[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Equestria Divided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Earthborn forces.jpg (1 MB, 724x3930) Image search: [Google]
Earthborn forces.jpg
1 MB, 724x3930
ED

Earthborn is best faction edition

Previous thread >>25257119

Welcome to the thread for discussion and homebrew projects related to the Equestria Divided setting.

Equestria Divided is an alternate universe where the Mane 6 are no longer friends. They've gone their separate ways, to form factions that vie for dominance in Equestria.

>Earthborn:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wIE7GsdKYbrD8W95OZMe_yE0LeGTNweSd9K3SggGj90/edit?usp=sharing
>Whitegold:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yNqahYpEape6QLjAg4IATLqLPS0wwqmdfqhRKlKw-Vg/edit?usp=sharing
>Moon and Star:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UgmZQVcp_LRnpIODFvMk8zZVE/view
>Moon and Star Inquisition:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kG1YlkvF5iGaWhw2DDtbhERQfUWq3k_Vptpr_Dr-8eo/edit?usp=sharing
>Cult of Laughter:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EwkCjF3XdLXjiEhMrD7QM0nv-THRgJlTISNLqbxomHY/edit?usp=sharing
>Independent Units:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1idaJDjEFuFsr76P9nFkYAg1_xkuj0WCxX1dKLx21gnk/edit?usp=sharing
>House Stormwing.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQzoo9hzk_HZLmncpzx16RZ5i-vJ4FNduf0DJBFALIA/edit?usp=sharing

Source:
http://equestria-divided.deviantart.com/

>One page fantasy rules
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63xqggtkal09fl3/1pFB%20-%20Main%20Rulebook%20v2.9.pdf?dl=0
>>
First
>>
I wonder if I can start a fight by asking which faction is most interesting?
>>
>>25310167

Moon and Star, easily.
>>
>>25310174
then what do you say to this faggot >>25304026
>>
File: 1445353134992.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445353134992.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
>>25310174
u fuckin wot m8
>>
File: Arch cutie.jpg (28 KB, 194x272) Image search: [Google]
Arch cutie.jpg
28 KB, 194x272
Archmagister a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>25310167
I still find the Cult to be the most interesting, at least with their themes.
>>
>>25310196
>>25310203

Most intrigue, most magic, cutest faction leader.
>>
Crystal Empire unit list almost done, will post for critique soon.
>>
>>25310226
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Is there anything else that needs to be contribute?
>>
>>25310226
I look forward to seeing what you've done. If I see some interesting ideas I'll add them to the Sombra army list.
>>
>>25310267

Changelings.
>>
File: Itsgoodtobetheprincess.png (1 MB, 900x1337) Image search: [Google]
Itsgoodtobetheprincess.png
1 MB, 900x1337
>>25310167
Depends on what you mean by "interesting".

I like Whitegold a lot. They are surrounded on all sides by Houses with much more territory and power, and they are not only surviving, but thriving. Their leader is a devious mistress of intrigue on a countdown to complete insanity, who is undoubtedly doing everything she can to ensure her House's survival following her descent in to batshit insanity.

It helps that I'm a massive Rarifag, of course, but still. Credit where credit is due.
>>
>>25310285
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wswXqwhskE6WWLcQHFy96mHAAANuziJ77uLTFWP8Lg/edit
>>
>>25310285
Ahh, yes. The Changelings. I imagine that they'll still be bent on conquest of the normie pones?
>>
>>25310321
Where the flying fuck to you get an edit Link?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wswXqwhskE6WWLcQHFy96mHAAANuziJ77uLTFWP8Lg/edit?usp=sharing

Watching You.
>>
>>25310352
I need unit proposals so I can fill out the roster. Then I'll start on special characters.
>>
>>25310386
I imagine the Queen would be a special character?

Maybe Lovesick/Cocooned Ponies as some type of buffing unit, a bunch of ponies on a moving platform and giving love to the changeling swarm?

Maybe an actual swarm of tiny killer bugs of some type?

Perhaps a mind-control unit that can take over the other factions units?
>>
Might as well post the 1.1 slaves

Slave Warriors[20], 50 points.

6+ Quality.

Equipment:Light Melee

Rules: Where There's a Whip There's a Way, Beneath Contempt

Where There's a Whip There's a Way: Whenever this unit fails a morale quality test, it may remove d3+2 models to reroll the test. If the Task-Master(Sergeant) is still alive, this penalty is reduced to d3 models.

Beneath Contempt: Moon and Star units may fire spells and ranged attacks into Slave Warrior units engaged in melee combat. Since combat is fluid and dynamic, the player must roll a d6. On a 1-3, the enemy unit is hit. On a 4-6, the slave warriors are hit, and attacks must be resolved against them. If the ranged attack could hit multiple units, hits are evenly divided.

This unit may take
Spears(10 points)
Slings(10 points)

This unit may take
A Musician/Standard(5 points)
A Sergeant(10 points)

I think every M&S player should take 3 of these.
>>
>>25310505
At 50 points they could probably take 5.
>>
>>25310520

Their only purpose is to last 1-2 rounds in combat while the M&S player gets everything in place, and hopefully tie down a useful unit, and maybe kill a few.
>>
File: 11kl.jpg (97 KB, 569x920) Image search: [Google]
11kl.jpg
97 KB, 569x920
>>25310167
Whitegold.

>>25310223
>m&s
>most intrigue
>>
>>25310537
Taking 3 then backing with a gunline is going to give you a turn of shooting possibly two and when the slaves inevitably break, another turn where you can counter with a unit of legionnaires or even Knights if you're feeling randy.

Classic gunline tactics.
>>
>>25310574

If we get the stats for those flamethrower ponies confirmed, it'll be a barbecue for both sides.
>>
>>25310602
That's part of the fun for me. Winning is secondary to the spectacle.
>>
I actually like the rules for the slaves.

With 6+ quality, it's only a 1/6 chance to succeed on restoring morale. Losing d3(at best), ponies at a time means slaves will bleed models.

Tt's very likely this brutal slavemaster unicorn will kill every single slave in his unit, before he gets cut down by the enemy.
>>
>>25310618
I would change the loss of slaves to D3 without the taskmaster and back to 1 with. Plenty of things in the game will happily churn out 20+ attacks and the Slave unit won't so much as hold a unit as get steamrolled without complaint, haemorrhaging models the entire time. Either that or up the units size to say 30 or even 50.
>>
>>25310643

I'd only increase the amount of slaves in the unit of other people didn't mind.
>>
I'd only want Twilight to get changed by the Astral Plane, if she undergoes a significant physical transformation.

Same with her being corrupted.
>>
Here's a new unit. The elite legionnaires that only a player with a Warmage can take.

Scholae Cornu[10]*

4+ Quality

Medium Halberds

Academician, Brotherhoof of Wizards

115 points.

