[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA - Just Another Day Ch. 16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 3
File: JaD0.png (289 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
JaD0.png
289 KB, 1000x1248
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and you just want to run your inn and tavern, the Sword and Board.
>Though after last night, you wonder if re-classifying your business as a brothel would be more accurate. True the aphrodisiac powder made you a lot more susceptible to suggestions, but you'd be lying if you said you didn't enjoy it.
>In the hopes of earning more bits, you accompanied Azura to the Longhorn ranch to help them with a dairy delivery run. Turns out, such runs are anything but boring and you've been prepped to deal with cat burglars.

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

Inn floorplan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fouKOvZLar5QZ4zOwmvnXA1hcPZ5UIBXNuy8RN0oFME/edit?usp=sharing

List of Supplies and Upgrades: http://pastebin.com/WgG9utrB

Special thanks as always to our artist.

>Upon noticing the arrival of cat burglars, you quickly swing your pony-portable irritant spray system and prepare to soak some pussy.
>Or at least, it should've...but when you pull the trigger, nothing happens.
"Oh ponyfeathers! I need to pump it first!" you blurt out to Azura, quickly shifting your attention to the aforementioned task.
>"Ha! That's what she said," Azura snaps back.
"Seriously, Azura?"
>"Watch and learn, rookie!" the unicorn replies as she readies her wand. But just as she's about to, another cat suddenly drops onto her from the passing trees, obscuring her vision and hissing wildly at her.

You've still got pumping to do. Input action.
>>
wew
>>
>>25428937
Azura needs a shower
>>
>>25428937
Cartman, bad kitty
>>
>>25428937
Kick the cat off, resume pumping
>>
>>25428937
Engage those hind legs on the kitty and pump.
>>
>>25429005
>>25429019

>You're still building up water pressure, but with Azura now too busy trying to wrestle with the cat clinging to her face, time is running short. If you don't act fast, the cats will breach the hatch.
>Oh to Tartarus with non-violence, you figure. You're a pony, and you're going to use every tool at your disposal. You about-face quickly and use those mighty Earth pony muscles of yours.
>However, due to the cat's...well, cat-like reflexes, it's able to jump out of the way in time, and you only succeed in kicking Azura square in the face.
>For an adventurer, she certainly goes down like she's got a glass jaw. You can apologize when she regains consciousness. On the bright side, you don't see the cat anymore.
>After a few more seconds of pumping, you're finally able to turn your attention to the pair with the crowbars.
"Hey cats! Get off my wagon!" you shout before unleashing a spray of water at the pair.
>The cats hiss wildly in dismay, dropping their tools as they jump off the wagon to escape the horrid water.
>With the immediate danger passed, you take quick stock to the situation. The convoy is in the Whitetail Woods, trees and thick foliage flank both sides of the trail giving plenty of cover to ambushers. You see Tex and front wagon is under assault with more than a dozen cats crawling across the vehicle.

Input action.
>>
>>25429261
Try waking Azura and then see how much range our weapon has.
>>
>>25429261
Lightly water the Azura if necessary.
>>
>>25429312
This and try and snipe the cats with high pressure.
>>
>>25429261
Poor Azura, karma for something she did must of guided our hoof
>>
>>25429371
Second time she's gotten incapacitated.

Agree with sniping the cats. Remember to aim up, it's water after all
>>
>>25429297
>>25429312
>>25429371

>Though the front wagon is getting swarmed with cat burglars--and really where in blazes did they all come from--your priority is to protect your own wagon.
>Plus Tex seems to be having a fun time with his duties. He's standing atop of his wagon, providing a stubborn resistance to any cats that dare to tread to close, singing all the while.
>"Oooohhh! My milk brings all the cats to the yard! They all say its better than yours! Damn right, that it's better than yours! I can give you but I have to charge!"
>Dear god is that minotaur tone-teaf...
>You turn your attention back to Azura, who's still laying on the seat with your hoof-print across her face. A quick sprinkle of water brings to unicorn back to the world of the waking.
>"Ughhh...what hit me..." she mumbles weakly while getting up. "Pot...what happened?"

Input answer?
>>
>>25429641
"Cats jumped us and your face got in the way"
>>
>>25429641
What is the consistent factor in someone getting knocked out when we're around each other?
>>
>>25429685
Being Azura

Lets just say cats jumped her.
>>
>>25429641
"Definitely wasn't me kicking you in the face on accident when the cat I was aiming for jumped out of the way. Not a chance."
>>
>>25429734
Shes got a hoof print, lets just say they jumped as both and blinded she smacked us and we smacked back
>>
>>25429734
>>25429800

>You don't want to tell her the exact truth since you really don't want to run the risk of her committing unspeakable horrors to you using that wand of hers. It might've been designed to be non-lethal, but you're certain Azura could find a way if she's really motivated.
"Uhh...cats jumped us. I accidentally hit you in the face in the struggle," you explain. "Totally bad luck."
>A half-truth is close enough, right?
>"Be more careful next time," she grumbles. It appears that she believes you, for now.
"We need to help Tex," you say as you point out the beleaguered wagon ahead.
>You try to help with your water cannon, but even on the narrow cone, the pressure isn't enough. The wind force from the forward motion just results in all the water getting blown back into your face.
>"Stop that!" Azura yelps, catching much fo the spray as well. "Here, let me handle this."
>She aims her wand and shines a red dot across the side of the wagon. It's soon catching the attention of several nearby cats who begin chasing and pawing at the dot incessently. Azura darts the dot across the wagon, and in their zealous chasing, several of the cats up leaping off the wagon in fruitless pursuit.
>Glancing around, you start noticing more cats giving chase to the wagons, following in the tree lines or scurrying across the edges of the trail.

