[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinepone (a super-small CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 23
File: tinypone title card.png (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone title card.png
7 KB, 640x400
It's time for the fInal mission (and maybe thread?)!

Captain's Log:
>https://www.anonpone.com/tinepone/

In this game, you play the role of Feather Dust, the tiniest pony in Equestria, as she tries to handle the colossal challenges of an inch-high pony's daily life.
>>
>>27819850
Inept-sama-senpai, pls.
>>
File: tinypone283.png (4 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone283.png
4 KB, 640x400
Challenges like:

>Narrowly escaping the claws of a giant enemy hawk
>Weaving through the thick Everfree Forest canopy at high speeds
>Pinpointing the location of the Ednosptrad Mk. 3
>Rescuing an exhausted crewmate from a slow, terrible fate
>Dogfighting with the giant enemy hawk until reinforcements arrive
>Learning that another crewmate has gone missing: this time, it's Zecora
>Swooning over Gulliver's bravery when he volunteers to find Zecora by himself
>Evacuating Coco to a medical facility staffed by Fluttershy and her animal assistants
>Replenishing supplies lost in the battle with the hawk

Feeling confident that she's as ready as she can be, Feather Dust steers the Ednosptrad out of dock (Fluttershy's window) and charts a course back towards the forest. But the locations of all possible objectives - Gulliver, Zecora, and the poison joke - are unknown to her.
>'I can't just fly blindly into the forest, can I? Maybe I should have a destination in mind first...'
>>
>>27819908
Zecora said the canopy was cut away over her house so it should be visible from the air.
>>
>>27819908
I take it we didn't take too much damage from our scuffle with the hawk then? From what I've gathered we only lost our windshield, a few crystals and we might need a new paint job.
>>
File: tinypone284.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone284.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27819965
>>27820013
>'I guess my best bet would be to head back to Zecora's. It's probably the safest place in the Everfree Forest.'
Feather Dust hits the throttle, and the tiny airship is off. Zecora's chimney makes for a handy landmark, even if there's no smoke emitting from it.
The trip back to Zecora's hut is quiet. Without Gully or Coco around, the only sound Feather Dust can hear is the whirr of the engine.
>'Well... At least I can still fly. I'll need a new windshield and the hull may need polishing, but it could be worse.'
She looks around the empty gondola.
>'...I hope every pony's okay...'
Soon, the small clearing that conceals Zecora's hut comes into view. The hut looks just as it was left that morning. No noises can be heard from within.
>'Darn it... No pony is home...'
>>
>>27820225
Go down in through the chimney. We know it works, that's how it got away.
>>
>>27820225
Check the windows before leaving, maybe they are at the split path?
>>
File: tinypone285.png (17 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone285.png
17 KB, 640x400
>>27820251
>>27820267
I said nopony's home, fucker. You want to get a bad end? Because I know the QM. I got connections. I can make it happen.
...Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. I've just been having a bad few days. I got turned down for a promotion narrating the last thread of JAD, my waifu's been bitching at me to stop wasting my time on 4chan and get a real job... It's just been rough, okay?
I'll tell you what: Since we wasted 20 minutes stopping in here for no reason, I'll pull a Curse Quest and spell out some options for you since I, like SWC, secretly don't think you're competent enough to figure it out yourselves. Ahem...
>'Well... As long as I'm here, I wonder if there's anything useful I can take along with me...? Maybe some kind of potion, or a useful herb or powder, or maybe a source of fire... There's a lot of background sprites in here that could come in handy.'
>>
>>27820377
Nah there's nothing for us here. Lets fly around in circles until something happens.
>>
>>27820377
I dunno. Wait for Zecora to come home so we can collect poison jokes?
>>
>>27820377
Damn, Inept. Take it easy. That was exactly why I wanted to come in, to resupply.

