[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why the fuck did they make this waste of space again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Nightmare rarity is the absolute WORST "Nightmare' character you could make. Rarity is a fucking DRESSMAKER.
She's not a supervillain, she doesn't have any super powers, she's shit. Even AS Nightmare rarity she had zero personality or appeal, not even any style.

Look at the other demon form characters we've gotten: Midnight sparkle was absolutely BADASS, looked great, came from a character with insane magical abilities and skills so her turning evil is a legitimate pre-established threat (Unlike a fucking dress maker), and her character was great.

Sunset satan? Second best character after twilight, sunset shimmer, has a bad ass demon form; Looks awesome, has a great design, and Its Character is the personal Protege of Celestia, establishing her as a threat prior to her form anyways.

Why the fuck did they make nightmare rarity again? The fuck is this shit, only alicorns or ponies on the way to being alicorns should be made nightmare's that's kind of the purpose of nightmares.
>>
>>27871200
The way you word this makes it sound like bait, or that you're just an idiot, but here's your reply anyway.

Nightmare Rarity is a shining example of the flaws with IDW. Good concept, absolutely ruined by execution.

>The concept
Corrupting one of the Mane 6 by capitalizing on their fears, just like Luna. Make the Mane 5 then work together to restore their friend, while have the friend struggle. Rarity was one of two good choices for this. You may not think it works well for Rarity, but it works even less for Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash. What would their nightmare forms end up doing? The only other option is Twilight, which would result in the Mane 5 working together to help her, but that wouldn't happen as of course Twilight is a Mary Sue, and can never be saved by the Mane 5. Rarity's the only other pony. Being a magic user, and actually perhaps using her charm to manipulate, the simple dressmaker could be a serious problem. Especially with whatever upgraded Nightmare powers. Remember, it's feeding on her fear of abandonment.

>How it was ruined
The moon creatures, and the stupidity that "It's not actually Rarity!" for starters. It was like they were just using her body or something, right? That was retarded. Also, the focus was all over the place. It was focusing on the Mane 5, Rarity, Spike and Luna, when it should have just been the Mane 5 and Rarity, with Luna assisting them. It was also incredibly rushed, with the conflict being resolved in a terribly poor fashion, done too fast. The only people who seemed to actually like the comic were Sparityfags, when Spike really was just wasting panel space in it.

Continued in next post.
>>
>>27871350
Cont.

>How it could have been better
As I said, it should have been focused on the Mane 5 and Rarity. Focus more on Rarity's corruption, get rid of the moon creature shit. It's perfectly understandable as it is. The nightmare power, or whatever you'd like to call it, slowly starts feeding off of Rarity's fear of abandonment. Build it up, but don't make it obvious to the Mane 5 until it's too late. When it's Nightmarity, don't make it so it is just "Grr I'm a bad looking Rarity", actually make it a corrupted form of her fears. That's what Nightmare Moon was. Luna felt the ponies never liked her night, she'd force them to enjoy it by making it last forever. In Rarity's case, make it so her fear of abandonment means she wants to trap ponies and make them forced to idolize her. If you want to get particularly edgy, maybe she starts turning ponies into mannequins. You're right that Nightmarity in the comics had no personality, that was a problem. It didn't even matter that it was Rarity. So that'd be another thing that would need to be fixed here. Maybe even see her struggle with a dual nature, that's rapidly growing. As for her powers, I'd imagine that based on what we know of Rarity as she is, a corrupted form would be highly manipulative.

As for the Mane 5, there would need to be more conflict over the fact that they have to fight Rarity. Perhaps Fluttershy doesn't want to see what her friend has become and just wants to distance herself, Pinkie thinks Rarity can be reasoned with, Rainbow and Applejack are arguing whether or not it's even still Rarity at this point, and Twilight struggles to "lead" with a missing friend. Develop a conflict between them that makes it harder for them to face Rarity because they can't agree on shit.

tl;dr, IDW ruined something that could have been cool. I should probably write a fanfic on the way it could have been better.
>>
>>27871350
>, but that wouldn't happen as of course Twilight is a Mary Sue, and can never be saved by the Mane

Bullshit, what is "Friendship games"
>>
>>27871200
I just wonder why this is pretty much the only thing from the IDW comics that anyone remembers positively.
>>
>>27871616
because it treated one of the other members of the mane six as actually being IMPORTANT for once instead of sueing over twilight.
Additionally, it celebrated the group as a whole and focused on them working together as a group instead of Twilight as the only one who matters.

This comes as a breath of fresh air compared to how normally she's the only fucking thing in the universe that's of importance.
Its like how the cutie mark map gets half of its praise due to not being a twilight sparkle centric episode. Fans are so starved for adventure shit not revolving around twilight that they orgasm if they get something about the group.
>>
>>27871562
>What is "not canon"
>>
>>27871562
>Bullshit, what is "Friendship games"
A movie where the Mane 5 do absolutely jack shit and Shimmer is the only one who does anything, especially with saving Twilight? Seriously, what was the point of them in the movie, or any of the EQG films? That's one of the many problems.
>>
>>27871684
Without them Twilight and sunset wouldn't have their magic.

