[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twilight's Game Night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 137
File: 1420248012493.png (511 KB, 505x665) Image search: [Google]
1420248012493.png
511 KB, 505x665
Day 1: http://pastebin.com/PmrCPg7x
Day 2: http://pastebin.com/yWkWgc97
Day 3: http://pastebin.com/teqv69zX

Old thread: >>21315703
>>
>praise the green!
>>
>>21378120
First for Trixie DM's the next story!
>>
>>21378120
Who forever GM here?
>>
>>21378174

I've been DMing for 2 years at this point. Same story. I don't think they want me to end it yet. They're only level 9.
>>
>>21378231
Uhh, 3.5 to clarify
>>
>>21378174
I have to DM all the games that are not Shadowrun or TDE
Found an Exalted group to play with, first time DMing next week
>>
>>21378231
>>21378251
>3.5
Tons of fun with D&D, if only the group could decide on a campaign. Or a system.
>>21378263
>First time DMing
Good luck with that, my first time ended with my group surfing a dreadnought through a greater demon's chest cavity. And not in a good way. Nah, but Dark Heresy is fun. Especially those crit tables. U-unf.
>>
>>21378331

Oh yeah, my party is playing in a medieval fallout type universe. They are travelling this destroyed world making friends and allies in unlikely places. Meanwhile, they have 2 big bads already, a 3rd on the way, and they are slowly building an army of demons and cancer "zombies". The end game is going to be a massive battle over the starting city and each of my players is going to 1v1 one of the big bads because so far, each player has a specific vendetta against one of the big bads.

Should all be fun I think.
>>
>>21378331
Only thing else I ever DMed was Vampir: The Requiem, and there I just improvised everything all of us were 15
Exalted is going to be interesting
>>
File: Pinkie Pie shocked.png (869 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie Pie shocked.png
869 KB, 1280x720
>>21376689

>The six of you pause, the silence total except for the heavy clatter of the stone across the table. It bounces off your mug, skittering towards Twilight's screen.
>It rocks back and forth for a second, eventually coming to a rest on -
>"20!" Dash hoofpumps the air. "Hell yeah!"
>Twilight sneers at the d20. You could swear she bumps the table with her hip, trying to get it to move one last time.
>With a final grimace, she turns to the still frozen Pinkie Pie.
>"It's a social check," Twilight reminds her. "Mint Julep doesn't have to follow it."
>One of Pinkie's eyes twitches, just one, and she slowly brings her hoof back down, scooping up the d20 and cradling it gently.
>Her hair collapses on itself for a second, just a second, before springing back up into its usual mess.
>"No," she whispers. "No, my own dice would never hurt me. There must be a reason..."
>"You can ignore -"
>"No!" Pinkie Pie cuts off Twilight. "I just... why? Mint Julep needs a reason..."
>>
>tfw never /tg/'d
>tfw learning the aspects of D&D through this green
>tfw nobody to /tg/ with
How much am I missing? ;_;
>>
>>21378397
Oh shit

>>21378407
Go to /tg/ man, there's a general for finding onnline groups for pen and paper stuff I think
>>
>>21378376
>medieval fallout
>destroyed world
>zombie/demon armies
>massive battle
10/10 would play innasetting.

>>21378407
/tg/ has gamefinder threads, if you want to risk that. You could also try looking up a local gaming store and see if they have games. I don't regret a single minute of playing pen and paper.
>>
>>21378407

Depends on the group. /tg/ has a gamefinder thread up all the time, even /mlp/ has games going in the fallout equestria thread, and someone is usually trying to start up that simple tabletop they have where the one class/race combo is bear/bear.

Its fun with the right people. If you decide to /tg/, stay away from That Guy and That DM threads for the same reason you stay wish normals would stay away from cringe threads and cons here.

Don't bring your fetish to the game. Do play your character as your character, and definitely read up on the system you are playing.
>>
>>21378397
Anon needs to secretly, IC and OOC, clue Ponks in on his secret suicidal plan. I imagine he's going to work some redemption angle for Paladin and having Mint nearby for that will be clutch.
>>
>>21378426
>>21378443
>>21378456
Firstly, I live in a shithole which probably doesn't have a "local game store".
Secondly, I just don't feel like I have enough imagination for this. It looks really interesting, but if RP decides the ammount of your earned EXP then it doesn't really look promising for me.
I'm a hopeless soul
>>
>>21378566
Normally you can get only a few points of bonus exp through RP, and learning good RP comes with time
Just go to /tg/ and look around
>>
>>21378566
It takes practice Anon. Writefriend is writing a group that has been playing a while, they're going to be good. Don't be discouraged before you even try.
>>
>>21378566
>rp
>experience

Pssht, my experience has been that most DMs level you as the story progresses, maybe with a slight bonus for doing something awesome or in character.

If you need more imagination, read more. Adventure novels, fantasy stuff. Hell, just start writing something and see where it goes. I didn't think I had an imagination, now I can take an idea and build a world around it in just a few hours.
>>
>>21378526
If we're throwing out ideas, I like this one.
>>
File: Rainbow Dash cries.png (318 KB, 2122x2957) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Dash cries.png
318 KB, 2122x2957
>>21378566
If Rainbow Dash can do it, so can you. Have faith in yourself.

>>21378397

>"Do we mean *nothing* to you?" Mercury Flare yells in the priestess's face.
>Mint Julep pulls back from the bard, face filled with confusion.
>"But... those people... " she stammers. "I could do so much for them..."
>"And we are going to die for them!" The pegasus stamps the ground for emphasis. "Do you see any way for us to survive? Because I don't! We are going to go into the Lich's throneroom, and we are going to DIE."
>"Then if we're already dead, let me use the last of my power to help them!"
>"Do you really want me to die screaming...?" Mercury Flare's eyes tear up, and she drops her head, ashamed to let anyone see. "You thought those Reavarii were worthy of your mercy... but not us...?"
>She peers up at the priestess through the fringe of her mane. Tears stream freely from her eyes.
>"We are going to die trying to buy them time to escape..." she whimpers, "and I... I feel it's the right thing to do. But please... it will not be swift... let the gentle caress of the sun be the last thing I feel, not an eternity of pain. Please..."
>"I'm sure Paladin will find a way!" the priestess argues, verging on tears herself.
>You shake your head.
"My body shall be the shield that protects the innocent. It has been, for a very long time. And I believe... I believe now is when it must end, though I shall do what I can to protect you all."
>Mint Julep can't hold it back any longer, the tears finally coming forth.
>"Please..." Mercury Flare begs the priestess one last time.
>>
>>21378842
>drama intensifies
Holy shit. Suicide Squad is go.
>>
>>21378842
>Have faith in yourself.
He hath spoken so I shall obey.
But seriously, playing with completely random people alone is spooky
Also I should be sleeping instead of reading how small pastel horses and a human play D&D
>>
>>21378949
Some groups play over skype, if that makes you more comfortable.
>>
>>21378598
>>21378614
>>21378625

What they said. Docking experience in this context was highly specific to the game, character, class and group. That scene was about an experienced player running a Paladin in a group he knows and trusts. The norm is regular XP at ST discretion with minor bumps cool shit or good RP occur.

Whitewolf for life.
>>
File: IMG_20150111_174703.jpg (110 KB, 465x452) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150111_174703.jpg
110 KB, 465x452
I was going to draw something lewd and inappropriate for this thread but I did this instead.

This is good stuff.
>>
>>21379417
could have more maregina
>>
>>21379504
The mood isn't right for that.
>>
>>21379526
Maregina is like Jello, Anon. There's always room for it.

