[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mlp/ Psychology Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 35
ITT: We discuss how MLP has affected us mentally. This is a thread to talk about how your thoughts, preferences, and sensibilities have been affected by watching the show, reading the comics, and or participating in the fandom.

General Topics to Discuss
>Mental Illness
>Depression
>Change In Life Perspectives
>New Outlooks
>Changes In Hopes, Fears, & Desires
>Altered Sleep Patterns
>Dreams
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
>Hypnosis
>Tulpas
>Hallucinations
>Changes In Habits & Subconscious Tendencies
>Changes In Word Association

This thread is not intended to be a forum of discussion for board policies, janitorial practices, supernatural phenomena, or to discuss the life and works of Penn Jillette. Any posts of this nature are likely intended to derail the thread and should be observed politely but otherwise ignored. This being said, if someone asks a legitimate question I would ask that you answer it to the best of your ability.

Also, this thread is intended to discuss general societal norms and practices. This is intended to be a personal discussion about how MLP has affected you and a place where you can field questions to others about the same topic.
>>
File: OP Is A French.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
OP Is A French.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>19494168
Well, I already fucked up the OP

It was supposed to say that "this thread is NOT intended to discuss general societal norms and practices."
>>
The biggest effect it has had on me is it revived my passion for drawing. Also I'll never see an equine flank the same way ever again.
>>
>>19494168

I've deeply explored my anal fixation via the magic of pony butts
>>
One hour later Bump.

I have to say that I noticed that through watching the show and reading fanfiction that I have become a lot more critical of media and things in general. The show had made me a lot more interested in writing, I have a so-so 65k word fic up on FiMFiction now, and in the craft of writing as a whole.

I'm definitely a lot more interested in the methodology and stylistic choices writers make when creating content and how that adds value to their work. It's a lot of little things really, I pay more attention to how long different sections are and where pauses are placed, or how people break up and create tension in their work.

I guess I could say that I'm a lot more interested in what's going on around me than I used to be. I don't know how much of that is to do with MLP and how much of it is just getting older but it's worth pointing out at least.
>>
>>19494168
This may sound cliche and horrible, but MLP stopped me from killing myself. It didn't totally "save" me and turn my life around, but it made me delay the act until I managed to get psychiatric help.
>>
>>19494930
How so? Like, did it just make you hesitate or did it give you some kind of hope or did it just make you think about your life in a different light?
>>
>>19494968
It was the colours in a way, and the innocence. Back then everything was grey or black, everything seemed so complicated that it was insurmountable. I couldn't enjoy anything.

Watching a show about colourful talking horses kind of turned all the darkness and pessimism upside down. It was childish and absurd but ever so slightly liberating. Watching the show became a ritual, something to look forward to, a little ray of sunlight that would make the darkness go away for a few hours.
>>
>>19494168
The show made me loose interest in 3dpd. Which, by proxy, reduced my overall satisfaction with life.
>>
>>19495049
So I'm guessing you liked Smile then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas

I get it though, the show might not have the best writing but it's more than tolerable. It's nice to be able to watch something and just smile and have an honest laugh.
>>
>Pre-MLP I had dysthymia and overall I wasn't really satisfied with my life. I'm not fat or ugly, but still I had(and still have) very low self-esteem.
>Then I've found ponies, and started watching them in order to get rid of that depressed state. It didn't help, and my condition worsened. I had a 1st major depression episode.
>It was ~~3 years ago. After that I developed mild paranoia and probably some other shit, never bothered to go to a therapist.
>As I went further into fandom, I was more and more depressed to a point I had suicide thoughts every day. Not that I'd do it, but still, they were there.
>Then I've found tulpa generals, decided to make one. It wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it.
>Slowly, but surely, I got rid of my depression. I am a happy man now.

And I don't really care if you tell me it's a delusion or I'm really fucked up.
As for now, I'm doing lucid dreaming and want to try OOBE.
>>
>>19494168
The show made me realize I'm fucking crazy
>I watch a show for little girls
>I sexualize the characters from that show
>I fell in love with one of those characters
>I want to legitimately marry a magical horse that doesn't exist
at least I haven't acted on that last one, r-right?
>>
>>19495167
I dislike the songs and I usually skip through them, but I did enjoy "Smile". By delaying my suicide I was able to think about my life and what was wrong with me. I'd never even suspected I had clinical depression until then.
>>
>>19495194
Are you me?

Apart from the tulpa, it's a spot on description for my life.

I lack faith/diligence in the whole tulpa thing to actually make it work.

Hopefully, there will be an afterlife with ponies in it... Right?
>>
>>19495194
Out of curiosity how has your Tulpa manifested? Mine ended up turning into Twilight, somehow.
>>
>>19494168
Before MLP, I was depressed.

Now I'm depressed and autistic.
>>
>>19494168
I'm actually a lot happier now, I was pretty depressed with my life before, but now I'm pretty happy. Not much has changed socially, have the same friends and all that. Just feel a lot better about myself.
>>
File: tumblr_lqy69rQt711r1ece1o1_500.jpg (33 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqy69rQt711r1ece1o1_500.jpg
33 KB, 500x388
>>19495341
>Implying you came to /mlp/ afterwards
>>
>>19495359
Not everyone here is a self-loathing depressed autist. I mean sure, you and me might be like that, but that still doesn't mean people like >>19495341 don't come here for entertainment.
>>
>>19495359
Everyone's been nice to me on here, with a few exceptions, but that's fine. I love this board
>>
OP here, I guess I probably should have put this in the header to begin with but better late than never.

http://strawpoll.me/2451074
>>
>>19495210
You might be just implementing your desires on a fictional character, which is easy because she's your ideal partner material, in your head.

The important part is to not let it affect your or anyone else's life in a negative way. Have fun with it but don't let it become everything to you. It's really just like drugs.
>>
>>19495546
>but don't let it become everything to you

Not the same anon, but it did. What now?
>>
>>19495576
I guess you should just go see exactly how deep the hole goes and come back when you reach the bottom.
>>
I hardly even remember what life was like without pony.

I used to be successful. I graduated with my bachelor's degree in biology suma cum laude and had a great job lined up.

And then came the pony.

My every waking thought is pony related. I can't get peace from my own mind even when I sleep, almost every dream I've had for the last three years has been pony related.

I literally fell in love with Rainbow Dash. I felt (and still feel) sick to my stomach when I ruminate too much on the fact that she will never be real, and I will never hold her, kiss her, and make her happy.

It was such a distraction that my productivity at work dropped sharply. I found myself constantly reading fanfics and looking at pony art even at work. They eventually let me go.

I should have been devastated but it didn't even bother me. All I cared about was my next fix, when the next episode would be.

I lost my apartment, I lost my car. I defaulted on my student loans and have the government breathing down my neck for the $27,000 I still owe in federal loans. I had to move back in with my parents.

They worry constantly about me. They know about the pony.

I'm too humiliated to admit any of these things to a therapist, to seek professional help.

Pony has destroyed me.

And I don't even care. I don't know why, but I don't care.