Input action.
>>
>>25430091
None shall pass
>>
>>25430091
Shoot at them if we can, don't let them on the carts.
>>
>>25430091
Azura can probably steer them off in another direction with the wand.
>>
>>25430091
Wet the ground in front of them. Cats hate getting dirty paws.
>>
>>25430196
sounds good
>>
>>25430112
>>25430176
>>25430196

"Azura, we've got lots of company on the sides," you call out.
>"I'll take the cannon," she replies as she scrambles over to the mounted ordinance. She swivels the cannon to the port side of the wagon, and launches a yarn-ball into the trees. You can see the commotion as numerous cats begin to pounce towards the ammunition.
>Given the numbers, you're hesistant to just spray wildly - you'll drain all your water and then you'll be in trouble until Whispy can fetch you a refill.
>You decide to spray a bit conservatively - spraying off short bursts when you see cats beginning to get too close to the trail. It doesn't even need to hit the cats directly, you figure just making wet or muddy terrain might be enough to disturb their delicate feline sensibilities.
>But then you suddenly feel a weight land on your shoulders, followed by a unsettling hiss into your ear.

Input action.
>>
>>25430329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qijp0idRts
>>
>>25430091
Have Azura beam-lead the cats down into P.I.S.S. range, then PISS the cats!!
>>
>>25430329
Run around in the background flailing arms wildly.
>>
>>25430329
Stop, drop and roll!
>>
>>25430329
Azura, quick kick me in the face
>>
File: SUPLEX.jpg (73 KB, 400x454) Image search: [Google]
SUPLEX.jpg
73 KB, 400x454
>>25430329
SHOW EM WHOS CHAMP
>>
>>25430411
bodyslam the pussy?
>>
>>25430359
>>25430411

>Remember, the first rule in any dangerous situation is to not panic.
"GAH! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! BAD KITTY! VERY BAD KITTY!"
>You begin to flail and scream, trying desperately to pry or swat the cat away, but he's fast enough to avoid your flailing hooves. You manage to hit yourself in the face a few times, but that's about as close as you get. At one point, you manage to grab hold of the cat, but when you pull his claws just dig into your scalp.
>Since you don't want to tear your face off, you decide to abandon that idea.
>Finally, you decide to just flop back and let gravity help you out for a change. There's a heavy thud when you and your water tank hit the wagon, but you also hear the satisfying sound of a very pissed-off cat getting squished against the roof and then scampering off.
>Except now you're on your back with several gallons of water in a heavy steel tank keeping you from going anywhere. Your hooves flail uselessly in the air above you, but you can't roll yourself to either side.

Input turtle flailing?
>>
>>25430526
"Azura, some help please"
>>
>>25430526
Whimper at Azura while performing turtle flail #7.
That's the one where you flail as pathetically as possible.
>>
>>25430550
Don't forget the cute puppy dog eyes
>>
>>25430550
>>25430559
Whimper as well, bitches love whimpering
>>
>>25430526
Call pathetically for help.
>>
>>25430526
I thought the tank was cylindrical, how did we get stuck?
>>
>>25430526
Can't we unstrap ourselves?
>>
>>25430618
>>25430608
Shhh no, we will get Azura to pathetically help us
"How is this guy so popular again"
>>
>>25430608

It's not perfectly cylindrical. It's got enough flatness on the dorsal surface to keep from moving.

>>25430540
>>25430550
>>25430606

>Oh god dammit...now you just feel a bit silly as your hooves flail about like an up-ended turtle.
"Azura, a little help please," you call out to your comrade.
>"Seriously, Pot?" The unicorn clearly isn't amused by your predicament, but nonetheless rushes to your side. "You're lucky I'm so helpful and generous," she adds with a sarcastic undertone as she uses her magic to heft you over onto your side. Once you're onto your side, you're able to get your hooves underneath you and push yourself back up.
>"Uh-oh."
"What uh-oh?"
>You turn around to see what Azura's looking at, which happens to be several cats taking over use of the yarnball cannon, now aiming at you.
"Shit..."
>you barely have time to brace yourself as a yarnball smacks into your face. It's not exactly forceful given the ammunition, but it's annoying nonetheless. You notice Azura's able to throw up a small magic shield to hide behind, but that still leaves you being pelted with balls of yarn.

Input action?
>>
>>25430693
Ether duck behind Azura or turn around, let our back thing take the force.
>>
>>25430693
Return fire and make sure to move slowly so we don't get tangled.
>>
>>25430708
yeah get behind azzy
>>
>>25430693
P.I.S.S. the cats!
>>
>>25430720
Spray water overhead while moving
>>
File: Katara.png (82 KB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
Katara.png
82 KB, 300x241
>>25430693
use the wind and gravity to curve the water around Azura like a pro.
we avatar now
>>
>>25430708
>>25430720
>>25430726
>>25430728

>First thing's first, you want to get out of the line of fire. And selfish as it may seem, you figure hiding behind shouldn't be too big of a problem considering she's got the magic shield.
>"I hope you have a plan," Azura remarks when she realizes you're using her for protection.
"Working on it," you reply.
>You pump some extra pressure into your water cannon and poke the nozzle just above the edge of the shield. You let loose a wide spray, figuring accuracy isn't a concern at this range. It works, forcing the cats to abandon the weapon.
>Once safe, Azura rushes over to it and quickly inspects the cannon.
>"I just hope you didn't get the ammunition too wet," she mutters.
"Is wet ammo a problem?"
>"It's designed to launch balls of dry yarn, not heavy, water-logged ones. It can jam the barrel or the feed mechanism."
"Can you fix it?"
>"With a bit of magic, I could dry it out...you'd have to cover me while i do that," Azura explains.

Input action.
>>
>>25430894
How much water do we have left?
>>
>>25430894
Cover her no matter what
>>
>>25430894
Cover that flank
>>
>>25430911
>>25430912
>>25430958
>>25430958

>You give a quick shake of the water tank to check on its levels. The sloshing sound is faint, and the weight shift significant. There's plenty of water still in it as far as you can tell. Some sort of volume dial would've been nice, but that's wishful thinking for the time being.
"Get fixing," you instruct Azura.
>The unicorn nods and gets to work, carefully sifting through the ammunition and all the connectors to dry them out. All it would take it is one really damp yarn-ball to clog up the cannon.
>In the meantime, though, that means you've got to keep an entire wagon safe on your own. And the cats don't take too long to realize this either and begin swarming around your wagon from all angles.
>They're getting smarter, too - keeping out direct line of fire from your spray cannon, which leaves you constantly shifting as cats try to creep over the edges of the wagon. Short, light bursts with the water cannon keeps most of them at bay.
>Still, it's only a matter of time before they figure out a way to outsmart you...and when it happens, it literally knocks you off your hooves. You're not sure what happens exactly, but you feel a great force just jerk you backwards, throwing you off your hooves and almost over the edge of the wagon.
>It's only then you notice several cats at the other end of your rope. They scatter when you spray more water but it doesn't matter...they know your weak point. It'll be hard to try and protect Azura and your own rope...