But I get what you're saying
>>
>>21379738
>There's always room in it

Fix't.
>>
>>21379738
And there's always room in the maregine for you ~
>>
>>21379760
>Not being able to fill up your waifu
I am sorry for your loss, Anon.
>>
>>21379792
I could fill you up whenever you want
>>
File: Pinkie Pie can live with this.jpg (3 KB, 90x80) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie Pie can live with this.jpg
3 KB, 90x80
>>21378842

>"Okay!" Pinkie Pie's hair bounces back to full extension. "I think Mint Julep can accept that."
>"Way to ruin the mood," Applejack says with a smile, brushing a tear out of her eye.
>You look over to Twilight - has she...?
>No. She looks sad, but... distant. She knows she can't stop you now.
>Rarity follows your gaze, frowning as she sees Twilight.
>"Look, darling, I know you're worried that we will wipe again, but it is okay," the unicorn tries to comfort her. "I'm having fun." She looks around the table, eyes lingering for a second on each of her friends. "*We* are having fun," she corrects herself.
>"Yeah, I know..." your princess answers. "Let's just keep going."

>You watch as the priestess expends the last of her healing spells on the most gravely injured prisoners.
>The bard cleans her face, wiping away the tears and filth, wearing a smile - you know she spoke up only because she trusted you.
"You don't fear death...?"
>"I fear it quite a bit," she answers sheepishly. "But I believe in you more."
>Some of the freed Ponies and Darkin approach, and you step back, knowing your work moments ago could not have erased your words earlier. You are not welcome - let the bard have her moment.
>They kneel before her, thanking her for her guidance. Offering to come with her, promising to die for her.
>You watch her shake her head sadly, gesturing to their families. You do not hear what she says, but you see its effect. Swiftly, they gather the freed prisoner and as many weapons as possible.
>With a final look to Mercury Flare, they leave, hurrying towards safety.
>>
File: Ponk is ready.gif (114 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
Ponk is ready.gif
114 KB, 600x530
>>21379893
It begins.
My body is ready.
My feels maybe not.
>>
File: Rainbow Dash got fucked up.png (651 KB, 645x650) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow Dash got fucked up.png
651 KB, 645x650
>>21379893

>You look to Existential Dredd.
"It is time, Assassin. Lead on."
>Unlike before, your party moves as noisily as possible, seeking to draw as many of the enemy to you as possible.
>The path is not easy - cultists frequently move to bar your path, sometimes launching attacks from ambush. A lucky spear grazes Durararog's head, blood flowing freely and blinding her in her left eye.
>Three tunnels later, a knife catches you in the leg, slipping between the plates of your armor where a larger blade would not.
>You do not pause, continuing to limp on through the tunnels. You feel the moon as begins to rise, coming closer and closer to it as the path slopes upward.
>"Careful..." Mint Julep warns. "I feel the presence of... something..."
>Existential Dredd's eyes widen and she slips into the shadows.
>You look around, trying to find what - THERE!
>A shade leaps from the darkness, knife held high.

>"Mine." Pinkie Pie lifts a hoof guiltily. "From our first attempt.

>An orange hoof comes shooting out of the shadows, moon-forged blade shining bright as it catches the shade in the chest mid-air.
>The monster falls, screaming blasphemous obscenities as Reavarii boil out of the side tunnels to cover its escape.

>"Bye, Fuchsia Wonder." Pinkie Pie waves sadly as Twilight removes the model.

>The next Reavarii attack almost succeeds - Mercury Flare will not fly again without the Sun's healing. After the battle, she returns to the spot she was wounded, staring at the scattered feathers and blood for long seconds.
>Mint Julep almost dooms you all then - her desire to heal the bard palpable. She steps forward, hesitantly, like she is not in control of her own body. She stops when the bard spits on the ground, on her own lost wings.
>"I didn't need them down here anyway," Mercury Flare says resolutely. "They just took up space."

>"She can just heal me after we beat the Lich," Rainbow Dash explains as you all try to pick your jaws up off the table.
>>
>>21380238
You are doing gods work anon.
On a side note ... will we see some hot Anon on Twi action?
>>
File: IMG_20141222_121810.jpg (106 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141222_121810.jpg
106 KB, 768x1024
>>21380359

Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>21380381
kek
she looks like a shocked ghost
>>
>>21380391
GHOST BLOWJOB! WOO WOO!
>>
File: 1405279906690.png (173 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
1405279906690.png
173 KB, 1100x1100
>>21380381
>>
File: Rarity injured.jpg (98 KB, 967x807) Image search: [Google]
Rarity injured.jpg
98 KB, 967x807
>>21380238

"Damn, and I thought we'd finally made an honest roleplayer out of you."
>"I am pretty sure we did," Rarity responds, trying to wipe the tears from Pinkie Pie's face.

>The shade returns, almost claiming the barbarian - you move to intervene, but your injured leg gives out. But Durararog has heard your warning and turns, a killing blow becoming a grazing one.
>She fends off the attacker with Existential Dredd's help, but it escapes once more. You do your best to bandage the long gash in her side, but it is deep. Not fatally so, but... her movements are slowed. She may not turn so quickly next time.

>"Darn it, Twilight!" Applejack pounds a hoof on the table. "Are you trying to kill us all?"
>"I'm just doing my part," she answers, face dead.
>You slide slightly closer to hear, reaching for her hoof, hoping your actions are hidden by the table.
>She pulls her hoof back, out of your reach, and gives you an ugly glare that she doesn't bother to hide from your friends.

>The path continues upward - you can feel yourself nearing the surface. More and more frequently the areas you move through are dressed stone, not rough-hewn earth.
>>
>>21380761

Grape Fart mad. She very mad.
>>
>>21380874
>Grape Fart
That's a new one.
>>
>>21380900
Twilight is well known as the pony most likely to brrrp. She is a horse of frequent farts.
>>
>>21381117
Leave your weird farting fetish in the nightly twilight thread where it belongs.
>>
>>21381202
he's not welcome to NTT either.
>>
>>21380761

>The Reavarii make a last-ditch effort to stop your party in front of a massive door. Warding runes glimmer faintly in the dark of the tunnels, casting an odd bluish tint on the conflict. The assassin's luck finally runs out, her attempt to dodge a thrust spear a second too slow. It slides across her underbelly, cutting a shallow furrow though the flesh. She brings one forehoof down on the spear shaft, knocking it out of the Reavarii's grasp, and brings her knife around in a glittering arc to punch through the cultist's neck. She quickly reverses her grip and tears it free, continuing the motion in a smooth arc that slices through a second cultist's face.
>Once the screaming stops, only Mint Julep stands before the door uninjured. She looks first to Durararog, her white coat now mostly stained red, panting for breath yet unwilling to retreat. Then to Mercury Flare, who stares at the door in unrivaled rage, torn feathers plastered to her back with her own blood. Existential Dredd returns her look, nodding in determination even as she presses one forelimb to her belly to stop the bleeding.
>She doesn't look to you - she knows there is no one, not even the Moon, could stop you now.
>>
>>21381341

>Not even your princess.
>"Do we have a plan...?" Pinkie Pie asks quietly, head down, pressing her snout to the table.
>"Die fabulously," Rarity states with certainty, hoof in the air. "Die with honor and ascent to the stars."
>You smile at that.
"No."
>Every head turns to you, curious. Everyone except Twilight. She looks away, pretending to double check her notes.
"I go in first."
>"Of course," Dash says with a shrug. "That's kinda obvious. You're the tank."
"Mint Julep next."

"As I see it, we have one hope."
>You put one hand on the door, preparing to shove it open.
"The Moon."
>"But -" You don't let Mercury Flare finish the thought.
"But she is distracted, I know."
>You look back to your companions one last time.
"We will have to catch her attention."
>"But that's impossible!" Existential Dredd yells at you. "It won't work!"
>You smile down at her sadly, allowing her for the first time to see your face under your hood.
"Would you rather die without hope?"
>"Not really," she answers you.
"Then have faith."
>>
>>21381521
It begins
>>
>>21381521

"Mint Julep, we need the Moon to see us - use Midday Sun to burn a hole through the ceiling. It's shallow here - you should be able to make a large hole."
>She nods somberly.
"Then cast Lingering Warmth. We will need time to get Her attention - hopefully that spell will keep everyone alive through what is to come."
>"Just remember to stay close, Paladin - that spell has a short range."
"I know."
>"And what of us?" Durararog asks, breathing still labored.
"Defend the priestess. All of you. Stay close to her."
>You take a deep breath, hold it for a second, and exhale. It's time to end this.
>You shove the door open.
>>
>>21381598
>"AND I think that's a good place to stop." Twilight says, closing her notes a little more loudly than normal
>>
>>21381598
Hype, so hype. I am so hype for this finale.

