[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Runaway Hayride (CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6
>No matter the extent of the Princess's power, the burgeoning border of Equestria is a dangerous, risky place to live.
>The arid southern lands are mostly flat and dry or craggy and dangerous, not much able to be grown fast even with Earth pony know-how and what Pegasi that make it down this way.
>More than that, there are Buffalo tribes to be wary of along with plenty other dangers.
>Yet, some ponies head that way for several reasons.
>Some are tired of the over-swelling population in Canterlot and other eastern cities, heading south for the wide open spaces and untapped potentials.
>Some go out here to try and make their own claim in the world through various ways (from settling new towns, mining gems, or even other more sordid methods).
>And some have a calling to go here, whether by cutie mark or otherwise.

>You are Hay Wain, an Earth Pony mare with a rusty red coat, a peach mane and tail - both with a lighter line down their middles (and currently sort of gussied up for travel), light blue eyes, and a haybale tied in a green ribbon cutiemark.
>You own a small hay farm a short distance from the newly settled Dodge Junction.
>It's a growing business, but still humble considering both the yield and the amount of ponies to sell to in these parts.
>You manage to make payments for the land and other supplies when they come due, but it often gets tight.

>That's why you're on the stage heading even farther south right now.
>A... 'friend' sent you a letter recently saying how he had found an 'Once in a lifetime deal' and to come down to Gemsfield with as many bits as you can.
>While your 'friend' isn't the straightest shooter around, he does have good luck when the bits are down and stakes are high.
>So, you're on your way after setting up the farm for a time with the workers running it, as many bits as you could spare and a dream it'll turn into something far bigger.

(1/2)
>>
>>25357983

>The ride has been relatively smooth even if the scenery is repetitive.
>The inside is like most every stage this way: red cushioned seats and brown walls otherwise - cozy enough.
>At least there haven't been any Buffalo, though you've kept alert all the same.

>You and a sleeping unicorn on the opposite seat are the only ones on the stage, your companion having been asleep since you boarded at Dodge Junction.
>He looks like the typical stallion from Canterlot: shiny silver coat, short well-groomed off-white mane and tail with ivory tips, flowery cutiemark of a red rose without stem and three sparkles.
>He's got a brand new ivory hat on the seat next to him and, while not usual for ponies coming from the big city, what looks like a new tan saddlebag-gun belt under that.
>As far as clothing, he's got a bright white undershirt with gray vest and long dark tie tucked into it, gold chain from the forward pocket.
>He also has some fancy new horseshoes on those polished white hooves.

>A hard bump in the road jostles the stage hard enough to juggle you both on your seats.
>It seems it also persuades your companion that he's been sleeping long enough, deep green eyes blinking open followed by a yawn and stretch.
>This turns into a smile as he looks over at you, pretty easily putting on one of those 'suave' airs before he glances out the window for a few moments.
>"Howdy, ma'am" he greets in a smooth voice with a nod as he shifts into a proper sit, looking back at you again.
>You nod back, but don't say anything as you focus back on what you were working on.
>You could be neighborly and start up a conversation... but then again, you also don't need a city pony trying to sweet talk you which it looks like he's planning on with that expression.

>If you do conversate, can always ask him a thing or two at that (though maybe nothing too rude or personal for a stranger)
>You could also just ignore him and keep on working on your crossword backlog too (or otherwise)
>>
>>25357998
No need to be callous. Nothing wrong with a bit of small talk.

Ask him why he's headed south.
>>
>>25357998
talk to him, just because he's cityfolk isn't an excuse for us to be rude. we have to set the example and who knows, maybe he'll be civil.
>>
>>25357998
>flowery cutiemark of a red rose without stem and three sparkles
Is he gay?
>>
>>25357983
you got your meme permit?
>>
>>25357998
Give him a howdy. Ask him what brings him all the way out here.
>>
>>25357998
If he's gonna try to sweet talk us we can just put our hoof down right off the bat and tell 'im that we don't appreciate that kind of attention from a stallion we don't know.
>>
>>25357998
You could ask to help you with your crossword puzzle.
>>
>>25358049
>>25358051
>>25358075

>You decide even if he looks it, he might not be one of those fast-talkers, putting your pencil down and facing him again.
"Have a nice nap?" you ask with a little smile.
>"Oh yes," he replies, stretching out again before patting down his vest.
>"I hope I didn't snore much."
"Oh, no," you assure him.
"So, what are you heading down to Gemsfield for?"
>"I'm returning from a trip to Canterlot for one of my clients. She says she'll have more for me to do soon."
>"How about you, hmm ma'am?" he asks with a raised brow, looking to the tan saddlebag-gun belt you're wearing.
>"Don't see too many mares around lookin' like you." He finishes that with a cluck and even a wink.
>You snort softly, but giggle in a kind sort of way.
"Oh, I have a friend I'm visiting," is all you comment.

>>25358107

"Hey, d'ya mind helping me out with my puzzle?"
>You reach down, holding up the paper with just a few blanks left.
>"Ahh, that's no fun. It's better to figure it out yourself, don't you think?"

>>25358056
Stallions can be fabulous without being gay... maybe?

>>25358058
I have it stashed away somewhere here... :^)
>>
>>25358153
Fair enough. Name's Hay Wain.
>>
>>25358153
Is that supposed to be the prompt or...
>>
>>25358153
name
>>
>>25358176
>>25358183

Bah, thing didn't save the name. Yes, sorry.
>>
>>25358153
Sure bub. Whatever.
Just make sure you finish this thread and we're good
>>
>>25358153
Time to solve this puzzle on our own then. I wanted to see how smart he was.
>>
>>25358207

>The unicorn seems appeased with your simple reason for visiting Gemsfield too, looking out the window before back again.
>"I'm Rose Shine, by the way," he introduces himself with a reach out of a foreleg.
"Hay Wain," you reply with a reach for a shake before turning back to your puzzle.
>"Miss Hay, hmm? If you're a farmer, I dabble in that, just so you know. Deeds and the like."
>You just nod at him, staring at the clue for the puzzle you were on before he woke up.
>'An affectionate way to tease a friend, often on the nose' - 4 spaces
>You're not the most hip on current slang, though it feels like you've heard this kind of thing before.
>>
>>25358295
boop
>>
>>25358295
boop
>>
>>25358295
evisceration
>>
>>25358295
Kiss.
>>
>>25358313

>'Hmm, a kiss is a four letter affection... but it's not really meant for teasing.'
>'Not 'round these parts, at least.'

>>25358303
>>25358306

>Oh yeah, that thing you read about in the papers - BOOP.
>Cityfolk come up with the weirdest words.
>"Ahh, see? Isn't that satisfying?" Rose comments as you fill in the clue.
"Heh, sure is," you comment back a little flatly.
>"So... where do you hail from? And how good are you with that?"
>The latter question with a nod of his snout towards your gun.
>You're a pretty good shot, but he doesn't need to know that.

>Should you tell him?
>>
>>25358440
We're as good as we need to be.
>>
>>25358440
Good enough to crack ziggers on my property.
>>
>>25358440
I live a little ways from Dodge.

As for the pistol... Just hope you're not on the business end if you get to find out.
>>
>>25358440
Good enough.
>>
>>25358440
I'm learning to use it. Haven't made any mistakes yet!
>>
>>25358452
>>25358454
>>25358460

"I live a little ways off of Dodge Junction," you answer to the first question.
>The unicorn just nods as if he expected it, smiling as he does.
"As far as this," patting the gun at your side, "I'm as good as I need ta be with it.
"Enough ta protect my property 'n all."
>Rose nods again with a chuckle and that knowing smile again.
>You decide to put a little fire in him.
"Probably better'n a lot of unicorns and griffons too."
>You follow that with a cluck and wink of your own.
>"Really now?" Rose asks with a raised brow.
>"Maybe we should try that sometime. I wouldn't mind more time with a lovely mare like you."

>How to respond?
>>
>>25358548
no
>>
>>25358548
Maybe if I'm not too busy I'll take you up on that.
>>
>>25358548
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, I recognize a flatterer when I see one.
>>
>>25358548
Shooting contest? Might be cool.
>>
>>25358548
A DUEL THEN!
PISTOLS AT HIGH NOON!
>>
"Like a shootin' contest? Maybe if I get time for it," you crack back with the same confidence.
"Take it easy on the sweet lil' nothings though."
>Rose snorts, but hesitantly nods before glancing out the window.
>"It's a shame what's happened out here," he starts with a shaking head.
>"Hope you and your friend aren't trying to get into the gem business this way."
>Your ears perk to that, taking a glance out the window too.
>The dusty, flat landscape looks like it has been pelted with shooting stars, small and larger craters all around.
"We'll work it out. So, what business would any 'client' need with a city Unicorn out here? If not fer gems, at least."
>"Oh, I do odd jobs along with my lawyer duties. Recently, I transferred the earnings of a client to the Canterlot Bank since there's no banks out here yet."
>You make a quiet snort and shake your head.
>'Shoulda figured unicorns and money.'
>"As I said, if you should ever need any services, ma'am," he starts, card emerging from his coat with a green aura before being placed on your papers.

>Do you take the card?
>>
>>25358740
No harm in it.
>>
>>25358740
Sure.
>>
>>25358740
just nod and take it, more out of politeness than because we think we'd need him.
>>
>>25358740
thank him. we'll hopefully never need it.
>>
>You look down at the card: "Rose Shine & Glimmer Spark: Ponies at Law"
>You nod as you pick it up, reaching over and into your saddlebag.
"Thank ya, I'll keep ya in mind if I need some legal business take care of," you agree.
>He's just pushing his business, you know, but no harm in it either way.
>Dropping the card off, you feel the small crinkle of your hoof brushing a bag... then your tummy rumbles.
>Pulling the bag out, you open it up with a few sniffs and flick of your tail.
>Fresh hay from your farm, always a good meal.
>Rose looks over with a wanting expression, though doesn't say anything, taking his watch out and opening it up.