Land, tether the ship to keep it from flying off, and then take out the rocks we added. We will be replacing our rocks and crystals with more functional ballast. The potions won't be useful unless they're labeled, so I suggest we take materials we can use for building. Any metal we can find would be preferable. Matches or other small tools would be useful also.
>>
>>27820377
Jeezus fuck Inept. Go ahead and straight call us all dumbasses that are far too retarded to play your shit.
>>
>>27820443
>>27820508
Relax, I was just trying to have a little fun by doing the smartass narrator thing like I did in 'Into the White.' Hence why I said "I know the QM" instead of "I *AM* the QM."
>>
>>27820377
Fine, we're definitely idiots for not knowing the one specific thing you want us to do right now.

Why don't you just insult us some more while you're at it? Or are you gonna keep up the passive aggressive shtick?
>>
>>27820550
In ITW, it was a harmless smart-alecky thing.
This is hostile. "You're dumb. Here's a blog post. You're morons."
ITW was more akin to a pat on the head. "You're very brave, but let's get real here."
>>
>>27820550
Sure you were.
>>
>>27820582
>blog post
>I got turned down for a promotion narrating the last thread of JAD, my waifu's been bitching at me to stop wasting my time on 4chan and get a real job... It's just been rough, okay?
>>
typical grill
>>
Can we get back on track please? We're resupplying here.
>>
>>27820677
No, this is complaint time.
>>
>>27820677
No, we are busy taking Inept's jokes seriously and getting triggered like a bunch of autistic children.
The quest is over for today, go home.
>>
File: image.png (180 KB, 1280x957) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180 KB, 1280x957
>>27820687
>>27820713
O-okay.
>>
File: tinypone286.png (3 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone286.png
3 KB, 640x400
>>27820443
>>27820677
>"Zecora? Hello, are you here?"
No answer.
>'Well, as long as I'm here, I might as well see if she has any better ballast than those stupid pebbles I grabbed. What was I thinking just going for those?'
One mooring later, and Feather Dust is on a scavenger hunt around Zecora's hut in search of useful tinypone-sized items. At her size, it takes quite awhile, but Zecora's... ah, minimalist style choices afford Feather Dust a few interesting options. Soon, she has a small assortment of items laid out on the floor: Several different kinds of seeds including corn, sunflower seeds, apple seeds, and... banana seeds, maybe? Whatever they are, they're very small, even for Feather Dust. She also found a piece of flint and some much thicker cordage than her standard dental floss (probably braided bark). There were few metal items to be found, but eventually Feather's search turned up an old and slightly malformed coin, likely made of copper or an alloy thereof, as well as a oddly small, rust-encrusted key for who-knows-what.
>'I don't know if the Edno will float with all this stuff... I might have to ax a few things. But I can't decide which ones...'
>>
>>27820811
Look around for something the key might fit into.
>>
>>27820811
Flint and coin no matter what. They have useful material properties. Rope if we have room for that too. I can't think of any way a rusty key would help us unless it unlocks something like >>27820849 said.
>>
>>27820811
Grab an apple seed in case of apple related emergencies.
>>
File: tinypone287.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone287.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27820849
>>27820971
>>27820980
Feather Dust has looked all around the hut, but there's nothing that looks like it even has a lock, let alone a keyhole small enough to stick the tiny key in.
Shrugging, Feather Dust begins to transfer apple seeds to her airship. They're light enough for her to climb with, and as far as ballast goes, they're pretty small, allowing for precise control. Furthermore, if there's one place where apples are serious business, it's Ponyville. Feather Dust doesn't want to offend the locals' sensibilities.
Next comes the cordage. Feather Dust tosses her coil of floss out and replaces it with the thicker, tougher bark cord. By the time she's done, the Ednosptrad is thankfully grounded. Finally comes the flint and the copper coin. They're both quite heavy... and so are those crystals that Feather Dust wants to toss overboard. These items are all quite heavy and would likely require assistance from an ant. Or a normal-sized pony.
>'Stupid rocks and minerals... I'm an Earthy. I should be able to move them myself...'
Feather Dust scrunches up at the objects of her ire, trying to determine how to move them.
>>
>>27821170

is it possible to use the coin to break off a smaller chunk of the flint?
>>
>>27821170
Lift off into the air, tilt the airship upwards or downwards, and then shove them out the cargo door in the floor. When the floor is at an angle they will move easier, thanks to the inclined plane. Just make sure to finish pushing and get back to the controls before you hit anything.
>>
>>27821170
Use the floss to make a pulley system to slide the crystals out.