>>21381622
Oh, there you are, Satan. Sup?
>>
File: rarascream.gif (108 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rarascream.gif
108 KB, 500x281
>>21381622
>>"AND I think that's a good place to stop." Twilight says, closing her notes a little more loudly than normal
>>
>>21381622
Fuck. I think I know how it ends. However this shit pans out, writefriend, you done good. This has been the best green I've read on this board in ages.

Has anyone told NTT about this?
>>
>>21381675
I did but they didn't seem to give a shit.
>>
>>21381699
This is on my short list of good Twi fiction. They don't know what they're missing out on.
>>
>>21381598

>"Don't do this," Twilight begs you, eyes shimmering with wetness.

>You stride into the room, doing your best to ignore the pain in your leg.
>Your sword flickers out, intercepting the first shade's blade and sending it spinning. You punch out with your free hand, knocking it back. Another comes at you from the left and you twist, driving it back with a wild swing. You bring that arm back quickly, slamming your elbow into a third's face. The one that ambushed you twice, you dully realize.
"NOW, PRIESTESS!"

>Twilight rears up, bringing her forehooves down on the table, knocking down the DM screen and sending miniatures flying.
>"Please, Anon!" She screams. "Don't do this!"
>That's okay, you don't need the map anymore.

>A beam of heat shoots up from the priestess's hooves, burning through the ceiling in seconds. The cold light of the Moon shines down through the hole, illuminating the center of the room.

>"Please," she sobs. "Why would you do this? Haven't you been having fun with us?"

>You thrust forward with your sword, clearing the smallest of paths between the shades. You bodily shove your way forward, knocking them down. You can clearly see the bound fragment of the regrowing Lich on the far side of the room. It glows with evil menace.

>"Haven't you been having fun with *me*?"
>>
>>21381798
>>"Haven't you been having fun with *me*?"
muh heart
>>
File: 1194934.jpg (69 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
1194934.jpg
69 KB, 300x283
>>21381798
BRACE FOR IMPACT
>>
File: 1384223550093.png (678 KB, 668x667) Image search: [Google]
1384223550093.png
678 KB, 668x667
>>21381798
It's happening!
>>
>>21381798

I mus have missed something, I have no idea how he is going to ruin this game. Seems like he's helping everyone make it awesome.
>>
>>21381876
I don't really get it either. I'm assuming he's leading everyone to their doom on purpose. Just waiting for a conclusion at this point.
>>
>>21381876
>tfw you've DM'd enough to know what the writefriend is doing
>tfw you can't wait to read it and you don't want to read it
I believe in Writefriend.
>>
>>21381798

"CAST THE NEXT SPELL, PRIESTESS!"
>"Not yet, you're too far away!"
"It's better that way. NOW CAST IT."
>You step into the pool of moonlight and pull back your hood.

>"Please..." You stand, putting your arms around her. "I don't want this story to end..."

>You look up to the night sky, to the Moon. Your sword falls from your limp hands, clanging sharply against the stone floor.

>"I don't want this to end..."
>You squeeze her tighter.

"I am sorry..."
>You rip your robes from your body, shredding them. Their magic is nullified - everyone can see you clearly now.

>She collapses in your arms, staining your shirt with her tears. She slams her eyes shut, trying to block out the pain.

"I am sorry, my love!"
>The shades gather around you, hesitant to step into the moonlight.
>>
>>21381908
Motherfucker, you don't do that shit while someone is writing.
>>
>>21381908
Bad Anon !
Was my guess too
>>
>>21381908
Honestly I kind of suspected that the moment that came up
>>
>>21381908
Hush!
Let the writefriend write.
>>
>>21381917
People were asking, though. And I'm always wrong, anyways.
I'll shut up now.
>>
File: 1420681791293.jpg (15 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
1420681791293.jpg
15 KB, 200x210
>>21381908
Fuck
you
>>
>>21381947
We're not mad at you, Anon. We just want it to be a surprise.
>>
>>21381908
I don't recall when this was alluded to.
>>
>>21381896

"I am sorry, Twilight, but..."
>You stroke her cheek softly.

"Look at me!"
>You scream your words into the sky.
"LOOK AT ME!"

>Twilight opens her eyes, just barely, just enough. You look deep into them.

"I AM TIRED OF THE LIES! I AM TIRED OF BEING ALONE!

>She flinches away from your gaze for a second, only a second. As much as she wants to crawl into her library, to get away from here, she can't keep herself from returning your look.

"I AM HERE, DO YOU SEE ME!"
>The light grows stronger, brighter.

>"We were having so much fun," she whispers. "I don't want the story to end..."

"CAST THE SPELL NOW, PRIESTESS!"
>"But you'll die!"
"IT'S BETTER THAT WAY!"

"Neither do I..."
>>
>>21381958
In hindsight, I really should've put more thought into that beyond putting my guess behind a spoiler.
>>
>>21381976
Oh shit here we go
>>
>>21381978
At least you gained the experience, Anon.
>>
>>21381976
Welp, I think he was right
>>
>>21381976

>The light is blinding, but you stare up into it. You deserve the pain, after all the harm you've caused.

>"Then why...?" she tries to blink away her tears and fails.
"Can you think of a better way for this story to end?"

>Your clothing, your armor, burn away in the light, in the harsh gaze of the moon.

>"No..." she whispers quietly.

>You can see your goddess now, her face contorted in rage fueled by pain and loss.

"I can."

"I RETURN TO YOU WHAT I STOLE, MY GODDESS!"
>Your skin begins to burn in the cold light.

>Twilight's eyes flare open wide.
>"How...?" she gasps.
>>
File: yKgRay_x3FoTLr7WPuVBMQ.jpg (57 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
yKgRay_x3FoTLr7WPuVBMQ.jpg
57 KB, 600x433
>>21382056
>>
>>21382056

Big. Goddamn. Heroes.
>>
File: Red Faglord.gif (207 KB, 272x213) Image search: [Google]
Red Faglord.gif
207 KB, 272x213
>>21382056
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>21382056

"I return your love."

>You kiss Twilight.

>The room burns away in a flash of light as the second moon - your goddess's hoof - comes crashing down on you.

"How's that for an ending?"
>>
File: 1402530082199.jpg (159 KB, 939x1200) Image search: [Google]
1402530082199.jpg
159 KB, 939x1200
>>21382091
>"How's that for an ending?"
Beautiful.
>>
File: vegaapproves.gif (290 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
vegaapproves.gif
290 KB, 400x300
>>21382091
>>
File: bravo.gif (368 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
bravo.gif
368 KB, 280x280
bravo
>>
File: 1413357071121.gif (3 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1413357071121.gif
3 MB, 260x195
>>21382091
>>
File: 1420597333794.jpg (49 KB, 390x476) Image search: [Google]
1420597333794.jpg
49 KB, 390x476
>>21382091

Epilogue when?
>>
>>21382091

>"So... did we survive?"
>Twilight's head turns sharply, like she had forgotten the others are here.
>"What?" She blinks in surprise.
>"Did we survive?" Rarity repeats.
>Twilight can only stare at her in surprise.
>"Mint Julep cast Lingering Warmth, which should stop us from suffering life-ending injuries," Rarity explains. "Did. We. Survive?"
>"Yes...?" Twilight answers uncertainly.
>"Then the story is not over, darling," Rarity informs her with a smile. "You were worried for nothing."
>She shoves the core rulebook over to your side of the table.
>"Roll up a new character, Anon," she says with a smile. "Our party has suddenly found itself short one."
>>
>>21382324
I AM EXPERIENCING EXTREME JOY RIGHT NOW
>>
File: animeity_lg.gif (4 MB, 285x160) Image search: [Google]
animeity_lg.gif
4 MB, 285x160
>>21382324
Rarara to the rescue
>>
File: 1418695597263.jpg (51 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
1418695597263.jpg
51 KB, 352x338
>>21382324
THIS STORY
>>
>>21382324

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNPkoPIsNQ
>>
>>21381976
Someone want to explain wtf is going on?
>>
>>21382324
best pony saves the day yet again.
>>
>>21382401
Read the whole story from the beginning.
>>
File: 1357972085345.gif (205 KB, 342x301) Image search: [Google]
1357972085345.gif
205 KB, 342x301
>>21382324
>>
File: It willl pass.png (54 KB, 582x556) Image search: [Google]
It willl pass.png
54 KB, 582x556
>>21382401
>>
>>21382401
Read it from the beginning. It's worth it.
>>
>>21382401

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwyELjX-AbA
>>
>>21382177
Tomorrow, I think. Writing any more tonight would be a mistake. I keep trying to add more, but this ending is right. I need to step back before I fuck it up.Also have to reread it and see if there's any Chekhov's I forgot to resolve.

