[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spikefags are the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7
File: spikefagsbtfo.jpg (106 KB, 621x342) Image search: [Google]
spikefagsbtfo.jpg
106 KB, 621x342
Spikefags are the worst
>>
>>25561989
SPIKEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>25561989
Don't rope all Spikefags in with that faggot.
>>
>>25561989
G.M. Berrow seems pretty petty here too desu.
>>
>>25561989
I think they are both acting like idiots.
>>
>>25561989
She can't handle constructive criticism!
>>
Good job cancerfags, you did it again
>>
>>25561989
She wrote a terrible episode and can't even take criticism, enjoy the new writers folks.
>>
Why does a show about pastel coloured ponies stirrup soo much autism for?!
>>
Think Season 6 will suck with the new writers?
>>
>>25561989
They are both terrible people.
>>
>>25562047
You're fired.
>>
>>25562070
Her track record has only one episode and it is in my bottom 5 for this season.
>>
>>25562058
Writing a bad episode is no reason to tolerate a mob of hecklers, junior.
>>
>>25562097
Just because a few autistic herclers talked to you isn't reason to ignore all criticism, grandpa.
>>
>>25561989
Haha, Spikefags finally snapped from all this shitting on sparity and spike.
>>
Lesbianfags are still the worst.
>>
I don't know why but offending this show's personnel always feels much worse than doing so to like...Hideki Kamiya.

Why is that?
>>
>>25561989
Antispikefags are more insufferable desu senpai
>>
>>25562058
But that wasn't a terrible episode, except to autistic retards who HATEHATEHATE the fact that there's going to be a baby. The same kind of socially stunted faggots who hated Baby Cakes just because it had babies in it. What the fuck is the deal with /mlp/ aspies and hating babies anyway?
>>
>>25563038
Because there was nothing funny in Baby Cakes.
>>
>>25563038
Give me a good reason not to hate things that revolve around infants.
>>
Being a Spikefag is suffering

in b4 edgy anti-spike posters
>>
Let's be honest, they wouldn't have had even bothered to look at the issue if there weren't so many vocal complainers.
>>
>>25563057
Lack of jokes for an euphoric mind aside, it's one of the most realistic in terms of the moral it puts across and also explored Pinkie's character in a far more complex way than most other episodes before and after by showing her weakness in taking responsibility and how she overcomes that weakness. It was a work of subtlety, that thing people have been bitching the show lacks, yet most dismiss it for "not being funny".

>>25563065
That's your prerogative to dismiss something for petty and arbitrary reasons, plenty here do that for a variety of things.
Take for instance the CMC in the earlier season: absolutely hated by the people in the threads on /co/, a position that didn't change even on /mlp/ until mid-way season 3 to early season 4, but for what purpose? Because they were naive and childish. But wait, isn't that exactly what they are? Naive young children? It sure helps enjoy the show when there's something to hate the very nature of in it.
>>
>>25563065
Little girls like babies
Young adult men don't like babies
Therefore, anytime they write an episode about babies means they value the target audience over the adult audience, wich is a good thing.
>>
>>25563228
Swashbucklist doesn't give good criticism and attacks writers. Other Spikefags can explain what they dislike. He's just a dick.
>>
>>25563277
Fair enough. I can respect valuing the target audience but also agree that "bronies" would generally not like episodes with babies.