Input action.
>>
>>25431047
remove rope.
>>
>>25431047
Take off the rope! Cats love playing with string.
>>
>>25431063
If all else fails catnip
>>
>>25431063
>>25431083

>The rope is just proving to be a liability at the moment, so you quickly untie the rope at your end. On the bright side, as the rope flies off and begins flittering in the wind behind the wagon, it does draw some attention away from you and your wagon.
>It's not much, but it's a few less cats to worry about.
>With the rope gone, you're free to turn your attention back to keep the cats at bay. They're getting a bit bolder now, trying to rush you from various angles, thankfully only ot be met with repeated streams of cold water.
>But you soon give your canister a shake, and you can hear the hollow sloshing of fluid inside. You're running low, but the number of cats don't seem to be subsiding.

Input action?
>>
>>25431233
Request a refill from Wispy if we can find a moment to do so? While waiting for her to bring it out we could try borrowing Azzy's wand.
>>
>>25431233
Send the tank in for a refill. Could we borrow Azura's wand in the meantime?
>>
>>25431253
This
>>
>>25431253
>>25431259

>It's risky, but you can't exactly fight off cats with an empty tank. You work your way over to the hatch and stomp on it a few times to hopefully get Whispy's attention.
"Whispy, I need a top up," you call out to her.
>A few moments later, the hatch pops open. Whispy glances up to you with a worried look on her face, which soon turns to relief when she sees you're doing okay.
>"Right away boss!" she answers and ducks back into the wagon for a moment. A few seconds later, she emerges once more with a large waterskin in tow. She flies up onto your back and begins to arduous process to pouring water into your tank.
"Azura - wand!"
>You'll need cover for the reload, and fortunately your comrade is willing to part with the wand for a short while. Once you have it in hoof, you turn the red dot on and begin waving it about the wagon. It incites a wonderful chaos as the cats begin scrambling trying to get at it, even knocking each other out of the way in their mindless pursuit.
>"Almost there," Whispy says, struggling with the cumbersome waterskin.
>A few low branches from the trees almost catch you off guard. The battering of twigs against staggers you a bit but you manage to keep your footing. However, you feel a sudden void of weight from your back. You glance over your shouler...
>Where's Whispy?
"WHISPY!" you yelp in panic.
>Your frantic eyes look to the trees again. In the branches behind the wagon, growing ever further away, you see the filly ensnared in the branches.

Input action.
>>
>>25431343
drop the watergun and tell Azura we're going after whispy.

if we leave the watergun with azura, we won't have the weight of it slowing us down
Not to mention, but the cats want the milk, not us and they'll likely ignore us in favor of the cargo.

Besides, azura can probably use it and her wand if she tries hard enough

COMMENCE OPERATION SAVE DAUGHTERU
>>
>>25431343
If it looks like Wispy is getting free then she can fly back to us. If it doesn't then we need to go after her.
>>
>>25431343
Leave the caravan, or stay?
The cats just want the milk, so Wispy should be safe (and us, if we choose to get her.) and she can definitely disentangle herself in time.Leaving also leaves Azura without backup, which might mean losing the milk and not getting paid.
On the other hand, we'd be leaving Wispy behind with no way to catch up, and she could be taken hostage if these cats have the organization for it.Though if the cats are going to take hostages, going after her will just give them 2. Pot isn't good for fighting solo.
Decisions, decisions....
>>
>>25431362
This Whisky before all
>>
>>25431343
Shit, it's too bad we didn't have a pegasus companion for this.

All I can think of is to hope the rear wagon is still close enough to her for us to try and get someone on it to retrieve her.
Otherwise, we'd have to retrieve her ourselves. We'd have to leave Azura alone, plus the wagons will be gone and I'm not sure if they're going too fast for us to catch up and get back on.
>>
>>25431376
I'm fine with either, btw
>>
>>25431380
>Whisky
If our daughter was a son, I'd call her that
>>
>>25431343
Close the water filler on your tank and pump it up, keeping an eye to see if Whispy can break free and fly back. If it's obvious that she's totally stuck, we're going to have to bail and save her. Give Azzy the wand back, leap off and run and save her (Which may require using a long stick) then run (Whispy fly) back to the wagons using the PISS to clear a path. I strongly doubt the wagons can outrun a horse.
>>
>Now the panic really begins to seep into your mind. You watch, with time seemingly crawling forward, as the little filly struggles to deal with all the branches ensnaring her. You don't know how long it'll take for to break free on her own, or if she even will...and if she does, is she fast enough to catch up? Would the cats leave her alone? Would they leave you alone if you went back?
>And if you do leave, what about the wagon and Azura? Can she hold the fort by herself? You could lose milk...lose your pay...
>But all of those pale in comparison to the thought of losing Whispy.
"Hang on Whispy, I'm coming!" you shout as you gallop to the edge of the wagon and leap off.
>Between the height and speed of the wagon, you hit the ground and fall into a tumble. Despite the pain, you stumble back to your hooves.
>The convoy is already heading off into the distance behind you with the bulk of the cats in pursuit. You don't care, though, you just hurry on your way. You'll figure out the rest as you go along.
>"Somepony heeeeeeeelp!" you hear Whispy calling out.
"Don't worry, Whispy, I'm here for you," you call back, arriving at the tree. She's still up high in the branches in a tangled mess.
>"Pot! I'm stuck!" she cries out, as if that isn't obvious already.

