[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Everfree forest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1439732964586.jpg (102 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1439732964586.jpg
102 KB, 600x849
Anyone thinks the Everfree Forest is a bit too normal and lacking in magic for the fantasy world of equestria?

I mean it's basically an amazonian forest which grows on it's own. It has a lot of jungle and swamp elements in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0sSN9Y3vRs
>>
>>25463276
>normal
>lacking in magic
Actually I'm pretty sure they stay away from it for precisely opposite reasons.
>>
>>25463297
Care to detail, anon?
>>
>>25463326
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in s1 lore that it's avoided BECAUSE it is not a normal forest and that scary rhyming zigger.
>>
Relax. I'm sure there'll be an episode that explains in detail how it works so it's not a weird spooky mystery any more (also probably a b-plot about zebras maybe?)

That's what you want, right? More worldbuilding, more answers, fewer stuff left to the imagination?
>>
>>25463276
Pretty sure it's explicitly *more* magical than the world around it, to the point where it's literally uncontainable by pony environment management. Nobody ever goes in it because it's dangerous as fuck.
>>
File: this is the future you chose.jpg (51 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
this is the future you chose.jpg
51 KB, 349x466
>>25463400
I warned you people. I WARNED you, but you didn't listen
>>
>>25463335
>>25463400
What I tell them and what they understand. Guess you can't talk with autists unless you slap them around till they understand what you're talking about.

It's not a beautifully enchanted magical forest, it's a normal wildlife forest from our world with a bunch of overgrown moss, mushrooms, vines which makes it look quite ugly. Which is weird for a little girls world all about beauty and charming locales.
As for the mistery of it they can expand on it and give examples of what's inside it without saying they've fully explored the forest and there is nothing left to do in it. They can just keep expanding and popping out new mysteries, concepts, story arcs if they want to.

Have you guys never read a book, saw a film and a cartoon show aside from mlp?
>>
>>25463436
>it's a normal wildlife forest from our world
the weather changes by itself, the animals keep to themselves, and the plants grow by themselves

which is a weird thing in a world where the opposite is true. this is why the everfree forest is regarded as mysterious - scary even - by ponies
>>
>>25463436
This.

It scares most ponies because for the majority of their world they are the literal shepherds of it. The Everfree functions perfectly fine without them maintaining weather, soil, or even animals.

It goes so against the norm it is unsettling to them.
>>
>>25463276
That's the thing anon, the world of Equestria is a fantasy world, they use magic and shit to change the season and basically control everything about the world. A forest that seems normal to us (aka, changes all that shit itself) would seem unnatural to them.
>>
>>25463276
I like (liked) the way they had it. Mysterious and treacherous, some of the explorations inward have kinda killed that vibe and I hope they restore it. The creatures and things within should be a threat to pony's who enter. What I really want in the show is more mythology, we had a plethora in S1 which gave it that endearing fantasy quality but with cute ponies, I'd love to have that back, and no pussy fairy shit, at least not too much, I want will of the wisps to be as metal as they are in real life.

Oh and the Everfree is nearly a perfect description of medieval, maybe even antiquity, forests. Thick trees and a canopy which block light, fat, generation old oaks, gnarly, twisted, wretched branches and vines, a total chaos of green. Whilst not totally impassable, it's still wild, untamed as it became in the 18th centuries and up. Animals roamed wild and naturally, people made up mythology and legends about creatures within and the like. We've seen accounts where forests were considered impassable, barriers akin to mountains and large rivers. Shit got me giddy too since I love the medieval period.
>>
>>25463276
My head-canon is that the Everfree is, at it's core, a nexus of the multiverse where things from other universes can pass from one to the next, explaining why weird things come out, and things entering often never return.

A sort of multi-universe revolving door, if you will.
>>
>>25463558
that theory also plays nicely with like 60% of 'person ends up in equestria' stories
>>
>>25463558
That's my headcannon too.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.