[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampony CYOA #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4
File: 1444616545131.png (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444616545131.png
109 KB, 600x600
Old threads
>#1 http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/24981509/
>#2 http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25037569/
>#3 http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25101020/
>#4 http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25209480/
>#5 http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25307011/#25396157
======
Summary:
You were Mango, a Batpony from a small town near Las Pegasus turned vampire by Fierce Fang. After deciding against joining the older and obviously amoral vampire Mango fled both him and a bounty in Las Pegasus caused by her feeding habits. She's on her way to Ponyville, where there are supposedly no Vampires to compete with.
But after divulging her Vampire status to Zecora, the Zebra snitched to Twilight who confronted Mango in the Castle of the Two Sisters.
Caught between a rock and a hard place, Mango seems to be tentatively going along with Twilight's plan to send her to infiltrate a group of vampires in Canterlot.
They fought an out of control suit of armor together, which Twilight took upstairs for further study.
Mango spoke with Rarity about securing some things to make her room more livable, and our story proceeds from there.
>>
>>25414340
>>25415051
>>25415099

>Rarity’s offer of 80 bits for sheets, blankets, curtains and a quilt sounds more than fair to your ears.
“80 bits sounds good. Thanks.”
>Reaching for your saddlebags to pay, Rarity interjects quickly. “Oh you don’t have to pay right this second, Darling. I can take payment once I’ve delivered the product. You ought to buy a proper mattress first.”
“Oh. Well, whatever works for you.”
>”You can pay me any time, really. It’s not as though you’ll be going anywhere far.”
“Yeah, that’s… kinda true, I guess.”
>Rarity smiles politely, seemingly not catching your discomfort with that fact. “Well, I’ll have something for you soon. Ta-ta for now!”
>The unicorn turns to leave, and you watch her backside sway its way out of the castle.
>She certainly has a point with what she said.
>Usually when one thinks of a vampire’s castle, words like “sanctum” and “lair” come to mind.
>But right now, this castle is a “shelter” at best. And a “prison” at worst.
>Even once the the threat of daylight fades, Twilight has made it clear she won’t tolerate any “feeding”.
>If you skipped town, she’d be keeping an eye out for any activities in the surrounding area. And she knows what you look like as well.
>Still, all you can do is face the situation as it stands and do what you’ve got to do to survive, same as always.
>It’s daytime right now, so your options are a bit limited.
>You’ve got some business in town, but it’s still only 2:00. You’d have to sleep until nightfall to take care of it.
>Twilight said she’d be upstairs examining that armor. If you had something to bring up to her, you could do that before she leaves.
>And if you’re still feeling restless, you could always explore your surroundings and see how your powers are developing. The book said your abilities might change, and something does feel a bit different inside you.
>So what will you do?
>>
>>25478798
Sure, power fuckaround time sounds fun.
>>
>>25478798
>upstairs
Let's go down and tell Twilight about our illegal guns and see if she can think of a way to fix that.
>>
>>25478798
We need to get hearing protection at some point, if we still plan on using guns as our main weapons.

But for now we should sleep. I can't think of anyway to test our powers here. We should wait until nightfall.
>>
>>25478827
>>25478912
>>25478929
How about we do the gun thing and then go to sleep. After a good sleep we can take care of business and then test our powers.
>>
>Twilight promised to help smooth things over regarding your firearms.
>You might as well take care of that while you have a chance.
>She said she was dragging that armor upstairs, so you make your way up, carefully edging around the spears of dusty light streaking through the windows.
>The brighter area of the castle gives you a feeling like something unclean crawling on your coat, but as long as you avoid direct sunlight, you’re not in any danger.
>You spy Twilight through the open doors sitting across from the armor, watching it with curiosity and suspicion.
“Princess?” You speak up.
>”Oh!” She exclaims, quickly rising to her hooves. “Hello, Mango. You snuck up on me there.”
“Wasn’t really trying to. I wanted to ask about registering my guns.”
>”Oh, that? I was about to head back to my castle to look for a book that might help with this, but we can have that talk now. It’s pretty simple stuff after all. So guns, plural? What do you have?”
>You show Twilight your sawed-off shotgun, your hoofgun, and your handgun.
>”I see.” She nods sagely. “And none of these are registered to you?”
“That’s right.”
>”So then, how exactly did you get all of these without a firearms license?”
>>
>>25479424
Stolen from criminals that tried to kill us.
>>
>>25479424
Your treatment of me was a little more kind than these ponies.

This one was from a pony who bashed me on the head soon as saw my fangs, and the shotgun was from his friend, and this hoofgun was from a robber who held me at gunpoint in a convenience store.
>>
>>25479424
>>25479469
We should avoid mentioning specifics, just go with.
>>25479455
>>
>>25479694
She asked us for specifics.
>>
“I stole them from some criminals that tried to kill me.”
>”You stole them?” She asks, sounding unsure of her hearing.
>You point to the handgun. “That’s from a unicorn who tried to bash my head in as soon as he saw my fangs.”
>Twilight frowns slightly.
>Motioning to the shotgun, you continue. ”From his friend who came at me next.”
>”And the hoofgun’s from a robber that held me at gunpoint at a convenience store.”
>She takes a second to consider the situation.
>”You’re saying you acted in self-defense and disarmed them?”
“You were a little more kind about my condition than those ponies were.”
>”Right.” Twilight says decisively. “Well I’m going to have to confiscate all of these.”
“Confiscate them?”
>Twilight mirrors your earlier actions, pointing at the shotgun. “Stolen shotgun, illegally modified below the minimum barrel length.”
>Her hoof travels to the handgun. “Stolen handgun, which isn’t even of much use to you since you’re not a unicorn.”
>”And finally, the hoofgun that’s in such poor repair you’re liable to have a serious accident if you continue using it. Also stolen.”
“They were trying to kill me.” You emphasize.
>Twilight looks unimpressed. “You don’t get to take someone’s stuff just because they tried to kill you, even if it’s not theirs to begin with. Unless you have an adventurer’s license. Do you?”
“I ran an unsuccessful fruit preserves store.”
>”Then you’ll have to surrender these. But don’t worry, we’ll get you a new proper firearm once you go down to the Bureau of Licensing and apply for a permit. I'll pay for your license and weapon of course. But it will require you to register yourself in the government records and take a written exam demonstrating your knowledge of proper firearms operation and safety. It might take a while to process your application as well, obviously, but vampires are supposed to be stronger than normal ponies anyway, aren’t they? And besides, if you’re doing your job right, you shouldn’t need it. Simple, right? Questions?”
>>
>>25479908
With gritted teeth try not to show our annoyance.

Anyway you could fast track some of that for me.
You know, maybe tutor me for the test and then administer it yourself.
>>
>>25479908
Guess we don't need hearing protection anymore...
>>
>>25479968
>Your eye twitches involuntarily as you smile. “O-oh. But is there a way you could… fast track that? Like maybe you could tutor me for the test, then administer it yourself.”
>Twilight smiles in a way that she probably perceives as conciliatory, but to you comes across as condescending.
>”So you don’t already know how to use them properly? And you think I should give you special treatment by fast-tracking you a permit?”
>”That’s a little unreasonable, don’t you think?”
>”You’re lucky you didn’t hurt yourself with those things. I think it’s probably for the best that you don’t use them at all if you can’t earn your permit by yourself. Rules are rules for a reason.”
>”Now then, was there anything else?”
>>
>>25480262
I do owe my life to them, but fine.

Don't need a permit to own a rifle or shotgun anyway.
>>
>>25480262
Ok, you JUST watched me shoot that armor with the shotgun. I might not have formal education with them but I'm not shooting in the dark either.

Let's see if we can swipe the shotgun back when she goes back to examining the armor.
>>
>>25480350
She'll obviously realize it's missing.
>>
>>25480384
Yes, but at least we'll have it. You do realize that she needs us for her plans, right? She's not going to summarily execute us.
>>
>>25480398
She may come back to retrieve it and be rather annoyed with us. She might even wait until daytime to interrupt our sleep again.
>>
>>25480309
>>25480350
“You just watched me blow that armor apart with that shotgun. Just because I don’t have formal education doesn’t mean I don’t know how to use them.”
>”So then the test should be no problem, right? I’ll pay for a new one if you can prove you’re responsible enough, and your licensing fees are on me. I think that’s being generous enough.
“I owe my life to those weapons. But fine.”
>As you turn away, you momentarily catch what looks like it might be regret on Princess Twilight’s face.
>”Well, I’ll be in my castle tonight if you need anything. Take care.”
>You don’t quite feel comfortable leaving without that shotgun.
>It was like your sawed-off security blanket.
>But while you could possibly snatch it while the Princess of Bureaucracy is distracted, she’s meticulous enough to notice its absence and put two and two together.
>Instead you head back to the kitchens and try to find a cozy spot on top of the oven.
>Between Twilight’s uncooperative attitude and the unyielding stone surface, it’s difficult to get your much needed rest.
>But in time, you manage to close your eyes and drift into a world of dreams.

