[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On solid fuel and wires Turn the key and light the fires We’re
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 27
On solid fuel and wires
Turn the key and light the fires
We’re leaving Earth today
>>
>>25546219
But wait, I dont even go where we are going.
>>
File: 3a5[1].png (275 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3a5[1].png
275 KB, 500x500
>>25546219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPZTCrrPvYI
>>
File: 1406174190657.jpg (14 KB, 449x325) Image search: [Google]
1406174190657.jpg
14 KB, 449x325
>>25546219
>Saturn V
>solid fuel
>>
>>25546219
>Earth
>>
>>25546219
WHERE WAS I WHEN THE ROCKETS CAME TO LIFE
AND CARRIED YOU AWAY INTO THE ALLIGATOR SKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tY5RErnakc
>>
>>25546219
Streaming through the dark night's sky
In a rockets and through space I'd fly
For that dumb purple mare
>>
>>25546219
Someone likes Chris Hadfield.
>>
Equestria doesn't take place on Earth, or at least it would be highly implausible unless they seriously retconned the canonical understanding of the solar and scientific workings revolving around Equestria. Earth objectively orbits around our Sun (along with all of the other planets in the Solar System), while the astronomy in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is more akin to, say, a pre-Enlightenment understanding of astronomy where the Earth is the center of the universe and all of the planets and stars revolve around us (a quite revealing indication of our extreme narcissistic self-absorption as a species). Of course, in Equestria, it isn't a religious misinterpretation of scientific phenomenon but is an actual reality. Using magic (which I firmly believe, in the FiM universe, is actually the the ether that was proposed in the late 1800's-early 1900's as the propulsion mechanism for electromagnetic and gravitational forces), the Princesses manage to make the entire Universe (or at the very least the solar system) revolve AROUND Equestria in a magnificent display of extreme bending of the forces of physics to the will of anthropomorphized beings. Seeing as how this show was created by human beings, this is, quite obviously, just another display of the fanatic ego-centrism of human beings that we saw in the pre-Enlightenment, as ponies are an obvious stand-in for humanity.
>>
File: CMC Space Program.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CMC Space Program.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25546219
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueh-qFGHELA

The song OP is referring to is the first song to be made, recorded and such in space.

Also a joint song collab between people on Space and Earth.
>>
>>25546224
I think the spaceship knows which was to go.

Tell my wiafu I love her very much...
>>
We are going to Equestria boys. Only the best.
>>
>>25546219
/)
>>
File: feels_stargazing.jpg (374 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
feels_stargazing.jpg
374 KB, 1200x750
>>25546284
>tfw it only is the first song made partially in space because Challenger happened
>>
>>25546219
>Saturn V
>Solid Fuel

Also, Neil Armstrong thread? Neil Armstrong thread.
>>
oh god im trapped here. i just want to explore the stars is that to much too ask? this must be hell because i can see it all at night yet im trapped on this ball of rock fuck. we are all trapped on this mudball , forced to lead these lives because no one cares about space anymore
>>
File: qmogdup.jpg (231 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
qmogdup.jpg
231 KB, 1600x1200
>>25546219
>tfw ponies are in this very moment in the space station
>>
Everyone wanted to be an austronaut here, right?
>>
File: 4.jpg (269 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
269 KB, 1600x1201
>>25546419
Sunbutt too

>>25546416
>we are all trapped on this mudball , forced to lead these lives because no one cares about space anymore

Sadly true.
>>
>>25546422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAWT2LREAE

I didn't, but nowadays I do as a hindthought.
>>
File: Psv3vwl.jpg (128 KB, 1200x667) Image search: [Google]
Psv3vwl.jpg
128 KB, 1200x667
>>25546416
I know this feel.

>Tfw automatically disqualified to be an Astronaut
>>
File: dat_musk.jpg (21 KB, 245x326) Image search: [Google]
dat_musk.jpg
21 KB, 245x326
>>25546416
>because no one cares about space anymore
Sorry, what was that?

Elon pls save us
>>
File: stelon.jpg (562 KB, 1536x2308) Image search: [Google]
stelon.jpg
562 KB, 1536x2308
>>25546447

Hail Elon, Blessed art Thou who get us off this Rock and over to Mars...
>>
>>25546445
You and 99% of others, including me.
>>
File: musk_money.jpg (33 KB, 419x278) Image search: [Google]
musk_money.jpg
33 KB, 419x278
>>25546474
In Musk we trust.
>>
>>25546447
Pls save me mr.musk. i dont want to die here, i want to die out there watching a star go supernova
>>
File: moon_landing_mane6.png (1013 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
moon_landing_mane6.png
1013 KB, 1400x1000
>>
File: kerbal_lunar_landing.jpg (1 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
kerbal_lunar_landing.jpg
1 MB, 1600x800
>>25546485
https://vimeo.com/108650530
>>
File: image.png (673 KB, 1024x791) Image search: [Google]
image.png
673 KB, 1024x791
Biannual reminder: Do your part for space exploration, annoy the shit out of your Representitives/Senators/Ministers/Putin.
>>
File: logoredone.png (132 KB, 2100x3000) Image search: [Google]
logoredone.png
132 KB, 2100x3000
>>25546233
It's a Vienradzis IV-T rocket, it's using powder first stage because there's nothing better. I know, I own the corporation that builds these.

