[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pony video games, and story of the blanks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Swiggity Swoogity I'm coming for that booty!
http://donitz.deviantart.com/art/Story-of-the-Blanks-216207954
http://pix3m.deviantart.com/art/Robin-Steele-Environment-art-2nd-iteration-544884249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa4ILR7F_Jk
>>
>>25482086
Are those fucking shackles at the sides of the room?
>>
>>25482113
I'm guessing Cadence lent Twilight her playroom.
>>
>>25482086
Still waiting For underworld Cello. The only game that will be worth playing and that yet get no fucking hype.
>>
>>25482171
I think My Little Investigations might be alright too, although there is basically no chance it ever being finished.
>>
>>25482241
What are you talking about? The first episode was finished months ago.
>>
>>25482171
What's the release timeline on that look like? End of the year, or later than that?
>>
>>25482171
It still is going to take some time to finish...They just finished all the rooms in the main house and now working on tieing all ends together.

They are a small dev team that have been working hard and put in allot of heart into it. It is why they are also trying to retain stealth about the game is due to the complications of many fan based works being shut down.

Be glad though that they are now partnered with another dev team to help them out and be supportive of their efforts. Especially in giving them the opportunity to grow outside fan based works.
>>
>>25482171
>>25482241
I'm gonna have to burst your bubble and break down your hugbox. They're shit anon. Anything that is 2D and lacks good gameplay is shit.
>>
>>25482281
It will be a while, just be patient. They been working hard in wrapping up things and last I heard was they been working on animations and getting in new lines of code.
>>
>>25482287
>they're
I thought it was literally one guy.
>>
Games ranked at a crappy 3.86% last time when Equestria Daily made a poll to judge the interest and hype between fandom creations.

http://mlpgamereviews.blogspot.ca/2014/10/dream-horse-game.html#more
>>
>>25482294
Not true, there are many games out there that are 2d and quite good on gameplay and story. They aren't everyone's cup of tea, I respect that. But it doens't take the quality, time and effort put into those games. Ori and the Lost Forrest, HyperLight Drifter and even Bastion are 2d or 2d Isometric in a 2.5D style. Even Child of Light is great game. Don't put it down until you tried it.

I was hesitant for years thinking that Borderlands was nothing more than another TF2. I was so wrong when I bought the game, I can't put it down now. I don't care for fighting games much but still rented Super Smash Bros and even played Mortal Combat with friends. They aren't my cup of tea, but not horrible games either.
>>
>>25482302
Nope, There is HeroofTime which is the programming and design lead. There is Belgerum that is a talented musician, then I believe Alex (Forgive me Hero if you are reading this as I forgot his name) Who has done allot of the story writing but has been distant due to the loss of his relative.

Then there are now us.. Whom Partnered with them and we are 5 strong. Red, Creative Director and CEO, Spawned Programing and Designer, List, Video editor and Character artist. Soni who is a talented enviromental artist and character artist, And Bittertooth another Muscian who is quite talented.
>>
>>25482311
Yes yes any other game which wasn't made by bronies is a masterpiece and managed to break every expectation for being so limited to 2D. I enjoyed Freedom Planet and Dust Elysian Tail. Among with the 2000 something indie games the past 3 years.

But unfortunately bronies have learned nothing about good gameplay, good level design, an any other field in general. Hence Legends of Equestria is still a broken mess without gameplay,without good netcode and no content or ideas put into it.

I'm gonna repeat something I've said a few months ago.
Wanna write a good book about mlp? Do not read brony fanfiction.
Wanna make a good video game about MLP? Do not follow brony crossover fan-games made in shitty engines.

This fanbase started out of a bandwagon of irony and parody straight out of Youtube.
It is only natural that it created a shallow fanbase that doesn't understand what it's own cartoon show is about.

How many of the fan-games have ever been about Generation 1, Equestria, the main theme of the show?
Everything this fanbase has tried to do was the equivalent of making a sci-fi gun shooter game out of a fantasy medieval story. Like imagine Skyrim modded with Star Trek.
>>
>>25482339
>But unfortunately bronies have learned nothing about good gameplay, good level design, an any other field in general.
Yeah, what a bunch of amateurs, haha! Oh, wait...
>>
http://spikeqdev.blogspot.ca/2011_07_01_archive.html
http://spikeqdev.blogspot.ca

This guy never got C&D, he just got OCD'd by his own brain.
He couldn't manage to get 1 more game demo out after 2011.
>>
>>25482338
Jesus fuck that presentation are you guys newfags who googled the name?

I mean I love what you'll do and play the shit out of your game but this just screams "Overly boosting yourself." and not really 4chan-y.
>>
>>25482339
For sake of conversation tracking I will use a name.