(I could try to keep going since I had more in mind. Should I do that, or just end the session and let whoever gets here first tomorrow pick things up?)
>>
>>25480630
Go as long as you feel like.
>>
>>25480727
Given that it took a while to get that response, it's probably better to pick this up when more players are awake. Getting tired anyway. That's it for me for now.
>>
>>25480630
sleep tight, sleepybite
>>
>>25480630
Thanks for picking it up
Anyways guess we'll have to do licencing and stuff do the test after all princess is paying for it and we'll get more bat friendly guns doesn't sound all that bad to me
Let's go sleep
>>
Page 10
>>
>Your nap is filled with disturbing dreams that flee your memory the moment you awaken.
>Though can’t be sure how long you slept, but a pleasantly cool feeling on the air tells you that the oppressive sun is no longer hanging over your head like the sword of damocles.
>Flipping your wings out, you give them a good stretch, shaking out your sleep.
>You lick your lips, feeling a dryness in your mouth from thirst. More than one kind.
>Eyes piercing through the veil of dark easily, you scan the room, just barely spotting the stationary form of a yellow pegasus sitting across the room.
>Stumbling back to your hooves in surprise, you hear her speak in a voice so soft, lesser ears might have missed it.
>”... Hello.”
“... Hello.” You respond after judging her not to be a threat.
>”I didn’t mean to startle you, but I didn’t think I should wake you, so I just waited here.” The mare admits.
>The implication that she was watching you while you slept is troubling, but she just gives you a comforting motherly smile, watching you with curious cerulean eyes.
>”You’re Mango, right? My name is fluttershy. I’ve spoken with Pinkie and Twilight about you. Mostly Twilight…” she adds while glancing aside nervously. “... but anyway, once I heard about what was going on, I decided I needed to see what you were like for myself.”
>”So I’d like to invite you for tea over at my cottage. Just to talk one on one. Does that sound good to you?”
>She doesn’t seem like she’s trying to trick you, but then you’ve been fooled before.
>And you’re starting to feel a bit keen on drinking some blood.
>How will you respond to her offer?
>>
>>25484417
Well, it's not like we had something better to do. We should probably drink before going though.
>>
>>25484417
That sounds okay.

Let her go first and we'll drink another one of our bags before we leave.
>>
>>25484417
>>25484508
If we let her leave first we might be able to recon Zecora's hut.

I want SOME form of revenge before we leave, preferable right before so the consequences will be minimal.
>>
>>25484517
I dunno, it doesn't seem like the best idea.

Unless what you have in mind is at least minimal. Like guilting her or something.
>>
>>25484526
We can turn all her masks upside down.
>>
>>25484417
Check the time and tell her that we already had plans tonight.
>>
>>25484526
Well I didn't want to harm her physically. For now I just want to check out the place first.
>>
>>25484464
Rarity closes shop at 10.
>>
>>25484568
That sounds fine.

>Zecora betrays a vampire's trust.
>Vampire enacts revenge by slightly rearranging her decorations.

>>25484571
I doubt it'll take too long. She's not nocturnal. We have the rest of the night to do whatever we want.
>>
>>25484583
Did she say they'd be ready tonight?
>>
>>25484568
Genius idea we do this
>>25484609
It probably is
>>
So the general idea seems to be tell fluttershy you'll catch up with her, then drink some blood before heading out to Zecora's house to turn her masks upside down.

But what kind of blood are you going to drink? You've got 4 cow bloodbags and 2 dog bloodbags left according to that google doc.
>>
>>25484805
Cow. We've had that for longer.

And I feel that Mango should be at least hesitant to go to Flutters', even if Mango does say yes.
>>
>>25484805
Honestly we'll probably have lesser side effects from cow blood as we said dog blood is even more disgusting
A real shame we can't afford to get ourselves pony blood but with twilight around our ass that's how it is
>>
>>25484805
Cow, dog disagreed with us the most thus far.
>>
>>25484805
Cow is fine.

I think what Mango would do is tell Flutters that we'll catch up, go scout Zecora's house, then find Fluttershy's place and assess the threat level.
>>
>>25484464
>>25484508
>>25484517
>>25484568
>>25484815
“Uh… yeah, sure. You go on ahead though. I’ll catch up.”
>Her wings flap with excitement. “Oh, I’m so glad to hear that! I’ll see you in a bit then. My place is easy to spot. It’s a cottage near the edge of the Everfree, a bit away from town. You should be able to see it if you fly towards ponyville.”
“Yeah, I think I might have seen it before.”
>”I’ll see you there then. I’m really looking forward to getting to know you. And I hope I can find a way to help you out.”
>With that, she flies up the stairs and leaves you alone once more.
>It’s about time you had another drink, you decide.
>Finding one of the bags of cow blood among your possessions, you put the tube in your mouth and suck down the contents.
>It’s a bit like trying to satisfy your craving for a burger by drinking lard.
>Your stomach churns in protest, but at least it’s getting something to put in the engine.
>Putting away the empty blood bag in case you need to refill it later, you head upstairs and take flight into the night sky above the everfree forest.
>Your keen eyes spot ponyville in the distance, even managing to catch sight of the cottage that must be Fluttershy’s.
>But you have another place you’d like to visit first.
>>
>>25485221
>You didn’t think a Zebra would go around snitching on you, but maybe that’s why she’s not hanging around her kind in the first place.
>Then again, she could have told on you to the guard.
>But having Twilight riding your flank is only marginally better.
>After a bit of searching, you manage to find the Zebra’s hut from earlier, and gently glide down to it.
>You skulk around the sides, peeking into the hut and listening carefully.
>No candles or lanterns lit seems to imply her absence, and you hear only the chirping of nocturnal insects in the distance.
>Seems like you have an opportunity to enact your plan for revenge.
>Or it would, if not for the fact that her doors and windows are locked.
>As you curse your lack of foresight, you feel something inside of you stirring…
>A strange weightless sensation churns in the pit of your stomach, and your body tingles with a coldness that makes you feel as if you could become one with the night air.
>Shall you embrace this feeling and see if you can enter Zecora’s hut?
>>
>>25485237
Go for it.
>>
>>25485237
Seems like a safe place for testing it.
>>
>>25485237
Yes
>>
>>25485378
>>25485305
>>25485241
>Yes, it’s time to test how your powers have changed.
>And this is the perfect opportunity.
>Giving in to this sensation, your body melts into the night, merging with the air as you take on a Gaseous Form.
>Your entire existence is contained within a cloud of grayish mist which you can perceive even without any sensory organs whatsoever.
>Even without ears, you can still hear the ambient noises of the everfree. It’s all just as clear as it ever was, even as your body is an intangible cloud of smoky vapor.
>You press your form to the sides of the hut, but find yourself spreading thin and coating it instead of passing through.
>Not ready to give up, you extend yourself around it like a film until you sense a bit of yourself peeking through a bored hole in the wood left by some wood-chewing insect.
>The rest of yourself follows it in, billowing into the hut lined with curious items of exotic origin, including the many masks you’re seeking for your revenge.
>As you take in your surroundings, there’s suddenly a feeling of tightness around you.
>Your smoky form quivers as pain fills your existence.
>In a panic, you revert to your solid vampony self, crashing into the floor and causing items on the shelves to shake from your landing.
>The moment you transformed back, the pain left you as suddenly as it came.
>In a way, it was like being choked.
>You haven’t really felt like you needed to breathe otherwise, but it seems that your time in Gaseous Form is limited. Spending too long while intangible will cause you to “choke” until you revert to your normal self.
>You feel like you probably can’t hold it for much longer than you could hold your breath before either.
>Still, the power has its uses despite its limitations.
>It got you here, anyway.
>Now that you're inside, you spy the addition of a smaller cauldron bubbling away on the coals.
>It seems Zecora started cooking up something new since you left.
>What shall you do?
>>
>>25485417
Shift everything several inches to the left, and make all the decorations uneven.
>>
>>25485417
Look around for stuff to mess with, but don't mess with what she's cooking. We don't want to blow the place up and she said she'd make us some painkillers
>>
>>25485417
Put her pillow outside.
>>
>>25485417
Turn all the masks backwards.