*Only one unit of Scholae Cornu can be taken per Moon and Star army. You must have a Warmage as your hero to take a Scholae Cornu unit.

Look Out, Sir!: If an attack hits a Warmage inside a unit of Scholae Cornu, the M&S player may roll a d6. On a 4+, one of the models takes the hit instead.

This unit may take
A Musician/Standard(5 points)
A Sergeant(10 points)
An Adjunct Magister(30 points)

This unit may upgrade to
Heavy Halberds(15 points)
>>
The Earthborn don't seem to be the best faction in this thread.
>>
File: 1444875347597.png (138 KB, 831x882) Image search: [Google]
1444875347597.png
138 KB, 831x882
Be the change you want to see
>>
The Shadow King's Horde is complete. Will be posting tomorrow.
>>
>>25310879
Fukkin Tease
>>
>>25310993
Sombra is OP as fuck and 350 points. Its so much fun.
>>
>>25310879
Why not now?

c'mon now.
>>
That's okay, because the Crystal Empire is complete and will be posting in a few minutes.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjcfivXyHwIOseTM61IKnoALrL2R-9Q4OIow75FTXAw/edit?usp=sharing

Again, this is an initial proposal. Just ideas for what it might look like, so don't take anything in here as final.

Critiques?
>>
>>25311069
An army of Pseudo Piercing weapons is scary as fuck. I like it.
>>
>>25311069

I don't like this army, because the anti-magic is absurd.
>>
>>25311147
The anti-magic is a little extreme, but it serves little use against non-magical opponents, essentially rendering several units useless.

How would you recommend making it more balanced? Perhaps changing the save to a higher number?
>>
>>25311200

What's the point of making an anti-magic army, when only one army is magic focused?

I'm working on Everfree, and I didn't make rules to make gunpowder weapons explode whenever they're fired at Everfree units.
>>
>>25311200
I would just use the Resistant rule provided in the rulebook(page?)
>>
I'm feeling nice.

Unitfag's list >>25311069 is for an Equestria Divided where the Crystal Ponies retained their independence.

But what if thing's didn't end so happily for the Crystal Empire?

What if an old horror came crawling back from the darkness...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1osD6DbjycEB7Jrk0uSRc_T-2-R0GAXBZ6bPvuJ1AUBI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>25311220
Cult? Whitegold? Even Stormwing is no stranger to magic. Also a spell that makes gunpowder weapons explode is hilarious, that needs to be a thing.
>>
>>25311236
Tough[7].

o_o
>>
>>25311269
:D
>>
>>25311224
As in give all units in the radius Resistant? That could work.

>>25311220
You make a good point, but there are magic users in a bunch of the other factions, It doesn't necessarily have to be against a magic-focused army, just against one that has magic being used.
>>
I feel it would make sense if The Shadow King's army was geared towards fighting the Crystal Empire, while they also had certain buffs against them.

They have intertwined fates after all. The Empire will fall to him or fight the Shadow King to his end.
>>
>>25311345
Crystal Empire by Unitfag was made independently of mine. My army list was made with the preconceived notion that the Crystal Empire fell to his power, whereas Unitfag's comes with the idea that the Crystal Empire retained itself as a fully sovereign state.
>>
>>25311345
Besides, without the Crystal Heart being powered by Shining Armor and Cadence, or the Crystal Ponies positive energy (cause there's loads of that in ED), the Crystal Empire is defenceless against Sombra.
>>
I really dislike the power creep.

Each army list is more stupidly OP than the last one.
>>
>>25311367
I missed the part that the Empire had already fell to his power. And I understand that you've made these independently.

Missing the part of him already conquering the Empire, the idea of the two armies fighting interested me.

Trying to make a suggestion without all the facts, so that's on me.
>>
>>25311418
You just vocalized my problem with wargaming in general. I mean, you guys who are into it, more fuckin' power to you, but just be careful that you aren't making decisions based solely on "I like this faction that I went to the effort of making, so let's make 'em REAL cool".
>>
>>25311434

House Earthborn was a perfect list. I have no idea what went wrong after that.
>>
>>25311422
We'll you're not in the wrong! The Crystal Empire isn't in PY's setting, so I just came up with my own theory as to what would have happened.

>>25311418
Most of the lists were made independently of one another, so its not something we could have really prevented. Most of my units are essentially fantasy units with a new coat of paint and some fresh rules.
>>
>>25311491

Each army you've made is more powerful than the last one you've made.

And making 350 point blobs like Sombra is just bad design.

Now everyone needs to invent units that can kill him.

So then you'll go and invent your own super-supers.
>>
>>25311450
Speaking as the creator of a few, I'll give my opinions on my units specifically
>Earthborn
I pretty much just retextured fantasy's Empire.
>Whitegold
Retextured models from several fantasy armies, mostly Bretonnia.
>Independent Units
Stupidly OP just for the fun of it, I totally agree that people shouldn't use them for games unless both players are cool with it.
>Shadow King
Again, retextured fantasy units by the most part. The Shadow King himself will probably be bumped up more points just because how stupid powerful he is. Remember, if he's stupidly OP but fuckexpensive pointswise, its ok.
>>
>>25311509
Sombra was for fun, I doubt anyone would ever use him in battle. Its like creating the model of Sauron for the LotR game. No ones gonna ever play him, but its fun to think about.
>>
>>25311552

What is the point of running a Sombra army, if you can't use Sombra?
>>
>>25311552
I am probably the last person able to comment on my armies but here we go.

Stormwing: Fast and hard hitting but expensive and lacks Wounds.

Cult: Slow but spoopy with morale debuffs and nasty elites but prone to being kited and shot to death.
>>
>>25311562
What's the point of playing a Mordor army if you can't use Sauron?

Sombra was always portrayed in the show as a looming threat, clearly very powerful but preferred to keep his distance and plot around his opponents. Hell, he would have won if it weren't for Spike accidentally saving the whole day. I wanted to create an army that had the same feel as the shadows that surrounded the CE and the fear that he inspired in the Crystal Ponies. I created a model for Sombra for the sake of completion. Lets be honest, for anything other than a mass battle involving tens of thousands of real world troops, would Sombra really show up to lead them personally? Granted it'd be fucking terrifying and hysterical to have the terror of the north fighting M&S over some abandoned library or something, but its extremely out of character. Thats why he's so expensive, so you only use him in an army where the agreed points cost is very high.

Think of him like a superheavy vehicle in 40K Apocalypse.
>>
I'm only here for the story

stop nerd fighting
>>
>>25311422
>>25311384
>>25311367
>>25311345
I actually find this idea very appealing. Why not have both come into play? Perhaps the Crystal Empire is in a struggle for survival against the tyrannical forces of the Shadow King's Army since the Crystal Heart now longer has enough power?