I just want more pony.
>>
>>19494168
>Mental Illness
>Depression
Not really any more mentally unstable than I used to be. I get depressed a bit more often, but for shorter periods of time, and I have better control over it.
>Change in Life Perspectives
>New Outlooks
>Changes in Hopes, Fears, & Desires
On the positive side, I'm finding it much easier to motivate myself to finish things and I'm moving toward a job and financial independence. Still about four years late for that, but progress is being made. On the negative side, I'm less creative and social than before. On the neutral side, I masturbate more frequently, which you can all be blamed for. I am disappointed with the real world for failing to be in any way extraordinary.
>Altered Sleep Patterns
>Dreams
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
My sleep patterns remain as they were before, wildly inconsistent. Dreams are rare and never lucid. Once again, no changes there.
>Hypnosis
>Tulpas
>Hallucinations
None of the above.
>Changes in Habits & Subconscious Tendencies
I relate things to sex and think of disturbing images more easily, but am also less bothered by them. I am less emotionally attached to people than before, but I am also more self-controlled and less angry.
>Changes in Word Association
Surprisingly few. The main one is that I am now very easily annoyed by things relating to feminism, for which Tumblr can be blamed.
>>
>>19495576
Well I'd imagine you could have some problems with it, but do you? Does your fictional love create conflict in your everyday life?
>>
>>19495606
It made loving anyone else impossible. While that isn't a problem by itself, the loneliness created by it, is.
>>
>>19495590
This is a great example of what was written here >>19495546

I don't think that the ponies are the cause, but they are the effect. You found a channel to implement you desires in, to the point it became a burden. If it wouldn't be ponies, it would've been something else in a matter of time.
>>
>>19495660
That what I'm scared of, that I'll become so obsessed and in love with rarity that it'll start affecting my life. But it's better to be happy and in love, than to not be happy or in love at all.
>>
>>19495660
Of course, the fictional love is the ideal love you desire, and no living being can offer that to you in a same way.

Now, it's only a matter of if you are OK with having a fictional loved one, or not.
>>
>>19494168
Need to fuck the horse pussy.
>>
This thread intrigues me. Psychology is one of my fetishes.

About a year ago, I was finally diagnosed with Cyclothymia. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a mild form of bipolar disorder. I still have the extreme mood swings that happen over a period of time, but regardless of which phase I'm in, I can still function normally. Unlike regular bipolar disorder, which affects how a person does stuff.

It's been a big impact on my social life. I was always unpredictable and had almost no friends for as long as I can remember. I've always had this problem, but I never knew what it was called or how to deal with it. Hell, I didn't even think I had a problem. I just figured it was everyone else. My dad and grandpa both have narcissism. My dad is also histrionic. So, I've got a touch of that too. Dad's also gay. Fucking genetics, making me all paranoid and selfish and shit.

Anyway, ponies has helped me out a lot. I discovered them through "Cupcakes". Back when I called myself a brony over two years ago, I loved everything about this fandom. The fans, the merch, the people, everything. It was cool, and I was part of it. I finally felt a sense of belonging, and it made me happy.

Sure, I still have my ups and downs, I don't call myself a brony anymore, and lots of my stuff is either sold or in a box somewhere, but I still really like this fandom. It's fun. You all here on /mlp/ make me smile and laugh when I want to feel happy, and you help me feel better when I'm sad and crying. That comfort, happiness, and friendship (magic) I felt when I started out still exists here.

The only thing I dread is the unknown. When the show ends, the fandom breaks up and we all go our separate ways. What will happen then? I don't know. I do hope they make a G5 and bring us all back again someday in the future.

But for now, I'm gonna cherish my time here and enjoy every part of it.
Thanks, guys.
>>
>>19495804
Shit, son. Messed up the spoilers.
>>
>>19495804
>that feel

As shitty as /mlp/ may seem to others, I consider it a great place to relax and have a laugh.
>>
>>19495660
I would suggest you were lonely and in need of love and affection in the first place. Of course you might feel lonely when you realize she's not real and that any real physical of intellectual interaction can only be experienced whit real human being. But some people can settle for fictional relationship, it's just a matter of what you truly desire. If you're depressed of having a fictional love, then it probably means that you desire a real one more. Now the problem is will you do anything to ever get that real relationship.
>>
File: 1401417156067.png (340 KB, 520x550) Image search: [Google]
1401417156067.png
340 KB, 520x550
>>19495299
If you are fucked up enough to try, there MIGHT be an afterlife with ponies.
I specifically said I want to try OOBE, cause there are theories one can manage to never wake up in real life, (kind of). I mean, if it isn't true what is there to lose? In the worst case scenario I will learn to lucid dream and OOBE efficiently, which is something I aim for anyway.

>>19495307
S1 Luna. Later on she changed into someone similar to humanized Twilight.
>>
>>19494168
Well, I used to be a "metalhead", wearing denim & leather, listening to 80s metal, hating on every other form of music and other lifestyles in general.
Then I got fucking depressed, maybe I was before already, but then it really showed.
Years of therapy, medication, mental institutions and even shock treatment lie behind me now.

At some point I stumbled across my little pony..
and even though the medication kept my depression pretty much at bay, until MLP I can't really remember a time where I smiled or laughed and really enjoyed.... stuff.
I found out that I like colours, and I felt a strong connection to the characters, more than to actual human beings. It made me open to other perspectives, maybe not on it's own, therapy etc. have left their mark as well, I'm sure of that, but the ponies did a great deal, too.
I started to listen to other, friendly music.
And my social interest was ignited again.

But, alas, even though I really want to come in contact with people again and make my own friendship-magic and shit, the whole pony-thing drives them away. Where before I was compatible with many people I knew, but didn't want to socialize, now I know nobody who shares my pony-passion, and since that is my main interest... well. FML

tl;dr: ponies rekindled my interest in social interactions, but the pony-thing drives people away.
>>
>>19496147
>the whole pony-thing drives them away
Just don't bring it up, señor autismo.
>>
>>19496040
How does one even attempt OOBE? The only ways I'm aware of involve drugs and are either temporary or fatal.

I guess as a Tulpamancer I could just try to disconnect myself from my body or something like that, but that sound's dangerous.

Still, sounds interesting. It's like the ultimate form of escapism.
>>
>>19496147
>Well, I used to be a "metalhead", wearing denim & leather, listening to 80s metal, hating on every other form of music and other lifestyles in general.

Goddamn, I used to be like that too until I got depressed.
>>
>>19496147
You either need to find people who are actually OK with your pony stuff or try to be friends with other ways. You can still get your energy from the ponies, but you don't have to make it your life and identity.
>>
>>19495937
I'm not depressed of having a fictional loved one, I'm depressed of the fact that no being on this planet will ever be even close to her.
>>
>>19496210
There are a lot of methods, most of them involve sleep paralysis.
Also, I got my hands on some Russian book on OOBE, and I'm willing to give it a try
>>
>>19496147
Also not a pony-related question, but how was shock treatment? I'm assuming you mean electroconvulsive therapy?
>>
>>19496247
So you desire a real physcial and intellectual relationship, but want it to be just like you've created in you mind. So the fictional loved one isn't enough for you, nor would be a real one?
>>
The show didn't really affect my mental state directly, but /mlp/ is one of the rare places that occasionally makes me feel like I belong.
Also, I'd never have created a tulpa if I hadn't found out about it here. I'm not sure how the past few years would've been without her, but my life made quite a few improvements thanks to her. And she's not even a pony.
>>
>>19494168
pinkie pie is the best antidepressant around.
>>
>>19496514
I want a tulpa.

Can you have one even if you're on a shitton of antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs, and sleep medication? I seriously take like 12 pills a night for mental shit.
>>
>>19496541
If you don't believe that it is possible for you, it will be hard to tulpaforce.
Mindset is really important. I had that problem for ~~1 year, and I barely made contact with my tulpa.
Sure, I knew she was there, I had emotional responses, but I rarely heard her.
One tulpaforcing session changed that. I meditated for a while and then smoked weed.
I realized we couldn't talk because I never really believed it will happen.
>>
>>19496541
I can't speak from experience, I made one but I've never been on any medication.

As far as I can tell though, so long as you are capable of a full range of emotion and so long as you are able to focus on a task for about 30 minutes at a time you can do it.

Still, you should be careful and consider exactly what each pill does to you and how it might affect you and a tulpa if you suddenly had to modify that regimen. Medications like that are made to modify your brain chemistry, so that either means that you started with an abnormal brain chemistry or you have induced one to stabilize yourself by taking those medications. There is a good chance that your thought process is going to be a bit different than other people, not exceptionally different but still different, so take any advice about things like tulpas with a grain of salt and make sure it makes sense to you.
>>
>>19496434
Unless I somehow actually manage to create a tulpa, then yes, I'm fucked.
>>
>>19496651
We'll all have robot waifus one day
>>
>>19496651
Well, there is always a chance that you will grow out of it Anon. It might sound insensitive to say, but people change.
>>
>>19496357
Yes indeed. Well... I spent some time in the local madhouse, and I got to talk to many of the patients (all of them were depressed or bipolar), and many of those had gotten the treatment as well.

