[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of cars would the characters drive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20150718_105517_412.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150718_105517_412.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
What kind of cars would the characters drive?
>>
>Twilight
Something plain and practical like a Toyota Camry
>AJ
A full size truck of some sort
>FS
Prius cuz muh environment and she could fit her animals in it
>R
Mercedes
>>
>>25533458
Would Pinkie Drive a Daihatsu Copen?
Its a bit sporty, but also fun.

Maybe RD would drive a sporty BMW.
BMW drivers are asshats like RD, but are quick cars like RD flies fast
>>
>>25533042
>TS
Toyota Camry (Becomes a Lexus LFA after wings)
>AJ
Ford F-150
>R
Mercedes S-class
>FS
Toyota Prius
>RD
Shelby Super Snake
>PP
Renault Twingo in pink
>>
>>25533042
Ponies don't drive cars.
>>
>>25533535
>ponies don't drive cars
>they are civilized creatures who get drivers
Anon the chauffeur when
>>
>>25533535
>Ponies don't drive cars.
But they would if anon introduced them tio Equestria.
>>
>>25533559
Well, if they came to Earth, then they'd definitely need chauffeurs, since they shape of their body renders them incapable of operating cars themselves.
>>25533569
Why? They seem to be moving around just fine without cars. They have trains for long-distant shit and carriages for fancy shit. Other than that, walking/flying doesn't seem like it'd be a problem for them.
>>
>>25533615
anon maybe is the only driver because he managed to bring a car to equestria?
>>
>>25533626
Green of tired anon being pestered by ponies to be his chauffeur when?
>>
>>25533615
>be 1900
>Humans seem to be moving around just fine without horseless carriages. They have trains for long-distant shit and carriages for fancy shit. Other than that, walking doesn't seem like it'd be a problem for them.
>>
File: Le happy griffon.gif (25 KB, 504x566) Image search: [Google]
Le happy griffon.gif
25 KB, 504x566
>>25533653
Well, I'm just going on the assumption that ponies aren't going to become indentured servants from birth and have to commute to a job they hate to make money for some griffon so they can pay another griffon rent. All while zebras huff potions all day and get free bits from the princesses because a bunch of griffons instilled pony-guilt into the populous and made them enact a bunch of restrictive laws to enforce the system of slavery.

Though, that's just my hunch.
>>
>>25533693
Why do automobiles automatically mean a progression into modern American society?
>>
>>25533714
Automobiles take quite a bit of work to make and why would anypony bother to buy such an expensive product just to have?
>>
>>25533729
freedom to move quickly without effort and not being restricted to trains
>>
>>25533714
>>25533729
Oh and I just realized I really skimmed over the point I was making. Pretty much everyone just has a car so they can commute to work. If you didn't have a job, why would you pay for a car/maintenance/fuel instead of just walking or take the train if you need to go far?
>>25533736
Why would they be in such a hurry on a regular basis to justify an incredibly expensive purchase? What's wrong with walking? Or you know that 1/3rd of the pony population fucking flies, right?
The entire reason humans have this "gogogo" mindset is so we can be better slaves.
>>
>>25533757
if one pony begins using an automobile to get better pay by either getting a farther away job, or transporting products, then others will follow suit to level the playing field in the market.
>>
>>25533785
Why wouldn't said pony just move to where the better job is? Why would they need to transport products with cars when there's plenty of Earth ponies willing to haul carts? Not to mention teleportation spells if something extra important needs to be expedited.
>>
>>25533800
1. teleportation isn't a common ability at all
2. flying long distances, and takes a lot more effort
3. working in bad neighborhoods is much easier if you don't have to live in it. you also aren't locked into a certain employer based on where you live (boom towns had this issue)
4. maybe the cart haulers would prefer driving, you think they enjoy it?
>>
This thread got derailed quickly
>>
>>25533818
>Implying there are bad neighborhoods in equestria
That's the point. All ponies do their work near home because home is nice everywhere.

Flim and flam had a car
Trixie had a cart
Ponies use the train
Celestia has a flying cart

A car seems stupid when 1/3 the population can fly. They live in a much more progressive society where few ponies are traveling workers. It's more likely they would need cars for work more then pleasure as in on farms. Like a tractor
>>
>>25533938
>A car seems stupid when 1/3 the population can fly
Fluttershy can't carry things well while flying, balloon travel is just a silly idea. too inaccurate.

also what If I told you 1/3 of the human population don't live near a large body of water? should boats not exist?
>>
>>25533938
>econony dominated by cottage industries
>progressive
I don't endorse unregulated multi-billion dollar businesses run by ultra rich CEOs who have no regard for lesser employees but large scale companies are the future.
>>
>>25533974
They have magic, what is there to be accurate? and what if I told you 1/3 the population didn't live on the ground? Again, cars would be in less demand. The fact that Flim and flam have one but no one else does shows that.
>>
>>25533518
Almost perfect.

>Raraaa
You'd think Mercedes of the bat, but there's nothing that really makes them stand out from anyother luxury car. And that's not her deal.