Write a note "from the masks" saying that Zecora is an ugly Zebra and they don't want to look at her anymore.
>>
>>25485559
>>25485551
>>25485446
>>25485431
>Someone once said with great power comes great responsibility.
>That someone was a comic book, which you don’t read because you’re not a nerd.
>Screw responsibility, they’re your powers, you’ll use them how you feel like.
>Grinning with glee, you set about giving Zecora a well deserved redecoration.
>You move her shelves inches to the left with vampony strength.
>You jostle some of her pictures slightly askew.
>You turn her masks around to face the walls, especially this colorful striped one that’s looking at you funny.
>You feel your hoof burn with intense pain the moment you touch it.
“Ahhhgghh!”
>The violent sensation sends you reeling onto your back as your hoof hisses and gives off acrid smoke.
>Gritting your teeth, you clutch your right foreleg and examine your hoof, finding it to be blackened and singed.
>The white zebra-like mask with multicolored stripes stares down at you sternly.
>It still stings where you touched it, with a pain that reminds you of the first time you touched sunlight after your transformation.
>Seems like you couldn’t accomplish your goal of overturning “every” mask, but you’ve still done enough to her hut to leave your mark before her hut decided to leave its mark on you.
>So what will you do next?
>>
>>25485801
Flutters' now?
>>
>>25485801
hahaha time for tea
>>
>>25485801
Goddamn trapped masks...

I know that flutters will have a shitfit about the injury, but Mango doesn't know that. Guess we'll just lie and say it was a sunlight burn caused by Twilight waking us up too early.
>>
>>25485801
Can we find a stick or something to finish the job?
>>
>>25485937
This
>>
>>25485937
You could attempt to knock it off, but taking down a heavy wooden mask, turning it around, and putting it back where it was facing the opposite direction using a stick seems like something that might not even be possible with hands.
>>
>>25486060
Nah, just knock it over.
>>
>>25486060
Meh, it's not that worth it.
>>
>>25486060
Oh whatever we've done enough.
>>
>>25486060
Didn't know how they were hung.
>>
>You glare up at the mask that seems to glare back.
“Hmpf. You aren’t worth it.”
>Best to cut your losses and retreat to Fluttershy’s place.
>Returning to your gaseous form, you slip through the gap in the wood and rematerialize on the other side, beating your wings strongly to propel you out of the forest.
>After a few minutes of gliding on the gentle currents of air blowing above the treetops, you swoop down to the back of an isolated cottage.
>You spy a few birds resting in nests and birdhouses set up around her place, while squirrels, mice, and other small critters dart around her cottage, scampering away when they spot you.
>Peeking in the windows, you catch a glimpse of the pegasus from earlier milling about the kitchen, tending to an earthenware teapot.
>After taking a quick look around in some of the other windows, you feel confident that she’s alone in there.
>It’s natural to be a little wary. Most of the new ponies you’ve met here have caused you nothing but trouble.
>It remains to be seen if Fluttershy follows this trend.
>After knocking on the door with your left hoof, Fluttershy answers the door with a smile that immediately turns to a frown when she gets a better look at you.
>>
>>25486397
>”Oh my goodness, your hoof! Please, come in and have a seat. I’ll go get something for that.”
>You step in as she rushes to a cabinet and grabs a first aid kit.
>Feeling a bit uneasy, you prepare a few answers for what you think are inevitable questions about the nature of your injury,
>But the only question she asks is “How much does it hurt from one to ten?”
>”Uh, six? Maybe?”
>Fluttershy pulls out a little tube and squirts a glob of white cream onto the burnt section of your lower leg, spreading it around with a gentle touch before wrapping it in white gauze.
>”It’s dangerous out there in the Everfree Forest. Please promise you’ll be careful.”
“Yeah, okay.” You answer reflexively.
>She goes to put away the first aid kit, bringing back a steaming teapot on a tray with a pair of cups.
>Fluttershy pours out a light golden liquid from the teapot, smelling slightly like flowers.
>”Just a bit of Chamomile, if that’s okay with you.”
“As long as you didn’t make it with holy water.”
>”Oh of course not!” She replies seriously. “You’re here as my guest. I wouldn’t dream of hurting you, I just want to get to know you a little better.”
>”I thought I could ask you a few questions over tea, to try and understand your situation.”
>”But I wouldn’t want to make you feel like this is an interrogation or anything, so if you have anything at all you’d like to ask me, just ask away.”
>Do you have anything you want to ask Fluttershy?
>>
>>25486405
No, I think this is nice. I haven't really had any time to just sit, drink some tea, and try and be a normal pony since... You know.
>>
>>25486405
Why not ask about her friends since we're most likely going to be interacting with them from now on.
>>
>>25486405
Just a joke, Miss Shy.
I would like to know why you've taken an interest in me.
>>
>>25486515
>>25486530
“Well, I guess there’s not too much I need to know. If anything, it’d be kind of nice to just sit and relax. I haven’t had a lot of time to do normal pony things since… you know.”
>Fluttershy nods understandingly.
>”It must be very difficult for you. You didn’t ask to become a vampire, did you?”
“It was an accident.” you explain. “Fierce Fang meant to kill me, but instead I became like this.”
>”And now you have to drink blood just to stay alive, right?”
“Right…”
>”I think it’s terrible that you were forced into being this way. That’s why I got so upset at Twilight…”
“Twilight? She’s your friend, right?”
>”For about twelve years now, yes. You’ve… probably heard of the Elements of Harmony before, right?”
“Here and there.”
>”We’ve got a very powerful friendship, the six of us. But even after all these years, it isn’t completely perfect.”
>Fluttershy looks away with guilt in her eyes. “Twilight means well… she really does. She feels like it’s her responsibility to make sure everything goes right. Sometimes that can make her a bit stubborn and controlling.”
“I’ve… noticed.”
>”But she truly does want what’s best for everypony. Including you, I’m sure. But I don’t think she’s really considering your feelings as much as she needs to.”
>>
>>25486782
>>25486782

“Is that why you invited me here?”
>Fluttershy nods her head, looking back up at you.
>”You’re very different from us. And I want to understand what you’re like, so I can help you if I can. And to do that, I need to see what you’re like with my own eyes instead of listening to what Twilight or Pinkie think of you.”
“Guess that makes sense.” you admit before trying a bit of the tea she poured for you.
>It gives off a calming fragrance, and has a light herbal flavor when you take a sip.
>”I suppose one of the big things I want to know about is that mission you accepted from Twilight.”
“What about it?”
>Fluttershy purses her lips as she thinks of how to phrase her question.
>"It's going to be dangerous, helping her go against those vampires in Canterlot."
>”Did you agree to do that for Twilight because you want to, and you think it’s the right thing to do?”
>”Or did you just agree because you thought you had to in order to survive?”

Someone else can pick up from here if they like.
>>
>>25487265
Mostly survival really. We already knew about the war and we were going to get pulled into it eventually. Twilight just made it a much more immediate concern.
>>
Survival, I guess dying from vampires is better then getting roasted by sun-light.
>>
>>25487265
I felt like I had to, really. I'd really rather not have to get involved with that, but, oh well.
>>
>>25487265
Maybe it was naive of me to think that I wouldn't get involved, and of course I'd rather not, but I don't really see many other options.

It's kind of a trap every way I go. If war breaks out, I'll be a target, no matter whose side I'm on. Traitor to my kind or just another fanged rat.

If some peace gets negotiated, the vampire who turned me will do what he can to end it. And if he dies, I die. In fact, he's so fanatic about vampires being above everypony else, he would kill me just for having this conversation.
>>
>>25487265
Survival mostly she promised us a supply of blood and safety in relative sense
>>
>>25487265
I don't really have any other options.
>>
>>25478766
>You were Mango, a Batpony
>This CYOA got ruined by batfags and their autistic batmemes right at the start
>>
>>25492386
Shiny!
>>
>>25492386
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE
>>
>>25492386
Hi shiny i missed you around theese threads
>>
>>25491988
>>
>>25493213
>>
bloops
>>
>>25494757
>>
bluh bluh
>>
bumps?
>>
QM pls come back
>>
>>25499631
I'll start back up when I wake up.
>>
File: Wut.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Wut.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>25499683
How are you writing that message if you're asleep...
>>
>>25500231
>>
>>25501401
>>
>>25502420
>>
>>25503612
>>
>>25504615
>>
>>25505237
>>
>>25490977
>>25490406
>>25489341
>>25488476
>>25487674
>>25487344
>There’s really no question in your mind about this.
“It’s because I have to. In order to survive, I don’t really have any other options.”
“There’s nowhere I can really run from this. Doing the right thing isn’t really something that ever crossed my mind.”
>Fluttershy listens patiently, taking a sip of her tea and frowning. “That’s what I was thinking. You don’t want to fight, do you?”
“Whether I want to or not, there doesn’t seem like any way to really avoid this.”
>The pegasus’s wings readjust themselves as she glances out the window, staring wistfully into the night.
>”I know a little bit about that. I’ve been forced into really dangerous situations against my will too.”
>”I found my own reasons to fight in the end...”
>Fluttershy’s eyes travel back to you, looking concerned. “But I think the position you’re in is just too cruel.”
>You stare down at your tea for a moment.
>This prompts another question from Fluttershy. “Umm… I was wondering. Speaking of survival, you need to drink blood to live, right?”
“That’s right.”
>”But it doesn’t have to be Pony blood?”
“If I drink other types they can keep me going, but it tastes awful and makes me feel sick. Sometimes I feel a little weaker too.”
>”Are you okay with that?”
“I already started keeping some blood from other species.”
>”But how long do you think you can keep doing that?” Fluttershy asks directly.
>”Twilight has her ideas… but I want to know how you feel about this. What if it turns out that non-pony blood won’t be able to keep you going? If it weren’t for us, would you start drinking from ponies again?”
>>
>>25506430
That's a tough one to answer. I mean, it's easy to sit and say no right now, but if the time comes, I might not be able to.
Do I want to kill another pony just so I can eat breakfast? Absolutely not.