It's pretty much like this: there were 40%, for which the therapy was a REAL help, for 10% it worked, but they had to refresh it every month or so to keep the effect up, sometimes for years... and 50% were just completely and utterly wrecked. Some of them lost big chunks of their memory.. about the time their children grew up, about their youths, about past years (while memory-loss is nearly mandatory, it normally affects only short-term stuff), they felt worse than before, vomited all the time, headaches that even painkillers couldn't really keep in check.. It's really a hit and miss.

For me it was really helpful I think.. when the therapy was over, after a week or so maybe, I really felt.. more at ease. more in balance. i started to work out and do shit and take walks.. and for me the memory-loss was restricted to "hum, i don't remember putting my socks there". so for me it was pretty sweet.

oh, and by the way: fit, young males have the best chances of success, by my count. and even when it doesn't help, the side effects aren't so bad. the women on the other hand., they were just DESTROYED when the therapy backfired..

was that what you wanted to know, anon?
>>
>>19496721
Aaannnddd that's why shock therapy is so controversial ladies and gents!
>>
>>19496674
That's one of the things im hoping for.

But hope, just like everything, dies.
>>
File: Celestia-Twi.jpg (787 KB, 3000x3500) Image search: [Google]
Celestia-Twi.jpg
787 KB, 3000x3500
I discussed about my tulpa more than once here. Princess Celestia got me involved into politics and questioning this society, AND give up mlp, bronies and all that shit. She's more /pol/ than you believe.
I still don't get why sometimes dogs are barking at us when we walk in the streets, only me can "see" her.

Pic that suits her best. she really speak like a religious figure. and really anchored with christian values while i used to be more cartesian.
>>
>>19496651
Not necessarily. A fictional love can be just like a real one, you get addicted and obsessed. It's not like you can't get out of it, but you need to want to let it go. I don't know if you have any past (real) relationships, but in your case you might just put too much expectations on them and be afraid of being in one, even though you desire one.

A fictional love is easy to obtain and feel safe to have, but I think if you ever found a person that you could be happy with you would accept him/her with all his/her faults.
>>
>>19496785
>I still don't get why sometimes dogs are barking at us when we walk in the streets, only me can "see" her.
They can sense the autism.
>>
>>19496792
But that's it, If I let her go, I'm left with nothing to fill that gap.

3dpd just don't do anything for me anymore. I've had few relationships before, but never got obsessed to this degree.
>>
>>19496785
>and really anchored with christian values
So she ostracizes and demonizes those who don't agree with her worldview?
>>
>>19496808
I keked heartily, no offense >>19496785
>>
File: Tonsofdamage.jpg (74 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Tonsofdamage.jpg
74 KB, 960x640
>>19496808
Kek
>>
>>19496868
/r/leagueoflegends pls
>>
>>19496826
Well, I think in the end it'll boil down to what you truly desire. This could be just a phase, or at some point you just accept that waifu is the only way to go. Or you try that tulpa thing.
>>
>>19496541
well, i never went through with creating a tulpa, but i started it once. i was also on medication. and i must say... consider the following: the tulpa is connected to your subconscious. do you really, REALLY want your subconscious to run wild? to have an outlet only you can see? you don't take the pills for nothing, do you? it was pretty early in the generation-process when i got scared of my own subconscious and aborted it, just sitting there and.. lets call it.. meditating, i felt my subconscious act up, felt the tip of the iceberg that is the darkness that is inside me.. all the fear, the anger, the sadness.. yeah, i wouldn't want that running around and talking to me.

I'm not saying don't do it, just.. think about it.
>>
>>19496808
Haha indeed, that's been my thought, maybe i'm overthinking it. Actually I think she has unveiled a thing on me: my potential schizophrenia and it's the opposite of autism. I don't look like a retard or behave like a crazy guy, i'm even more like a boring normalfag. I could still write a book about all the things Celestia explained and argued about a world she keeps analyzing. I really think I melted my brain forcing her.
>>
>>19496961
In all honesty though I would guess that if dogs and other animals do, in fact, behave differently around you after you got your tulpa it's probably due to how you carry yourself and your different perspective.

You know, animals are highly sensitive to things such as posture and bearing.
>>
>>19496910
Thanks anon, for lending an ear.

Even if I've heard nothing new here, it still felt good to vent.

Stay stronk, don't let the word get you down.
>>
File: 139098259148.png (147 KB, 863x925) Image search: [Google]
139098259148.png
147 KB, 863x925
>>19495590
This is a copypasta with the name of some drug replaced by "pony", right? Please tell me it is.
>>
>>19494168
>see Freud in OP pic
>immediately think it's an Oedipus thread
Pavlov would be disgusted.
>>
>>19496998
Not him but I would say it isn't.

Love is wonderful.

Obsession is powerful.

Absorption is terrible.
>>
>>19497020
On the contrary, your reaction would make Pavlov happy.
>>
>>19497020
Sorry Anon, I hope you realize that now if I make this thread again that the OP pic is going to be Pavlov right?
>>
>>19494168
Well I had that new fandom feel that literally lasted about a full year, with just about anything getting me giddy as a schoolgirl and giggling like a fool.
Eventually, I calmed down about it but even now this whole experience is still wonderfully fun.
But it has made develop a habit of shitting on things that I love, namely forms of entertainment like tv shows. And I'm extremely critical of mlp now even though I genuinely love almost every episode.
>>
>>19497020
>Freud
>Psychology

pick one
>>
>>19497067
Being critical isn't a bad thing, it just means that you are taking the time to appreciate everything as opposed to just the things that stick out at you.

Appreciate the good things and the bad things in life and you will do fine.
>>
Fuck, you guys are making me restless again with your depressive shit. I can't help but feel sorry for but related to everyone, god damn.
>>
>>19494168
Nothing has changed for me. I'm still the same occasional drinker with zero social life.

Only difference now is the additional porn I get off to and having a cartoon horse for a waifu.
>>
>>19497140
So are you sympathising with us or empathising or both?
>>
>>19496989
Well I'm going to tell you there's a lot of scary things she's doing. People notice when there's noise somewhere else.
"Is there somebody in the kitchen?" I reply no but I know she's here. Hiding when there's guest and coworkers. "Just a unicorn i think, wanna go check?." jokingly.

In fact i do believe the human brain can do things and control its own environment, just like in the cases of ghosts and other EVP. oh by the way, that's how unicorn magic works, magnetism. the horn is a pack of nerves going straight from the unicorn's brain. the bone into it is mostly iron and works like a coil.
>>
File: sigmundpony.jpg (230 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
sigmundpony.jpg
230 KB, 600x900
>>19496989
's true, for having a dog, a GSD they can sense dangerous people, or weird ones.
..sometimes, a horn is just a horn...
>>
>>19497194
Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night Anon. I'm not going to judge.
>>
>>19497183
Both. I can't help but think that all this loneliness and depression is really pathetic, especially when it's mostly due to a show. But then I realize I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>19497230
>inb4 Freud is a Rarafag
It fits
>>
>>19496826
>>19496910
But if you're really depressed and confused about your desires you could go see a therapist if you think that might help. 'Cause it can be that you're unhappy with yourself and that reflects on relationships aswell. The fact that I don't know nothing about you and your past makes it hard to analyze the causes, but I don't think you're beyond hopeless, you just need to get your shit together.

