[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We predict the worst possible scenarios for our waifus in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: It's Shit.png (53 KB, 328x350) Image search: [Google]
It's Shit.png
53 KB, 328x350
ITT: We predict the worst possible scenarios for our waifus in the MLP movie.

>pic related
>becomes pure marketing for the movie, she's everywhere
>in the movie itself, she's only comic relief and does nothing important herself
>her comic relief is shitty and forced
>>
>>25562137
So just like in the show?
>>
File: 1365181140687.jpg (38 KB, 584x555) Image search: [Google]
1365181140687.jpg
38 KB, 584x555
>>25562137
>she's only comic relief and does nothing important herself
>her comic relief is shitty and forced
So basically just like in the show?
>>
>>25562137

You mean like in the show?
>>
>>25562137
Therefore she will act in a similar fashion in relation to her forced antics just as the character would do in the televised animated program?
>>
>>25562137
Live action ala Smurfs
you may now /thread
>>
>>25562137
inb4 "just like in the show"
>>
>>25562299
can't inb4 after 4 people have said it tard
>>
Fluttershy does nothing but panic and drag everyone down just like the show and doesn't even use her animal whisperer powers.
>>
>>25562146
>>25562149
>>25562264
>>25562278
>>25562285
>>25562299
>>25562400
I miss season 1 pinkie so much. she was hyperactive, but they kept the lel so random elements under control. they don't even bother with expanding her anymore, she was far more 3 dimensional in season 1.
>>
>>25562419
She was great in Swarm of the Century.
She was nutty and appeared to be random, but it was all a clever act so she could save the day.
That's the Pinkie I want to see more of, but we won't.
Now we just get Pinkie saying random shit and doing random shit, and it's all just random for the sake of random.
>>
>>25562419
>>25562436
The fuck is this meme?

Pinkie's always done random shit. If anything she's much more developed than she ever was in Season 1.

>all of her Season 1 episodes are based around her being crazy and weird
>FOREVER
>always singing random songs (admittedly I miss this)
>directly breaks the fourth wall at the end of an episode
>eating part of a rainbow literally turned her face all colors of the rainbow
>tends to annoy everyone a lot more, particularly Rainbow and Twilight

Try to sum up her character based only on her season 1 appearances. It pretty much amounts to 'she's annoying, weird and hyper'.

Past that, we've gotten much more development. We know that in reality she loves to make other ponies smile, she's actually very organised, has many connections across Equestria and seems to work very hard doing odd jobs around town.

None of the above was in Season 1.
>>
>>25562490
In gryphon the brushoff though Rainbow warmed up to Ponks though when they bonded over pranks.
>>
> 1x05 - Griffon the Brush Off: Pinkie is seemingly an annoying pain the in the butt to Gilda, but it’s a clever setup to show Gilda’s true nature to everyone.
> 1x10 – Swarm of the Century: Pinkie is seemingly random the whole episode, but has a clever plan to get rid of the parasites.
> 1x15: Feeling Pinkie Keen: Maximum random. Moral Doesn’t make sense. Also not that funny.
> 1x25: Party of one. Classic funny pinkie. Gives good development of her insecure nature.
Season 1 summary: 3 good episodes, 1 Bad episodes

> 2x13 – Baby Cakes: I’m pinkie, look at me I can’t take care of babies, watch me do random stuff. It’s OK because I break down in the end and everything is better. I might have learned a lesson
>2x18 – A Friend in Deed: This one is a good pinkie episode. She actually helps someone, even if she is determined to be an annoying fuck the whole time. Plus good song.
>2x24 – MMMystery on the Friendship Express: Average pinkie episode. Not great, not awful, but pinkie doesn’t serve much of a purpose beyond agitating everyone so the story can proceed.
Season 2 summary: 1 good episode, 1 Bad episode, 1 Meh episode

> 3x03 – Too Many Pinkie Pies: Random Incarnate: The episode. Pure ridiculousness for the sake of ridiculousness.
> 3x12 Games Ponies Play: Pinkie goes full retard. She is literally retarded.
Season 3 summary: 2 Bad episodes
>>
>>25562884
>4x09 – Pinkie Apple Pie: Good pinkie episode. She was an important part of the plot, wasn’t a retard, and there was a good song.
>4x12 – Pinkie Pride: A lot of random here, but it works since the episode is dedicated to crazy wacky antics.
>4x18 – Maud Pie: Pinkie is kind of random, but ultimately it’s her attempt to bring her friends and family together through clashing personalities. A good episode.
>4x22 - Trade ya: Pinkie is borderline annoying, but she has some function to advance the lesson with Twilight.
Season 4 summary: 3 good episodes, 1 Meh episode

>5x03 – Castle Sweet Castle: “What do you mean you don’t like artillery hidden throughout your house Twilight?” Wut?
>5x08 – Griffonstone: Pinkie works well with Dash here. Not too much uncalled for randomness
>5x11 – Party Pooped: Ugh. The episode as a whole isn’t great, but I can’t fault pinkie since she tried and at least developed some lesson
>5x19 – The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows: Pinkie randomness and babies again. Didn’t we get this already in baby cakes? Not that great.
>5x20 – Hearthbreakers: A nice look into Pinkes family and how her personality fit’s in with them. Good episode.
Season 5 summary: 2 good episode, 1 Bad episode, 2 Meh episode

Overall I think Pinkie hit a low spot in season 2&3 but has had enough good episodes since to recover.
I still argue that she was more clever in season 1 with her motives.
>>
File: 1448572569008.png (67 KB, 466x600) Image search: [Google]
1448572569008.png
67 KB, 466x600
>>25562137
She doesn't even appear
I mean, it's the show's movie, they have to include everyone, right?
>>
>>25562490
>Everything I don't agree with is a meme
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 168x250
She has 6 lines and ends up shipped with Discord by the end.
>>
>>25562137
everypony hugs each other and rainbows fall around them
>>
File: 536264726.png (579 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
536264726.png
579 KB, 1024x819
>>25562137
>shes there to tell twilight and the others how dangerous x is, alongside her sister
>theyre not seen again until the end of the movie where they congratulate the m7 on their success
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.