[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tfh/ - Them's Fightin' Herds General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
#10 Stream with Faust is live Edition

Elder Thread: >>25002020
This general is dedicated to the discussion of "Them's Fightin' Herds", the 2D PC fighting game with animals in an universe designed by Lauren Faust. It is the spiritual successor to “Fighting is Magic”, with improved gameplay mechanics and graphics, an entirely new dynamic music system, a graphic lobby, and a whole bunch of new features.

>Announcements
Twitch stream is live. Lauren is in the house.
http://www.mane6.com/2015/10/book-of-lore-chapter-2-the-future-belongs-to-the-young/
More lore inbound
>Links
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zCdkDdEW
>>
File: stramlink.png (18 KB, 500x77) Image search: [Google]
stramlink.png
18 KB, 500x77
Link to stream
>>
>>25018856
Lauren loves hairy feet confirmed.
>>
>>25018856
it's not going to make it
>>
11 days until the game is funded, boys.
>>
>>25019044
Sad to say, they ain't makin' 168k in 11 days dude.
>>
>>25019104
It could happen, if they get a ridiculous amount of money in a single donation.
>>
>>25019173
>it could happen, if only deus ex machina
>>
>>25019184
It's possible.

Highly unlikely, but possible.
>>
>>25019104
Even if the funding doesn't succeed this time, I'm sure they'll find another way to get the game done. They've gone through so much shit, I doubt they'll give up now.

Their campaign was just poorly planned this time. It was a huge mistake for their momentum to leave fans without any information whatsoever for months, then ask them to donate to that one cause so they can get the skullgirls engine, then wait for many months again, and then start the actual donation campaign.

All that aside, we're talking about the brony fandom here. It's known for throwing ridiculous amounts of money at even the biggest bullshit. Don't lose hope.
>>
>>25019201
I want to believe, but reality is a harsh mistress.
>>
stram over
damn
>>
>>25019208
Yeah, I completely agree with what you're saying here. They need to have organized and publicized it better.
>>
>>25019254
What if the team were to promise the skull girls team that they can use their engine if they were to make the goal? Do you think the skull girls crowd would then fund it?
>>
>Tfw blown right the fuck off the board for the entire day

Threadly reminder that we belong on /vg/
>>
File: 1434577329576.png (457 KB, 581x841) Image search: [Google]
1434577329576.png
457 KB, 581x841
>>25019817
>make thread on /vg/
>have 300 posts dedicated to PONIES REEEEE and another 100 on jack shit
>become absorbed into /fgg/
>even more shit

good idea ol' chap, let's do it my boy
>>
>>25019817
It was a special day on /mlp/ with the show celebrating its 5th birthday and a new episode that brought huge changes in the show with it, so the board was unusually fast today, killing slow threads quickly. I doubt it'll happen again anytime soon.
>>
File: Mischief Apparent.jpg (109 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
Mischief Apparent.jpg
109 KB, 800x505
>Mfw Discord was supposed to be a Longma
>>
Goddamn, today was a shitshow.
>>
>>25020962
Glad I skipped it
>>
>>25018856
That ripped off logo, the lack of serious original fighting mechanisms, and showing off their 'dynamic music system' all tell me this is one of those times when the colorful dreams of the designers overshadows their design integrity. It worries me sometimes. They just don't seem very solid outside the imagery.
>>
>>25018856

I lost the stream.

I lost something new?
>>
>>25021359
You should help them get funded then share with them *your* ideas for original fighting mechanisms, they're open to all the help they can get.
>>
File: 1439421560862.gif (2 MB, 449x290) Image search: [Google]
1439421560862.gif
2 MB, 449x290
Oh fuck I completely forgot about the stream.

Was it recorded or did I miss my one shot?
>>
>>25021817
I'm sure it'll be uploaded on Youtube later on. It was quite entertaining Lauren went into more details about the lore and some of the characters back story.
>>
>>25021419
I'm broke, but hell, I do game design work so i could probably do something. My worry isn't just that though. It's the hope that they don't focus so much on their own hype that they don't make an ultimately broken down experience.
>>
>>25021817
It's available in the twitch archives at the moment though it's cut into a bunch of chunks and a small pain in the ass to navigate.

Here's the first part:
>http://www.twitch dot tv/manesix/v/20105189

They should be uploading it to youtube at some point if you'd rather wait for that.
>>
File: 'zona.jpg (54 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
'zona.jpg
54 KB, 576x576
>>25022006
>Lauren went into more details about the lore and some of the characters back story.
Tell me... does it sound good, quality-wise? Not just a ripoff of show lore but something on its own.
>>
>>25022053
It has nothing to do with mlp whatsoever
>>
>>25022059
>nothing to do with mlp

HAH.
>>
>>25022059
I know, but as far as indie game plots go does it sound like the story would be interesting and not just shoehorned into to he game that explains why these guys are fighting?
>>
>>25022079
Yeah, Lauren sounded hype for being able to tell better and more mature stories than she could in a children's animated series.
>>
>>25018856

I had every intention of playing Fighting is Magic, but this game looks like shit.

