[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mendacity CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: 1445040806625.png (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445040806625.png
97 KB, 600x600
Finally updating edition.

Catch up here:
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/mendacity/

>Last time you read some spoopy stories about local folklore and decided that you didn't want to deal with this shit, planning to make your escape to the distant township. You looted a tool shed for weapons and stood guard overnight. After seeing some signs that the spirits had reached the area you had a restless nights sleep and planned out your route over breakfast.

>--------------------------------

“Normally I cut through some of the backfield paths but with this fog I don't think we should take any chances of getting turned around. We'll stick to the road, at least for the start.”
>Shining nods thoughtfully as you loot another slice of toast from Windy's hoard, “Alright then. Like I said, we're ready to go as soon as we finish up breakfast so eat up, The road meanders it's way into town so this will take longer than it rightly should”
>”We'll take stops if we need to, I know you and Windy won't be as comfortable slogging around on your hooves” Spring says as she begins to pack away some of the leftover dry foods, “We'll have plenty of food if you get peckish”
>As Spring reaches for the remaining toast Windy plucks one last piece off the pile, buttering it she places it on your plat, “You can't go out there on two pieces of toast dad, eat. You missed a whole day, remember? You have to keep your strength up”
>Leaning against your daughter you kiss the crown of her head, “Don't you worry about me dear, your dads a tough old pony”, pausing you take a quick bite of your toast, “But thank you all the same, with you looking out for me what can go wrong?”
>Giggling Spring rounds the table and ushers Windy into the next room, “Come on honey, let your dad eat. Now come help me with the saddlebags”
>>
>Finishing your meal in silence you take a moment to mull the situation over your coffee, you had used the roads into town several times in the past, mostly when you had to unload an extra cart in the market when the shopkeepers couldn't buy up your whole stock. With a cart at your back and the extra distance from your home to Shinings the trip was usually a multi-day affair that required you to camp out somewhere along the path.
>From Shinings, the trip would be shorter and without a heavy cart behind you, you should make good time, providing Windy and Shining could keep up. It would be dangerous to exhaust them if you ended up running into trouble though.
>Sighing, you finish your mug and join your family in the main hall. Shining and Spring were already loaded down with supplies while Windy had once more donned her pot hat.
>Reaching for your sword and bags, Windy appears next to you in a flash “Am I not carrying anything? I can take something for you”
“Not right away honey, we'll carry supplies in shifts”
>Windy smiles and nods while you silently promise yourself that she wouldn't carry anything heavier than that pot if you can help it.
>Saddling up you move to the front of your little group
“Everyone ready?”
>Three nods respond as you push open the outside door and step out into the dimly lit fog. Somewhere out there the sun was cresting the horizon but under the cover of the thickening mist everything was still a gray blur.
>>
File: spoop 57.png (352 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 57.png
352 KB, 900x900
>The world is silent save for the crunch of hooves on loose gravel, turning to look over your shoulder you see Windy directly behind you, followed by Spring who was positioning herself so your daughter would always be between the two of you. Shining brought up the rear of your party and despite being only a few body lengths away the fog was already obscuring him. You could barely make out the motion of his swivelling ears as he tracked the area for the slightest misplaced sound.
>Turning off the end of Shining's path, your hooves meet the packed earth of the road proper. Beside you is a wide open field of tall grasses and the first obstacle you would have had to pass if you had tried to meet up with the backwoods paths. Looking over the field you can't even see the hilly backdrop that you know is behind it.
>Shining sidles up to you as you turn back towards the road, “Listen I was thinking. We've got two of those coin things right? Yours and mine. Who do you think should hold on to these things? Those monsters completely ignored me when I had it, we should probably give them to the girls, if something goes wrong the two of us can fight but” A loud cough interrupts Shining's speech and you both turn to see Spring glaring at him, “...But Spring will have to make sure Windy gets away. If we give them the coins, we'll know they're safe” Shining continues in a low whisper.
[?]
>>
>>25478325
Windy should take one for obvious reasons.
Shining should take the other because he can fly. We earth ponies can't really attack those flying monsters without throwing something at them. If we throw the coin in this fog then we might not be able to find it again.
>>
>>25478445
>>25478325
Also it's good to see you back again, Craft
>>
>>25478325
>>25478445
This sounds reasonable.
>>
>>25478325
>>25478445
Confirming
>>
>>25478325
Us and Spring. Remember to take the stones.
>>
>>25478325
Shining once again being the most chivalrous motherfucker around.
>>
File: spoop 58.png (85 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 58.png
85 KB, 900x900
“Keep hold of yours, you didn't see it but that thing we ran into on the road could fly. We managed it by running into the woods and even then Spring had to bullseye it out of the air. With this fog it wouldn't be a great idea for us to have to make a run for the tree-line and potentially get separated. I'd rather you had it and ran interference”.
>”Alright, and yours?”
>Shining follows your gaze as you turn to look at your daughter
“She'll take it. I'm not risking her for anything”
>Fishing the coin out of your saddlebags you approach your daughter who watches you curiously
>Sitting down in front of her, Spring gives you a quick smile of support and joins you at your side.
“Windy, hooves out”
>Cocking her head, Windy sits back on her haunches, extending both hooves in front of her.
>Dropping the coin into her waiting hooves, Windy stares at it momentarily, a small frown briefly crossing her face.
“Windy, honey”
>She looks up to meet your eyes
“I need you to hold on to this for me, okay? No matter what happens, keep it with you at all times. Do you know what it is?”
>”Mom told me...”
“Good, then you know how important this is”, reaching out you gather your daughter up for a hug which she returns hesitantly. Pulling away she is once more looking at the coin in her hands, her face conflicted and unreadable.
>Whispering to spring, you ask her to stick close to Windy, which she responds to with her clearest 'no kidding' eye roll.
>Rejoining Shining, he watches spring and windy over your shoulder. “You sure you don't want mine? Not for nothing but if things go wrong I can fly out with Windy, it's you two who get stuck behind and might need the thing”
“Hopefully I never have to ask, but we'll see. Hopefully it doesn't come that that”
>Turning back to the road, Shining scratches his chin thoughtfully
“So how do you want to do this? Press on as fast as possible or take it slow to start?”
[?]
>>
>>25479133
If we run then we'll already be winded when we encounter something. Going slow is also bad, because we'll just increase the time we're stuck out in the open.
Travel at a brisk walk.
>>
>>25479133
Lets start slow. Make sure to pick up the stones before we leave.
>>
>>25479229
Said it before, I'll say it again, let's not mess with the stones.
>>
>>25479233
Why not?
>>
>>25479243
Because we read a book that said not to mess with them.
>>
>>25479229
>>25479233
Whats up with these stones?
>>
>>25479260
>>25479229
>>25479243