Maserati and Rolls maybe. She's a tough one.
>>
Guys what do you think about breezies, how hard they would get rekt, then instead of magical wind from pegasi, they would face grey smoke of deadly toxin from cars? Will it take them on "magical" path to the hippie land, or immediately to shadowlands?
>>
>>25533998
less in demand=/=not useful to the majority population
that's why I used the boat analogy. those people don't need it for themselves, but others might. Even those who don't directly use it could benefit from the infrastructure the vehicle provides. Flim and Flam are in such an early era of automobile that it's unfair to expect any pony to want to deal with such a monster. We said the same things about cars back in the day
>they're too loud
>too hard to maintain
>too expensive
and even
>too fast to be safe
>A bicycle cop by the last name of Schuessler was on duty when he noticed such a car speeding down Lexington Avenue at breakneck speed. Schuessler sped up slightly on his bicycle to catch the culprit, then easily pulled him over to reprimand him. German had been driving a shocking 12 mph, significantly faster than the posted speed limit of 8 mph for straightaways and 4 mph around curves. For his reckless driving, German was thrown in jail at the East 22nd Street station house.
does it defeat the concept, though? no, they will just refine the formula more. See also: Air travel
>>
>>25534475
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xClvH9Ni-RI
>>
bumb so the thread doesn't die while I sleep
>>
File: accord_xd.jpg (229 KB, 2484x1279) Image search: [Google]
accord_xd.jpg
229 KB, 2484x1279
Depends on if we are talking realistic, or much more idealized cars.

For
>Realistic:

>Twilight
Some modern, functional car. Sedan or crossover. My mind keeps thinking Japanese
Like a Nissan, Scion, or Toyota

>Rarity
Either a modern luxury-class car, doesn't have to be expensive, just look and feel nice. What shit does she know about performance?
So a Cadillac or Lexus or Mercedes, and maybe even lower-class luxury cars like Mercuries.

>Applejack
Obviously a pickup truck of some sort for hard work
Dodge, Ford, Chevy, or other, it doesn't matter.

>Fluttershy
Something practical, and roomy (for her animals) but not something she'd drop a lot of money on. Nothing flashy unless it's a gift.
A decent 10+ year old car that gets her A to B just fine. She wouldn't care but for safety.
I'd picture her in anything from a Pontiac Aztec SUV to an old Volvo v70 station wagon.
Generic van or minivan, alright. Maybe a Jeep.
>>
File: mustang_xd.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mustang_xd.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>25535948

>Rainbow
Rainbow is obviously going to have fun here. She'd definitly pick a sweet ride to show off in.
She COULD or COULDN'T know anything about cars, but she'd get something that is sports status. Something "fast" and "cool".
She's the stereotypical Mustang driver to me, honestly. But she could actually be good at driving. She'd never get in a huge accident for recklessness, but she'd certainly get pulled over often for having too much fun.

But hey, she also strikes me as one who would have some really crappy hand-me-down from her parents that she'd absolutely HATE to drive, and feel insecure about, but definitely fucking learn to pound that thing good, and actually grow on it. She'll like her little 1990 Chevy Cavalier, and learn how to make it better by dropping some necessary cash here and there.
I can dig Dashie's little sleeper.

>Pinkie
Pinkie would drive any modern practical car that has some personality to it.
And she'd blast her silly music to sing along to.
She could drive a Volkswagen Beatle, or a cutesie hatchback of some other sort.

But she too might end up making due with any hand-me-down car from her parents though.
I see she would really invest in other things besides cars until its really the time that she finds one herself and only then starts thinking about having fun with it.
>>
File: latest[1].png (792 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
792 KB, 1920x1080
There's only one car Twilight will ride.
>>
File: fiesta_means_party_xd.jpg (195 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
fiesta_means_party_xd.jpg
195 KB, 1024x768
>>25535952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9x74SlY1ik

For
>Idealized:

>TS
Again, a modern, practical car or suv, but the best of the best.

>Rarity
Something like a Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, Maserati, Mercedes still,

>AJ
Holy shit, I would so go over to AJs so she can take her sick 60s/70s muscle car out for a spin, and teach me how to drive fucking stick.
She could drive any awesome muscle car like a Dodge Challenger, Charger, old Ford Mustang, or Chevy Chevelles, Camaros, Impalas, Novas, and then we have Buicks, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles. The list of sweet old, traditional "classic" rides can go on.
Fucking barn finds.

Though, I really want to say that I totally see AJ in an El Camino.

>FL
The best and most safe, and of course, environment friendly car there can be.
She can drive a hybrid like a Prius or a Chevy Volt, sure, but she can drive a fucking Tesla if she wanted to.

>RD
Fucking rare and fast supercars. What else?
Be it Lamborghinis, McLarens, or Porches, or Lamborghinis, or Ferraris, or Lamborghinis.

>PP
I really would love to say she would own awesomeness that is the Meyers Manx or a swingin '50s car like a Bel Air, but again, I picture her in a modern, practical hatchback.
The best of the best, because she has money.
And I expect her to fit it with some ridiculous modifications to suit her silly antics.
She'd fit a full party canon and emergency party set up supplies in the back.
Colors. Lots of them. Big and bright, and messy too.
A safe-seat for Gummy.
>>
>>25533042
>Twilight
Smart Car

>Fluttershy
Geo Metro

>Pinkie Pie
VW Panel Van

>Applejack
old Ford F-100

>Rainbow
Riced Honda Civic

>Rarity
1959 Eldorado Convertible
>>
>Twiggy
VW Touran
>Ponk
VW Polo
>Dashie
VW Golf
>Fluttershy
VW Tiguan
>Applejack
VW Crafter Kastenwagon
>Rarity
VW CC
>>
>>25536059
>Luna
Lexus 2 door

>Celestia
Ford Pinto

>Cadance
Land Cruiser
>>
File: top cunt 1.gif (58 KB, 474x511) Image search: [Google]
top cunt 1.gif
58 KB, 474x511
>>25533479
RD is top cunt
>>
File: TG 01 Box.jpg (79 KB, 709x477) Image search: [Google]
TG 01 Box.jpg
79 KB, 709x477
>>25536160
>>
>>25536059
I can't see any of these. I wouldn't rule out AJ driving a Toyota.
>>25536140
Always imagined Celestia driving a Dodge Aspen
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.