[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fimfic/ Fimfiction Thread: Now with 32% more shameful self-awareness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 19
Come one and all to the meta-writefag and help raise the quality of My Little Pony fanfiction! Featuring: Theguysaidhi keeps trying to fuck our OP's and fails miserably.

ITT: MLP:FiM fanfictions, off-topic discussion, requests, recommendations, infedils, hearth attacks, Table Top vs. Vidya, >"what is bait? ur not fishes", How to Spot A Newfag In One Easy Step, and >not wanting to see Bleeding embarrass himself and try to "troll" a semi-popular writer with a dedicated fanbase of autists.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his underage waifu' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners): http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png

List of nominees by category: http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a good writing prompt?: http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

Riffs and Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Fluttershy in the mountains of madness

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25246657
>>
>>25297883
At least it's not metaposting...
Futaloo get.
>>
>>25297960
I'm a shame for the futa.
>>
File: tumblr_nnguz3aeZ51uqcgwto1_1280.png (229 KB, 1194x893) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnguz3aeZ51uqcgwto1_1280.png
229 KB, 1194x893
To the voiceguy that posted his playlist in the last thread:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP9vKRD6fwbB9SivAVVZ7hXTDsW4NRYm3

Holy shit dude, your University Days kept me entertained for hours while driving back and forth between places! Love the little details you added like the sound of a mobile, text message ect.
Great stuff, nice to see you here!
>>
>>25298174
>University Days
You know, as much as I like that story, I can't hel but feel it's not pony related at all.
You could make the characters biped and change their names, and I don't think anything would change.
>>
Didn't see this thread.
Can the guy making shitty OPs please fuck off?
>>
>>25298962
It's based on the most common fandom personalities for two background characters from the show. It's SoL/Romance, so it's no wonder it doesn't focus on worldbuilding or anything like that.
>>
>>25298962

>You could make the characters biped and change their names, and I don't think anything would change

Well, that's not true. If this story were set on earth instead of Equestria, then a lot of the stuff that sticks out in a bad way, like everyone having cell phones, would make perfect sense.

So it's not so much "not pony related" as it is anti-pony. The pony-ness isn't irrelevant, it actually makes the story worse.
>>
>>25299632#
Not all of us have as much free time as TGSH.
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/297283/sunset-slayer
New autistic story from Pen Stroke himself!
>>
>>25300329
Theguysaidhi, can you please rot in your own thread?
>>
File: fimfiction general.png (471 KB, 965x691) Image search: [Google]
fimfiction general.png
471 KB, 965x691
bumper cars
>>
>>25301068
ha
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 223x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 223x193
>Writing really good sci-fi
>realize halfway through is basically star was + Days of wasp and spider
>>
>>25301969
I'd read it
>>
>>25299397
Yeah, it was kinda jarring at first, but I managed to turn my brain off long enough for me to get engaged in the rest of the story.
>>
I haven't been following this thread or fimfic much lately, what are your favorite new fics from the last couple months?
>>
>>25301969
I'd read it too.
>>
>>25301969
>writing really good sci-fi
post proof faggot. what you may think is good, is probably really shitty.
>>
>>25302080
I would but I'm a massive faggot so I won't.
>>
>>25302042
>tfw all the good fics I think of as "new" are actually 6+ months old

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/243811/an-ally-called-preponderance
Ponies on Earth. They show up by accident and get stuck, and a scientist works to help them get home.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/286841/apple-honeys-perfectly-ordinary-day
Just 11k words of a talking horse going about her business. The worldbuilding is pretty good (it's by the author of Onto the Pony Planet).

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/247031/the-mare-who-once-lived-on-the-moon
Steampunk Twiluna AU thing. Twilight builds a great big telescope and spots a blue pony running around on the moon.
>>
File: 2.png (583 KB, 1235x1080) Image search: [Google]
2.png
583 KB, 1235x1080
Hello, friends.
>>
>>25302475
>zero-content post
>way too soon for a bump
>name
>avatar
>>>/soc/
>>
>>25302475
Hi, Jetty.
Wrote anything lately?
>>
>>25302620
I finished up a short story two weeks ago, but it wasn't particularly pony related.

I suppose I need to knuckle down and write the short sequel fic to BTWOE. It will just be short story length, to tie up a few loose ends.
>>
>>25302317
thanks ill check those out
>>
I just came up with a story.

It's called "Cave man rapes Rarity."

I'm not going to right it.

Is it still a good idea though?
>>
>>25303875
>UOOOOOOOOOGH

"Please no Darling, please don't"

>EEEEEEEE EEEEEE EEEEEE

"Oh goodness, this can't be happening."

>EEEAAAA EAAAAA EAAAAA

"Please, make it all stop."

>OOOOH OOOOH OOOOH.

"I hope I don't get pregnant..."
>>
>>25303875
>I'm not going to right it
Yes, it's a good idea.
>>
>>25303957
>AAAAAH AAAAAAAH

"I really am feeling it right now, it disgusts me."

>OOOOK OOOOOK OOOOK

"Oh my! It's too much... just let it end."