Therefore they are the most important things in the movie, even if Twilight and sunset get most of the foucs.
>>
>>27871690
>Therefore they are the most important things in the movie, even if Twilight and sunset get most of the foucs.
Except they aren't characters in the film, they're much closer to tools. I remember even saying when I saw Friendship Games that the Mane 5 were literally nothing more than batteries, and served absolutely no purpose to anything in the film.

The best thing that could have been done was Nightmare Twilight, with the Mane 5 trying to help her. But the franchise in general apparently has problems focusing on the rest of the Mane 5 with less focus on Twilight when it comes to bigger plots. Or when they don't want to focus on Twilight, they focus on the pseudo-Twilight. The last really relevant role any of them had in a "big plot" was, well nothing. The only thing that can be counted is maybe Fluttershy in the Cutie Map. Maybe. It's sad, really.

Anyway, that's besides the point. If they really couldn't use Twilight, Rarity is still the best choice. She's really the only pony who could be the biggest threat in corrupted form, due to manipulation, and her desires for status and fame. Nightmare Applejack would be a joke, Nightmare Pinkie would probably just be an edgefest, Nightmare Dash I don't even know, and Nightmare Fluttershy would probably just be Super PeTA. And while that might sound cool, we've had a million "Fluttershy overcomes a fear" things, we don't need another one with a Nightmare Fluttershy.
>>
>>27871690
>being power batteries is importance
yeah, and the most important "character" of the crystal empire was the crystal heart, right?
>>
>>27871684
Sunset's also the best and most important character of Equestria girls (And MLP in general). Its kind of required that she do that, that's like getting angry at superman doing stuff in a superman movie.

The movies and series are about sunset, the others are Just support and always have been just support, like luna and celestia.
>>
File: Myria_Bed.jpg (13 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Myria_Bed.jpg
13 KB, 800x600
>>27871200
rarity actually has a personality that would lend itself incredibly well to being a villain. She desires to be viewed as the most beautiful and important pony around in both Social matters and in just beauty as a whole.

her desire for the adoration and acclaim of others, especially the nobility, coupled with the fact that she's generally meddling in matters of vast magical importance (Plus the EOH) give a very good reason for her to turn to evil:

If you ever increased her desire for Social importance to extreme enough levels, coupled with any random dark magical object, you could have her as a legitimately dangerous and Evil villain-- Think vain sorceress, a character who's more or less dominating the country simply for her own Ego, like the witch from Snow white.
Fuck, I'd love to see that as a bad future: Unfortunately, you'd pretty much need her to be an alicorn for a nightmare form to work well IMO (Those should be kept for alicorns as their "thing")

>>27871777
>>27871777
>Nightmare Fluttershy would probably just be Super PeTA

nah, there's a very good way to make her a villain without touching on her animal stuff.
I doubt you've ever played it, but there's a game called breath of fire 3 with a Villain who's viewed as a Goddess in the universe and feels a crushing obligation to "protect" those under her in a kind of "overprotective mother" kind of fashion due to feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the responsibility of this and fear of messing up and having things get fucked up if she does a bad job.

Now, fluttershy doesn't have any dominion over others currently, but if they were to have made her an alicorn with actual responsibilities, I could see her fears of screwing up causing her to be overwhelmed by the responsibility and going kind of Psycho protective mother on things and enforcing something of a crushingly oppressive society/government to try and keep everyone "safe".
>>
This is some kind of next level autism.
>>
>>27871934
Okay, that sounds pretty decent for a Nightmare Fluttershy. However personally, I'd still prefer Nightmarity. She seems like the type that would want to be worshipped as a goddess.
>>
NightmareJack > Your life
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>27871934
>Fluttershy description
Wasn't that Nightmare whisper in a nutshell?
>>
>>27872169
what, is she going to throw apples at me? AJ is by far the least threatening character to become evil. Even freaking pinkie pie would be a better villain than AJ, at least she has canon Psychic powers. AJ just... kicks shit.
>>
>>27872437
It was a reference to a story

Funnily enough, the premise is actually a harmless evil appulpone

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/249504/1/nightmarejack/she-really-isnt-half-bad
>>
>>27872543
well of course, applejack is the only one of the group halfway qualified to be a leader; if twilight wasn't such a mary sue she'd be the group's leader.
>>
>>27871477
You should write fanfic In general, Anon.
>>
>>27872437
And all the hulk does is punch stuff. AJ is the most competent of the group and goes at sitautions intelligently; She is apparently seasoned in fighting monsters based on her fighting that chimera and she also took out those timberwolves easily.
She may not be OP Hax, but she'd be a pretty good criminal if she were evil.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.