>>21382419
TOMORROW!
>>
>>21382419
This please.
>>
>>21382548
Thank you.
>>
File: IMG_20150105_165557.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150105_165557.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
I'm looking forward to tomorrow then.
>>
File: 1418206799589.png (672 KB, 715x819) Image search: [Google]
1418206799589.png
672 KB, 715x819
>>21382548
Looking forward to it!
>>
>>21382548
Good call based writefag. Don't force it, what we got for the night is excellent.
>>
File: ovation.gif (996 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
ovation.gif
996 KB, 500x265
>>21382548
>>
>>21382411
>>21382477
>>21382444

Thanks. My main source of confusion was who was speaking to whom, but reading it again seems to have cleared that up.

>>21382479
Thats definitely very clear.

>>21382548
Looking forward to it!
>>
Bumpin.
>>
I think I speak for a few that we who are unfamiliar with the ways of the Emperor's fa/tg/uys need some explanation about the ending. Can anyone explain it clearly?
>>
>>21384334
Did you read from the beginning?
>>
Twilight's setting had it that the goddess of the moon ( aka "the moon" ) had a hatred for a single person, whom she would smite. Anon exploited a common detail of the medium -giving his character a weakness in exchange for the ability to buy more skills and whatnot. One common weakness is to be hated by any powerful force. Anon chose "the moon." And because the goddess was specifically stated to be hating one person ready to smite him, and the game rules says she hates anon, that means anon is the one who stole from the moon. It's also commonly accepted for players to decide details of their backstory as they go along. Since anon's backstory is this setting's lore, he gets to decide parts of the lore, such as having the thing stolen from the moon be her heart. Paladin joins the moon in an enormous explosion as anon announces his love for purple smart. The rest of the party is temporarily invincible due to the cleric's spell, which was why it was such a big deal pinkie not turn that spell into healing instead. Twilight figured the plan out ahead of time, except for the love part, and was worried anon was killing his character off so that he could leave the campaign because he decided he didn't return her affections.
Subtext woo!
Tubsex whee!
>>
File: 34234324.gif (695 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
34234324.gif
695 KB, 320x180
>>21384815
nice summary
>>
File: 1419913974692.jpg (51 KB, 614x340) Image search: [Google]
1419913974692.jpg
51 KB, 614x340
>>21384815
Thanks for reminding me of the missing details. Now it makes sense.
>>
>>21384815

The action of the scene is pretty poorly described. We're given -- in broad strokes -- what the moon itself is doing and how it's impacting one particular character, but the rapid flipping between scenes and pacing skipped over a lot of clarity. Like what anyone else was doing, or how they were reacting, or what the scene even looked like to begin with.

And Twilight's emotional outburst isn't really explained either. I can guess to her emotional state based on the insecurities that have been at least somewhat developed, but her rapidly increasing distress isn't addressed by her dialogue or the narrative. We're watching a group of friends sit around a table while one is sobbing and screaming and the others are -- what? Casually announcing characters actions at her?

It reads like a cobbled together patchwork of climaxy elements and assumption. I get what's going on, but I'm not shown what's going on and I honestly don't know why a lot of it is going on. And none of this is subtext.
>>
>>21385827
I think Twilight's emotional outburst is that she fears that anon will leave the gaming group, and her, after this campaign. Especially since they've made some headway into a new relationship. It's been hinted at that she's saddened by the fact that Anon keeps leaving and not staying with her so her fears are somewhat understandable.
>>
>>21386010
>her fears are somewhat understandable

They made out while making nachos and he called himself her boyfriend soon after that. Her emotional outburst was a bit over the top and out of character, imo.
>>
>>21382091
You magnificent bastard, took me all I got not to shed a tear on the train

Never, ever, stop writing!
>>
late bump
>>
>>21378407
I think learning something about D&D through this story isn't really effective, neither culture-wise nor system-wise, because the "gaming culture" of a group heavily depends on the people you play with.

Also, if this was an actual representation of the D&D system, the story would go on like this:

>>21382324
>You grab the core rulebook and tap your fingers against it, wondering what kind of character to build next.
>Meanwhile the others continue with their game.
>Aredee is the first one to speak
>"So, how much xp do we get for defeating the evil lich?"
>Twilight looks at the ceiling in thought.
>"It should be enough for a level up."
>Everyone cheers and Twilight smirks.
>"You should be glad that I'm nice enough to give you experience for defeating the lich even though it was the gigantic explosion of divine wrath that defeated him."
>Rarity looks concerned.
>"How big was that explosion anyways?"
>"The prisoners were luckily already too far away to be affected, but it pretty much leveled the whole perimeter.
>As if through a miracle, your party has manged not to get buried beneath the rubble."
>Suddenly Aredee takes Pinkie's stone D20 and throws it at you.
"Ow, what the fuck Aredee!?"
>"ANON, YOU DUMB FUCK, NOW WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY TREASURE!"
>>
>>21387751
Well, that's the thing. I've heard of D&D before but actually got interested in it after this green. And the gamefinder thread was full of shitposting and nobody wanting to be a GM.
>>
>>21384815
++
>>
File: durararog.png (271 KB, 1690x1371) Image search: [Google]
durararog.png
271 KB, 1690x1371
Drew a thing. Somehow I was thinking Durararog was a stallion, but skimming again she's not. OH WELL.
>>
File: 1413515405409.jpg (31 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
1413515405409.jpg
31 KB, 640x447
>>21388230

>Drew a thing. Somehow I was thinking Durararog was a stallion, but skimming again she's not.

Don't worry mate. I thought the same thing too. But aside from that, Nice job.
>>
File: 1415213042086.gif (2 MB, 352x199) Image search: [Google]
1415213042086.gif
2 MB, 352x199
>>21388230
>>
>>21388230
Dat neckbeard tho.
>>
File: lady.jpg (25 KB, 220x287) Image search: [Google]
lady.jpg
25 KB, 220x287
>>21388230
Ladies can have beards too !
>>
>>21388230
I've read the text at the top as "durara.org" and thought it was your website, that I totally didnt try to visit..
Yeah ...
Good job mate.
>>
File: 1416039696659.gif (10 KB, 157x184) Image search: [Google]
1416039696659.gif
10 KB, 157x184
>>21388230

Secret to barbarian rages? Fashion faux pas.
>>
File: Rarity the barbarian.png (242 KB, 1188x700) Image search: [Google]
Rarity the barbarian.png
242 KB, 1188x700
>>21389810
>>
>>21390455
and another
>>
are we going to find out what pinkie left in anons' bag?
>>
>>21391189
be patient good anon, it shall be revealed in time.
>>
>>21391189
Of course, when the game session is over.
>>
>>21391189
Is... Is that some kind of euphemism? I didn't think Pinky liked Anon that way.
>>
>>21378566
uh pinkie actually left something in anons bag, did you read the whole day 3?
>>
>>21391624
It was a joke
>>
>>21391746
i'm stupid
>>
>>21391764
We know,anon. We like you, nevertheless.
>>
Bamp
>>
File: Rarity smirks.png (146 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
Rarity smirks.png
146 KB, 744x1052
>>21387751
I like this. Had to make a few adjustment to my plan.