I fully understand that allot of what comes from a fandom is relatively low quality because they can't meet the same expectations as a AAA company. Also why Indie Companies struggle so much to get their games notice. Not only due to competition but quality. Best Ending Games, the ones behind "The Under World Cello" Has put 2 years behind their game. I can't say it is perfect but given the dedication and effort put in is why when our company looked over them, we saw an opportunity. Especially knowing the risks of a fan game, giving them a chance to fall back on what they love, making games.

Allot whom do create games do so out of the same passion for either the show or for games itself but lack a structure in how to go about creating them. There are so many details that go into games that if you don't even have an average level of knowledge. Your product will lack in the end. From art, to UI/X to music to the mechanics themselves you don' have to be an expert to manage a team or create a game but if don't have knowledge what so ever, you don't even have a foundation to build upon. This is why so many games fail.

As far as crappy engines go. Tools are only as powerful as the people who wield them. IE Hyperlight Drifter was made with GameMaker Studio. When you are willing to push things to the limit, amazing things can happen.
>>
File: be a dyke pony eat candy vag.jpg (4 KB, 125x109) Image search: [Google]
be a dyke pony eat candy vag.jpg
4 KB, 125x109
>>25482339
>This fanbase started out of a bandwagon of irony and parody straight out of Youtube.

Only newfags and /b/tard thinks that. /co/ was never ironic. Source: I was amongst them.
>>
>>25482406
I am not trying to boast at all though I do want to acknowledge that it simple isn't one person behind it.
>>
>>25482339
Dude, there are some decent stuff out of there made by game maker.
There's that shooter based on rainbow wake, you have Legacy of the Pony who is a decent, finished and challenging platformer, my little investigation which has some nice production value and finally Underworld cello.

Yes they are not Bastion like level of good but those are made by full teams with fundings, this is fan made games made by a bunch of people with barely any experience in the domain and for that it's pretty good.

TLDR: Stop being an ass.
>>
>>25482411
>says the guy posting on /mlp/.
You're not fooling anyone, you're not a /co/mrade and you will never be, Seth.
>>
>>25482424
>Implying
I stopped going into the generals in May 2011 when shit hit the fan and only came back when /mlp/ was a board.
>>
>>25482408
There's Hyperlight Drifter made with GameMaker Studio, and on the other end we have Clockwork Stallions made with GameMaker.
I just don't see the people behind a passing /co/ fad ever being able of making something of high quality.
>>
>>25482441
I agree and disagree. After all many who do make the fan games do so out of, you said it, a fad. Like any fan art, many draw out of pure enjoyment, doesn't make them the next da vinci.

But not all that do create art do so out of pure fad either. For those who are artists as a career choice, they pride themselves on going beyond the scope of fan works. Here we see talent starting to form because they are passionate of what they are doing and not just following a trend. They might be diamonds in the rough but they do exist.

Everyone at Best Ending Games wants to go beyond MLP. Hero is currently finishing a degree in Simulation and Game Development. Which is great! Always go further...

But again, not everyone's passion is to go further with making games and it just a fad for them, it is why there is more poor quality than good.
>>
If anyone wishes to speak about "The Underworld Cello" or has questions in regards I can speak on behalf of its development but comments would be limited due to "Reasons"
>>
>>25482548
Will it still feature 8/16-bit graphics?
>>
How many of you played on a SNES or Genesis? Favourite games on them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMzrKsqX-E
>>
>>25482570
Of course! That is the aesthetic charm of it. Uninvited was a huge inspiration to the project and original concepts mirrored this, then it broke off to become something completely new.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYY-lOFb1Gc
>>
>>25482586
Mario, Metroid Fun games. Just sad I don't have allot of exposure to Nintendo as growing up I only played with friends on a nintendo. I stuck with Atari for a long long time before getting a PSX.
>>
File: prototype.png (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
prototype.png
41 KB, 640x480
A prototype for my crude grinder RPG.
>>
>>25482853
Graphics aside.

What are your core mechanics? What does this allow for you dynamicly? Aesthetics have an 16 bit esc quality but everything else is flash raster quality, it needs improvement if it were to complement each other.

UI/UX is quite confusing as I am guessing there is a health score but not sure of the second bar. It suggests a fighting game but the space for the actions is quite large given the over all frame. Small green fonts on magenta make it quite hard to see the letters and is inconsistent with the Health score being white which stand out more.

You intent may be to draw the eye to the health first but you want a subsidiary contrast for the actions, not for it to blend in.

Do a UI/UX , A/B test and keep creating mock ups to see which is your champion and keep challenging it. I would personally create a button as this will define one key of UIUX and that is Click space. Good Luck!
>>
>>25482853
Babs is not evil! Reeeeee
And neither worthy of an opponent, she's lower than a goblin.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA0hVEbzr74
One of you should work for Chris.
>>
Rape
>>
Everfree Outpost=Vaporwave

NEVER
EVER
>>
>>25485306
just wait
>>
>>25486327
minor update coming this weekend
>>
>>25486448
yaaay
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.