Such a struggle would make for some interesting games and even more interesting stories. Haven't looked at the Shadow King Army yet, but perhaps they could be primarily have the 'armored' trait and use the same geomancy spells as the Empire? They could use corrupt magical buffs that the Empire combats with anti-magic stuff.

I think this has potential.
>>
>>25311715

Cadance may have to get personally involved.

It is her destiny to rule the empire, after all.
>>
>>25311715
It really is a nice idea, perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Shadow King's Horde focuses heavily on using Fear and an ability called Numbing Chill to make enemies strike last. Plus they have quite a few units with Poison. I felt it fitting >:)
>>
>>25311792
With stories being so fluid, one could easily shape their armies to the story they like most.

Sombra taking the Empire, the Empire being it's own state, the two having an epic showdown, the possibilities are limitless.
>>
I hate pricing units
>>
>>25311927

Crystal Empire and Sombra alliance versus the ED houses
>>
File: so crazy.jpg (128 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
so crazy.jpg
128 KB, 600x911
>>25311947
>>
>>25312017
That fucking movie
>>
>>25311714
Same here, kind of. The army lists is fine and all, but I don't really care about it. It's not like I'm ever going to play it anyway.
I'm also totally disinterested in everything that has to do with Sombra or the Crystal Empire in ED.
>>
>>25312081
I am interested in Sombra and CE, but only in the ways they could change the story by their existence.

I would like there to be some form of cohesive story, but with so many factions, characters, and the war taking place on an entire continent, it's a bit much to ask for. A timeline would be feasible?

>>25312080
fuckin loved that movie
>>
>>25312125
>>25312081
>>25311714
Looks like we need a writefag.
>>
>>25312200
Well I'm currently working on something for the cult but when that's done I could start a short spiel for Sombrero.
>>
>>25312328
Although I would love that, seriously, I was more talking about a general story of Equestria Divided.

I guess something comparable to Fallout: Equestria with about 98% fewer lesbian horses. Someone going through the world, learning about what happened, and doing something really cool I guess.
>>
>>25312362
So, near 700,000 words then?

I take cash or credit
>>
>>25312362
That's a little bit of a tall order, comparing to FE. Everyone fucking loves FE. (And Lesbian horses are obviously always a requirement to a good story)
>>
>>25312200
Both of the table guys are writefags
>>
>>25312125
>only in the ways they could change the story by their existence
That's sort of the reason why they don't interest me much.

>>25312411
>Everyone fucking loves FE
Good joke.
>>
>>25312411
This is a setting I feel is better explored in short stories that focus on vignettes and events, backed up by a coherent timeline and a lore book of sorts.
>>
But ED is one of the few times SombraxTwilight makes sense!
>>
Twilight Sparkle starts spending more and more time in the astral realm. How does her body change to reflect this?
>>
>>25312494
Christ, Anon. Why are you pushing this shitty ship so fucking hard?
>>
>>25312482
While I do think that could cover more ground and be interesting, I still think that some kind of hero's journey would be applicable in this situation.

And if you look at FE, that's actually a shining example of what the hero's journey is, which I believe is why it's so successful.

>>25312411
No comment.
>>
>>25312576

Because I will make you like it.
>>
>>25312566
Darkened colors, obviously. Perhaps she becomes more ethereal. Less sound as she steps, slowly becoming transparent.

She could become more monster like, conversely. More and more like a creature that dwells in the astral realm.

>>25312494
No, no, he's got a point.
>>
>>25312585
I don't get how you can even like Dark Duke Sombrero; Lord of No Personality; Interesting Lore; Or Significant Traits, Esq.
>>
>>25312604

I could see Twilight rocking a black mane with red highlights
>>
>>25312630
Shitty OC to the extreme.
>>
>>25312679

It's not my fault a good color combo has been sullied by deviantart.
>>
>>25312566
It doesn't. Physical change is the one thing she craves, but isn't able to reach. It's her mind that starts being altered.
That's why her change is so hard to comprehend for the ones around her as well. On the outside, everything is fine.
Or maybe there are slight, slight changes. Her step grows light, almost inaudible. Her perception of time starts to get arbitrary. It becomes harder for her to understand and feel empathy for those around her. She can no longer see herself in the mirror, though others can. Her gaze becomes inexplicably unsettling.
Sometimes, she rather unwillingly sneaks up on ponies. Not because she intends to, but because it seems hard to notice her when she's not in your focus. Like she's just outside the limit of your sight, until she's suddenly next to you.
But nothing explicitly visible. No undeniable indication that something inside her has changed.

>>25312630
:^)
>>
>>25312713

Really, subtlety is not the way to go in a grimdark setting.

Go big or go home.
>>
>>25311418
What makes the other houses op?

Unless we actually play a game to see how things pan out, balance is really hard to determine right now.
>>
>>25312734
Where on earth did you get that idea from?
>>
>>25312742

De-emphasizing the physical aspect of changes.
>>
>>25312734
That's confusing thematics with aesthetics.
Besides, not everything has to adhere to the same rule, Anon. Our mission is to be interesting, not orthodox.
And I don't think the idea of Twilight going full monster is especially interesting.

Furthermore, wouldn't you say that it's thematically appropriate to deny Twilight a change in shape? In the last fifteen years, she has changed from the character is was in the show to almost someone entirely different, yet she looks almost exactly the same. Her efforts have been inwards.
Besides, physical change is her ultimate goal, yet she looks the same. Continuing to withhold change from her would be the most mocking way to show show her failure at her ultimate goal.
>>
>>25312837

No, her turning into something that' not an alicorn is the most mocking way.
>>
>>25312837
Well Twilight is going full monster anyways, just not physically.
>>
>>25312742
You sir, have a point. Who wants to make a 500 point army and see what happens? I happen to know of a fairly good browser-based tabletop simulator that should work wonderfully. Roll20 if anyone knows of it.
>>
>>25312883
Really?
I think it's kind of worse to spend fifteen years accomplishing absolutely nothing, rather than spend fifteen years and do something wrong. Stagnation is harsh, Anon.

>>25312892
Yeah, that's what she's spent the last decade and a half doing, really. It's just her having a cliché physical transformation that I think sounds uninteresting.

>>25312934
I know R20 works fine for tile-based stuff, but have you tried it for things like Warhammer? Does it work fine for that format?
>>
>>25312934
500 points? but i already have a 1000 point army >:

But yeah, i'm up for it, gonna go with M&S, and i already have a roll20 account so no problem there
And i am fairly unexperienced with tabletop wargaming, so i might have a hard time understanding the rules..
>>
>>25312934
>>25312988
I'd love to watch this go down.
>>
>>25312971
It should work well enough, given a large enough grid. Not sure though.
Units should be dealt with outside of the actual browser thing though.

