[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starlight. Tiara. Gilda. Sunset, Discord. Trixie. (partly) And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Starlight. Tiara. Gilda. Sunset, Discord. Trixie. (partly)

And I'm not even going into the comics.

Why did this series become so obssessed with redemption? It's basically friendship evangelism at this point,
They used to handle these kind of things a lot more realisticly. Nightmare turned back into Luna only after being blasted by the orbital friendship cannon, Discord went back to stone, Gilda, Trixie, Blueblood, Flim-Flam and the others just left without changing their ways.

What happened?
>>
>>25593982
It's nice to see ponies get a second chance after making the mistake of being dicks. Maybe there should be an episode about redeeming you, op.
>>
>>25593982
Its all part of Twi's master plan. She will be the villain of Season 6 along with her brainwashed cult of friendship.
How will Celestia stop her from overthrowing her reign?
>>
>>25593982
>Tiara
She was a kid. She got set straight. This is normal.
>Gilda
Weakest 'villain' because all she was guilty of was not liking Pinkie and making a scene. Her redemption could have been handed in a 30 second apology from both parties and a handshake.
>Sunset
She's banished to high school forever. Fate worse than death.
>Discord
Only released initially to deal with Tirek down the line. Otherwise has went back to being evil once already and always tests the limit of what he can get away with. Hardly redeemed.
>Trixie
Went from embarrassed stage performer to nutcase. Didn't get true redemption, just allowed to escape and hasn't been seen since.
>Starlight
Its hard to tell someone to let go of the past and make a new friend in place of an old one right before you seal them in magic ice or whatever. She had to be redeemed for the moral to work.
Though, I would have laughed if Twilight said 'you'll make plenty of friends in prison!' and zapped her

Plenty of villains will never be redeemed. Chrysalis, Tirek, FlimFlam, Sombra. It's a pretty even balance.
>>
>>25593982
I want there to be an episode where the Mane 6 try to turn someone over to the good side but one of the 6 gets turned over to the dark side instead. It would be an easy way to kill off one of them.
>>
Because women thinks everyone can be redeemed. That is why they suck at everything.
>>
>>25594038
Honestly, that's what Shimmer deserved imo.
And that's why people expects her to revolt, like Discord.
>>25594074
Nah women think they can get away with everything with no consequences.
>>
>>25593992
Nah, that fag will never stop sucking dicks.
>>
>>25594084
>Nah women think they can get away with everything with no consequences.

Which is what being redeemed is all about.

Oops, sorry I fucked you all up. I was just upset, can we be girlfriends and get manicures now?
>>
>>25594104
I didn't want to cheat on you!
>>
File: discord.png (87 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
discord.png
87 KB, 500x375
>>25594038
I'm surprised that the FlimFlams were important enough to get their own "bad future", honestly. Also, I'd say Discord's redeemed simply for all the shit he's gettying.
>>
>>25594118
For a quickie 'bad end' future, having them wrecking shit was pretty comical. I imagine it was thrown in there to lighten things up before they went to desolation world.
>>
File: mspaint-face.png (332 KB, 1024x2329) Image search: [Google]
mspaint-face.png
332 KB, 1024x2329
>>25593982
Who is doing this?
Such a lust for Redemption!
WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!
>>
>>25594118
That's because he is now more like Cu ckord instead of Discord.
Seriously, for me he represents a guy that was free and then to get pussy he had to doblegate to female authority or end alone.
Which is pretty much what happens irl to anyone that doesn't suck the clit of any female for 5 mins of premature ejaculation while she laughs in her sleep.
>>
>>25593982
>Starlight. Tiara. Gilda. Sunset, Discord. Trixie.
>Not Luna
You do know that the show pilot was about redemption, right?
Luna made herself into Nightmare Moon, she was never possessed and when her powers were stripped by Twi & co, Celestia offered forgiveness and Luna regretted her ways.
>>
>>25593982
It's a show for little kids bro, let's them learn that people can change for the better.

Also Tirek and Sombra.
>>
>>25594038
This
B
H

Nothing pisses me off more tha trixiefags trying to justify anything their shit character does with the "redemption" episode
>>
>>25594155
Actually, most people don't change at all.
Sure you can make some little changes, but a whole root change, rarely happens.
>>
>>25594198
Most people don't change because the people around them never give them a second chance. If you're guilty of being an asshole, and you make a consious effort to try not to be an asshole, but everyone around you only wants to remind you of those times you were an asshole, then there is zero incentive to be anything other than an asshole.
Redemption is a two way street. I think the show does a surprisingly good job illustrating that.
>>
File: Uy_eQxevr8A.png (843 KB, 476x604) Image search: [Google]
Uy_eQxevr8A.png
843 KB, 476x604
I only have one best friend which I made in highschool. We've been contacting every since but we live in different countries now and only meet to travel to places together once a year or something. He has many other friends while I'm alone all the other time. Slightly better than Moondancer I guess.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.