>The encyclopedia on the other hand has very little tangible to say about the stones, they were seen as guideposts for local spirits and were called 'Fort Foundation stones' because they were oftentimes arranged in circular patterns called 'spirit forts' which were said in crystal folklore to be gateways of the spiritual world, providing shelter and a means of travel for some spirits. Disrupting the formation of a spirit fort is said to bring grave misfortune and the pattern itself is a sign of welcoming and good will towards the spirits, interestingly bat folklore interpreted the symbol to be a warning against tresspass.
>Written within the margins on the bottom of the page are the words 'don't bar the path'

We're told not once, but twice by the same book not to mess with the stones. Doesn't seem like the best idea.
>>
>>25479251
Because it would give us bad luck by angering spirits, but they're already rather pissed at us and they might need those circles to spread. Plus they are rare, valuable, and useful alchemic ingredients and Shining mentioned there are some alchemic things we can try against them.
>>
>>25479297
Again with this logic
>We already have bad luck, who cares if it could get worse?
>>
>>25479307
They are the ones that put them there, how do we know they don't need them? Also we potentially have uses for them.
>>
>>25479321
If they need them what if they come looking for them?
>>
>>25479428
It would be easier to just make another.
>>
>>25479480

Literally baseless conjecture. I see no reason to take those sort of risks. You really want to risk sending all those nasty fuckers out on a manhunt after us because "they're valuable"? That isn't exactly our priority here.
>>
Gonna be honest, this is the part that has me worried:
>Written within the margins on the bottom of the page are the words 'don't bar the path'
because it's basically just the QM saying 'are you really, really sure?"
>>
>>25479548
So you think that chasing after and trying to kill us isn't the same thing? Also if they need those to spread then they won't be able to come after us.
>>
>>25479623
Are they chasing us? We spent two days on Shinys property and didn't see one.

