[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fail to understand. Why is Twilight with wings bad? She should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: I_HEARD_THERE_WAS_CAKE.png (265 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
I_HEARD_THERE_WAS_CAKE.png
265 KB, 1024x1024
I fail to understand.

Why is Twilight with wings bad?

She should have wiped the floor with Starlight, aye, but why is it actually bad?
>>
Twilight was never good in a fight. Name one time she actually won a fight. She takes after her teacher.
>>
>>25594325
Actually, no single mane 6 is good in a fight.
They are like fucking Sailor Moon in that aspect. Have to beat enemies psychologically.
The only time they apparently kicked ass was in canterlot wedding and then the writers made them all fucking useless for unknown reasons.
>>
>>25594315
>Why is Twilight with wings bad?
she went from someone who tries to learn to the perfect mary sue
perfect magic, perfect perfect perfect

yet she can't outclass a single angry unicorn
>>
>>25594533
>unknown reasons
They got overwhelmed. Even the best fighters get tired and you said it yourself they're not the best.
>>
>>25594549
I meant then they made them useless in any other kind of fight which is ridiculous.
>>
>>25594533
>They are like fucking Sailor Moon in that aspect.
I realize this is nitpicking, but you could not be more wrong about that, without being more right.

Sailor Moon is a series in which most of the characters other than the title protagonist are actually hyper-competent. Mars and Jupiter are straight up combat monsters, complete with martial arts, Venus is an experienced solo sentai hero, and Mercury is one of the smartest beings in her entire universe, complete with some of the most versatile senshi powers, but they all cannot succeed without Sailor Moon, not because she's actually good at anything, but because once she gets enough conviction to actually remember to use whatever her current-season superpower is, she gets up from being trashed on for an entire boss battle (which was in no way resolved psychologically), to simply auto-win with no extra effort or realization that she could've done it from the beginning and avoided all the drama of the fight if she just grew a pair.

That is, on the few occasions when one of the other senshi doesn't just get so pissed off at something that they resolve it with one of their own (likely discovered/unlocked at that very moment) new super-attacks.

Sailor Moon solves almost none of her situations psychologically, much less solves them at all... they just kind of work out in the end when her friends figure out where she needs to be at the right time (which sometimes happens entirely on accident) so that she can [MOON POWER] it into oblivion.
>>
>>25594578
You didn't get it.
Sure they can fight, but that's fucking pointless when every new villain can kick their ass anyways at the start of the battle, so it looks like they are fucking useless until the plot device is applied, same as in sailor moon which is what you just said.
>We are useless until the plot device is applied, otherwise they kick our ass good meanwhile
>>
>>25594539
>yet she can't outclass a single angry unicorn
So then she's far from perfect. Twilight was taken down a few pegs this season. Her mistreatment of Moondancer, her inability to admit she was jealous of her friends having a good time without her, etc.
>>
>>25594604

I guess we're both saying the same thing. I was more focusing on the point made about:
>Resolving it psychologically.
and yet how the rest of the statement was mostly correct.

Neither the ponies nor Sailor Moon REALLY solve situations in the way a supposedly normal, functional human being might solve them, the competent characters kind of drag the plot-device characters around until something just happens to fall into place, and everything works out, without any real change being made to how the characters look at problems, or realizing that the solution was actually really straightforward.

They say they learned a lesson, but then a few episodes down the line they really just fall into one of the exact same traps they supposedly learned not to;
>I should trust my friends to care about my well-being.
>I shouldn't overlook the personal viewpoints of others.
>I should remember that I am actually good at doing this thing when I don't undermine myself with obtuseness.
>I should share my problems with others before they get out of control.

Seriously how many times does that shit have to happen before they'll get a fucking clue?
Oh wait, that's right, it'll be that way FOREVER, because god forbid that writers have characters actually grow in ways that aren't superfluous to the problems they actually confront.
>>
Just a reminder they are still writing her as a unicorn Twilight. Wings are just there for gags.
>>
>>25594638
They do the same shit over and over because they are lazy fucks that don't care about development. Most little kids aren't glued to a certain show and check the schedule and shit, they just turn the tv on at random times and usually watch whatever garbage is on, unless they really like one show.
>>
File: Yes I'm mad.png (132 KB, 363x365) Image search: [Google]
Yes I'm mad.png
132 KB, 363x365
>>25594315
Because Twilight finishing her studies on the Magic of Friendship and becoming an alicorn was supposed to be the series' ultimate finale, and not something that happens in the middle of the show during a fucking 20-minute musical episode.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.