What matters is that even if that does become a necessity, I don't have to kill or even hurt to do so.
But if I didn't have your help, would I take that pony blood without asking? Probably.
>>
>>25506430
Regardless of the source we'd rather get the blood without having to hurt anybody.
>>
>>25506430
Well yeah, it's not like we have to kill anyone to feed off them.
>>
>>25506517
This pretty much
>>
>>25506538
>>25506527
>>25506517

“I don’t want to have to kill ponies just to eat. I don’t want anypony to get hurt at all if possible.”
“But… if it was a necessity, I’d probably start drinking from ponies. I’d just try not to kill them.”
>The mare across from you drains down some of her chamomile tea, nodding placidly.
>”That’s good to hear. You seem like you’re a nice pony after all, Mango.”
“Thanks. I don’t know about nice though. I’m just kind of trying to get by.”
>”I know you are. Everything has to eat something. But I think Twilight’s being a little unreasonable.”
“How do you mean?”
>”Well…” Fluttershy replies, rubbing her hooves together. “She doesn’t want you to drink Pony blood ever.”
>Hearing that prospective future makes your throat feel a bit dry.
>You try to calm it with some more tea for the moment.
>”While you were asleep, she came to me and explained the situation, asking me if I could take some animal blood for you.”
>”I didn’t think that was right. I don’t see why we should inconvenience them and deny you what your body needs instead of just volunteering to give you our blood.”
>”But Twilight… it’s not that she’s a bad pony, but she gets a little too focused sometimes. And she ends up overlooking some important things. Like your comfort and safety.”
“She took away my guns too.” You add bitterly.
>”Mango… I don’t want you to suffer because of something you never asked to happen to you. Not if it can be helped.”
“What else is there to do?”
>Fluttershy looks up in thought. “Well, for starters… maybe you and I could talk to Twilight together. Try to get her to understand that she isn’t being fair with you, and that you deserve a choice.”
>”I don’t think you’re a bad pony, and I think once Twilight sees that, she’ll be willing to hear you out.”
>”So what do you think? Do you want me to go with you and talk this over with Twilight tonight?"
>>
>>25507232
We had a few other plans tonight, but if we can make time then it's best to resolve this problem quickly.
>>
>>25507232
I guess it's worth trying.
>>
>>25507333
>>25507368
“It’s worth a shot, I think. Probably best to take care of this quickly.”
>”Then we can go see her as soon as you finish your tea. She should be in the castle.”
>You take a moment to savor the last of your chamomile.
>Its mellow flavor helps calm your nerves.
>”Is your hoof going to be okay?”
“Yeah, it’s not really bothering me.”
>”That’s good. Let’s go see her before it gets too late.”
>You leave the house, Fluttershy opening the door for you politely, and take off to the castle alongside her.
>As you soar along the cool night breeze, Fluttershy glides next to you, trying to make conversation.
>”So if you do convince Twilight to let you go, will you be heading back to Las Pegasus?”
“It doesn’t seem like I’m really welcome there anymore.”
>Fluttershy looks concerned. “But what about your friends and family? Aren’t they going to wonder where you went? If you’re not going back there, then where will you go?”
>>
>>25508006
Vampires are very territorial, the only reason we're here is because everywhere else is already claimed. We'd probably be killed if we tried to live somewhere else..
>>
>>25508006
I dunno. There's nowhere else I could really think of going, but maybe there's something else I could do to earn my keep in Ponyville?
I am a lot stronger than I used to be, maybe construction or something along those lines.
>>
>>25508006
We should maybe write a letter.
>>
>>25509436
I dunno, we're kind of wanted by the cops in Las Pegasus, and that would be a trail.
>>
>>25508563
>>25508251

“Not really sure. There’s nowhere else I can think of going. Vampires are pretty stingy about their territory, so I might end up getting killed if I go somewhere else.”
>”Oh… that sounds awful.”
“I came here because I heard everywhere else was claimed. So maybe I’ll see if I can stay here.”
>”Is that what you want?”
“Maybe. I’m a bit stronger ever since I became like this. I could try to use that to get a job and earn a living.”
>”You don’t sound too sure. But I guess we’ll just see how things work out, right?”
>You nod to her as you approach the towering castle in the center of town.
>The two of you swoop down to the castle’s entrance, now blocked by a pair of guards.
>They eye you suspiciously, but Fluttershy quickly interjects, “It’s okay, she’s a friend of mine.”
>Their expressions soften, and they step aside to let you and Fluttershy in.
>The pegasus gives them a polite smile as you pass through and begin your trek up several flights of stairs, ending with a large door that you presume leads to Twilight’s quarters.
>”Here we are…” Fluttershy mutters, tapping the door once with her hoof.
>”Fluttershy? Come on in.” Twilight’s voice responds instantly.
>She opens the door, revealing Princess Twilight sitting at her desks with several books propped open by magic.
>One of them nearly drops from surprise when she spots you. “Mango? What are you doing with Fluttershy?”
>Fluttershy looks at you hopefully.
>What will you say to her?
>>
>>25509773
Well, the mission that I said I was going to do... I, uh, don't really want to do it.
>>
>>25509928
We need to be a bit more convincing than that...
>>
>>25509944
I was trying to think of what the meek, terrified of Twilight, scared vampire batpony would say.
>>
>You cough lightly to clear your throat.
>”I uh, well, the mission that I said I was going to do… I, uh, don’t… really want to do it.”
>Twilight’s gaze narrows, looking unimpressed.
>”Are you kidding me?”
>”You agreed to this, I’ve been trying to help you out by getting everything set up for you, and now you’re just backing out?”
>”Twilight, it’s just that we don’t think you’re being very fair here.” Fluttershy adds calmly.
>”Fair? I’m the one not being fair? Mango’s lucky she isn’t in jail right now, or worse.”
>”B-But she doesn’t want to hurt anypony!” Fluttershy stammers desperately. “She just wants to live a normal life again here in Ponyville. Why can’t we just let her have that?”
>”It’s completely out of the question, Fluttershy.” Twilight says sternly. “For all we know, she could still be a spy. Maybe she’s even hypnotized you.”
>”She wouldn’t do that!” Fluttershy protests.
>”And what makes you so sure? You barely even know Mango. Why are you taking her side on this?”
>Fluttershy’s head drops, looking defeated as she turns away.
>”I… I’m sorry.”
>”I just thought after everything she’s been through…”
>”She could really use a friend.”
>Fluttershy begins walking away, but you spot an almost imperceptible flinch from Twilight.
>As though Fluttershy’s words pierced right into her heart for a split second.
>But Fluttershy has lost the will to argue against her friend.
>She won’t be able to help you anymore.
>It’s pretty clear now.
>There’s nothing more that can be done.
>This is just how things are.
>That’s always how they are with you.
>You’ve never been anypony special.
>>
>>25511161
>Your so called “talent” didn’t help your fruit preserve store from tanking.
>No one rushed to your aid when you got evicted.
>So you just went with the flow, slowly watching your life spiral down the drain.
>That’s just how life is.
>Some ponies are destined to leave short pointless lives that end with them getting blackout drunk while a serial killer takes advantage of them and eats them.
>...
>But somehow, you’re still here.
>You didn’t die. Not exactly.
>You were granted a second chance. But why?
>Was it to trade one pointless life for another?
>That can’t be right, can it?
>Are you really just going to let your life slip into someone else’s hooves?
>Did you get these powers just so you could become Twilight’s tool? Or Fang’s toy?
>Will you really just let this slide?
>Or are you going to stand up for yourself for once in your life and fight against fate?
>Right now, you feel something stirring inside you.
>You may not be able to hypnotize Twilight. In fact, you feel like you’ve lost your ability to hypnotize anypony at the moment.
>But you feel like your words still have power.
>A power that can cut through Twilight’s tough exterior and strike at her heart, just as you saw Fluttershy do.
>You can sense Twilight’s vulnerability.
>Right now, you have an opportunity.
>If you fail, you might never be able to stand against Twilight again.
>But if you win, you will earn the chance to seize control of your destiny.
>Are you prepared to fight for your life?
>Will you take this chance to initiate Social Combat with Princess Twilight?
>>
We are literately the worst possible choice. Even if we are the only one, Its probably a terrible idea.
Go to jail for what?, We haven't killed anyone.
You'd have better luck just kicking down their front door with the royal guard.
>>
>>25511173
You know what? No.

