[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we all agree that season has pretty much shit on the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: My thoughts.gif (119 KB, 383x288) Image search: [Google]
My thoughts.gif
119 KB, 383x288
So can we all agree that season has pretty much shit on the last two combined?
>>
>>25513905
season 5*

I'm retarded, sorry.
>>
>>25513905
Nah, it's a mediocre season on par with S4.
>>
>>25513905
Yep

If the finale turns out to be top tier, this will be hands down the best season ever.

>inb4 le hasdrone maymay
>inb4 muh Faust

You know is true.
>>
>>25514060

I've definitely enjoyed it as much or more than season 2. Might have something to do with me not being as invested in the show as I was a few years ago and having lower expectations but yeah.
>>
>>25513905
fuck you OP its in my head now
>>
>>25513905
nope
>>
>>25513905
shit motherfucker ass tits cunt cock motherfucker shit ass tits motherfucker shit come on
>>
>>25514060
>inb4ing your own post
Trying to incorrectly preempt an expected response does not invalidate said response. Of course, if you weren't such a newfag, you'd know that.
>>
>>25514060
Mos def.
Its been pretty great up til now, I dont want the train to stop!
That wait might kill me
>>
>>25514201
Tiddlygluck
Tiddlygluck
Tiddlygluck
Tiddlygluck
Tiddlygluck-gluck-gluck-gluck-gluck-gluck-gluck-gluck-gluck
>>
>>25513919
If you didn't quit with Season 3 and then thought Season 4 was lackluster why did you even stick around for S5?
>>
So it would be:
S5=S2>S1>S4
>>
>>25513905
It's good, very good, but not *that* good.
>>
File: 1445488180007.jpg (47 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1445488180007.jpg
47 KB, 500x453
>>25514372
>no S3
>>
>>25514393
S3 is so bad it might as well not be considered.
>>
>>25514393
There is no third season.
>>
>>25513905
It's slightly better than S4 and about as good as S2. Everything is better than S3.
>>
>>25514411
>>25514421
>>25514393

Name me a bad episode from that season that isn't MMC or SAYS and explain why.

That season gets unduly shat on just because of butthurt wingfags.
>>
>>25514060
>twilicorn
>castle
>better than season 2
Where do you lie on the autism spectrum?
>>
>>25514846

That season tries so hard to be epic and memorable and fails so miserably that most people remembers it as fucking shit although it isn't that bad.
>>
>>25514846

I don't dislike any one particular season but season 3 was definitely my least favourite. Seasons 2 and 4 had great episodes interspersed with some meh and downright terrible ones, but season 5 has been consistent as hell.
>>
File: 1317779867204.jpg (10 KB, 320x322) Image search: [Google]
1317779867204.jpg
10 KB, 320x322
>>25514846
>>25514879
>mfw I can't remember any S3 episodes except MMC

I think Flim Flam brothers was S3? It was pretty bad too.
>>
>>25514846
They were boring and thefore pretty fogettable.
The only one I remember because I like is Sleepless in Ponyville.
>>
>>25514846
crystal empire was shit
too many pinks had a shit resolution
babs seed was generic bullying shit
apple family reunion was shit
games ponies play was utter shit
given the two mentioned before those are 7 episode more than half of the fucking season

also, its not all because of shit episodes, S3 lacked any real GOAT ones besides sleepless in ponyville
>>
>>25514206
>I have nothing to say so here's some buzzwords
>>
>>25515011

That and Pinkie got flanderised to biblical proportions, same as in season 4. She's better with this new director now, whatever his name is.
>>
>>25515048
not to mention rarity was a complete bitch in S3
if one third of your main cast is badly written in this season you know its a bad one
>>
>>25514846
>Every episode has to be bad for the season to be the worst

The trouble is, apart from the eps you mentioned and the premiere, so much of it was just unremarkable.

Every other season has had a good fraction episodes I've wicked enjoyed on first viewing, whatever other shit picks they might have had. In S3, everything after Magic Duel just felt like filler to me until MMC, which I have the same opinions on as everyone.

Looking at the list of S3 episodes on Wikipedia, I can't even remember how most of them went. S3 made me learn to expect to be disappointed with the show. Took me until S5 to warm back up to Pony and enjoy S4 only on a second viewing.

Oh, and then Hasbro did fuckin' EQG. S3 had turned out to be a big buildup to the reveal that people had been prophecying since the S2 finale: Hasbro had only been keeping their hands off of the new version of the IP to let it germinate. They were now going to meddle with it however they like. (That's unless you believe that Meghan had as much agency these decisions as she's claimed, in which case I can only say the show under her leadership has stayed OK but done some really banal shit.)

It's the reason I'm even now dreading the S5 finale instead of getting excited for it. There's no way in hell anymore that a finale won't be pushing a new product, one that might permanently remain as an eyesore in the show, instead of doing something purely for story/character development.

>>25514950
>not liking SSCS6K
That episode was fucking stellar. One of the best in S2. You're nuts.
>>
>>25515011
> and explain why
>"it was shit"

I honestly don't know what else I was expecting.
>>
>>25515137
Almost no part of the episode made any sense though. The FF brothers can increase the Apple farm's productivity, but they turn it down. Then, they wager their farm on a cider making contest. Why? Then the FF brothers let the Apples triple their workers when the FF brother have bank to make monopolizing the Apple's cider sales. It's written off as arrogance, but the FF brothers are portrayed as ruthless salesmen, why the hell would they take that risk? And the moral of the story is "Fuck technology" I guess? Unless we watched different episodes, it was pretty bad..
>>
>>25515200
thats S2 bro
>>
>>25515208
See >>25514950

I can't name any S3 episodes off the top of my head aside from MMC then.
>>
>>25515137
>using the word filler as a criticism in an episodic slice of life show
>even if it wasn't episodic you'd still be wrong

After Magic Duel we had:
Sleepless in Ponyville: Scootaloo finally gets recognized by RD after being a raging fanboy the last 2 seasons.
Wonderbolts Academy: RD finally takes a step forward in realizing her lifelong goal.
Keep Calm and Flutter On: Brought back Discord who played a big role in S4's premiere and finale.
Just for Sidekicks and Games Ponies Play: both set up the Equestria Games.
Magical Mystery Cure: No explanation needed.
>>
>>25515137
It also gave us this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOuNX2azWRQ
>>
>>25515145
sheesh ok then
crystal empire: weak villain, unimaginative city that was no fun to explore, mane 5 relegated to distractions in the first to parter that was indeed "twilight saves the day while her friends are useless" complete with two songs about how perfect she is, butt fuck retarded resolution (wife throwing saves the day), moral and test were how twilight needs to not do anything by herself (by having spike take the credit) which was fucking dumb given that was she learned in the very first ep AND she indeed did everything by herself 90% of the way, cue song about how great she is

babs seed: episode was really boring and by the numbers, babs seeds motivation for being a bully was obvious from the get go and leaves this shit moral about how bullies wanted to be your friends all along

apple family reunion: AJ acts like a retard by making everyone overwork themselves, she fixes the problem by making everyone work more

games ponies play: holy shit, this episode was just the worst, every single character had their retard hat on that morning, the mane 6 trying to impress the obviously fake judge (and badly at that to make it worse), the fake judge not noticing anything strange, ms harshwhiny giving the crystal empire the job after treating her like shit in one if not the most saccharine, bullshit resolution in the entire fucking show (lol I heard an honest opinion)
>>
>>25514871
You're the one who's still pissing and moaning about twilicorn.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.