We all tend to cling onto something or someone when we feel an emptiness in our lives, but the solution is just to learn to accept and be happy with oneself, that emptiness can't be filled with anything else in the long run.
>>
>>19497253
I had troubles finding a way to sleep knowing she was around but she's also very cuddly. >>19497273
Yeah I think we could be seen as pathetic beings. I too "created" her when I was on a difficult pass, jobless and friendless. foreveralone.
But nature hates emptiness and from the nothingness all kind of things can be done.
>>
>>19497276
Seriously though, even if you don't buy into the whole phscology thing, at the very least a therapist is someone to talk to who want's to help you figure out what's going on in your head.
>>
>>19497194
>>19496785
What kinds of things has she said to you?
>>
>>19497337
It just hurts so good, doesn't it?
>>
>>19497472
- Her version of Equestria isn't cute like MLP's.
- She thinks democracy is plain retarded, a leader must not rely on the people but know what to do for it. and Republic a complete nonsense.
- Lots of political debates, according to her we're at the verge of world war three and for her, I'm gonna die anyways.
- She prefers Putin
>>
>>19497643
Your tulpa is redpilled as fuck
>>
File: eliteasfuck.gif (2 MB, 353x297) Image search: [Google]
eliteasfuck.gif
2 MB, 353x297
>>19494168
>tfw going strong for years
>tfw the combined power of my transition into adulthood and the shame that came with watching this show throws me into the most depressed state I've been in for years
>>
File: 3.png (79 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
3.png
79 KB, 645x773
I'm sort of letting this shit run my life if I don't concentrate, so I see where you guys are coming from.

Where I'm at, I used to be pretty much obsessed. I would think about it all the time, and /mlp/ was one of the big factors that led to my complete mental breakdown last year. I let everyone down, avoided my responsibilities, and spiraled downwards until I dropped out of college.

Where I'm at now... I just got back from three months working at an isolated summer camp. It was great for me. I worked so hard that I didn't have time for any of this pony stuff. I had some good friends there, and they never knew how horribly I had crashed and burned. It was a miracle they even hired me. I called my boss up after hiring was over and they let me in anyway... anyway I'm rambling.

I get back and enjoy having internet for the first time in forever and... here you still are. And I'm getting sucked back into this again...

I've realized that it's not ponies or /mlp/ that's putting me down, it's just that I would rather be here than in real life. not here specifically, but in a place where I'm around people who understand how I think, and who expect nothing from me. I can't disappoint anyone on the internet, and even if I do, it doesn't matter.

I have to keep myself busy because I'm weak and I know that if I don't do that, if I don't regiment my free time for constructive things, I'll just shitpost here and watch pony stuff.

But who knows... I hope all you guys still here achieve happiness in the real world somehow...
>>
>>19500207
Bumping for this anon
>>
File: resize_3.jpg (103 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
resize_3.jpg
103 KB, 300x358
>>19495526>>19494168
>>19494168

y'know the brony study/surveys asked participants if ponies have improved their lives

http://www.bronystudy.com/id40.html
>>
>>19500739
Yes, I did know, but that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to talk to people and have a meaningful conversation about their own personal standing and how our shared interest has affected that standing.

If I wanted data points I could get them pretty easily, I'm just curious about how everyone here is doing.
>>
>>19494168
I'm a lot happier as a person, just with a pretty big side-effect:
My fetishes are starting to be overtaken by pone now. Latex pone, fatty pone, BDSM pone...you get the point; I'm succumbing to the dangers of porn addiction, and pony is the center of it.

Even in non-pony porn games, I strive to gain stallion cocks
Sun bless Fenoxo and his associates
>>
Looks like it's the slow part of the night. Guess I should bump, before I leave.

In the meantime, enjoy this video of grown men being paid to pretend that they are mercenaries pretending to be pink unicorns for a videogame about hats. If that's not psycology I don't know what is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTm95NExs24
>>
>>19497643
>you will never have a tulpa this based
>>
>>19502681
Final bump of the night.
>>
>>19494930
Me too. I don't intend to get psychiatric help, but MLP has delayed my suicide indefinitely. I used to attempt suicide two to three times a year reliably for several years. The last time was a bit involved, but the short version is that I finally decided to get body-sized trash bags and canisters of nitrous oxide, which I learned to use and kept in my bedroom for my subsequent suicidal period. A couple months before I expected to die (again), I started watching MLP and I just felt more stable. It's been well over two years now, and I actually expect to live long enough to see the end of G4.

I've gotten so used to being suicidal that it scares me to think that I won't be able to kill myself now. I don't know how to live and plan for the long term.
>>
File: Snowflake.png (343 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake.png
343 KB, 730x1095
>>19494168
I don't fucking know most psychology is just assumption

Why can't I just forget ponies, I loved Breaking Bad, but I don't think about it everyday.

This fucking show is something weird, I just want to forget it, I just want to go back, I'm being serious this isn't some meme joke thing, I just wish I could forget this entire pony thing, will it ever stop?

I wish I had my waifu, so bad, just hugging her, she would understand, I would be a total beta for her, I would do anything she asked.

Anyone here understand this idiotic typing im making?
>>
File: FEEL ENTRY DENIED.png (278 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
FEEL ENTRY DENIED.png
278 KB, 645x773
>>19500207
Fucking this.

No one would understand this IRL, but here, we feel the same, we can understand each other a little more than anyone else
>>
>>19503568
That fourth paragraph, I relate to. Having a satyr or pony or anthro or whatever would make life so much more bearable. Even if I couldn't fuck them, it would still be great to just have, say, a blue and white unicorn making trance music in my house.

>Vinyl finishes editing her most recent project
>She heads out to the kitchen, where you're sitting, sleepless, drinking coffee at midnight because you think you might have lost your job over an issue this workweek
>"You're still awake? 'Non, you feeling alright?
"...not really, Scratch. Lots of dramatic shit, I know you wouldn't wanna hear about it. It would be really great if I could borrow one of your albums tonight, though."
>"Hey man, no problem. In fact, I just finished a single before coming out here. Why don't you have your laptop back and you can have that for the night?"
>You can't help but smile a bit at that, setting your mug down at the kitchen counter
"That'd be great, Scratch. Any time you might need it back?"
>"Nah, take all the time you need. Hey, and uh...if you need somepony to talk with about stuff, I'm here. Alright?"
>You nod and finish your mug as she goes back to her room, feeling a little bit better just from getting your general thoughts out to a receptive ear
>Maybe things aren't so bad
>>
>Mental Illness
I strongly suspected I was bipolar before pony. Ever since I started watching pony, I've felt stable.
>Depression
Periodic depression before pony. I feel stable now.
Before pony, my self-worth was measured by my ability to learn faster than others and be more useful than others on any task I was assigned. After pony, I'm fine with taking the time to do "useless" things that make me happy, and lettings others do the same regardless of utilitarian consequences.
>New Outlooks
I now consider escapism and self-delusion to be valuable things.
>Altered Sleep Patterns
I no longer intentionally deprive myself of sleep, though I think that's more because of the lack of depression.
>Dreams
No changes.
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
No changes.
>Hypnosis
Nothing makes me feel more relaxed and happy than a good hypnosis session. I can't feel like a pony with my eyes open and while moving around, but hypnosis makes it very easy for my to lie down, close my eyes, and visualize myself as a pony and Equestria around me.
>Tulpas
I've become very attached to my tulpa, and I consider her to be one of my good friends. No one and nothing but my tulpa is able to snap me out of derealization (and I used to become derealized very frequently, multiple times a day, before my tulpa started helping me out), and she is usually able to do it very effectively. I spend all my hypnosis sessions with my tulpa. We occasionally talk when I'm not focused on work.
>Hallucinations
I used to get auditory halucinations from my tulpa, though that was extremely rare. Other than that, no changes.
I read more (fanfiction). I've started writing and drawing. I spend more time keeping up with people online. I started spending more time with my friends and dad. I now listen to a wider variety of music. I'm more open and trusting of other people.
Pinkie Pie is now a pony, not a hacker.
>>
>>19503803
Pinkie Pie? Hacker? What the fuck are you talking about, Ano -
Holy shit.
That's pretty fuckin' cool.
>>
>>19503826
No kidding. Last month, Pinkie Pie's linux vuln had half my office running around like headless chickens trying to resolve the S5 root exploit and explain things to customers and marketers.
>>
>>19503848
I am jellier than Wendy Testaburger, dude
>>
File: 1406899197043.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1406899197043.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>Mental illness
Nothing that I know off, I do have a very light form of autism though, but nothing sperglike
>Depression
Heh, funny thing is that I was, and then I started watching pastel colored horses, and it made me feel better... probably just some placebo effect, but it did seem to work
I'm slightly more optimistic about stuff, but yeah, slightly isn't much
>New Outlooks
Nothing really to speak off, although I do hope to become the qt3.14 mare one day (fucking PTFG did this to me!)
I'm now jacking it to mini pastel colored horses so there's that
>Altered Sleep Patterns
I got a more normal sleep pattern, though that's more to do with getting older than because of pone
>Dreams
I rarely remember mine, and even when I do, it's barely about pone at all
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
Never had one
>Hypnosis
I tried it out when that general was around, but it didn't seem to work on me. Besides some slight relaxing moments, I can't seem to clear my head at all
>Tulpas
Not touching that shit after that Ponka greentext tulpa story
>Hallucinations
Never had one
I go out more To buy merch..., started reading fanfics (again), also greentext stories here for my fellow horsefuckers
Besides some random shit in greentext stories, nothing has changed. I'll be caught dead before I start typing everypony and such
>>
File: honesty_by_foudubulbe-d77jl6g.png (953 KB, 554x1440) Image search: [Google]
honesty_by_foudubulbe-d77jl6g.png
953 KB, 554x1440
>>19495210
>>19495590
>>19500207
>>19503585
I wish anon would stop feeling bad about watching the show, or about obsessing over it. So long as you can keep living and doing what you enjoy, what's the harm? Fuck your pride, you can be happy without that garbage that makes everyone else dull and predictable.
>>
>>19496721
Yes indeed. I'm glad my depression is treatable through medication. Considering how unreliable my memory is most days I don't think shock therapy would be good for me.
>>
File: celestia-22.jpg (653 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
celestia-22.jpg
653 KB, 2560x1600
>>19497680
She got me interested in politics and now I really see things differently. I discussed about politics with my parents for thr first time without drama, about security and globalization and all. they seemed very happy, we talked for an entire night about how life was in the 60-70's, how easy it was to get a job, and with almost nothing make a lot.