They should have given up after Fighting is Magic.
>>
File: hwat.gif (116 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
hwat.gif
116 KB, 660x660
>>25022103
I don't want to blaspheme against the board but that sounds like it'd be better than MLP if Mom's at the helm and she doesn't get canned after a year.
>>
>>25022136
Fighting is magic is objective garbage compared to even the early stages of what they have now.
>>
>>25022179

Maybe you are right
>>
>>25022154
This. In Lauren we trust.
>>
any info on PP's fighting style?
>>
File: 1432178381831.jpg (87 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
1432178381831.jpg
87 KB, 490x700
>ITT
>>
>>25022053
>Not just a ripoff of show lore but something on its own.
So far it's completely her own original idea with no traces of ponies unless you count the whole Orleander teaching her demonic book the power of friendship while the book wanting her dead.
But still the way Lauren talks about the story she had came up with is a lot darker and mature than what I was expecting.
>>25022059
Top fucking kek.
>>25022256
He is.
>>
>>25022059

>It has nothing to do with MLp
>But we want the MLP audience and its money

So, this is Fiilly Funtasia the videogame then?
>>
>>25022801
No, it's "Them's Fightin' Herds", the 2D PC fighting game with animals in an universe designed by Lauren Faust.
>>
File: 1444090601151.jpg (66 KB, 832x864) Image search: [Google]
1444090601151.jpg
66 KB, 832x864
>>25022851

Made by a new company that called itself "Mane6" and that advertises heavily on MLP related websites.
With characterdesign just so far nonpony that there cant be a lawsuit.

But hey if it isnt MLP related at all, you should petition to get the TFH stuff off of Derpibooru, and this thread into /vg/
>>
>>25022949
Just try to make a TFH thread on /v/ or /vg/ and not have it devolve into a shitpost fest.

I dare you.
>>
It's not pony.
>>
File: 1433888429705.gif (193 KB, 727x727) Image search: [Google]
1433888429705.gif
193 KB, 727x727
>>25022977

But why? As you said:
>No, it's "Them's Fightin' Herds", the 2D PC fighting game with animals in an universe designed by Lauren Faust.

I dont see why /v/ or /vg/ would be annoyed by that. They like cartoons, and at least /vg/ seems to like videogames.

Can you explain to me why those boards would dislike a brandew franchise with no bonds to anything whatsoever?
>>
>>25022851
And because Lauren Faust was on it it's shilled nonstop not by actual videogame sites, but pony sites like EQG, derpibooru and /mlp/. Nice.
>>
>>25012284
>>
>>25023085
That's about the extent of it, and it's rather unfortunate, because it turns away much of the FGC and other folks who can't into the horrendous shit-show that the "Pony" fandom has become.
>>
>>25023081
First of all, I'm not that guy.

Second of all, Barneyfag.

Third, pretty much any board short of /s4s/ hates pony with a passion.
>>
File: large.png (600 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
600 KB, 1024x1024
>>25023085
>derpibooru
It's nice that they let us stash our lewds there.
>>
>>25023081
because it has the stink of pony. Mane 6 even wrote this game is a spiritual successor to Fighting is Magic.
>>
>>25023144

The shitshow paying most of this project right now you mean.

But hey, if you dont want those autistic ponyfaggot horsefuckers, you should anounce so on tumblr and similar
>>
>>25023226

Yeah, you should try to get rid of that stink and its toxic fanbase.

Anounce it free and proud on all the places, that horsefuckers should get away from it, demand that the pics shouldnt be on Derpibooru anymmore as that association is just poison for the project. Free youserlf from the shackles of bronydom.
Make sure no fan of MLP goes near this game.
>>
>>25023260
then it won't be funded. sad to say, if it weren't for the fandom, the game be has close as it is now to being funded. Fighting games outside the mainstream tend to be niche.
>>
>>25023307

Well thats all i wanted to hear, thanks.

I really like the concept, but I have been kept from paying into it yet because people in these threads are smug faggots who will ride the coattail of the fandom and at the same time will shit all over it. a Bit humility goes a long way, you know.
>>
Mane 6 and Lauren Faust are too low energy. There's no sense of urgency in terms of funding. Lauren should be busting her ass doing interviews with every brony podcast and news site to raise funds. Just like a American politician does to raise money.

There's just this blase attitude about these guys I don't like. I donated $15 but I'm not going higher based on what I'm seeing. They need to demonstrate that they have a sense of urgency about this and that it would be a life dream come true if this was funded and they could work full-time on this.

They need to stop talking about the technical stuff in the livestream and talk about their NARRATIVE, why they made Fighting is Magic, how the C&D happened and how Lauren got involved. I know you can find that stuff if you google it enough but I want to hear it from THEM.
>>
>>25023458

-continued

I'm sorry to say this but this is exactly why you dont see that many women in various leadership positions or you dont see them starting companies like Facebook.

If a extremely driven alpha male was in Lauren's postion they'd do anything including giving every brony a blowjob for $100 bucks to ensure this got funding and the stretch goals. I just find it ironic that the woman who quit because of Hasbro interference is so fucking casual about this. What a amazing fucking opportunity to create a FRANCHISE, not just a game but a FRANCHISE that you would have a huge amount of control over, tv series, merchandise, shirts, and she's so casual about it.

I know she's retweeted fanart and done today's livestream so credit her for that but ugh. She's so frustrating sometimes. And I know she's doing Medusa but she's should be working harder on promoting TFH.

Newsflash Lauren: You are a celebrity. Bronies have a emotional connection to you. Milk that. Do a personal plea on Youtube, beg if you have to. This is your baby.
>>
>>25023544

The autism is real
>>
File: nerp.jpg (47 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
nerp.jpg
47 KB, 500x485
>>25023544
>>25023458
>>
File: She's right you know..png (232 KB, 446x443) Image search: [Google]
She's right you know..png
232 KB, 446x443
I'll admit they could've done a lot better with advertising the game than rather have the brony fandom do it themselves. Besides EQD, 4chan, and Steam greenlight I've seen literally no talk about this game. I would love to see this project succeed and then some but all I can do is hope that the last minute pledge boost will fund the game.
>>
>>25023544
Huh, I mean I ain't a sjw but that turned awkward real quick.
>>
>>25023596
Seriously.