>>27821180
The goal is to replace the useless crystals, not damage a new tool.
>>
File: tinypone288.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone288.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27821180
>>27821242
For a moment, Feather Dust considers taking the crude approach and trying to solve her problem with some good old-fashioned Earth pony strength, but then she has an epiphany...
>'The Edno... I can make it do the work for me!'
Her vigor renewed, Feather Dust takes the wheel and lifts off, angling the propeller as far as it'll go as quickly as it'll go. The stress sends the whole airship dipping forward, stabilizing to some extent at about a 30 degree incline. Securing the wheel in place with some spare floss, Feather gets up and carefully climbs to the back of the Ednosptrad, positioning herself behind the crystal and pushing against it as hard as her little legs can. Seeds and tacks tumble across the floor towards the cockpit, and the crystal slowly begins to skid across the floorboards towards the bay door. Between the force of Feather's legs and the tyranny of gravity, the crystal soon slides down to the bay door and tumbles out of the airship. The sudden decrease in weight sends the airship pitching sharply forward, and the crystal on the upper platform crashes down with a (comparatively) loud bang, coming to rest against the potentiometer as the aft end of the vessel lifts higher and higher.
>"Uh-oh."
Feather gallops back to the wheel and unhitches it, spinning it the other way to try and even out the ship. The Ednosptrad quickly rights itself, then begins to dip at the stern. This time, Feather doesn't dare risk keeping it at such an incline: She simply holds her position and leans her weight back against the crystal, sending it (and most of her other cargo) rolling backwards and out the bay door. With the majority of its ballast gone, the airship begins to ascend, but Feather Dust quickly reacts this time, keeping the airship from bumping into any more ceilings - or drifting out of anymore chimneys.
>"Perfect. Now I just need to get the coin and flint up here."
She peers down at the floor about a yard down.
>...Somehow."
>>
>>27821657
We're still tethered because we forgot to untie it, I can see the rope on our back landing strut. Reel it in slowly, then knot it at the bottom to keep the ship low.
>>
I guess everyone went to bed, so I'm stopping for the night, too. Thanks for playing!
And stop taking CYOA's so seriously, fampai.
>>
>>27821799
Night.
>>
>>27821657
fly down?
>>
>>27821799
K bye.
>>
>>27823658
>>
>>27824604
>>
>>27825256
>>
>>27826369
>>
Not starting just yet, but player assistance would be appreciated:
>>27827664
>>
File: tinypone289.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone289.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27821975
...Well I feel stupid now.
Feather Dust comes in for a landing and quickly ties the Ednosptrad down with a shorter length of cord so it can't float away again. Once that is done, she puts her tiny muscles to work and loads all of her fallen cargo back onto the airship, along with the flint and the copper coin.
>"Heave... ho... HEAVE... HO...!"
It takes a lot of sweating and grunting, but even a tiny Earth pony has some strength, and Feather Dust uses every last ounce of hers to get that cargo loaded. Once she's done, she just about flops over with exhaustion, panting from the effort.
>"I... I... did it... piece... of cake..."
>>
>>27828247
Take a rest, recover your strength, then fly up and out the chimney. We're going to go catch up with Gully and Zecora. Fly outwards in steadily bigger circles around the hut. Be methodical.
>>
>>27828247
Take the key as well, you never know when it could be useful.
>>
File: tinypone290.png (11 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone290.png
11 KB, 640x400
>>27828450
>>27828654
The exhausted little mare lays on the floor for a minute, staring at the ceiling while her heart pounds away like a tiny jackhammer.
>'Come on, Dusty, get off your rump and get flying! Zecora and Gulliver are still out there, somewhere, and it could be up to you to save them!'
After trying to force her body to cooperate for several tense seconds, Feather Dust finally gets to her hooves. She turns to board the Ednosptrad, but something stops her. She turns around and sees that rusty key, just sitting on the floor.
Beckoning her with its ability to open things.
>'...Okay. Maybe it'll come in handy.'
Feather Dust takes the key and boards the Ednosptrad once more. With the flint and coin weighing it down, the ship rises more slowly, but it soon clears the chimney and is sailing over the forest in tight circles, never straying too far from Zecora's place.
>'Come on, guys, where are you...?'
Eventually, Feather Dust spots something near a trail between two thick groves of trees.
>'Is that...?'
She squints through the bay door at the grey-and-greyer shape moving along the forest floor below.
>'It's Zecora! And she's heading back this way!'
That's when Feather Dust notices something blue in the zebra's hoof.
>'...What's she carrying...?'
>>
>>27828876
Zecora might have the poison joke we wanted, but where is gully?
>>
File: tinypone291.png (5 KB, 644x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone291.png
5 KB, 644x400
>>27828936
>"ZECORA!"
The rhyming zebra looks up; when she sees the tiny airship descending towards her, she smiles widely.
"Feather Dust, good to see you again!" she calls. "I take it that you found your airship, then?"
>"Yeah, Kiki found it. Where's Gully?"
"I have not seen him since he gave chase to that raptor that tried to devour your face."
>"...That was kind of morbid."
"Sorry, but if I may be plain: Rhyming can be a bit of a pain."
>"Oh. I guess so... So, you don't know where Gulliver is?"
Zecora shakes her head.
>>
>>27829230
He's probably dead then.
F
>>
>>27829230
Well, we can't just keep floating here then. We have to find him!
>>
>>27829230
Can you track him maybe?
>>
>>27829230