Input action.
>>
>>25431544
Help
>>
>>25431544
Give her love so she has the strength to break free
>>
>>25431544
Earth pony-attacking the tree probably won't do much if she's tangled up in it.
Maybe she can use her shape-shifting to get out of it?
>>
I'm going to turn in early today. We'll resume tomorrow.
>>
>>25431544
First, look quickly around for a long branch to poke her down with, If that fails though, do what earth-ponies are good at! Tell her to hold on because this might hurt and be ready to fly when she comes loose... Then buck the tree trunk! She should come down like a hail of apples.
>>
>>25431670
Goodnight Innkeeper.
>>
>>25431670
Goodnight
>>
>>25431670
Dang, just got home from work and just missed it. Well at least i'm free tomorrow.
>>
bed bump
>>
Seems like taking this job was a mistake, since literally every prompt from Innkeeper has been a worse and worse failure.
>>
What about arranging an eating competition at the inn? Seems like a fun thing to do eventually. Not so soon after the grand opening party of course.
>>
>>25435554
>>
>>25433825
we should of done something like help Oats on the farm, even if she doesn't pay us we are bonding and give wispy some fun times. That and we help her improve $$ so she can improve the farm.

>>25435669
Love it
>>
>>25435669
Lets get sunny to play I would love to see that
>>
>>25437653
We can always do that tomorrowif anyone remembers by then

>>25438541
Who do you think would win? I think it'll be a tie between her and Diamond
>>
>>25438868
Sunnybunny for sure, we already know she can eat a ton.
>>
Will be starting sessions within the next hour.
>>
>>25440009
Will be waiting
>>
"Don't worry, Whispy...just hang on!"
>"Like I have any other choice?" the filly replies sarcastically. At least she seems to be doing okay emotionally.
>You start looking around for something you can use to help Whispy down, but she's stuck in a high branch of the tree. You do find a broken branch from another tree, so you give that a shot to try and fix the situation. You first try using the branch to perhaps push away some of the branches that are ensnaring Whispy.
>"Hey! Careful with that!" Whispy shouts after you wind up poking her several times in your clumsy attempt.
>Okay, that plan clearly isn't working. Hard to get fine manipulation from the opposite end of a several-foot branch.
"Try grabbing hold of it."
>The second plan, unfortunately, doesn't work too well either. All Whispy has to grab hold of are the thin ends of the branch, which only wind up tearing and snapping when you try to pull her free.
"Stupid branch," you grumble as you toss it aside. "Okay Whispy, I'm going to try and kick the tree and shake you loose."
>"What? But I'll fall!"
"You can fly."
>"...oh yeah."
>But before you can start to enact this plan, you hear footsteps approach...much lighter than any hoofstep should sound. You turn about face and find yourself staring down more than a dozen felines. It's the first time you get a good close look...and you notice that a number of the felines have almost...pony-like faces to them.

Input action.
>>
>>25440315
Kick the tree, now. There's no time to stare like an idiot.
>>
>>25440315
"Hello, how are you today?, I could use some help with my filly"
>>
>>25440315
Let's try democracy
I mean it worked for the spiders, it might work for the cat pones
>>
>>25440315
Time for Pot to use that ultimate move of his.
Diplomacy.
>>
>>25440390
Yep diplomatic ways are best ways
>>
>>25440390
>democracy
Fuck I meant diplomacy
I should really go to bed
>>
>>25440315
>pony pussy pussycat
now you're just teasing us
>>
>>25440427
I didn't even notice my mind when right to chat things out
>>
>>25440383
>>25440390
>>25440399
>>25440424

>On the bright side, these felines...or cat-ponies...or whatever they are...they weren't gazing at you in a menacing way. Some of them are even giving you a curious look.
>You remain on your guard, of course, but with only one spray cannon, you'd likely get swarmed before you made a dent in their numbers. A really, a pissed off cat is not something you want to deal with right now.
>But then you begin to wonder, if some of these felines seem to have pony-like features, then perhaps that is not the only trait you have in common. You figure maybe it's time to stop fighting and to do what it is you do best (other than make food).
>You step forward and nervously clear your throat.
"Um...hello there, you...um, cat...pony...people," you begin. "I don't mean you any harm, I'm just trying to get my kid out of the tree."
>One of the cat-ponies steps forward; you think it's a stallion...or whatever a male is called. He looks rather butch. His gray striping reminds you something of a tabby cat, though his cold, calculating gaze gives you pause.
>"I believe the saying goes...you've come to the wrong neighbor, my friend," the cat replies, an oddly suave tone to his voice. "I suggest you lay down your weapon peacefully, before we are forced to do something...nasty."

Input response.
>>
>>25440698
Might as well, its not like we can do anything with it
>>
>>25440698
No problem!
>>
>>25440698
I assume we left our shield and laser pointer at the cart and just got the water tank on us.

"Ummm, this thing isn't easy to get out of, could you please help me"
>>
>>25440815
Surely the Unsmashable has his primary weapon on him.
>>
>>25440912
You mean his ass? Or his dick?

>>25440698
Might as well put our PISS down, slowly though. We can't exactly trust them just yet.
>>
>Surrender seems to be the only decent option right now. You start fussing with the harness and clasps, but it seems that Tex did a good job of securing the device. After a bit of hopping and flailing as you try to wrestle free, you reluctantly have to admit yet another defeat.
"Don't suppose somebody could give me a helping hoof, or paw?"
>The cat that had addressed you rolls his eyes as he strolls over to you, grabbing one of the harness straps and begins the unbuckling process.
>"How a species without opposible digits could become the dominant power in this land must be some joke from a cruel and heartless god," the cat-pony remarks.
>A few moments later, the harnesses are all undone and the device falls off of you with a loud thud. No sooner is it on the ground do several cats hurry over to it and begin to carry it off.
>When you hear some rustling above you, you glance upwards and see several cats have scaled up the tree and are in the process of untangling the filly from its branches. One of the larger cats eventually comes down, carrying Whispy by the scruff of her neck.
>When Whispy is dropped off at your side, the filly promptly scurries to you, hiding behind your leg.
>"Meow you will come with us."
>You quietly sigh to yourself, knowing you have little choice...not if you want to keep Whispy safe.
>You are sheparded by the numerous felines into the forest. You travel deeper and deeper, until you are brought to something of a clearin where numerous tents and even more felines greet you. Glancing around, you see that they have something of a makeshift camp set up here.
>You're led into a larger tent, the inside of which is adorned with odd trinkets and baubles that seem mistmatched and out-of-place with one another.
>The cat whom you've spoken with before takes a seat on a velvet pillow at the far end, and gestures for you to sit as well.
>"Greetings pony...and welcome to my humble abode."

