[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everfree Outpost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: 2015-11-22-new-ui-merged.png (92 KB, 1918x1198) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22-new-ui-merged.png
92 KB, 1918x1198
I'm making a game about ponies getting lost in the woods.

http://play.everfree-outpost.com/

How to play:
>Use arrow keys to move, hold Shift to run
>Press Enter to type in the chat
>Press A to interact with objects such as trees, rocks, and anvils
>Press E to open inventory and assign items to the hotbar with 1-9. Press D in game to use the currently selected item.
>Use an anvil to craft items from raw materials. There is an anvil at spawn for getting started.
>Type /help to see a list of chat commands. Use /spawn if you get stuck.

The eventual goal is for this to play sort of like a cross between Minecraft and Golden Sun. It will be based partly on crafting and building things to expand the town, and partly on exploring the forest and solving Golden Sun-style puzzle-based dungeons for rare items and crafting materials.

This week: New in-game UI! See pic for a preview.
Most stuff has been converted to the new style already. This was a fairly extensive change, so please let me know if anything seems broken.
>>
Server crashed for a bit due to a bug with the new inventory system. It should be working properly now.
>>
What job do you have OP? I know some jobs which let you work just 2 days every week and in those days you also have computer internet access. Become a laidback guard for a storaging company.
>>
What job do you have OP? I know some jobs which let you work just 2 days every week and in those days you also have computer internet access. Become a laidback guard for a storaging company.
Or manage servers. You stay there and do nothing until something breaks.

But you could open up a Patreon or Indiegogo to get some cash to support yourself and your hobbies.
>>
>>25516843
this is neat. are you working on it or is it "done"?
>>
>>25516843
The new inventory system seems to be broken as we are unable to craft items
>>
>>25517569
Still working on it

>>25517671
I tried it just now and it looks like it's working. Note that it doesn't use Minecraft-style crafting - instead you select a recipe on the left and press A to craft. Also, if your entire inventory is full of stuff, there won't be space for it to put the newly crafted item (so nothing will happen).
>>
File: no crafting.png (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
no crafting.png
312 KB, 1920x1080
>>25517732
still nothing
>>
>>25517762
I uploaded a fix, it should be working now.
>>
File: 1441337546892.png (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441337546892.png
149 KB, 640x480
>>25517843
Yup, works fine.
A bit clunky but fine.
>>
DWI
>>
>>25516843
So, yeah. I forgot this game existed
>>
>>25516843
>switched from Windows 7 to 8.1
>same hardware
>:0:0: uncaught exception: missing extension: WEBGL_depth_texture
>updated drivers
>no effect
JUST
>>
>>25519336
update browser then?
>>
>>25519375
Did it, it's Firefox. Tried on Chrome, same effect.
>>
bump
>>
>>25519952
Bloody hell, how many blue unicorns are out there?
>>
File: miim.png (17 KB, 336x324) Image search: [Google]
miim.png
17 KB, 336x324
Long pony is long
>>
File: ima.png (8 KB, 186x245) Image search: [Google]
ima.png
8 KB, 186x245
>>25520452
Kek
>>
Zoom is normal.
Just messed with the window size
>>
File: Everfree Outpost.png (38 KB, 770x622) Image search: [Google]
Everfree Outpost.png
38 KB, 770x622
>>25521667
Now this looks like a gameboy
>>
>>25521746
fun
>>
>>25521667
Looks like every single indie retro puzzle game ever
>>
boop
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.