Then again it wouldn't be much of a story if we just walked out without ever seeing one. Not counting that giant purple mushroom.
>>
>>25479660
What happened last night?
>>
>>25479704
I dont know, last night was three weeks ago.
We heard noises, didnt we?
>>
>>25479716
We heard the shadow creatures last night just like we did the first night of their attack.
>>
File: spoop 59.png (198 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 59.png
198 KB, 900x900
“No need to rush, but the sooner we get to town the happier I'll be. We'll walk, but we'll pace ourselves, Windy's got little legs and I don't want to push her harder than a trot to keep up for us. If she gets tired Spring and I can take turns carrying her”.
>Pushing on down the road, Shining joins you at your side for the first leg of the journey. Where you had the experience of the route, he had eyes and ears that were worth a damn in this blasted blanket of fog.
>Behind you Windy huffed along, Spring had at one point offered her to rest on her back but Windy had simply taken to the air, claiming that her wings didn't need rest yet.
>Shining had not been impressed. Claiming that exhaustion was not body part specific like that, but Windy insisted she would be fine keeping pace in the air.
>Still Spring kept a watchful eye on her and quickly fell instep beside her when, an hour later, Windy returned to her hooves.
>The journey so far had been monotonous, no one dared speak lest some monster descend through the mists and the soupy fog reduced all sight to a milky nothingness.
>Taking a quick glance over your party you almost fail to notice that Shining's ears had stilled and now oriented directly forward down the road.
>Stepping closer, You whisper to Shining
“Is something wrong?”
>”Hoofsteps. Ahead of us”
>You strain your eyes, hoping to catch sight of anything through the mists. For a long moment you see nothing, your vision robbed by the omnipresent cloud but for a brief gust of clear air that gives you a clearer look down the road. In the distance a shape ambles down the road towards you, It's movement is jarring and uneven. You roughly approximate its size as being about that of a pony before the fog closes in again and robs you of your sight.
On the road beside you is a small copse of trees, on the opposite side is a ditch lined with cat tails. Both could provide cover, or you could stay on the road and hope you've encountered a traveller.
[?]
>>
>>25479937
Hide in the ditch. Stay hidden until you can see who or what it is.
>>
>>25479937
I'm gonna say take cover behind the trees and try to avoid this thing until we have a better idea of what it is.
>>
By the way, how is our Hoof doing?
>>
>>25479937
Wasn't somebody supposed to come and check the sinkhole by our farm?
>>
>>25480488
Yep.

>>25480436
Freshly wrapped last night, you determined you got pretty lucky and that it was largely a surface wound. it wont interfere with regular activities, but stressing it might be painful.
>>
>>25479937
Send the others into cover and call out to him. If things go south the others could ambush.
>>
>tfw OP fapped and feel asleep
>>
>>25479937
We haven't encountered any haunted ponies (Yet!) so I vote we stay on the road and warn the oncoming traveller of the danger ahead.
>>
We bump
>>
>>25479937
Hope it's nothing spooky.
>>
>>25482128
>>
>>25485236
>>
>>25480618

