[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FYI Twilight, no one, nor anything cannot alter the future, one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: spacetime.png (272 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
spacetime.png
272 KB, 2000x2000
FYI Twilight, no one, nor anything cannot alter the future, one who masters time travel only create more futures, as many dimensions for various things that happens or not.
Right now, you're watching this computer screen, while on another timeline you could be preparing dinner or something like, being at work, on another thread, or even on an alternate spacetime continuum, being on the streets, as German Troops are trying to reach Dallas, capital of the new U.S. long story...

Now there are a few things this Habering got me in the mind. if Spike left that thing alone, they would just don't have to care, they're already in a branch of the future, without Glimmer fucking with filly RD. Good riddance.
>Twilight and Spike follows her.
So what happens to the timeline where Twilight and Starlight are no longer a part of? from their point of view it's no more. BUT there are things in this timeline that keeps going. ponies and planets and all a world going without them.

They're travellin' back about a decade ago or something. From Glimmer's point of view, she has to stop Twilight just once. As she's actually going back always at the same place and everytime is different for the clumsiest alicorn alive.

What do they do? They're becoming friends again and decide to go back to the "present" together

there's no such thing as a present as much as there's a bubble of energy called an electron spinning around an atom's nucleus. you can not determine where you go on the future because it will be a new future you're a part of. the simple fact of being on a place or stomping on the ground makes you altering the future and thus creating your own event of timeline. but WHAT happens to the one you left? that's the big thing I'd like to know.
>>
>>25588021
>time travel plots are stupid

Good to know.
>>
>>25588021
fuck off namefag
>>
the future you created is highly similar to the one you left, it's a question of you being the common denominator, and just like magnets attracting eachother, because of positive/negative charges, the spacetime the time travellers have left will collide with the one they took a part of.

imagine, we are on a 4-D universe. to make things more simple, we will fit it in 2-D.

since the beginning, time is expanding at the same rate as the inflation of the universe.
if there's a need for events, time will be produced. it's not time that makes things, it's things happening that creates time. and spacetime has been subject to expondential growth just like our universe after the big bang, and so everything we do, every action is a part of everything.

How come Twilight don't even know this!?
>>
>>25588139
you welcome. I'm going to try and think of writing some greentext about this just to annoy you and your

QUAL FLANK!
>>
>>25588180
Good luck writing a way around a filter, faggot
>>
Did you drew this? Anon you might be an autist but I love it. Is English your first language?
>>
>>25588021
>taking time-travel plots seriously

kill yourself
>>
>>25588021
>timeline where op is hetro
I'm calling bs on that one
even if it's included for the sake of anomalies and completeness there is no why it will ever happen
>>
File: 1448753257338.jpg (9 KB, 164x188) Image search: [Google]
1448753257338.jpg
9 KB, 164x188
>>25588021
>mfw im way to tired for this mind eruption
>>
>>25588021
Looking back at the episode, I think you're right here, the writers definitely went with the 'shift to alternate timeline' type of time travel rather than the linear sort they used in It's About Time.

To answer your question, I suppose it kept rolling on if Starlight and Twilight vanished, and they're now in a version of the future where some passer's by in Cloudsdale saw a flying unicorn and a pretty purple princess shouting at each other about friendship. If that has any sort of butterfly effect on the future they're now in, I'm interested to know.

My question is this. Where was Twilight in all these alternate timelines? She never went to magic school, never discovered her talent when she should have.
>>
File: autism.jpg (135 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
135 KB, 800x1200
>eight gorillion hours in gimp
feel free to make it less terrible, anons
>>
>>25591623
>parallel universes wrap around in a cycle
nice
>>
>>25591248
The best explanation is that the twilight who fails her exam to the point she never enters the school doesn't exist, as starlights own alternate universe creation hinges on her interactions with twilight.
>>
File: 1443928648850.png (78 KB, 465x426) Image search: [Google]
1443928648850.png
78 KB, 465x426
>>25588021
I am way too tired for this mindfuck.

Seriously.......holy fuck, this is advanced shit.
>>
>>25591623
Also on the list should be the weakening of the plot tree that makes the shifts happen. Everytime the Friendships died the tree became weaker, influencing the future.
>>
>>25588021
Well think about it.

Twilight never changed with her future, yet we never saw her in any of the futures either. If multi-timeline theory was not the case, Starlight would have won the moment she entered the portal, as Twilight as we know her would have immediately ceased to exist.

This means that ALL of those possible universes out there are still canon and still going. None of them were undone, as Starlight's initial plan was also not undone.
>>
File: autism.jpg (167 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
167 KB, 900x1200
>>25591749
>>
Why is the table always there? It should not even exist.
>>
>>25592086
She said something in the episode about it being connected to the elements.
>>
File: autism.jpg (182 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
182 KB, 900x1200
>>25591985
it's a clusterfuck
>>
>>25592200
not only that, but the table area degraded with each jump
I think it also had to do with it being at ground zero of the spell and that it was connected to the spell as well that kept it there
though, why did it take the table to jump-start the spell?
what other secrets does it hide?
how old IS the tree?
>>
>>25592208
one thing... why didn't she just go back in time and keep her friend from getting his CM?
>>
>>25592269
Older than the princesses, that's for sure.
>>
File: autism.jpg (195 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
195 KB, 900x1200
>>25592293
good question. maybe she hit her limitation because she couldn't remember any significant events *before* her friend got his cutie mark.

also i am done with editing these things, i can't into gimp
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
>>25591974
Multiverse theory doesn't work like that, when you go back in time, it's the past of an alternate timeline where any small factor has been changed, not your own. When you return to the present, you're going back to your own timeline all the past events that lead up to where you are now are the same.
An example would be in back to the future if marty successfuly helped his father stand up to biff but when he came back his father was still a betafag as before and the picture marty had with him never changed once. Or if in the past marty's dad was the bully and biff was the spinless pussy.

That autistic rambling aside my question is if filly dash not performing the rainboom was the fixed point that prevented the main 6 from aquiring the elements, then why is luna nightmare moon in only one scenario? Two examples are
1. In the sombre future celestia is leading the equestrian army against sombre. It kinda makes sense if nmm never returned from the moon.
2. in the discord future luna AND celestia are there as discord's clowns. Why would luna be normal if the elements were never there to change her back from nmm?
That being said, if we're lead to believe that it's a singular timeline then how does the way starlight glimmer stops the rainboom cause major changes in which villain takes over equestria?
>>
>>25592450
>We've actually time traveled, so we know how it works in fact

Anon.
>>
>>25592293
Shit, if everyone get's their cutie mark immediately, why did she see her friend getting one as "Oh fuck, my friend just got a cutie mark, we're no longer friends"? Two seconds after he got it no less
>>
It's a cartoon show and the writers clearly fucked up the time travel aspect.
>>
>>25592315
it would also have to be older than the events of the first hearthswarming origin since the princesses knew starswirl personally (based on Luna's "you even got the bells right" comment) and that one of the founders of the holiday was his apprentice

I wonder if the tree had some part in getting the 3 types of ponies to get along?
the tree is in a cave (strange place for a tree)
the tree is crystal in appearance, maybe it has a connection to the Crystal Empire?

>>25592450
the other thing was that in a few of the futures they DID have their CM, so how is that possible?
did they get them at different times, thus cutting their EoH ties to one another?

>>25592500
she stated that once he got his, his family moved him to Canterlot
idk if she or he tried to stay in touch. either way, to her the CM was the reason why he was no longer in her life, therefore CMs are bad
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.