>>25023544
Bro, you mean well, that's cool, but first, you're being so sexist, I think I grew a vagina. People's sex has no effect on their attitude. Their upbringing and social exposure, specifically their role models and feedback on their behaviour has everything to do with their attitude. I could go into it more, but I'm just gonna tell you to do your research and leave it at that because it's late and I don't wanna.
Nextly, she can't put everything she has into this because she has a life and this is essentially a hobby for her. I don't know what she's working on, but she's been in children's television for a long while. She chose to do this because she saw something she liked in Mane6. If it gets funded, then yeah, she said in the stream it would be awesome to continue. Make comics, cartoons, whatever, she would love that. But it's a pipe dream at the moment. If it doesn't get funded, they'll have to take it slower. They've already said they're not going to quit, it's just going to take longer. She's going to keep helping them for the foreseeable future, but she's not going to go around: "...giving every brony a blowjob for $100 bucks to ensure this got funding and the stretch goals."
They are already milking the brony fandom for everything they possibly can, but enough people don't like it because it doesn't have ponies, and if there's no audience, there's just no audience. She really has no control over that. I don't think people would respond to begging and pleading very well, especially from someone they look up to. There are, of course, those people who like it, but it's poor form to try and get by on your cushion of fame, and can really blow up in your face. I think she's doing a fine job. She's helping out Mane6 where she can, retweeting things about the game so those who follow her as a celebrity can keep up with something she believes in, but she's not pushing anyone to donate. I'm hopeful, but we can only wait and see.
>>
File: tiny faust.jpg (24 KB, 300x344) Image search: [Google]
tiny faust.jpg
24 KB, 300x344
STAY IN ONE THREAD
>>
>>25019026
>>25019044
>>25019104
Weeeeellllll, they're ~2/3rds of the way through the time window.

They're ~2/3rds of the way to their goal.

But typically these things have a strong opening when all the eager fans dig in. And a strong ending when people push for stretch goals or throw in more money to make it happen...

>>25019173
Yeah... the problem with that is A WHOLE SHITTON of the high-end prizes have already been claimed.

4 people paid $5,000, that's $20,000 just for the highest tier alone. That's about as equal to ALL the $15 purchases.

There's only 2 of those left.

The people who really want this shit to fly have already pushed. They'd need some big whales throwing around mercy. Which... hey, could happen.
>>
They need to do a shit ton of advertising this week. Lauren Reddit AMA, More articles, more streams, pay some streamer to play the game, Bring the game to Xanadu and have VGBC stream it.
>>
>I would love to see this game reach it goal
>just got paid a few days ago
>all of the money going towards bills
>I'm broke again
Why do they give us such short time to fund the game?
>>
>>25024610
i never understood the need for a time frame when it comes to kickstarters.
>>
I want to ante up, but I haven't been able to contact a bunch of websites since the flooding last week, from anything Microsoft-related to my email to indiegogo.
>>
File: costanza.png (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
costanza.png
27 KB, 200x200
>>25024610
Check out this poorfag.
>>
>>25025054
I wouldn't even be in this damn situation if my friends and family would actually make the fucking attempt to pay me back.
Yes I'm mad
>>
So, my "frog wearing a blue shirt and brown pants" OC got rejected because OC sprites aren't given clothes separate from the accessories, and I only get one custom accessory. So, what would be the most memetastic OC I could do? I'm thinking maybe a yellow hedgehog with black stripes.
>>
I'm thinking they should get a couple of team members to pull a 24 hour development stream or something on the last day. I wrote out an excessive explanation as to why, but just trust me in saying it can't hurt their chances.
>>
File: tumblr_nv2z99YKvo1snnw5zo1_1280.png (621 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv2z99YKvo1snnw5zo1_1280.png
621 KB, 1280x896
>>25025546
They really just need to appeal to the mainstream somehow.

Most people here keep up with the game and have played FiM so they do know the game is great fun and also keep up with the rather promising backstory Lauren's cooking up.
These people are the reason the kickstarter is seeing a steady stream of cash hourly.

However, for an outsider, the game is just some small-time fighting game which will have 6 characters and has 2 working ones and an unfinished stage to show it off.
How to communicate that to them is rather hard to figure out even for myself, honestly.

The fact they're shying away from mentioning FiM at every step is kind of biting them in the ass, I think.
>>
File: shutterstock_93803461.jpg (117 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_93803461.jpg
117 KB, 500x289
How do you feel about the budding fandom being completely undocumented now that archive.moe is dead?
>>
>>25025828
There's always archive.horse
>>
>>25025828
>not knowing about the new archiver
>>
>>25025127
>lending money to friends and family

Well, that's your first problem right there.
>>
>>25025197
Here's a crazy idea - you don't actually have to go out of your way to make a terrible looking OC. It's not funny. It's just embarassing.

It's like people who post rage faces on facebook, you can claim you're just being ironic all day long, whatever your intention it's the exact same kind of retarded at the end of the day
>>
I couldn't see the stream live. Did anyone keep note on how many viewers there were? Roughly?

