[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell happened to her Character? In the beginning she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (300 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
300 KB, 600x700
What the hell happened to her Character? In the beginning she used to be very open to talking with Twilight's friends and other people. But as the series went on, she started to completely ignore Twilight's friends entirely as individuals, likes she just lumped them together.

Not only that, but she can't help but praise Twilight every change she gets, even for something she doesn't do, like when Pinkie saves the day in the Yak episode. All Twilight do was run around the castle and panic. And of course when Pinkie did save the day, Celestia goes on to praise Twilight for saving the day, even though she did absolutely nothing the entire time.

What changed? Why did Celestia get worse as time went on?
>>
>>25505157

The writers lost direction after Faust wasn't there to babysit them anymore.
>>
>>25505157
It disappeared just like she did.
>>
Prob going senile to be honest family
>>
>>25505157
The writers stopped giving a fuck.

Celestia used to be my favorite character and now I dislike whenever she's on the screen. She had a lot of potential as a mentor figure that would slowly become Twilight's equal but they wasted it completely. Now she's uninteresting, generic, and seems a bit dumb, to be honest.
>>
It's a combination of >>25505168 and the fact that twilight is now a princess. There have been multiple episodes that have centered around Twilight being independent of Celestia now that she's a Princess too. But it seems like Celestia stopped being relevant to Twilight as a teacher because Twilight had to do AB-SO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOTHING to become a princess.

I'm sure the writers find it hard to work Celestia in when Twilight should technically be in charge or her own shit now.
>>
>>25505157

Not saying it's changelings, but it's changelings.
>>
>>25505157
She got Lupus
>>
>>25505210
Twilight being a Princess could have had a lot of opportunity to develop Celestia as a character. They could have shown a more human side of her, so to speak—how she gets stressed about legislation, or her diplomatic worries, and so on.

Instead they just did nothing.
>>
>>25505249
But Celestia's involvement in S1/2 just boiled down to being Twilight's teacher and mentor. That's still true, but now Twilight has, like, national/global responsibilities. She can't just turn to Celestia and ask what the fuck she needs to do all the time.

Although I do agree that the show has been missing Celestia/Luna episodes. Epescially focusing on their daily lives.
>>
>>25505293
>She can't just turn to Celestia and ask what the fuck she needs to do all the time.
Because people never say to each other "hey can you give me a hand with the task that I've never done before"
>>
>>25505323
And she has done that sometimes, though it is rare.

But because she's a princess now the dynamics between her and Celestia have changed. I'm not defending the writers on this, I'm just saying this is what they've chosen to do. But in their defense, this is definitely something that was really forced on them when they had to make Twilight a princess.
>>
>>25505374
Partially agree - but then again Cadence was forced on them, and they managed to deliver with her.

Let's just face it: we've had more than 100 episodes now, most of the good staff have left / are leaving - how long are we going to leave the show on life support?
>>
>>25505157
>got worse
Hasbro had no idea how to write her from the start. Figured they had a better chance pandering to moonfags.
>>
>>25505374
The dynamics didn't really change, though. Celestia is still constantly like "I'm so proud of you."

We need an episode where Celestia actually treats Twilight like an equal. Fuck, give them a little mini-quest. It would probably help both of their characters, because if we're being honest here, Twilight's character isn't doing so hot right now.
>>
>>25505646
Yeah, every time Twilight mentions Celestia, it's in the context of "must impress Princess Celestia!", and every time Celestia mentions Twilight it's in the context of "You've done so well" - If that's an equal relationship, then I guess Spike is Celestia's equal too
>>
>>25505157
Celestia episode when?
>>
>>25505792
Right after the Fluttershy episode that doesn't have her facing her fears, the Applejack episode that doesn't involve family/apples/honesty (delete as appropriate) in any way, the Discord episode that doesn't reference something else, and the Spike episode that isn't pure shit.
>>
It's sad because Luna actually interacts and acknowledges Twilight's friends. Hell Cadence does as well. Would not surprised if Cadence and Pinkie become friends soon.
>>
>>25505455
Cadence got better with S5. She actually interacted with Twilight's friends. So did Luna
>>
>>25505922
Re-read my post - I stated that they managed to make Cadence work despite her being forced on them by Hasbro, and that therefore the "oh Twilicorn was forced on the writers - it's not their fault" excuse is a load of horse shit
>>
File: mitch-hedberg.jpg (76 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
mitch-hedberg.jpg
76 KB, 500x363
>>25505242
Damnit, Princess Celestia, you have lupus.
>>
File: Dr-house-wallpaper-6.jpg (743 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dr-house-wallpaper-6.jpg
743 KB, 1600x1200
>>25506052
Don't make me say it...
>>
>>25505157
Writing.
>>
>>25505505
It's definitely easier to make episodes about Luna.
Which they've already done.