Voting for this
>>
>Turning to your family, you flag down Windy and Spring.
“Something coming down the road”
>Spring squints her eyes as she attempts to peer past you “What is it?”
“I'm not sure, might be a pony. Listen, I need you three to hide . In the ditch or in the trees I don't care, just stay out of sight in case something goes wrong”
>“Goes wrong? Why are you staying out here then?”
“Honey, if that's a townspony we can't just let them walk past while we hide in a ditch. They won't know what they're walking into. We have to warn them”
>”And if it's not a townspony? That thing that attacked you downstairs was only a little bigger than a pony, who knows what that thing could be”
>Shining stamps his hoof, although he keeps his eyes focused down the road. “There isn't much time to talk, but Cob is right. We can't let someone walk into whatever this situation is. Cob has his sword and if anything seems funny, shout and I'll come flying”
>Shuffling in place, Spring takes one last long look down the road as if trying to will the fog to part, sighing she meets your eyes and nods slightly. Ushering Windy between her forelegs, the two of them shuffle into the trees.
>Extinguishing his lantern, Shining steps down into the ditch on the opposite side of the road. In a matter of moments you find yourself standing alone on the well worn path, neither Shining nor your family visible through the mist.
[...]
>>
File: spoop 60.png (187 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 60.png
187 KB, 900x900
>Anxiously you tap your hooves as you wait. Long seconds draw out into minutes as the omnipresent silence begins to break as an irregular clopping of hooves grows steadily louder.
>Through the fog a shape begins to emerge, definitely a pony but its movements are jagged and irregular. The pony zagged along the path as if he, definitely a he, was a newborn foal just learning to walk. At times he would stop and simply stand for a moment before continuing towards you.
>Stepping forward you call out
“Hello there! I'm Cobble Stone from the end of the road, Listen something dangerous is going on out here and-”
>As the stallion shambles closer you get your first clear look at him, the slightly smaller brown stallion whose unkempt hair was so atypical of how you usually knew him. Pebble Stone, the stallion Shining had asked to look at the sinkhole.
>Pebble continued onward down the road, seemingly failing to even recognize your presence. His milky white eyes were unfocused and you can see discolourations marring his coat while strange lumps protrude from the flesh below.
[?]
>>
>>25487917
Spirit-cancer.

What would happen if we brought one of the coins near him?

Also, if he came from town, what's going on over there? Did the monsters spread?
>>
>>25487917
There's a mushroom behind his ear, ready your sword and call for help.
>>
>>25487917
Call Shining up with his coin. Tell him to keep his distance.
Back up a bit and move out of Pebbles way. See if Peddle changes direction to pursue you, or if he just keeps moving in a straight line.

Call his name and see if he reacts at all.

Whatever you do, don't let him get close to anybody. Whatever is wrong with him could be contagious.
Fucking fairy-aids.
>>
>>25488097
I wounder if coming in contact with the coin would have an effect.
>>
>>25487917

Touch him with a coin
>>
i'll 2nd/3rd touching him with the coin, but we don't have a coin right now. Shiny and Windy have them.

Call Shiny, but in a way that doesn't have him try to brain this guy with the lantern.
>>
“Pebble?!”
>He doesn't react, his ears don't even twitch. Quickly trotting over to the side of the road you watch to see if pebble is aware of your presence, but if he is he, you are evidently not his goal as he continues his slow march down the road.
>Circling around in front of him, you make a point to pass through his field of view. Again he fails to react, his eyes never seem to focus even when you stand directly in his line of sight.
>Stepping aside you examine the stallion, strange discolourations line parts of his coat like spiderwebs and the lumpy welts under his coat are larger than you had initially feared. Each are heavily wrinkled to the point that the fur of his coat is displaced and the lined flesh is visible below.
>Without pause Pebble continues his march, passing by you and continuing down the road. As he steps there is a brief ripple of flesh around the lump. Glancing over the stallion one more time your eyes catch on a brief flash of purple before it dives back into Pebbles mane.
>Your stomach drops into your hooves as an icy wave of dread washes over you, instinctively you grip your sword.
“SHINING”
[...]
>>
File: spoop 61.png (103 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 61.png
103 KB, 900x900
>Immediately a rustling can be heard from the ditch at your side as the bat pony flings himself into the air, unlit lantern swinging in his jaw.
>Seeing you unharmed on the side of the road gives your friend pause as his eyes flick between you and Pebble.
>Alighting down beside you, Shining spits out the lantern handle. “Pebble? Whats he doing here?”
“Something has happened to him, you got your coin handy?”
>”Yes, of course” Reaching into his bags Shining pulls his coin free, oddly gleaming in the dim light that had managed to pierce through the fog.
“Alright. My coin killed one of those things and it seemed to spook the purples ones something fierce. So I figure we should see if touching him with it helps any”
>”Helps with what?”
>Before you can respond a low moan stretches through the still air, as you and Shining both turn towards Pebbles direction. The stallion had stopped, turned and was now standing as still as can be, staring directly at the two of you.
>”Oh no...” Shining mumbles, looking sick. Confused you step forward, staring hard at pebble as a new horror greats your eyes.
>The lumps beneath Pebbles skin had begun to shift and crawl over his form, his flesh contorting as unseen shakes crawl below.
>Pebble takes one step forward and you immediately draw your sword as a mass of flesh pushes against the side of his chest, distorting it outwards until the flesh sloughs off as a mushroom crawls free.
[?]
>>
>>25488656
Shining should get the coin up close to Pebble while we hack apart any mushrooms that escape.
>>
>>25488656
>>25488723
Confirm.
>>
>>25488723