I'm not going to do it. No matter what you do to me, I'm not going to be your pawn.
When Fluttershy came to the castle today, she invited me in for tea, and we just talked, gave me the chance to act like a normal pony again.

She's the only one who, knowing who I was, didn't treat me like some fanged pest who would drain a pony soon as look at them. Zecora, you, and to a lesser extent, Pinkie and Rarity, all kept me at arm's length, treated me like a murderer, some deceitful, bloodthirsty monster. In fact, you still are treating me that way, saying that I'm lucky not to be in jail or dead for existing, or that I've hypnotized Fluttershy.

But instead of looking at me with fear in her eyes, Fluttershy reached out to me, invited me in, and offered to be my friend, something that no one else has even thought of doing.

All I want to do is lead a normal life where I don't have to live in fear of the guard storming me while I sleep, and the last thing I see a royal guard's shimmering horn or the barrel of a gun.

No, I'm not going to have any part in your war, and that's my choice to make, not yours.
>>
>>25511463
>>25511321

“... No.”
“I won’t be your pawn!”
>Your harsh tones draw Twilight’s attention.
>She faces you, standing on guard as you reach within yourself draw the words from your heart!
“This is a terrible idea!”
>Twilight takes a quick step back. “What?”
“There’s no reason I should have to do something like this!”
>Twilight stays resolute, facing you down. “Do you really not get it?”
“I think you’re the one that doesn’t get it.”
>The two of you lock eyes.
>”If that’s how you think, feel free to prove me wrong.”
“Gladly.”
>Your debate has grown heated…
>In order to make Twilight listen, your will must overpower hers!

~~Social Combat~~

Allow me to explain!
Social Combat is what happens when two souls clash, creating a battlefield where words are power!
After your opponent makes their argument, you will have to retort with your own.
Then, the two of you will cross words until one of you breaks through the opponent’s argument, allowing your words to reach their heart!
Once someone has scored a hit, a new round begins, and the process is repeated. Simple, right?
Whether you’re right or wrong, only your skill with your words will decide who wins the argument!
But even if your opponent is a greater wordsman than you, don’t give up hope! They can still be overcome!
By using strong arguments and exploiting the enemy’s weak points, you will temper your words, gaining an “edge” during that round!
Still, don’t let your guard down. The enemy has options too!
They might have a secret up their sleeve that they could unleash as a ‘hidden blade’ to turn the tide, or a trap laid out for an expected argument, so be cautious!

This concludes the explanation of Social Combat for now. So without further ado!

Social Combat ENGAGE!
>>
>>25511611

Round One!

>Twilight faces you with a stern expression.
>”If you really don’t get it, I’ll tell you.”
>”You’re not as innocent as you want me to believe.”
>”It doesn’t matter if they tried to kill you. Stealing those guns was wrong.”
>”And even if you fought them in self-defense, draining blood from somepony after they’re no longer a threat is going too far.”
>”Can I really take you at your word that you won’t hurt anyone after seeing what you’ve done?”
>”You’ve already committed crimes… I’m doing you a favor by giving you an opportunity to prove that you’re different!”
>Twilight seems confident, but you’re sure her defenses aren’t nearly as solid as she’s acting.
>Now, how will you attack?

RETORT!
>>
Aww, I took the time to write all that and you didn't use any of it?
>>
>>25511638
I didn't expect you to come out swinging like that. But that's exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for here, so feel free to repurpose it where applicable.
>>
>>25511619
This is kind of a stupid mechanic.
>>
>>25511638
>>25511650
You can do it, Anon. I'm powerless here.
>>
>>25511650
This system requires anons to make good arguments.
>>
>>25511619
I will say that taking the guns was wrong, but I will not agree that the way I went about getting blood was going too far.
I took every single effort into making the way I take blood almost completely painless. The only pain she felt when she woke up was an itch and it left a little mark.
Of course I wish I didn't even have to do that, but I did what I had to in order to survive. Something that you, princess, have the power to help me with, if you were to supply me with blood.

And as for you seeing what I've done, look at how Zecora acted when she saw me. She held a knife to my throat, and told me if she ever caught word of drained ponies, if I betrayed her trust, she would end me.
Then what did she do? Turn around and tell you exactly where to find me.
What did you do? Corner me while I was sleeping, and basically interrogate me.

And being your pawn in a war isn't how I'm going to prove myself different, as I have done plenty to prove that already. My body's not meant to handle drinking animal blood, and it makes me feel sick, terrible, weak, but I've lived solely off of it since I got here and before, and every moment I've had the chance to use my powers on another pony, hypnotize them, feed, I've denied the temptation. And while you're saying that I have to be the one to prove myself to you, Fluttershy has been the only one who's reached out and offered me a hoof up.
She invited me in, offered me tea, and was the only one to actually treat me like a normal pony, as a friend, rather than just another monster or just a tool.

I never wanted any part in any fight, that's why I ran away from Las Pegasus, from a vampire who saw himself above ponies, above vampires who wanted peace, ponies like how I am now, like those vampires who were incinerated by Celestia when Luna was banished. I refuse to run from that life of killing, murdering, feeding, just to join the other side. I don't want to be on anyone's side, and you've taken that choice away from me.
>>
>>25511910
Exactly 2000 characters, by the way.
>>
>>25511611
>~~Social Combat~~
I'm sorry but I think this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>25512006
I agree. There was no need to make this some special
>You draw the words from your heart and use them as weapons!
mechanic

Just make Twilight say a thing, we say a thing in response, you don't need a fucking round/point system.
>>
>>25512006
>>25512056
I thought it made things sound fun.
I'm just not going to be able to come up with good things to say for it.
>>
>>25512056
Is your problem more about how over the top it is, or the needless mechanical complexity?
>>
>>25512097
Both.
>>
>>25512097
Players generally don't like gimmicky mechanics, especially when they're blatantly shown to the players.
>>
>>25512100
More than understandable. It's really just supposed to be a weird one time thing though. I intended to wrap it up quickly and then never bring it up again.

>>25512129
I always figured I had weird players in the past. I'll keep this in mind for the future.
>>
>>25512167
We could always go the Panzermane route and play chess to see who wins :^)
>>
>>25512167
Honestly its way too complex for most players some might be good at arguing but most arent
>>
>>25512214
Meh, I kind of like writing long-winded posts as the MC, but the mechanic's a bit pointless.
>>
>>25512225
Aye I get you I personally like battles where I can put some strataegy at work
Arguments aren't my better side though
>>
>>25512214
I actually meant for it to be something simpler, but I got a little overexcited and put too much out there. I'll try to learn my lesson from this. Next time I'll see about keeping more on the back end instead of putting it out there so blatantly.
>>
>>25512359
Sounds like a plan.

Though I'm headed to bed now, so I'll type up the next long-winded retort tomorrow morning.
>>
>>25512393
Actually I meant for multiple rounds to exist because I wanted the players to deliver a single good point against her arguments. But given the way that guy kind of went all out there, I think there's really enough material to just play the rest of it out right here, if that's alright.
>>
>>25512412
Yes.
>>
>>25512412
Yup go for it
>>
>>25512412
>tfw Anon one-shot Twi
Well done
>>
>>25511910
>Forging an arsenal of words in your mind, you feel as though you’ve gained an edge in the argument.
“I’ll say that taking the guns was wrong, but I did what I had to to get blood, and I don’t think I did things wrong.”
“I did everything in my power to make the way I take blood as painless as possible.”
>”I know, but…” Twilight trails off, unsure.
“But even that, I only did because I had to. If you helped supply me with blood, I wouldn’t have to do those things.”
>Twilight is silent as your words crash over her, taking a moment to recover before speaking back up.
>”Even so, how can we really trust you?” She asks suspiciously.
“You didn’t even give me a chance to be trusted!”
“Since I got here I was threatened, turned in, cornered, and interrogated.”
>”I was just doing my duty investigating her claims!” Twilight fires back.
>”I’ve been trying to do everything I can to make this work for you.”
“But you’re still trying to force me to drink something my body’s not meant to handle.”
>Twilight’s expression shifts to one of guilt.
“The only one who’s been trying to really make things work is Fluttershy.”
“She reached out to me, invited me in, and treated me as a friend instead of a tool.”
>Twilight purses her lips tightly.
>”I was just…”
>She seems wounded by your words.
>It’s time to end this.
“I never wanted to join this fight. I came to ponyville to get away from this fight.”
“To get away from a vampire who treated ponies as nothing but food. Who thought himself superior to the ones who wanted peaceful coexistence.”
“I refuse to run away from that life of slaughtering ponies just to join the other side.”
“I came here so that I wouldn’t have to join a side.”
“Until you took that choice away from me.”
>With her flimsy argument torn apart, your decisive words cut deep.
>She hangs her head in defeat.
>>
>>25512499