LINK INCOMING:
https://app.roll20.net/join/1095790/YgJMhg
>>
>>25313035
I suppose you could use Vassal, but that's more demanding of everyone involved.
>>
>>25313046
I guess, but I have literally zero experience with that. I'd prefer to be able to use a platform I can work with.

Also, whoever's interested, join up.
>>
>>25312934
I'll join in with my Baegold if you can give me a good time frame for game.
>>
>>25313062
I cant play right now as Im about to sleep, but soon...
>>
>From atop the crest of the Crystal Palace stood a lonely ruler.
>Their eyes scanned the horizon, a longing hope slowly burned out.
>The Empire's Seat of Power, the Crystal City, laid under siege for a time unknowable.
>A barrier surrounded the sparkling city like an upturned glass.
>Shadows covered the shield as though it was naught but an aquarium beneath the ocean.
>A lone guard landed beside his Imperial Liege.
>"Your majesty, the barrier will soon fall."
>The royal's eyes cast upon the cracks that web the barrier.
>A young voice spoke out, shaky but resolute.
"Are the citizens evacuated to the palace?"
>"Yes, your majesty."
"Good, then return to them and give them your protection."
>The stallion took pause for a moment, as if thinking he should speak out.
>His liege never once taking sight away from the crumbling bubble precariously surrounding the city.
>With a nod and a salute, the guard took wing.. leaving the young ruler alone.
>In a matter time that seemed to move at a snail's pace
>The last protection of the Imperial City fell, and the sea of darkness flooded the empty streets.
>It consumed all in its path, leaving naught but misty shadows in its wake.
>Another joined the lonely crest of the Palace, their eyes filled with greed and contempt.
>The wisps of shadows and darkness still clung to their coat, but his form consolidated once more.
>The King of Shadows has come once again to usurp Crystal Throne.
>Fear gripped a young heart but was burned away by resolve, anger, passion, and love.
>How dare he look upon me as naught but a child, I am the rightful heir of this throne, not he.
>How dare he look upon my citizens as slaves and toys, they are mine to claim, not his.
>How dare he look upon my domain as a fief for him to conquer, this is my home, not his.
>How dare he return after the grave sins he committed, this will be his reckoning, indeed his.
>How he thinks he has won, but little does he know of my last gambit. Justice will be mine.
>>
>>25313142
>"Crystalssssss..."
>>
>>25313142
Wrote that literally 3 minutes ago and forgot to hit post..

Cadance's unnamed and gender-nonspecific child versus Sombra! Who won?! You decide!
>>
File: 1445016369014.png (146 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445016369014.png
146 KB, 1000x1000
>>25313164

Candyass
>>
>>25313164
>Who won?!
The Jews.
>>
>>25313142
>little does he know of my last gambit
Best be about to Krondor this shit...
>>
>>25313142
>Fools, the lot of them.
>Thinking they could stop me.
>Nothing will stand between me and my throne.
>Not some little barrier
>Not some pesky guards
>And least of all..
>Not some child.
>Clever to forge a shard of the Heart into a weapon.
>It might of injured me if I had not felt it's power.
>Nothing stands before me anymore.
>Not that barrier.
>Not those guards.
>Not that child.
>They will hold purpose at least..
>They will serve me.
>And with these tools at my disposal again
>All will fall within my grasp.
>My Empire will rise and the fires will burn
>The shadows that will consume the world
>And all will pay heed to my domain.
>All shall know my law and be within my fealty.
>But there is one thing I need..
"Crystalssssss..."
>>
When I finish M&S and Everfree, would people be interested in 1000 point game with me?
>>
>>25313467
I've no experience at all in wargaming, but I'd try my hand at it.
>>
>>25313467
shit man...

don't even know what to make about all this.
as far as I can remember it's sort of bound to fail
>>
>>25313669

Then at least we'll say we tried.
>>
>>25313449
>The king sits upon his stolen throne.
>The slaves toil once more in the mines.
>And peace will not reign again for a long time..
>But hope still burns, in the hearts and minds.
>For the Crystal Heart lays beyond Sombra's grasp.
>The true heir to the throne lives free.
>The last gambit of the child heir was not to strike the usurping king..
>No, it was drive his darkness from the lands!
>The King of Shadows held a Shard of the Crystal Heart in his foul magicks
>He knew not the true plan until it was too late.
>The Magic of Love is something one cannot underestimate.
>For what is Friendship but platonic love
>The Love of a ruler is not one to be misappropriated in comparison.
>For while the Light may blind and burn, it will also guide and nurture.
>Sadly, for every Light there must be Shadow..
>Now stands two thrones in the once unified Empire.
>The King of Shadows himself lays claim to one side
>And the Heir to the Crystal Throne, the Child of Love incarnate..
>Stands opposed to him in every regard.
>Peace may come once again..
>But for now, the fires of war still burn.
>>
>>25313693
that's sort of what anybody says before doing something pointless

but at least it looks fun, in a way. Gonna try it when there's time for it, good job anyway namefag
>>
>>25313142
>>25313449
>>25313702
Well, that's all the spontaneous greentexting from me.
I will continue working on my Stormwing story instead of just randomly posting whatever comes from my fingertips.
>>
500-point game update: M&S Slaves don't mix well with Crystal Militia and Juggernauts. In other news, Geomancers are OP and marksmages are terrible shots.
>>
>>25314840
Comparing the Crystal Empire proposal units to current Moon & Star units is like comparing Sombra to Pipsqueak.
>>
>>25314985
To the contrary I just got shrek'd by magic missiles out the ass.
>>
>>25315004
Literally how.. the faction is basically designed as anti-M&S
>>
>>25315030
Didn't put any anti-magic things in this game.
Too expensive for a small 500-point game.
Anti-mage is single-target removal and the field is bloody expensive, as is the cannon.
>>
>>25315205
What were the unit lists?
>>
>>25315205
IT is done.
>>
>>25314840

it was a fun game, the slaves got turbomurdered by militia.
>>
>>25315423
But everything else got turbomurdered by magic missiles. Holy shit.
>>
>>25315431
it would be great if the arcane manipulator on Luna's side could give extra power dices or something, i feel like it isn't as useful otherwise
>>
>>25315431
What did you guys use? Was it a physical boardgame?
>>
>>25315451
They used roll20.net
>>
File: A sorrowful Ending.jpg (252 KB, 1080x864) Image search: [Google]
A sorrowful Ending.jpg
252 KB, 1080x864
>She sits upon her royal throne.
>She feels the weight of her wings on her back.
>She knows the whispers are all lies.
>She has the power to rule the world.
>She sees an unexpected visitor.
>She hears the one thing to truly break her.
"Twilight Sparkle, I am disappointed in you."
>>
>>25316261
Cuts deep man, cuts deep.
>>
>>25316261
"Twilight J Sparkle, what did I tell you about Nazism? You're grounded."
>>
>>25313797
I now really wanna do a Sombra v CE battle. Tonight Unitfag ;) ?
>>
>>25316698
If you do, post your lists afterwards and actually give a summery on how the battle went.
What's the point in war gaming if people can't jib and gibe you on your suboptimal armies
>>
This going to sound dumb but I'm honestly afraid to properly write rules for the changeling queens. I have the general 'Queenly' rules done but can't quite pin down the specifics.
>>
>>25316842
What kind of role do you want changeling queens to have?