>HOOOOH HOOOOOH HOOOOOOO

"Oh no, please don't, please, I was just kidding Please!"

>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

"He did it, I'm filled..."

>Ooooo.....

"I can't get free... Twilight? Where are you, anyone?"

>"Slump"

"It's so heavy, auch, its breath smells so bad..."
>>
>>25303966
I don't believe it, its an actual good idea. It's... beautiful. I thought such a thing never existed. Just some story that mares would tell their foals of when they went to bed.

I mean, it's uncanny. Just staring into the abyss of this idea makes my soul drench in confusion. This idea really must be the good idea that will save us all.

I am baffled, if only there was someone who had the ability to write this idea down into a story worthy of actual reading.

But, as it is. People are faggots and are too lazy, including myself.

It was a trifling afternoon for anonymous poster on the internet. Sulking on his keyboard, trying to figure out the meaning of life, but all in all, what he wanted most was to write about a Caveman raping Rarity, it was a weird feeling to think about, but the idea itself was quite arousing. Just imagining that caveman cock slapping itself into the mare as she begged for it to end.

No man could resist their penis hardening itself to a long and strong length to that image.

It was a quandary anonymous poster on the internet continued to think. He knew that he could write the story, it just was weird that he could write this much without actually doing the one about Caveman.

The brain is a fickle thing, it will only anything against you and never ever worry about what you actually want. Maybe... anonymous was really the caveman all along. The old brain that refuses to evolve to his natural evolutions.

Poor poor anonymous poster. If only he could do what needed to be done.
>>
>>25304013
anonymous poster turned around, he found himself in a cave and was wondering what the fuck was going on.

He lifted his arm and found a hoof where the hand used to be, and was white colored.

It turned out, he was Rarity all along, trying to imagine something to forget all the dreadful things that have been happening.

But, for her, she knew that the caveman was coming and it was going to rape her over and over again.

Anything that could deter her mind from total insanity was best here, even the fact that she was chained to the floor with rocks wasn't enough, she could feel the little one in her womb kicking.

It had been several months since she was captured by this creature, her horn smashed, her dignity defiled over and over again.

She just wanted it all to end, her cradling whatever abomination her womb grew out.

And, it was in full growth, the little being in her. She wouldn't know what to do with such a thing, maybe she just wanted a lease from this endless humiliation.

How could her friends lose her so? How could any of this happen.

Suddenly, Rarity felt a pain in her stomach, a splash of womb water flowed out from her and she began labor.

"No, please! I don't want this! Twilight, Applejack! Celestia, anypony. Save me please!!"

She would cry out in vain like she always had.

At least it would satisfy her the best she could. It was going to be a long, painful night.

With one push, she started yelping, the odd feeling of the baby in her coming out.

For several hours she would just push, the pain mixed with the suffering from within, caused her to finally lose her mind.

She could only laugh as she saw the little pony legs push out from her.

"Ahahaha! at least its got my beautifu... "Nnngh!" legs!"

With each push, she would continue until with one final grunt, she pushed the creature out from her, the child she made with that thing.

"Its... beautiful."

She picked it up with her hooves and cradled it close as it made a queer screech.
>>
>>25304085
"Is there anypony who actually cares about me!? Am I to be like this for all my life?"

Rarity looked onto the baby before her, its lower body like hers, but the upper part like that creatures. Truth be told, it seemed kind of cute and it was hers after all.

"What should I name you...? I know! My precious little Gem"

She looked around herself, the light of the entrance to the cave illuminating everything. Rarity could finally see her newborn with whatever pride she could make.

"Yes, my little Gem, are you hungry my little one?"

She stood up, a puddle of water and blood wetting her hooves. Lowering her child down, it scurried to her crotch and drank away from the nipple.

It was a weird sensation feeding your little one like a mother should. Although, with a bit of insanity and undeniable depression seeped in.
But, instinctive love seeped in to her and some kind of happiness came in.

It was the first time she felt any semblance of joy in a long time. She started crying tears, each drop was met with the sound of her child suckling.

"Yes, my little Gem, eat up. Everything will be fine, I'm here for you."
>>
>>25304189
"Damn it, I..."

Rarity looked down at the massive puddle of wetness before her and had a sudden idea.

"I can escape, if I just."

Rarity spread the watery substance onto her hind legs and tried her best to slide through the rocks that held her from escaping, she could barely stand from them tight on her.

She could feel her substance lubing the two stone that held her and she pulled with all her might, the pain incredibly excruciating.

With one final push, she was set free with one leg, and another push and she was free completely.

She started running out, until she realized her tit had gone without suckling. Looking aback, she saw her offspring playing on the ground, twirling on the stone cave interior.

She looked at the freedom of light and to her child, before running for it, picking it up and exiting the cave in post haste.

She ran with an odd walk, but was able to make it out into the dense jungle that she lost her friends in.
>>
welp, I'm burnt out, time to sleep after writing this. stuff.