If Zecora's up for it, can she help us find him?

He did try to go back and look for her.
>>
File: tinypone292.png (5 KB, 692x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone292.png
5 KB, 692x400
>>27829290
>>27829346
>>27829373
>"Well, I can't just keep floating here, then! We have to find him!"
"I am worried about him, too," Zecora answers, "but you don't know where to look, do you?"
>"...No... But you can track him, can't you? You know about living in this forest, right? I'm sure you can figure out where he is!"
Zecora looks at Feather Dust sadly. "Perhaps if I had some kind of clue," she admits, "I could figure out a way to reunite you two. But without a good lead, trying to track will be like looking for a needle in a haystack."
Feather Dust's ears flop over, along with her stomach. Scouring the forest could take days... What if Gulliver is hurt? What if he gets sick, or hungry? What if something attacks him?!
"Eeeee! EEEeeeeeee!!"
The silence between the two mares is broken by a faint squeaking noise. Feather Dust and Zecora turn in the direction it seems to be coming from. It gets louder and louder, until suddenly its source - a small, dark shape weaving between the trees - appears and swoops in, coming right for them!
>>
>>27829602
It's Kiki! What is it, boy?
>>
>>27829602
Gully is in danger, oh celestia we got to save him!
>>
>>27829602
What's that? Gulliver's trapped in a well?
>>
File: tinypone293.png (6 KB, 632x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone293.png
6 KB, 632x400
>>27829624
>>27829646
>>27829728
>"Kiki! What's wrong, boy? Is Gulliver trapped in a well?"
The noisy little bat responds in an odd way: He shakes his head, then right after that he nods his head. He points one of his wings back the way he came from.
Feather Dust's eyes widen with horror.
>"Gully's in danger!!"
Kiki nods so hard he probably just scrambled his peanut-sized brain.
>"Oh, Celestia! We have to save him!"
"Agreed." Zecora answers with a vigorous nod. She turns to Kiki. "Please, lead!"
Kiki does a wide U-turn and zips off into the trees, with Zecora in hot pursuit. Feather Dust cranks the potentiometer up to max and floors it, her tiny airship thankfully souped up enough to nearly keep pace with a small bat flying at top speed. After a couple of minutes, a faint noise reaches Feather Dust's ears.
"HEEEEELP!!"
>>
Stopping early because I'm an asshole, and also I'm too tired to keep going. Thanks for playing!
Next time: the final boss! Can a bat, a tiny mare in a soda can, and an injured zebra save Gulliver from whatever beast of the forest has him in its clutches?!
>>
>>27829953
Night Inept.
>>
>>27829953
Goodnight. Sleep well.
>>
>>27833602
>>
>>27829953
>Can a bat, a tiny mare in a soda can, and an injured zebra save Gulliver from whatever beast of the forest has him in its clutches?!
yes.
>>
Oh good the thread's still up.
I have to go on a little trip, so I'm going to be unable to update for a bit. I should be back by tomorrow (Saturday) night.
>>
>>27835237
Maybe
>>
>>27838804
on it boss.

