[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>These are pretty much confirmed to never mean a damn thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>These are pretty much confirmed to never mean a damn thing ever again
>>
File: 1391907752134.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1391907752134.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>25578678
>>
Yeah, this happens.

>Super Saiyan is surpassed
>Sailor Scouts get new weapons and we never see the spells again
>Ash boxes 40,000 Tauros and we never see Primeape again

We're lucky they haven't started abusing the Alicorn Fusion thing.
>>
>>25578806
Super Saiyan may get surpassed, but at least they keep Super Sayain and don't just throw it out the window.

Was there ever anything about the character's elements this season? No, the show wanted to be rid of them for no good reason.
>>
>>25579101

I think that schtick just got old. The characters all embraced their elements, So they no longer need them. Maybe the issue is they were just too easy? Hard to have a problem when you just have an orbital friendship cannon to blast your opponents into friendliness, kind of a cop out now they just use their words for a few seconds.

We'll probably see some replacement for them now that the map is no longer needed.
>>
>>25578678
Missing fucking accomplished.
>>
>>25578678
Oh no, the old poorly written deus ex machina is being replaced by a newer one. Whatever shall we do?
>>
>>25578678
It will return in Season 6.
>>
>>25578678
Not only were those made irrelevant, but their new powers where they basically go super sand only happened once in the show, and never even HINTED AT again.

In fact, EQG got more use out of that than them.

What the fuck?
>>
>>25580095
unlike Twilight's wings ! oh wait
>>
>>25580523
The Elements of Harmony will be out of the tree and the eye-sore castle will be gone forever.
>>
>>25580150
they also appeared during lunas dream sequence
>>
I hope this show does de-leveling. Not a complete reboot.
>>
>>25578678
Nothing is more fucking annoying than another season of "Learn my element for the millionth time again". God the Box season was pure shit because of that.
>>
>>25580150
That was all forced on by Hasbro. That Rainbow Power shit was being hyped and marketed for months before the finale aired. Once the S4 finale came out and all the girls bougth the toys, interest waned fast and Hasbro just moved on. Sides I don't even think the writers knew what to do with it to begin with, since there weren't many situations in Season 5 to even warrant those powers
>>
>>25579483
Neither of those things were deus ex machinas. You use that term and you don't even know what it means.
>>
>>25581915
Thing is, we all know the writers despise Hasbro, and are quick to try and get rid of anything they shove down their throats. Sadly they can't undue Princess Twilight and the castle simply because its too ingrained into the show now. Fuck the writers had all of Season 5 to finally make Twilight into someone who could really lead, but instead didn't learn their lesson from season 4 and botched things up again. Thing is, they still don't know what to do with her because she literally is a deus ex machina and a mary sue.

But with Meghan finally gone from the show, things might get better in Season 6 now that there wont be as much Twilight pandering
>>
>>25578678
Welcome to last season.
>>
>>25581978
One other thing that needs to get addressed: Celestia. Ever since Season 2 its been getting worse and worse for her. Not only has been barely appearing at all, but now she only seems to talk to and care about Twilight and and Twilight only. When before she seemed to care a lot about Twilight's friends; now most of the time she either ignores them or gives all the credit to Twilight for saving the day when it was one of her friends who actually did it. Fuck what's even worse is that Cadence is becoming a more likable character than Celestia. Hell she's really friendly with Pinkie Pie now. Even Luna acknowledges Twilight's friends as important.

Celestia no longer matters it seems in the end. She's just there to fill a role.
>>
>>25579378
I think that's it. The characters don't exactly need the elements anymore because they embraced/became one with the element. They gave them back to fix the tree and the key box gave them the power they returned while letting the tree keep the main artifacts. It's not so much the elements are useless, the mane 6 just "are" the elements.
>>
>>25581915
i wonder, did any rainbow-power toys were even made much less enough to warrant hypen them up?
Of course it's a nice meme "buy our new toys" whenever a change is made in MLP, but are there actually as many toys as people make it out to be?
>>
>>25581915
Hasbro made a mistake. The Elements of Harmony is the most powerful of all ponydom, not rainbow power, it's racist.
>>
I just realized this season didn't have any marketing plot like the Rainbow shit last time.
>>
>>25582923
It introduced a new character to sell toys with.
>>
>>25582923

The cutie mark focus on the map and CMC and shit was the marketing plot. This year's toyline waas called Cutie Mark Magic and it was basically normal toys but with shiny cutie marks stamped around their main cutie mark.
>>
>>25582935
The introduction of one character that probably won't even sell many figures. Compare that to wedding playsets, super saiyan ponies, or MMC.

At worst, it's the least product placement we've had in a finale since The Best Night Ever.
>>
>>25578678
In Season 6 premiere, The Elements of Harmony will return with the new element with Starlight Glimmer and Twilight's elements of magic tiara return, not the princess crown.
>>
File: feels2.jpg (10 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
feels2.jpg
10 KB, 243x200
>>25578678
>>25578756
>>
>>25582118
They were being sold at McDonalds
>>
Some rumor going around for months now is that the theme of Season 6 is going to be "Guardians of Friendship" or something like that
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.