Is this thread ded, or is it just me?
>>
>>25304345
Thanks for killing it.
Should've just posted a link to GDocs instead of four huge walls of text.
>>
>>25304493
Could you rate it?
>>
>>25304514
Crackfic/10
>>
>>25304522
Aww come on, everything is a crackfic to you guys that has weird shit in it.
>>
>>25304534
That is literally a crackfic. A "comedy" fic with a really dumb and shitty joke.
Someday you'll overcome your urges, bleedin.
>>
>>25304549
wait wait wait, whats the dumb shitty joke here?
>>
>>25304559
>"It turned out, he was Rarity all along"
>caveman rape
>actually becoming pregnant after having sex with a human

Come on, bleedin. You can't tell me you're writing crackfics subconsciously now.
>>
>>25304576
>Rarity has gone insane after months of sexual and mental abuse.
>Caveman Rape is hot.
>Satyr general exists.

Got any other excuses?
>>
>>25304592
I don't know, do you? The ones you posted sound pretty bad, you might want to think about some better ones.
>>
>>25304601
enlighten me how they are "Pretty bad"
>>
>>25304608
I don't have time for this. I've argued with you enough times to know you'll remain in denial.
>>
>>25304615
In denial of what? How do you even know I'm bleedin in the first place?
>>
>>25304621
It's just really obvious.
>>
>>25304628
thats not even an explanation. So, why should I take you seriously?
>>
File: 1352579044905.jpg (8 KB, 247x275) Image search: [Google]
1352579044905.jpg
8 KB, 247x275
>>25304630
>writes a crackfic without even knowing it
>gets upset when someone calls him out on it
>"if you don't like my fic, it's a problem with you, not with my story!"
>posts four walls of text and asks for ratings because he likes attention
>doesn't respond to the first few times someone called him bleedin, just when he has no other way of continuing a pointless argument
>terrible writing
Why do you even take YOURSELF seriously?
>>
>>25304630
>>25304666
Chill the fuck out guys. There are better ways to bump a thread.
>>
>>25304710
Like what? Titties?
>>
File: PurpleSweating.gif (66 KB, 254x278) Image search: [Google]
PurpleSweating.gif
66 KB, 254x278
>>25305333
D-don't think I'm intimidated by your trips, Anon!

But yes, titties.
>>
>>25305351
Post some.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 461x439) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 461x439
>mfw 'trigger warning: contains...'

Fucking why? Is a story containing anthro mares with huge dicks really gonna trigger someone?
>>
I think last year there was some real big hubbubbaloo over Write 50,000 words in a month contest thing
http://nanowrimo.org/
IS that going to be a thing this year you guys think
>>
>>25305636
When I publish anything on Fimfiction, I'll add "Trigger Warning: You're a faggot."
>>
>>25305671

Um... yes.

>>25304514

Your story is a sequence of events with little for the reader to invest in. You lack any sense of detail, and for all you use Rarity's viewpoint, there's no sense of really getting inside her thoughts and experiences.
>>
>>25304514
1/10.
>>
>>25305636
>Is a story containing anthro mares with huge dicks really gonna trigger someone?
>anthro mares
>with huge dicks
>mares
Yes. Yes it will.
>>
File: 1442524060584.jpg (47 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1442524060584.jpg
47 KB, 383x504
>>25297883
>Theguysaidhi keeps trying to fuck our OP's and fails miserably.
>rehashed OP
>butchered subject
>OP's
>that silly prompt
>>
any.... GENUINELY GREAT fanfics out there?
>>
>>25305884
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/297132/1/
>>
>>25305884
muh fic
>>
File: scootabump.gif (450 KB, 456x412) Image search: [Google]
scootabump.gif
450 KB, 456x412
Bump.
>>
>>25305351
regular titties or horse titties?
>>
>>25306429
Please do explain what you mean by "horse titties". It's a pretty ambiguous description.
>>
>>25306435
whats ambiguous about horsetits?

Seems pretty clear to me
>>
>>25306442
Proposition 1: There are many different kinds of horses
Proposition 2: There are many different kinds of tits.
Therefore, there are many different kinds of horse and tit combinations to the second power.
>>
>>25306467
perhaps.

But I'd posit that there are no bad horses and no bad titties, so regardless of the combination theys a good thing.
>>
>>25306522
I question the authenticity of your position on the quality of horses and titties. There may, in fact, be bad horses, and there may, in fact, be bad titties. I use picture related as proof. For more, use the tag "alicorn oc".
>>
>>25298962
Yeah it's a pretty decent story, just wanted to point out I appreciate Savrin Drake's work
>>
>>25306598
I do see your attached pic, and while I agree that the mind behind that particular creation is an awful one you would have to agree that that particular horse would be endowed with truly glorious teats

No one is going to make their hideously OP alicorn OC and give them substandard mammos, anon
>>
>>25306643
I posit that overly large teats on a horse look ridiculous, even disgusting in larger sizes.
>>
>>25306651
I never said giant ones.

bigguns look awful regardless of the species theyre attached to.

but pert, firm with nice nipplage is what were talking here
>>
>>25306598
I bet that one has a huge ego___
also a cock
>>
>>25306598
>pic

this is sarcasm, right?
>>
>>25305816
Weak pussy ass bitch nigga.
>>
>>25306814
I know, right? That rainbow hair and those wings are pretty radical.
>>
>>25307385
Perfect worshiping material, if you ask me. Hell, I'd take her as a sovereign ruler and owner of my everything any day.
>>
>>25306598
OK that really is the worst thing Ive ever seen not coming out of pony creator.

