[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know that everyone here is as much a fan of the show now as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
I know that everyone here is as much a fan of the show now as they were in the first season, when you started watching in 2010, that nobody wants the show to end, because we want to keep getting new adventures with ponies, but isn't it time to admit to ourselves that even though we don't know yet for sure that S6 will be the last season, wouldn't it be best if it was?

There's never been a show that has gone more than 5 seasons without noticeably declining in quality. We don't want that for MLP:FiM, right? It's best if things get wrapped up - properly, and planned, rather than "here's a sort of ending, hopefully we get next season - oops, time to cancel the show, no S7 after all, hope you didn't want a proper finale" - right?

It'll be hard to let go, but we have to let it go.
>>
It has already declined in quality and it never had any artistical merit due to being a toy-selling toddler-show.

There is no reason to let go. There is no dignity to save.
>>
B-But what will happen with our tulpas?
>>
File: confused_black_guy____.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
confused_black_guy____.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>25513612

Nigga why are you even here?
>>
>>25513637

Because I still like the show.

I don't need something to be objectively good to like it. I just need it to be fun, and low-brow content has the same ability to be fun as anything else.
>>
>>25513583
I agree. I would prefeer to have a planned and proper show ending that a random ending and the show cancelled.
>>
>>25513583
In answer to every part of what you just said: no.

I don't think FiM needs to quit after S6, I don't believe it's impossible for a show to be good for more than six seasons, and I find your statement that it's never happened to be an unfounded assumption. We don't know what the next season will bring, we don't have to let this show go at an time you arbitrarily decide for us, and we certainly don't have to "admit" anything on your command. You are not the authority here and you have no say on what other people should or should not want to happen.
>>
>>25513583
You know, I've thought from time to time about what I will do when My Little Pony ends. Maybe engage deeper in the car scene? Regardless though My Little Pony in a weird sense changed my life. I've made so many friends, many of them are talented individuals who have even spread some of their abilities to me, I learned how to play guitar because of my little pony, I learned how to use FL studio, how to use after effects, how to sound design for videos properly, and many other things. I feel as though the only thing we have in common most times is My Little Pony. When the show ends what left is there for us to discuss? Would our friendship just slowly disappear as we eventually turn away from each other like nothing we said or did mattered? I've been on YouTube since 2008 and I've never even broke 100 subscribers. I created NRGPony in 2012 and even though 2400 something subscribers isn't a lot I've done so much with this little channel. I've done collaborations with some of my favorite content creators, I even met and stayed in the same hotel with one of my favorite musicians at bronycon. This is great and all but whats gonna happen to my channel, and my small fanbase when the shows over? Do I just ditch my youtube channel? I don't know man. Sorry for the long post, it's just that this subject can get rather feelsy for me.
>>
>>25513612
First of all, "artistical" isn't a word. Second, a show aimed at children- even one meant to sell toys- is still capable of having artistic merit.
>>
>>25513583

Thats not really a given

Sure, during S2 I wished it would never end but S3 was unwatchable, S4 was the worst, and its all downhill from there
>>
File: 1444202032014.jpg (25 KB, 299x448) Image search: [Google]
1444202032014.jpg
25 KB, 299x448
>>25513583
>I know that everyone here is as much a fan of the show now as they were in the first season

The show peaked at the end of S2. Since then it's been a slow downward slide in quality.

Twilicorn and EQG were abysmal, S4 was boring and S5 only has about 4 or so episodes actually worth watching.

The only reason I'd mind it ending is because I'm waiting for it become so terrible it's awesome.
>>
>>25513670
List some shows that didn't decline in quality after six seasons
>>
>>25513583
Almost yes!
>>
>>25513836
Let's go by number of episodes/number of seasons to make things even
South Park
Dragon Ball
The Simpsons
Psych
Pokèmon
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Curb Your Enthusiasm
>>
>>25514097
>South Park
lost tons of viewers and quality even before then

>>25514097
>The Simpsons
Are you insane? This is literally the poster child for shows that have gone on wayyyy too long because they've become so shitty

can't common on the rest, never seen them
>>
>>25513583
>I know that
You know two things: Jack and shit, and Jack left town a week ago.
>>
>>25514139
it's called ironing
>>
>>25514106
You said after 6 seasons.
>>
>>25514300
>something that declined in quality after 3 seasons doesn't count as declining by at least the 6th season

what kind of logic are you using here?
>>
>>25513583
No, fuck you. The show needs to keep going until I'm sick of it. I want to leave on my terms, not Hasbro's.
>>
File: 1445980226185.gif (470 KB, 544x525) Image search: [Google]
1445980226185.gif
470 KB, 544x525
>>25514139
Oh shit that reminds me. When is the Evil Dead series coming out?
>>
File: 1447586377248.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447586377248.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>25514352
You better not be talking about the Simpson's and there golden era that was seasons 1-10.
>>
>>25514583
If you're talking about Ash vs Evil Dead, then that show has already started airing on starz.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.