how you want them bumps?
Hot?
Cold?
Fried?
Grilled?
>>
>>27840104
Sunny side up
>>
>>27841281
You got it
>>
>>27840104

Runny.
>>
>>27840104
Smothered in Hollandaise, please.
>>
>>27843607
>>27842169
coming right up.
>>
>>27841674
>>27844656
You're so good to us bump chef.
>>
>>27846613
The bumps almost got cold.
Adding pepper to this bump
>>
>>27847571
time to chop it into pieces

b u m p
>>
>>27848781
Could I get a new york bump, nedium rare?
>>
>>27850240
No.
>>
>>27850240
Yes.
>>
>>27850240
Maybe.
>>
>>27850240
Medium rare could be bad for your health but

Bu mp
>>
File: tinypone294.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone294.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27829932
Up ahead, down the ridge deep in the heart of the forest, the sound grows louder and more desperate.
"HEEEELP!!" Gulliver wails. "HEEeeeeeEEEEELP!!"
>>
>>27853930
Oh god what plant creature is that Zecora?
>>
>>27853930
Judging by the time he had to scream for help, he probably just got his hoof caught and he's not in immediate trouble at all.

The shouting, however, is a problem. We need to quiet him down lest he draw predators.
>>
>>27854015
Don't you see the dirt trail he's leaving behind, something is dragging him to eat him.
>>
>>27854035
How far away did it grab him? It's a two-way trip to get help after all.
>>
>>27854035
I figured that was just a patch of mud.
>>
File: tinypone295.png (7 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone295.png
7 KB, 640x400
>>27853997
>>27854015
>>27854035
The Ednosptrad, Zecora, and Kiki burst onto the scene. Feather Dust's eyes turn to saucers at the sight of the slimy green tendril dragging Gulliver into the depths of the forest.
>"Zecora, what kind of... plant... monster... is that?!"
"Farasi mnywaji." the zebra responds, glaring across the small clearing. "We must free him, and quickly!"
Gulliver stares up at Zecora and Feather Dust with pleading eyes. "PLEASE, HELP!" he cries as the tendril continues dragging him underneath a rocky outcropping. "GET THIS THING OFF ME!"
Zecora quickly turns to the Ednosptrad. "I'll try to pull him out of its grip." she says. "You must find a tool to cut or rip!"
>>
>>27854317
The only thing I can think of, which we have, that can be sharp is the soda can. But that would break it.
>>
>>27854317
We can use the flint and coin to burn it or use the propellers it try and cut it.
>>
>>27854372
>>27854392
Tiebreak needed.
No I'm not going to just flip a coin the engineering autists will have my head on a pike if the Ednosptrad gets dismantled because of me.
>>
>>27854663
I vote option 2.
>>
>>27854663
I agree with option 2. I suggested >>27854372 since I was only thinking about cutting, but burning could work.
>>
>>27854663
>>27854317