Input conversation?
>>
>>25441058
>"Meow you will come with us."
Does this mean they appreciate puns? Cheeky Pot might be appreciated here.

Say hello, introduce ourselves to our 'host' and ask for his name.
They probably want to negotiate for milk, or something.
>>
>>25441058
"Thank you kindly and thanks for helping out our filly"
>>
>>25441089
Go for the standard hi I'm pot i run an in and this is wispy
>>
>>25441058
Introductions are in order.
>>
>>25441089
>>25441092
>>25441191
>>25441259

>As far as hostage situations went, this didn't seem to be too bad so far. Granted, you've only been here a few minutes, but you didn't see anything that suggests you should be afraid for your safety. You haven't even seen any sign of a weapon so far.
"Well, thank you for helping Whispy out of the tree," you begin even though you suspect it might've not been out of the goodness of their heart. "My name is Pot Luck. Might I ask for yours?"
>"I am known as Sir Tommaso Emmanuel di Mercurio the Gray," the cat begins, one paw upon his chest. He smirks to you. "But you, pony...may simply call me...Tom."
"Hello Tom," you nod in response. "A pleasure to meet you."
>"Likewise," Tom replies, "we do not have many guests of your kind in our camp. Do not let the curious stares frighten you."
>You wonder what he means until you glance over his shoulder and notice the scores of cats and cat-ponies all staring at you.
>"Meow I imagine you wonder why you are here," Tom continues on, "We seek that which you so dutifully protect - the white gold. The Great Horned Idiot thwarts our attempts time and time again...but with your help, we shall finally get what we seek. The only question is whether you will cooperate or will we have to get...serious."

Input response.
>>
>>25441417
Its probably shipped off by now, why bother?
>>
>>25441417
The "horned idiot" is where the the white gold comes from. If you wanted some, why not just ask first?
>>
>>25441464
This, these cats are hurting capitalism, lets talk sense into them.
>>
>>25441464
Elaboration: Tex is protecting the milk because it's meant to supply an entire city full of ponies. Its just business to protect your product. Buying milk from Tex would mean they can get a supply of milk just meant for them. They clearly don't shoot first, so non violent means could work out. If they don't have any money, they could trade in services instead.
>>
>>25441417
You do realize if the thefts become to bad they might go out of business and then there will be no milk for anybody.
>>
>>25441516
>>25441514

love these
>>
>>25441464
>>25441514
>>25441516

>Great Horned Idiot?
"You mean Tex?" you reply. "You know he sells the stuff to people. You could try talking to him, instead of stealing it. He protects it to protect his business and his livelihood, after all."
>There's a roar of hisses and gasps from the cats now surrounding you and the tent. It appears that is an unpopular name in these parts.
>"Yes...the one known as 'Tex.' We have tried dialogue but he would not give us the milk. Even our sad eyes and soft fluffy bellies were of no use to us. His is a cold, cold heart. He is immune to adorable wiles," Tom explains.
"Did you try actually buying the milk? With bits."
>The cat-pony pauses, pawing at his chin. "Ah yes...the shiny scraps of metal. We tried to offer something similar but he said that 'junk does not count.' We even offered one of our greatest prizes - a dead bird, and a snake that was not quite dead yet - but he said it was worthless. He scoffed at our offerings!"
"Cause those things aren't money," you remark.
>"Money," Tom scoffs with a roll of his eyes. "You place value on a shiny piece of metal. Tell me Pot, why is this 'money' so valuable to your kind, hm? You cannot eat...it does not keep you warm at night...it will not scratch your ears or lick your cheeks. It does nothing but look pretty. Why, pony?"

Input response.
>>
>>25441748
It's a standardized form of trade. Instead of trading items which have different values to different individuals, like your dead bird and almost dead snake, everybody agrees to trade a single item that has an assigned value.
>>
>>25441748
Explain capitalism and the value of a bit
>>
>>25441748
But bits can buy all those things for you and many more. Any goods or services can be sold or bought by bits, Tex produces milk and sells it for bits, with those bits he is able to keep his farm running and expand it as well as afford food,shelter and everything else.

We should ask them to trade some fish, that way we can sell it back to them and griffons.
>>
>>25441804
Pretty much this, its not the bit that's valuable but what it represents.
>>
>>25441874
That's not a bad idea, we could set up some sort of trade with us and the butcher. That is if they can get fish.
>>
>>25441804
>>25441805
>>25441874

"Because it's a value that is imposed upon that bit by society in order to facilitate trade and production between individuals," you explain, fishing a bit out from your belonging to held out to the curious cats gathering around you. "In Ponyville, I run an inn - I provide food and drink and shelter to other ponies. But what if I need a tool for my kitchen? Or my oven repaired? The ponies who can fix that for me don't necessarily need shelter, and they might not need food. A bit allows me to convert my work of food and shelter into a value that I can trade to anypony else."
>"But why does the pony insist on value for his tool? Why does he not give you the tool in the understand that you will give him food whenever he so needs it?" Tom replies.
"It's true, that is a possible arrangement that can be made. But that would require making arrangements with every pony who could possible need the tool-makers services...and that could be time-consuming. And what if the pony doesn't offer a service the tool-maker needs? A standardized system of trade ensures that ponies can utilize the value and wealth they can produce to get whatever services and commodities they need, so long as they can generate enough value."
>"Generate value..." Tom remarks, stroking at his chin. "This sounds a lot like...work. We are cats - work is not exactly something that goes well with out strict routines of lounging in the sun, and napping."
"But there are things you do already - you already said you can hunt for birds and other animals. They may not be valuable to Tex, but you could potentially find somebody who will exchange hunted animals in exchange for bits, which you turn you can buy milk with."
>"Oh pony, you speak of wealth and value and generating and trade...and oy, it is all so very confusing to my delicate feline sensibilities," Tom says with a sigh.

