[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where in the hell did the Twilight Sparkle that failed the magical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (637 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
637 KB, 960x640
Where in the hell did the Twilight Sparkle that failed the magical exam go to during the different timelines? We never saw her once.
>>
>>25580869
She killed herself after failing that hard in front of all those magic testers.
>>
>>25580869
The one thing that got me about that scene was how, while she shows Spike in that slide, she never mentions how great it was to meet him.
>>
an hero
>>
>>25580869
She never left canterlot.
>>
>>25580869
Twilight was part of the spell so she wasn't affected, same as Spike.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>25580869
There was no Twilight Sparkle that failed the magical exam. Her passing the exam was a fixed point in time, otherwise Starlight Shimmer wouldn't have had a nemesis to learn and use the time spell against. In short, time compensated around the paradox
>>
>>25580894

if i ever met spike, i'd tell him all about what an unpleasant experience i'd be having meeting him
>>
>>25580869
sedoku.
>>
>>25580894
Aw shit, that would be hella cute.
Now it makes a little sad.
>>
>>25580925
Other worlds theory.
>>
>>25580910
>>25580925

We see a scene where she fails to hatch Spike's egg while the present Twilight is with Starlight. These are different timelines, so two alternates could exist. Twilight wasn't part of the spell, it was Starlight.
>>
>>25580869
She probably Moondancer'd and sheltered herself in her home studying by herself.
>>
>>25580910
This.
Because she was the involved in the spell, She got knocked out of the timeline until she fixed it. Essentially these are AU's in which she isn't born.

Conversely, if Twilight never unlocks avatar mode, she stays and Canterlot and becomes Moondancer. And Spike is never hatched. So Unicorn Twilight would have no business being anywhere near the plot.

Also >>25580925 is a valid explanation
>>
Meh, I guess it's simple.
1. So we saw a scene with Twilight failing hathcing Spike.
2. That would imply that Spike's existence should ceased to be.
3. Except he is still existing.
4. In the end Rainboom actually happened.
5. So everything is back to normal

Wasn't that called bootstrap paradox? It assumes that the whole timeline is already predefined. If that would actually succeed, Spike would never exist since the beginning of show.
>>
>>25581199
Exactly, Twilight wouldn't have had her wings and would have become Rarity tier magic wise if it was succeeding at all. They still managed to follow It's About Time's time travel logic which made the outcome of a Twilight victory impossibly more likely than the 100% she already had.
>>
>>25580894
Yet another proof that Spike is treated like shit by his friends despite his loyalty and potentially great personality. He's literally the Pierce Washington/Caboose/Harley Quinn of the franchise.
>>
>>25581199
The Twilight and Spike were from the world that wasn't fucked; they didn't so much travel to different futures but different world where those futures happened.
>>
>>25581333
That is actually derivative stuff here which is called IIRC "Stable time loop".
>>
>>25581199
>>25581092
>>25581113

in regards to spike, you're all making the assumption that neither of these two things can't happen:

A) The egg hatches on its own, like about any other egg
B) Somebody else hatches the egg, like another prospective magic school student
>>
>>25580869
Moondancer 2.0
>>
>>25580894
it was a presentation about cutie marks, not about friends
>>
>>25580869
the magical spell replaced the twilight from that timeline with the timetraveling twilight
>>
>>25580869
Doesn't really exist, as the time change hasn't become permanent and Twilight herself had become an outsider of time and thus wasn't yet effected by the changes occurring.

If Starlight had actually ripped the scroll, the spell that bound Twilight to the whole time travel bit would have been undone and Twilight would have become subjected to the changes.
>>
>>25581712
But she mentioned how it led to her being Celestia's apostle and how she met her friends.
If you can mention your friends and your time as a ruler's personal student, why can't you mention the dragon that's been there with you his entire life and far longer than any of your friends?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.