guardians of Harmony.

Where?
>>
>>25605748
Oh, shit. Good catch. Are you posting these somewhere they can be referred back to after the thread dies?
>>
No. Nightmare moon cares more about ponyville than canterlot. Its the first place she heads after being freed from the moon. Its where her castle is and where she can keep an eye on the elements of harmony and the tree of harmony

If you remember before luna turned evil she wanted to take ponies and create a new colony but celestia was against it. That new colony was ponyville..
>>
>>25606272
Not only that but remember. Where does reformed luna get celebrated first? Ponyville. Where does luna go for her first nightmare night? Ponyville. Who does she help with nightmares? Ponyville ponies.

Ponyville is obviously important to her. Moreso than to celestia.
>>
>>25606272
> If you remember before luna turned evil she wanted to put ponies in a new colony but celestia was against it. That new colony was ponyville...

First of all, this is a discussion mainky about the Sombra timeline- others are touched on, yes, but that's not the main focus. Second, where the fuck was this mentioned at, because this is some very new information to me. In one of the comics (which are questionable in terms of canon), novels, what?
>>
>>25606389
That is literally fan content. It's the plot of the 'Children of the Night' video.
>>
>>25606272
Woah there friend, you do know that fan animations are not canon right? Ponyville was a long way from existing when she was banished. And she went to Ponyville because Celestia was there, also she followed the mane 6 to the old castle.
>>
Explain this.

If nightmare moon only appeared and was defeated by celestia in her castle as seen in the flashback and no pony else is around. How come there is a 100% accurate nightmare moon statue in the nightmare night halloween special.
>>
>>25606601
Celestia commissioned it.
>>
>>25606601
story and legend. I don't remember if we know who NMM was before twilight and pals "free" her.
I'm pretty sure everybody knew about the scary evil moon horse. just not who it was. they just made a scary pony statue with moon like stuff on it.
>>
>>25606601
I severely doubt Celestia and Luna were the only two ponies in that entire castle, Dunno bout you but if I was a regular pony guard/servant I wouldn't want to stand between them I would watch from the sidelines. Seeing your leader get knocked out by an evil moon horse would probably leave a lasting memory of it.
>>
>>25606667
Why would she create a statue to make people fear her sister? She knows she's imprisoned for 1000 years.

>>25606695
Legends don't make 100% accurate statues.
>>
>>25606601

Because it's a cartoon for little girls
>>
>>25606721
We saw that they were alone in the flashback.
>>
>>25606778
Alone in the throne room, yes. But they Flew outside, blowing up parts of the castle and making lots of noise.

Either way it seems Celestia was trying to separate NMM from Luna in order to give her a clean slate. And it worked she became well liked pretty quickly, only children having fun equated Luna to NMM. The adults only feared her because she appeared to be very angry they never called her NMM.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-21-25-31.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-21-25-31.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>25602032
Maby those giant mushrooms are due because of an extremely high number of decaying bodies, trees, or of other dead materials blown to that side of Equestria. The castles and villages aren't even built by ponies. What kind of creatures could have survived this world and built a new on top of the previous rotting one?
>>
>>25602282
Fucking hell
They used to be reasonable villans, now they are uber jews
>>
>>25603608
Maybe Discord was just enjoying the chaos of war? Because seriously, an unreformed Discord basically would have no one to match him sans the Elements of Harmony. Especially since he wouldn't have been a sucker for Tirek's betrayal.
>>
So the final wasteland reality is because of Derpy yes?
>>
>>25599407
After autistically comparing all the maps, I've determined that Sombra has only taken rural land or completely uninhabited ones. He hasn't really taken any big cities (Manehattan seems to be fine on the Sombra map), so Equestria's economy is probably still intact.

Compare that to Sombra's economy, which is built on slaves and probably isn't nearly as developed as Equestria's.

It's very likely a case of victory meaning Equestria stopping Sombra's momentum. If they do that, they've one, since they'll be able to keep up while Sombra's forces will eventually dwindle.