Input conversation.
>>
>>25441748
As much as I'm having a bit of an existential crisis toward what today passes as legal tender, bits are gold coins. For the cats to get the milk they must find a way to transact with others, or take up mining which would screw up Diamond's operation sooner or later.

I think if the cats take up trade without knowing the nasty fineprint, they'll end up just like other indigenous indian-types have. Of course I'm putting too much thought into this...
>>
>>25442023
Wispy is a child, get her to explain her simple knowledge of it.
>>
>>25442023
>There,there. It will take some time to understand.But if you do manage to earn some bits, milk won't be the only thing you can get...
You've got an entire community here, think about how much can be improved.

Stereotypical lazy felines aren't they? Maybe we can offer some help. And get another business partner for capitalism!
>>
>>25442023
Suggesting that they sell meat is probably a bad idea since we'd likely be the first attempt at a sale. Is there any alchemical or chemical use for catpiss? They'd be rich. Hm how about catching all the mice and pests in the cows' grain storage?
>>
>>25442023
Perhaps learning by doing is better.
>>
>>25442070
Meat and leather seem like a good business
>>
>You figure it might be a good idea to get somebody to explain it in simpler terms. Perhaps Whispy might be able to speak more on their level. You look to the filly and notice that she's currently engulfed in kittens, many of whom are purring or curled up against her, and she seems to be gleefully petting and scratching each kitten in turn.
"Hey Whispy, think you could help me out here?" you ask.
>"Hm? Oh, um..." the filly pauses to think for a bit. "Well, it's like this - trading stuff only works if each person has something the other wants. So everybody decided to agree that bits are something everyone can want, that way everybody can always trade with each other."
>"You keep saying trade? If one has something that you wish for, why do you not just take it?"
>"Cause that would be mean," Whispy answers plainly. "I mean, if you keep taking milk from Tex and August, they might go out of business, and then nobody will get any milk."
>"I see..." Tom muses, once again scratching at his chin, followed by licking his paw for a few moments.
"Well, you seem to be expending a great deal of effort trying to steal the milk," you reply. "Why not try putting that energy and time into something that can be more productive?"
>"Such as...?"
"As cats, I suspect you are fairly decent at hunting. Perhaps there's somebody in Ponyville that'll be willing to pay for fresh game," you suggest.
>"Would you be able to take me to one of these ponies?" Tom asks. "I wish to see this...trade and generating wealth with my own eyes."

Input response.
>>
>>25442281
"Sure and if you have some fish to sell I can make some chower for you and show you directly how to trade"
>>
>>25442281
Take to meat merchant to establish business ties
>>
>>25442322
>>
>>25442322
>>25442294
Ask to bring some fresh meat and sell to meat man then buy part of the fish for chowder and sell it back to the cat
>>
>>25442294
>>25442322
Pretty good.
>>
Man, Azura's gonna be pissed when she finds out we saved the day again
>>
>>25442394
I had a giggle at that thought, but seriously this is good for wispy we have shown her several times how talking trumps violence any day.

Captcha: Fish
>>
>>25442346
Fish and milk chowder must the the holy grail of food for the cats, sprinkle a little cat nip and watch them jizz all over the place.
>>
>>25442322
>>25442408

"Of course. How about you gather some things you might be able to trade, and I'll take you to somebody who might be willing to accept," you offer.
>"Very well then. You shall take me to this town of Ponies of yours," Tom agrees with a slow nod. "But I'm afraid you will have to leave the child here as collateral."
"What? I have to leave Whispy here with you?"
>"Indeed," Tom nods. "There is a saying amongst my people...just because a belly is offered to you, does not mean you should scratch it."
>Despite your misgivings about leaving Whispy here, you don't see much alternative. You have nothing else of value to offer as collateral, and you can't exactly stay here in Whispy's place.
"Whispy, dear...you think you'll be okay here for a little while?" you ask.
>By this point, Whispy is almost up to her neck in purring kittens. "I think I'll be good," she answers before turning her affection back to one of the kittens. "Who's a cute little kitty? Who's a lil' cutie? Yes you are!"
>At least she'll probably be well taken of and content in your absence.
"Okay, let's get this business started then."
>"Excellent, I shall gather the potential items for trade. Feel free to make yourself at home in the meantime...just do not try to leave the camp," Tom instructs before heading off.
>That just leaves you with a bit of time on your hooves.

Sit and wait with Whispy, or explore around the camp for a bit?
>>
>>25442556
Explore it a bit.
>>
>>25442573
Why not, see if they do anything profitable
>>
I love how he was like I have this plan to get the milk and we are like "fuck that capitalism bro"
>>
>>25442556
check to see what they are doing with their lives
>>
>>25442556
Time to find some side quests
>>
"Why don't...wait here Whispy, I'm going to go take a look around."
>Though there isn't a verbal response from the filly, it's plain to see that she's too busy being turned into a kitten-cuddle-pile to really care. Ahhh, the joys of partaking in such simple joys. If only you had the time and luxury to do so.
>You wander out of the tent and back into the clearing of the camp. You gaze around to see what sort of life these creatures have made for themselves, though in no short order do you realize that they don't have much of anything. There's crude tents set up around the camp, but many seem to be lounging and napping wherever there is room and shade.
>You spot familiar canisters stacked near one of the trees - no doubt the bounties of previous raids against the Longhorns or other dairy farmers.
>There's several of them looking over the pony-portable irritant spray system, though they don't seem to be making much progress in terms of understanding it. It didn't help that when one of them accidentally triggered the spray nozzle to loose some water, they all scattered in opposite directions.
>"Hey! Are you one of those milk ponies?" a voice suddenly speaks up, no doubt directed at you. It takes you a second to realize that it's coming from directly above you, and you glance up to see another cat-pony-like creature sitting on a branch above you. What catches your attention quickly, though, is that this one appears to have wings as well. "Is Tom going to, like...milk you, or something?"

