[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starlight > Twilight ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: sky fight.jpg (737 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sky fight.jpg
737 KB, 1920x1080
Keep seeing people saying Starlight is stronger that Twilight due to the stalemate. I thought it was just Twilight was getting tired of getting portaled around everywhere and had shitty aim since Starlight wasn't blocking any hits.

Thoughts?
>>
>>25592572
Starlight had Determination which automatically made her stronger than Twilight, that was until she spared Twilight.
>>
>>25592572
>glimmer will never be properly punished for being a massive cunt and ruining things for so many
it's a festering, burning feel
>>
>>25592572
>Starlight is stronger that Twilight due to the stalemate. I thought it was just Twilight was getting tired of getting portaled around everywhere and had shitty aim since Starlight wasn't blocking any hits

Right about blocking the hits, also Starlight had a head start having twilight to cast several times a high tier spell before the battle, plus whatever magic she had to do on every world. Also assume she's also using her magic to let spike float/fly in the mean time while Starlight is doing the same on herself.
>>
I'm just happy there wasn't some element of harmony rainbow power crap this go
>>
Didn't like the part where Starlight seemed to be actively flying. We'd seen unicorns self-levitate before but if they can fly fast and agile enough to keep up with pegasus wings, kinda overrides the use of wings or earth pony traits to begin with.
>>
>>25592651
starlight is a special pony
>>
>>25592572
It's just people not thinking. Starlight is OP for sure, something they even mentioned at the end of the finale. We'll find out more about that next season I'm sure.

Personally, with all the power moves of last season like CMCs getting marks and Candyass&Shiney fucking, I wouldn't past the writers to validate the she's somehow connected to Starswirl theory. Be it descendant, reincarnation, or who the fuck knows what. Plus they've been teasing shit about him every season.

Even though she's clearly powerful, Twi still would have won the fight under normal circumstances. She was in and out of portals, casting, and trying to get out of trouble in every timeline. She was worn out.
Plus she obviously skips cardio warm ups.
>>
>>25592609
I thought only Twilight had that power.
>>
>>25592663
This. There's gonna be something about her next season.
Twilight is magic. Even as a unicorn she was OP. You can't just up that without some big guns backing you. I doubt it's a cutie mark thing, but SG has something going on.
>>
>>25592572
I think the major part is that Starlight has prepared every outcome through ep 3 up to ep 25. Like she says to Twilight. "She's predictable."
>>
It's just overreactive glimmer fans spouting shit. Ignore it.
>>
>>25592572
lets make the same thread again, we haven't discussed this exact thing for the last 3 or so threads
>>
>>25592572
I'd like to think more about how Twilight is the Element of Magic and knows shitloads of different spells, but somehow only though about using teleportation, shielding, minor levitation and LAZOR BEEMS during the entire ordeal.
>>
>>25592769
>everyone on 4chan is always on 4chan, all the time
Not everyone is a NEET, bro.
>>
>>25592615
Which confirms my theory.
the dream of every woman in this planet is to whatever they want, without consequences.
Rarity is the prime example of this, and we can see it with how all female villains are redeemed so far (minus Chrysalis, but she wasn't killed either, important to note that), while Sombra was anihilated without any other explanation while being male. The other male villains have become slaves of the ponies (kekord) or they get exhiled. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>25592787
m8 ive seen 2 of these in the last 30 minutes, and another like an hour or two ago, its not like im calling the same thread existing twice within a day or two a bad thing
>>
>>25592822
How did a person like you ever come to watch a show like this?
>>
>>25592842
I was bored as fuck.
Besides is not like I have somewhere else to go.
>>
>>25592769
>>25592837

Sorry I got a shitty connection at the moment and just wanted a quick recap of what people were talking about. Didn't mean to spread a shitstorm here. My apologies for being a lazy ass.
>>
>>25592572

There is another possible explanation.

Fighting too hard would distract the racers and stop the rainboom. Twilight had to hold back to keep that from happening.
>>
>>25592875
Do yourself a favor and study up on a little something called "confirmation bias".

You probably won't regret it.
>>
File: 1432169397878.gif (872 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1432169397878.gif
872 KB, 400x400
>>25592572
Starlight is crazy powerful, but stronger than Twilight? She would've to have beaten her for that. She couldn't even thought Twilight is a shitty flyer
>>
>>25592977
I didn't made this theory up until now though.
It wasn't my objective to come to this conclusion when I started watching this thing.
It just came naturally based on my observations. I am unsure why women think they can get away with anything without consequence, or at least why they teach this in this show. For me it is pretty creepy.
>>
Look at the three names.
Sunset Shimmer
Twilight Sparkle
Starlight Glimmer

Sound similar eh, well guess what - IT'S TIME TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Upon taking Sunset Shimmer as an apprentice, Celestia was aware of her magic power and how potent it was, but Sunset's delinquent and rebellious behaviour against the tyrant Celestia had led to continous disputes between the two, until Sunset decided to leave for the EQG world.

However, Celestia was aware of Sunset's power and needed to keep it somehow, so needed a back-up plan in case Sunset rebelled (Which she did!)

After getting replicas of Sunset's DNA and genetically modifying them, two genetically similar foals (Or Non identical Twins) had been produced, one having the dominant genes that made Sunset more powerful, and the other with the recessive - After making a tragic mistake, Celestia had put the one she thought was recessive in the orphanage, and manipulated the other's life in order to turn her into the next princess.