>”I was just trying to help…” she mutters.
>”I thought that if you helped me do this… maybe I could convince Celestia to let you be.”
>”If you proved that not all vampires were bad, she might reconsider her stance.”
>”But… that was a stupid idea.”
>”There’s no way I could convince Celestia to give you a chance if I couldn’t even give you one myself.”
>Twilight shakes her head out and looks you in the eye again.
>”I’m so sorry, Mango.”
>”I thought I was helping you, but I just ended up causing you a bunch of trouble.”
>”Fluttershy was right. I was being a complete-”
>”I-It’s okay!” Fluttershy interrupts with a nervous smile.
>”I still would like your help…” Twilight continues. “But if your answer is no, then I’ll just have to deal with that.”
>Princess Twilight extends a hoof to shake.
>”So how about we try this again? Tell me what it is you do want. And I promise I'll listen this time.
>>
>>25512359
I get what what you were going for. It's got that Undertale feel to it. It's just a little too lighthearted for the situation.
>>
>>25512510
Well twilight won't try to force us now we still need her her help with legalizing guns and finding a job but we don't have to risk our life ?
>>
>>25512510
A home.
>>
>>25512545
I'll admit I played undertale and loved it, but this was more inspired by Phoenix Wright or Danganronpa or Deus Ex: HR's conversation system if anything. Although I was listening to "but the world refused to die" during >>25511173
>>
>>25512585
I feel it.
>>
>>25512510
A safe home, a means of getting food and a job. As for the mission, we'd need to know more. Why does it have to be a vampire? Who exactly would we be talking too? How did you find them.
>>
>>25513331
>>
>>25513934
>>
>>25512585
I actually rather enjoyed this idea, got a Danganronpa feel from it immediately. I can see why it wouldn't work in this context though, we change writers too often for something like this to be useful.
>>
>>25512510
I'm not opposed to helping, if there's something we can do indirectly like provide information. All we really want is as normal a life as we can manage; shelter, sustenance, safety, maybe company once in a while.

Oh, and our guns. They kept us not dead more than once, I don't think it's unfair to ask for ONE of them to defend ourselves with, given the, uh, "exceptional circumstances" we're in currently.

Maybe later we ask about an adventurer license, so when we find things like guns and such, we don't have to worry about the law stepping on our toes?
>>
>>25513331
>>
get the fuck out of here page 9
>>
>>25516391
>>
>>25516391
Page 9 is bad but page 10 man that's a nightmare
>>
>>25507232
>>25512576
>>25512617
>>25515131
"I really just want to be treated like a pony. I need things that ponies need. Shelter, food, protection."
>You'd like company sometimes too, but hopefully that can come with time.
>Twilight can't force ponies to befriend you, after all.
>"Well, I'm not sure about employment. Most work done in Ponyville is done in the sunlight. However, I do think we can visit the hospital to negotiate for proper, uh nourishment for you."
>She looks a bit uneasy at that thought.
>"As for protection, I know you mean your weapons. I know you're eager, but I'm afraid I must insist you stick to the laws here. I can find someone to teach you and help you pass the test though. I can also write the one's I seized off as "bought back" That means no formal inquiry into them, and I will give you 20 bits for each."
"You're welcome to stay in this castle if that's what you wish. If you wanted a place in town you'd need to talk to the individual landlords, but I might be able to subsidize your rent, at least until you get a steady job."
>"Are you totally opposed to working for me? That could be your employment."
"I'm not totally opposed, but if I do you cannot keep me in the dark."
>Ok, so literally you should be kept 'in the dark' but she knows what you mean.
>"I'm glad I haven't pushed you entirely away. I really was trying to do what was best..."
>"Oh, I'm so glad that this is all working out. I know that you're just trying to look out for everypony, Twilight, but sometimes the little things need attention too." Fluttershy beams.
>The yellow pegasus doesn't seem the type that enjoys conflict, but you're glad that she brought this up.
>Twilight looks back to you
>"What do you want to know about the mission? The main job will be to infiltrate the group of suspected Vampires and report back. I don't expect you to fight them, just report on what they're doing."
>>
>>25519534
How did you find out about them? If vampires aren't good at keeping secrets they tend to die.
>>
>>25519534
How do you know about them, and why haven't they just been, you know, hunted?
>>
>>25519599
"How did you find the Vampires? Vampires that are known tend to die. And when you found them why not, you know, just kill them?"
>"Not easily, or without sacrifice. I'm close to the Captain of Canterlot's Guard. In fact, he's my brother Shining Armor, and we both know Celestia enough to know that her reaction to the news of Vampires has been," she gulps "less than level headed. She might throw away our best lead to get information for simple justice. So only he and I and select few guardponies know."
>"This all started when my brother sent an agent to Las Pegasus last week to investigate possible Vampire activity."
>"One pony was certainly murdered by a Vampire, and two were suspected."
>She looks at her hooves.
>"The agent was sadly killed, with obvious signs that a Vampire was responsible. However, his notes were recovered and pointed to a Canterlot stallion as a Vampire ringleader. It mentioned that he held meetings between Vampires once a year. We've attempted to shadow this stallion, but he seems to always elude the agent assigned to him."
>"Shining Armor was going to try and capture the Vampire that had attacked in Las Pegasus and force it to do this, but if you were to help us then that dangerous mission wouldn't need to be carried out."
>>
>>25519856
Sounds like he found Fang and that note was planted to implicate his enemies.
>>
>>25519856
I have my own suspicions.

If the vampire in Las Pegasus is the same one that turned me, that would end in tragedy. He's ancient, experienced, and mad. His age is comparable to the princesses, from what he's told me.
If you end up catching him, it's because he wants to be caught.
>>
>>25519901
>>25519970
Fluttershy puts her hoof on your shoulder.
>"You were a victim in Las Pegasus too, right?"
"Yeah. That agent was likely killed by the Vampire that turned me, Fierce Fang. He's ancient and powerful. He might have simply planted that note on the dead agent too, he's not too fond of the Canterlot Vampires. You wouldn't be able to capture him unless he wanted you to."
>Twilight seems shocked at first, but soon launches into a torrent of questions.
>"You talked to this Fang Vampire? He's the murderer in Las Pegasus? How old is he? Did he say anything about attacking Equestria? He knows about the Canterlot Vampires? How can we find him?"
"He's uh... at least as old as the Princesses..."
>Fluttershy flaps her wings somewhat defiantly.
>"Twilight, you might want to give her some time to answer..."
>>
>>25520195
Attacking Equestria as a whole, not so much.
He sees ponies as beneath him, just slaves and food. From what he's told me, the Canterlot vampires want to coexist with ponies, and Fang wants them wiped out for being traitors.

As for finding him, there is one little annoyance preventing me from telling you. Since he's the one that turned me, I'm bound to his life. If he dies, I die.
>>
>>25520195
He's based in Las Vegas and he's against peaceful relations.
And I'd rather not say anymore. He's not someone we can handle as an enemy, and he's already gotten the better of us twice.
>>
>>25520242
>I'm bound to his life. If he dies, I die.
I don't remember that rule.
>>
>>25520283
I think he mentioned it while we were at his place.
Then again he could easy have been bullshitting.
>>
>>25520283
It's a pretty common part of the vampire legend, but actually, we got a 50/50 shot.