So at least be happy that its not wearing glasses, armbands, a watch, a vest, shoes/boots/that goofy shit princesses wear, a sword, etc
>>
mammal mammaries
>>
stop being ded thred
>>
this thread and its users hate crackfics.
>>
>>25309535
we have a semblance of taste and class, yes. your point?
>>
File: imblyign.png (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
imblyign.png
55 KB, 500x500
>>25309598
>>
>>25306429

"Regular" titties are not horse titties, and thus look grotesque on ponies.
>>
>>25309598

One word.

Elitist.
>>
>>25309690
We have standards, so yes I suppose go.

Now go shit up one of the greentext threads. they're more your style and speed.
>>
>>25309710
Shitty standards.

You pompous posh poop.
>>
>>25309748
Okay then, therefore having shit grammar and dropping out in Sec. 3 is perfect, and if you don't agree then you are a dirty elitist.
>>
>>25309765
not everything has to be perfect, especially in fanfiction of all things.

You expect too much.
>>
>>25309782
Not everything has to be shit, especially in Fanfiction.

You have much to learn, Bleedin
>>
File: tiddies.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tiddies.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
I heard some of you wanted to bump with titties
>>
>>25309847
I'm not bleedin you piece of shit.
>>
>>25310531
Not that guy, but sure you aren't.
>>
>>25310531
You will be when I'm done with you.

^:)
>>
Any fics in the new stories section that isn't self-insert or show rewriting?
>>
You guys sure are obsessed with this bleedin guy. Every other post these past couple of threads are about him.
>>
>>25311658
Okay then, Bleedin.
>>
fuck man, I don't want to complain, but.

>Fimfiction

>Literally posting fiction, circlejerking, and/or competitions.

Can there be something else to spice things up? I miss when TWE still existed, those were fun days.

Now its just blah.
>>
>>25312527
>Circlejerking

But anon, that is the basic principle of us writefags.
>>
>>25312527
>hates circlejerking
>misses the TWE
the TWE were all callous, unhelpful circlejerkers
trust me, I was one of them
>>
Is there any defined rank system for the EUP? OR should I just put normal British ranks?
>>
Legitimate question: I'm starting a rough draft of my first multi-parter and I'm wondering how to tag the damn thing. If I include the human tag, then I wouldn't need to AU tag right? It seems kind of redundant to tag a Human fic with AU but after doing a quick survey, most human fics also carry the AU tag
>>
>>25313272
EUP?
>>25313303
There aren't any guidelines regarding what tags you should use. Use them at your own discretion.
>>
>>25313303
Unless it's pure, boring, canon EQG SoL, tag it as AU.

>>25313333
Bloody Earth, Unicorn, PEgasi, official name for the 'questrian army.

I'm not writing a war fic, just a small scene where Shining and Twily's dad talk about job perspectives in said EUP before Twilight fucks up a teleportation spell and gets to the Everfree Forest.
>>
>>25313368
If its not important to the story, you could probably use any somewhat well-known ranking system and most people won't care. The one's who do will never be satisfied unless you create an entire ranking system from scratch after carefully considering the history and sociology of Equestria and how to apply its parallel's to our world to develop a proper etymology for titles.
>>
>>25313394
*The ones who do

Dammit, almost caught all my errors.
>>
>>25313368
Use generic ranks/rates for soldiers/sailors/whatever. For the most part, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to the story, and even if the military was a big part, it'd be easier to rip off existing rank structures than to create a new one
>>
>>25313428
and by generic, I mean ranks that everyone can recognize. Don't use 'Sub-Lieutenant' or 'Warrant Officer Class 1' or 'Command Master Chief Petty Officer'
>>
>>25313368
Use historically accurate titles for the officers of the Swedish Caroleans under Charles XII, that you then translate directly into Nepalese, then into Korean, then Swahili, then back into Swedish, and then into Dutch and then phonetically transcribe it to simulate the fact that the EUP system evolved in another world.
>>
>>25313303
Obviously if there's humans you need [Human]. As for [AU], use it if you are ignoring/changing canon in a major way. If (nearly) everything up to the start of the story lines up with the show, then you don't need it.
>>
>>25313554
Hahaha... shit I'm definitely going to need AU then.
>>
>>25313661
but fuck, then I'll have a shit ton of tags
>>
>>25313436
>Generic
>No Warrant Officers

Are plebs that plebian?