>>21388230
Thanks for the art. I wrote the damn thing and I kept think of Durararog as a stallion too, so I might just have to change it when I go back through and edit this mess.

>>21382324

>Pinkie Pie's eyes grow wide as she walks away from the castle.
>"I... I forgot something back -"
>"Nope!" Applejack loops one foreleg around her withers.
>"Not a chance," Rainbow Dash smirks as she wraps one of hers around the pink pony's neck.
>"We slipped out for a reason, darling." Rarity grins mischievously - not an expression anyone would expect from such a proper mare.
>"No! Really!" Pinkie yells at her friends. "I should go back!"
>Her friends continue to drag her away, her protesting hooves digging deep channels in the soil.
>"Look, sugercube, I know you wanted to keep playing," Applejack says sympathetically to her friend. "Heck, I wanted to see how much experience we got."
>"And *I* wanted to see what kind of loot we -" the pegasus cuts off suddenly.
>"What kind of loot we...?" Rarity stops, gasping.
>Applejack peers at them suspiciously.
>"What's wrong with you two?"
>"WE AREN'T GOING TO GET ANY TREASURE!" they wail in unison, the sheer volume stunning the orange pony.
>Pinkie Pie looks to her friends briefly, eyes darting from shocked face to shocked face. She slowly slips free of their grasp. With one last look at them, she dashes off, giggling, leaving her three friends standing shocked in the street.
>>
File: face of mercy.jpg (28 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
face of mercy.jpg
28 KB, 256x256
>>21392565
>we aren't going to get any treasure!
Ah now there's the marshmellow love for shinies. Based writefag.
also whenever you mentioned the suns mercy in these threads, this image kept popping up in my head. Thanks for that.
>>
>>21392565
So, they all saw anon kiss twilight and said nothing? or did we just skip that scene?
>>
List of archived threads for those who enjoy reader comments/pretty pictures. I do
http://mulpwiki.org/index.php/Twilight_Game_Night#Archived_Threads
>>
>>21392635
Yeah... atleast Rarara should have squeeed or something
>>
>>21392565

>You try to calm your pounding heart - unable to believe you just did that. You know that you released Twilight at some point - she said something about needing to clean herself up.
>Your friends are probably gone - you don't see them anywhere. You think you remember applause... but really, was your speech *that* good? Your right hand stings - you stare at it for a second. Did Aredee high-hoof you? You vaguely remember Rarity said something about you and Twilight being a thing for months - you think you corrected her... but you're not really sure. You do remember the embarrassed look on her face.
>You're really can't believe you did that.
>Just... Twilight had taken things worse than you expected, and you remember playing it up more and more, trying to match her emotional level.
>>
Hyyyyyype. Soooo much hype. I can't wait to see how it ends and I dont want it to end.
>>
File: Berry punch not worried.png (111 KB, 900x763) Image search: [Google]
Berry punch not worried.png
111 KB, 900x763
>>21392755
Hurry up writefag. I need your text inside me now !
>>
>>21392755

>Why do you always have to go so far? At least this time she was crying tears of joy at the end, right? Right? You should check.
>You should check on her. You're already at the foot of the stairs, one foot on the first step.
>It's been too long, she should have come back down by now. Something's wrong.
>You take a step towards the library - it's where she always goes when something's wrong. You put your hand on the door, take a deep breath, hold it for a second, and exhale.
>You slowly push the door open.
>It's the wrong room - you went to the wrong room. This is her bedroom, not the library.
>And yet... there she is, laying on her bed, facing away from you.
>She's not in the library - you sigh in relief. Everything is okay.
>You realize you are holding something. Why are you holding the core rulebook? You should be holding your Twilight Sparkle.
>The book falls from your limp hands.
>>
File: Uhh.. Anon.png (848 KB, 1255x1116) Image search: [Google]
Uhh.. Anon.png
848 KB, 1255x1116
>>21393313
Go get her, anon.
>>
>>21393313

>It hits the floor with a dull thud.
>She twists her head back at the noise, looking at you with a soft smile.
>"What took you so long?"
>You pull off your jacket, throwing it at a nearby chair.
"I'm sorry..."
>You take a step toward the bed, followed by another.
"I was just... in shock."
>"That's not what I meant," she says, ducking her head. "I'm not talking about tonight, about right now."
"I know."
>You reach out with your left hand, running it up one of her hind legs. The feel of her warm coat under your fingers is comforting. Inviting.
"I couldn't admit to myself that anyone could even care about me."
>"I care about you..."
"How could I believe you - you of all ponies - could love me?"
>"How could you ever doubt it?"
>You move to climb into the bed with her, but your princess shakes her head.
>>
File: Purplebookhorsethreat.png (587 KB, 823x970) Image search: [Google]
Purplebookhorsethreat.png
587 KB, 823x970
>>21393571
>>
>>21393571

>"I want to feel *you*."
>You pull off your shirt, continuing with the rest of your clothes when her expression never waivers.
>Twilight smiles, her face filled with love and desire. She lifts the blanket and you slip under it.
>She squeaks when you put one arm around her and pull her against you. Her velvet coat feels so soft pressed against your chest.
>It feels even better when she relaxes her tensed muscles, her body settling into you, fitting your arm perfectly.
>>
>>21393815
MY BODY IS READY! Writefriend you glorious bastard, This is the best twiGreen.
>>
>>21393815
I am preparing my body. Soon I will be ready.
>>
>>21393815

>Her body seems longer somehow, her shoulders and hips almost even with yours. As she shifts slightly, rubbing her back across your torso, you realize she's stretching herself, trying to maximize the contact between the two of you.
>She brings a foreleg up, wrapping it around your arm and tucking her hoof into your hand. Her head comes around, nuzzling yours. You take the opportunity to kiss her again.
>>
>>21394388

>Her body seems longer somehow.
>It was then, at that moment and all too late that I realized Twilight Sparkle was a snake.
>>
>>21394422
Would still make sweet, sweet love purplesnake
>>
>>21394422
Dubs dubs confirm Anon forgot to check for disguised snakes.
>>
File: CREEEEEEED.jpg (12 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
CREEEEEEED.jpg
12 KB, 233x217
>>21394422
>>
>>21394450
>>21394455
>>21394472

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGIGYP0rX9A
>>
>>21394488
>Dubs dubs again
Hot damn.
Also MST3K? Mah nigga.
>>
File: aroused hindu god.gif (614 KB, 407x391) Image search: [Google]
aroused hindu god.gif
614 KB, 407x391
>>21394422
>>21394455
>>21394488
>All these dub dubs

Joking and snakes aside, good shit writefag. Sitting on the edge of my seat.
>>
>>21394388

>She stares into your eyes for long seconds.
>"Turn off the light, Anon?"
>Reluctantly you release her and twist, blindly grabbing for the lamp on her nightstand. You can't seem to find it - turning over completely after three or four tries.
>That... that wasn't there...
>Your bag sits - partially open - on the chair you threw your jacket at. It lurches forward, as if pushed, and out tumbles a small wrapped package.
>You don't recognize it, but you recognize what it is.
>Only a paperback book is that size.
"Thank you, Ponk."
>You mouth the words without noise.
>But there's no way you're leaving Twilight's bed now - you'll get in the morning.
>Your princess whines slightly - she misses your presence. You switch off the lamp and turn back to Twilight, putting your arm back around her.
>She moans slightly, happy to have you back.
>You can still see her by the pale light of the stars.
>"Do you want waffles in the morning...?"
"Mhm."
>She turns in your arm until she is wholly facing you. Her face to yours, her chest to yours, her -
>"That was a nasty thing you did earlier," she smiles lewdly at you. "You'll have to earn them."
>>
File: 1420008859147.png (50 KB, 350x362) Image search: [Google]
1420008859147.png
50 KB, 350x362
>>21395179
>Only a paperback book is that size
I need to know what it is.
>>
File: sLqys72.jpg.gif (2 MB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
sLqys72.jpg.gif
2 MB, 400x263
>>21393815
Img rel?
Also depicting mfw I have to wait for continuation.
>>
>>21395179