http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25037569/#25048364
>Legends say that if a vampire is killed, all the ponies they turned will die as well. Other variations say the vampirism is cured if the head vampire dies.
>>
>>25520195
Las Pegasus is his territory and he told us that Ponyville was the only unclaimed territory. He's only against the Vampires who want to live peacefully, but he also considers all ponies to be nothing more than food. He wont be found unless he wants to be. He's to experienced to leave bodies, we're the one who killed those 3. The first one was before we realized we were a vampire and the 2 others were the ones we got 2 of the guns from.
>>
>>25520339
>admitting to being the murderer
Anon, no
>>
>>25520349
If the investigation leads to Ponyvile then we'll have to answer then. Best to clear the air now and be able to either stop the investigation or direct it somewhere else.
>>
>>25520373
Anon. It's admitting to murder.
>>
>>25520391
Admitting to killing when we had no control over the situation and when we were defending ourself from hardened criminals. We still have that diamond dog to answer for and there's no way to pretend we didn't do that.
>>
>>25520438
Also it isn't really that hard to figure out if you think about it. Two vampires in the same city, but one of them has been successfully hiding their presence for centuries (at least) and the other one becomes a vampire at about the same time that three vampiric murders occur.
>>
>>25520242
>>25520274
>>25520283
>>25520323
>>25520339
>>25520349
>>25520391
>Part of you wants to fess up to those killings.
>Maybe they'd understand.
>Maybe they wouldn't...
>You decide to keep it to yourself for now. If they think Fang did it, you figure that's close enough.
"Fang sees ponies as beneath him. I don't think he has plans beyond keeping his status quo. He does very much disagree with the Canterlot Vampires, who he claims want to coexist with ponies. He views that as traitorous and wants to kill them."
>"Ok, well do you know where he's based? Is he connected to the gangs that are terrorizing Las Pegasus?"
"Gangs? As far as I know, no. He'd never work with ponies, from what he told me. What do you mean that gangs are terrorizing Las Pegasus?"
>"Oh, I thought you'd know. Two of those murder victims were highly ranked Gang members. Usually they're not so violent, but I guess the gangs assumed a rival was responsible. A lot of our attempts to investigate this vampire issue are getting thwarted by the gang violence."
>"Luckily it's also kept Celestia rather busy. I hate to be so blasé about a tragedy, but it's a double edged sword."
"Well, I'd love to tell you more about Fang, but I'm also concerned. From what I read if you kill him, it might kill me as well. The legends are contradictory."
>"But you do know more?"
"Even if I told you where he was that would be walking into a deathtrap."
>Twilight sighs.
>"I don't want to just kill him. But I know I can't force you to tell me..."
>"Well, even if Fang planted this evidence, we need to follow up and see if it's good intel."
>"Again, I don't want you to fight anypony, or put yourself in harms way. This is just a fact gathering mission. Have you decided if you want to work for me?"
>>
>>25520775
Considering who turned us we'll get in contact with them eventually, might as well be on our terms.
>>
>>25520775
You disregarded my entire argument for telling them.
>>
>>25520775
Sure.
It's probably a good idea for us to know what's going on there anyway.
>>
>>25520868
Of course he did. It was one in favor and one opposed. You shouldn't expect an action like that to go through on a tie. I would have broken it with a "no" too if I felt it was necessary, because telling them we killed ponies is probably not a good idea. Even if it was during a confusing time in our unlife.
>>
>>25521083
I was referring to:
>>25520438
>>25520592
When a argument occurs I consider the last one to make a point to be the one who won the argument. Either because nobody cares enough to argue or the other person refuses to admit defeat, but has nothing to add.
>>
>>25521169
While I'm QM this CYOA will be governed by consensus, not on people 'winning' the argument. One is objective and the other is subjective.
>>25520975
>>25520851
"I'll do it. I'll probably end up tangled up in this is some way. Might as well be on my terms."
>Twilight beams.
>"I'm glad to hear that."
>"Did you need anything else from me?"
>Fluttershy gives you a glance, but shrinks when you meet her gaze.
>>
>>25521250
If I'm really going to do this for you, could you tell me more about that Adventurer's License thing you mentioned earlier? It sounds like having one of those might be helpful.
>>
>>25521250
Does Fluttershy want to say something?
>>
>>25521250
I think she's already done plenty.
>>
>>25521457
>>25521480
>>25521516
"I did want to ask about that Adventurer's license you mentioned. Beyond that I'm fine."

>"Oh, well there's a chartered guild in town that takes on those bounties, you might have noticed them right outside my door. They have a bit of a reputation though. Guard Ponies like my brother tend not to like them, but.."
>Fluttershy murmurs something you don't quite catch.
>"Well they keep the farms safe, at least. It's a good place to get weapons certification and their training is free."

>"If that's all, I do have to keep up on my research. I'm glad you stopped by, both of you."
>"Thank you Twilight.," Fluttershy says sweetly. "I think that we all know that this is a far better way to get somepony to help you, right Mango?"
>You agree and thank both of them.
>As you leave the castle Fluttershy says that she needs to feed her nocturnal 'friends' and flutters off.
>The night is still young, what does Mango do?
>>
>>25521822
Check in with Rarity and find out where that place we can get a bed is.
>>
>>25521822
Mission is in 2 days yes?
>>25521901
We could do what this anon said then check farms maybe
>>
>>25521822
Do the adventurer's guild post the actual bounties on that board? Might bear checking to see what they consider "worth their time", I think if nothing else a group like theirs would make us less noticeable as a vampony if we were part of it.

But for now, let's get the bed situation sorted.
>>
>>25521901
>>25522224
>>25522482
The meeting is 4 nights from now. You'd probably want to leave before the night of the meeting, but the specifics are up to you all.
>You take another look at the bounty board, it's not far from here.
>The bounties were posted fairly randomly, and all bared Solar or Lunar guard seals.
>You notice one poster covered by the others.
>It's actually a flier for the Adventurer's Guild.
>"Do you want fame and glory! Bits and Adventure?"
>You have to pull off one of the bounties to read the rest, including an address to the guild hall. Guards must have stapled over the flier...
>"With a whole guild at your back no bounty is too great."
>Under that line in print you aren't sure you could read if you weren't a Vampire are various legal disclaimers.
>"Injuries upto death caused by participation in Guild activities are NOT covered under Equestrian free healthcare. The Guild will pay any and all funeral costs."
>I guess they do have a vested interest in keeping you alive...
>You tuck the flier into your saddlebag and head to Rarity's Boutique.
>As you enter you're greeted by not only Rarity but also the large purple form of Spike.
>"Hello, Darling. I assume you're here for your order?"
>"I'm afraid I'm not quite done with it, but I do have the curtains. I know those are a bit more important for somepony like you."
>Spike, overhearing, interjects. "Uh, you know bat ponies aren't actually nocturnal, right Rarity?"
>Rarity glares at Spike, who just shrugs.
>"Hey I mean you wanna be racist you can, ain't my business."
>>
>>25523229
It's a medical condition.
>>
>>25523229
I'm uh sensitive to bright sun
>>
>>25523278
>>25523522
"It's uh, just a medical thing..."
>The dragon cringes a bit at his own actions
>"O-oh, guess I shouldn't have assumed..."
>Rarity chuckles, "Well, you know what they say about assuming, Spiky."
>"Anyway, do you want those now, or wait for the full set? Did you ever go to Mr. Davenport's establishment?"
>>
>>25523574
We need the curtains tonight and we were planning on getting the bed next.
>>
>>25523597
Yeah this
>>
>>25524721
>>
>>25523574
Dumb presumptuous dragons.
>>
P8g 9
>>
>>25524721
>>
Asshurt mods i got banned on phone for posting porn
How the hell will i bump the thread at job now?
>>
>>25526685
You can change your phone's IP by using airplane mode.
>>
>>25526722
Wouldn't that trigger ban evasion though?
>>
>>25527204
A smartphone's IP address is randomly assigned to a phone. Every time you switch airplane mode off you'll get a new IP address based on where your at, which could have been used and blocked because of somebody else. As long as your able to switch the IP address your phone will be unblockable.
>>
>>25527241
Intressing didn't know this before
I got pretty spooked though a long ban would mean i could use post from wi fi and not a whole lot of that here
I'm a shitty country
>>
>>25527258
Wi-fi has it's own IP address separate from a phone. If your doing something that could be banable you need to disconnect from wi-fi first. Routers also have their own IP address.
>>
>>25527301
As far as my understanding goes your phone uses wi fi's aka router's IP not it's own for doing internet activities
>>
>>25523574
Been a bit preoccupied with Twilight's inquisitiveness, among other things, so I haven't managed to stop and shop yet. I'd greatly appreciate the curtains for the time being, thanks for being so understanding of my needs Rarity.
>>
beb
>>
>>25528179
>>
>>25523597
>>25523999
>>25527624
"I've been a bit busy with Twilight. Doing that mission and all..."
>"Ah right, Twilight can be quite demanding..."
"But, yes, I'd like those curtains as soon as possible."
>Rarity nods and heads back into her shop.
>She returns with a large dark green bundle.
>"I decided to use a cotton velvet since I think the shimmer complements your.."
>She seems to struggle a bit with the bulk of the package, but Spike extends a claw and scoops it up.
>"Heh, thank you Spiky."
>The dragon rolls his eyes a bit.
>You're not sure how Rarity is comfortable with such a thing in her boutique, but it is useful...
>Of course she's also not too concerned about the Vampire across the counter.
>"As I was saying, I think the velvet complements your mane style and color and I've added some embroidery of your Cutie Mark across the top and bottom."
>"I do hope you like it"
>>
>>25529249
Oh, cool. These are probably the best curtains we've ever had.
>>
>>25529325
"Wow, these are probably the nicest curtains I've ever had."
>"Thank you Darling. Now, don't worry about payment until I get the rest done."
>The package is heavy and bulky, but you have no real trouble lifting it.
>You probably can't fly with it though.
>What does Mango do?
>>
>>25529643
Spike seems friendly, how about we ask him for help? He is close to at leas 2 ponies that know our secret so he might find out eventually anyway.
>>
>>25529643
Can't think of anything else that needs doing in town. Guess we can head back.
>>
>>25529725
"Hey, uh Spike, you think you could carry that to my place for me?"
>He twists his neck at Rarity
>"You don't need me here do you?"
>She chuckles "I'm fine Spike, you should help her."
>"Alright then, yeah. Uh, where do you live?"
"I'm staying in that old Castle in the Everfree, actually."
>"Oh, what? Does Twilight know about-"
>Rarity clears her throat. "She's fine, Spike, she's helping Twilight with some things."
>"Huh, ok well I can drop these off then. Where do you want them?"
>You tell him just to put them on the tower balcony.

