[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone else noticed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: e.png (526 KB, 596x696) Image search: [Google]
e.png
526 KB, 596x696
in the old seasons, the ponies' eyes always stayed full, the irises rarely went tiny, and the show kept its "Cute" factor. even when surprised, ponies normally had their full irises.
but after season 2, and especially in season 5 now, they're almost ALWAYS small irises, even when neutral. it gives them an odd feeling. i've been looking into it for awhile and i've concluded that this is what's made me dislike the newer seasons quite a bit... sure, this may be a sign of the animation getting "better", but it's honestly offputting.
>>
>>25085229
Seriously?

Fuck you all. Fuck you, no double fuck you. So the stories have improved, the music, the characters, the villains...and you are here complaining about eyes going tiny.
>>
>>25085252
none of those things are true thou
>>
>>25085229
The eyes growing tiny during certain expressions helps convey more emotion. It's far more expressive.

You should probably just quit watching the show, as the animation is going to get more expressive and zanier as the team continues to explore fun new things to do with the character's faces.
>>
>>25085252
Fucking this
>>
You don't really have a life outside of MLP and girly animu, don'tcha OP?
>>
>>25085229
They look better tbh
>>
>>25085252
Calm down, Anon. No need to lie.
>>
>>25085392
> S1 was better than all the other season meme
Yeah right, because Nightmare Moon was such a good villain right?
Because episodes like:
The entire pilot
Feeling Pinkie Pie Keen
Stare Master
Over a barrel
A bird in the hoof
Owl's that ends well

Were such amazing episodes right? I loved how dumb Pinkie was in "over a barrel" and I love how Fluttershy is afraid of her own shadow in Dragonshy.
>>
File: Fluttershy_gasp_S01E01.png (407 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershy_gasp_S01E01.png
407 KB, 1280x720
>>25085229

Bullshit.

Here's a startled Flutters from the very first episode.

Their eyes have always done that.

Especially Flutters who startles easily.
>>
>>25085445
>I disliked it, therefore it sucks
Apart from most episodes you named not being bad at all, you can do the same shit with s2+. Wow, MMDW and SAYS! Such good episodes! MMC really upped the quality!

>I loved how dumb Pinkie was in "over a barrel"
Are you seriously complaining about Pinkie being to over the top in s1? That's when she was bearable. In s2+ she became WAY worse and way more randumb. Especially looking at shit like FV here, here she assaulted Fluttershy to the point of tears several times after being extremely protective of her in the past (see GTBO).

>how Fluttershy is afraid of her own shadow in Dragonshy.
Apart from this just being a short joke, how is she any different in later seasons? Scare Master is 75% of her being much worse.
>>
>>25085447
>>25085229
/thread. 4/10 bait, needs improvement
>>
>>25085229
This is definitely a step backward. We have the disadvantage that the animators working on this show are uninspired talentless hacks.
>>
>>25085445
Season 1 sucked.
>>
>>25085771
It didn't suck, But it wasn't as good as some say it was.
>>
>>25085229
>>25085229
Do you literally have autism?
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>25085445
Litearlly all of those save OTEW and FPPK were fine

You must be some retrospective faggot who goes back and rejudges all the episodes
>>
>>25085252
>So the stories have improved, the music, the characters, the villains
the only thing you forgot, is that the quality of the concept is declining.
see, the simpsons.
>>
>>25085252
>stories have improved
Debatable. I feel the overarch of wanting to go to a cute pony dance was more entertaining than OH LOOK RAINBOW COLORS TIE IN OH SHIT DBZ EXPLOSIONS

>the music
I'll give you that.

>the characters
In many instances they feel more like cardboard cutouts of what they were. See: Pinkie Pie. She had a point sometimes. Now it's just LOLRANDOM

>the villains
All the villains are generic as fuck and really poorly done, and no one wants to admit it. The only one who is pretty decent is Starlight Glimmer, and she'll be ruined in the finale. Just wait.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.