>You wake to the gentle touch of the sun and the sweet smell of waffles.
>Damn, you meant to be up before her.
>You roll over, glancing at the chair - the book is still there, still wrapped. You have your suspicions...
>The waffles smell almost done - you should get up. You stand, resolving to pull on some clothes - the bare minimum to make you feel decent.
>You walk over to the chair - to pull fresh clothes from your bag - but your hand drifts to the book.
>You have to know.
>Carefully, you peel away a bit of the wrapping - as you suspected, the binding isn't Equestrian - it's much too neat, too smooth. But worn.
>You tear away a little more, revealing part of the cover - that familiar red dragon. You spent so much of your childhood in this world - your eyes drift to your jacket, to the lump where Twilight's book still sits.
>You know why Pinkie Pie gave you this, and what you're supposed to do with it.
>You tear the rest of the wrapping from the book - you have a feeling it was wrapped for your benefit anyway.
>After pulling on some boxers and a shirt, you head downstairs, only pausing to pull Twilight's book from your jacket pocket. You have a feeling that your princess won't be up for much conversation over breakfast.
>You sit at the table - miraculously clean of all gaming paraphernalia. Either Twilight got up much earlier than you, or...
>Pinkie.
>You smile.
>>
>>21395686
Based Ponka confirmed for inter-dimensional traveler
>>
>>21395686
> Pink sneaking in on Twi and Anon
Creepy even for Ponky.
>>
>>21395686
>>21395806
>>21395911

Clearly she's just pacing the way for you to breed an army of satyr abominations to take over the multiverse with.
>>
File: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.jpg (37 KB, 280x475) Image search: [Google]
Dragons of Autumn Twilight.jpg
37 KB, 280x475
>>21395686

>"You're sitting, right?" Twilight yells out from the kitchen.
"Yep!
>You put her book in front of you, sliding yours across the table to her place.
>As she comes out of the kitchen, you can't help but notice she cooked triple servings after all. Either she was joking about the game or... or she really enjoyed what happened after.
>She sets your plate in front of you, putting hers right beside you and snuggling up to your side. Damn she didn't notice -
>Her horn shines as she brings your book over to her.
>- oh, she just had priorities. You smile, never imagining that cuddles with you would rate higher than a new book.
>"What's this?" she asks, sitting up.
>You don't answer, simply holding up her book.
>She looks back to yours, eyes sparkling with a new appreciation. She studies the cover front and back several times.
>"Did you pick this book because of the title...?"
"Yes."
>You can't resist teasing her.
"I *really* like dragons."
>She sticks her tongue out at you, opening the book to the first page. She slumps over, snuggling into you - your princess lacks the focus to read, eat, *and* resist the urge to cuddle.
>You open hers, continuing from where you left off.
>Hopefully, Pinkie can get the rest of that series for you. They may not be the *best* novels, you'll readily admit, but they were important. To you at least. Like Twilight and her book, you don't know how many times you've read it.
>And it's not like the story ends with Dragons of Autumn Twilight. Like this story, there is so much more.

And that's the ends for now.
>>
File: 1362568846091.jpg (46 KB, 639x476) Image search: [Google]
1362568846091.jpg
46 KB, 639x476
>>21396297
Mutha
fucking
DRAGONLANCE.
and cuddling, cant forget cuddling.
you are the best writefag.

>and that's the end for now
Still the best writefag.
>>
>>21396297
Well fucking done, son. Dragonlance? They were crap, but they were my childhood. Thanks, writefriend.
>>
File: ZaeedMassani.jpg (10 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
ZaeedMassani.jpg
10 KB, 196x257
>>21396297
That...was guddamn beautiful.
>>
File: 3oqBmsL.jpg (43 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
3oqBmsL.jpg
43 KB, 351x440
>>21396297

BIG. GODDAMN. HEROES.

Based.
>>
>>21396297

Behold his glory. Forever more shall we hold up his great work and "Fuck damn that was one hell of a ride. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside."
>>
>>21396297
That was great writefriend
Thanks for that.
>>
>>21397514
so, I was gone from the internet for around 6 months. Anyone want to explain if there's a difference between writefriend and writefag?
>>
>>21397625

it all depends on whether or not you have a dangly between your legs
>>
>>21397648
I'm pretty sure I've a dangly.
>>
>>21396297
I really enjoyed your story, it had a lot of emotional up and down and the adventure was fun as fuck.

I really hope you will continue to write, it was a highlight for me to wake up every morning to more of your stuff!
>>
>>21394422
inb4 she tranformed human.
>>
File: 1419050546696.jpg (94 KB, 500x725) Image search: [Google]
1419050546696.jpg
94 KB, 500x725
>>21396297
I can't believe I've been following this story for, what has it been now, 3 or 4 nights? Ponies playing table top RPG's, this is some inception level nerdom going on here.

I'm afraid I lack for any constructive feedback, I just wanted to say thank you for the ride.
>>
>>21396297
Thank you for the great story.
>>
>>21396297
Thank you writefriend, thank you. This has been one of the more memorable and enjoyable stories in a long while. Cute, well written and with characters that act like real friends act. I hope that you keep writing as I'd love to read more from you.
>>
>>21399054
Page 7 bump for this tasty story
>>
>>21396297
>Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Aw shit. Motha fucking Dragonlance. I still have a Dragonlance poster my father gave me.
>>
To the Anon who edited http://mulpwiki.org/index.php/Twilight_Game_Night

Please remember that the categories belong to the bottom of the page, so any additional information goes ABOVE of the categories.
Once the writefag releases the edited version of his story, I'll also put the article up to date.

I also removed the butt edits.
I'll interpret it as a way of testing my attentiveness, but please don't do that again!
>>
>>21396297
Amazing tale writefriend. Great characterization (you made me believe that ponk can actually be a character again), believable plot with coherent arcs, cuteness and feels abound, and then the sledge hammer of nostalgia with Dragonlance at the end. This is the best green I have seen on this board in quite some time. Congratulations, and good luck on your future endeavors.
>>
Happy to see Dragonlance was the right choice.

Berry Punch's story will start in a day or two. Have a general idea - a few specific jokes and events in mind. Thinking of Anon running a one-shot of Deathwatch, just so Trixie can be a bitch about humans being wusses when she finds out there's a librarian class. Also Lyra having a handgasm and getting really depressed every time she has to break character. But the important part is it should be a one-shot and Twilight isn't running it.

Much of this story came from suggestions or comments made by anon. Anon thinks Paladin is acting out of character? Oh fuck, he is. Gotta spin this. Anon thinks I should shut up about what's in the bag - yeah, that shit should wait for the epilogue. Anon hasn't led this story astray yet, so... suggestions/demands for Berry Punch's tale?
>>
>>21396297
Thank you writefag for your wonderful story.
>>
>>21400616
Oh god I'm sorry. Added the cloud->butt browser extension, didn't realize that would mess it up.
>>
bump for glory
>>
>>21400848
Who is DM'ing and who is in the group? That'd dictate some of my suggestions.
>>
>>21401901
Cheerilee, Lyra, Trixie, Berry Punch, Anon and Twilight. DM can't be Twilight or Berry Punch, anyone else is open.
>>
>>21402800
this sounds amazing, I am not sure if i'd prefer trixie as DM or player though
>>
>>21402818
>Trixie as a DM
>Every town is named 'Trixiengton, Trixhausen or some other variation of Trixie.
>>
>>21402800
i vote on anon as dm, we have already seen him as a player once
>>
>>21402800
Make anon the DM. He could weave some human influences into the story.
>>
>>21402872
best DM ever
>>
File: Trixie smirking.png (168 KB, 1215x1024) Image search: [Google]
Trixie smirking.png
168 KB, 1215x1024
>"Congratulations anon ! You found the great and powerful blade of purple alicorn slaying! Also your party looted 230 Trix from the bodies of the Twiblins."
>>
>>21403084
I'm in!