>>25563262
I don't like things with infants because they require all-consuming care and devotion in real life and in fiction.
This ultimately means that people and or characters must put 100% of their time into the babies leaving almost no time for anything not baby related.
Baby cakes was not good development for Pinkie. She literally failed at everything the whole episode, and then broke down crying at the end, because babies are aggravating pieces of shit.
Just because she recited a princess letter at the end doesn't mean it was good.
>>
>>25562033
#NOTALLSPIKEFAGS
>>
>>25561989
spike deserves to be hanged. fuck spike and fuck spikefags. spike deserves a slow and painful death.
>>
>>25563211
>hating spike is edgy
spike deserves everything he gets. I hope in the season final twilight leaves spike to die a painful death and hes written out of the show.
>>
>>25563403
>>25563416
>>
>>25563348
Therein lies the excellent use of the babies as a tool to express the character's weakness. It showed that Pinkie was not ready for the responsibilities of taking care of something that needs such focus and dedication and by the end of the episode she came to accept that fact, grounding the episode even further in realism.
Compare this to, say Party of One. An episode well regarded by the majority, but did Pinkie actually learn anything from it? She certainly didn't learn that sometimes friends need their space and may not always want to hang out. What we got out of that whole episode was her having a mental breakdown that was made better because "lol oh yeah it was my birthday!"
Not to disregard the subtle message of that episode being to trust friends, but it could have been something deeper and more substantial for Pinkie as a character. A lesson she kind of learned in A Friend In Deed, although she worked against it throughout the episode
>>
>>25562999
lesbians are purity. rarity and applejack should team up and kill spike, male bastard deserves it.
>>
File: 1446105220788.gif (1 MB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1446105220788.gif
1 MB, 500x600
>>25563403
>>25563416
>>
>>25561989
>able to write spike good

what else does he require her to do ?
jump to the moon ?
invent 30 new colors ?
>>
>>25563479
>grounding the episode further in realism
>further in realism
>realism

I think you're watching the wrong show m8.
I want entertainment from my pony, not realism.

Also, I highly disagree that Baby Cakes was anywhere close to being as good as Party of One as far as developing the character of Pinkie Pie.
Party of One uncovered Pinkie's subconscious anxiety about being away from friends and shows how her active imagination can get the better of her in an extreme way.
We literally learn something about her that's more than surface deep and help explains why she is always so friendly and engaged with other ponies.
Baby Cakes just shows that she isn't a baby expert, which is no fucking surprise. Any of the mane 6, except for Fluttershy, could have taken her place in that episode and it would be exactly the same.
Baby Cakes severely lacks on the entertainment value.
>>
>>25563562
All you have to do is try. That's all it takes.
>>
>>25562066
Heh, I see what you did there.
>>
>>25563599
I'm watching the wrong show, yet you're ascribing speculative mental issues as a defined character trait based on what was basically a stretched out gag for an episode?
And why shouldn't the show be able to tackle more realistic problems just because it's a cartoon? Hell, most of the slice of life stuff is exactly that outside of the few that go to the extremes for the sake of humor like PoO did. But it's bad in this one instance because it involved babies?
Again, it's your prerogative to hate some aspect arbitrarily. In my opinion it only detracts from your ability to enjoy it as far as disliking a part of it. Like people who hate Twilicorn yet still watch the show; obviously going to hate any episode that includes her in any way regardless of how well the episode itself is written.
Just as you are disregarding that Pinkie learned something about herself from BC. You dismiss it as shallow simply because it was portrayed through taking care of infants, but learning the extent of one's ability to take on responsibilities isn't insignificant.

>Baby Cakes severely lacks on the entertainment value.
In your opinion, and I'll bring up again that it's due to preconceived bias because of the infants involved, which of course is a personal issue. Go ahead and mention that it's because you didn't find the jokes funny or weren't interested in the plot, it was all inherently tied to the titular babies.
>>
>>25563863
The jokes were not funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqgG50Z4AK4
>>
>>25563877
>The pony is going crazeh talking to inanimate objects! lololol isn't that so randumb?! xDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T22wxk1DSJY
>>
Wasn't this a thread about Spike?
>>
If I had to choose between eradicating all Spikefags and curing cancer I'd ask what the difference is.
>>
>>25563863
It's not because I have pre-concieved notions about babies, it's that it wasn't a very entertaining episode, lust like most baby-centric stories in media.
IMO the beginning of the episode wasted a lot of unnecessary time visiting each of the mane 6 and showing how none of them wanted anything to do with the babies.
We then get 15 more minutes of kitchen messes and panicking before she breaks down and admits defeat.
If there was something funny in there then it must have flown way over my head.
Maybe if Pinkie actually left the house with the cake tiwns and got into some UN-expected shenanigans, I would have enjoyed it more.