Input response.
>>
>>25442746
"I hope not, that would be awkward for everyone"
>>
>>25442746
Milk is from female cows, so no. Introduce self.
>>
>>25442746
hey whats your name and can you tell me more about your people?
>>
>>25442746
So these things are like catgirls to pones?
>>
>>25442746
I get a weird Cheshire Cat vibe from this one.

"No, I'm male, and ponies don't really give the best milk anyway. Cows are what gives the best milk. Tom and I are trying to negotiate a deal where you get to hunt and have fun, give the meat to another party, and that party gives you stuff to trade to the milk cows. It's a bit complicated but should see you getting more milk than ever before."
>>
>>25442746
Start with >>25442764 then >>25442824 because he probably won't get it.

What's with all these cat-ponies anyway? I hope that's not happens to all the ponies they capture
>>
>>25442764
>>25442824
>>25442861

"I'd hope not...that would get a little awkward for everyone involved," you answer with a quiet chuckle under your breath. You then realize that the joke might go over the cat's head. "Um, milk comes from females...most milk that folks drink comes from cows."
>"I see...and you are not a cow, correct?" the cat continues on, as though following your line of reasoning. "And not a female. So you don't make the milk, you just keep it away from us."
"We keep it away from those who would try to steal it," you clarify.
>The cat-pony seems to stare at your blankly, as though the concept of theft is a foreign thing to him. Explaining the finer points of property and ownership would probably take too long, so you just ignore it for now.
"My name's Pot Luck, by the way. And you are?"
>"I am Othniel the Nine Lives," he introduces himself, flaring out his wings for a little extra pagentry.
>He hops down from his branch, using his wings to slow his descent upon landing. Once face-to-face, you can't help but notice that he's a bit on the small side, at least compared to a pony, with a predominately red-orange body and white underbelly.
>"Most just call me Neil, though," he adds. "So why isn't Tom making you get us the milk?"
"We're working on a possible long-term solution," you explain as simply as you can. Can't help but notice you have wings. Forgive my bluntness, but...what exactly are you?"
>"We're cats...I guess," he answers, sounding a little uncertain of how to answer. "I guess there's an old term you ponies used - 'sphynx' or something along those lines. But nobody really uses that old term these days.

Input response.
>>
>>25442995
Thats pretty cool, so do you sphynxs like living here?
>>
>>25442995
"Sphinxs' will love the deal I'm setting up, I think. You guys love hunting, right? This deal lets you hunt, for milk. Alot of milk, if I'm right."
>>
>>25442995
Ever heard of the legendary chowder, its a mix between fish and milk
>>
>>25443046
Milk for all, the liquid gold
>>
"Sphynx, huh? Can't say I've ever heard the term before," you reply. "Do you...enjoy living in this part of Equestria?"
>You got the feeling long ago that these folks weren't quite locals, given the haphazard nature of their camp. You figure they're likely nomadic.
>"It's okay," Neil answers with a shrug. "I mean, the milk is great. Way better than anything we could ever get in any of the other places we lived...though, it's also harder to get. But hey, I like a challenge. Just makes the milk all the sweeter!"
>He gives you a cocky grin, giving you the impression this particular cat enjoys the hunt as much as the prize.
"Well if all goes according to plan, you won't need to steal the milk, and it'll still taste just as sweet when you get it."
>"Sounds a bit boring if you ask me."
"True, but if you get milk through legitimate channels, then I could turn around and make you some chowder."
>"Chow...der?" he repeats, straining through the confusing terms. "That sounds like something a dog eats."
>You chuckle under your breath at his naivity.
"Oh, I assure you. It's far from that. And I think you'll like it very much so."
>"Probably beats eating field mice," Neil says with a shrug. He scampers up closer to you, whisking between your legs and doing a few laps around you for some odd reason. "Well, you seem okay...for a pony. You don't suppose you could ask Tom to bring me along, too, could you? He doesn't really like us wandering too close to pony settlements..."

Input response.
>>
>>25443178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-bbYH_akHg

Sure the more the better
>>
>>25443178
I don't trust this cat-horse thing
But yeah why not, a potential addition for the Pot Luck harem™ later
>>
>>25443197
Kek, one of each thing in the world right?
>>
>>25443197
Need to keep an eye on him though. If he doesn't have any concept of property, who knows what else he doesn't know.
>>
>>25443178
Only if you behave
>>
>You remain a bit cautious around this sphynx - if he doesn't grasp the concept of property, there's no telling what he might do in Ponyville. Still, you also don't see a reason to distrust him, so you figure there's little harm in passing the idea by Tom.
"I'll ask but it's up to him, I suppose," you reply.
>"Oh I'm sure you can be convincing," Neil says as he scampers back up the tree. "I'll be waiting right here if you need me." He then lets out a yawn and stretches across the branch, soon settling into a comfortable position for a mid-morning nap.
>And speaking of Tom, you soon see the familiar sphynx bounding across the camp field to you.
>"There you are, Mr Luck...I have assembled the items of which I think would have the most 'value' to you ponies."
>Tom leads you along to a clearing where a pile of, essentially, junk was gathered together. Lots of shiny bits and pieces, buttons, pins, and the like...but not a great deal of actual value. Salvage would be a better descriptor.
>There are a few fish, however, or at least what used to be fish. All that's left is bones since they've been picked clean.

Input response.
>>
>>25443270
"do you have any fresh fish"?
>>
>>25443270
"I'm afraid these won't do as trade, what we need is fresh-caught fish, or non-sentient animal meat, or to earn the bits by catching pests in town. I know of a couple possible pest-elimination spots." There's the barn, and maybe somebody else in town has a rodent problem?
>>
>>25443280
sounds good
>>
>>25443270
Question, is any of this valuable to you?
>>
>>25443280
seems appropriate.

