[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey, Anon! What's your favorite TV show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: my worst nightmare.jpg (23 KB, 328x350) Image search: [Google]
my worst nightmare.jpg
23 KB, 328x350
>Hey, Anon! What's your favorite TV show?
>>
>>25359105
Fuck off nigger's, I don't speak your ooga booga language.
>>
File: 1445834070533.png (301 KB, 496x414) Image search: [Google]
1445834070533.png
301 KB, 496x414
>>25359105
>T.V
>2015
The fuck away from me you fucking normies.
>>
File: 133106490852129.jpg (30 KB, 292x279) Image search: [Google]
133106490852129.jpg
30 KB, 292x279
Frasier.
>>
To people I'm aquainted with: I don't really watch tv. I'll watch Walking Dead until Daryl dies then I'll probably not watch anything again.

To people that know me: Walking dead, some cartoons, not much really.

If they specifically ask if I watch FiM: Sure. It's a fun little toon that's more well written than I'd have expected.

If it's just random people who I don't know I'll politely say "Nothing, really." and go on with whatever it is I was doing.

>>25359146
This would change up the question. I assumed they meant current and answered accordingly. If they were to ask favorite tv show of all time... I'd have to go with Real Ghostbusters and MASH. I may not watch MASH anymore but at any point I'd see it on tv I could stop, watch it, and fully enjoy it even if I'd already seen the episode. Very few shows can do that for me. Real Ghostbusters was my childhood and the first several seasons without the corporate meddling had some great episodes.
>>
>>25359185
If the friends specifically ask if I watch FiM, that is. I'm polite to random people but if someone would just run up and ask if I like FiM I'd just be confused more than anything. I'd just ask "Do I know you?" and be done with it.
>>
>>25359105
>2015
>watching TV
Fuck off
>>
>>25359105
veggie tales.
>>
>>25359105
Oh my god, you don't just ask people what their favourite TV show's are
>>
>>25359122
http://youtu.be/8ABOqRfe9Dw
>>
>>25359105
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, actually. Fuck it, I have nothing to lose. My friends already know I watch lots of cartoons and anime and I sort of have a reputation as the least normal of the group, they might not even be surprised.
>>
File: NormiesGetOut.gif (533 KB, 367x206) Image search: [Google]
NormiesGetOut.gif
533 KB, 367x206
>>25359280
>2015
>Having friends
The best way to not accidentally reveal your power level to your friends is to not have friends.
>>
>>25359105
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Duh, that's why I'm on /mlp/.
>>
>>25359280
They talk so much shit about you behind your back.
>>
>>25359309
Good thing I don't have a back.
>>
>>25359309
Probably. Doesn't everyone talk shit about everyone behind their back? I don't really care.
>>
>>25359340
You should care.
>>
>>25359354
Why, because you do excessively?
>>
>>25359354
Why?
>>
>>25359309
>having friends who dont talk shit to your face
your friends a shit.
>>
>>25359105
I don't really have a favorite. It was Doctor Who for a while, but I haven't enjoyed that show as much since series 7.
>>
>>25359473
Matt Smith wasn't that great, but his last couple of episodes were GOAT. You should watch them if you haven't seen them. I had hope for Capaldi, but that was quickly dashed away.
>>
>>25359280

Only one who understands that my favorite show is mlp can be my friend, and that's why I don't have any friends
>>
>>25359238
Underrated post. Veggies are comfy as fuck.
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (78 KB, 669x1000) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
78 KB, 669x1000
>>25359238
>>25359618
christfags pls go
>>
>>25359494
I'm still watching the show, and Smith is actually my favorite Doctor. I just can't get into Capaldi, he seems kind of lifeless by comparison to the three before him.
>>
>>25359738
>i haven't enjoyed the show since series 7
>smith is my favorite doctor
You stopped enjoying it right when Smith took over. I don't understand how he's your favorite doctor.

Yeah, Capaldi was a real let down. He was good for his first couple of episodes. I was hoping the show's quality would rise again with him taking the lead, but they're just fucking it sideways right now.
>>
>>25359779
I'm fairly sure Smith came onto the show in series 5 and 7 was his last one. I'm going with the British terms here where series=season, mind you.

I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to like Capaldi. Maybe it's because the show tossed aside most of its story arcs around the time he appeared, maybe it's because he's less energetic than the previous Doctors, or maybe it's just because they retconned out the effects of the Time War and his character feels more shallow without that aspect. It's probably the combination of all of those factors.
>>
>>25359837
I don't know what I was thinking. I know series=season, but I thought 7 was when Smith started.

To be fair, a lot of the recent arcs were shit and I'm glad they're gone. Capaldi is just as eccentric as the other doctors, he just doesn't have the same spark. I think they should have taken his doctor's personality in a whole different direction than what they're trying to do and he would have been able to match it a lot better. I actually kind of like the Time War retcon, just because it was kind of shitty that he destroyed his whole race and wasn't even able to do the same to the Daleks, making it a pointless sacrifice. Though, I get what you're saying. One thing I have to say about Capaldi's series is that I rather like Missy. She's only the second best Master, but I really like her personality.
>>
>>25359934
Seems we have rather opposite opinions on the story arcs and Time War retcon, but I do like Missy a lot. Almost feels as if she got all the energy and excitement that Capaldi didn't manage to retain after his debut.

I don't want to put it all down to a lack of "spark", since that's pretty vague, but it's hard to pin down anything more precise as the cause.
>>
>>25360009
>I don't want to put it all down to a lack of "spark"
I'm not saying it's not there at all, it would just be better used towards a different personality. They just really fucked up writing Capaldi's character.
>>
>>25359105
Jelly Jamm
>>
>>25360029
I can't be certain whether to agree. It's so hard to work out the cause of these things. People say Capaldi's parts of the show are badly written, but people said Smith and Tennant's parts were badly written and I loved those, so what changed? Should I listen to critics who explain the things I don't like, then dismiss the same people when they complain about things I enjoy? There must be an answer. Unfortunately, no one's likely to find it.
>>
>>25360101
Smith's and Tennant's characters were written fine. It's the story that surrounds them that got fucked up from time to time. The fact that they were good characters saved them from a lot of shit. Capaldi is unfortunate enough to have a badly written character and a mediocre story surrounding him.
>>
>>25359597
>not having a friend to watch mlp with
shame my friend kind of lost interest in the show
>>
>>25360129
That seems to make sense. Bet you could post that on another board and find a hundred people who preach the opposite as the absolute truth, though. In the end it'd come down to the standard 4chan conclusion of "everything has flaws that someone somewhere finds unforgivable, so everything is shit".

In retrospect, this may not be the best website to go on if one's intention is to be happy.
>>
File: I'm enjoying my anger.jpg (32 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
I'm enjoying my anger.jpg
32 KB, 300x100
>>25360181
>this may not be the best website to go on if one's intention is to be happy
Who wants to be happy?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.