Initiate mushroom removal. It's probably too late to save this guy considering what the mushrooms have likely been doing to his insides, but might as well try.
>>
>>25488656
Have shining light the lantern.
>>
>>25489083
This
>>
>More and more shapes writhe beneath Pebbles coat as Shining and you watch in mute horror, the first mushroom spirit finally pulls itself free as several other lumps begin to grow outward.
>Dropping down to the ground, the spirit orients itself towards you, posturing its legs aggressively as it slowly begins to crawl in a wide circle around you.
>Remembering your first encounter with these beasts, you turn to Shiny.
“Take care of Pebble, as long as you have the coin they shouldn't attack you. Get him down and maybe we can figure out a way to help him or at least drive all these things off.
>Shining nods, “What will you do?”
“I'm going to make sure none of these things get away. Light your lantern by the way”
>Shifting your sword in your mouth you orient on the free Mushroom, although while you and Shiny had spoken several others had begun to pull themselves free of Pebbles flesh.
>At once, several things happen. Behind you Shining curses as he fumbles with the lantern. You take a step towards the mushroom, several more fall free from Pebble as he himself begins to shamble towards Shining.
>A light flares behind you as you charge the first mushroom, swinging your sword down at the smaller target.

[...]
>>
File: spoop 62.png (125 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 62.png
125 KB, 900x900
>Missing your first swing, the spirit claws at your fore-hooves but fails to make contact. In the corner of your eye you see three more mushrooms moving towards you as Shinning Grapples with Pebble. Although the bat pony had the advantage in size, the smaller earth pony had managed to catch the bats initial charge and was forcing him back. Curiously, the mushrooms that had been emerging from Pebbles back had fallen deathly still in the light of the lantern. They maintained their demonic appearance but did not seem to be able to move.
>Refocusing on your initial target you swing once more, this time you strike true and neatly bisect the spirits top.
>Behind you the three roaming spirits pause in their advance, hesitant upon seeing their ally struct down.
>Turning to face them, the spirits make their move, furiously scuttling at a speed you had no anticipated. Separating, one spirit crosses the road towards the tall grass of the ditch.
>Fearing you'd lose one, you charge forward. Forgoing your swords edge you swing the flat of the blade catching and crippling the little beast.
>Behind you the two remaining free spirits have not been idle, Skittering past you they rush towards the treeline where Spring and Windy are hiding. A sharp gasp draws your attention back to Shining, who is struggling to overpower Pebble as the earth pony slams his hooves against Shinings side.
[?]
>>
>>25489862
Shining. Fall over and kick him away from you. Let's go towards our family.
>>
>>25489862
Shining should get away from him and attack from above
>>
>>25489862
Spring and Windy have a coin with them.
It might be better to assist Shiny first, his coin isn't stopping pebble and it seems like he's starting to lose here.
>>
>>25489862
Yell to Spring and Windy to bolt, evil monsters headed their way. Assist Shining by bucking Pebble away from him, then hack up any mushrooms you can catch.