Though I do wanna ask >>25443298,
because I get the feeling Tom isn't being completely sincere about the whole thing.
>>
>>25443317
He did say valuable to us, maybe not himself. He probably thinks, shiny coin shiny stuff pone like.
>>
>>25443324
I'm more concerned over the fish bones, really.
Shiny stuff I can understand, but fish ≠ fish bones.
Maybe we should've been more specific.
>>
"None of this is worth trading...I'm wondering if you consider any of this of value," you remark as you turn to Tom.
>"Many of these things are shiny and round, much like those bits you showed me," Tom replies.
"It's...more than just about being shiny and round, it has to be..." you sigh quietly realizing explaining the value of gold and silver might be hard to these creatures. "It's...listen, unless it looks like a bit coin, it's safe to presume it doesn't have the value of a bit. Now fish might be valuable, if there had been any fish left on it - nobody wants the bones."
>"Getting a fish is not exactly easy - only the bravest of us are willing to endure the terrible river to get them," Tom explains. "They are quite valuable to us as well."
"And they're quite valuable to certain folks in Ponyville, too," you explain. "If you devote more time and energy into getting more fish, then you can trade them for money, which can be traded for milk."
>"But we eat the fish. You suggest I trade one precious commodity for another?" Tom is starting to sound frustrated, sighing and paw at his face in annoyance. "This 'money' nonsense is so arbitrary. Surely there must be better ways to earn money. What do other ponies in your town do to make these bits? Ones that do not involve us having to give away what little food we have."

Input response.
>>
>>25443372
They work you anti-capitalist scum
>>
>>25443372
"We do things the other ponies need done, that we personally are better at doing. Myself for example, I cook raw foods into prepared meals which taste better, and ponies pay me bits to do it. In your case you are gifted hunters, so you would be really good at catching vermin, thereby saving the food that the vermin would have ruined. I'm sure there are some farms that store food that would be very happy to trade pest-elimination for bits, and you'd get all the rodents you could eat plus bits for milk!"
>>
>>25443389
Sounds better then anything I could think of, plus we should mention other luxurys like proper housing, toys and anything else they might like that they can't get on their own.
>>
>>25443372
There are two types of things you can give away to make money: goods, and services. Fish, nuts, berries, those are goods people might want to trade money to obtain for themselves. A service is when you do something for somepony else, like protecting them while they travel through a dangerous area, like I was protecting the milk caravan. If you don't collect anything we want or need, you might provide ponies with a service for bits.
>>
>>25443372
We should also mention that the rarer a good is the more its worth so you can get more of other things like milk.
>>
>>25443389
>>25443394
>>25443401

"They work for it," you explain, getting a little frustrated yourself.
>"Gah! Again with that W-word. Always with the work...it sounds to me like taking the milk like we've been doing so far is far easier than this work," Tom scoffs.
"Yeah, and look how things are," you snap back, gesturing at the camp. "You barely have anything resembling homes. You've got junk to pass off as possessions, and apparently everyone just forages for themselves. If you got over this aversion for work, you could make something better for the others as a community, rather than always thinking of yourself."
>Tom says nothing at first, merely casting his gaze out to the others in the camp.
"We do things the other ponies need done, that we personally are better at doing. Myself for example, I cook raw foods into prepared meals which taste better, and ponies pay me bits to do it. In your case you are gifted hunters, so you would be really good at catching vermin, thereby saving the food that the vermin would have ruined. I'm sure there are some farms that store food that would be very happy to trade pest-elimination for bits, and you'd get all the rodents you could eat plus bits for milk!"
>"I...suppose there is truth to your words, pony," Tom remarks slowly. "My people...we have been moving from one place to another. Surviving, but never 'living.' We have always been wary and distrusting of those who walk on hooves." He turns to you again. "Very well...take me to this 'Ponyville' of yours. I wish to see what it is that you feel makes this society of yours so much better."

Input response. And where do you plan to take him if you want to show off the best of Ponyville?
>>
>>25443482
Ask about whats his name to come and if he should
>>
>>25443482
Show him a house, nuff said
>>
>>25443482
what are some good places? market would be one?
>>
>>25443482
I would actually avoid showing him our inn, in case things don't go to plan. These cats are still potential badguys and no sense showing a pack of thieves where we live.

Just take him around town and chat with folks to see if anyone has an ongoing vermin issue that these cat-folk could help with, and if so, check out the situation with Tom and see if he thinks his guys would like the job.

After that, well, you've got to patch things up between the cats and the cows... that will be the hairy part.
>>
>>25443512
Sounds good, "It's not a competition, it's about putting some effort to improve the lives of yourselves and those around you. What happens if you have a couple of bad hunts and can't find any food? With bits you will be able to save and buy them at any time. You can also go to the doctor to heal diseases and buy tools at shops and most importantly you can improve your homes so you don't have to fear the elements"
>>
>>25443512
I want to show up to Autumn and say "You know that problem you paid me for, I kinda forgot most of what I was suppose to do so I just fixed it so they won't attack your caravans, its alright I know I messed up so you don't have to pay me, well good bye"

And just leave why she wonder what just happened
>>
>>25443482
Pots laying down some hard truth
>>
Gonna have to call it a night.

Somewhat less productive weekend than usual. Hope it's just folks being busy.
>>
>>25443614
we did start late yesterday and end early
>>
>>25443535
Well if we don't get paid, we could always go visit the mines.
>>
>>25443614
Goodnight, Innkeeper.
>>
>>25443614
night
>>
>>25443614
The issue I had was trying to explain economics to cats! It's not that easy! P.I.S.S.ing them is much more fun!
>>
>>25443658
The only outcome will be Diamond finding nuggets within our mine
>>
>>25443614
Some of them are probably too busy playing Fallout 4.
N-not that I would personally know about that....
>>
>>25443698
Lol, I missed a few posts because of it "I'll check it in 10 mins. Goddammit how has it been an hour"
>>
>>25443693
I was hoping we'd be able to find something interesting. Diamond found that big chunk of silver ore. Maybe we could find some gemstones ourselves.
Maybe do an inspection on his mine shaft, see his pickaxe at work.
Did he even take that big rock back yet?
>>
>>25443720
Who knows, we told him about it so I assume he did
>>
>>25443698
And following the news of Paris blowing up, too!
>>
bed bump
>>
>>25444108
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.