[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find it weird how seriously Luna's betrayal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 15
File: 1437766210764.png (527 KB, 673x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437766210764.png
527 KB, 673x1024
Does anyone else find it weird how seriously Luna's betrayal is taken? It's not like she killed anyone, all she really did was wrestle with Celestia for 5 minutes
>>
>>25632292
I like to think that the NMM event was much more significant than the show permits, but because it's G rated, they can't really explore that.

There are a entire set of really unique things that wouldn't make any sense unless:

>Celestia is much more sinister than the show portrays.
>NMM was around for much longer than the show portrays.

For example, in Ponyville we see a statue of NMM. How? In the show, only Celestia ever saw her. Either Celestia told everyone what she looked like, and ordered massive statues of NMM, or the show is incorrect, and other ponies saw her.

>Cannibalism
There is no evidence in the show that this occurred. So where does this myth come from? Either Celestia saw this myth, and permitted it to spread, or NMM did practice some form of cannibalism during her reign.

The Luna's guilt simply isn't proportionate to the crime otherwise. If the show's portrayal of NMM is accurate, NMM never remotely harmed Equestria. Clearly Luna knows something about NMM that we don't.
>>
>>25632361
or, theres the other option, which i dont necissarily endorse, that luna has a completely unhealthy expectation of herself because of her abusive sister.
>>
File: -1ad.png (200 KB, 360x503) Image search: [Google]
-1ad.png
200 KB, 360x503
>>25632361
>Celestia is much more sinister than the show portrays.
Well, that could explain why pic related happens
>>
>>25632437
>>nightmare star
>>this day shall last forever
>>nightmare.
it doesn't exist because it's stupid.
>>
>>25632453
the whole idea for a card game was stupid...
>>
>>25632292
Exactly. Season 4 premiere fucked up by giving us a definite answer about Nightmare Moons origin the backed them Int a corner.

The comics exploded the idea that whilst trapped she went into ponies dreams and caused nightmares but that was a really shit comic desu
>>
>>25632453
would you prefer her to be call
DAYMARE
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMARE
Champion of the sun!
>>
>>25632292

What Do you think would've happened if she had success with her ethernal night?
What happens with a planet without the warmth of a sun....?
>>
>>25632494
DYEWTS?
>>
File: medium-33.png (331 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
medium-33.png
331 KB, 800x480
>>25632482
Why not Red Sun or Sundowner? I know its just a metal gear reference but those names actually kinda fit for >>25632437
>>
>>25632292
If you watch the episode, time is kind of sketchy in the flashback. I mean, with the Discord flashback she sees the past and then a farther past one after another.

With Nightmare Moon, she sees her put the moon in front of the sun and transform. Then, a moment later she confronts Celestia and blasts a hole in the roof revealing the moon is now at the top of the sky. I think there was a time jump in which Nightmare Moon wreaked some havoc and led to Celestia confronting her to lower the moon and stop what she was doing.
>>
>>25632482
ideally she should be nightmare singularity. the idea that celestia's motivations as a nightmare should be identical to luna's in reverse is ignoring her motivations. Celestia doesn't suffer from a lack of love and worship, if anything she gets too much of it. people expect her to always be nice because the sun happens to rise and set in just the nicest way. it doesn't have to be that way though, and every day is another day the fuel and magic is burned drier.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg (147 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg
147 KB, 800x534
>>25632533
sol invictus is better. not only is it a good name its a reference to a real world god in the late Roman empire. Sol Invictus was literally the god of the sun... in other words.
>>
>>25632533
because I was making a reference too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzaVd6zl2bA
>>
>>25632482
Kek

Also, "Queen Morningstar". Queens are evil, right?
>>
>>25632553
I dunno. Maybe if Celestia was male.
>>
>>25632570
>Queens are evil, right?
According to Hasbro, yes. Thanks to that line of thinking, Equestria's hierarchy makes no fucking sense
>>
>>25632361
Are we sure no ponies saw the battle between Nightmare Moon and Celestia? It's possible that the area around the Castle of the Two Sisters was more populated before the castle was destroyed. Maybe she got her reputation then.
>>
>>25632553
How about Phaethon, based on the guy who took Apollo's chariot for a test drive and bruned half the planet in the process?
>>
>>25632570
>>queen morning star
celestia is the sun
the morning star is the star the sun blots out every day it rises on its journey to the sky.
>>
>>25632646
so... a VW?
>>
>>25632630
Nope, you can check it yourself if you'd like
https://youtu.be/LLvmiNwwYxY
>>
File: 1447913510882.jpg (74 KB, 622x850) Image search: [Google]
1447913510882.jpg
74 KB, 622x850
>>25632361
Or or..
now just listen,
guys what if she's just an emo bitch
>>
>>25632654
Morningstar was also the nickname for Lucifer.

Jus' sayin'.
>>
>>25632678
But wouldn't that be more fitting for Luna then?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447102253406.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447102253406.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
>>25632673
Or what if the writers just don't really think things through?
>>
>>25632678
no, lucifer was a christian fanfiction based off of an ancient poem about hubris of the star being wiped out for trying to take the place of the sun. the poem and metaphor existed far before christfaggotry, just like the moons allusions to life, death, and rebirth.
>>
>>25632715
I know that but
Popularity > accuracy
The show itself has already played loose with myths they already have, just look at the changelings
>>
>>25632510
Cake
>>
>>25632715
I learneded something today.

Would still be a cool ebul!Cello name.
>>
>>25632292
I don't find it weird that a bunch of hipster pretentious talentless vancouver artists would immediately jump on the "le pretentious dark & edgy equestria" bandwagon like a bunch of idiotic know-nothings which don't understand we ourselves did it ironically.