>>25546224
>>25546292
It's up to its pilot to decide which direction we should go.

>>25546445
Alright, I'm picking you as a crew member. You'll be the navigator.
>>
File: Anon in Space!.jpg (703 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Anon in Space!.jpg
703 KB, 1920x1200
>It had taken years of planning, deals with multinational sponsors, and government support but it finally paid off when project rocket-ass was realized.
>Ok, so the name was chosen when you and the guys were smashed.
>Donations started flying in once everyone got the news that another manned mission was going to be made to the moon.
>How did you fit into all this? Simple you were best friends with the guy who designed it. Different countries argued for their own astronauts to take your place, but your friend being a total bro said it was either you or nothing.
>So the rocket stages had almost every flag in the world painted on it. Another friend of yours took care of marketing, Fred Shekelstein, dude knew how to get money from politicians like he was a impressionable young female intern.
>You had to admit for someone who barely passed high school algebra you were going to the moon. Fuck you Mr. physics teacher, always told you you’d amount to nothing, who’s laughing now.
>And now you were only moments away from landing on the moon, you didn’t even have to do anything. The whole ship was completely automated, you literally had the shit scared out of you when the toilet said you needed to increase your fiber intake.
>As the vessel shook you sat strapped into your seat, the small window showing various bits of moon dust passing as you descended.
>The noise of the stabilizers told you were close to landing. The ships computer announced how close you were coming to the surface.
>”15 feet, glide slop 5 feet per second, on course and on target.”
>That’s pretty fast, and then you landed. You felt every bone in your body shake with the impact. Holy crap did that suck. The screens and everything else in the ship rattled against the bulkhead.
>Well at least you’re alive, and you don’t have to use the bathroom anymore.
>”Anon, Command Control to Anon, do you read?”
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ryd_p20XEU
>>
File: spacesucks.jpg (92 KB, 510x800) Image search: [Google]
spacesucks.jpg
92 KB, 510x800
>>25546573
>Pressing the button on the harness you got up from the seat. Ensuring your suit was all set you made your way to the airlock.
>Pressing the button on the wall you depressurized the compartment and opened the door.
>The last time man had stepped on the moon was over 46 years ago. The ingenuity it had taken then to bring those brave men here and back. Now you were about to go down in history as another who dared brave the journey.
>The door slid up slowly revealing the lunar surface, the rays of light from the sun reflecting from the fine moon dust that had settled on its surface for a millennia.
>”Hello there! What kind of creature are you?”
>Your eyes went to what looked like a horse with wings, and a horn.
“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
>Running back inside, you strapped yourself back into the seat and hit the emergency launch button.

>You’re name is Luna and wow it’s lonely here
>When that weird thing landed you hoped that you’d finally have some company. But it just screamed and got back in its weird machine and shot back into space.
“Didn’t even say goodbye.”

---
Wrote this a long time ago, made some corrections, hope you all enjoy.
>>
>>25546587
>made some corrections
>You're name is Luna
^:)

I like it.
>>
>>25546416
Shit needs to go commercial with air transport.

Hypersonic travel and hops into orbit might help to make it attractive as it reduces travel times by hours and boosts development of more economical and safe launch platforms.

But that's just me hoping for an old NASA paper to become reality.
>>
File: 1438697846904.jpg (94 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
1438697846904.jpg
94 KB, 500x257
>>25546416
>>
File: image.jpg (842 KB, 2000x1570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
842 KB, 2000x1570
>>25546627
X-33 flights When?
>>
>>25546659
When will we get back to this shit?

I'm big into the early days of aviation, where advancements were made each year. When the whole world was looking at it and pouring resources into it.

Same shit goes for the space race but after the Moon it just seems to have lost all momentum.

When will we get big contests about space? A race to the Moon and back to win the Lunar Trophy.

Ok but seriously this pioneer shit just sparks enthusiasm within me that makes me unable to understand how anyone could not be into it.
>>
>>25546743
We'll go back to the moon, and so will every other country with a working space program. But only after humanity begins utilizing nuclear fusion as a means of generating power.
>>
>no one posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6goNzXrmFs
>>
>>25546743
>makes me unable to understand how anyone could not be into it

White ppl be goin to dah moon while trayvon starve in jail, need mo money fo dem programs
>>
>>25546743
Google has a Moon race going with an MLP reference in one of the info videos, but you're right, it would be nice if there were more enthusiasm for space.

>>25546804
I did, see >>25546525.
>>
File: intersolar.jpg (69 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
intersolar.jpg
69 KB, 550x550
>>25546787
But Anon. I want to experience the golden age soon.
>>
File: Why HUE.png (175 KB, 438x499) Image search: [Google]
Why HUE.png
175 KB, 438x499
>>25546843
>mfw some of my friends went >hurr durr who cares about space give the money to the poor in Africa when Curiosity landed on Mars
>>
>>25546863
oh fug, well, I have the bad habit of not checking videos that are not from YouTube, sorry.
>>
>>25546891
Tell them that that argument isn't good because space tech has amazing spinoffs that make everyone's lives better. Show them the NASA Spinoff magazine if they don't believe you.
>>
>>25546843
I forgot worldly problems stand in the way of progress these days.