Even the Air Cadet Squadron in my town knows what a Warrant Officer is.
>>
>>25313672
Just choose which ones you really need for your story. You don't need a [Sad][Gore][Dark][Comedy][AU][Adventure][Romance][Adult][Sex][Gore] story unless you're really, really autistic in what you write.
>>
>>25313696
I mean, it's possible. Here in the US, some of my midshipman peers have never even heard of WOs/CWOs due to there relative rarity
>>
>>25313800
their*
Did I seriously just make that fucking typo
>>25313729
Got it. I'll try not to be overly autistic
>>
Can someone who's up on Norsewords tell me what the prospects look like for RD actually making it to the dark side before the heat-death of the universe? I thought at first she'd spend 6 books getting to the edge and another 6 heading toward the center on the other side (it would fit with the AEIOUY-YUOIEA thing too), but obviously that didn't happen. Is she at least gonna make it by the end of book 8?
>>
I'm starting a fic, so if I put it on pastebin as a copypasta, can someone read it and give me any critiques of it so far?
>>
>>25314512
Gdoc, m80
>>
>>25314592
fuck, only have my personal google account. Let me make another then.
>>
>>25314603
do your worst guys
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PMj8i6cANcUaDd4Ek7Li0Y8vyDkGhWHjlLnoBpBiy0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>25313809
Don't try too hard. Remember, your target audience are autists too.
>>
>>25315140
Bleh, I'm not right now. Too tired, just finished with midterms last week. I'm probably going to work on it over the weekend, like putting in sincere effort into planning and writing
>>
File: Final Draft.png (514 KB, 796x336) Image search: [Google]
Final Draft.png
514 KB, 796x336
Threadly reminder that this is the face of entitlement in fimfic
>>
>>25305636
Trigger warnings for useless shit (contains language, rape, etc.) are terrible, since Fimfic already has a rating/tagging system in place for sorting stories and it spoils major events of the story.

Fetish warnings are different, though. Since the whole point of a clopfic is to get people to fap to it, it's important to inform the reader right up front what fetishes are in it so they know whether they should bother unzipping their pants or not.

>>25306598
Looks like a parody.

>what if I did a week where I try to make bad OCs look cool...? Ahahahahahaa.. hmmm...
Maybe not?

>>25309535
I like crackfics, but, like Pinkie, they're hard to write well.

>>25313272
They were mentioned once, everything about them's headcanon.

>British ranks
Why the British system, exactly? Any "real" ranks are nice for the sake of not confusing the reader, but do kind of lack some of the worldbuilding elements--especially since Equestria still has a "Captain of the Guard" rank.

>>25313303
>human tag
It's kind of obvious when to use the human tag.

>AU tag
That's usually reserved for "major diversions" from canon. Mirror universe, "villain wins," etc. Generally, if your story takes place post-show (after the most recent episode), it won't need the AU tag since by its very nature it won't follow canon. If it's a prequel to the show or the events take place during the show but alter things ratically, then it needs the AU tag.

>>25313368
>official name for the 'questrian army.
I thought it was the name of the "pre-Wonderbolt" military and not the current one?

>>25314647
I don't get it. Why are you using a cliche dystopian setting with humans? It seems pointless when you could have a much stronger plot within the realms of the setting.

Add more descriptions. Don't just call it a "classroom" or "small town." Actually give the reader an idea of what those look like. Not only does it help the reader, it can help you flesh things out.
>>
Any cute Luna fics?
>>
>>25316024
there are fics in which she isnt?
>>
>>25316528
Any fic in which she's in-character.
>>
>>25316537
fics in which she is in character exist?
>>
>>25316612
More recent ones, yes.
I mean, she didn't really have a personality until pretty recently.
>>
Anyone here reading this?
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/219950/red-shoe-diaries-equestria

Like the author, a major part of my formative years (the 90s, mostly) was the "Skin-emax" era of late-night movie channel softcore porn, and Red Shoe Diaries was a regular feature in those days, so this fic had some immediate appeal for me. It's a pretty cute format, and competently written. Chapter 8 rustled my jimmies something fierce, but otherwise it's a good read.

Yes the reader request for the latest chapter was mine, yes I'm a giant Sparityfag.
>>
>>25315830
>I thought it was the name of the "pre-Wonderbolt" military

From the wiki:

>Following Princess Luna's banishment to the moon, the E.U.P. (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus) Guard was formed to protect Princess Celestia and keep the peace. At the celebration of the first celestial year of peace, an elite team of aerial performers was chosen to help commemorate the occasion.
>>
Are writing sub-par descriptions okay for a short story/one-shot?

Stuff like omitting a sizeable exposition, shorter descriptions of the setting, &c. &c. &c.
>>
>>25316816
>E.U.P.

new headcanon time

big mac isnt really agreeable, he is in actuality a veteran.
hes not saying eeyup, hes bellowing EUP in that fucktarded way that marines and the like spout oorah whether it makes sense or not
>>
>>25314647
I normally assume TSG is full of shit, but in this case he's right. You really need some kind of justification for the Space Humans to go all "oppressive evil occupation" on the ponies. Maybe Evil Corp. wants to strip-mine their planet, and have sent in mercenaries to keep the locals in line? (Of course you'd have to change up a few things. Presumably Evil Corp doesn't care so much about the pledge, as long as the damn horses stay in their little horse villages and don't go near the mining sites.)
>>
>>25316843

Is writing sub-par anything ever okay?
>>
>>25317076
I'll justify it in a later chapter. I have a waypf doing it but the way I have in mind wouldn't work if I just stuck it into the exposition
>>
>>25317233
You should post the justification ITT so we can tell you if it's shit.