I noticed EQD couldn't be assed to make another "stream starts shortly" post, plus SoCal regionals were on (top32 of USF4 even, arguably one of the worst time slots you could possibly choose to showcase your indie fighting game) meanwhile it had fucking lauren faust in it which gets pony fans wet like crazy, so I'm pretty curious how many people turned in all in all?
>>
showed 540ish for me.
>>
>>25026218
Not enough
>>
File: martin.png (10 KB, 670x131) Image search: [Google]
martin.png
10 KB, 670x131
hory shiiiit
>>
File: deer.jpg (64 KB, 770x682) Image search: [Google]
deer.jpg
64 KB, 770x682
>>25026270
Bless his generous soul!
>>
>>25025693
>the game is just some small-time fighting game which will have 6 characters and has 2 working ones and an unfinished stage to show it off.
This is my opinion, and technically, I'm part of the target audience.
>>
>>25025693
W-where's the Lizard?
>>
>>25026218
Just under 600 is the figure I remember seeing.

Keeep in mind the stream had some issues so the number is only semi-accurate, though I doubt there'd be more than 1k.
>>
>>25026443
I believe the picture was draw before tianhuo was revealed. For whatever reason She was added slightly after the campaign started.
>>
>>25023219
Holy mother of sauce!
>>
It shows the state of the economy that the funding for this is so sluggish. Thanks Obama.
>>
>>25026218
I think I saw about 600 at peak. Yeah, it was pretty poor timing, but on the other hand they'll have it up on youtube soon so people will see it one way or another.
>>
>>25024103
It looking like a flash game from the late 00's doesn't help it. From a neutral standpoint, this game probably looks very uninteresting.
>>
>>25026566
It's hard to ask for half a million for a startup company.
Look at all the successful projects.
They're always advertising their past efforts front and center.

These guys aren't no-names but how could a normal backer even know that?
>>
>>25027186
One of the first things it mentions in the IGG description is Fighting is Magic. People aren't stupid, they know how to google things. That's not the issue here.
>>
>>25026566
>blaming economy for this

Top kek.
>>
File: 1441971119898.jpg (143 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1441971119898.jpg
143 KB, 1280x850
Still no spider character
Why pledge?
>>
>>25027186

But they are no names.

Googled all of them and all I can get is their facebook pages.
>>
>>25024374
they have added new high tiers, go check them
>>25022949
mane6 musn't be related to pony, it could be something like Magic And New Entertainment 6 (that's the first thing that came out in my mind)
>>25027444
that could be the final boss, imagine fighting a giant spider... nope
>>
I wonder if this would have been more popular on Kickstarter, I get the feeling it doesn't get as much exposition on indiegogo

I hope they try it there if this campaign fails
>>
>>25026565
>I don't konw how to search on derpi
Here's sauce on just about every lewd for TFH. There's already two pages of it.

https://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sbq=-safe%2C+-anthro%2C+them%27s+fightin%27+herds
>>
>>25027316
>People aren't stupid, they know how to google things.

Star Citizen or Planetary Annihilation, just to name a few, prove otherwise.
Both got funded to hell and back despite the fact the creators had very shady past they simply "forgot" to mention on the KS page and most people fell for it.
>>
>>25027134
It being a fighting game probably isn't helping the funding either. Seems like a very niche genre where the core crowd is very rigid in what they like.
>>
>>25027950
You'd be surprised at how open the fgc can be about games. That's why you have hard-ass motherfuckers unironically playing stuff like Arcana Heart. I've heard from a number of fg players that were interested in this simply because they wanted to support an interesting western indie fg.

That being said it IS still a niche and a lot of those dudes aren't going to put more than $15-40 in, so it's still gonna take work to find enough people that are down with it.

I think it's a 50/50 at this point. We're close, but it really depends on who all is willing to upgrade pledges further, if there's anyone who wants the big ticket tiers still, and how many people get pulled in by the hype toward the end.
>>
>>25027950
>being a fighting game probably isn't helping the funding

This comment riles me up.

It's a fighting game. That's what it is. First and foremost. Not being a fighting game would mean it wouldn't exist in the first place. Sure it would probably get funded faster if it was, say, a first person shooter, and if it didn't feature animals and if it was called quake 5 and was made by john carmack.

But it just so happens to be a fighting game you know. Ever since the first fighting is magic video was uploaded the devs went "oh we really wanted to make a fighting game" and the 'fans' went "I really wish this had items and stage hazzards and simplified controls and in general it should be like smash bros, or a jump'n'run maybe but the animation looks good". But that's just not what it is, it's a fighting game made by people who are fighting game fans and wanted to make a fighting game.
>>
Huh, interesting comment on the IGG, from their help desk:

“As a one-off, Indiegogo allows any campaigner to extend their campaign’s deadline to bring their total days live to 60 days (Please note: we are unable to shorten or pull-forward a campaign’s deadline).”

Seems like there's somewhat of a safety net if they get close but it's not quite enough.
>>
>>25028830
That sounds a bit comforting
>>
>>25028517
I didn't mean that it was wrong for the devs to want to make a fighting game. I'm merely under the perception that the fighting game genre is far from the most popular genre out there, and that (which >>25027999
pointed out isn't necessarily the case) most people within that genre are already heavily partial to specifc franchises.

I personally don't care for the game, but I would find it sad to see an indie project with Faust's involvement fail.
>>
>tfw bored
>tfw working on a storyboard for TFH's story mode for Arizona out of boredom

I'm the worst kind of fan, I know.
>>
>>25027492
>mane6 musn't be related to pony,
I get what you're saying, but fuck your mind-addled fearmongering of lawyers.

People have rights in the USA. You can't just bully someone out of existance because you don't like them. Their original work violated copyright. This work doesn't.