And no, I'm not being speculative on Party of One. She clearly fabricated a scenario in her mind that was out of tune with reality, based in the fear that she was being
ostracized by her friends. It's revealing of her traits, just as she acted them out in the episode. In the episode, she literally had her own imaginary party with inanimate objects
in a way that was visually portrayed to be semi psychotic.
>>
File: bon rurgundy.jpg (20 KB, 720x464) Image search: [Google]
bon rurgundy.jpg
20 KB, 720x464
>>25563999
HEYO!
>>
>>25563956
That's still pretty funny.
Pinkie is going off the rails and fabricating unique personalities for each of her made up friends
Meanwhile Dash is standing around being like "Pinkie I'm having none of your shit today"
I kek'd

>>25563959
Fuck spike. He doesn't deserve a thread.
>>
>>25563228
True, at least they were more sensible at first with their concerns and didn't just become complacent either, which is good.

But then you have people like Swashbucklist and Tom Spiegel who go way too far.
>>
>>25563562
It has been done multiple times well.
>>
>>25564099
Thankfully they are mostly ignored and made fun of.

When you really think about it the stuff that happens to Spike's character is upsetting, but it's nothing worth threatening people over. Calmly criticize what you want to change, and be fair.
>>
File: Cheesy shigg.png (109 KB, 315x329) Image search: [Google]
Cheesy shigg.png
109 KB, 315x329
>>25564029
>It's not because I hate babies in media
>But it's just like any other baby-centric story in media

>UN-expected shenanigans
Please don't tell me you also rank episodes low if their stories are "predictable".

>ostracized by her friends. It's revealing of her traits, just as she acted them out in the episode. In the episode, she literally had her own imaginary party with inanimate objects
in a way that was visually portrayed to be semi psychotic.
That's a lot of projected interpretation from an overplayed gag. But let's say that was what they were going for; isn't that entirely defeated when Pinkie just suddenly gets better after finding out it wasn't because her friends didn't like her? Especially since there was nothing in the episode to say "sometimes friends just don't want to hang out" and it was entirely focused on just Pinkie going crazy, for the sake of the gag.
>>
>>25562787
>ignore all criticism

They only block the autistic hecklers though.
>>
>>25564153
Or they just don't talk at all.
>>
File: 23232525.png (153 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
23232525.png
153 KB, 500x469
>>25563403
>>25563416
>>
>>25564130
The beautiful thing is that we have seen that it works with some of the writers and especially with Big Jim. Being a jerk makes people not like you and not want to side with you.
>>
>>25564369
The only good part of Princess Spike was the calm response people had to it.
>>
File: 245246826.jpg (54 KB, 392x480) Image search: [Google]
245246826.jpg
54 KB, 392x480
>>25564394
>internal calmness
>>
>>25564140
>No, look see you just hate babies, that why you hate this episode.
The show Rugrats, from years ago, comes to my mind. It was about babies, but I didn't hate it outright. I though there were a lot of good episodes that got their humor and entertainment value
from the fantastical story-telling elements and unique perspective provided by the characters. There were a lot of really precious moments in that show, but that's not because the babies
just threw pudding at people and cried the whole time, which is what most of Baby Cakes was. It's one of they few shows that actually can manage to make babies interesting.

>You think predictability sucks.
I don't rank episodes low because they are predictable, but a predictable episode is going to have to try a lot harder to be funny and or entertaining.

>But Pinkie's problems went away as soon as her friends had her surprise party.
She may have suddenly become happy, but that doesn't change the fact that the episode showed that she has an overactive imagination, which is worsened by the absence of her friends.
>>
>>25564407
It was external calmness. People care a lot but they realized insults wouldn't change the show.
>>
>>25564424
>Rugrats
My nigga.
>>
>>25564394
People were sick of it, but actually wanted to make their complaints known so this could stop happening and then Big Jim said he would want to make changes for future seasons. When you don't act like rude idiots, you have a way better chance of things going your way.
>>
>hurr durr the actions of one person are representative of the entire group!!!!
>>
>>25564498
He didn't promise anything.
>>
>>25564602
iirc, he said he wants spike to grow older or something.
>>
>>25564614
Just an idea, too, late to happen
>>
>>25564624
Not true.
>>
>>25564654
With one year hiatus? Untrue absolutely.
Or story for the movie.
>>
>>25564424
Nice job providing an example where you cite the things you liked was besides the fact that it involved babies. Doesn't disprove a confirmation bias against them, that just means you liked a thing that happened.