But didnt gamenight talk about deathwatch?
Trixie as a space marine is probably even more hilarious
>>
>>21402800
I'm voting Anon for DM. He's gotta have some crazy shit in his back pocket, plus you could throw in some fun pop culture references for laughs. Army of Darkness campaign, Ash as DMPC
>>
>>21403936
Make her an Ultramarine with maxed Command and play her Ward-style! She won't even have to rp!
>"Tremble heretics, for the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie is here to dispense justice!"
>"In the Emperor's name, right?"
>"What? The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie cannot hear you over the sound of how GREAT and POWERFUL she is."
>>
>>21404070
Think I read an old story where one of the characters was Trixie learning how to use the warp from a Thousand Son sorcerer. Wasn't the main focus of the story, but had some fun with her as a troublesome student.
>>
>>21403936
bumping for some fluttershy in deathwatch
>>
>>21404951
You are going to LOVE THE EMPRAH!
>>
File: image.jpg (358 KB, 1308x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358 KB, 1308x676
>>21405032
The Emperor protects.
>>
So... Now that the story is done, does someone wanna alter and rework the campaign so that it can be used in an actual rpg system?
>>
>>21405627
That's a lot of work, considering some may want it as a one off adventure or a full blow campaign. What system would it be ran in?

Honestly, I would probably run it in 13th age. Although 5th edition came out and I've heard it's awesome so idk which would be best.
>>
>>21404951
Fluttershy as a Space Wolf Rune Priest
>"Oh good. I was beginning to worry this game didn't have healers. He sounds nice and fuzzy. I also get a pet wolf? Yay."
Lyra as Iron Hands Techmarine
>"Do you even have to ask, Anon?"
Twilight as Blood Ravens Librarian
>"Librarian. Yes, Anon. Librarian. Did you really expect me to pick anything else? And he's a Blood Raven. What? Why are you laughing? It's a perfectly valid choice!"
Trixie as Ultramarine Librarian
>"Yes, I know the party already has a Librarian. Now it has a *good* one. Better than hers, anyway."
Cheerilee as Raptors Tactical Marine
>"Seriously girls? Everyone went with a support class? Someone has to make some logical choices or we're going to fucking wipe in the first five minutes."
Berry Punch as Dark Angel Devastator
>"I guess that leaves all the heavy lifting to me. Don't worry, I'm used to it."
>>
>>21406512
Oooh myyy yeeeeeeeeesssssss.
I wuv u writefag. Plz take me now in a fashion both rough and passionate.
>>
File: 1377592621473.jpg (933 KB, 955x1107) Image search: [Google]
1377592621473.jpg
933 KB, 955x1107
>>21406512
This pleases me.
>>
>>21406512
soooooo....
when is this getting a pastebin?
>>
>>21406512
>Berry Punch as Dark Angel Devastator
>Berry Punch as Dark Anal Devastator
FTFY.
>>
>>21407561
>Dark Anal Devastator
>not Drunk Anal Devastator

I am disappointed anon
>>
File: Twilight does not like this.png (160 KB, 900x951) Image search: [Google]
Twilight does not like this.png
160 KB, 900x951
>>21406512

"So... Twilight..."
>She looks up from her book - Dragons of Winter Night. You've got to find out how Pinkie Pie is getting these.
>"Yes?"
"Remember when we ran into Cheerilee at the market?"
>"Yes..." She almost frowns at that. Almost, not quite.
"I saw her again, while I was out today."
>There it goes, the corners of her mouth starting to drag downward.
>"And she wants to know if you can play in her game this week?"
>You never did get back to your friend about her invitation. Things have been kind of... hectic. Messy. Fun.
"Kind of. Actually, she heard about *your* game."
>Twilight's eyes light up, her frown disappears.
>"And she wants me to run a campaign for her?" your little princess all-but shouts with joy.
"Actually..."
>You don't know how to say this without getting smacked.
"She asked me to run something."
>You flinch away from Twilight, covering your head with your arms. It's not that she has a temper or anything - you're not worried about ending up on COPS! EQUESTRIA! or whatever they have here. But she can be a bit of a control fr-
>"Sounds fun," she smiles at you. "What do you think you will run?"
"That... depends. There's a system I really liked, and I have all the books on The Device..."
>She bolts upright, standing on her chair, eyes wide open.
>"There are books on The Device?" She looks hurt, like you've been keeping secret treasures hidden from her. Hell, from her point of view you guess you have.
"Is there any way you could copy them?"
>You wave your hand around in the air like it's holding a wand.
"You know, magic them out of there?"
>"I... hrmmm..." She puts a hoof to her chin, deep in thought. "Maybe. I'll have to do some research..."
"But it's possible?"
>"I think so. A standard text duplication spell should be able to copy the information into a blank book." She gives you a weak smile. "Maybe."
"Think you can give it a try?"
>She puts a hoof on your arm.
>"For you, anything."
"Game night is tomorrow."
>>
File: 1377581900854.gif (631 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1377581900854.gif
631 KB, 500x294
>>21407983
>>
File: 1346747466379.jpg (44 KB, 683x473) Image search: [Google]
1346747466379.jpg
44 KB, 683x473
>>21407983
>>She bolts upright, standing on her chair, eyes wide open.
>>"There are books on The Device?"

Now you've fucked up.
>>
>>21407858
kek
>>21408205
many keks
>>
File: Fluttershy scared.png (178 KB, 1047x763) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershy scared.png
178 KB, 1047x763
>>21407983

>She pulls her hoof back sharply.
>"That's pushing it."
"I thought you said 'anything'..."
>"And I thought you said you loved me. But apparently..."
"You can play!"
>"And that's incentive because...?" She looks at you curiously.
"Because you can play a librarian!"
>"I'm in."

>That went easier than you expected, though you have been exiled from the library while Twilight works.
>You lean back in the couch, reading yet another of Twilight's Burrows and Basilisks novels - they're not bad. Not great, but... you know.
>Taptaptap.
>Huh, wind must be blowing harder than you thought out there. You look over to the window - no, the trees are standing perfectly still. It wasn't them hitting anything...
>Eh, must be imagining it. You go back to reading.
>Taptaptap.
>Okaaaaaaay, you weren't imagining it. You look around the room, but see nothing. It couldn't be someone at the door... right?
>Taptaptap.
>"Oh Twilight? Twilight Sparkle? Are you home?"
>Craaaaaaaaaaaaap. You bolt out of the couch, running for the front door.
>"Anon?"
>The visitor barely whispers your name, but you still hear it through the door. You reach for the handle and pull the door open.
>"Anon? Are you -" Fluttershy's sad eyes pop open wide and she blushes as she sees you. "Oh, hello Anon." She ducks her head. "I guess they weren't just rumors..."
>She takes a few steps backwards, like she's trying to leave.
>Oh god damn it Fluttershy.
"Come here, get in here."
>You wave her inside, knowing she would never step hoof inside unless you insisted. She hesitantly takes her first step inside.
"See? It doesn't bite."
>Fluttershy gives you a slight smile, like she doesn't believe you but she's willing to pretend. Her second hoof crosses the threshold. She hesitates again.
>With a sigh, you drop to one knee.
"It's okay..."
>Her eyes dart from side to side, like she's looking for a trap. Oh, such a silly pony.
>It's in plain sight.
>You tackle her as she lifts her hoof for the next step.
>>
>>21408594
What is flutter talking about when she says
>Oh, hello Anon." She ducks her head. "I guess they weren't just rumors..."
>>
>>21408744
Well, she saw them make out the previous night... maybe the rumors are that they're living together now or something? Or maybe she just assumed that they were *really* getting into their roles or something?
>>
>>21408803
She wasn't at the game
>>
>>21408942
Oh, that explains it.
... right, Anon was the 5th player, not the 6th; I had a nagging feeling I was forgetting something. Though can you blame me, it *is* fluttershy...
>>
>>21409046
Oh boy here we go
>>
File: Flutterbutter.png (188 KB, 800x453) Image search: [Google]
Flutterbutter.png
188 KB, 800x453
>>21408594