AND PARODY IS EXPLICITLY PROTECTED!
>>
>>25029355
Arizona best cowgirl.
>>
>>25027899
. . . I don't know why I'm surprised at the quantity and quality of porn about this.
>>
>>25029603
and it's only going to get more if it's funded
>>
>>25029597
She has a friend and a rival named Dakota who she fights in the beginning of her story, who is a reskinned version of Arizona but more fluffy with no bandanna. That's all I've got so far. I kind of want Dakota to be a boy, too.
>>
>>25029603
Have some more (on last scene)
http://i.imgur.com/QowSeBw.gif
>>
>>25029705
Everything Lauren's hand touches turns to porn.
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
File: 1442094495697.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1442094495697.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>25029728
My god, you're absolutely correct.
>>
>>25029728
I'm sure she doesn't mind.
>>
>>25029728
McCracken porn when?
>>
>>25019208
I agree completely. I think they planned the reward tiers (as well as its limits) very, very poorly. They're relying on mostly game/beta access tiers now to raise the remaining 150k or so.
>>
>>25030091
I'm sure they could have had come up with more fun and original rewards if they gave it some though.
>>
>>25030091
But they just opened up a bunch more higher tiers? Including an unlimited tier for lobby accessories.
>>
>>25019208
>>25030091

They've had this problem since they were still doing Fighting is Magic. Instead of making monthly updates at the least, they tried to rely on megaposts a few times through the year. This actually made people paranoid that the project was dead, and also made the leak more devastating since most of the things they were waiting on the next megapost got spoiled.

They're getting better now that they've actually got money at stake (and probably lots of legal costs, too), but they still have to be careful. This is especially true if the fund fails, as creating another one would cause a lot of frustration from their backers and many would probably quit.
>>
>>25030436
>opened up more tiers in the last ten days
>this was planned
They're panicking and desperately trying to reach their goal. That isn't well thought out tbh.
>>
>>25030694
>if the fund fails

I think "'when the fund fails" is more accurate
>>
63% only so far...
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
>>25022475
You know I'm going to have to wonder what the quality of this movie was. That self-deprecating "the producers who saw Shrek" is apparently real and not a shop, which makes me think it might at least be funny.

I can forgive a lot if its genuinely funny.
>>
>>25029552
>People have rights in the USA
>You can't just bully someone out of existance because you don't like them
>he doesn't know about the countless laws that wipe their ass with civil liberties
>he doesn't know about the abject right police have to shoot your dog if you're late on your gas bill
>he doesn't know about Guantanamo bay, which specializes in bullying people out of existence
>he thinks the US is a leader in human rights

underage b& incoming
>>
who /arizona/ here ?
>>
>>25030861

ME COW-FRIEND
>>
>>25030861
MOO tbh
>>
>>25030861

GO ARIZONA GO
>>
$158,967 to go...
>>
Has Lauren ever said if she played a fighting game before?
>>
where the velvet lore at

i need to know the secrets of the fluff
>>
>>25030820
US is leader in non-black non-muslim non female rights
>>
>>25031473
This.
While people in the UK are getting in trouble for bringing pork roasts to work, the US is busy holding public hot dog-eating contests.
>>
>>25031501
While US citizens get shot on sight by their own police force, citizens in the UK run them over.
>>
>>25028830
How long has this one been going/how long could it be extended?

Because if they were like, "oh hey we have a whole extra month," I think we'd be golden
>>
>>25031551
black US citizens.
ftfy
>>
>>25031551
>While US citizens get shot on sight by their own police force
Please, it's not even common, the news just reports every single one that happens among hundreds of thousands of cops in America. If there was a news outcry every time a Muslim beat and/or raped a white woman in Europe, you'd all be crying for the government to remove kebab.
>>
>>25031584
It's 30, so they could double it I guess? I don't know if there are other requirements to being able to do that, or if mane6 are even considering that route. I know IGG was working pretty closely with them to begin with though, so they may have already offered that.
>>
>>25031022
>wrong shadow
>>
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 795x1126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 795x1126
>>25031551
Back to the United caliphate.

>>25031596
Fuck off Tumblr.
>>
>>25031319

She made top 8 at EVO a few years ago
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
>>25032134
Very unlucky loss though. She could've won.
>>
File: 999144.png (1 MB, 1280x930) Image search: [Google]
999144.png
1 MB, 1280x930
>>
>>25030861
TOUCH THE COW
>>
>>25032694
DO IT NOW
>>
>>25018856
Hate the whole TFH thing, but OP's pic is pretty sweet.
>>
>>25032915
Why do you hate it?
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
Does anyone else really dislike "Them's" in the title? "Fightin' Herds" Would have been just fine.
>>
>>25029728
I wonder if she knows about this
>>
>>25030779
not gonna pass
>>
>>25033046
I kinda agree, it's just a touch too silly in my opinion
>>
does anyone have a pamphlet of new information
>>
>>25033275
who cares it's never gonna be released anyway
>>
>>25033300
Nigga...
>>
>>25027899
Thanks mr. Dubs!
>>
>>25027899

>-anthro

>>>/out/
>>
>>25033046
>>25033179
It's a pun on "them's fightin' words"
>>
>>25033310
prove me wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 605x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 605x607
>>25029728
Holy fuck, you're right!
>>
>>25033367

I know... so is "Fightin' Herds" but without sounding so corny
>>
>>25033368
I can't prove you right or wrong. The crowdfund has a chance of succeeding as much as it has a chance of not succeeding. But now is when you buckle down in your support, not back off and throw in the towel early. It's not over til it's over.
>>
File: bookhorsesmug.png (253 KB, 805x1024) Image search: [Google]
bookhorsesmug.png
253 KB, 805x1024
>>25033362
>>
>>25033367
Y'know, knowing that does help. But I guess it's not so readily apparent (at least it wasn't for me)
>>
We have people in the fanbase who could really use an extra 400-15000 dollars to their salary and here we have a bunch of no let's not call them autists, a bunch of idiots asking out of a sudden for 430k dollars with absolutely no hint or warning.