>>25529909
>You could go to the Quills and Sofa's place, or maybe check out that Adventurer's Guild. You could go back, but it's night and one of the few times you're not in danger just being outside.
>>
>>25529937
To the beds. Also remember to thank Spike for his help.
>>
>>25529937
Beds then, as long as it's still open.
>>
>>25529971
>>25530046
>You thank spike for his help as you leave.
>He smiles a sharptoothed grin before lumbering toward the Everfree.
>You head on to Quills and Sofas.
>The stallion right inside seems to be reading to close up, but welcomes you in as you approach.
>"Hello, miss. I'm afraid we're about to close, but if you need something now I'd be glad to help."
"I was looking for beds, or I guess mattresses more specifically."
>"Well I have a few packed and ready. We've got several straw stuffed option for the budget minded, but we also have many spring mattresses. We've also got a new Enchanted Foam mattress imported from the Crystal empire. You'll sleep like the dead on one of those!"
>He guffaws at his own joke.
>>
>>25530346
What's the prices and how much do we have? How much did we owe Rarity?
>>
>>25530346
Prices?
>>
>>25530406
>>25530454
>You owe Rarity 80 bits for the full package of bedding.
>You have 217 bits on you. They're starting to get kinda heavy, infact.
>You ask the Stallion for Prices.
>"Well, that depends on the size of the bed."
>The old bed frame in the tower was fairly large. Somewhere in the Queen or King range.
>"Of course you could order a new bed frame, but that will take a few days to be made."
>He hands you a price sheet.
>The king Straw Mattress will be 60 bits
>Spring would be 150
>Foam is 600
>For a new bed, full sized it would be 40, 90, and 300 respectively, but it would take a few days. And of course the frame itself is 30 bits.
>>
>>25530733
I'm sure the straw would do for now. We can always upgrade down the line.
>>
>>25530831
"I'll just take the straw mattress for now."
>-60 bits
>157 remaining
>"Nothin wrong with that, miss. Just so you know, you will want to change out the straw every week or so. You could also fill it with feathers, but those are pretty expensive, better off with a Spring at that point."
>He disappears into the back of the store, returning with a large wooden crate balanced on his back.
>"I'd be happy to bring this to your home, miss, you're new in town, right? All ways love to meet the new folk."
>>
>>25531072
We should try to take this one ourselves.
>>
>>25531072
Hmm, I doubt he'd be so keen once he knew where. Tell him we appreciate it but we'll take it ourself.
>>
>>25531072
I appreciate the offer, Mr. Davenport, but the place I'm staying at right now is in shambles; I'd rather get myself situated before I show it to anyone. Thank you, though.
>>
>>25531138
>>25531154
>>25531166
"Oh, uh, thank you, but I'm still trying to tidy up. And it's just far too long to make you walk, Mr. Davenport."
>He shrugs
>"If you insist, miss."
>He slides the crate to you. It's not light, but you're managing. You certainly can't fly like that.
>>
>>25531258
Lets take it home.
>>
>>25531258
Drop it off.
>>
>>25531296
>>25531313
>Heading out of town and into the Everfree isn't a pleasant journey.
>It's even less pleasant when you start to hear snarling and yelling.
>Up the path you see a flash of light and a loud whimper, like somepony had just kicked a dog.
>What does Mango do?
>>
>>25531527
Drop the box and fly over.
>>
>>25531527
Give it a look. Stealthily.
>>
>>25531577
>>25531911
>You set your crate down and investigate.
>Swooping up and landing in a nearby tree you see a Unicorn filly, or perhaps just a small mare, surrounded by Timber Wolves.
>When one lunges at her the unicorn charges her horn and hits it with a stream of flame.
>The wolf whimpers and breaks apart, but reforms a few feet back, missing just a few charred twigs.
>She tries to blast it again but her horn sputters and sparks with no result.
>"Oh no..."
>The wolves circle and snarl.
>>
>>25532152
She's small and they can't fly. Let's get her out of there.
>>
>>25532152
We can probably carry her, hopefully? Or at very least clear the path back to town where she'd be safe. We need to resolve this quickly, to make sure Spike's not dealing with the same thing.
>>
>>25532226
>>25532491
>You could easily carry her, so you swoop in to make a rescue.
>Unfortunately, the wolves notice your attempts and onn makes a perfectly time leap, clamping onto your wing.
>He just gets the fleshy bits, but it's a burning pain and knocks you to the ground.
>Another wolf Leaps into the fray, its jaws inches from you face, only blocked by your own hooves.
>The little Pony screams "Oh, my Celestia!" as the other two wolves try to cut her off from you.
>She attempts to shoot fire to save you, but the stream of fire hits your mane, cutting one of your pigtails clean off.
>The acrid smell of burning hair fills your nostrils, but it looks like just the bit that fell is burning.
>At least, you don't feel any fire on your head.
22/30 HP
>>
>>25532681
Well that went to shit fast...
Uhh... try and recover?
>>
>>25532681
Fine, the wolf that's on top of us right now needs to go.

It didn't pin our forelegs, so punch that fucker in the face.
>>
We need a dagger or a mace or something.
>>
>>25532735
If only we didn't waste so much time on guns and trained physical combat instead.
>>
>>25532768
I told you fuckers to be ready for anything.
And now we're wrestling fucking timber wolves.
>>
>>25532735
From the way the situation played out, I think we got pretty unlucky.

We got injured pretty badly and knocked to the ground in one hit, our ability to flee all but taken away from us, then got hit by friendly fire.
If those weren't both critfails or very close, then the system needs to be reworked.
>>
>>25532806
Everything that could go wrong did. The only thing that want right is that all of our bits are still attached.
>>
>>25532724
>>25532710
>You hold the wolf off with one hoof and rear back, striking with the other.
>The wolf's head is shattered, sending twigs flying everywhere.
>It reforms, but looks dazed. The glow in it's eyes flickers.
>The one that clipped your wing turns back and swipes you with its claws across your flank.
>It tears ragged lines into your flesh.
>Luckily the pony you were trying to save is there to help, and the wolf gets a face full of fire.
>It collapses in a heap of ashes, with only a glowing green core remaining.
>The other wolves seem terrified of the flame, they bark, hop back but continue circling.
17/30 HP
>>25532806
two Crit successes for the wolves, critfail for the Unicorn last turn
>>
>>25532871
Try and hit the core if we can without getting burnt.
>>
>>25532871
If you're rolling a D6, you definitely shouldn't be. 16.6% chance to crit either way is too much.

And if it's a D20, then shit.
>>
File: 300px-Gigantic_Press.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-Gigantic_Press.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
>>25532871
Smash the shit out of that core.
>>
>>25532891
>>25532907
These.
>>
>>25532891
>>25532907
agreed; if smashing the core doesn't scare them off, see if we can focus whichever one looks biggest. Beat the alpha (if it exists) and they may back off.
>>
File: 1398212216543.png (187 KB, 980x198) Image search: [Google]
1398212216543.png
187 KB, 980x198
>>25532871
>17/30 HP
>>
>>25532902
>You smash the glowy green thing.
>It crunches satisfyingly, but you get sap all over your hooves.
>The unicorn seems very displeased.
>"What are you... WHY!?"
>"You just smashed 40 bits!"

It was a d20, physical too. It rolled 20, 1, 20
>>
>>25532891
>>25532907
>>25532939
Are you guys talking about the core that was revealed or the cores still in the other timber wolves? We shouldn't waste energy on the core of the dead one.
>>
>>25533052
That was idiotic.
>>
>>25533052
Oh, looks like all of this trouble is because she's after the bounty.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.