[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the show be better off without Pinkie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
Hear me out, since season one I have disliked Pinkie.

She's loud, her singing hurts my ears, and her bright Pink color scheme just doesn't work for me.

Her element is "laughter" which to me seems like the most worthless Element ever. What purpose could laughter serve in the making of friends? Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, those all seem like things that are more useful for making friends.

Because you don't laugh like a maniac to someones face, or obnoxiously crack jokes till they're your friend. Cranky Doodle Donkey episode was a perfect illustration in my book how Pinkie as a concept completely fails.

And finally, I am thoroughly annoyed at the fancancer and utter stupidity/autism surrounding her character, which embody every bad thing about Pinkie from her loud bombastic presence to her habit of injecting herself into every situation being the autistic center of attention.

It seems clear to me that if Pinkie never existed the entire show, and fanbase itself would be better for it.
>>
>>25482345
no. the show wouldn't be the same if any of the main 6 were missing. pinkie was great in season 1, they've been overdoing the lel so random elements for a long time.
>>
>>25482345
>Hear me out
Nah
>>
>>25482345
>Not wanting to ponk that pink horse
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>25482389
I always knew waifuing her back in 2011 was a good idea.
>>
>>25482345
>not knowing how useful laughter is for making friends
>not 'aving a giggle with your m8s as you throw bantz back and forth

have you never made a friend?
>>
File: 1431668866810.png (256 KB, 745x797) Image search: [Google]
1431668866810.png
256 KB, 745x797
But I really wanna fuck that one
>>
>>25482389
>wanting to fuck pink autism

I think the one who should kill himself is you.
>>
>>25482425
>Implying you're not being autistic
>>
File: pinkie.png (1 MB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
pinkie.png
1 MB, 1600x2000
>>25482425
she's far better than shitty characters like that cunt rainbow faggot.
>>
>>25482345
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Laughter is the joy that your friends bring you, from the simple comfort of knowing someone cares to planning elaborate parties to make you smile.
If your friends don't make you happy then they're barely friends.
>>
>>25482345
Kill yourself you edgelord faggot
If your friends don't make you laugh they aren't your friends
>>
>>25482354
Agreed. I loved her in s1. After that they just overdid it completely. AFiD was painful to watch apart from the Smile Song.
>>
File: 1444600926938.png (177 KB, 825x967) Image search: [Google]
1444600926938.png
177 KB, 825x967
When someone is as lovely as Pinkie Pie, it's automatically a loss to remove her from the show.
But worry not, when I was a teenage boy, I probably felt the same way you do OP, you will grow out of it soon.
>>
File: 1446919151698.jpg (33 KB, 422x428) Image search: [Google]
1446919151698.jpg
33 KB, 422x428
>>25482345

I see what you're saying. I guess.
>>
>>25482496
a person comes to like Pinkie when you realize being positive and happy is an invaluable asset to a group of people. and that realization comes with age usually.
>>
>What purpose could laughter serve in the making of friends?
Seriously? You must be like, the most boring person ever. Being able to entertain each other is one of the very reasons to hang out with your friends.

Your complaints about her screaming and lolsorandumb humor are valid, but people have always had those complaints when they existed in some episodes (some writers cannot write Pinkie at. all.)
>>
>>25482345
I respect your opinion, save for the point of element of laughter being worthless.

Listen here, you faggot, we live in a world where somebody dies every few seconds; where people are ready to kill each other over minor differences in culture, morals, values, interests; where majority of people have to do the same exact thing almost every day over a course of years just to be a part of society.
This world can be pretty fucking depressing, you know? And you know what people do? They entertain themselves. They try to find positive moments in their lives. They try to fucking laugh.
If you had friends, you would know, that vast majority of conversations within friends are jokes, puns, funny stories, sarcastic remarks, burns, etc. Friends are first and foremost try to entertain each other, and only after that they'll tell you how terrible your new haircut, offer their help and time in fixing it, fail it fucking terribly and end up doing the similar shit for themselves to make your sorry ass feel better.
Element of laughter is the most fucking essential element of friendship.
>>
>>25482527
Potencially suicidal
>>
File: marge.png (651 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
marge.png
651 KB, 1280x720
>>25482345
She won't be gone just because YOU personally don't like or "get" her; lots of other people do.
>>
File: index.png (8 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
index.png
8 KB, 206x244
>Laughter
>Not important fore making friends

You have no friends, do you OP?
Making people laugh is the easiest way to initiate conversation. Used to have no friends as a kid. Once I caught up some jokes and used them to my best ability, I quickly found friends.
>>
>>25482354
Yep. Just no subtlety about how to use her after S1, except in a couple of episodes where she was actual the focus. She was adorable in "Pinkie's Pride". Where she's just used as an insert-random-gag-here, she's obnoxious because they write for her so ham-fistedly.
>>
>>25482748
I'd say she's more funny than obnoxious most of the time still, but I can see the problems with that.
>>
>>25482345
Thank god, I though I was alone. She could serve as a background character, but the joke gets old when you see it so often.
>>
File: 1355513677288.gif (374 KB, 440x342) Image search: [Google]
1355513677288.gif
374 KB, 440x342
>>25482345
>Hear me out
A'ight.

>Since season one I have disliked Pinkie
Since season one, I have disliked Rarity because she's a snobbish fashionista.

>She's loud, her singing hurts my ears, and her bright Pink color scheme just doesn't work for me
Those things don't bother me.

>Laughter
>most worthless element ever
Have you never used jokes and a casual attitude as the glue to your friendships, to bind people together?
Are you constantly super serious?

>Cranky Doodle Donkey episode
Was a good episode to bring to light some flaws in her character. Similar episodes are done with the other mane 6.
Point of the episodes are to then show the character overcoming the obstacles hence growing as a character.
I'm talking out of my ass here as I'm having difficulty thinking straight but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

>thoroughly annoyed at the fancancer and utter stupidity/autism surrounding her character
That's them and not her.

>It seems clear to me that, if Pinkie never existed, the entire show and fanbase itself would be better for it
No because no.
>>
>>25482345
>it seems clear to me
That's odd, I wouldn't think you could see anything but torso with that cock lodged so far down your throat.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.