If they had said the amount 2 years ago and kept the fanbase up to date about what was going to happen around September 2015 then the funding would have been reached in 1 day because everyone would have already prepared money for 2 years.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oh and if anyone could tip me on how to get 800 dollars or at least 400 then that'd be great.
>>
>>25033562
>tip me on how to get 800 dollars or at least 400 then that'd be great
Working in exchange for payment is usually a good way. Tbh
>>
>>25033630
So working on pony porn it is.
>>
>>25033562
>idiots for not knowing exactly how much money they would need 2 years later before they did any work or planning on the game
lmao where do you people get this shit from?
>>
>>25033423
There is no chance this will get funded, even if there is a last day rush.

If they have a clue, they would have had a plan b and would have started to do it.
436k was way too much to ask for after 2 years of silence.

I think they banked on Faust giving them lots of attention. If anything, them constantly associating with MLP has backfired. This is now a small community so everyone knows who they are. Having "Mane 6" as their name still is just embarrassing.
>>
>>25033413
This game is pretty corny to begin with. Just look at Arizona's lore
>>
>>25033562
I don't know if you were actually following them back then but they originally announced the crowdfund for first quarter of 2014. Even back then they weren't sure what the cost would be. Things clearly didn't work out for awhile, as tends to happen in game development. That's not them being idiots, it's just normal.
>>
>>25033775
Look at this doomsayer.

>no chance

ok mate
>>
>>25033775
Apparently they can extend the crowdfund deadline for up to another 30 days if needed. If all else fails, that may be enough.
>>
>>25033562
They said that they were gonna crowdfund ever since lauren joined them and they announced this new project

And then like one month prior they had a fucking countdown on their website

You can't really do much more warning in advance than they did without looking silly
>>
>Possibility of a male character
Ew, ew.
>>
>>25033858
What are you, a faggot?
>>
For anyone who is interested, Skullgirls is available on Humble Bundle atm.
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
Playlist for last night's stream is up if you want to pass it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvr_fs2uFE&list=PLzxf8Hy5Y2gVPKP7XHkJNjRtLxerDPm5e
>>
File: 142336012160.jpg (31 KB, 540x461) Image search: [Google]
142336012160.jpg
31 KB, 540x461
>>25018856
That final day funding rush had better be fucking huge.
>>
>>25033876
Do you even know what that word means?
>>
>>25033901
I might upgrade to 40 bucks but that's it, so we better hope for people with lodsa money.
>>
>>25033904
>Implying it hasn't lost all meaning at this point
>>
>>25033877
I missed out on it when it first released, so I picked it up. Pretty fun game, tbh. I'm still fairly fucking awful at fighting games though.
>>
>>25033920
Same, but I figured that I can't get good if I don't play them. At all. So it's time to get good.
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
>>25026093
It's funny to me. And the second-hand embarrassment offered to others is even funnier.
>>
>>25034798

>power puff girls never finished
>can't have a child
>fired from MLP
>personal projects don't take off
>Fightin' Herds won't make it either

How does this woman go on?
>>
>>25034798
faggot
>>
>>25035088
I'm sure she won't get kicked off Medusa. Sony is the best place for an artist to work! Just ask Phil Lord!

>>25035183
Thank you.
>>
>>25035350
Sony bury anyone who doesn't meet their expectations.
>>
>>25035446
That's the joke. Popeye got raped, and I'm still sour over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lzJuwJD9k

The Sony email leak showed Phil and Chris being offered jobs as creative heads of Sony's animation department, but they rejected because they didn't think it was a friendly enough place towards artists. I didn't see that until Genndy got booted from Popeye.
>>
Alright if the funding doesn't pick up I'm prepared to go up to $100 even though I'm close to being homeless.
>>
Can't Lauren mortgage her house or something? I mean it sucks but she'd make more money if the game became a big hit.

This is like a startup where she and the Mane6 own shares right?
>>
File: Arizona AJ.png (521 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Arizona AJ.png
521 KB, 1024x1024
>>25030861
This guy here. I want her to confront Applejack about her fences.
>>
>>25035562
Lauren can't risk everything for a single passion project, especially when she and her husband still both have careers.
>>
Wow I go away for a few days and everyone seems sad and angry. Cheer up! What was up with that last thread dying due to anniversary shenanigans?

I also can't really see any questions here, so someone tell me if there is any. I'm at work but I can answer some later or when I have a few minutes. Although I should probably check in with the team first..
>>
File: 1442840723600.png (429 KB, 510x804) Image search: [Google]
1442840723600.png
429 KB, 510x804
>>25035538
thanks anon I'm sure the 100$ will help
you'll be returned your money in 10 days anyway
>>
>>25035653
Yes, we have questions:

Firstly; Any plans for advertisement?
>>
>>25035653
By this point I just want to have the game. Any other things we could do to make sure the fundraiser reaches its goal?
>>
>>25035653

>What was up with that last thread dying due to anniversary shenanigans?

DYEWTS?

The CMC get they cutie mark, that explosion of hype destroy the previous thread
>>
>>25035653
It was that and the content of the most recent episode.

Lauren killed that stream. The direction she is taking the lore is great. Also really happy she answered my question about Oleander and the book.

For the next stream though, some of you guys really need better mics.

As for questions: about how many man hours were put into paprika and oleander between the first and second stream? They are looking a bit more fleshed out
>>
>>25035653

There's always been the shitposters. It's just that they aren't as drowned out when there isn't much to discuss about or when you aren't around.
>>
Faust and mane6 were always dumbasses when it came to responsibility and finishing their non-existant dreams(they have wish lists, not really dreams).