Do you want a unit that buffs and leads nearby units? a competent and strong spellcaster? a really strong combat unit?
>>
>>25310072
rules?

If you don't have any, or in the more likely case that you do have some but they are shit scrub tier, then I can help. I do have some good rules.

Also; any contacts for making the models?
I'll just say that I "might" have some contacts.

Finally, just how far are you willing to go?
Names and places will need to be changed, and you won't beenfit from any witness protection.
>>
>>25316871
>rules?
Have you tried reading the OP?
>>
>>25316867
Chrysalis is a beatstick and a magic powerhouse who is currently set to allow destroyed units of drones to return to the battlefield and screws with enemy strategy.

The Grey Monarch is a buff queen, still a magical hurt locker but more focused on buffing units and offering sneaky tricks.

Chitinus is the queen to take if monsters are your think, making them stronger and offering additional upgrades to the gribbly creatures. However she is the weakest magically and lacks a lot of the Arny wide buffing out side of the innate bubble of fearless.
>>
>>25316924
sounds like an amazing line up, but what about generic HQ units? if someone chooses to have an army without big characters, what can they field?
>>
>>25316934
You pick aa model in any unit an bam, they're your HQ. The erudium torc is key to this and admittedly unfinished. Basically changeling can have any unit be their HQ but my idea for the lore is that the queens won't abide a potential competitor so they suffuse a ling with aa fraction of their will an make sure they can rescind it at any moment.
>>
>>25316875
Oh lordy. it's bad.
I mean the choice of rules. It could be worse of course, so it isn't as bad as expectorated.
>>
>>25316965
Soooo, suggestions?
>>
>>25316981
I have a ruleset that could be adapted.
But it depends on where ya'll want to go with this.
>>
>>25316959
Sounds interesting, and really goes into the swarmy feel for the changelings.

On a different note, need any help with new units or things like that?
>>
>>25316999
>new ruleset
>at this point
>when one page fantasy just werks
>>
>>25316999
I'm always open to new ideas. If nothing else we can hybridise the rules and create the bastard child of /mlp/ and /tg/
>>
>>25317020
Please. The roster is a bit threadbare as it stands.
>>
>>25317697
forgot to save the proposed units i did some time ago, so i'll post what i can remember, with a few changes.

>Changeling Impaler
This changeling morphed giant spines on it's back. It then propels them at incredible speeds over a long distance, unfortunately, due to the slow time it takes for the spines to grow back, the Impalers have low attack speed.

>Changeling stinger
Fast skirmisher "cavalry", these scorpion looking Changelings charge with their pincers and rip apart their enemies. Their stingers are filled with poison that slowly kills their target.

>Changeling seers
These magic users, who were born deep into the Changeling hives always cast the spells on themselves, turning into dangerous elements like acid, poison gas or fire, their time inside the hives have made them blind so they'll erratically roam the battlefield when turned into the elements.
>>
I'm finding the redesign of Marksmages to be challenging.

The combined magic missile spell is fine, but I was thinking of a designated target rule.

That they'd get a 2+ to hit that one target.
>>
>>25318160
sounds reasonable enough. I feel the marksmages can be a really good unit, just that it was confusing to have a "basic" ranged unit depend on magic to all of their attacks
>>
>>25318160
Hold up there, that combined magic missile spell does NOT need a buff. The only reason I survived more than two turns with them was that they failed casting about half the time, and even then they completely mowed down my forces.
>>
>>25318160
2+ on any unit that isnt extremely expensive is basically a no go. If what >>25318612 is true, the unit needs a nerf, not a buff.
>>
Just looked over Crystal Empire rules. The unit sizes are pretty damn big. And Shieldbearers are way too cheap.
>>
>>25318821
They're meatshields that can't do melee. They're meant to body block for other units. I think they're fairly priced for what they do.
>>
>>25318845
Just saw that they have no offensive dice. Previous statement retracted. Curious though. On a related note, wanna do a Crystal Empire vs Shadow King game later? I should have some free time.
>>
>>25318903
Sounds good. Gonna have to be later on though, since I've got shit to do today.
>>
Hey. Tablefag, whatever your name is. Where da next table at tho?
>>
>>25318948
Pharaoh nuff. I'm looking forward to this :)
>inb4 his entire army is Sombra
>>
>>25318963
I haven't forgotten m8, I'm just a bit busy at the moment is all. I'll start working on it sometime soon, after I've compiled the cult lists that were made last thread
>>
>>25318713

Says the guy with 100 point arqueteers with rapid rifles and scopes.

The one combined magic missile will be one hit that causes multiple wounds
>>
>>25319557
100 points for three of them, which have absolutely no ability in close combat whatsoever. There's no need to get aggressive.

One hit that causes multiple wounds? So its very effective against units with Tough but fairly harmless against units without it?
>>
>>25319582

Basically a unit for long-range monster/hero/ordnance/chariot killing.

They already need a 4+ to get their power dice to work, and I wanted to put in a balancing feature where they could only fire an eldritch horn one every other round.
>>
>>25319603
If you combine a unit with an already broad range of spells to use along with a spell that lets them effectively railgun important targets, you run the risk of making a unit that becomes too much of a Swiss Army Knife. You have to be very careful how you word the abilities.
>>
>>25319712

Stop being such a pedant. You don't think I know that?

I'm spending a lot of time on polishing this.
>>
>>25319764
I'm not trying to be a pedant. I'm sorry if I give that impression.
>>
Alright, I'm in the clear for the rest of the day. If anyone wishes for a game, I'll set up a roll20 field.
>>
>>25320404
I'll be a couple of hours
>>
File: RNG.png (168 KB, 1294x508) Image search: [Google]
RNG.png
168 KB, 1294x508
Oh yeah, this happened.
>>
>>25321066
man, that fight wasn't biased at all!

i'm actually more pissed at almost winning by 1 single point.
>>
Thinking of trying my hand at establishing lore for post-split Crystal Empire. How do you guys think that the Empire would have reacted to the disappearance of the princesses?
>>
>>25321886
I think it wouldn't matter to them at all. They knew slavery, then the Princesses came and banished Sombra, who cursed them into banishment with him, then they return to a world with no princesses. They're still slaves. Just another day in the Crystal Empire.
>>
>>25321953

Their old queen was an Amore.