>I don't rank predictability low
>But if it's predictable it has to try harder than episodes that aren't predictable
You are just full of contradiction, eh?

>She may have suddenly become happy, but that doesn't change the fact that the episode showed that she has an overactive imagination, which is worsened by the absence of her friends.
Which in turn doesn't change the fact that it went away immediately and had little bearing on the episode beyond being a drawn-out gag. The episode would have played out exactly the same if Pinkie didn't go crazy, if she was just worried she lost her friends and moped around in depression instead.
What you're doing here is saying "this gag worked and added deep intricate characterization because I liked it, but this other gag didn't work nor add anything to the character because I didn't like it".
>>
>>25564654
>>25564660
Nah. S6 was already written.
>>
>>25564660
It happened several months ago.
>>
>>25561989
>Actually caring about Spike
>>
>>25563379
Damn right, because most spikefags are short pieces of shit.
>>
>>25561989
Why is she getting attacked by autists? Dusedau is the objectively worst writer, so why are they bombarding Berrow instead of him?
>>
>>25564672
>I liked a thing and you didn't like a thing.
>You liked a thing but I didn't like a thing.

Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>25564797
Autists don't like grills
>>
>>25564797
Dusedau got more attacked and responded even worse.
>>
File: ponkshrug.png (165 KB, 826x855) Image search: [Google]
ponkshrug.png
165 KB, 826x855
>>25564804
The thing is I don't even dislike Party of One.
On-topic of this thread, however, I also disagree with the majority opinion that Spike is poorly written or mishandled in most cases. Some of the episodes that he's in, sure, but in most cases Spike as a character is one of the most consistent and realistically depicted as youthful and naive.
>>
>>25564919
>Realistically
There's that word again.
>>
>>25564950
I understand that it's a cartoon show, I however am not autistic enough to dismiss its ability to have some grounding in real life. But then I'm met with
>A cartoon is only good if its completely filled with fantastical elements exclusively
or
>This cartoon is a talking magical horse show, therefore there can be no reality equivalence in its lessons or stories
In other words; fuck your need for escapism, it is objectively not the only way to write a good story. There's a reason why genre fiction is often ostracized by literary elitists, because it's mostly style over substance for the sake of appealing to that fantastical escapism.
>>
>>25563543
>>25564330
>defending spike
>ever
this is whys spike and spikefags are pure cancer. spike should just be strangled with rope till blood comes pouring out of his eyes
>>
>>25562074
Do you want G.M. Berrow to be fired, Mr. Discover Family Manager?
>>
>>25565092
genre fiction is for fags just like escapism is. if it can't happen in real life, it's shit. science fiction and other genre fiction stories are garbage
>>
>>25565112
>He doesn't know about hard sci-fi
>He doesn't know about non ASB alternate history/counterfactual history approaches
>>
>>25565140
those are exceptions, but most sci-fi is for children like all genre fiction is. literary fiction is absolutely superior to genre fiction and what a mature adult like me reads.
>>
>>25565112
>if it can't happen in real life, it's shit
>if it can't happen, it's shit
>mfw FIM can't happen in real life.

Go shit up some other thread.
>>
>>25565155
>reading fiction for its own sake rather than the purpose of its greater context in the real world
>>
>>25565166
I'm talking about literature, not television or film. while fim can never be considered good because it lacks realism or anything else associated with literary genre, Its still enjoyable.
>>
>>25565194
>film lacks realism.
My bad. I took you seriously there for a moment.
>>
>>25565230
most film and television is genre literature, which low intelligent plebs watch such as capeshit or whatever the herd enjoys.
>>
>>25565245
What's the inherent value about stories that are realistic?
Are futuristic sci-fi stories realistic? How would you even know?
are you a wizard?
>>
The only thing worse than a spikefag is two anons complaining over wether or not a pinkie episode is good or not
>>
>>25565333
he's a /shit/
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.