A shitty combo fest fighting game? Forget it.
From the same lazy students who couldn't finish 6 characters and who cancelled everything and never went open source? Some might say they wanted that C&D and they did it on purpose.

What about Anna's story?
A shitty feminist who doesn't understand the first thing about feminism.
Has the personality of a bubble-headed 15 year old who never does her homework.
Thought she'd be happy as an animator at CalArts of all places.
Married some ugly no-name director who doesn't share her style, ideas, designs.
Thought for even a second of having a chikd with that ugly manlet. Hell i think she's lying, they're both lying about the baby.

She quit Hasbro, refused to tell why. Went to work for DC then wander over yander now Medusa, yeah what a sad failure she is.
Bronies sucked her dick as much as they could. She refused to contact them anymore. She ignored any potential of hanging out with them as a member of the fanbase and potential leader for it.

Every artist is always such a beta with no initiative and drive in them.
>>
>>25035860
Are you okay?
>>
Screw you guys I'm going to 8/v/ where everyone isn't a cucking beta. Don't follow me or I will ban you there.
>>
Accelerate Ms. Arizona, accelerate.
>>
>>25035982
Accelerate at Applejack, at Applejack.

Go confrontation, go!
>>
>>25035653
You mentioned in the stream that the story mode will not be typical. Who is in charge of writing the story mode? Is it Lauren or one of the actual game developers, or a combo?
>>
>>25035653
Folks are nervous that you ain't gonna make it. I myself would be really sad. Out of curiosity, does Lauren own the copyright on the characters and setting and able to use them independent of the team?
>>
>>25035860
quell your autism anon.
>>
>>25035709
We have/are looking at what we CAN do in that space. But it is tough. (warning I've been away so this may be a bit ranty).

Paid advertisement for a crowdfund campaign? We really do not have the money. Really. It's expensive. Other advertisement for a crowdfund campaign? Sending to youtubers/streamers etc? We can do very little other than let sites/people know about our crowdfund directly and privately, and honestly, relying on you guys to put the word out there. We've already had quite a bit of coverage over the different game sites. A lot of more public forum type places don't even allow the team involved in a crowdfund to post about the crowdfund directly (with good reason, it's essentially using a forum to ask for money).
I keep saying 'crowdfund' instead of 'game', because remember, and this is a big one that makes a lot of our ideas dissolve quickly: we DO NOT HAVE A GAME YET. This is why we are asking for money in the first place. We have an idea and a general thought-out estimate of how to get it to become a real game. Sending out demos is problematic at best, as a fighting game at it's essence a 1v1 competitive experience. We have no AI. Our build still has wires hanging out that we need to know how to handle. It is not in a stand alone state that would give a 'reviewer' a realistic idea of what the game would be without a lot of hand-holding by our devteam. And if it has a lot of handholding by our dev team it doesn't really feel like an honest assessment of our product (a product that doesn't exit)..

Not to mention a lot of youtubers/streamers do not review or even mention early access games (barely games), let alone alpha builds (some parts of a barely a game), let alone active crowdfunds (a promise of a game). With good reason of course.

It would be a hell of a lot easier if this was an adventure game or other single player or more relaxed multiplayer experience! But, it isn't.
>>
>>25035653
What's your plan for the last week of the campaign? According to my calculations, to reach your goal, daily donation amounts need to average roughly $16K a day, an amount that I think is possible, based on observing past campaigns and their final pushes drawing out crazy amounts of new money, with a lot of those coming by way of others, especially those with a more than a few fans following them getting the word out.
>>
>>25036140
>>25035732
Just keep mentioning it and linking it to people. It all helps, and continues to help, and I'm sure the word of mouth from people like you on 4chan and other sites has brought in HEAPS of support. More than you or I know, I bet.

>>25035739
>DYEWTS?
I can assume what that means and no.
>The CMC get they cutie mark
Oh that is pretty cool!

>>25035807
Glad to hear Lauren did good. She's good!
Better mics, might not be a priority for a while..
>how many man hours were put into paprika and oleander
The dudes can really put in massive bursts of time when they get going. So in a day that number of hours could be up to 24.. What you saw in the first stream was really about all there was, so all the new stuff was in the last few days.

>>25035860
Damn that was a great opportunity for questions but I guess they are just talking to themselves.

>>25036048
Combo.

Lauren is writing it but is very much asking the team how a fighting game story mode should/could work. She is not just throwing up stuff and we accept it with open mouths like baby birds. We all have our ideas on what we want (obviously!) but we are very much trying to keep our egos and personal wants in check and try and figure out what would be
A. actually doable with the resources we have
B. interesting and fun
C. implementable in a fighting game
D. probably more stuff

We don't exactly 'rewrite' stuff directly, but we offer up direction when we think we can add value.

>>25036060
Mane6 owns the IP (intellectual property) and the copyright.
>>
>>25035653
Hey, cool to see you made it back finally. The stream was awesome, it was really great hearing from Lauren.

Do you guys have any plans for character portrait cut-ins during the super flash, like other anime fighting games tend to do?

I always thought that stuff was fun so it'd be neat if TFH had it too.
>>
>>25036283
>Do you guys have any plans for character portrait cut-ins during the super flash
Yeah that stuff is cool. It's an option we'll look at for sure. We are also aware that that can really make it feel very anime (as you mention), and that itself is a stylistic direction that we have to explore how far down we go.