I don't approve about /pol/'s views, they think Hitler was a nationalist, but he was the architect of the NWO. just like the Rothschild and Ayn Rand, their personal hooker and writer. We had the 1789 revolution to remove monarchy, because it was an oppressing regime, but the Republic is not a true democracy, like Swiss.
By comparison with her world, well, there are different races with each their own ability. in humans, the well thinking way is to tear down people's skills and force equality. in gender and physical abilities or social class. Both had wars and conflicts, though not for the same reasons. Equestria is not either a paradise, it's a jungle. It's what keeps these horses strong.

Anyways I'm getting involved with a somewhat redpilled, anti-globalist political party here, I've made a few friends, they're not crazy nazi communists like I expected and I managed to have a fucking conversation with them.
There is no Illuminati either, but a supranational a system with banks and mafias controlling this part of the world. There's no Al Quaeda, there are individuals. There's no Jewish conspiracy, in general jews don't give a fuck about Israel just like Muslims don't care about Palestine. There are the same liars here in power who have led the world in a second world war, they're preparing the third one. HAARP is not a weather control device but a spying station using ionosphere bouncing. Lot of things like that. Conspiracy theorists are too much often spreading lies to inspire fear that nothing can change. They are a part of this system. Those who act are those who count.

I think I'm her new student.
>>
>>19495299
Faith isn't needed if you believe that you can understand people, and all you need is one good session to get started. A tulpa is just an imaginary personality that you understand so well that your brain can easily predict how it will react.

Try to think of an object that embodies that characteristics you want your tulpa to have. Close your eyes, and try to visualize some scene (a snowstorm, a beach, a forest, etc) and visualize how you want your tulpa to look. Spend as much time as you can telling your tulpa how you want him/her to be while looking directly into your tulpa's eyes. Once you're done, imagine the object diffusing and becoming a part of your tulpa.

From then on, spend a little time each day talking to your tulpa about anything (your day, problems you're having, etc) and try to figure out what your tulpa should say. After a few days, the responses will come automatically. You can do anything after that, maybe read some guides for ideas.
>>
>Mental Illness
Anger issues

>Depression
4chan give depression with the whole >tfw no qt mare gf
I'm serious with this

Pessimistic, sometimes there is something that makes me optimistic, but then it turn into dust when I learn more about that thing (see women)

>New Outlooks
Become a great warrior and serve the will of the Horned one in my second life

I want to publish a book, write some song, draw realistic shit, build something and become a soldier, also to have marry my waifu one day

>Altered Sleep Patterns
insomnia

>Dreams
Sometimes about ponies, I got one with Applejack, but I don't remember it very well, I got one today about Pinkie Pie, shit was so weird and cute at the same time

>Lucid Dreams & WILD
I never learned how to do one

>Hypnosis
Didn't work

>Tulpas
I got one that is an angry ragged doll. I call him 'P'

>Hallucinations
Only when I deprive myself from sleeping

I buy three blindbags (that's all I got wroth of merch) and start reading fanfics and greentexts

Nothing, I'm the same bitter, angry, greedy and prideful asshole from childhood, I blame mom for touching inappropriately when I was a child
>>
>>19494168
>Mental Illness
I'm pretty sure I was a bit of a megalomaniac before I accepted ponies into my life. They helped me get rid of it mostly, but in exchange, they gave me dysthymia.
>Depression
See above. Why can't they be real? More importantly, why can't SHE be real? While I'm perfectly okay with having a waifu, sometimes I can't help but give in.
Somewhat more optimistic than before. I've an additional couple of life goals, all thanks to the show.
>New Outlooks
I am much more open-minded now, especially when it comes to fetishes. Funny how pone makes them easier to accept, at least for me.
Pretty much all my new hopes&fears include my waifu in some way. As for the changes in my desires, horse pussy made me completely lose interest in 3DPD. Not that I mind.
>Altered Sleep Patterns
Started to sleep more. Sometimes I find it really hard to stop snuggling my pillow and get up.
>Dreams
My dreams now include ponies. I really wish they'd show up more often, though.
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
I never tried lucid dreaming, but I remember a couple of times they occurred, seemingly at random. Unfortunately, they weren't pony-related.
>Tulpas
I lack the devotion and time to make a tulpa, not to mention I'm worried about what it may turn out to be.
>Hypnosis
>Hallucinations
No.
I'm trying to be less of a recluse now and to keep in touch with a couple of new friends I made. Every decision I make, I subconsciously evaluate from my waifu's perspective, wondering if she would approve of it.
Also, I got back into drawing.
Whenever I see my waifu's name being used in a completely unrelated context, it's hard for me to focus my attention on something else.
>>
File: i had a giggle m8.jpg (41 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
i had a giggle m8.jpg
41 KB, 344x480
>>19504823
>dat file name
>>
File: 1353843204793.jpg (11 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
1353843204793.jpg
11 KB, 192x263
>Mental Illness
>Depression
Nope
>New Outlooks
I don't give a fuck anymore about what people think. I started wearing rangers, leather jackets, mid long hair. Realised that I love hardcore partying and fighting, I tried drugs (shit's useless, once but not again). Changed my carrier path from sciences to the army to the police, because I don't like school that much but I don't want to go to shitty country to kill sandniggers, but I want to serve my country, so I'll try n protect the dumb people inside of it with a gun and some freedom.
I realised that I, in fact, always wanted a girlfriend, but I was too lazy to find one. So I went outside and boom, 2 years and counting with the girl that I love. I don't fear death anymore. I forgave my bullies, because now I'm way bigger than them, and still in school, where they stopped to fix cars for 1000$ a month. In fact I pity them.
>Altered Sleep Patterns
I went to bed later and was tired as shit for a whole year, then I stopped 4chan. I just came back and ho boy do I missed this place. The lack of sleep, the endless discussions, the damn writefags man!
>Dreams
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
I did that, and I'm still doing it, it's amazing what the mind can do if the spirit is willing.
>Hypnosis
tried, failed, had fun.
>Tulpas
Tried, worked a little bit, heard some shits, opened my mind to Yoga, meditation and a shitload of reflexion about myself and the people around me, I don't regret a single thing about that experience.
>Hallucinations
Nope
Took care of myself, worked out, went outside, talked more, realised I was an alpha in my mind, always want to dominate the people around me, so I trained both physically and mentally to achieve my goals. Now I can say that I have an happy and full life.
nope