Also, you should realize people won't read far enough to see your justification if the first chapter looks like grimderp "all humans are bastards" for no reason.
>>
>>25317294
>You should post the justification ITT so we can tell you if it's shit.
or we could just assume its shit
>>
>>25313961
Uuhtan (The present book) doesn't have her as the MC because she's been captured, and is depressed after she had to seriously fuck up an ancient culture and Rarity and Twilight are being total bitches about it and acting like they know shit about shit after RD was the one who literally traveled six or seven continents.
I don't honestly think she'll really get to the dark side in this book, but when she ignites the six beacons and has resurected the main six plus whatever happens at the sixth beacon (The main theories are that either Discord will appear, the girls will regain physical forms, or RD's chaos infection will be cured) chances are that she will be able to.
>>
>>25318635
>Rarity and Twilight
wat

isnt the whole premise of Awbaefjola in part is them being dead?

was skirts being skirts and forget what the original fic was about?
>>
>>25318700
Oh fuck sorry I assumed you had gotten to Eljunbyro.
But they are back. In a way. I dun wana give more spoilers.
>>
>>25318716
Oh spoil away.

Theres two kinds of people when it comes to norsewords- folks that are just about current on it, and folks that have no interest in touching it.

Im not risking getting blueballed by skirts again.
Ive never read any of it, nor do I ever plan to.

I just knew the whole point of the tale was the elements killed everyone and spikebow dash during discords thing because thast something the elements of harmony should be able to do, and shes been flying in some arbitrary direction for a couple million words
>>
>>25318780
Okay.
In her flashback, Rainbow remembers that lights came from the elements and entered hers. Aparently this had, besides the energy of the elements, the soul of the bearers. Now every time Rainbow touches a ruby beacon another of the main six comes out as a ghost that only she can perceive.
The thing is that each can detect something diferent-- Twilight magic, Rarity metalic alloys, Pinkie the future, and Fluttershy ponies. With five ponies assisting her with extended perception, her chances of surviving in the dark side are much higher. Not to mention whatever happens when she touches another beacon after having brought back everyone.
>>
>>25318716
>Oh fuck sorry I assumed you had gotten to Eljunbyro.
>>25313961 here, I am actually at chapter 150 of Ynanhluutr (RD just acquired Ghost Ponk). I was just curious what I have to look forward to, given she's obviously not gonna make the edge by the end of Y2.
>>
>>25318979
What the fuck, do spoiler tags not work inside of parentheses?

(test) <- tags outside parens
(test) <- tags inside parens
( test ) <- tags inside parens with spaces in between
>>
File: screenshot.271.png (6 KB, 952x63) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.271.png
6 KB, 952x63
>>25318979
I don't think she will, right now she is a prisioner of a incredibly edgy villain who likes to say "Poop" every two phrases, has a wing dissabled, is being bitched at by two of her friends, Ponka seems to have banished (I am guessing she is depressed in the vanilla zone) and Fluttershy is being as useful as a bag of bricks.
I don't think she'll get there before midway through the next book.
Also, Skirt's devolving ability to write good villains is fascinating. Background Pony's was a good villain, Shell was a good villain, Axan was a good villain, but now his villains... pic related should be enough.
>>
>>25318991
spoilers been acting weird for me lately in various useage too
>>
>>25319018
>that screencap

Dear god thats shit. people willingly read this?
>>
>>25317135
I dunno, maybe that spending 2000 words of a 3500 SoL horsefic on descriptions doesn't sound too good.

And by sub-par, I don't mean worse, just shorter descriptions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsdwNrtabh4&feature=youtu.be
But I AM Evil! by TheNextGamer chapter 3
eh...
>>
What do you think of this story?

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/118939/a-mothers-love
>>
>>25319998

The shorter your story, the more important each individual word is. "Sub-par" writing is much more tolerable in long works than in short stories, as a novel that has a stretch of 2000 words where nothing happens has a shitty chapter, while a short story with a stretch 2000 words where nothing happens is a shitty story, period.

The length of your descriptions has nothing to do with their quality. Write good descriptions of whatever length you require to make them "good." Even if a description-heavy story is the result, that's infinitely preferable to a description-light story where said descriptions are shit.
>>
Does an equivalent grade to Highschool 3-4 seem good for Twalot to try teleportation for the first time and subsequently fuck up?

Considering that's a time where they begin talking about job perspectives in school, I thought it would be fitting for my fic, where the average student couldn't achieve such a feat but Twilight's dad and brother put up a bet that she can.
>>
>>25322126
Seems okay to me. There's basically no canon info on any of this so you can kind of do whatever.
>>
>>25319964
>basing you entire opinion on a long series of fics based on one screenshot of a single character saying a single thing
>>
>>25322126
I think she was way younger. Celestia's school seems more like an elementary school for particularly gifted unicorns. Also, we've never heard her or anyone else mention any school other than the magic kindergarten, Ponyville school and Celestia's school.
>>
>>25322799
Then maybe putting the gifted school as a kind of elite elementary school, kind of like the International Baccalaureate program, and then putting Twalot in something like Canterlot High?

