[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a Neal Dusedau episode >Entire thing is written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: derp.png (222 KB, 762x626) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
222 KB, 762x626
>It's a Neal Dusedau episode
>Entire thing is written without thinking about an audience
>>
TB H fa m the new episode is actually my least favorite episode ever. Until this one I didn't have a single episode that I just plain didn't enjoy sitting through. And Dusedau is an unfunny bait-taking liberal fuck
>>
File: Взгляд.jpg (168 KB, 750x720) Image search: [Google]
Взгляд.jpg
168 KB, 750x720
>>25379000
But anon, listening to FiM's audience is one of the worst possible decisions you can make as an episode writer.
>>
File: 1394660237875.png (321 KB, 1280x1166) Image search: [Google]
1394660237875.png
321 KB, 1280x1166
>>25379000
>>
>>25379064
I didn't say "pandering to the audience." What I'm implying that Dusedau doesn't do is think about explaining things that make perfect sense to him but not to others. It's like "show, don't tell" except he doesn't bother doing either, he just assumes that you think like him.

He essentially writes for an audience of one person.
>>
>>25379064
>Bзгляд.jpg
>>
File: 1385753644613.png (126 KB, 900x564) Image search: [Google]
1385753644613.png
126 KB, 900x564
>>25379246
No anon, he's simply bad writer.
It can be easily spotted in lack of plot and characters acting simply stupid.
>>
>>25379355
Yes, but I'm trying to figure out why. It's because he writes for himself.
>>
File: 1387827385592.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1387827385592.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>25379481
That may be true.
Personally I think he's focusing too much on a single character, and trying too hard to characterize him. Some sort of tunnel view.

This guy has very poor idea how plot should look like or how characterization should be implemented in overall episode. In both cases he follows single character, and uses his/her traits to maximum. But at same time he ignores everyone else. In Princes Spike there's Cadance, who looks like ignorant pile of bricks. In recent episode we have main5, who are completely oblivious to Twilight's reaction.

Also reused ideas.
>>
>>25379481
His problem is he has his idea in his head but, as shown by his poor writing and communication with the fan base, he never takes into account how other people will interpret his work or what meaning his work will take on to people who don't have access to his thoughts.
>>
>>25379606
Agreed about the tunnel vision comment. In this episode, every character outside of Spike, Twilight, and Discord felt very flat. While Dusedau can write characters stand alone decently, he fails at interactions and arcs. The story as a whole suffered because of its focus.

One of the criticisms that I have is that even if they had such a good time with Discord, they should have been able to tell that Twilight was upset instead of poking her.

It's shown better in a (relatively) simple episode like Princess Spike, where it's obvious that he has no idea how to build a plot that makes sense to anyone but him.
>>
>>25379645
It's strange that a writer is unable to write with an audience in mind. Maybe he should work at IDW.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.