>Should you offer him some?
>>
>>25358843
Might as well make friends with the rich pony.
>>
>>25358843
Take a bite and see if he ignores you or not. Ask when was the last time he ate and then offer some food. He can get a piece if it's been awhile.
>>
>>25358843
Give a long suffering sigh. We're too nice for our own good. Offer him some.
>>
>>25358843
Well, you should always be careful what you give a lawyer, but a little hay can't hurt.
>>
>>25358843
Tongue-fuck the hay just to make him super jealous
>>
>You reach down, take a bite and lean back up with closed-mouth munching.
>Rose takes another glance to the golden delicacy you are enjoying before giving a sigh.
>His stomach audibly rumbles.
>You, in turn, make a long sigh of your own, though smiling to not rub it in too much.
"Didja want some, Mister Rose?" you ask with a twitch of your tail.
>The unicorn blushes and nods, a few pieces glowing in green as the float over to him.
>"I haven't eaten since I got on, so thank you, ma'am. Just a bite, though; I have a dinner date some time after we should arrive."
>He goes about chewing as you reach down for another bite, Rose swallowing his bite as you go about eating your next.
>"I'm indebted to you, Miss Hay. Maybe I could treat you to a meal sometime?" he asks with that smooth smile.

>How to respond?
>>
>>25359012
If I can find the time sure.
>>
>>25359012
Glance toward his dick, wink and say It depends what's on the menu
>>
>>25359012
Perhaps.
>>
>>25359012
Tell ya what, you beat me at shooting, I'll let you take me out for dinner.
>>
>Your chewing stops for a few moments to that question, making an displeased expression.
>That makes Rose clear his throat and sort of glance out the window again.
>You take that time to give a small look over the whole of him.
>'Eh, not bad for some city pony.'
>'And it's not like you meet many stallions since you started your farm.'
>You finish your snack before you make another sigh, even giggling a little.
"Maybe I will if I get the time fer something like that," you comment with a nod and soft sniff.
"Maybe it should be the reward for our would-be shootin' match."
>"Oh, those would definitely be acceptable terms," Rose responds with a grin and a small spark of green at the tip of his horn.
>"Gemsfield, last stop!!!" booms from outside.
>"Oh," the unicorn comments with a drop of that smile, own tail twitching once.
>"Now I wish I had been awake earlier."
>"I'll have to make sure to find you around town sometime, hmm?" he asks with a cluck of his tongue, putting his saddlebag-gun belt on.

>How to respond?
>>
>>25359202
We're bound to run into the other sooner or later. See ya around Rose.
>>
>>25359202
Guess so. See you later Rose.
>>
"I'm sure we'll see each other, Mister Rose," you agree with another small, but friendly smile.
>Rose nods in turn, magically raising his hat and topping himself with it, adjusting just a touch with a hoof.
>The stage was already slowing as you go about collecting your papers, a good dent in the backlog.
>By the time you've put everything back into your saddlebag, the coach has stopped, Rose opening the door and tipping his hat to you.
>"Take care now, Miss Hay," he says before hopping out, trotting off and away from the vehicle.

---

I'm about to stop for the night, but arguing on one more post. It's going to be a scenery post with choices on where to go in town. Should I go ahead and post it and use those choices next time or wait until next time to get a decision?
>>
>>25359328
Post it and let it sit to be decided on, that way you we're advancing even on off time.
>>
>>25359328
le post
>>
>Following the unicorn's lead, you go about securing your saddlebad-gun belt and reach over, topping yourself with your brown stetson hat.
>You also adjust your green neckerchief out of habit.
>Hopping out of the stage, you get a better survey of the land than from its window.
>The town itself is pretty small and hastily made: just like most gem boomtowns nowadays.
>The saloon is across the street, The Lucky Clover probably the most firmly established building with slight weathering on its two-story green-and-red frame.
>The sheriff's office and doctor's office look like the same wide building with two doors, noticeable slits between the wooden boards of the building.
>The general store is on the opposite side of the saloon, Bovine Bests shows the most care of all the buildings, looking freshly swept and painted in a white with black spots pattern.
>Behind you and the stage is the hotel/restaurant, The Tasty Spread is a floor taller than the saloon, seemingly in good condition from the outside with scantily weathered red paint.
>The stage depot is to the left of the tall building, housing the mail office too and looking in similar disrepair as the other officials' buildings.
>There are several houses built down from the hotel and the sheriff/doctor, but they look completely abandoned much like the nearby gem farms and shanties.
>Maybe 'bust-town' is more the right word for this place.

>"Here ya go, lady," the switch stage puller called from above, giving you a few moments to turn before throwing down your suitcase.
"Thanks," you call back, but the gruff brown-coated pony was already pulling out the pitiful mailbag for delivery.

>The saloon is probably where your 'friend' is right now, so that would probably be the best place to go.
>Though, with the stage leaving soon and none scheduled until tomorrow, you could probably go get a room at the hotel too.
>You could also go elsewhere... though you don't really have any good reason to right now.
>>
---

And with that, pause for now. Will start again probably a deal earlier tomorrow around 6~6:30 EST. Thank you all for playing and for your patience as I get a good feel on how to do these things.
>>
>>25359410
Nah, we can room with our friend, save a few bits. If not, there will always be rooms later.

Salloon is good for now.
>>
bunp
>>
double bump
>>
>>25359410
Let's go see our friend and hear what his plan is. I would like to know if the trip was worth it. He might also be able to tell us what he knows about the town so far.
>>
Bip
>>
>>25363104
>>
>>25363104
>>
>>25363104
>>
>>25363104
>>
Okay, sorry for the later-than-intended time; got home late and was working on some pre-type. Thank you for keeping the thread bumped!

---

>You decide it'll probably be best to get the waiting over with and find out what your 'friend' has stumbled upon.
>You pick up your suitcase and hoof it over to the saloon, stopping a few trots away from the door with a snort and nosescrunch.
>The stench of cigarettes and a wide variety of liquor hits you, making you groan and shake your head.
>You haven't been to a saloon in quite a while and you manage to avoid the one when you go shopping in Dodge Junction.

>Another shake of your head and you buck up, taking a deep breath and walking forward.
>Walking through the doors, the first thing you notice is the slender griffon with light brown fur, red striped vest, and bowler hat playing the piano between the empty stage and stairs.
>Seeing you enter, dark brown eyes turn your way for a moment and one set of talons come up to tip his hat your way with a smile before back to playing again.

>While it's obvious the place has seen plenty of use before from the scratched walls and tables, that's not the truth now.
>The most going on is a poker game involving an Unicorn stallion, a Pegasus stallion, and a minotaur cow with an Unicorn mare watching over them.

[1/2]
>>
>There are a few stray ponies beyond this.

>Rose is at the bar, giving you a tip of his hat too when he sees you looking his way before back to his drink.

>The bartender has on a similar vest to the griffon, Earth Pony with a dark brown coat, combed and parted blond mane, blond tail, almond eyes, and a mug cutiemark.
>He just smiles and nods your way with something of a hopeful look in his eyes before going back to cleaning what looks like an already clean glass with black hooves and a wash rag.

>There's another pony at the bar some seats down from the unicorn, stout Earth Pony with an orange-brown coat, mellow green mane, and a soapbar colored in gray-white marbling cutiemark.
>He doesn't seem to notice you, seeing part of the back of his black vest and similarly colored hat tipped so you can't see his eyes, though he looks to be glancing at one of the tables when not nursing his drink with tan hooves.

>An almost petite Pegasus mare is sitting by herself at a table, dark blue coat with her teal and green-white striped mane mostly hidden with a bonnet of the same color as her checkered green-white dress.
>She doesn't have a drink and just looks interested in the poker game, although yellow eyes do turn your way for a few moments when you come in, the glance also offering a view of sky blue earrings in her ears beneath that bonnet as well.

>The pony you're supposed to be meeting is playing cards, so that's probably where you should head.
>He doesn't seem to have noticed you yet, though, so you could get a drink or just observe the game yourself.
>You're not against striking up a conversation with one of the other ponies (or griffon) either, though it'd have to be short for both your sake and the fact your 'friend' is probably going to spot you at some point.
>>
>>25368497
It took a fair while to get here, so a little refreshment would be welcome. Get a drink and watch the game. Lets make sure our friend didn't call us here to cover his debts.
>>
>>25368497
Let's watch the game and see how it's going. Does our friend have good decision making abilities?
>>
>>25368497
Where's the Earth Pony with the soapbar looking at? Let's have a chat with the Pegasus and see if she knows how are friend is doing..
>>
>He can wait a little while; best not to interrupt his 'business.'
>You decide to get a drink, trotting over to the bar with a friendly greeting from the bartender.
>Before you can speak up, though, Rose clears his throat and taps a hoof on the counter.
>"Whatever she wants, Mugs; it's on me."
>The bartender twitches his tail with a 'yes sir!' before looking back to you.
"I think just a saddlerilla for now," you say to Mugs before offering a smile and nod as thanks to the Unicorn.
>Something non-alcoholic for now, though you might need something before the day's over.

>While the bartender gets your drink, you try and look at the pony behind Rose and see exactly where he's glancing.
>His back is to you for the most part, hat still blocking his view from your angle.
>He could be looking at the game, the pegasus, the griffon... maybe even drunk enough to be watching a show on the empty stage.

>You take your drink and decide to see how the game's been going (and watch it yourself some) and head over to the only pony that seems intent on it.
"Howdy, may I have a seat?" you ask the Pegasus.
>"Oh, sure," she responds, a small glance at you again before back towards the trio of card players.
"So, how's it been going?" you go on as you take that seat before taking a sip of your drink.
>"He's been winning for the past hour or so after some drops," the Pegasus briefly states, pointing a hoof towards the Unicorn card player.