I dunno, lab experiences seem a bit advanced for normal elementary plebs.
>>
>>25322799
>Celestia's school seems more like an elementary school for particularly gifted unicorns.
Elementary seems a little young. I would guess cutie mark age to be no younger than 10-11. Plus AJ, who is around the same age, was old enough to go to/from Manehattan on her own. I can't see anyone letting a 6 year old do that, even in Happy Horse Land.
>>
>>25322936
They're not normal elementary plebs, they're elementary ponies.
>>
>>25322948
>Plus AJ, who is around the same age, was old enough to go to/from Manehattan on her own.
I fucking hate this shitty argument, she could've just gotten a train ride with a ticket bought by Granny Smith. The scene of her walking could have been her walking ahead of her aunt and uncle. Stop treating it like proof for anything.
>>
>>25322982
Even then, I wouldn't be eager to let a 6 year old go to the other end of the continent by him/herself, even in a train.
>>
>>25323130
>continent
It looks smaller than Australia.

If you really wouldn't let your kid alone on the train to be picked up by her aunt and uncle at the train station, you'd be an overprotective parent.
>>
>>25323161
The trip is what matters, not the destination.
>>
>>25323166
Yes, I'm sure she'll get raped and murdered in this secure hiding spot, far away from anyone else, by a bright and colorful criminal pony.
>>
>>25323208
Yes, I'm sure she has no chance of getting lost whatsoever by going through at least a few hours of train, then stepping into what is one of the country/continent's biggest cities.
>>
>>25323219
>getting lost whatsoever by going through at least a few hours of train,
Are you implying you can get lost on a train?

>then stepping into what is one of the country/continent's biggest cities.
>>25323161
>to be picked up by her aunt and uncle at the train station
>>
>>25323241
>>to be picked up by her aunt and uncle at the train station

dyewts
>>
>>25323297
>>25322982
>walking ahead of her aunt and uncle
dyertp
>>
File: applejack.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
applejack.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>25322982
Your argument is invalid
>>
>>25323318
See >>25323337
>>
>>25323337
>>25323361
Are you two simply pretending?
My argument is, they picked her up at the train station in Manehattan.
Ponyville is a small village and she's lived there her entire life, I'm pretty sure she can get to the train.

Another argument: it's Equestria, not Earth, and you're dumb for treating it like it is.
>>
>>25323318
>>25323361
Dammit, didn't see the entirety of the webm.

>>25323371

See

Àhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTqQiFCWlU
>>
>>25323371
>Ponyville is a small village and she's lived there her entire life, I'm pretty sure she can get to the train.

The problem isn't the train m8, it's Manehattan. Would you send a 6 year old to New York and leave him to find an adress on his own?
>>
>>25323377
Evidence accepted.
It looks like she's just going straight ahead, so it could have simply been a very short walk.

>>25323397
It's not fucking Earth.
>>
>>25323410
It's not fucking paradise where no one can get lost either.

And I doubt they would put a train station right in the middle of a residential area, the video clearly shows her not being even near one in the start. Plus, she also walked to see several landmark from the city that are probably located in the downtown, where buildings are much taller than the Oranges' apartment.
>>
>>25323436
But it's a fucking paradise where ponies are helpful and would at least point the way to a little filly.
>>
>>25323483
Oh. You're one of those people.
>>
>>25323528
Nice argument.
I don't see why edgelords like you like to think Equestria is literally Earth with ponies, but less pleasant.
Anyway, I just wanted to watch some videos, so since you're clearly done, please don't start posting petty insults.
>>
>>25323547
Don't see how a society acting like a society makes me edgy.
>>
>>25323566
Because you assume ponies, who are nicer than humans, are somehow worse than real life humans.
I've met my fair share of shitty people, but still, most people aren't as bad as you people like to believe.
>>
>>25323483
Okay, let's take New York. Eight million New-Yorkers, more people than in the entire province of Quebec. Of course, someone's going to come up with "muh smaller city" arguments, so let's scale it down to one million.

Let's say then that AJ knows which borough her aunt and unce live in. Let's say Manehattan has ten boroughs, bringing us to 10 000 per borough.

Out of those 10 000, let's suppose a thousand have heard about the Orange family, and half of those know where they live. That's 500/10 000, which gives us 5 percent of the ponies living in that borough knowing where the Oranges live.

Now, put that to the scale of a six year old, who probably doesn't know where the nearest police station is. She does not have a map. Out of each hundred ponies she would ask, five would know where she has to go, if she even asks a hundred.