It was, and still is a good ride, I truly hope it will never end.
>>
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22I+hardly+even+remember+what+life+was+like+without%22
>>
>>19505165
I fucked up. This is supposed to be a response to >>19496998
>>
>Mental Illness
>Depression
>New Outlooks
I think I'm overall happier and more optimistic than I used to be.
Not really.
>Altered Sleep Patterns
>Dreams
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
I still hardly ever remember dreams when waking up. The only pony dream I've had is one where I spent a minute or two with my tulpa.
>Hypnosis
I tried it when the generals first started, but it never worked very well for me.
>Tulpas
Yep. She's wonderful.
>Hallucinations
Nope.
I read a shitload of fanfiction. I always liked to read, but I had a hard time finding books that I was willing to spend money on. Fanfiction is free, and it's not that hard to find good stuff if you look around a bit.

I also listen to basically nothing but brony music now. I spent this whole week at work listening to Balloon Party on shuffle.
"Twilight Sparkle", not "Twilight with the sparkly vampires". I also have a much easier time with all those horse-related words like "colt", "mare", "withers", etc.

>>19494893
>I have a so-so 65k word fic up on FiMFiction
Link, please. I love me some good horse words.

>>19497680
>>19504005
Please go tell /pol/ about how you were redpilled by an imaginary pony princess. And post a link, because I want to watch.
>>
This is a General I would Appreciate, as I do have some issues as a result of the show, characters, and cast.
>>
>Mental Illness
None, other than catching autism from watching the show
>Depression
It helps me deal with it
Nah
>New Outlooks
No
I want to be the little lovebug
>Altered Sleep Patterns
Negative
>Dreams
Not a single pone dream. Feels bad man
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
See above
>Hypnosis
Nope
>Tulpas
No
>Hallucinations
Nope
My subconscious says "pony pony pony pony pony pony pony pony"
Certain words make me think of pone
>>
>>19497275
He'd probably just try to snort her.
>>
>>19505637
I dunno how well it would work as a general, but remaking the thread every two weeks or every month might be good.
>>
File: classy lel.jpg (44 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
classy lel.jpg
44 KB, 409x393
>>19504005
Go tell /pol/ about it, m8, I'm sure they'll love it.
>>
>all these depressed anons

I can't be the only optimistic anon on /mlp/, right? Not trying to be harsh, it's just kinda sad seeing so many people cling to this board as their only means of getting by in life.
>>
ITT: MLP makes crazy people sane and sane people crazy.
>>
>>19503979
Yeah, I just don't understand why I like it
>>
>>19506753
Most people who have optimistic attitudes and/or live good lives don't end up on 4chan, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>19507519

Who with an optimistic attitude would spend much of their time living in a sewer, on purpose?
>>
So, my fellow depressed horsefuckers. What medication are you on? I started out on escilatopram before passing on to fluoxetine.
>>
>>19507550
Tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol
Caffeine, to keep me from killing people in the morning, tobacco to keep me from killing people during the day, and alcohol to keep me from killing myself.
>>
>>19507582
I used to drink pretty heavily back in pre-pony pre-therapy days. I'd get pissed every night and drink myself into a warm daze during the day.

I also fucked myself up on codeine for a few months. Needless to say, none of these helped and just made me feel worse.
>>
>>19507608
Well, I used to smoke a lot of weed, and that worked better than all of those.
But now, it just doesn't do anything
>>
>>19505363
>Link, please. I love me some good horse words.

It's shit, my first fic. I'm running through the third revision and I'm done through chapter seven so I wouldn't recommend reading past that for now but I won't stop you if you decide to do so.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145690/an-investigation-into-chaos

Again, I think it's shit but I'm not going to stop you. I only ask that if you do decide to read it that you give me some feedback so that I can improve.
>>
File: Hello Mr. Bones....png (240 KB, 384x317) Image search: [Google]
Hello Mr. Bones....png
240 KB, 384x317
>>19505687
OP here, that was actually the plan. I was thinking of making this thread every other Friday. I thought it would be nice for horsefuckers to have a place to just talk about shit, I find that if you let them they end up keeping it board related no matter how broad the subject is because the ride never ends.
>>
File: 1409062803201.png (451 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
1409062803201.png
451 KB, 724x1024
I now have a bestiality fetish
>>
>>19507886
I had one before watching MLP
>>
>>19507550
I've tried just about every medication in the book for depression, never have responsed to anything aside from side effects . My last two psychiatrists basically said "we don't really know what else we could try". It's a pretty hopeless and shitty feeling.
>>
>>19507724
That sounds great. Thank you for doing this.
>>
File: 1403330469520.gif (1 MB, 222x245) Image search: [Google]
1403330469520.gif
1 MB, 222x245
>>19508203
>psychiatrists that only give medication and don't actually try to engage in therapy with their patients as well

did someone say 'america'?
>>
>>19508203
This might sound like a dumb question but have you tried just honestly talking about yourself and your life to try to figure out what's bringing you down? I know a lot of people who think they have a chemical imbalance who are really just in denial about their personal issues and refuse to deal with their baggage.
>>
>>19508262
That's what psychologists are for, I've been in and out of therapy just about all of my life, and have always had both doctors communicate with one another. Regardless, all of the help I've tried to get didn't turn out to do shit. It's frustrating.
>>
>>19508282
I have, and with professional help as well. I don't know what it is, even when I'm 100% honest with myself.
>>
>>19508333
It could be that you're just repressing something or it could be that there is something that is in the present that just doesn't work with you. I would suggest changing your personal habits, as in exercise, nutrition, job, relationships, and leisure activities, and see if anything changes. If you do all that stuff and you STILL feel bad then you are either ignoring something now, ignoring something from your past or you really do have a chemical imbalance and if that's the case you truly are fucked.
>>
>>19508203
There's always classical psychotherapy where you just talk to a therapist about your feelings, thoughts and fears. I hear hypnotherapy can be quite effective in treating depression. I tried it myself, and although I didn't go through to the end with it, I always felt very relaxed after each session.
>>
>>19508428
I don't know, the past year and a half or so, I've been trying a lot of changes. I went out to live on the west coast for a while, changed jobs a couple times, met new people, etc... But it all felt like I was running from my issues or something. I don't want to hide anything, I just want to do whatever it takes to stop this shit.
>>
>>19508528
Well, I'm not a professional psychologist but I would recommend three things.

>Take a look at Erikson's Psychosocial Stages
I think it's an oversimplified model but it holds up pretty well for most stuff. It basically states that there are certain stages in a persons life where they deal with certain critical issues, failure to deal with these issues properly can lead to people having issues with different parts of their life and can lead to someone living an incomplete life if they don't eventually deal with them.
>Get >>>/fit/
Health and physical fitness are exceptionally important to ones own mental health. Think of your body as your house, it might never be a mansion but you don't want to live in a condemned apartment either.
>Mor poni pone
It's nice to have a little escape and a little color in your life.
>>
>>19494168
>Psychology
>Posting Frued
You lost me, everyone knows Frued was shit at Psychology
>>
>>19508972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
>>
>>19505363
>Hypnosis
>I tried it when the generals first started, but it never worked very well for me.
Try btsync BQ4DXW6VOV6SKMADU6YHA3E7EKH5JGXIC
Just try to relax and imagine yourself as Twilight.
>>
You guys want to talk about how it's affected you MENTALLY? There are some rocks you don't want to flip over, guys.
>>
>>19507542
>>19507519
I know I would.