There are other things we can do to make supers all magical and special and we'll try a few things since we aren't 100% positive on which one would be coolest/least annoying/most fitting.
>>
>>25036275

link to a pamphlet of new stream and information please??
>>
>>25036317
ok might be back in a few hours or even tomorrow, that was a lunch break!
>>
>>25036332
ps tell them to hurry up put the new lore up, we're almost to 280k already!
>>
>>25036332

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO CREATE EX SUPERS THE MOST AMAZING THINVE I'VE EVER SEEN, MY FAVORITE WAS VELVET DOING A BALLET DANCE AS SHE BLOWS UP THE OPPONENT THEN THE SECOND BALLET DANCE WHICH FREEZES YOU, THAT IS AMAZING AND I HIGH-FIVE YOU
>>
>>25036283
I always find that that kind of thing draws away from the action. That in addition to the ridiculous effects in games such as Marvel Vs Capcom leave me completely unable to follow what's going on.
>>
>>25035653
I asked these in the stream, but they were overlooked. Soooo...

1. Has Paprika ever actually hugged/cuddled/squeezed someone to death? When she does this, do their heads pop off like corkscrews? On a scale of Batman to Hitler, what is Paprika's kill count? How much blood is their on her hooves?

2. Will we ever hear Paprika sing?
>>
>>25036385
>Why was my retarded ass question overlooked
Swear on me mum m8, I knew it was one of you faggots.
>>
>>25036371
Yeah that's understandable, I think an ideal way to handle it if they do put it in is to just have a settings toggle to show them or not.
>>
File: 1386639427014.png (161 KB, 436x410) Image search: [Google]
1386639427014.png
161 KB, 436x410
>>25036385
this is literally you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWBG1GKn8A
>>
>>25036425
I don't even have to watch that video to cringe. Just seeing the title is enough.
>>
>>25036425
>Read the title
>See the way he's shifting around
I can't, I can't watch it.
>>
>>25036425

Still not as bad as they guy at 2014 BUCK who was majorly buttmad about the Daring Do episode because aparently the rings meant Celestia doenst have full controll about the sun or something and then ranted about that to the gal who wrote the Daring Doo books
>>
GO
ARIZONA
GO
>>
>>25036425
Why has misusing the word "literally" become a thing?
>>
>>25036275
I feel bad for lauren.

Velvet lore is still hasn't even been posted and already the funding is already close for the next characters lore.
>>
I just ordered a free pizza and it is on its way. What would each of the fighters favorite pizza be? What kind of toppings would they like? Oleander probably likes mushrooms.
>>
File: 1434468281486.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1434468281486.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>25036385
YOU FUCKING CUNT IF I SEE YOU SPAMMING THIS QUESTION AGAIN LIKE YOU WERE IN TWITCH CHAT I WILL BE EVEN MORE IMPOTENTLY IRATE THAN I AM RIGHT NOW. TAKE YOUR AUTISTIC CRINGEY BULLSHIT AND EITHER OFF YOURSELF OR CIRCLEJERK WITH THOSE FNAF FUCKS. FUCK.
>>
File: 1387473695856.jpg (63 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1387473695856.jpg
63 KB, 604x453
>>25036546
sounds like that guy had a valid reasoning
>caring for lore and world cohesiveness is bad
>>
>>25036590
Pineapple pizza. All of them.
>>
>>25036577
Well the poll was super close between Velvet and Oleander anyway, so maybe we'll just get them both at the same time.
>>
GO ARIZONA GO
>>
Fuck this general, I appreciate/enjoy the GO ARIZONA GO shitpost now.
>>
File: 1443978227164.jpg (88 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1443978227164.jpg
88 KB, 657x720
Here's what you need, Dev. You need to go and ask Pewdipie, Gamegrumps, Angry Joe, Rooster Teeth, whoever the fuck, if they'll talk about your game. Sure, you'll probably be denied, but you miss every shot you don't take.
You need publicity, and you need it now. Honestly, you should have thought about how to reach out more a long time ago.
Yeah, this thread had a pretty depressing tone. But it's only because we're scared you won't get the funding.
>>
>>25036811
i love all these posts where random internet nerd thinks he knows WAY more than the people actually working on the project, despite not having any knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes, at all
>>
>>25036811
the sad part is, lets plays do bring in the dollars.
>>
>>25036880
are you feeling ok?
>>
>>25036425
Ugh, I forgot all about that guy. Thank you for making me cringe at myself.

>>25036596
It was a reference to the Indiegogo page. They literally said that she loves people to death and that the Alpaca first appeared singing in a group. I was wondering if that shit was canon or if it was hyperbole.

Also, I was spamming the chat with it because the chat was going fast and I assumed they hadn't seen the question.
>>
>>25036911
then word it in a way that doesn't make it sound like you're stroking yourself to the very thought of it. Jesus christ, I forget what board I'm on
>>
>>25037027
>>25037027
>then word it in a way that doesn't make it sound like you're stroking yourself to the very thought of it.
>no fun allowed

Paprika's description was the funniest and I'd like to think it's all literal. That she literally hugs people to death and likely sings off-key while doing so. That would make her my favorite character.
>>
>>25037050
Pretty edgy tbh fam
>>
File: ewqweqwe.png (376 KB, 1200x1080) Image search: [Google]
ewqweqwe.png
376 KB, 1200x1080
>>25018856
This game looks bloody amazing. When is it released?
>>
>>25037078
No idea. Give your shekels to M6 and maybe it will be that much closer to being done.
>>
>>25037078
It's dead, the indigogo is going to fail, they can't get the money they need. Only like 2200 people actually bought the game. Nobody really gives a shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.