>Fluttershy rolls over as she falls, hooves flailing wildly in the air.
>"Please don't tickle me!" she screams, as softly as politely as you can imagine someone screaming. Too late. She laughs as your fingers dance over her belly.
>Bampfh.
>You turn just enough to see your marefriend standing behind you.
>"Am I interrupting something?" Twilight asks, mouth drawn in a thin line.
"Yes, I'm tickling Flutt... ooooof."
>While your attention is split, one of Fluttershy's hooves catches you in the chest, knocking you onto your back. Twilight's face looms over you, grinning.
"I might have deserved that..."
>"Oh, I'm sorry!" Fluttershy rights herself, looking at you with concern. "Are you okay...?"
>"Yeah, you did," Twilight answers you, ignoring her friend. She dips her head, kissing you gently.
>Fluttershy squeeks, and both of your heads swivel to face her.
>"I knew Applejack couldn't possibly have been lying, but still..." she shuffles her hooves nervously. "So, it's true...?"
"What's true?"
>"That we're dating?"
"That we're basically living together?"
>"That we're -"
"She doesn't need to know that."
>"You don't need to know that."
>"I don't want to know that!" Fluttershy yells, shaking her head.
"But yes, Flutterbutter. Whatever you've heard, yes."
>"Oh!" Her eyes light up. "So everyone *did* have fun?"
"Okay, maybe I should have clarified things. I'm only sleeping -"
>"DATING!"
"- dating one mare -"
>"I MEANT THE GAME!" Fluttershy screams in panic.
"Oh. Yeah. Everyone had fun with that."
>You look to Twilight for confirmation.
"I think..."
>"Mhm." Your little princess nods in agreement. "It was great. Can't wait for the next session."
>Fluttershy exhales in relief - you suspect she was holding that breath to power her next desperate scream.
>"Speaking of the next session..." she softly hints.
>"Yes, Fluttershy, Twilight smiles. "We would love to have you back."
>"Really...?" the pegasus' eyes sparkle with excitement. "When is the next -"
>>
File: Eyebrow wiggle.gif (277 KB, 262x198) Image search: [Google]
Eyebrow wiggle.gif
277 KB, 262x198
>>21409192

>"Not for three weeks," Twilight answers, anticipating the question.
>"Oh." Fluttershy's head drops.
>From your vantage point on the floor, you can see the disappointment on her face. As fun as she is to tease, you do hate to see her sad.
"Hey."
>She tilts her head up slightly, just enough to see you through her pink mane.
"I've got a thing tomorrow night, if you're free."
>Her ears perk up in interest.
"It's just a one-shot, but you might like it..."
>Watching her try to roleplay this will be worth all the hassle.
>"Burrows and Basilisks?" she asks hopefully.
"No. Deathwatch."
>She cringes.
>"That..." she hesitates for a second, trying to think of a nice way to say it "... that doesn't sound very nice..."
"It's a great game."
>"...I don't know..."
"Your character can have a pet wolf..."
>You wiggle your eyebrows at her in a manner *most* convincing.
>"Okay."
>It might have been the wolf that convinced her, but you're pretty sure it's the eyebrows. Forget friendship - *these* things are magic.

end for tonight
>>
>>21409192
Anon you tickleslut
>>
>>21409500
Looking forward to tomorrow, then!
>>
File: Fluttershy with Wolf Scout.png (884 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershy with Wolf Scout.png
884 KB, 1191x670
>>21407142
pastebinned: http://pastebin.com/Zd75sjAt
Holy crap, there's art of Fluttershy with a Space Wolf! Couldn't find any of her *as* one, though. Might have to fix that.
>>
>>21409192
>>"Oh!" Her eyes light up. "So everyone *did* have fun?"
>"Okay, maybe I should have clarified things. I'm only sleeping -"
>>"DATING!"
>"- dating one mare -"
>>"I MEANT THE GAME!" Fluttershy screams in panic.
kek
>>
File: 1414219778724.png (244 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1414219778724.png
244 KB, 720x720
>>21409500

Sooon.
>>
So did anon and twi fug? I only got the impression he cuddled naked with her but I could be missing some vital subtext here.
>>
Damn, now I kind of want to write something like this with Anon as the Dungeon Master based on a real story.
The real story even includes a Rainbow Dash-like player, except that he's even more couragous.
One of his greatest moments (that's not in the story) would be:

>The party fights some giants on a 20ft high wall
>They kill all the giants, more appear out of a building
>"Can I charge them?"
"You're standing on top of a wll, so unless you can fly, the answer is no."
"However, there's a staircase that would allow you to attack the giants next round."
>"I jump off the wall to attack the giants."
"Are you sure?"
>"Yes."
"You jump off the wall and take <dice roll> 7 points of falling damage."
"You are now prone in front of the giants."
"You still have a standart action left, would you like to do something?"
>"I stand up."
"The giants attack you with their clubs."
>Both hit.
>It's now another player's turn.
>"Oh shit, <name left out>, let me help you."
>The other player also jumps off the wall.
>The giants kill both of them.

The sad part is that the first player has more than three years of experience, but he's shown time and again that he's highly resistant to learning.
>>
>>21412531
>No acrobatics check to land on his feat and mitigate fall damage
what the fuck are you doing anon
>>
>>21412579
He was playing a barbarian, and in D&D3.5 you can only reduce falling damage by 1d6.
Also he really isn't the type of player to think of that.
>>
>>21412757
What a chump. Sif not stand at the top of the stairs and make the giants look at your mighty sword as you kill them.
>>
File: 134574524081.jpg (32 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
134574524081.jpg
32 KB, 600x338
>>
>>21409500
holy shit he's back.
And its glorious.
>>
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!
>>
>>21413589
Page 8 bumps are required for this happening?
>>
>>21414092
Probably.
>>
File: 1420844944247.png (199 KB, 763x1140) Image search: [Google]
1420844944247.png
199 KB, 763x1140
Bump
>>
Mid-level game or no? Min requirements for a Wolf Priest is rank 4. Fluttershy could be a Blood Angel Sanguinary Priest instead...
>>
L8 boomp.
>>
File: 19158207.jpg (553 KB, 2240x1200) Image search: [Google]
19158207.jpg
553 KB, 2240x1200
>>
Maybe we should start bumping this thread with a full recitation of the Codex Astartes, one word per post?
>>
>>21416857
Or the 666 secret words. Won't be surprised if Trixie tries to roll up a Grey Knight.
>>
>>21412757
the fall damage wasn't really my concern. hell I'd have taken all the damage if it meant i could acrobatics out of landing prone.
>>
File: MLP Heresy.png (58 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
MLP Heresy.png
58 KB, 350x350
>>21412531
Do eeeeet.

>>21409500

>"Well, actually Anon..." Twilight shuffles her hooves around nervously. "I think Fluttershy might be right. I read a little bit of it..."
>Translation - she read all of it.
>"... and it really doesn't sound like a nice setting." She grimaces at you. "To start with... you play a fanatical super-soldier designed purely for killing anything and everything that is even the slightest bit different. Your country is engaged in not just one but multiple xenocidal military crusades run by fools, madmen or both. You give unlimited power to omnicidal maniacs and then praise them when they start blowing up planets! PLANETS! Every species is doomed, there are no good guys, and your galaxy faces invasion by what I can only assume are galactic parasprites! And your god - who by the way sounds like he as a horrible person - is dead. Why would you ever want to play this?"
>You reach up to her from the floor, wrapping both of your arms around her neck.
"Twilight, I love you, I really do."
>You pause for a second as she smiles down at you.
"But you're talking heresy."
>>
>>21419180
>"Twilight, I love you, I really do."
>>You puase for a second as she smiles down at you.
>"But you're talking heresy."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZg1c3BAjbk
There's only one course of action.
Had a hearty kek about it.
>>
File: photo-71.jpg (78 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
photo-71.jpg
78 KB, 499x468
>>21419180
Right there on page 20 twilight
>>
File: For Chaos.png (758 KB, 1065x1117) Image search: [Google]
For Chaos.png
758 KB, 1065x1117
>>21419180
When is anon showing Twi his titan?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 137

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.