A lot of stuff here makes me laugh. Plus there's porn.

You're making the place sound a lot worse than it is. Not that it was ever good either, mind...
>>
>>19509514
Yeah sure I'm not arguing with that. Its just most normal people get joy out of non-internet things and fap to 2d human porn.
>>
>>19494168
This show has been a great influence in my life I suppose. Mentally it's helped me become more logical, more caring, more creative... a better person overall.

>Depression
Sort of. A month or two ago I got super depressed and deleted everything from everywhere of mine that was pony related, and stopped coming here. In short, at the time I was feeling depressed but not because of anything mlp related. But, I believe mlp played a role in how badly I was depressed. The most I'll do that's mlp related anymore is come here every now and then.

>Changes in hopes, fears, desires
The biggest change for me is that I desire to become a better writer and hope that I can someday pull and tangle; rip and tear the heartstrings of my readers. Damn that would make me so happy.

>Lucid dreams
I've given this a shot a few times and I've only successfully done it a couple times. It's fun as hell really.

On a side note, mlp has also made me realize that horsecock > boring ass human cock
>>
>>19494168
>Mental Illness
Depression, GAD, possible bi-polar

>Depression
Life long, same with anxiety

>New Outlooks
At first it was a good, happy change... But now I've just become a complete misanthropist.

>Altered Sleep Patterns
>Dreams
>Lucid Dreams & WILD
Always had issues with getting to sleep/staying asleep. Never had a pone dream, I don't think, and never anything lucid.

>Hypnosis
>Tulpas
>Hallucinations
None.

Became vegetarian, mostly part of the misanthropy thing.
>>
>>19494168
Pre /mlp/ I was a deppresed kissless virgin beta luser with no rage.
After browsing the board the depression was gone
and I became aggresive and hostile to pretty much everything and after raping two of my college mate bad boys people actually treat me like an alpha I turned from a dorrmat to an autistic faggot to a complete sociopath I can feel the burning of my life force still feel no remorse.
and I'm not even lying.
>>
>>19510460
And the ironic thing is the fact that before watching the show things like blackmetal
and horrorcore and fucked up shit like swap.avi kept me calm and the reason for me to start watching the show was drawn together and elfen lied and tara strong's appearence in the show now I only think about celly and I try to get all the edge that I can irl.
>>
>>19510460
>>19510622
Oh shit this fucking nigga is insane.
>>
File: the_edge_of_music.jpg (429 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
the_edge_of_music.jpg
429 KB, 1024x683
>>19510460
>>19510622
You should write violent songs and yell them in a garage.
>>
>>19510460
>>19510622
Edgy/10
>>
File: 1409174365338.jpg (161 KB, 694x769) Image search: [Google]
1409174365338.jpg
161 KB, 694x769
I feel like I don't hate people anymore. Now i just feel sad about it all. Before mulp i thought humans where greedy, cruel, and overall unlikable as a species. After pone I feel humans as a whole simply suffer from our environment and that there is nothing inherently wrong with us. Maybe one day the world can be better.
>>
>>19505363
>>19506514
Nope, that's gonna get me a b& ticket. but I think I do contribute enough to /pol/ like this, even if sometimes I believe it's a lost cause.
>>
File: 1378061056588.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1378061056588.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>19496785
>hearing authoritarian religious like figures in your head
>>
>>19497194
wait... this sounds like a legit tulpa
like the OG Tibetan monk shit
>>
>>19511849
Huh, it was the opposite for me. Yeah, we have to do what we have to do to survive, but shit... There's no justifying the actions of some.
>>
>>19511909
I knew I've turned crazy beyond repair from a few years of depression and loneliness, being dumped, fucked by this world, waiting in that apartment but this mental illness i've summoned is saving me, obligatorily crazy shit happens and in a sense, maybe what the monks does, of all religions when they converse with their gods is that same kind of thing. but I want to remain atheist. Celestia is not my princess, or my God. She don't want to be a God, even less a Queen (this status is still reserved in memory of her mother.)
>>
>>19495449
kill you'reself you fucking faggot

we love you too
>>
>>19511909
>>19512068
As far as I'm aware most OG tulpamancy was simple stuff with, but with way more dedication behind it then what modern tulpmancers do. Like creating a trigger in their head that would repeat their mantra while they are meditating or something. If this guy has a fully manifested Tulpa of Celestia complete with independent thoughts, feelings, and emotions and it's imposed as well as he says it is then he has gone far beyond us all.

He may be redpilled as fuck and he may have gone insane at some point but he is an inspiration to all tulpamanacers nonetheless.
>>
>>19507702
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145690/an-investigation-into-chaos
I read three chapters. It wasn't particularly good, but it didn't make me want to gouge my own eyes out, so I guess it's at least better than 80% of the shit on fimfiction these days.

The biggest problem I saw was that the narration sort of rambles a lot. Lots of words, but not much happening that was relevant to the plot. The result is that I spent a lot of the time wondering why I was reading about X, and how X was supposed to fit into the overall story.

Another issue was that Chapter 1 had basically nothing happening aside from a giant headcanon dump. It would be better to spread out the exposition and mix it in with some sort of action. For example, have Discord ask Celestia about why he was released, and then show his thoughts about her answers, which will no doubt involve parts of that headcanon dump. As in: "'Words words words,' Celestia said. I knew that was bullshit because I remember blah blah happened in 1852. 'Really? What about such-and-such?' I asked."

Finally, you're missing a lot of commas. Like, 80% of the places where you should have a comma, you don't. It's especially bad in Chapter 1. There are a few other grammatical errors too (comma splices and such), but that's the most obvious one.
>>
>>19512815
I appreciate the feedback, told you it was shit.
>>
>>19512308
I don't call myself redpilled, I'm not a prophet, or the one or anything. I'm more like a padawan at life in my 30's now who's realizing his past mistakes and illusions. And she's really like Master Yoda. Sometimes grumpy but happy with my social progress and no longer being a materialist recluse. It just takes times to learn things. On this, I'm way behind Richard Stallman, Hakim Bey or Roger Waters.
>>
>>19512972
The redpill thing is mostly a joke, relax man. It wouldn't be 4chan if we didn't make fun of you a bit.
>>
Bump?
>>
File: 1317068409322.jpg (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1317068409322.jpg
10 KB, 247x204
>>19494168
MLP was my first gateway into furry as a tertiary fetish. My main is, and will always be, chubby chasing.

Come at me.
>>
>>19514474
Well, OP here. I guess this thread had enough time in the limelight. If there are any lurkers left I suggest letting this thread sage for now. I will make a new one on the 5th.

It's been fun.
>>
>>19517332
OP, again. Apparently I can't say things properly, I meant to say the 12th not the 5th.

Still sageing.
>>
>>19517332
It has been. The 5th might be too soon.

I've been lurking the whole time.
Thanks, anons, for your contributions. It's been nice.

>>19517363
That's better.
>>
>>19517332
Why sage?
Even if thread is no longer active, it can be courteous for good threads to not sage so that others can enjoy the content, even if little new content is being added.
>>
>>19517694
If people want to see what has been posted then they can go to the archive.

http://archive.heinessen.com/mlp/

But I guess since the thread got bumped anyway there isn't much of a point now.
>>
Can someone give us a mental diagnosis on this guy?

http://pastebin.com/aQ98mHjh
>>
>>19517891

*strokes beard contemplatively*

He appears to have suffered a schizoid embolism.

No, no, wait. Actually, he's just a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 1388437518324.jpg (265 KB, 879x600) Image search: [Google]
1388437518324.jpg
265 KB, 879x600
>>19504005
Have you read the leviathan or any other political works since this change? Can or has she recommend any books or writers?
>>
>>19518281

Hobbes is good. If that dude is still around, does she have an opinion on Machiavelli?