If they know about Cadance, they'd want her.

Heck, Sombra might want to kill or marry her for that reason.
>>
>>25321953
Slaves to whom, though? My thinking was that since Cadence was an alicorn figurehead in what lore there is, the Empire must be post-sombra. My question is how would they change when the princesses disappear?

I was thinking of something like getting into contact with the yaks due to increased military pressure from the now-in-conflict Equestria, and are trying to stay out of all the political turmoil. That doesn't mean they're not sucked into such disputes every now and then, though.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 730x1010) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 730x1010
Whitegold Mercenary Company Tables finished soon, only lacking the last few tables now.
http://pastebin.com/mdQCEm2M
Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.
>>
>>25322417

coolio
>>
Re-opening the Roll20 board for any interested.
Will be inputting faction units / making fields. Spectate, play, help input units, whatever you wish to do.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1095790/YgJMhg
>>
>>25322123
Here's the way I see the timeline, for what it's worth.

>Year X: Celestia and Luna banish Sombra into the NetherVoidWorld of Games whatever, and his curse seals the Crystal Empire away with him
>Year X+1000: The Princesses disappear; shit gets real
>Year X+1001-1020 somewhere in there: CE reappears, along with Sombra

Now, by the established lore, Candyass and Corndog DIDN'T go to the CE when it reemerged. Of course, this is only because it didn't exist yet when said lore was written, but bear with me here. With all the strife and turmoil occurring at home, how could Shining Armor and Cadance justify haring off to save a kingdom that they've never seen, when shit is happening already right inside their borders? And if they couldn't go to stop that threat, there would be literally nothing preventing Sombra from immediately reclaiming total control of the Crystal Empire.

That's how I see the setting, and how I personally would implement the Empire. Sombra unchecked, a massive nation of slaves mustering for war. I would interpret the CE to actually be an Empire, as well. Not sure exactly HOW I'd do that, unless I wanted to throw the Yaks into the setting as well and come up with a bunch of other conquered states bordering the Empire, but whatever. It's a seed of an idea.
>>
>>25323135
>3 AM already
>early classes tomorrow
Some other day.
>>
>>25322417
I'll try and knock something out for this once I get done making dinner. I've been waiting for this one almost as much as I've been waiting for Everfree.
>>
>>25323193
Sure you don't want to wait until I get some sleep and finish the last few tables?
>>
>>25323180
Perhaps instead the Empire turned to the Yaks for help in their fight against Sombra's army? Sombra's forces could have come from fallen Empire towns or whatnot. That, to me, would be a lot more interesting.
>>
>>25323273
>their fight against Sombra's army
That's just it, though. The Crystal ponies ARE Sombra's army. I do not like the interpretation the comics gave Sombra. I like him much better as a corrupted unicorn with shodow magic, as opposed to being just one member of a sooper speshul race of shadow ponies.

Way I see it, Sombra is a corrupter at heart. Any forces he would have at his disposal would be slaves, or shadow-corrupted versions of other creatures, be they ponies, zebras, cows, fucking dragons, what have you.

Fleshing out the Crystal Empire to actually make it an Empire instead of a single castle-and-town would give him a larger range of creatures to draw from, perhaps, but it's a tricky proposition to do so while still keeping one's imagination firmly in check. I wouldn't want to let myself go off the deep end and fly into wild OC bullshit. But that's just me.

Beauty of all this is, your ideas or mine are equally non-canon. Do whatever you want. As long as it fits your interpretation of the setting and is enjoyable to whoever you manage to rope into a game, it's all gravy.
>>
I want to cum inside the Laughing Mare
>>
>>25323588
That's actually what I'm trying todo. The Empire's under siege by its own corrupted forces. Sombra's trying to take control, and the Empire is fighting back to keep what it has, while those lands that Sombra does gain only makes his forces stronger. Another reason why the CE would turn to its neighbors for help.
>>
>>25323630
>the Empire is fighting back to keep what it has
But HOW? If you're going by show-canon, the Empire is fucked without Heartass and the Crystal MacGuffin. They wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>25323657
Organized military forces and available materials, I guess. Magic and crystals have always been a strange combination in the show, so I've taken that and turned it into some form of weapon.

Corrupt magic is still magic, and a magic-absorbing crystal that makes an anti-magic field would be reasonable. Same for using absorbed magic as a power source for some form of weapon.

Sombra's forces only come from those he subjugates. Those that aren't subjugated aren't just going to stand there and take it, they're going to fight back, even if it is futile.
>>
All this talk about the Crystal Empire makes me want to continue that shitty story I wrote earlier.

I actually have to make a fanon character that isn't disposable though.. seeing how I don't want to wait twenty years for season six to see what crawls out of Cadence's cooch..

>pic related
Yes or no? His name is Valiant Heart
>>
>>25323955
Needs to be crystal, and I've got nothing positive to say about the wings. Colors might work if they're toned down a bit.
>>
>>25323955
Like the perfect storm of autism and subtle Swedish influences.
>>
>>25323955
Make him just a unicorn.
>>
>>25323955
>Yes or no?
No. Most definitely no. He's not GRCelesto-tiers of shit, but come on, man. Stripedy mane, two-tone wings, fucking ALICORN. You knew what you were doing when you made this, and you knew how it would be received.
>>
File: Somewhat passable now.jpg (83 KB, 978x816) Image search: [Google]
Somewhat passable now.jpg
83 KB, 978x816
>>25324009
>>25324021
>>25324064
>>25324107
He's from some Next Gen fanfic thing, I am too lazy to do anything about it myself.. but I am sure there is a unicorn picture somewhere.

Anyway, I'll be basing my story off Sombra getting his ass handed to him then making a comeback like in the comics and attempting his third try at domination.
Candyass is busy squatting on the Equestrian Throne so she left her son in charge. In this timeline he'd be somewhere around 13 to 14 or so..
>>
File: Candence best mother.jpg (73 KB, 1024x832) Image search: [Google]
Candence best mother.jpg
73 KB, 1024x832
>>25324114
Yeah, could only find two pictures of this OC as a unicorn.
I do wish to know what Cadence's foal will be, it's why I left the story so vague on the character.

So, any recommendations on his personality and whatnot?
>>
>>25324261

Has a chip on his shoulder, to live up to his parent's reputation.

A bit secluded, since he was a royal. And a Moon and Star one, to boot.
>>
>>25324114
>twilightxflash offspring
>the autist prince of ikea
>>
File: next_gen_by_kilala97-d6up88c.jpg (87 KB, 1024x473) Image search: [Google]
next_gen_by_kilala97-d6up88c.jpg
87 KB, 1024x473
>>25324346
That's how I envisioned the character.

