[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Starlight prevented Rainboom from happening, then how the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: u w0t m8.png (798 KB, 1398x1038) Image search: [Google]
u w0t m8.png
798 KB, 1398x1038
If Starlight prevented Rainboom from happening, then how the fuck any timeline other than NMM one could even exist?
I mean, someone had to stop NMM to create Chrysalis timeline, just like Chrysalis had to be stopped so King Sombra timeline could happen.
The only logical explanation is that every villain is weaker than the other one and gets rekt when the next "big bad" comes.
And yet that still doesn't explain who reformed Luna in Discord's timeline.
>>
>>25579156
Because Josh Haber is a shit writer.
>>
Different ways of stopping the rainboom likely led to different ways of other villains being stopped/ different ones succeeding.
>>
Rainboom was stopped in various ways. Various outcomes happened.
>>
File: 1448442356915.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1448442356915.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>25579156
>expecting good writing
>>
>>25579156
Time Travel is really fucking complicated. The less you think about it, the better.
>>
>>25579156
Chrysy defeated NMM, Discord defeated NMM, King Sombra defeated Chrysy, Tirak defeated Sombra,

Oh and Discord just said fuck logic and either made another luna or made NMM into Luna.
>>
>>25579156
Celestia knew that NMM was returning in the original, so she probably was prepared to kick her ass without having Twilight to manipulate into redeeming her. Sombra and Chystalis are natural enemies so only fighting one is a natural possible future. Luna getting reformed might have been done by Discord himself?
>>
>>25579156
Shitty writers, that's the explanation.
>>
>>25579265

this, not hard to comprehend.
>>
Do you think writers will care about that?
>>
>>25579314
I don't know what they care about, but show quality it is not.
>>
>>25579156
Well, given the volatile nature of those events, it's easy to think of how it could have happened.

>Sombra future
When NMM returned, Celestia was prepared to fight her, deciding that there was no alternative, she killed her Sister as soon as she appeared.

Celestia's heart hardens and she becomes ever vigilant for more threats to Equestria. Twilight's going to magic school also meant getting Cadence as a foal sitter, which lead to her relationship with Shining Armor. Without that happening, they weren't going to be married anymore, which meant that Chrysalis' plan never happened and with Celestia more vigilant then ever, couldn't find an opportunity to invade.

Crystal Empire appears and with no Cadence and Shining Armor, falls easily.

>Chrysalis
Unlike the first timeline, Celestia goes into an extreme depression at what she had to do and goes into Exile. Without Celestia, Canterlot is attacked by Chrysalis as soon as she realizes that Celestia is gone.

>NMM
Celestia couldn't work up the nerve to kill her sister and instead becomes trapped in the moon after trying once again to talk her down.
>>
>>25579245
Yeah, don't think about the writing, just watch the pretty colored ponies walk around and talk.
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (272 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
272 KB, 612x792
>>25579511
>she killed her Sister as soon as she appeared
Normally I would tell you to stop being edgy, but after the edgefest that was this episode I have no right to do that.
>>
File: checkem.jpg (50 KB, 334x377) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
50 KB, 334x377
>>25579511
....Yeah, that's actually pretty good reading between the lines, man.

Good job.
>>
Also, Twilight implied that there could have been other heroes. So someone else could have defeated NMM in each timeline only for Equestria to fall later
>>
>>25579711
It's unfortunately semi canon. Faust said that if the Elements weren't found then Celestia would have had no choice as she would choose Equestria over her Sister if there was no other option.

>>25579730
It's not the best, I'm sure there are plenty of other explanations.

>>25579759
This too, just because we don't see them, doesn't mean that other Ponies weren't able to stop a singular threat. Twilight and friends just happened to be able to stop all of them.
>>
>>25579156
I guess that's left to headcanon.

>NMM
Either Celestia managed the defeat her again with the old elements of harmony or she found another group of friends who was able to use them, but they weren't strong enough to stand up to later villains, which would be very unlikely.

>Chrysalis
Maybe the Changelings never attacked in one timeline because they succeeded in another place and fed off the love there. Or Shining Armor and Cadence never became a couple in one of the timelines, so they chose a different target in a completely different location.

>Sombra
Saving the Crystal Empire was a test for Twilight. Without her there is no need for this test and Celestia (and maybe Luna) can travel there themselves, find the Crystal Heart and defeat him.

Just talking out of my ass, naturally. We have such little information about what exactly happened in each of these timelines and how the lives of all characters we've met throughout the show went, that you could interpret anything into it.
>>
>>25579808
>We have such little information about what exactly happened in each of these timelines and how the lives of all characters we've met throughout the show went, that you could interpret anything into it.

Which is probably the intent. This is a gold mine for writers. We basically have pre made Universes with very little established in them.
>>
What about the "Everything is dead" ending?
>>
>>25579914
Derpy became an alicorn princess and this is the result of her trying to rule a country. She always meant well though. Stole this from another thread, but I kind of like the idea.
>>
>>25579914
Everything wasn't dead. There were two cities on the map, with a giant desert. I want to say that the golden rings of Akasha or whatever the fuck those were called were assembled in the temple of doom and brought forth 200 years of intense heat. Indiana Jones failed.
>>
>>25580037
Oh shit, I should check all those maps now.
>>
>>25580037
I checked. There was only one mudcastle and some resemblance of mud village.
>>
>>25580297
Mud ponies really do fall apart without their betters to keep them in line.
>>
>>25579457
Mein nigger
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.