How's that for a paradise?
>>
>>25323585
Actually different Anon since
>>25323528
And I'm not enough of a social reject to think everyone's an asshole. And I'm not really assuming anything, I just don't like the idea of "perfect paradise who does no wrong!"
>>
>>25323611
>Now, put that to the scale of a six year old, who probably doesn't know where the nearest police station is. She does not have a map.
How do you know that?
How do you know she doesn't know her address?
>>
>>25323585
>I've met my fair share of shitty people, but still, most people aren't as bad as you people like to believe.

Yet we see several Manehatten pones shit on a 6 years old for walking on the street.
>>
>>25323614
Thank God nobody cares what you don't like.
just kidding, I don't like it either, but they're certainly nicer than humans

>>25323636
Literally one asshole out of all the ponies she walks past.
>>
>>25323628
>How do you know that?

She never opened her bag to look for a map, and most of it seems to be occupied by her parent's picture. That's assuming a six year old knows how to read a map perfectly. There's not "Police Station" written loud and clear on every single map.
>>
>>25323682
>She never opened her bag to look for a map
We only see a few seconds of her journey and a few cutouts of the things she's seen,

>by her parent's picture
dyewts

>most of it seems to be occupied by her parent's picture
No, that's just the only thing that's sticking out.

>That's assuming a six year old knows how to read a map perfectly.
It really isn't hard at all, and who knows what she's learned.

>There's not "Police Station" written loud and clear on every single map.
She can ask someone.
>>
>>25323585
This. Even being relatively antisocial, 90% of the time if I have a problem someone will at least offer some token help, even people I don't know.
Don't base your opinion of people in /v/ and /b/.
>>
File: uLb6mTV.png (128 KB, 640x605) Image search: [Google]
uLb6mTV.png
128 KB, 640x605
A reminder
>>
>>25323905
>implying alfred doesn't pump the tires
>>
>>25323905
Kids don't create entire alternate universes based on a show about talking horses ( but you may assume they do based on Fimfic's content's quality), but give an adult that and it's gonna sperg out entirely over it and spend over 200 post debating over those issues.

>>25323717
That's true, but those things being based on "someone could" just don't make me feel that Granny would think i'd be a safe thing to do for a six-year old. Sure, someone could tell her, but I doubt any parent who is just a bit protective would want to send their child on a trip based on assumptions, no matter how solid those may be.
>>
>>25323905
>implying all of this hasn't already been explained in multiple comic books
>>
One-shot about young AJ on the road, meeting her dog and adopting her, mainly focused on dialogues above all.

Would you guys read it?
>>
>>25323682

She's freakin' Applejack. Even at six she can handle herself.
>>
>>25323993
Did you, never run your own adventures based in your favorite shows as a kid with your friends?

You never ran around pretending to be a power ranger? You never tried to understand how the morphing grid worked?

Fuck man... as a kid I did all that shit. Grant Morrison's a faggot.
>>
>>25325550
>tfw I did this with harry potter, star wars, world of warcraft and runescape as a kid
>tfw I still do this, just with different pieces of media

oh, so as a kid it was cute, but now as an adult, apparently I'm "dangerously autistic"? Thanks for nothing, society.
>>
>>25324768
Or you know, she's older than that at an age where most kids can handle themselves?
>>
>>25324732
>SoL
I wouldn't.
>>
>>25326516
>tfw I used to touch women's boobs and make sexual comments about their bodies
>tfw I still do this

oh, so as a kid it was cute, but now as an adult, apparently I'm a "dangerous rapist"? Thanks for nothing, society.
>>
>>25327642
Older than 14 then?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPgaaPxps08
>Christmas song
>they're actually singing about Christmas
Are the writers genuinely mentally retarded? Holy fuck.
>>
>>25328026
>writers
Are you implying that any of the show writers had anything to do with this?
Because I'll be damn surprised if any outside McCunty do.
>>
>>25328026
shit like that is just another marketing scheme, the people who set it up dont give a fuck about hearthswarming or putting story based work into it. Hell they didn't even care enough to update a vector.
>>
>>25328026
>Are the writers genuinely mentally retarded?

The thing stinks marketing all over it. The show has kind of gone that way a while ago, as Hasjew finally realized the autistic fandom was ready to empty credit cards to buy their shit toys.

And most of it still does.
>>
>>25328026
>Christmas songs
>jesus is canon
>celestia/luna denied deity status
>>
words of a horsely persuasion
>>
Hotel Oscar Romeo Sierra Echo
Whiskey Oscar Romeo Delta Sierra
>>
What irks you the most at a personal level?
For me it's "Worldbuilding" composed entirely of horsepuns.
>>
>>25297883

I need new stories that feature either crossdressing or futa on male. The obvious groups don't have much.
>>
>>25331025
CoD/Halo fanboys writing fics glorifying war and edgelords writing "OHMYGODSOMUCHINOSENSLOSTOMGWARISHELLSOMUCHVIOLENCEMUHPTSD" war fics.
>>
>>25331025

anthro or humans.

It's My Little PONY for fuck's sake. If you aren't writing quadrupeds, find some other fandom.
>>
>>25331345
I think there's a crossdressing general on /mlp/.
>>
>>25331025
Ignoring Spike.
Pinkie/Rarity being sluts.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.