>Yup, that sounds like your 'friend.'
>Buck Maverick is his name, his back to the rest of the saloon and his black hat keeping him from even noticing much behind him.
>He's wearing his usual outfit - white undershirt with black bowtie and a black vest, similarly colored saddlebag-gun belt over the back of his chair.
>His cutiemark is of two playing cards - The Ace of Spades and the Ace of Hearts.

>Talk more or what next?
>>
>>25369072
Is she local or just visiting?
>>
>>25369072
Lets learn a bit more about the town. Don't forget to introduce ourself.
>>
>>25369072
We should inform our friend that we're here when the game is over.
>>
>>25369237
We shouldn't distract him while he's "working".
>>
>You glance at the game for a few short moments, Pegasus card player looking kind of anxious and the minotaur probably about to blow steam out of her nose.

>Buck isn't in any trouble, you imagine, so you turn back to the Pegasus at your table.
"I'm Hay Wain, by the way," you introduce yourself before taking another sip of your drink.
>"Muggy Day, it's a pleasure," she replies, albeit still with her eyes toward the game table.
"Good ta meet ya. So, are you from around here?"
>That question makes Muggy's wings twitch before she turns, giving a small sniffle.
>"Oh, yes. I live here. I plan on moving soon, though," she admits with a small sigh.
>Before you can ask why or respond, she continues.
>"There's nothing here for me anymore. Not much here for many ponies that don't want to risk their lives."

>With that, there's a loud 'SLAM' and bellow, the whole saloon going quiet as all eyes move to the game table.
>"You've gotta be cheating, mister! No way you have that much luck!" the minotaur yells, fists still on the table as she looms over it toward Buck.
>The Unicorn's hooves raise and wag a little.
>"Now, now ma'am, need I remind you that this is your deck of cards," he points out, tapping his freshly laid hand.
>"And you dealt them this turn. As my pappy always said, 'Don't hate the player, hate either the dealer or the cards - or both.'

>These wise words don't seem to appease the large minotaur cow, actually snorting steam as she shakes.
>"Hey, cut that out!" the bartender yells, though this falls on deaf ears.

>What should you do?
>>
>>25369542
Intervene. Say that you're sure that this is just a misunderstanding. Your friend wouldn't cheat over whatever is being lost right now. Does he only win when he shuffles the cards?
That should determine if he cheats or not I hope.
>>
>>25369542
That's quite enough of that. If you can't handle losing you shouldn't be playing. Especially against a guy with a card cutiemark.
>>
>You bring another shock to the saloon as one of your hooves smacks the table near your drink, all eyes turning to you this time.
"Easy now, ma'am. No reason callin' a cheater with no evidence," you point out with a stern look, staring down the bigger minotaur cow.
>She seems glares right back for a few moments, eyeing you over... then a quick glance of the rest of the bar.
>This ends with her snorting out another burst of steam before stamping out, one of the swinging doors getting knocked off its hinges as she pushes through.
>The Pegasus that was playing takes this time to gather up what gems and bits he had left and bolt out the door.

>With the situation defused, the griffon starts his playing again as Buck takes a deep breath before letting it out.
>"Whew, thanks Hay. Y'know I can't hit a lady, so I would've been in trouble there," the Unicorn comments as he adjusts his hat.
>"Makes you long for the Canterlot life sometimes where things end in a hug and an apology breakfast with pancakes and chocolate milk."
>"But really, it's nice to see you again, Hay. How've you been?"
>You snort out and shoot Buck a look.
"It's Miss Hay to you," you reply with something of an already exasperated expression.
>The Unicorn looks annoyed himself, but regains his smile with a snort.
>"Miss Hay, then."
"I've been good enough. How about you, hmm Buck?" you say with a small smile.
>"Aww, come on now, Miss Hay. You know I like to be call-"
"How have you been, -Buck-?" you repeat.
>He sighs with a twitch of his tail, then just chuckles.
>"Oh, you know, keeping busy, as you can see," he points out, nudging his head towards the big pile of bits and gems on the table.
>There was more money there than you probably have seen all your life.

>What next?
>>
>>25370039
So why did we need to bring as many bits as we could to town? Ask where he's staying. Also I want to know more about the life risking Muggy was talking about.
>>
>>25370039
So why am I out here Buck? What's the big opportunity you couldn't tell me about in a letter.
>>
>You resist whistling at the pile since Buck's ego definitely never needs a boost.
"So, what, are ya planning on buying the town with that or somethin'?" you ask with a raised brow.
>"Heh, no, although the saloon and hotel are both fun enough to tempt me," he responds with a grin.
"Hotel, hmm? Reckon that's where you're stayin'?"
>"Both of us, really!" he says with a laugh.
>You twitch ears and snort to that enthusiastic response... but you'll follow up on that later.

"What's this amazing deal that ya have going, hmm -Buck-?" you ask him upfront with your own snort.
>Buck glances around, then loops a foreleg around you, dragging you to the empty game table.
>"Well, Miss Hay, I've come across an amazing find! It's a mine bound to be crammed full of gems! Enough to make this look... like... nothing...."
>Your expression is apparently working, cheeks puffed and eyes staring making the Unicorn shrink some.
>"Now, now, wait a second! It's a special mine!"
"Special how?"
>"It's barely been touched because it's supposedly haunted," he responds, hooves coming up as if expecting a hit.

>What next?
>>
>>25370348
Ask what spooky happening have occurred at this mine. Why does any pony think it's haunted?
>>
>>25370348
If this town is so desperate why didn't somebody else go for this mine?
>>
>>25370348
Ponies are greedy Buck. If a mine full of gems is untouched there's a damn good reason for it.
>>
>You blink, then snort at the response.
"Just how is it 'haunted'?" you ask, raising hooves for a wag at the last word.
>"Oh, well, that's the somber note," he comments, looking to the sides, then back at you again.
>"That Pegasus's father and all of his workers vanished in it," he goes on, shifting some to point out Muggy Day.
>'That explains what she was talking about.'
>"Since she's the sole survivor, she has ownership of the mine in her father's stead."
"And why doesn't she mine it herself? Or sell it ta somepony else?" you press on him.
>"Well, for the former, I imagine grief is cause for this. She's pretty broken up about it," he explains with a small snort.
>"And the reason somepony else didn't buy it is... well, like I said, they think it's haunted. Tell a few ponies something is spooky and they'll avoid it like an Ursa Major cave."
>"Although, she says she sold it once before, but the stallion cancelled the deal before it went through after surveying it."
>Buck glances again before leaning in for a whisper.
>"If I had to guess, her father got caught up in some trouble and had to hoof it pretty quickly is why he went missing. Happens far too often out here."

>What next?
>>
>>25370629
Lets ask her for the story.
>>
>>25370629
We should talk to her about these ghosts.
>>
>>25370629
>but the stallion cancelled the deal before it went through after surveying it
Then we should probably survey it as well before we consider buying.

Also, how much would this mine cost? We're a hay farmer, not a prospector or miner.

>>25370692
This.

Also we should consider that this might be a scam.
>Muggy Day inherits a useless mine
>Buck approaches her, saying that he can sell it for far more than it's worth. All he wants in return is a cut of the profit
>Buck then approaches an acquaintance and tells them a made up story about ghosts and untapped riches
>After the mine is sold, Buck takes his money and runs before the con is exposed
So, be on the lookout for suspicious activity.
>>
>You look at Buck, then over to Muggy, the Pegasus having finally gotten something to drink.
>You drink was still there too as well as your suitcase beside the seat.
"I think I wanna hear this from her," you say as you give Buck a nudge before trotting back over to the table.
>The Unicorn grabs his saddlebag-gun belt and puts it on, then magics his winnings over to the table, taking a seat too.
>"You did very well, Mister Maverick," Muggy compliments, making him smile and nod.
>"Well, I do have years of experience," Buck gloats... before grunting as you bump him in the side.
>"Ahh, but yes. I don't mean to distress you, Miss Muggy, but Miss Hay here would like to hear about your father."
>The Pegasus bites her lip for a moment before taking a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh.
>"My pa was a good pony," she begins with a little sniffle.
>"He worked hard for what he got and raised me right. He didn't deserve to... snf!" she says, sobbing with a raise of her hoof to her eye.
>"There, there, Miss Muggy," Buck consoles, levitating a cloth from his pocket over to her, Pegasus using that.

>She swallows hard, then starts again.
>"But one day, he just never came home. I asked some ponies to go look for him, but they didn't want to get too close with the mine glowing sometimes.
"Glowing?" you ask.
>"Yeah. The ponies said there was some strange light deep in the cave," Muggy replies.
>"I don't know why ghostponies'd want my pa or his men, but that's gotta be who got 'em."
>"I'm glad for all the bits my pa saved too; I hadta use a lot of 'em to pay off his debts. That's why I'm tryin' ta sell the mine and my house, to get up enough money after all that to move back north."