flint and coin vote +1
>>
>>27854317

This is tough. I really am worried for poor Gulliver.
If the flint and coin works, it'd make me happy, but if not, I would accept the loss of the ednosptrad if it means saving him. We can rebuild another airship, we can never rebuild our Gully.
>>
File: tinypone296.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone296.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27854392
>>27854680
>>27854718
>>27854827
>>27854854
>"Got it!"
Zecora makes a beeline for Gulliver, diving and grabbing his hooves and then digging hers into the ground. The vine pulling on Gulliver's back leg goes taut.
While Zecora and Gulliver struggle, the Ednosptrad swoops in over the vine. Feather Dust pushes the flint chunk up to the edge of the coin and lifts a hoof to kick the two items past each other.
>'Please let this be ferrocerium flint...'
Positioning the bay door at the best angle she can discern, Feather Dust kicks mightily, scraping the slightly lighter coin against the flint chunk.
By some great stroke of luck, the ridges of the coin act like a ridged steel stick, kicking up a few sparks. They arc through the air inside the gondola...
Then, they harmlessly strike the wall. One hits the cordage roll and begins to smolder.
>"Oh, crap!"
Through the bay door, Feather Dust sees the vine has begun to pull once more. Gulliver starts to wail again, and Zecora can be heard grunting and straining from the exertion of trying to fight the plant's grip.
>"Gully! Zecora!"
Ignoring the fire damage, Feather Dust repositions herself and her tools and tries again. Again, several sparks are created. One hits the toothpick anchoring the left drag sail to the hull, causing it to smoke. But several others fly out of the bay door and strike against the vine, causing it to catch fire! The blaze is tiny, but it's enough to cause the vine to recoil, letting Gulliver go and retreating back into the shadows. A couple of rustling thuds can be heard on the ground behind Feather Dust, along with an "oof!" from Zecora and some terrified gibberish from Gulliver.
But then another sound reaches Feather Dust's ears. It's some kind of wet rustling, shifting noise, followed by what sounds like the world's biggest rattlesnake shaking its tail.
>>
>>27854942
"Gully grab me with your magic!"
Gun the engine anyway just in case.
>>
>>27854942
Dump the cordage because it's actively on fire and we don't want to asphyxiate in a tin can. The toothpick just smoldered for a second, so it should be fine, if a little blackened. Then do what >>27854955 said.
>>
>>27855009

>dump the burning cordage
>gun the engine

seconded. let's get our tiny butts out of there
>>
>>27854942
RUN!!!
>>
File: tinypone297.png (12 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone297.png
12 KB, 640x400
>>27854955
>>27855009
>>27855050
>>27855052
For a moment, there is relief.
>'It sounds like Gully's loose...! Thank Ce-'
Then there is fear.
>'What's that rattling sound...?'
Then there is panic.
>"AAGH!"
Feather Dust quickly pulls down the burning cordage and chucks it out of the bay door. The gondola now smells of smoke, but the danger of fire and asphyxiation is thankfully gone.
>'Time to get out of here before... before...'
As Feather Dust trots back towards her command post, something outside of the ruined windshield freezes her in her tracks.
There is a dark shape where the vine slithered off to. It is bigger than Zecora and Gulliver put together.
And it is MOVING.
>"GULLY GRAB ME WITH YOUR MAGIC QUICK!!!"
Feather Dust floors the pedal and turns the Ednosptrad hard-a-starboard, bringing the airship around as fast as she possibly can. A warm yellow glow wraps around the hull, giving the tiny airship the equivalent of a rocket boost. Feather Dust can hear that rattling sound behind her again, even louder now. Through the front window, she can see Zecora and Gulliver quickly backing up, their eyes wide with horror. Like in the horror movies, Feather Dust slowly turns around and peeks out the bay door, getting her first good look at the owner of that singed vine...
>>
Stopping for the night. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>27855790
Continue flying like your life depends on it because it kind of does.