>>25546863
Yeah I heard about the google one a while ago. Good thing.

Just really into any of this because there is beauty to making these engineering marvels possible.
>>
>>25546891
I get it. But it makes me angry.
>>
>>25546787
Can't wait for 2019. And then 2027. And then 30 years for PROTO, and 20 years for DEMO, and another 20 for actual commercial plants. If this timeframe were actually realistic, fusion could happen around 2100, if it actually can be made work.

I don't want to give up hope.
>>
>>25546966
>I don't want to give up hope
None of us do.
>>
>>25546966
And that hope that will lead towards renewed interest in space travel. If were going to have nuclear fusion plants were going to need large quantities of helium-3, which the moon has large quantities of. So even with the hopeful speculation of true nuclear fusion within the next 100 years, space travel for the materials *should* begin within the next 40-60 years.

But that's my dream.
>>
File: PLUTON.png (157 KB, 1400x2600) Image search: [Google]
PLUTON.png
157 KB, 1400x2600
>>25546787
yes, that's what you need to achieve interstellar travel. anyways I'm glad ot introduce you the Merlod-Vienradzis type I for the Equestrian Aerospace. Aptly named HMS Pluton. It's taller than Canterlot Castle, and essentially tanks of fuel, making a controlled explosive fire on its bottle, throwing it subsequently on the direction : up"

>"brilliant exposé, have you decided of a crew yet for this ship, Miss Tiara?"
"Is it mandatory to have Twilight around?"
>"Princess Twilight Sparkle of Canterlot has the adequate role for this mission, you still need a pilot, a navigator, and a co-pilot."
>there's a panel of stallions from the Shadowbolts, Wonderbolts, Star Bronies standing on a line, each with a complete resume
"any scientist or true wiz.. Ah, That's you Twilight. You went to space already."
>Twilight:"Diamond... The crew."
"and you still won't tell me what this mission is about. Alright, you the black one with wings has everything we need from a pilot."
>some military unicorn is standing and yells
>general:"Shadowbolts Wing Commander Thunder Lane!"
"do you have to yell? it doesn't says he's deaf! Next. Okay, Rainbow Dash, do you kno-"
>General:"Wonderbolt Squadron Leader Rainbow Dash!"
>she's advancing too, with a big grin.
"i was just about to ask if you knew anything about space."
>RD:"I usually go up there for fun, kid."
"You, there, unicorn with black mane, your name just got a Q but your resume, astrophysics, string theory, chaotician, we won't go anywhere with just a magic unicorn, you're with us and that cannot be negociable"
>Q:"Miss Tiara, just call me Q."
"You're too cute Mr. Q. Let's go now!"
>Twilight:"I'm really taking part of the mission because I can't miss to see you to regret your last words on this world, filly."
"Ahm? You still won't tell me anything about the content of this super secret mission ok?"
>she's smiling
"Twilight..."
>Twilight:"You'll see."
>>
>>25547202
Maybe it's just me being tired, but this writing is confusing me.
>>
>>
>>25547202
>we're trotting out of the briefing room, and head towards the launchpad, from a distant point, a giant still collosseum is pointed at the sky.
>ponies are bringing us to a room where we're getting into an orange spacesuit
>>25547292
"I'm not very fluent with human english."
>"Oh..."
"And I just drank a glass of whiskey previously prior to the takeoff, you know, for the blood circulation."
>"I'm afraid I can't let you go aboard a space rocket if you drank alcohool"
"You're fired."
>we're climbing on a lift, trot on a gate and finally enter inside the monster of steel, taking place into our seats
>Q:"Is that your first time in space, Mister Thunderlane?"
>TL:"Affirmative Turbopump 1,2,3,4 heating, aux engines, this is Pluton to Mission Control, proceed to checklist."
>the last ponies are closing the doors behind us
>RD:"Presurization control OK, netcomm OK., payload, computer system all green"
>TL:"Reviewing checklist ground control"
"it's been checked for the last ten minutes, Thunder, come on make her scream!"
>they continue, as Twilight, in the center seat is acting like nothing
>TL:"okay. Booster, Retro. Guidance, Network"

>Rainbowdash is still using the "test" function to check if the ignition button really works.
>the ground control so far makes the computer decide if it's still preflight checklist where you can press any button on the cockpit without consequence
>take my console and override launch procedure
>press it again
"Six, pie, ten, nine, five, four, three, two, GO!"
>she stomps her hoof on the ignition button again
>the engines are roaring
>RD:"WHAT? When's the countdown ABORT!"
>Q:"About time..."
>Twilight:"What did you-"
>the power of the 12 turbocompressed engines pushing about a million horsepower throws up into our seats as the rocket is gaining altitude and speed
>RD:"We're going into space? For real? I just made this? Omigoshomigoshomigosh"
>>
>>25547307
I want to belive
>>
>>25546219
Solid fuel can't melt support beams
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.