>>25324376
The Sparity is worse, some of the characters trigger triggers beyond triggering.
>>
>>25324447
>>
>>25324447
It's all bad.
Burn it.
>>
File: Night Falls at Twilight's End.jpg (141 KB, 1584x1050) Image search: [Google]
Night Falls at Twilight's End.jpg
141 KB, 1584x1050
>>25316261
>She stood over the crumpled form of her mentor.
>She heard the lying voices whispering in her head.
>She knew that this day will only grow worse.
>She saw another who challenged her authority.
>She knew this abdicator would not stand down.
"We had hoped to return the favor and spare you from your darkness, tis a foolish notion. Only darkness can overcome darkness."
>>
File: You can (not) Change.png (812 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
You can (not) Change.png
812 KB, 1280x720
>>25324598
>She watched from on high.
>She had won her battles.
>She claimed her spoils.
>She landed in front of herself.
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. Sometimes the past just isn't worth keeping when there is no future to build."
>>
Hey tablefag, you're a writefag
Why don't you write for us
http://pastebin.com/u/ChurroAnon
>>
I tried writing something as my first foray into writing ever. Purple Prose Ho!

Plz tho. Give criticisms.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWTOmt376tSfjUFxLM_GldGSCj7pRIaVV4emIe1okXY/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>25325003

The prose really is rather purple.

I think you could tone it down, but otherwise I like it.
>>
>>25325003
Go read all the books written by that dead motherfucker who wrote 'Get Shorty'.
>>
I've been drinking. Someone should post that d20 roll generator whatsit.
>>
>>25325003
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>25325092
Figured I'd get it all out of my system before I do a rewrite so the story can actually be seen under the clutter.
>>
>>25324929
I've been meaning to write some green for another thread pretty much all day, but I've been so busy with things that I haven't been able to just sit down be alone and write.
and now I think I might be getting sick

I am hoping to at least start the Earthborn table soon though, and if people have any ideas for one-shots I might try to write something for the thread some time, definitely not write now though I'm afraid.
>>
File: quinquereme.png (801 KB, 1269x643) Image search: [Google]
quinquereme.png
801 KB, 1269x643
I was thinking M&S airships would be magic-powered, and not resemble zeppelins.
>>
>>25325905
Ah well. Hope you get better soon.
>>
>>25325276
aright. i'm fucking drunk and no one posted a shit, so i just highlighted and googled it

lets get a comapny goin. it ain't even done so i'll just make up some bullshit for the last part.

never mind, i'd have to make up too much. Get your shit together, tablefag. Put it all in a backpack or something, so it's together.
>>
>>25326320
Thanks man
>>25326361
Put it in a backpack?
I got all the legion stuff squared away but the Cult material is a different story I'm afraid.

http://pastebin.com/P2JctLU1

http://pastebin.com/gZ7Mty2S
>>
>>25326536
You gonna do this to me? You bREALLY gonna make me have to settle for developing the magicnazis when I should b e helping out the Hornjews?

REally?
>>
File: TOO COOL.jpg (24 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
TOO COOL.jpg
24 KB, 480x320
>>25326576
We could always make Edgy Carnies too m8. Cult table's all ready to rock.

I'll take another looksie at that Merc table for ya and get back to you in a little bit. Want me to try and roll something up?
>>
>>25326613
Already did that. Haven't worked on TWAILAIGHT SPAWRKULES ARUMEE yet.

Out of curiouity, what's wrong with with the Cult? >>25326536 sounded like shit was fucked up.
>>
>>25326633
Oh the Cult table's all ready. I think it turned out pretty well, although I admittedly think the Moon and Star table was a bit better put together.

What I meant to say was that I hadn't really put the Cult table in a pastebin, or compiled together the different cult armies/cells that people had made yet.
>>
I'm going to flesh out the 3rd and 4th legions after I'm doing sleeping.

3rd legion is going to be the most "vanilla" M&S legion.

4th Legion is probably going to bear similarities to the pre-heresy emperor's children.
>>
Alrighty
I just made a new pastebin for the Cult of Laughter Cell creation table, and it also has a list of cells that were recently made in the last thread.

http://pastebin.com/ATHDxzw5

If there were any I had forgotten then please feel free to point it out to me so I can add them to the list.
>>
>>25327060
Can we call the necromancers, necrodancers?
>>
File: Lichnomancer.png (111 KB, 948x375) Image search: [Google]
Lichnomancer.png
111 KB, 948x375
>>25327218
Why dance when you can JAM!?
>>
>>25327218
I have no objections to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP_7nFldRtY
>>
>>25327302
>Wat do
>Isn't it obvious?
>EVERYBODY GET UP
>IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW
>>
Up from 10.
>>
I've got a few hours of open time if anyone wishes to try out a 1000-ish point game. Same link as above.
Main goal of this is to iron out some of the details of how these units actually work in-game.
>>
>>25329710
Might give it a shot after dinner, if you're okay with playing with someone who doesn't know the system.
>>
>>25329864
I'll get the map set up, but at this point, it's going to have to be after 6 EST.
>>
>Page Turner
>Warmage and commander of the 3rd Legion.
>Appearance: Slight build, young-looking male unicorn. Creamy fur with a brown mane. Cutie Mark is a large book that is having it's pages turned.

Warmage Page Turner is cut from a different cloth. While his fellow Warmages all excel in matters physical and magical, Page Turner's talent lies in organization and management. A young professor at Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns, Page Turner was one of the earliest members of Moon and Star, joining even before Arch-Magister Twilight Sparkle.

While Celestia's old legions were battling amongst each other in their barracks and in the streets, it was Page Turner who first proposed Moon and Star create it's own legions.

Although his credentials were suspect, Page Turner was given the task of organizing the 3rd Legion, on the understanding that he'd relinquish control of it when a suitable replacement was found.

After the "Battle of Apple Blossoms", the Diet of Magisters conceded that they'd never find a suitable replacement.

Page Turner runs his Legion like a well-oiled machine, and his Legionnaires drill and drill and drill. Because of this, they can quickly adopt new formations and strategies, to react to new developments in battles. It is this flexibility that has ensured the 3rd Legion's place in Moon and Star society.

Some of Page Turner's fellow warmages look down on him, and have derisively called him "The Professor", or "The Schoolteacher". But Page Turner doesn't care. His results speak for themselves.
>>
>>25326071
What would they look like though? Because flying sea ships is just silly.
>>
>>25331544
>>25326071
What's the problem with having two different factions using airships/dirigibles?
They're readily available to both factions, anyways.
>>
>>25332149
That's what bothers me, M&S should have them but Yorick never gave 'em.
I'd prefer if they weren't a copy of Whitegold's but also not flying boats.

Final Fantasy has a few airship designs, maybe nick one from there?
>>
>>25332197
Most of the airship designs are similar anyways. Perhaps different markings and whatnot.