[1/2]
>>
>Listening to her story, you consider it as Buck goes about comforting her a little more.
"Do you think we could survey it before we commit?" you ask after a short time.
"The previous stallion did it, right?"
>Muggy takes a big sniffle, then snorts out, wings fluttering a little.
>"I wouldn't mind, no ma'am. But I-I'm not going near there," she adds in with a tremble and added sniffle.
>"Just... well, please don't take any gems without buying the mine," she implores.
>"I need every bit I can get and don't want ta get cheated or anything."
>>
>>25371133
I promise. We're only there to look.
>>
>>25371133

Forgot~

>What now?
>>
>>25371133
Oh we don't have sticky hooves.
>>
>>25371133
Sounds fair.
So, how far from town is this mine? Did the previous buyer say why he decided not to go through with the deal?
>>
"I promise, we'll do it right 'n proper if we're interested," you comment with right forehoof raise.
>"Here, as a good faith payment," Buck adds in, taking a small portion of that winnings pile on the table and levitating it over in front of Muggy.
>"Oh! Snf! Thank you, Mister Maverick," Muggy says, wings flapping once and something of a smile on her face again.
>"And you too, Miss Hay," she adds in with a nod, leaning down and picking up her purse, letting it come over her neck before placing that security payment inside.
"About how far from town is the mine?" you ask as the Pegasus secures the bits and more.
>"Oh, Mister Maverick knows. It's twelve or so miles southeast of town."
>Buck nods to agree with that.
"Why'd the other stallion cancel his deal? Does the mine really have gems?"
>"Last time I went... before pa passed, it was brimmin' deep inside. The pony just said he saw some spooky things and that's all he said."
>With that, Muggy clears her throat and sniffles again.
>"If you need anything... please let me know, okay?" she asks before starting to get up.
>"I think I need to go home for now," she adds in, one more dab of that cloth to her snout before returning it to Buck.
>"You both have a good evening."
>You both reply with the same before the small Pegasus makes a steady gait out of the saloon.
>Buck starts putting the rest of his winnings into his saddlebag as he turns to you with a smile.
>"So, what do you think of that, hmm partner?"

>What do you think?
>>
>>25371513
I'm wondering and worried about what's inside that mine but those gems do sound tempting.
>>
>>25371513
It's worth a look, and I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
>>
>>25371513
We should check it out.

>12 miles
It'll take around 4 hours of walking to get there, and 4 hours to walk back. We should leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning.

What's the time now? If it's still early in the day then we could Rose up on his shooting challenge. If it's late in the evening then we might as well check into the hotel.
>>
"I don't know what's in that mine, but pretty sure the gems are worth it, spooks or not."
>Buck claps his forehooves before getting out of his seat with a small stretch.
>"That's the spirit!" he agrees with a grin.
>"Besides, I've got your back, whatever we come up against."
"Like last time, hmm?" you ask with a snort, tilting your hat up with a hoof.
>"I was very sorry for that, Miss Hay. Why I'm trying to make it up with this," he says with a quick nod.
"Well, we'll see," you plainly state before finishing your drink, getting down, and picking up your suitcase again.
>Buck clears his throat and adjusts his collar for a moment, then smiles.
>"So, do you wanna go buy some surveying equipment? The general store here sells all of that kind of stuff," he points out with something of a giddy bounce.
>"It's probably still open this late too!"
"Well, we probably should leave early tomorrow, so it'd probably be good ta get set up," you agree as you grunt, throwing your suitcase on your back again.
>"Or we can go to the hotel if you feel like getting a room set up. I'll even pay for it."
>You snort again, then look at him with a squint.
"Better be separate rooms, even around an empty town like this," you point out.
>Buck swallows and waves a forehoof.
>"Ahh, of course, Miss Hay! I don't intend to intrude on your privacy!"

>To the General Store or to the Hotel?

---

Also, last post for this session. We'll start next time (probably a short one tomorrow) heading to whichever place you guys choose. Thank you for playing!
>>
>>25371804
Thanks OP.
Let's head to the general store first.
>>
>>25371804
Store. Maybe Buck could take our case over to the hotel for us and get us a room.
>>
>>25371804
Getting some kind of light source would be good since we're going to look at a mine.
>>
>>25374239
>>
>>25375289
>>
>>25374239
>>
>>25377264
>>
>>25374239
>>
>>25374239
>>
>>25374239
>>
>>25374239
>>
---

Okay, I guess I'm glad I said probably~ Nothing tonight, sadly, as things came up and the usual bullshit. Pinkie Promise will be one Monday night, probably starting around 6:30 EST (although, if you players want it a little later/maybe earlier, let me know). I apologize again and hope you all had a good weekend!

---
>>
>>25383557
rip
>>
>>25385105
>>
>>25386081
>>
>>25385105
>>
>>25385105
>>
Beb
>>
>>25386664
>>
>>25389254
>>
Thank you kind anons for the bumps! We begin again (a little early since I got off work early)!

---

"D'ya mind takin' my bag over to the hotel? I can probably handle shoppin' myself," you say with a small smile.
>Buck grins, adjusts his hat before clucking his tongue.
>"I'll take your suitcase, Miss Hay, but I think we should both go shopping," he says, levitating your bag in a brown aura as he trots out of the saloon.
>You quietly sigh before following after, making a slow pace even as the sun is sinking in the distance.
>The general store is still gonna be there and it's not like you have the bits to do much buying.

>By the time you get to the store, you see brown flashes through the window and the tan unicorn making them bouncing around inside.
>You shake your head with another sigh.
"What a colt..."
>The door jingles when you head inside, trying to take a look around beyond Buck's giddy buying.
>"Oh, moo-ore customers! How lovely!" a low throaty voice bellows from the back of the shop.
>Looking in its direction makes your mouth partly gape, though you tug your lower lip up again pretty quickly.

>More than just some silly alliteration for the shop, the owner is really a cow!
>The only cows you've ever met were... well, your own, back on the farm (and your family's farm before that).
>This one is far more gussied up, though, having a solid gold cowbell necklace and mighty fine blue-white checkered dress.
>She also has black hair done up big with curls and big eyelashes for those blue eyes of hers too.
>Probably one of the most beautiful bovines you've ever seen.

>"Watch out fer mah nappin' husband there and let me know if ya need any help, darlin'!"
>That comment draws your attention to the side, white-coated unicorn sleeping in a chair, pretty much covered in a bright blanket and big cowboy hat.
>He also has a rifle resting nearby.
>That is a general rule: be careful around sleeping unicorns and weaponry.

[1/2]
>>
>"She's with me, Miss Moo-riah," Buck calls out.
>"You can get what you want, Miss Hay. Whatever essentials you think we'll need... plus a little something just for you, if you'd like."
>You snort again and shoot a look towards the unicorn at that last part.
>He averts his eyes and returns to his happy shopping.
"Just remember a mining cap fer me since I don't have a built-in lantern," you point out.
>Buck just chuckles and nods, sending a firestone miner's cap to the counter too.

>You look around at the small, if not well-stocked store.
>There's mining equipment, cloth, medicine, water, milk and a few other flavored drinks, foodstuffs of various kinds; there are also smaller sections for alcohol, knives, guns/ammunition, and knick-knacks.
>Buck seems to be buying a good majority of things that you both might need: a couple of picks and buck-picks, the helmet for you, water, some flint and wood and bedrolls, dried oats for a couple days.
>You don't imagine it should take long enough to need some of the stuff, but Buck loves to do this kind of thing.

>You could go have a closer glance at particular sections to see if there is anything you'd like.
>You can probably have a conversation with Miss Moo-riah while you do it if you like or Buck. (Feel free to ask anything you like)
>Or you could just wait around until Buck's done, though that doesn't feel right - all the same, this was his idea and he probably has as good of idea as you do on what's needed.
>>
>>25390522
We should ask Moo-riah if she knows anything about the mine.

I'm sympathetic to the girl we want to buy this from, but she was laying it on pretty thick back at the saloon. I want some outside opinions.
>>
>>25390522
Ya'know Buck, I thought it was mares that love to go shopping.

Buy a shovel. We'll have it be sharpened.
>>
>>25390522
Some medical supplies, a good knife, and what kind of knick-knacks do they have? Lets ask Moo-riah about the towns history.
>>
>>25390522
How much ammo do we have for our gun?

If we know we're gonna run a ten round standard match against Rose we might want to go ahead and buy some premium rounds for that. Better ammo will mean better performance in the match.
>>
>Turns out they have already sharpened shovels since you kind of need them that way with the ground like it is around here.
>You grab one and add it to the small pile on the counter.
>While doing that, Buck almost runs into you as he looks at all of the things!
"Y'know, Buck, I'm pretty sure it's mares that're supposed ta love shoppin'," you point out with a sly smile.
>Buck just grins and waves a forehoof.
>"It's like my pappy always says, 'The only time you get to enjoy money is spending it on making more money.'"

>You blow air through your lips in something of a razz, then turn back to the selection.
"So, Miss Moo-riah, what do ya know about this town? And especially, do ya know about this mine Miss Muggy Day is sellin'?"
>You gather up some medical supplies too - they actually have medical alcohol that you pick up along with bandages and ointment.
>The knives are pretty sharp, look soundly made.
>You might have to get Buck to let you carry it and keep it after all this is said and done - can always use a good knife.

[1/2]
>>
Dumb thing needs to remember my name

>"Aww, Miss Muggy Day, that poor gal. I wish I could do moo-ore for her, ya know. Losin' her pa like that," Moo-riah starts.
>"I'm afraid I don't know much about that mine other than that. Me'n Sidestep there just got here a few months ago.
>"The town was moo-ore active back when me'n him bought this shop. Thinkin' of packin' up soon, really, with how it is. Last owner said he made a killin' here; wish I had that kinda luck!"
>"But these seem like good 'n honest folk from what I've seen. Ponies 'n griffons 'n minotaurs, some of 'em seem highstrung, but that's how the gem boom goes, heehee!"

>As the cow owner was going on, you were examining the knick-knacks and the ammo.
>The former weren't very impressive, mostly some real and tiny gems with the town's name on stands, a couple of pony miner figurines, several little golden picks.
>Not badly priced but... still, kind of gaudy.
>As far as ammo, you got the six in your gun and twelve more in your saddlebag on two small hoof-belts.
>It's not the best ammunition, but it's good enough to take care of problems and for shooting for fun.
>Definitely not gonna waste too much money on beating a cocky Unicorn.