That's easier said than done though.
>>
>>25603178
You are argueing numbers when he MIND CONTROLLS HIS ENTIRE ARMY
ROUTES ARE LITTERALLY IMPOSSIBLE, AND ORGINIZATION CAN NEVER BE BROKEN.
>>
File: tmp_2891-1446601779385935352974.png (352 KB, 634x350) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2891-1446601779385935352974.png
352 KB, 634x350
>>25604831
I can't wait to see that happening.
>>
>>25609191
Oh Dat Sombra!
>>
>>25604867
I would love a comic on the Crystal War if only because they're both alternate realities and you could combine the slave soldiers with the shadow ponies. Imagine that battlefield...
>>
>>25607190
Maybe they're not mushrooms, but mushroom clouds.
>>
>>25607887
Aaactually, what does Sombra want with cities? He's got his own.

He wants slaves to work his fields, to plunder the ground for cryyyystaallllls, and to fight his wars.

Those cities may be empty, their inhabitants in chains, returning to Sombra's castle, to confront their worst fears, and be made his slaves.
>>
>>25610038
He's got only one, that being the Crystal 'Empire'.

Conquering other cities gives him, as you said, more slaves. Also gives his forces greater freedom to move about Equestria.

Plus slaves gotta eat too. Didn't seem to be too much farmland around the Crystal Empire.
>>
>>25602032
actually we see the same castles etc. in the flim flam map on the very far right. You can see the silhouette of the castle behind the dust cloud
>>
>>25606753
Cause Luna Eclipsed was a shitty episode
>>
>>25610057
Yeah but he doesn't need the cities themselves.

He can conquer all the agricultural land, and put the slaves to work there, while ignoring the cities as anything more than targets.
>>
>>25610142
Well, no, but he'd still conquer them just to deny Equestria access to them, is what I'm saying.
>>
File: 877447202_l-thumb.jpg (26 KB, 316x480) Image search: [Google]
877447202_l-thumb.jpg
26 KB, 316x480
Personally? I believe the final wasteland timeline is linked to this. I make illusions to it being true, but fuck it, I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw5MjeLuSvc

I mean, it'd be a better reason than Fallout Equestria timeline.
>>
>>25606169
That's actually the Movie. Probably
>>
File: 1442087708275.gif (774 KB, 598x405) Image search: [Google]
1442087708275.gif
774 KB, 598x405
>>25610101
>calls Luna Eclipsed a shitty episode
>not the retconning idiot-fests that are seasons 4 and 5
>>
Don't know, Sombra seems to be losing momentum. You can see that he hasn't been able to take over the Yaks.. On the west coast Equestria has broken their encirclement giving them access to the sea again and cutting off his southern force from his northern force. He's launched an invasion to that far off land across the sea (probably to deny Equestria the resources from trade because he hasn't bee able to take Manhattan or the east coast) but hasn't finished the fight there yet.

If anything it looks like Sombra has bitten off more than he can chew and soon will start losing a lot of ground he gained. Assuming Equestrian can hold that breakthrough in the West they can set up a naval blockade to his southern forces and starve them out.
>>
>>25610700
There's a reason it was the first alternate present Twilight encountered.

It was the one where Equestria had the best chance of surviving to live another day in peace.
>>
>>25602395

How could Germany conquer almost all of Europe?

proof that World War 2 never happened
>>
>>25602395
They captured other ponies and enslaved them too. Every time Equestria lost a battle, their numbers dwindled and Sombra's swelled. It's not that hard, anon.
>>
>>25607887
>>25610700

I see others have already made the points I was thinking of. Sombra made early gains, but has a lot of mountains and wasteland. He doesn't have the food or industry. Equestria can outproduce him.
>>
File: army.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
army.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25599407
>Sombra's slave army consist of both mares and stallions
>In Equestria, both mares and stallions are conscripted into service
That's what I call true equality. Glimmer would have came if she saw that timeline
>>
>>25607190

humanity
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.