[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLP is back in Japan, faggots. ....as Equestria Girls. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: EQG1_netflix.jpg (77 KB, 892x380) Image search: [Google]
EQG1_netflix.jpg
77 KB, 892x380
MLP is back in Japan, faggots.

....as Equestria Girls.

The first EG movie got released on Japanese Netflicks last week and Rainbow Rocks (retitled "Rainbow Adventures") just got released today. Dunno if they're gonna dub Friendship Games.

Yes, they got the entire cast from the TV series to reprise their parts.

No, haven't heard anything about season 3 and onward getting dubbed. Maybe if the movies do well?

Equestria Girls is kind of a weird place to pick back up, though, seeing as how the Japanese dub of the series never made it to Princess Twilight, so the whole prologue won't make any sense for them.
>>
>>25051705
We chinese cartoons now
>>
The slowest of pokes
>>
File: EQG1_netflix4.jpg (89 KB, 936x526) Image search: [Google]
EQG1_netflix4.jpg
89 KB, 936x526
>>25051705

They don't dub the songs, but have subtitles.

Which is expected, I guess, since this Straight-to-Netflix deal is much more low-key than the TV broadcast.
>>
>>25051705
I kind of want to watch it now in Japanese then watch it again but with English subtitles
>>
>>25051705
I think people who plan on seeing this are watching fansubs anyway. Hasbro is literally doing to the Japanese what the anime industry has done to the west for decades.

>>25051725
Welcome to the rice fields.
>>
File: EQG1_netflix2.jpg (38 KB, 865x505) Image search: [Google]
EQG1_netflix2.jpg
38 KB, 865x505
>>25051741

Bushiroad is not involved in these, so there probably won't be any merchandising, either.
>>
>>25051705

I don't watch anime (cuz it sucks), but tell me if you recognize any of these actresses they've cast for the new roles:

>Sunset Shimmer: Ami Koshimizu
>Flash Sentry: Kenji Nojima
>Adagio Dazzle: Yuu Shimamura
>Aria Blaze: Ayahi Takagaki (also the voice of Cadence in the TV series)
>Sonata Dusk: Megumi Han
>>
At least it won't be edited to shit for time like the TV series was.
>>
>>25051705
You think the japanese fans are aware of all the EQG nude edits yet?
>>
>>25051705
Wait, hold up, didn't Japan have a strict policy on having students wear uniforms in school in cartoons airing over there? Or was that just for anime?
>>
>>25052873
No, I think it's just because that's the social norm, I doubt there's a strict rule for it
>>
>>25051741

For some reason they actually dubbed the Snips and Snails rap in the Rainbow Rocks movie.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.