>Any more questions or goods to examine?
>>
>>25390784
Think that might be everything.
>>
>You finish up your shopping and watch as Buck seemingly does the same.
"Thank you kindly for the information, Miss Moo-riah," you offer with a smile and nod.
>"Oh, no problem, darlin'. Sorry I couldn't be moo-ore help."
>"I think that's all of it," Buck cuts in, adding some wood and one of those miner pony statues.
>You make another sigh and shake your head.
>"If you don't mind, could you add it with my wagon?" the Unicorn asks.
>"Oh, sure, darlin'. We'll keep it nice 'n cozy," Moo-riah responds.
"Actually, can I hold on to the knife?" you ask before the cow gathers everything up.
>Moo-riah looks at you, then at Buck, then at the knife.
>"Sure, Miss Hay. Can have it as a memory of striking it rich," Buck smiles and nods.
>You go about putting the knife into your saddlebag, then turn to the Unicorn again.
"You already have a wagon?" you ask in surprise.
>Buck beams brightly and nods, levitating more of his winnings out to pay before giving something of a whinny.
>"Do you wanna see something special, Miss Hay?" he asks, levitating your bag again as he starts to escort you out.

>You could probably resist, the hotel is right next door after all.
>Then again, 'special' to Buck is really something to hear, so it might be worth a look.
>>
>>25391069
He took our bag hostage so we might as well.
>>
>>25391069
Let's go see.
>>
>>25391069
Sure.
>>
>You roll your eyes, but let Buck bring you along, out of the general store with Moo-riah bellowing a goodbye, then around the building.
>The Unicorn brings you to a wagon, looking in there's a medium-sized box and a big spool that looks something like soft wire.
>Buck opens the box, the container full of hay and thin brown tubes, one of which he levitates.
>"You see this, Miss Hay?" he asks, spinning it in the air.
>"If we buy the mine, this'll help us get things going real fast," going on as he claps forehooves.
>You look kind of incredulous at it, then at the Unicorn.
"And what is it?" you ask flat out.
>"It's amazing! It's something that Earth Ponies and Unicorns worked on together," he exclaims.
>"You see, you attach this to one of these," he points out the spool, then twirls the tube again.
>"Then you set it on fire and when the flame reaches the end of the wire... KABOOM!" he says with a giddy grin.
>You just kind of stare for a few moments.
"You're saying you want to blow up the mine and all the gems?" you ask flatly.
>"Well, ahh, no. I'll put them strategically so we don't have to mine with our hooves so hard, you see."

>How do you respond to the use of this... 'special' thing?
>>
>>25391247
seems extremely dangerous. Has he ever tested them out?
>>
"Have you even tried them out before?" you ask as you look back to the magical explosive stick Buck is spinning in the air still.
>"Come now, Miss Hay. You know I always make sure to test things that might kill me before they can," the Unicorn points out.
>You continue that stare even as Buck goes about replacing the tube and the box cover.
"Well, I reckon we'll talk about it if we actually buy the mine," you say before turning around, starting to trot off.
"Now come on, I'm tired and the moon is coming up."

>Darkness was hitting and you just wanted to get to the inn than hear more about his 'special' ideas.
>You trot ahead of Buck to the inn, going in and taking a look around.
>The inside is pretty fancily decorated with golden lamps on the wall, white wallpaper speckled with gold pony heads, and a royal-looking curtain to the side near the start of the sturdy stairs.
>It also has a stately looking desk with a bell, a sign-in book, and lavender-scented candle burning on it.
>The desk has a snarling pony on it as well; at least, her head and two forehooves.

>She's a shapely, almost thick Unicorn with a lemon yellow coat and sunset red mane and tail in curls.
>Her cutiemark, as best you can see, is a light orange sun with a big smile on it.
>The only things she seems to have on is a red bowtie, long eyelashes, and a sleepy smile.
>It seems a shame to wake her up, but you need a room... and her snoring reminds you of a wild beast.

[1/2]
>>
>Ding-ding!
"Excuse me," you start as you hit the bell.
>Orange eyes flutter open slowly before they're looking up at you.
>They're then looking down at you as forehooves slam on the table, a great, big smile on the pony's face as long lashes bob again.
>"Howdy ma'am!" she greets with a perky giggle, body slightly swaying as her tail almost wags behind her.
>"I'm Sunny Warmth, though you can call me Miss Sunny... or Miss Warmth if ya like."
>That last part came with another giggle and small bat of her lashes.
>"How're you doin' today? Are ya feelin' like somethin' ta eat or maybe a nice place ta rest your hooves? The Tasty Spread has somethin' for every kinda taste!"

>It's then that Buck comes in behind you, your suitcase still in tow.
>"Oh, Mister Maverick, welcome back!" Sunny greets, looking ready to hop over the table, but going around and hugging his neck as he chuckles.
>"Good to see you again, Miss Warmth," Buck starts before motioning a hoof towards you.
>"I'd like to get a room for Miss Hay Wain here, if I could."
>Sunny gasps, looking over at you, then tittering.
>"You mean she's not staying with you?" she asks slyly, tail still wiggling.
>You slightly glare at Buck, the male Unicorn clearing his throat before shaking his head.
>"Oh, ah, no. A mare deserves her privacy," Buck explains.
>"Aww, but she's gonna get lonely," Sunny responds, making you twitch as suddenly forelegs wrap around your neck, her body leaning up against you.
>"Maybe I can keep her company?" she goes on, batting eyelashes.
>You snort at the suggestion... and more from the reason her tail is flailing like that, nose scrunching with a grunt.

>You're not shy enough to be put off from that... but then again, you just met this mare and have big plans tomorrow.
>How do you respond?

Whether you take the offer or turn it down, there will be implied lewd for both, a little more for one than the other~
>>
>>25391507
No thank ya, Miss.
>>
>>25391507
Thanks for the offer, but not tonight. I got a lot to do tomorrow.
>>
I thought I had killed it. Also, thank you anons, this choice makes me happy.

>You shrug Sunny off with a snort, giving a stony stare.
"No, thank you, ma'am. Just the room, please," you spell out in firm words, the female Unicorn giving a pout.
>"Aww, fine. Sign here, please," Sunny taps the sign-in sheet as she goes around the desk to get a key.
>Buck seems a little afraid of what the situation had become, letting out his breath as Sunny moves.
>You sign your name, take the key from Sunny, then give Buck a look.
"My suitcase," you say, Buck thoughtless for a moment before apologizing, landing the bag safely on your back.

>You head up stairs, taking a slow gait down the hall, ears perked up, but there doesn't seem to be anyone else on this floor.
>Finally reaching your door, you unlock it and press on the handle with a push to open large thing.

>Trotting in, you close up and take a look around the room.
>It's surely not as lavish as the lobby, but it has its simple charm.
>Considering what things have probably happened in this room, it is in good condition too.
>The window is fully intact, showing a clear view of the moon behind The Lucky Clover.
>The wallpaper, same as downstairs, has no tears and the dresser and door on the side of the room has few scuffs.
>The bedframe looks the worst of it, both it and tiny sections of the red covers having noticeable scratches and tears in them.
>There's also hoof indentations on the wooden floor, mostly around the bed.
>... Thank goodness for pajamas.

>You washed up before heading down, so you should be fine for the night.
>Boy, was that a long ride...
>Brushing your teeth and getting some rest sounds nice now, but having to ask that hostess Unicorn for water makes you re-think that.
>If you have something to eat before bed, though, you'll need to do it - you do still have another pack of hay in your saddlebag.
>You could try and work on crosswords some more, but you'd probably end up passing out.
>>
>>25392086
Fallout 4 launch. Might be a bad time to run.
Oh she isn't bad, just a little... forward. Might as well wash up before bed. Tomorrow is likely to be a dirty day.
>>
>>25392086
Go down and ask her about water and possibly some food. Also apologize for how we reacted, we're just tired.
>>
>>25392206
I see no reason to apologize. I think that it's just Miss Wain's character. She's quite frank and no-nonsense.
>>
>>25392287
I don't think Sunny is the kind who'll easily take offense anyway.
>>
>>25392141

Ahh, I see! Well, I have a good spot a little before was planning on doing tonight that can stop if you guys are on the FO4 train too. I can always work on some pre-type~

>You guess she wasn't that bad, it has been a long day and Buck's 'amazing deal' isn't exactly what you'd call a sure thing.
>You open your suitcase, taking out your pajamas and putting them on the be... on the dresser.
>You also remove your toothbrush and cleaning paste, carrying them into the bathroom, then giving a frown.
>The room is pretty cramped with just a bathtub with no faucets or anything (save a drain) and a sink which is basically a tiny version of the bathtub.
>There's also a small little closet with one towel and two rags.
>You definitely don't want to ask for enough water to fill up the tub.
>Enough for a rag to wet cloth yourself should be fine.

>You leave your teeth cleaning instruments on the sink, then trot out into the hall again.
>Everything is still quiet, noticing the stairs creaking slightly as you go down them.
>Expecting to see the bright yellow Unicorn as you get to the lobby, you pause for a moment as she's gotten a lot older... and a lot pinker.
>"Yes ma'am, may I help you with something?" the Unicorn at the desk asks.
>You shake your head to clear your thoughts, then go about nodding it with a soft smile.
"Ah, yes ma'am please. I was wondering if I could get a bucket of water 'n maybe buy a little food for a snack?"
>The elderly Unicorn looks thoughtful for a moment, then nods with a smile.
>"Sure thing, little missy," she replies before walking off and behind the curtains.
>While you wait, you look around, wondering where Sunny could have left so quickly.
>>
Forgot the [1/2], sorry

>The new Unicorn hostess comes back with the requested goods - bucket of water and a slice of lemon pie.
>When you go to pay, though, she raises a hoof and smiles.
>"Don't worry about it, deary," she says... before giving a wink.
>You utter a friendly giggle and nod, carrying the bucket in your mouth and plate on one hoof, navigating with the other three.
>'Everyone's a flirt in this place, apparently.'

>When you make it back to your room, it's pretty much a set routine compared to back on the hay farm.
>You go about taking off your gear with gun belt close to the bed, hat and neckerchief carefully placed on the dresser.
>You then eating your snack (lemons are so tasty), then wash up, then brush your teeth in your blue-white striped pajamas.
>With all that done, you manage to bed down pretty easily, not long before you're snoozing happily.

