[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1431305465695.png (3 MB, 2900x2000) Image search: [Google]
1431305465695.png
3 MB, 2900x2000
What went wrong?
>>
>>25318762
wrong?
>>
>>25318762
They didn't have a threesome with Shining Armor
>>
File: 1446068059319.png (492 KB, 1268x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446068059319.png
492 KB, 1268x1024
>>25318762
>>
>>25318762
The only problem I have with Flash, is that he has negative amount of personality so far. I'm ok with shipping in general, but in only in cases there's some chemistry between two actual characters.
If Flash gets some personality in further movies, I'm ok with the ship.
>>
>>25318762
He was barely relevant to the plot only there for Twilight have an affection to someone.
Like Jane Foster in Thor Films
>>
Everything, that's why it died before it could become relevant
>>
>>25318762
Everything
>>
>>25318762
There are a lot of complaints to be made, but the one that really killed it was that there was no clear reason for Twilight to like Flash. We didn't get to know anything about who he was, so it was clear she knew nothing about who he was, so her interest appeared shallow and unfitting for her character. And since he was so poorly received in the first movie, he was sidelined for the other two, which made him look even more shallow and made his relationship with Twilight even harder to understand.

It's funny, a character everyone hated from the first time they saw him ended up remaining hated because we didn't see him enough.
>>
>>25318762
Twifags and kneejerk reactionaries spat venom at the prospect of them having a relationship after Flash's debut in the first movie, so the idea was quickly backpedaled on by Hasbro and not allowed to develop into anything more meaningful, resulting in Flash becoming this awkwardly avoided hanger-on retaining a permanent zero-depth personality who exists in the movies solely because of his tie-in merchandise.
>>
>>25318762
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
Pony Flash has literally no personality, while EqG Flash is little more than the cool guy character.
>>
File: dont bother aiming.gif (154 KB, 280x135) Image search: [Google]
dont bother aiming.gif
154 KB, 280x135
>>25320164
Considering that Shining Armor is little more than a reverse of the damsel in distress, I think we are overdue for a Royal Guard character that could do some damage. Since Pony Flash is basically an empty shell who we have not seen in some time, I think they could easily make him some form of an elite soldier, something similar to an ARC trooper.
>>
>>25320164
none of the male characters in the show have personality outside of spike
>>
>>25320121
The fact that the writers were so scared of the fandom's wrath annoys me more than the lack of development the character got.
I mean, look at the character of Ashoka from The Clone Wars: at first, she was a grating poorly-written character who everybody hated. But, Filoni stuck to his guts, and throughout the seasons, the character changed and developed to the point where when she left, many were heart-broken. And when she came back, many SW fans were overjoyed.
And the thing is that the writers for TCW weren't even all that great at their job, but they still managed to pull this off. If they could turn a hated character into a beloved character, then so can a show like MLP that likes to boast about how great its writing is.
>>
spineless writers not sticking with what they started
>>
File: This kills the Twifags.png (154 KB, 755x700) Image search: [Google]
This kills the Twifags.png
154 KB, 755x700
>>25318762
This
>>
>people complaining that the writers didn't give him enough time

True they probably could've done something with A LOT of screentime but it's not fair to the other students when the teacher spends 90% of his time on the retarded kid
>>
>>25321287
>>25321217
>>25321106
>>25320121
>>25320106
for fucks sake, now we're complaining that they did'nt go far enough? fuck it i'm out
>>
>>25322164
I think they spent too much time talking about how he likes Twilight and she likes him, but they didn't dedicate any time to showing a reason for the two of them to be together. Flash wouldn't be half as annoying if he had a life outside of being a generic boyfriend.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.