Unfortunately, the recessive and Dominant genes were mixed up, hence why Starlight is stronger than Twilight.

Also, Celestia genetically engineered them, hence they would not resemble Shimmer, but the names are similar due to the fact that they are technically her clones.

Starlight has the more powerful magic and has her own ideals, if she were the one to receive full on alicorn powers, we'd be fucked.

TLDR TWILIGHT AND STARLIGHT ARE CLONES OF SUNSET SHIMMER
>>
>>25593042
You only pay attention to the observations that confirm your original bias. By all means, prove me wrong.

>>25593056
Oh boy. Another guy who thinks he can make a decent copypasta. Joyous day.
>>
>>25593068
Well maybe I can't recall how they afront consequences.
At least in this episode, imo it results that Twilight is right by all means, despite destroying what Glimmer made, based only on her friendship philosophy.
Glimmer can't go and alter multiple lives without consequence, but Twilight can?...
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't hate Twilight. It just seems like there is an implication that there is no grey morality in here at all, while in reality the whole set of actions that Twilight and Celestia do have a lot of gray morality behind them.
The most obvious example of this to make it simple is letting Chrysalis to die without love. Sure they were gonna be killed and couldn't help it, but still it is gray morality simply because it is kill or be killed.
>>
>>25592775

Actually, humans (and by extension anthropomorphic animals) brains freeze up under stress.

Take fencers. Sure, when the swords are fake you might be Zorro and Inigo Montoya rolled up into one, able to defeat 30 men in a row in the sparring area. But if someone pulls a real sword, chances are your brain will default back into caveman overhand chops. Same is true of most other skills, too.

Twilight might know how 100 different useful spells, but in the heat of the moment she's just going to do the most primal and natural of things. aka Chargin' her lazor.
>>
>>25592677
im kinda on board with this
>>
>>25593116
Maybe. It was still shitty writing for a magical duel. Worse than Magic Duel, even.
>>
>>25592572
Twilight can't fly for shit, Starlight can. Hence the fight ended in a draw.
>>
>>25593226
Wouldn't that mean that Starlight is more powerful simply because she can maintain the flying spell AND also still shoot Twilight at the same time?
Has Twilight or some other pony executed multiple tasks using their magic in other occasions? none come to mind right now.
>>
Starlight is Starswirl's great great great granddaughter.
>>
>>25593335
I want to people who never watched Season 1 to leave.
>>
>>25593371
I watched a lot of episodes from all seasons, but right now I can't remember much.
I do remember the faggotry of the gala tickets and the first two episodes, but I don't remember specific details like the one I was talking about.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>25593335
I'd imagine powerful unicorns can just do that. That being said there really aren't that many.

Twi and Trixie, as unicorns, were shown to be able to lift massive objects, that others couldn't. I'd image they could easily self levitate, Trix maybe in quick bursts.

Twilight's 'fighting' style is more based on quick teleports, or it used to be. Now that she has wings why even bother and waste the magic. Which I believe she easily could is she wanted to. She may eat a lot, but she's not the heavy.

SG, might find 'flying' meshes better with her fighting style, or maybe she can't teleport and just kept practicing self levitation until she was especially proficient at it.
>>
File: spoon feeding.gif (117 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
spoon feeding.gif
117 KB, 590x393
>>25593400
>gala tickets and first two wpisodes
>faggotry
I don't know why I even bother coming here anymore. You fucks have infested this place like bedbugs.

Go watch Boast Busters again. Starlight's a fucking scrub compared to Twilight when it comes to simultaneous magic. Or at least, she would be if it weren't for bad writing.
>>
File: 1444337294636.jpg (43 KB, 514x601) Image search: [Google]
1444337294636.jpg
43 KB, 514x601
>>25593400
>faggotry of the gala tickets and the first two episodes
Leave and never come back
>>
>>25593761
>make twilight as powerful as she's expected to be
>season finale ends in 5 minutes

What's the point, lad
>>
>>25593761
>>25593778
Keep crying nostalgiafags.
>>25593812
Despite you saying she has been toned down for drama, she is now so predictable because they always win, even worse since it is almost always at first try.
They really are fucked by the "keep it simple because for girls" thing.
>>
>>25593885
What an edgy piece of shit you are...
>>
>>25593885
>They really are fucked by the "keep it simple because for girls" thing
They're fucked because they're bad at writing conflict. Stop trying to sugarcoat it. Hasbro mandate plays its part, true, but that didn't seem to stop much back in the day.

Nostalgia isn't always unwarranted, you dip.
>>
>>25592775
Twilight is a proper mage. She isn't a battle-mage. She is pretty so-so in actual magic combat.

On topic, I think if Twilight had a pure power competition with Starlight, Twilight could've won by a mile. But in actual combat she's pretty bad, thus a stalemate.
>>
File: 1386437498707.png (259 KB, 893x1380) Image search: [Google]
1386437498707.png
259 KB, 893x1380
>>25594770
It doesn't matter, time is gone and won't come back.
You can keep holding into your memories, but don't bitch when somebody insults you because of it. Because if you really care about them, you shouldn't really care, after all it is your time and if you wish to spend it as this, then good for you.
Just hope it is truly what you want and you don't regret missing the good things (if any) of the present.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.