After that, give Pebble a thorough coin-treatment until the last of the shrooms leave him, if possible.
>>
boop
>>
we live bump
>>
update could be as late as midnight EST since i work until 10pm tonight.
>>
>>25492937
OK. Also bump.
>>
Handing out bumps
>>
How scary things are.
>>
>>25495251
>>
>>25489862
Shiny looks mad. Fat bat should never feel mad
>>
>Turning back to the forest you take a hesitant step after the spirits before glancing back over your shoulder at the struggling Shining. You shouldn't leave him, although the mushroom spirits had stopped emerging from Pebbles body and the few who had were paralysed in the presence of the light or the proximity of a coin, Pebble himself was still struggling, but by bit pushing Shining back.
>Pebble at least did not seem enraged, his face was as slack as when you had first seen him and while he seemingly retained his natural physical strength, his movements were still slowed and haphazard. Shining should be able to get away if something goes wrong but all it would take is for Pebble to get a good grip on a wing or limb and Shining could be seriously hurt.
>Grimacing, you turn back towards the woods and take a second step after the spirits. Your family needed you. They didn't know what was coming for them and Spring was armed with little more than a Shovel.
>A sickness grips your heart as you begin galloping for the treeline, Shining would understand. You can't leave your family defenceless-
>A rush of heat flushes your face as the other horseshoe drops. They weren't defenceless! Windy had your coin! In all your encounters with these mushroom beats, none of them had ever so much as approached somepony who held the coin.
“SPRING! WINDY! HEADS UP, TWO OF THOSE MUSHROOM BUGS ARE HEADED YOUR WAY”
>Your throat rasps from the sheer volume you bellow out your warning. Spinning in place you turn and charge back towards Shining.
>>
>Just as you arrive Shining hisses out a short curse and flaps his wings to pull away from Pebble.
>Without pausing you barrel past the winded batpony and into the smaller Pebble, bowling him over entirely your hooves fly as you buck into Pebbles side.
>Before you can even recover, Shining is back on top of the falling Pebble, driving him down belly first into the dirt. The impact knocks the wind out of the small pony and his eyes flutter closed as his body stills.
>”Alright, I think that got him” Shining huffs, breathing heavily.
“Still got your coin on you? Give it to him. It killed that thing in the forest, maybe it can kill whatever is still in him”
>”Worth a shot”, fishing out the coin from his pack, Shining presses it against the veiny discoloration marring part of Pebbles coat. An audible hissing sound can be heard as smokey purple wisps rise from the flesh. You're not certain but the marks on his fur seem to be fading.
>”Did you get them all, where is Spring and Windy?”
>In the distance a heavy clang of metal on wood can be heard as both ponies look towards the forest.
>Sharing a glance with Shining, he shoos you away with his free hoof. “Go, I got this”
[...]
>>
File: spoop 63.png (123 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 63.png
123 KB, 900x900
>Rushing towards the woods you are relieved to see two misty shapes break from the treeline, one pony sized and one filly sized.
>”Dad! You shoulda seen it! Two of those nasties were coming right for us, so I pulled out my sword,” Windy indicates her trusty soup ladel, “and they stopped right in their tracks! Wouldn't take a step closer! Then mom jumped out of nowhere and chased them around the trees! I haven't seen her move that fast since those rabbits got into her garden! It was so cool!”
>Ruffling Windy's hair, you share a smile with Spring.
“Dealt with?”
>”Of course” Spring leans in to nuzzle against your neck, “Did I hear you saying Pebble?”
“Yeah. You better see this actually”
>”It's not going to be too much for Windy?”
“I don't think so, hopefully we saw the worst already” you shiver at the memory of the mushrooms crawling free from Pebbles body.
>Returning to Shining with your family at your side, you find your friend still pressing his coin against the various wounds along Pebbles coat. Already the number of markings has drasticly decreased.
“How's it going?”
>Shining frowns, “I'm not sure. It seems to be working but he's not waking up. He didn't hit him THAT hard and he's breathing normally, normally he'd be up by now but... nothing. He's completely unresponsive”
[?]

sorry it took a little longer, I was trying to fit a prompt in there where you'd go after your family but I decided that with how well you had solved the fight there wasn't really any further risk and it would just be a make-work prompt with only one painfully obvious answer
>>
>>25498078
Keep at it until the marks are gone, then we try our best to wake him up.
>>
>>25498078
Focus on clearing the marks away from his head first.
>>
Borrow Windy's coin for double the HPS.
>>
>>25498078