Also I have a question: If there's so little canon actually left, why can't we fill in the FAIRLY IMPORTANT canon, like the whole cause of this split in the first place, with lore that is collectively agreed upon? I mean, something as big as that shouldn't just be left to speculation, especially due to the importance of the event.

If I'm missing something blatantly obvious, forgive me, but there are some holes that need fixing one way or another if this is to be a thing.

Also considering writing some kind of CE v. Sombra green because that still sounds like an excellent lore point...
>>
>>25331544
Like TWAILAIGHT SPARKULZ BAWLOON, of course.
>>
>>25331544

M&S already has some roman influences.

Making their airships even just superficially take on roman influence would be nice.
>>
File: zouave_1.jpg (213 KB, 1050x1499) Image search: [Google]
zouave_1.jpg
213 KB, 1050x1499
When the mercenary table gets finished, I'm making some Zoo-aves
>>
>>25332585
Ask, and it shall be given you.
Here's the finished or at least like v1.0 or something version of the Whitegold Mercenary Company Tables:
http://pastebin.com/mdQCEm2M
>>
Got a

and a 12

>Venerable Company
>Large force
>Pony-Folk
>Massed Fire
>Venture Captain leader
>Magically inclined leader
>Pro-bono payment
>friendship with whitegold merchant or noble

Rolled a 9 for enemy, so that means cult.

I'll work on this later.
>>
>>25332681
Yeah, buddy. Lez du dis.

>Rolled 10
>Age: Fresh Meat

>Rolled 7
>Size: Large (~5000)

>Rolled 4
>Origins: Masters of the Earth

>Rolled 5
>Signature Tactics: Ground Mobility

>Rolled 6
>Owner: Venture Captain

>Rolled 7
>Captain: Magically Inclined

>Rolled 10
>Event: Unexpected Reward

>Rolled 6
>Friend: The Undercity

>Rolled 20
>Enemies: The Undercity

Hoo fuckin' boy... I'll need a bit to figure out how to wangle this one.
>>
>>25333324

Sounds like a mob during the french revolution
>>
>>25333324
You should probably reroll the enemy.
>>
>>25333363
The hell I will. Figuring out how to make tricky rolls fit is half the fun.
>>
File: 2015-11-05_02-16-23.png (3 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05_02-16-23.png
3 KB, 720x480
>>25332681
Time for mercenaries!
So, I've got my physical dice ready, and I rolled 9, 9, 10, 4, 1, 3, 3, 5 and 8.
This means:
>Age: Fresh Meat
>Size: Large
>Origin: Brotherhood of War
>Signature Tactics: Ordnance Experts
>Owner: Whitegold Upper Class
>Captain: Traditional Captain
>Event: Disloyalty
>Friendship: The Undercity
>Enemies: Whitegold Noble House

Interesting mix. Here's my first impressions:

Company Name: The Undercity Artillery Company
Captain Name: Starburst
Flag: Gules, a bend Argent
>>
>>25333910
So, since this Company is pretty new and has no connections to anything outside of House Whitegold, I'm thinking it's a fresh Company made up from refugees and the poor inhabitants of the Undercity. It was originally established by a Whitegold noble as a personal Company, and he was to lead it as its Captain. This noble had a fascination with field guns and artillery, and had in fact made a lot off money from a cannon foundry he owned in the Undercity.
So when he first established the Company, he managed to convince an Ordnance Officer from the Whitegold Militia to join him as second-in-command, as the noble himself had no military experience. The officer was a Unicorn, born in the Undercity before it grew into the immense size it holds today. She joined the Militia, and though she had little personal wealth, she over the years rose to her current position, commanding an artillery segment on the Wall.
The Company was recruited and organized by the second-in-command, and was made out of a mixture of poor natives and refugees. The Company is mostly made out of ponies, but has no real majority of any race. Its strength lies in that is owns a good amount of solid field guns and assorted artillery, and that it's well drilled in the usage of such equipment.
>>
>>25333934
But before the Company had even been fully established, it was called to action. The workers of the noble's cannon foundry were on strike against low pay and poor working conditions. With not enough law enforcement to handle the overgrown Undercity, the enraged noble decided to use the Company against the workers. However, the Company and the second-in-command felt more loyalty towards the Undercity and its inhabitant than to some rich sponsor, and refused to muster arms, even going as far as forcefully evicting the noble from the Company's headquarters. The noble was furious, but instead of disbanding the company or turning it into a legal matter, a fellow Whitegold merchant with connections to the ordnance trade saw the possibility of buying an already established Company, and managed to talk the noble into selling it. The second-in-command was made into the Company's Captain. Though the issue of ownership was now resolved, the former owner and his family still considered themselves firm enemies of the Company.
They've yet to see any real conflict, but have recently been contracted by Whitegold Military Command, and are ready to leave Manehatten for the first time.

I dunno. This is more or less just my first impression of it.
>>
>>25333910
>750 point army:
1 Gleaming Captain (Starburst)
1*3 Gem Golems
2*1 Fancypant's Mortar
1*10 Wing Dragoons
2*5 Ponies of Fortune
1*10 Whitegold Militia
>>
Oakely Dokely mercs we go:

Size:Medium

Origin:Ponyfolk

Tactics:Arcane Superiority

Owner:Company Council

Event:A Banner Reclaimed

Friend: A Friendly Mercenary Guild

Enemy: Whitegold Merchant

I'm thinking of pegasus merc being force fed a slice of humble pie and had to be bailed out by a much larger, older guild rather early on.

The pegasus was given a second chance and after pulling the guild back together, went about rearming and rebuilding, often via grants offered by the older guild.

The pegasus knew that the guild was merely seeking to extend their influence and had seen an opportunity in the struggling newcomer. However to turn aside the older guild would be to throw the remnants to the wolves and with pegasus's trust in himself shaken, he allowed his guild to rebuild under the stipulations of the elder guild.

Adapting their tactics and utilising their resources the guild was rebuilt to modest strength in relatively short time and to secure their allegiance, led a joint effort to reclaim their company banner from the merchants who had claimed it and were coincidentally, staunchly against the rapid expansion and privatisation of mercenary companies.

Although the pegasus was allowed to keep his station, the enforcement of a council has drastically restricted his actual power over the company he now, no longer recognises.
>>
>>25332681
>8
>Age: Decade

>3
>Size: Small

>6
>Origin: Griffon Company

>5
>Tactics: Ground Mobility

>9
>Owner: Foreign

>8
>Captain: Wing Commander

>3
>Event: Disloyalty

>4
>Friendship: Whitegold Merchant/Noble

>18
>Enemy: Griffons
>>
>>25335267
>disloyal
>griffon company
>enemy of griffons
That's pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>25335279

Probably betrayed Stormwing, and therefore the griffon kingdom
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.