>>27855798
Thanks for running.
>>
>>27855798
k
>>
>>27855798
See you later.
>>
>>27857752
>>
>>27858700
>>
>>27859746
>>
File: tinypone298.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone298.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27855871
>'NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPNEOOENO-'
The Ednosptrad charges full-speed ahead, towards Zecora and Gulliver.
"Let's get out of here!" the unicorn squeals fearfully, protectively pulling the Ednosptrad right up into his chest fluff.
>"Sounds good to me!"
But an ear-piercing squeak stops the trio in their tracks. There are many vines hanging down in this area. And not all of them are as immobile as the three equine adventurers may have hoped.
"Bruce!"
>"Kiki!"
>>
>>27861865
I am out of ideas. There is nothing with the Ednosptrad that I can think of that would improve our situation.

We could have Gully use his Magic again to try to pry the vines open from around Kiki's wing, but is he strong enough to do that?
>>
>>27862075
And Kiki's body, that too.
>>
>>27861865
Ram the vine wrapped around Kiki's torso with the can. We don't even need to hit it hard enough to cut it, just hard enough to reduce the tension on it and give Kiki a chance to get free.
>>
>>27862340
That sounds like a good way to get the Edno grabbed.
>>
>>27862382
We'll need to build a new one once we're big, anyway. If we need to sacrifice it to save Kiki, we can. I don't think we'll actually have to abandon ship, but if we do, we can ride Kiki out.
>>
>>27862476
How noble. I only agree if the new one has laser canons.
>>
File: tinypone299.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone299.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27862075
>>27862099
>>27862340
>>27862382
>>27862476
>"Gully, use your magic horn lasers!"
"I don't know how to do that!" Gulliver cries.
>"Then... use your magic horn... not-lasers!"
With no other options available to him, Gulliver tries his magic. A yellow glow wraps Kiki's body and the vines binding it. Gulliver grunts and grits his teeth as he tries to untie the bat, whose squeaks are quickly being replaced by pained wheezing.
>'It's choking him!'
Feather Dust kicks the Ednosptrad back into gear, charging at the vine binding Kiki's chest. The impact nearly sends Feather Dust hurtling out the windshield, but to the massive plant, it does little more than squeeze the vine a tiny bit more taut against the impacting body. This gives Gulliver a tiny amount of wiggle room, and as soon as he feels it, he pours his magic into it, prying it open enough for Kiki to take a gulp of much-needed air. That's all the motivation the bat needs to scramble out of the vine's grip, leaving him hanging by his wing. Now free to focus all his magic on the single remaining vine, Gulliver pries it open enough for Kiki to drop free. The bat skrees triumphantly and opens his wings, quickly getting away from the monstrous plant.
"We got him!" Gulliver yells triumphantly. "Come on, Dusty, let's get out of here!"
>>
>>27862805
Gully get ready to grab me in your magic if I have to jump out!
>>
>>27862805
Get out of there before we get grabbed.
>>
>>27862805
We don't want to turn around while touching the plant, so kick it into reverse, and as soon as we're a foot or two back we can execute a bootlegger turn and spin around, switching back to forward gear.
>>
>>27862860
I'm not sure if we're nimble enough to do that, but we definitely should reverse out of this instead of trying to turn and tangle ourselves up. Hopefully we can get back fast enough to save the ship.
>>
File: tinypone300.png (6 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone300.png
6 KB, 640x400
>>27862805
>>27862815
>>27862855
>>27862860
>>27862890
>"You don't have to tell me twice!"
That's the last thing that Feather Dust says before the ravenous vines entangle the Ednosptrad.
>>
>>27862922
Gully, can you get me out?
If not, I have to jump out, please, please catch me!
>>
>>27862922
Bail out! Bail out! Jump outta the bomb bay!
>>
>>27862922
There aren't really any gripping surfaces on an ellipsoid so Gully should be able to push the vines off as long as it doesn't grip the can.
>>
>>27862981
That vine is primed to jam through our pilot hole. We gotta get out now.
>>
File: tinypone301.png (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone301.png
5 KB, 640x400
>>27862947
>>27862957
>>27862981
"DUSTY!!!"
Feather Dust tries desperately to rock the Ednosptrad free, but the plant seems to have learned from its first two attempts; it sends vine after vine to ensnare the airship. The sound of creaking metal surrounds the miniature mare.
>'Oh no! No NO NO!!'
A yellow light envelops the Ednosptrad, but the vines hold tight and the creaking continues. A loud BANG! like a gunshot can be heard above the gondola. Something on the opposite side of the hull snaps. Feather Dust begins to feel nauseous. She glances around, her eyes falling on the half-covered bay door. She hesitates for a second, before turning back to her now-bent megaphone.
>"GULLY CATCH ME!!"
Feather Dust turns and makes a mad dash for the bay door, jumping out into the open air.
For several seconds, she plummets, hoping against hope that no vines lash out and grab her...
>>
>>27863233
Doubtful they would.