She's a princess struggling with modern times and has a dark past. There's plenty of meat for interesting stories there.

Celestia is a motherly, wise, knowledgeable, friendly, near-perfect princess who has fuckloads of experience with her daily chores. Coming up with something good and interesting about her is a lot harder.
>>
>>25506127
It wouldn't be too difficult to make a decent episode about Celestia. With Twilight being the new popular princess, and with it appearing like Equestria is both advancing societaly and technologically while facing the enemies and dark forces from the past it would be fairly easy to just have an episode were she reminisces about the past and her times and journeys with luna. Easy enough to tie in a moral about how mistakes in your past can return but you can overcome them with new friends etc.
>>
>>25505157
Many only care about one thing about her, aside her overall attractiveness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0
>>
>>25506127
>Celestia is a motherly, wise, knowledgeable, friendly, near-perfect princess who has fuckloads of experience with her daily chores. Coming up with something good and interesting about her is a lot harder.

We only think she's near-perfect because of Twilight's perspective of her. She probably has lots of her own flaws.

Here, have some free episode ideas:

>Twilight comes up with a better way to do something Celestia has been doing for a long time. Celestia is stubborn and set in her ways. Twilight holds her ground, shows Celestia that she's wrong in some creative way, and Celestia learns a lesson (and maybe writes a letter to Twilight)
>Celestia has a prankster streak and gets into it with Dash and Pinkie. However, her pranks start going too far (not out of maliciousness, she's just completely oblivious) and they have to help her tone it down. Celestia learns a lesson and does the fucking letter thing again.
>Celestia starts to realize that she has nothing to teach Twilight and has a crisis. She thus decides that she must teach Twilight about one of the few subjects Twilight hasn't surpassed her in: Professional cake tasting. Cue a moral about where Celestia realizes that she does still have things to teach Twilight, but Twilight also has things to teach

This shit isn't fucking hard. This is just what I shit out while queuing for fucking Dota. I could literally list a hundred of these.
>>
>>25506127
this nigga gets it
the perfection of Celestia puts her more of an archetype than being a character
if she had flaws in what she is,she wouldnt be Celestia and there's another princess for redeem her mistakes and flaws she did in the past,her name is Luna

>>25506424
the only ideas for her that I have are accepting that she isnt a mentor for twilight anymore
and non canon,seeing Sunset again and how both would react after so much time
>>
The only interesting thing they did with Celestia since Season 1 was in episode 100 when she and Luna were arguing over petty shit. I'd like to see more of that but on a bigger scale.
>>
>>25505157
>Why did Celestia get worse as time went on?
>pic related
>>
>>25506582
Yeah, if reflections is canon than Celestia is far from perfect. Fuck, she has the mentality of a teenager and is probably unfit to rule.
>>
>>25506686
>she has the mentality of a teenager
The curse of eternal youth.
>>
>>25506578
Exactly.

If you think that she's too perfect to write in an interesting way, just make her non-perfect! We've barely fucking interacted with her, so it's not even contradictory.

I mean, for fuck's sake, this isn't hard. That one moment had more development of Celestia than the other 99 episodes combined. That's fucking depressing.
>>
File: KVz5ryL.jpg (368 KB, 1280x1724) Image search: [Google]
KVz5ryL.jpg
368 KB, 1280x1724
Still waiting for that Celestia-focused episode...
please
>>
File: 1424139165427.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424139165427.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>>25506886
>"Hahah, no."
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.