>That is until the call of nature wakes you up.
>You grumble about the outhouse before setting off down the hall again.
>You stop halfway, though, ears perking up to noises.
>There's definitely grunts, snorts, whinnies coming from behind the door a few down from yours.
>"Oh, Maverick~" you also manage to hear, snorting with a lash of your tail.
>Just because you didn't take her up, looks like she got another partner - the one going to survey a spooky mine with you tomorrow.

>Should you knock on the door and make him stop?
>Or should you not mind it and let it go?
>>
>>25392577
Leave him be, not like they'd stop on your account anyways. We'll give him hell if he's too tired to do shit tomorrow though.
>>
>>25392577
Meh, not point getting involved.
>>
>You snort and just keep on walking.
>If he's too tired tomorrow, you'll make sure he gets some sleep with two backhooves.
>If you have to run this little expedition like your hay farm, you will.

>You make it to the outhouse and do your business.
>Stepping out, you notice the male Pegasus Buck was gambling with earlier in the day staggering out of the saloon and heading down what looked like abandoned houses.
>Music is still playing in the Lucky Clover even though it seems like everything else is quiet.

>Do you go sneak a peek at the 'nightlife' or go on back to bed?
>>
>>25392733
Might as well take a quick look.
>>
>>25392733
I suppose a look won't hurt.
>>
>>25392766
>>25392781

I don't see the point in looking in our pajamas. We should just go to bed.
>>
>>25392810
Just want to see how rowdy it is. Things go well tomorrow we might be celebrating there.
>>
>>25392810
Didn't realize we were still in our pj's, we could quickly take them off while we check.
>>
>Even though you're in your pajamas, you decide to go take a gander inside the saloon.
>Looking up and down the street, it's pretty dead, most of the lanterns are out and all of the other buildings are dark too save for the inn and the saloon.

>You make a quick trot over to the doors and bounce up a little, forehooves on top of one as you look inside.
>The 'nightlife' is pretty much what you expected it would be.
>A pair of minotaurs look passed out at the bar, the same bartender as before making sure all his bottles are in order.
>The Unicorn mare you saw hanging over Buck's game is at a table, playing a solitary game of cards.
>A griffon is playing the piano, though it's not the same as before.
>She? (it's sometimes hard to tell with the strange cat-birds) is wearing the same vest, but her fur is darker and she has one green feather longer than the rest atop her head.
>She definitely looks similar to the one in the bowler hat earlier.
>You imagine she might be a sister or something.

>You shrug it off, though, the moon already in its downward arc.
>You briefly wonder about the story you hear those years ago, about the Princesses and what really happened.
>Who knows what's real and what's a bedtime story nowadays.

>You go back to the hotel, give a small nod to the pink Unicorn and head back up to your room, falling asleep pretty quickly.
>You rest until morning starts cracking, waking up with a yawn and stretch.
>You go about getting on your hat, neckerchief, saddlebag-gun belt, making sure everything was there.
>Your twelve bullets, hay pack, crosswords and pencil, bag of bits, and knife you got yesterday still there.
>Thinking about it, you put the bag of bits in your suitcase and hide it after taking out your hairbrush, coming your mane some.

>It's pretty early and gonna be another long day, you're sure.
>What should you do first?
>Get some breakfast? Or maybe wake Buck up? Or maybe even check the wagon?
>>
>>25392938
Get some food, Buck probably ate something last night.
>>
>>25392938
Breakfast.
>>
>You decide to get something to eat.
>You trot down the hall, Buck's room quiet for now.
>Either he's still asleep or already up as you know he'd probably be bouncing off the walls like a colt on Hearthswarming Eve for the possibilities of today.

>You make your way downstairs, familiar lemon yellow Unicorn at the desk.
>Sunny cracks a big smile and jumps from the desk, practically blocking you from the restaurant.

>"Good morning, Miss Hay," she greets with a twitch of her tail.
>"That's Miss Hay Wain to you," you correct, but she ignores it.
>"I'm sorry for last night, I hope you'll let me make it up to you sometime," she exclaims with a sweet smile and sympathetic eyes.

>Should you? And how if so?
>>
>>25393120
We were just very tired last night.
>>
>>25393120
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>25393120
Some breakfast would be nice.
>>
>>25393120
Mention that she is rather loud.
>>
>She looks so sweet despite being a... well, you won't think what she is.
>You reach up with a pat over an ear on the lemon Unicorn.
"It's fine, it's fine. I was tired last night," you admit, Sunny wiggling her tail more.
"And you were a little loud too," you go on, being honest, but not harsh.
"But right now, I need some breakfast, so excuse me," you say before she could go off again.
>Sunny pouts a little, but giggles right after, nodding as she opens the curtain for you.
>You're not sure if you want to ask for breakfast from her considering the snack you got last night.
>These mares probably have some kind of point system or something.

>The restaurant is similarly decorated as the lobby.
>The same white with gold ponies wallpaper plasters the room and good quality furniture for the tables.
>There's a few ponies around this early in the morning.

>That pink Unicorn is sitting near a corner, back to you and drinking some tea while reading some sort of papers.
>Muggy and Rose are at a table as well, the former having a bean quesadilla and the latter having a fruitbowl.
>They both offer you a small wave with the Unicorn giving a smiling nod as well.
>You nod back and tip your hat, then go about getting a seat yourself.

>That same male Pegasus from yesterday is apparently the server here, pausing for a moment as he recalls you staring down the minotaur cow, wings flexing a few times.
>You smile at him and he does the same back, even if his is one of a hangover.
>You order some coffee and some eggs, scrambled with a touch of cheese.
>One of your favorites to perk up a morning.

[1/2]
>>
>While you're waiting, Rose suddenly comes up, looking slightly shaken.
>"Ahh, Miss Hay, may I speak with you?" he asks with a small fidget where he stands.
"Sure thing, Mister Rose," you agree with a friendly smile.
"Have a seat if you'd like."
>"Oh, no... I was just wondering. Are you really going out surveying with that Maverick fellow today?"
>You study him slightly, but give a nod.
>"Ahh... I don't think you should. I mean, I know you're strong, but mines take a whole other kind, from what I've heard."
>"Plus, I'd rather not think about you getting taken away by ghosts or anything," he adds in, a hint of worry in his voice.

>How to respond?
>>
>>25393491
Riiiiight, ghosts. I'll be sure to be carful Rosey, don't you fret none.
>>
>>25393491
I ain't easily spooked, mister Rose. I intend to at the very least survey the mine before I leave town.
>>
>>25393491
Tap your hoof on the table and shift a bit to give him your full attention. "You're acting a might strange, do you know somethin' about the mine that I don't?"
>>
Added this quest to the archive.
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/hayride
>>
Wow, so I lie down for a moment and my body's like 'let's take a nap!' and then I went missing for some hours. Sorry! I'll make one more post, then we'll have a smaller session tomorrow to get to a less abrupt stopping point (maybe).

---

>You cluck your tongue, turning to face Rose completely with forehooves on the table.
"I'm not really afraid of any ghosts or spooky nonsense," you tell him straight up with a snort.
"Unless you know something about the whole thing?" you take on with a raised brow.
>Rose frowns and shakes his head, then clears his throat with a raise of a forehoof.
>"No, nothing like that," Rose starts with a sigh.
>"I just want you to be safe."
"Well, I appreciate the concern, Mister Rose, but I'm stronger than I look. I'll be careful," you respond.
>Rose still has that slightly shaken expression, but relents in another nod.
>The Unicorn then looks behind you, politely excusing himself before returning to his table.

>Buck shows up moments later, bowtie untied and looking like he has bags under his eyes.
>"Morning," he comments, yawning as he takes a seat.
"Mornin'" you respond with a glance over, then back to Rose's table for a moment.
>Rose and Muggy seem to go back to talking after the former gives you a worked-up smile and nod.

>"Just coffee, please," Buck comments to the waiter as he delivers your own and your eggs.
>The Pegasus male snorts, but nods as he trots back off to the kitchen.
>"So, how're you doing, hmm Miss Hay?" Buck asks with a groggy smile.

>How to respond? And do you mention Rose's concern or no?

---

And that'll be that until tomorrow, unforeseeable incidents out of the way. Got some work stuff later then, so will end sooner in the evening. Thank you all for playing! And thank you >>25394586 for adding the quest!
>>
>>25395722
Just fine. Slept like the dead.
>>
>>25395722
Slept well. Can't say you look the same, need some sleeping medicine?
>>
>>25396532
>>
>>25397239
>>
>>25396532
>>
>>25396532
>>
>>25395722
We're well rested. Ask if he had trouble sleeping last night.
>>
I like how Wain is shaping up to be. No-nonsense, frank to the point of being rude, maybe even somewhat selfish, and has a get-shit-done attitude. I like her.
>>
Okay, like I said, short thing today, but should get to the point wanted to last night before I passed out for hours.

>>25401196

Glad to hear she's being presented right!

---

>You take a bite of your eggs before looking over to Buck, who is taking a deep drink of the coffee the waiter quickly brought.
"I'm doin' fine, Buck. Got good rest 'n all that," you start before snorting and twitching your tail.
"How about you? Ya look like ya met the wrong end of a hay cart."
>Buck clears his throat and takes a smaller sip of the coffee before nodding.
>"Yeah, sleeping wasn't that great," he starts as he starts to magically tie his bowtie.
>"I was just too giddy about today," he goes on with a typical Buck grin.
>You take another bite of the eggs, then sip your own coffee, looking at him with a certain incredulous look considering you know that's a lie.
>Noting your expression, he goes on before you finish swallowing your bite.
>"So, are you ready for today?" he asks quickly.
>"I was thinking since I bought the goods and all that you wouldn't... mind pulling the wagon?"
>You snort again and angle your brow.
"Really now?" you ask with a grunt.
>"Well, sure. I mean, it only seems fair," he explains with another sip of his coffee.
>Your expression doesn't really change from that comment.
>"Well, umm... do you think we could go half and half, at least? So I could get a little more rest after... being up all night thinking about all the gems we're gonna make!"
>He'd probably be no good right now pulling the wagon anyways, but his reasoning also kind of annoys you. More the lying than anything.

