[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questioning Hasbro's real legal power, with possible, unconfirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: MAARKS.jpg (127 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
MAARKS.jpg
127 KB, 1024x1024
Questioning Hasbro's real legal power, with possible, unconfirmed yet scoop.

I've had a short conversation with an animator (Who is featured the credits) and she confirmed that the final design of the cutie mark crusaders, [Applebloom. Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle] have been indeed re-designed as an emergency.

The original cutie marks were supposed to be directly adapted from G3 MLP series and toys.
They did made the change AFTER two episodes were completed, rendered with the final cutie marks and the reason given for editing them all:

Copyright reasons! Against Hasbro's previous generation and mostly, you won't believe it - Fan artists! People who drew various adult CMCs with their original cutie marks, re-designed, and inevitably these people's art ARE protected by copyright.

Do you follow? Because at this point I'm lost and I'll need a lawyer to remind me some things.

Hasbro prefers to give up using a design they had copyrighted ten years ago, by fear of having some Deviantart artist suing Hasbro, for copyright infringement! Because the G4 trademarks are different or some shit., They protected themselves and their intellectual property by changing the final design, against the advice of the character designers and DHX staff, and requested these seamless cutie marks which are completely different from what they were supposed to be, disregarded completely the guidelines from the Faust's Bible.

This is fucking retarded, or I don't have the same reasoning as their lawyers.

(Regardless, I gave her my resume, wish me good luck.)
>>
>>25536225
>disregarded completely the guidelines from the Faust's Bible
Bullshit, she never specified marks for them.
>>
>>25536225
Provide proof for your claim.
>>
>>25536246
Nah this part is what I get from it, but if she had any, would be either none or previous one,
an heart-shaped apple, a butterfly for scootaloo, and a heart with a music note for sweetie.

>>25536251
how?
>>
>>25536225
Even if it's not true, I kinda feared it at some point.
they indeed look like shit
>>
File: 1448006155776.gif (1 MB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
1448006155776.gif
1 MB, 638x358
>>25536225
>shit that never happened: The post
>>
Yes, it's very likely. CMS are. Copyrighted designs.
I could explain but if you design à logo that Looks like a big corp's new one, even for fun you hold it's copyright.
>legal dept prefers to be the attacker's rather than being attacked
>must keep a perfectly clean case
>avoid all kind of troible, the insignifiant ones will get you in big ones.
>big companies have insurances for lawsuits
>renewing trademarks
>FiM is a new brand actually,Not a previous generations continuity.
>>
Why would an animator, credited or otherwise, have any insight into such an esoteric legal issue?

Given how long it takes for episodes to get to the animation stage, I find it hard to believe this wasn't addressed in the writing or boarding stages.
>>
>>25536225
Not a lawyer but I know paperwork. If you still want to know more and why it's not retarded, I'll explain when I get back home.
>>
>>25536366
Maybe when the episode gets reviewed by >nofun types of people, and shout "No, fuck that, edit this part or you're fired!"

Google time!
>>
>>25536407
>"No, fuck that, edit this part or you're fired!"
considering animators only animate what they're told, that doesn't even make sense.

Someone had to board the cutie mark reveal well beforehand, and aside from BG pone, the boarders aren't given all that much freedom. Certainly not enough to affect the CMC with no oversight.

Hasbro wouldn't fuck up this badly.
>>
>>25536366
I know for a fact AKR didn't know what the marks would look like, she had to leave it up to the design team.
>>
File: CelestiaJesus.jpg (38 KB, 600x278) Image search: [Google]
CelestiaJesus.jpg
38 KB, 600x278
>>25536366
I really have no idea. Could be BS but she told me they had that a while ago, and confirms that the designs had to get botched, and are not even merged at all on the pony. No idea what it means since I'm not really into Flash, but Photoshop. AI, etc.
I asked first how it's like to work on a pony show, with the staff and Hasbro so that's the answer I got. We didn't talk about Derpy or any spoilers.

I can just confirm this pissed the animators since the big part was essentially made in Indonesia and did the best with what they had.
I shit you not, they have a production unit for some scenes and designs based in Indonesia. I'm gonna check that.
>>
>>25536464
Which would still be well before the animation stage, if not before even the writing stage.

This ain't Japan, we can't kill our animators trying to fix something s few days before air.
>>
>>25536332
are you French, sir?
>>
>>25536486
Not a few days but months, they have monster rigs machines for rendering the videos and combine them all in Avid and all the Adobe stuff, they're mid-2000 machines but gets the job done, and so far it's much more impressive than I've imagined.
It's the same principle, but nothing compared to making a flash cartoon when you got a network and everything controlled.
how do they still have animation errors? the border of the screen often lacks of having enough bleed.
On Flash, it's like there's a static camera with puppets hiding off the camera field, some elements are not attached to the ponies and disappears.

>>25536532
I speak french, and might be moving to Canada soon.
>>
>>25536484
Show is made in the Phillippines, not Indonesia. You fucked up, Anon.
>>
Too fucking late
>>
>>25536572
Was trying to remember, India, no, Thailand, Philippines, China? no the other one, fuck. You're right.

>>25536578
So, let's extrapolate.
>Hasbro used to have these previous generation under their copyright, ok.
>Hasbro develops a new generation
>Does not want to be accused of copyright violation or need to make something new (they might also fear it's being immediately copied by some fake Chinese pony toys)
>Brings up something completely different at the last moment, as the staff was sure they were done with the rest of the episodes.
I just don't get their logic, it's not like an artist would sue Hasbro for reusing an old design, but the scarier thought is "Hasbro lawyers consider the fact artists used old cutie marks for the ponies." - My brain hurts.
>>
>>25536630
>it's not like an artist would sue Hasbro for reusing an old design
>who are deviantart users

you have no idea
>>
>>25536578
They could have had simply added those symbols to the shield, but for some reason only Applebloom did that.
>>
>>25536225
>I've had a short conversation with an animator
Suuure.
>>
>>25536661
I'm considering myself as one, even though I hate Hasbro's politics on attacking indy fanartists, I don't think something like that would even happen.
I'm still going to keep with the idea that it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>25536225
6/10 bait thread OP.
>>
>>25536681
Can test him.

>>25536630
Qui t'a raconte ça, Anon? Balance un nom.
Est-ce qu'elle baise?
>>
>>25536715
>french

le get the le fuck le out
>>
>>25536715
Non, rien.

Believe what you want. They're hiring a new layout designer and I jumped on the opportunity. that's the essential, who knows, if I'm lucky, I could really help Equestria become great again!
>>
>>25536225
This is now how copyright works. You're so full of shit.
>>
>>25536804
This. OP might be legit, even certainly.
But thanks for wasting your only question on something so irrelevant!

Cunt.
>>
>>25536225
These marks clearly had a lot of thought put into them and were handled extremely well and those other designs wouldn't have made any goddamn sense for them. Even if what you said was true, which is obviously fucking isn't, nobody should be upset by it and think "oh man I sure wish they stuck with those generic nonsense marks instead of the ones that highlight major personality traits while also solidifying their bond. Damn you Hasbro!".
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.