[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Twilight Sparkle was the main character of her own show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: 425563563.png (69 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
425563563.png
69 KB, 225x224
Remember when Twilight Sparkle was the main character of her own show?
>>
>>25526328
Remember when remembering remembering was a memorable remembrance?
>>
>>25526328
Remember when generals wasn't a thing?
>>
>>25526328
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>25526328
>HIS
>>
File: 1366776891160.png (2 MB, 1545x2000) Image search: [Google]
1366776891160.png
2 MB, 1545x2000
>come back here after 2 years of not watching mlp
>literally all fetish shit
>reason i left in the first place was exactly that reason

Why did the autists have to ruin everything good on the internet?

Did the show ever recover after EQG?
>>
>>25526359
Should've stayed gone, faggot. Also, no theres talks of a 4th eqg movie and possible spin off.
>>
>>25526359
The show was never affected, as far as the plot is concerned. Well, aside from the one Flash appearance, which didn't mean anything.

This board never recovered, though. And it never will, unless Eqg is banned or severely restricted.
>>
>>25526354
is fixed now
>>
>>25526359
Don't tell me some shitty autistic fanbase is one of the reasons you stopped watching, because that's just stupid.
But to answer your last question; yes it did. S4 is the recovery season after the mess that S3 was and S5 is actually really great. I've seen a lot people claiming S5 to be their new favourite season.
>>
>>25526444
I can sort of agree with this.

I never got over Twilicorn and The Playset Castle, though. Literally every single time one of the is on the scene or even mentioned, my mood and general enjoyment drops. I really want and hope Twilight does lose her wings AND the princess status in the finale FOR GOOD, but I know it won't happen.
>>
>>25526472
I disagree about the Twilicorn part (not the castle though). To quote what another anon said yesterday, because I'm not able to write down my thoughts on this topic as good as he did:

"I think her character development is pretty interesting. From a constantly overreacting asocial shut-in bookworm to a calmer, more reasonable bookworm having found happiness in friendship while still keeping the traits of her old self, but less pronounced (She still freaks out and is a control freak and still has to learn about friendship or that the scientific method doesn't always work on friendship issues).
Yes, her personality is different, but it is an evolution of her character. She's still Twilight.

I think it's pretty great that a kid's show actually does meaningful character development for it's main characters, where they actually learn from their lessons (mostly) and evolve with time.

I like all Twilights equally well. Constantly sarcastic and clueless Twilight was great, but calm and collected, yet still calculating and excitable Twilight is great too (and Twilight in denial about her feelings in What about Discord was amazing too, we didn't have that before at all, except maybe Feeling Pinkie Keen)."
"One thing I do miss a bit about Twilight is the sarcasm. While it can also be explained through character development, I feel that they should use it more often since it's not really something you'd simply lose. Also worth noting for this and the rest I mentioned is that all these developments have been taking place gradually over all seasons. Twilicorn shitposters like to imply that Twilight's character changed radically with MMC, but that isn't really true. MMC did add the "I'm a princess, what do I do?" trait to her character, but beyond that, many of the aforementioned changes had already started. I think a part of why this is such an issue is that S4 barely ever focused on Twilight outside of two-parters, which are hardly useful for character development."
>>
>>25526328
No.
>>
>>25526609
I don't really have an argument for why Twilicorn is bad, not after all the counter-shitposters started spewing their shit all over the place.

For me, she just feels off. I can't place it, can't put my finger on it and say "this is what exactly I think is objectively wrong about her character post-MMC". All I can really say is that I don't like her anymore, and that I'd start liking her again if the finale turns out the way I said I hope it does.
>>
>>25526328
Yes. The first two episodes really were good. The third episode was good as well.

I'm glad that they expanded, though.
>>
>>25526692
Fair enough, eventually it's each to their own whether you like something or not. All I could say is that I would personally find it really weird if they redconned the wings after all. Unless it happens at the end of the series (or movie) as some heroic sacrifice, it wouldn't be right if they did it now. First shocking us with this status quo change and than change it back just when both us, the audience, as the character herself get use to it
>>
File: hoof stamping.webm (594 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hoof stamping.webm
594 KB, 1280x720
>>25526692
That makes her sad
>>
File: ohw.png (86 KB, 248x473) Image search: [Google]
ohw.png
86 KB, 248x473
>>25526328
>>
>>25526328
Do you mean next Saturday?
>>
File: Twilight mad.png (1011 KB, 7511x6000) Image search: [Google]
Twilight mad.png
1011 KB, 7511x6000
>>25527659
Come on! You have to know who Twilight is!
>>
File: who.png (205 KB, 1280x1298) Image search: [Google]
who.png
205 KB, 1280x1298
>>25527659
WHO?
>>
File: WHOOOOOOOOOO.png (94 KB, 860x546) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOOOOOOOO.png
94 KB, 860x546
>>25527690
Who?
>>
I want to punch that owl in the face
>>
File: ohwwwwwwww.png (91 KB, 848x525) Image search: [Google]
ohwwwwwwww.png
91 KB, 848x525
>>25527830
who?
>>
>>25526328
Yeah, I too remember when the show was called "Twilight: Friendship is Magic"
>>
File: 1443509773845.gif (1007 KB, 662x992) Image search: [Google]
1443509773845.gif
1007 KB, 662x992
>>25526609
>One thing I do miss a bit about Twilight is the sarcasm.
"No, no, if the map wanted me to go to the coolest kingdom in all of Equestria and tour the palace and see the actual idol that unites an entire species, which would be super amazing, I'm sure it would've said so. You two can handle whatever the issue is just fine. I'll stay here and do important princessy things. I guess."

I'm glad that she's got a bit of her bite back, unlike in S4.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.