>How to respond?
>>
>>25401886
72/25 considering we know why he was really awake last night.
>>
>>25401886
Put your elbow on the table and your chin in your hoof and stare at him. "You wanna ask again without lying this time?"
>>
>>25401886
If you're so tired you need a mare to pull for you then we'll pull. But say it smugly rather than scathingly.
>>
>You let out a sigh, rest your elbow on the table and your chin on your hoof.
"Ya wanna try that again without the lyin', 'stud'?" you ask with a knowing tone to the last bit.
>In a rare moment, Buck actually looks a little flushed, kind of stumbling over words.
>You let him squirm for a few moments, then speak up again.
"Eh, never mind that, though. If ya really need a ~mare~ ta be pullin' ya, then I will. For a while, at least. I know city ponies need their beauty sleep," you say with a smirk before going back at your eggs.
>That flusters Buck the other way, snorting out as he turns his nose up.
>"I am not a city pony!" he puffs before finishing the rest of his coffee.
"Sure, sure," you agree skeptically with a sip of your own.

>Breakfast mostly goes quiet with Buck just a little pouty as you finish up.
>The Unicorn pays before you both head out towards the general store, then behind it.
>Looking into the small wagon, all of the supplies you and Buck picked out yesterday are already set up, including what he showed you yesterday.
>"Are ya ready to see how many bits we're gonna be makin'?" Buck asks as he climbs up into the wagon's seat.

>How to respond?
>>
>>25402121
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
>>
>>25402121
Before we head off, there's one thing that's been nagging me. Just from the look of that game you've been making more good enough for yourself. Why do you need me in on this?
>>
>>25402121
Let's just see what the mine actually has first.
>>
>>25402121
That mine sure has some ponies spooked it seems.
>>
>>25402121
Hopefully yeah.
>>
"I wouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched," you point out, trotting up to the front of the wagon.
"Muggy Day might just be tryin' ta sell us an empty hole, after all. And what about all those spooked ponies?"
>Buck offers a sympathetic scoff and waves a forehoof.
>"Like I said last night, you could say that a pony went mysteriously missing anywhere and everypony else would pretty much be spooked."
>You snort, but nod.
>Even out here, ponies aren't the bravest when it comes to the 'supernatural.'
>You turn around and start to lift the harness for the wagon, though a brown aura does it for you, draping it over your form.
"So, Buck, why did ya decide to get me in on this? I know ya make plenty of bits with your gamblin' business, after all," you ask as you get secured, looking back at him.
>"Well, you know, I thought about it for a little while," he starts with a chuckle.
>"My brothers Bits and Bay are off swooning the mares 'n all, so they were out. And you know how brother Balky can be."
>You snort and nod.
>'Balky is definitely more Donkey than pony.'
>"But really, I just remembered how I lost all those bits of yours long ago and wanted ta make amends."
"And then vanished," you tack on to his words.
>He grunts, then nods with a small frown.
>"I really am sorry about that, Miss Hay. I'm glad ya decided to come, though. This'll make up for that failed 'investment' one hundred times over!" he exclaims with forehooves outstretched and raised.

>Ready to go or anything else?
>>
>>25402400
Tell him to get some sleep because this is the only time we're going to go easy on him today.
>>
>>25402474
Heh heh, I like this.
>>
>>25402400
Let's go.
>>
>>25402400
Time to move.
>>
>You give him a side glance towards the apology, then turn back front.
"Get some sleep, Buck. It's the only time you're gonna get it easy today," you comment with a snort as you grunt gently, starting to tug the wagon forward.
>"Ah, thank you, Miss Hay," Buck replies as he curls up in the seat, hat covering his eyes.
>You hope you're glad you decided to come too as you start at a steady pace towards the mine.
>You use the town to figure out southeast since most down here are built with their main road north to south.

~

>If you thought back home was plain and the same, it looks like it only gets worse farther south.
>The big difference is there's a large mountain range you're heading towards, it growing bigger and bigger still.
>And you can also barely see the opening for the valley heading into the Bad Lands to the left too (which you can just imagine what its like in there).

>The only landmarks on this path you're walking are more gem farms with more craters, the occasional craggy outcropping, and scant bits of vegetation and cacti.
>All the same, it's bound to have been more than half the distance toward your goal in this nearly featureless landscape.

>Walking through a makeshift valley with crags on either side of you, you look back with a snort.
>Buck's still napping in the wagon seat with a silly expression and wiggling hooves.
>You wonder if you were too nice going at a steady pace just to let him rest, but you would need him for surveying the mine.
>You're not very tired yet, but you could still use a break.

>Should you wake him or keep on hoofing it?
>>
>>25402680
We sure snort a lot.

Eh, let's wake him up, no sense in pushing ourselves too hard.
>>
>>25402680
I think we could keep hoofing it and then just rest in front of the mine before we go in ourselves.
>>
>>25402680
Let's let him rest. Just pulling a cart isn't much for a farm pony. We'll just make sure we work him hard when we get there.
>>
Hmm... yeah, I'll try to be mindful of the snorting a little bit, haha. More for when she's annoyed.

>You ponder the question for a moment, but ultimately decide to let Buck sleep.
>He's going to need his strength when you both get to the mine.

>You continue on, the crags dying down, then lifting back up from the ground again before you're surrounded by slanted rockfaces.
>You wish they could be a little higher from the sun, letting out a breath and stopping for a moment to wipe your brow.
>That's when the ground starts to rumble slightly.
>You tense up for a moment, ears perking, then nearly diving to the ground, hearing the 'bam-bam-bam!' of heavy hooves, far too powerful to be ponies.
>Oh no, it sounds like Buffalo!

>You shiver as a hint of a flashback works over you, looking behind you, then up front.
>No sign of any Buffalo or even any dust getting kicked up.
>It might be hard for them to go up and down the craggy sides on the path, but they possibly could.

>Still, this isn't a place you want to get stuck!
>Do you keep going (a little faster) and remain vigilant or start to run for clearer ground?
>>
>>25402909
Can we tell which direction the sound is coming from?
>>
>>25402909
Keep a steady pace. We don't want to tire ourselves out if we end up in trouble.
>>
>>25402909
Let's keep going.
>>
>>25402909
Wake Buck's sorry ass up. We might have company. Proceed cautiously.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1280x905
Posting first image in this thread after 200+ replies
>>
>You're not really a tracker of any sort, so the nearest you could tell the noise comes from the front.
>Despite the small tremble, you fight against your instinct to run fast and far, proceeding at that steady pace with ears perked.
"Buck, wake up," you call back at him before clamming up, still listening.
>The craggy sides start dropping rocks as the rumbling gets loud and hard enough that you can feel it walking.

>"Mmm... what's going on, Miss Hay?" Buck groggily asks as he stretches out, then rights himself, ears perking too.
>"What's that noi-?" he barely makes out before the source is revealed.

>Not ten ponies away and ahead of you, Buffalo start stampeding over the craggy outcropping to your right, down into the 'valley', then up over the left.
>The sight makes you drop to the ground, gun drawn with one hoof and the other hovering over the trigger.
>They don't seem to notice you, but you're keeping still and low as they keep pouring over and up the rockfaces.

>What do you do?
>>
>>25403125
Nothing. We can't fight that many.

Just have to hope they aren't feeling particularly murderous today.
>>
>>25403125
Wait for them to pass through.
>>
>Your eyes dart back and forth as the Buffalo keep running, a group of calves among the bigger crowd of adults.
>You decide to let them run their course, Buck keeping quiet behind you.

>It's probably a few minutes before the crowd is gone, leaving lowering rumbles as they continue on your path.
>You shake and take a few breaths, hoof taken away from your trigger.

>"Whew, that was a close one," Buck said, putting his gun away and looking down to you.
>"Ahh, Miss Hay, are you all right?" he asks, noticing your stiffness and gun still drawn.
"Yes," you reply plainly, another deep breath before replacing your gun too.
"It's your turn to pull," you go on, already getting out of the harness as you say it.
>"Sure thing. Feel a lot better now," Buck says, jumping from the wagon and getting himself hooked up.
>You jump up and curl up, still a little shaken up.
>"Ahh... If you want to talk about something, Miss Hay, I don't mind," the Unicorn offers.
>He then grunts hard, bodily visibly straining before the wagon starts to move, going at a slower pace than yours, but still pretty steady.

>You're not one to put your problems on others, but it can help to talk sometimes.

>Do you want talk about it or no?
>>
>>25403305
Yes. I want to learn more about Hay's buffalo PTSD.
>>
>>25403316
Me too. I feel kinda conflicted on wanting to know why she's so scared but I kinda think she wouldn't want to talk about.
>>
>>25403305
Not really the time to talk about it is it? We should be sitting there trying to get our cool back.
>>
>>25403342
Could we meet in the middle? Maybe have a flashback about it but still keep it bottled up?
>>
>>25403305
Just bad memories.
>>
>>25403368

I like this idea as I really wanted to write it anyways.

"Just some bad memories," you say before turning your head, curling your tail around yourself some too.
>Buck just nods and keeps on trotting along.
>You take in a slow, quiet breath, then let it out just as silently.
>You tried to tell yourself it isn't your fault, that Sureshot was the more experienced and knew what he was doing.
>The stage coach's insurance company said the same thing, but you don't believe it.
>You can't really pass the blame off when you're responsible for three ponies getting hurt and... killed.
>It's why you felt like a scared rabbit ready to run, you didn't want the same to happen to Buck.
>Turns out, showing that momentary restraint did save you the hurt, so that's something.
>Still, those few years ago pulling the stage get dragged up almost any time someone mentions the wild, inconsiderate beasts known as Buffalos.