It's been happening since season 2's return of harmony.
I simply blocked it out of system so I don't force myself to spend my entire life planning to kill Dhx Media.

They can do whatever the fuck they want. I don't care anymore.
>>
>>25633058
>They can do whatever the fuck they want. I don't care anymore.
Feels good to step back and decouple, huh. All that's left is to laugh at the guys still left arguing on irony level 0 about My Little Pony because the ride never ends!!!

Find solace in thoughts of your waifu, and acknowledge that it's not real and doesn't matter anyway; the show has changed, and we have changed, since we first fell in love with ponies.

There'll never be that spark - that moment where everything was fresh and unknown - again. Why keep fruitlessly kicking at the universe and hoping for it to happen again?
>>
>>25632292
Why does this make me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51B6M70QBs ?
>>
>>25632510
i literally don't
>>
>>25633305
why?
>>
>>25633307
i just come here to shitpost
>>
>>25632482
>DAYMARE
>FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMARE
>Champion of the sun!
SHE'S A MASTER OF KARATE
AND FRIENDSHIP FOR EVERYONE
DAYMARE!
>>
>>25633338
You can shitpost And watch the show. It's not hard
>>
File: cosgrove.jpg (48 KB, 715x474) Image search: [Google]
cosgrove.jpg
48 KB, 715x474
>>25633347
I didn't know that
>>
>>25633347
Watching the show can be hard sometimes. It's gotten pretty bad.
>>
>>25633815
thank god I am not the only one who feels this way
>>
>>25633815
Only a couple episodes, in my opinion. I find many Season 1 episodes to be significantly harder to watch than recent episodes. Most of this "I can't watch the show now" rhetoric seems to come from people with rose-tinted glasses.
>>
>>25632712
Or maybe it's a show for little girls.
>>
>>25634017
Do you use the same excuse to justify your pitiful life, void of any accomplishment?
>>
>>25634017
no u
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 720x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 720x398
>>25632673
>>
>>25632292
While the self punishment thing is Linkin Park tier, being so jealous of your sister that you become possessed by a hateful entity would leave sequels.
>>
>>25632570
Queen Daystar is more apt.
>>
>>25632361
Maybe Luna was terrorizing ponies as Nightmare Moon through their dreams before she took that form irl to fight Celestia. NMM could've just been her response to ponies constantly associating her night sky with darkness/evil, and she eventually got it in her head that the only way she could actually be 'equal' to Celestia is by becoming as evil as her sister was praised for being benevolent and kind.
>>
File: mlfw4475_small.jpg (17 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
mlfw4475_small.jpg
17 KB, 320x272
>>25632482
>>25633345
>Daymare?
Last I heard that word, it came from a vampire Leslie Nielsen.
https://youtu.be/in-8K7W87nM?t=1m28s
>>
File: jameson kek.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jameson kek.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>25634558
>mfw Lt. Frank Drebin is in Equestria now
Godspeed, Slasher.
>>
Shit writing

Shit writing

Say it with me
SHIT WRITING

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHITTYLICIOUS SHITTASTIC WRITING OHHOOO.

Autismal, trash, bottom of the barrel, hypocritical, ass-backwards, ironic comedic melodrama which takes itself seriously to the point of edgy.
>>
>>25632536

Doesn't work. Celestia was there for the transformation. Who else would Luna have been talking too?
>>
>>25637549
I like to think that as she was going insane with jealousy, she started talking to herself, and was in-fact putting on this whole theatre to an empty castle.
>>
>>25634467

This theory makes the most sense to me.

It fits with Luna's tendency to work without public acknowledgement.
>>
>>25632292

> didn't kill anyone

We don't know that, but she certainly tried with Celestia.

I would also assume that she started shirking or abusing her normal duties once she decided to take over.
>>
>>25632292
There has to be something more the show hasn't explored yet because the flashback made it seem like a quick one time transformation and battle.

Maybe she was just able to willingly change forms before that point with Celestia was shown. If not that, she was influenced by NMM before she finally transformed. The point of no return being the flashback event.
>>
>>25637652
Considering how outraged Celestia was simply over the fact that Luna defiantly chose not to lower the moon, I'd surmise as much, myself. Otherwise, it'd just be ridiculously authoritarian of Tia to yell at her sister for not following her rules, especially when she could've potentially just talked stuff out.
>>
File: The_woopsies_of_my_papa.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The_woopsies_of_my_papa.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
I think it's more of a personal thing. It was obvious that NMM had the intent to defeat (since killing her would just be headcannoning) Celestia, yet they were close. She was the only pony that she could have shared her life with, that she trusted the most, and she almost killed her out of petty envy. She felt that hatred, now with the freshness of defeat of revenge, for 1000 years, isolated from any other feeling. That might be the one thing she couldn't forgive herself for. Besides, the sins never die.
>>
>>25632661
That clearly looks like a lot of areas where ponies would live, include windows being lit, and later in the fight NMM even shoots a house on the outer rim of the castle that isn't connected to the main structure.

That castle is huge and very clean, there had to be others living there, no fucking way was it just them two.
>>
>>25634395
Perhaps, but there's no symbolism to it. I like 'Morningstar' specifically because it is both a reference to the sun as well as a reference to legendary evil.
>>
Hey, does anybody have that old fanmade comic that showed Nightmare Moon causing permanent night, the crops failing and ponies starving to death before Celestia banishes her? I don't think it's on Derpibooru.
>>
>>25638696
Glad I don't have type this out. Besides, no one but Luna takes it to heart anymore.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.