Considering what his body went through it's a miracle he survived at all. Try your best to wake him up but it looks like we'll be carrying him to town with us. Progress will be slow but it's most important that everypony survives. This will be two NPCs we've saved so far.
>>
File: spoop 64.png (83 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
spoop 64.png
83 KB, 900x900
“Windy, your coin”
>Sullenly you look over Pebbles body, already most of the marks along his back had cleared under Shinings ministrations.
>As Windy retrieves her coin from under her pot helmet you run your hooves along Pebbles body, feeling around his ribs where you had struck him.
>Seemingly intact you sit back on your haunches as Windy hooves you the coin. You're no doctor but he should be fine. In fact, he shouldn't be unconscious at all.
>”Pebble... What's he doing out here?” Spring murmurs while circling the three of you as she examines the downed pony.
“I asked Shining to get someone to look at that hole, make sure its safe...”
>Placing your hoof against his haunch you press the coin against the nearest marking
“He was probably heading for the house when something got to him”.
>”What did you do to him?”
“Next to nothing! Kicked him and knocked him down. He shouldn't be out like this at all”
>Leaning down, Spring presses an ear against Pebbles chest and your group falls silent as she listens to his heartbeat.
>”Winy shifts in place nervously, “Is he going to be okay?”
>”His heartbeat is strong. He should be. Maybe this wasn't you, Cob. What if they did something to him?”
“Could be, they were inside him...”
>”Inside him?! Maybe you should be focusing on clearing his head first”
>Sharing a glance with Shining, you both nod and place your two coins against Pebbles head.
>A tense silence befalls your group as the four of you watch the marks fade into his coat, breaking your vigil only to shift the coin from one cleared patch to the next.
[...]
>>
>Despite your efforts, clearing the marks on Pebbles skull does little to rouse the fallen pony. As Shining returns to clearing the marks along his body, Spring preys open Pebbles eyelid, the organ below had cleared but the eye remains unfocused.
“This isn't working. We have to start moving again”
>”We can't move him! We don't know whats wrong with him. We could make it worse” Spring objects.
“You want to stay here, on the road?”
>”He might just need a bit of time, we can get him into the ditch and wait it out. It's not like we've seen anything so far”
“You mean other than him? Come on, you said it yourself. Whatever is wrong with him isn't an injury, its what they did to him”
>Shining snorts, removing his hoof from Pebbles body. “We can't really afford both. Are you going to carry him on your back all the way into town? Saddlebags and all? No. If we got caught we'd have to leave him to run, better to hide him and move on”
“Hide him? Where?”
>We're still a lot closer to my house than anywhere else. I can fly him back, square him away somewhere safe and once we hit the town the whole guard can come rescue him”
[?]
>>
>>25498835
His house is going to fall next and those things were taking him to our house.
>>
>>25498835
Those mushrooms went straight for our wife and daughter so they might be able to sense somebody even if they are hidden.
>>
>>25498835
The house isn't any safer than anywhere else.
The best thing we can do is get help. The sooner we call in the royal guard and princesses, the sooner this mess is cleaned up.

If we leave Pebbles behind, we could leave some iron with him so he's safe from the monsters.
>>
>>25498835
I agree, if we can't carry him, hide him and cover him with iron. We'll send help back.
>>
>>25501638
>>
bup
>>
>>25504589
>>
>>25498835

I don't like leaving him but if we really can't carry him then I guess we may as well hide him. I don't suppose we could make a stretcher somehow?
>>
there. we did it.
>>
>>25504589
>>
Up we go.
>>
>>25509142
>>
no update tonight guys, sorry. worked until midnight and was asked to start early tommorow.
I'll also be having designated normie time with some friends after work, so the next update will likely be late tomorrow night [sunday]. The good news though is that monday/tues/weds/thurs nights are all clear for me.

sorry guys, I really appreciate that you're keeping it up though. I know updates haven't been ideal in terms of time between and number per day, but the slower and less demanding pace has been a lot of relief on my end and I'm having fun again. That said, don't feel like you have to keep the thread up, if it dies at worst I'll be lazy sunday night and wait for a monday start.

>>25506510
>>25500486
You CAN carry him if you want, it's just that doing so will come with all the difficulties of carrying a ponies worth of dead weight on someones back. I try to never tell you you can't do something. It's your story, if it makes sense I'll write it.
>>
File: 1337139279744.jpg (36 KB, 439x366) Image search: [Google]
1337139279744.jpg
36 KB, 439x366
>>25511174
>I'll also be having designated normie time
>>
>>25511174
If we can carry him, we should. It's very dangerous out here.
>>
Shining can help in carrying him.
>>
>>25512152
>>
Page 10
>>
bump up
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.