>You sniffle, then snort, looking over to see Buck looking back at you again.
"I'm fine, just keep going," you say with a tinge of agitation, then turn in your seat.
>"Well, all right, ma'am," Buck comments before probably looking forward again, wagon moving a touch faster.
>You feel a tad sorry for snapping at Buck, but it's none of his business.

~

[1/2]
>>
>You both travel in silence (aside from some more strained grunts from Buck) until he starts to slow.
>"Looks like we're here, Miss Hay," he says, a little more energy in his voice as he huffs softly.

>You turn to look at the mine, its entrance bigger than you expected.
>The entrance to the Shimmery Mine is at least five ponies high and wide.
>With the sunlight shining to partly overhead and to the left, cobwebs show clearly on the support beams near the entrance, but that's about as far as you can see.
>There's definitely not gems near the gaping opening.
>There's also a sign near the entrance: "Claimed by Sand Stone and associates"
>You figure that must be Muggy Day's father.

>Buck is huffing and puffing as he pulls the cart close before stopping, shifting some, magically removing his harness.
>The Unicorn then levitates a water jug over and takes some greedy gulps.

>Buck's looking pretty tired, so it might be a good idea to rest for a short time.
>Thanks to your sullen resting on the wagon, you're kind of back to normal yourself.

>Should you rest for Buck's sake? And if so, should you eat something or what?

---

And with that, time for a pause again. Thank you all for playing! I don't know if I will have something tomorrow or not as I might need to take more time to pre-type up a series of scenes I'd rather have both choices already written out for a rapid sort of feel. I'll leave a message tomorrow about a session or not; until then, see you later!
>>
>>25403579
We could take a little rest before we go in.

We still have some hay, yeah?
>>
>>25403579
Take a break. If there's something in those mines causing trouble we'll want both of u well rested.
>>
>>25403570
That annoyance when you only get half the story
>>
>>25403699

Well, condensed version for those that don't want speculation (if there is any to be had) beneath spoiler -

Hay Wain pulling a stage with Sureshot as backup driver and protection. He tells Hay Wain to stop so he can get a bead on the rumbling that had worked up and she obeys since he's the more experienced one, despite knowing that running is the better way to handle Buffalos (at least when not pulling a stage coach). Turns out that the rumbling was closer than he thought, Buffalo attacking the stage, tipping it over, stealing, trampling. Since Hay Wain was away from it with her pulling it, she got away with a beating up tumble from the stampede-raid. Well, with that and some sorrow and disappointment in herself for not trusting her instincts then. And that's basically it~
>>
>>25403769
So it's mostly a guilt thing? That she should have died with Sure and the other ponies?
>>
>>25403787
More like she should have listened to her gut and continued moving.
>>
>>25404418
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>25404418
>>
>>25404418
>>
>>25406217
>>
Buffalo did nothing wrong
>>
>>25406217
bampu
>>
>>25403797

Yes, this is correct.

---

>You decide to take a break for Buck's sake.
>Plus, that pull (and other events) did make you a tad hungry too.
>You decide to get the oats that he bought at the store, though; the hay's more for emergency rations.

>Getting down from the wagon, you open up the pack, taking a few nibbles before offering the rest up to Buck.
>"Thanks," Buck replies quickly before going at it eagerly.
"You better eat your fill, Buck; you're gonna be carrying most of the equipment," you point out with a smile.
>The Unicorn stops his chewing for a moment to stare, then scrunches his nose in fake agitation before eating some more.

>Buck's practically finished with the oats and takes another drink of water before he's sated.
>"So, not saying I think it will, but what sort of plan do we run into trouble?" Buck asks with a snort, walking towards the wagon.
>"Obviously, being the gentlecolt I am, I can be the leader," he adds in with his own small grin.
>You shoot him a look and snort, tail twitching a few times.

>If spooking (or otherwise) happens, what should the plan be?
>>
>>25411144
Stick together, if possible. If we get separated, we get the heck out and rendezvous here.
>>
>>25411144
We're the leader.
>>
>>25411144
If either of us sees anything we should tell the other. None of the false bravado crap.
>>
>>25411144
First off, there is no leader, you two are partners. Second. If anything happens in there we assess the danger and either move forward, or run away or do whatever the situation demands. Now let's put on our hard hats and bring some rope.
>>
>>25411195
Let's let him think he is. Might not complain about carry our stuff as much.
>>
>>25411144
Stay together. Investigate anything unusual. Don't ignore anything strange.
>>
"There's no leader here, Buck. We're in this together, after all," you point out with a firm nod.
"All the same, since you're gonna be carryin' everything, I'll be up front."
>"Sounds fair to me, Miss Hay," Buck replies, levitating the mining cap over to you, a good fit on your hat, then picking up some rope and a couple of picks.
"And let's stick close together, all right? Don't want the 'ghosts' to get you," you comment, waggling forehooves to the idea.
>Buck nods as he steps forward, still levitating the items.
>"We ready then?" he asks with a glance over.
"Reckon ready as we can be," you reply, clicking on the mining cap's light with the big button on its side.
>It and Buck's horn should be enough light as you enter into the mine.

>The tunnel is what you'd expect of a mine.
>Walls picked clean this close to the front, support beams sturdy-looking.
>There are boulders on the side now and again, the path relatively smooth otherwise.
>Nothing much of interest except what looks like unlit lanterns on the wall spread out in short distances.
>That is, until you get deeper into the mine after several minutes.

>As you and Buck walk along, you suddenly catch a few green glimmers farther down the tunnel beyond your helmet's light.
>You both stop, peering into the darkness, those glimmers growing in size.
>You also barely hear a rattling noise.

>Should you keep moving forward or observe from here?
>>
>>25411344
If it's growing it must be coming towards us. Stand your ground and be ready for a fight.
>>
>>25411344
Keep watching.
>>
>>25411344
Observe from here.
>>
>>25411344
Get gun ready
>>
File: Thisbutponies.gif (1 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Thisbutponies.gif
1 MB, 350x263
>You decide to hold your ground, still peering as the growing lights turn into four distinct entities with a smaller green flicker beyond them.
>"Woo-hee, we got it!" a voice calls out from the lights... though they aren't just lights anymore.
>As they approach, the rattling gets louder as you can tell what they are.
>They're pony skeletons!
>One Unicorn, a Pegasus, and two Earth Ponies.
>Their shell-less bones emitting that green glow and balls of green fire where their eyes should be.
>You can even start smelling that particular scent of death as they approach.
>"We're gonna be rich! Just wait until we get this back to town!" another of the skeleponies beams as they keep dancing up the tunnel, not paying attention to your light or Buck's horn just yet, it seems.
>You draw your gun and look at Buck, adding his own to the things he's levitating, before you both stare back at the ghastly (yet apparently joyous) scene.

>What now?
>>
>>25411621
Keep watching the dancing skeletons, ask buck if he brought that magic stick with him though.
>>
>>25411621
There anywhere we can hide?
>>
>You both take a few steps back as you watch this strange, 'spooky' scene.
"Buck, did you bring one of those tubes with ya?" you ask in a hushed voice.
>"No, I didn't think we'd need just surveying the place," he responds back in his own whisper.

>They still seem oblivious to your presence as they hoot and holler, nicker and even bounce with clacks of their hooves on the ground.
>There are a couple of boulders to either side of the tunnel just now that you could hide behind.
>It might be getting a little too late as their merry-making seems to be slowing down.

>Do you try to hide or what?
>>
>>25411621
Stay out of the way, hopefully they won't act aggressively to two ponies in their mine and ask us to leave or something.
>>
>>25411722
Hide mang.
>>
>>25411722
Hide and keep your picks ready. Let's see what they do. Next time we're in here we bring tubes.
>>
>>25411722
Just get out of the way and keep watching.
>>
>You and Buck shift to the side, ducking behind the boulders as the glowing skeleponies keep coming.
>You take a deep breath and get ready for the worst as you look back over the rock.

>"GET OUT!!!!" they all screech in unison, gems they were carrying falling to the ground as two lunge forward.
>You jump back (as does Buck) to the sudden scream, the skeleponies keeping it up as they approach, Pegasus flying somehow as the other three keep coming.
>You look to Buck, then back ahead.

>What now?
>>
>>25411878
We get out of the mine. Run buck.
>>
>>25411878
Time to run!
>>
>>25411878
Run. Maybe Buck can take some potshots.
>>
>>25411878
Shout that Muggy Day sent us.
>>
"I think it's time ta hoof it, Buck," you yell before holstering your gun and turning to start on all fours back the way you both came.
>"I think you're right, Miss Hay!" he replies as he turns himself, looking over his shoulder as he follows after you.
>You look back yourself to see him shoot, the bullet hitting one of the Earth Ponies right in the skull, it falling apart and the other three seeming to react from it.
>You don't stop going, though, hooves clopping along as you head towards the far away sunlight.
"Miss Muggy Day sent us!" you call out back at the chasing group of skeleponies, not knowing what it'll do, but it was the truth!
>A few more steps of the monsters before that green light around them stops and they all fall to pieces on the ground, just a tiny ghostly green flicker far back in the cave before it too is snuffed out.

>You and Buck make it out into the sunlight, breathing just a little heavy from the sudden sprint.
>"What do you make of that?" Buck asks as he puffs some, reholstering his gun and laying down the tools for the moment.

>What now?
>>
>>25412138
I think that flicker further back in the cave had something to do with it.
>>
>>25412138
It's haunted alright
>>
>>25412138
There's something wrong with the mine and I think it has something to do with the green gems we saw in the mine.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.