A tiger doesn't hunt flies when there are antelope in sight.
>>
File: tinypone302.png (3 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tinypone302.png
3 KB, 640x400
>>27863233
Her prayers are answered: The only one who catches her is Gulliver. She looks up at him with wide, teary eyes.
>"Gully... My ship..."
"I know, Dusty." he answers, a mix of relief and fear in his voice. "I'm sorry... But we should get out of here before that thing figures out the Edno isn't food."
Kiki, however, seems keen on staying. He screeches angrily at the pony-eating plant, his wings balled up into the bat equivalent of fists. He throws a few practice jabs and hooks until he realizes that he's no longer flying and promptly flops to the ground. In an attempt to save face, he quickly climbs back up into the air to his previous position, his verbal assault on the carnivorous flower continuing unabated.
>>
>>27863275
Kiki, it's to late for the ship. Just let the plant have it.
>>
>>27863275
Kiki, I know how you feel, and I appreciate it, but the Edno didn't give its life in vain. I knew the risk when I went back to save you, but I'm all out of ships to sacrifice. Don't go back. I can build a new one.

And the Ednosptrad mark four will have lasers.
>>
>>27863346
Incorrect The Ednosptrad mark four will be three different forty foot tall robots piloted by us, Gulliver, and Coco, and they will combine to form ultrapone.
>>
>>27863275
No, Kiki/Bruce! It's gone. I'll build another one and you can be quartermaster or something, but you shouldn't go back!

>>27863503
Can they have rockets in their legs? Because it's not real mecha unless they have rockets in their legs.
>>
File: tinypone303.png (10 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
tinypone303.png
10 KB, 640x800
>>27863303
>>27863346
>>27863503
>>27863552
Feather Dust forces herself to smile.
>"I know, Kiki... But it's too late. Just let the plant have it."
Kiki continues to screech angrily. Feather Dust holds up a hoof to try and calm him, and then she removes her captain's hat.
>"No, Kiki! It's gone... I know how you feel, but the Ednosptrad didn't give its life in vain. I knew the risk when I went back for you. So don't go back for it, okay? I'm all out of ships to sacrifice."
Her voice cracks.
>"But I can build a new one. The Ednosptrad Mark 4 will be better, stronger, faster... Oh, and it'll have lasers!"
Kiki frowns, but he accepts what he's being told, nodding and shutting his mouth.
>"You'll see. Maybe I'll even make more than one. And they'll be forty feet tall robots with rockets in their legs, and me and Gully and Coco will pilot them, and they'll combine together to form Ultrapone! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
Feather Dust twists herself around in mid-air, turning away and laughing as she watches the giant flower close around her crumpled, tattered airship.
>"Ha ha... ha..."
And as she laughs, tears begin to drip down her cheeks.
>>
Stopping for the night. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>27863668
It's okay to cry, Dusty.
>>
>>27863668
There there, Feather. Let it all out. You've come a long way from a bottle cap tied to a balloon, and you have farther still to go.

Give Gully a hug when you land on him. Bury your tiny face in his fur.
>>
>>27863668
Well looks like it's time for a good ol
>Try not to cry
>cry a lot
>>
>>27863668
Just let it all out tiny pony.
>>
Save.
>>
>>27867194
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.