[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you people hold S1 like it was part of the holy grail?.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1433090352478.gif (87 KB, 280x297) Image search: [Google]
1433090352478.gif
87 KB, 280x297
Why do you people hold S1 like it was part of the holy grail?.

Yeah, you could argue that the S1 & S2 era was the peak of the community or how grateful you are that it started everything, but the quality of the episodes themselves are (while not bad) pretty low considering the rest of the show.

I know that you can have an emotional attachment to something disregarding it's quality. I mean, I remember with love the hours of fun that winnie the pooh for nintendo 64 gave me when I was a child, but I'm aware that is fucking crap.

Just let it fucking go.
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>25580261
>>
>>25580261
I get the feeling you weren't there, which means you'd never understand since you watched them retroactively with the perspective of a newfag.
>>
File: lowqualitybait.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitybait.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>25580261
>>
>>25580378
But the season wasn't that good.
It was funny to see this exploding but then what do you liked was the phenomena that surrounded it rather than the show itself.

I do like the show and I would have enjoyed it, even if the entire /co/ and /b/ thing didn't happen.

It just wasn't that good of a season. It may have been the best moment for the community, but certainly not the peak of the show itself.
>>
All seasons are pretty good
>>
File: 1431796028802.png (612 KB, 854x941) Image search: [Google]
1431796028802.png
612 KB, 854x941
>>25580261
>>25580597
I'll bite.

>Why did S1 have that magic, anon?
Was it the slapstick? The folksy songs? Ripping urban life a new one? Mostly self contained humor except for puns? More m6 character interactions? Twilight Spergle? Applejack actually having a farm rather than an orchard? Dialogue more suited to the speakers? The aura of mystery from the everfree? The simple morals and not biting off more than you can chew? The pony poses? More action and creatures and a lesser emphasis on SoL? That comfy feel? The lore not being contradicted by future episodes? The new car smell of the fandom including brony music and bandwagoners acting relatively normal? Spike being treated like a sidekick rather than a joke? Pinkie Pie doing silly stuff and sometimes that is what wins the day rather than being serious? Rainbow Dash being more of a prankster? Fluttershy's animals actually acting like animals? Rarity not forcing her element of generosity? More subplots that actually work? A more prevalent arc? All the fan theories being stirred up without being smashed in? Generic kids show premises having a twist at the end rather than being played straight?

pls, anon
>>
>>25580802
So basically S1 for every show ever is the best season since it's all new to you.
>>
>>25580378
Anon, OP is baiting hard, yeah, but he's got a point.

If S1 aired now, anew, people would hate it. People act as if the show went from pure gold to pure shit and never seem to recall that the show was never gold in the first place. S1 was FAR from perfect.
>>
>>25580852
:^)
>>
>>25580802
>Was it the slapstick?
If there was a field were the show failed hard in the first season, it has to be this one.
Most of it played very safe until the second half of the season, and even then it wasn't that great.
Think is bait?. Lauren said herself that she had to force the animators to have fun with it.
>The folksy songs?
Who said the songs weren't good. By far the best part of the season.
>Ripping urban life a new one?
I retract. The songs and world building were the best parts of the season. I still have to see something as clever as the leaf race or the zap apples in other media.
>Mostly self contained humor except for puns?
So being restricted is a positive thing?
>More m6 character interactions?
Are you saying that there wasn't any in the other seasons?. If anything I feel they exploited better their personalities and dialog in the next seasons.
>Twilight Spergle?
I don't remember. the autistic greentext?
>Dialogue more suited to the speakers?
What do you mean with that? more natural? that was dumbed down?
>>
>>25580802
>>25581678
>The aura of mystery from the everfree?
Do you mean the first 2 episodes?
Since episode 9 in the fist season they have been getting in and out like it was a walk in the park.
>The simple morals and not biting off more than you can chew?
Now that's fucking bullshit. It pisses me off that things like Feeling Pinkie Keen get a free pass.
>The pony poses?
What the hell does that even mean?. The movement of the ponies?
>The lore not being contradicted by future episodes?
The lore is as congruent now as it was before. manehattan was shoving it's finger into the ass-hole of the setting since late S1.
>The new car smell of the fandom including brony music and bandwagoners acting relatively normal?
You are just telling me what I just told you. You enjoyed the circlejerk, not the show.
>Spike being treated like a sidekick rather than a joke?
He is introduced by being hit by twilight with a door. He hasn't changed much since then. Hell, I think S3 was the season where he got the most development and attention.
>Pinkie Pie doing silly stuff and sometimes that is what wins the day rather than being serious?
Well when did she stopped?.
>Rainbow Dash being more of a prankster?
Like 1 third of an episode? The rest of the season was just her being "cewl"
>Rarity not forcing her element of generosity?
Well, I don't remember that being a thing in the later seasons. Rarity takes manehattan(?).
>More subplots that actually work?
Do you mean twilight entering the picture and learning the lesson?. Because outside of that, I don't remember that there was much going on in those episodes.
>A more prevalent arc?
Explain yourself
>Generic kids show premises having a twist at the end rather than being played straight?
???
S1 is as straight as a cartoon can get.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.