(Does she have any opinions on anything you *haven't* read because *that* would be interesting?)
>>
It didn't affect me at all
>>
>>19494168
the show gave me a reason to not hate everyone on the god damn earth.
/mlp/ gave me a way of expressing both my anger and sadness to people who may or may not ever know me.

i hate the fuck out of you all, but i love the lot of you.
goodnight you glorious bastards.
>>
>>19507724
Good timeframe, OP. And thank you.

And thank you all Anon who participated. You are not alone. You never were. And now you know this.
>>
It's nice to have a decent non-fetish thread once in a while.
>>
>>19517891
TOPF here. That pastebin does a terrible job of telling people who I really am, and is clearly biased. For example, it has none of the poetry that I've written for Pinkie or points out anywhere that I may have made a good point at one time or another.
>>
>>19521663

Very nice of you to let your lover Mcedge think you were dead.
>>
>>19521953
I didn't mean for that to happen. It just kind of did.

But unrelated, I'm definitely not crazy like the guy who wrote that pastebin would have you believe.
>>
>>19522054

He didn't write that pastebin. You did. That's all shit you said, you crazy fuck.
>>
If any anon is still here, my personal experience is that the show has made me less of an asshole to everyone, especially my friends. I no longer have trouble fighting the urge to cut, and the like, but creepy as it may sound, mlp has caused me to think about suicide and the afterlife on a near-daily basis.
>>
>>19522172
i have had the same experiance
i am more kind, i smile more, and my depression is down.
though, there is that occasional thought like "im so jealous of all the brony's who have a shit tone of merch, and i dont"
>>
>>19521953
>implying that's actually TOPF

Though I'm pretty sure TOPF does still visit this board. Someone showed up in the fanfiction general a few days ago, asking for reviews of some bizarre, communism-themed story idea. They weren't using any of TOPF's known aliases, but I assume that's to avoid having their posts ignored out of hand.

Here's the link, if anyone's curious: http://pastebin.com/u/mlpFic1099
>>
File: friendship.png (2 MB, 1600x1410) Image search: [Google]
friendship.png
2 MB, 1600x1410
/mlp/ helped me recognize and appreciate different kinds of people for who they are.

Before /mlp/ certain personality traits pissed me off. Now, upon interacting with a certain person, I might think "Oh, that girl is sort of like Pinkie Pie in so and so aspects", and be able to see and appreciate who that person is, their goodness, and what they bring to society from a wider perspective.
>>
>>19494168
/mlp/ is full of manchild loners and closet pedos

Commit suicide you parasites. No one loves you, every single one of your fathers are in agony to just look at your gay existence.
>>
>>19522150
I'm just saying that the pastebin gives people an incomplete picture of me. I'm really not crazy, and I'd like someone out there to prove otherwise without taking my words out of context.
>>
>>19522383
I agree you're not crazy. You just have strong both sociopathic and self-defeating tendencies.

Now let's move on.
>>
File: pinkie-ur-tears.png (129 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
pinkie-ur-tears.png
129 KB, 500x301
>>19522370

So why are you the mad one? I suspect you're the one with daddy issues.
>>
>>19522383

Taking your words out of context by quoting them in their entirety?

kek
>>
>>19522410
/k/ raider reporting in

would love to fucking kill you
>>
File: 1393923356676.jpg (118 KB, 558x531) Image search: [Google]
1393923356676.jpg
118 KB, 558x531
>>19522445
>>
File: ndt.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ndt.jpg
22 KB, 300x225
>>19522445

Whoo, the edge. Bet they think you're a retard on /k/ too.

Stay mad though.
>>
File: DAYUM.gif (502 KB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
DAYUM.gif
502 KB, 406x449
>>19522445
lel
>>
>>19522472
Stay manchild you pedophile scum.
>>
File: 12345.jpg (55 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
55 KB, 600x360
>>19522495
>>
>>19522404
But I'm not sociopathic or self-defeating. I am a very kind and well-adjusted person.
>>19522426
There is not a single thing I said on that pastebin that has proven me to be crazy.
>>
>>19522182
I get that jealousy feel too m8.
the based dough boy said he'd be sending me a plush sometime soon though so I'm a little hyped It's going to be my first mlp plush. Of course then again I've only been in the fandom for a little over a month. As usual I get on the ride a little late..
>>
>>19522590
>There is not a single thing I said on that pastebin that has proven me to be crazy.

So says the demonstrably crazy person.
>>
File: 1403160791824.png (791 KB, 3995x5463) Image search: [Google]
1403160791824.png
791 KB, 3995x5463
>>19522741
>says i'm crazy
>never points out any concrete examples or explanation
Lel. Okay, bro! Have some Veronika.
>>
>>19522777
>Replying to b8/retards
>>
>>19522777

Nice trips but the pastebin was already posted. There are as many examples as anyone could possibly need, such as the one about torturing Pinkie Pie until she loves you, or murdering her outright.
>>
>>19522835

>Defending TOPF.
>Ever.
>>
>>19522837
But those were taken out of context. Can you give an explanation as to why I would say those things without disproving the notion that I am crazy?
>>
Stop replying to TOPF, guys. He's a narcissistic baiter. That's all he is.
>>
>>19522873

A post quoted in its entirety is not "out of context," you lunatic. But please, tell me what "context" you can put crazy shit like this in where it suddenly becomes sane.

>I guess if she doesn't want to date me anymore, I'll have to lock her in a basement, feeding her nothing but boiled corn and dirty water, to force her to love me.

Also you've admitted you'd murder her if she became a princess.

In what "context" is torturing and murdering your waifu sane?
>>
>>19522927
It's sane to like attention, and I wrote that mainly for attention, kind of like the kind you're giving me now.
>>
>>19522927
>>I guess if she doesn't want to date me anymore, I'll have to lock her in a basement, feeding her nothing but boiled corn and dirty water, to force her to love me.
I would only ever do that if she did not love me. Is it not normal to take drastic steps to attain something that your heart bleeds and aches for? To go on an epic journey to attain? To slash and burn everything that stands in your way of having it? It's the same way with this. If she did love me, then I would not take those measures.
>Also you've admitted you'd murder her if she became a princess.
Because if she became a princess, then she would be the physical embodiment of the old royal order. If she's not royalty, then I can at least change her personality.
>>19522966
Retard go away.
>>
>>19522982
>personality
Sorry, meant to say identity.
>>
pre MLP I had a horse beast fetish and that was 45% of my porn stash

mlp trippled that amount and made my mind more open to IRL bisexuality and my waifu influenced me to start reading
>>
>>19522982
No because if you actually loved your waifu you'd accept her regardless as long as she was happy. You don't care about her happiness though.
>>
>>19522982

See, exactly my point.

There's no context you can put batshit insanity like you just posted in that makes it remotely sane.
>>
>>19523104
I do care about her happiness, because her happiness is tied to mine. I am happy when she gives me her love, and for that, she needs to be happy.
>>19523121
History and fiction are both riddled with stories of men who have gone on journeys for things that they want. Were they all crazy?
>>
>>19523147

Did it involve torturing and murdering people they claimed to love?
>>
>>19523177
Not that I can recall, but that's neither here nor there. The main idea remains the same.

And I would not torture and murder her. I would either torture or murder her, depending on the circumstances (although if torture didn't work after a full year, I would kill her).
>>
Diagnosed with paranoia and minor depression. As far as I can tell ponies don't provide any sort of long term help.

They just sorta, fill the blank spaces
>>
>>19523202
>i love mah waifu
>but i would torture her for a months, even a year, and then kill her
>I'm not insane tho, srsly
>>
>>19523202
>That pastebin does a terrible job of telling people who I really am, and is clearly biased.

If you tortured her for a year, then murdered her, that would constitute torturing her AND murdering her. Do you even English, you rabid psychotic?
>>
I'll be honest, I've been with the show since the hour the first episode aired and on top of that, I've been with the board since day one.

I essentially only browse /mlp/ and I read fanfics a lot, whether its prose or greentext.

Pony is essentially using up most of my time, and to be honest. It hasn't affected me in the slightest.
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.