[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 3 and Season 4 created Spikefags. Here you had a character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: medium(22).png (115 KB, 524x600) Image search: [Google]
medium(22).png
115 KB, 524x600
Season 3 and Season 4 created Spikefags. Here you had a character who still stayed to the background for a bit ,suddenly given way more spotlight and way more to do, whilst simultaneously handled and treated more like shit.

One day he saves the Crystal Empire, the next he cannot do the simplest of tasks.
He is arguably the best character of the first Equestria Girls and is a really cool hero, but he is a fucking dog.
An entire season comes out giving him more episodes than some members of the mane6 and saves the day three times in that season, but at a cost of almost making him a shitty supporting character throughout that entire season, being used for stupid ass gags
In season 5 he is given a shitty episode where miraculously he is somehow the best part of it, but somehow is handled as a supporting character better than in previous seasons.

The problem is after McCarthy took over, she gave the snarky sidekick way more to do and way more significance, but failed to change his role as the buttmonkey. Thus cresting two rabid polarizing camps of spike fans and spike haters.
>>
>>25449578
This...actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
I'm just sick of him being written well in episodes he isn't the focus of.

Like Fluttershy, his role in S5 was defined by him basically just being absent most of the time.
>>
>>25449662
In Season 4 I would say he was a bad supporting character, but had several fun focus episodes. Bizarrely he was more of a wimp or idiot in episodes where he wasn't the focus.

Season 3 would have been Spike's best outing had it not introduced the worst Spike episode ever.
>>
>>25449578
I think that rather settles it, I kind of feel bad for the Spikefags. It feels like Sonicfags where they keep holding out for something great, and occasionally they really do get it, but it is like a gasp of air before things become terrible again.
>>
>>25449800
He wasn't around in S5 enough to do much of anything.
>>
>>25449889
Castle Sweet Case
Do Princesses Dream of Electric Sheep?
Amending Fences
What About Discord?

Were great outings.
>>
>>25449961
He stalled Twilight. Meh.
Okay, will give you that.
Could have done more, but okay.
Eh. Outside of one or two one liners, nothing.
>>
I think Spike is cute.
>>
>>25450008
So do I
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.