[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally got caught up with the last few episodes of season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19
File: ap_04_zpsaf573541.jpg (40 KB, 969x471) Image search: [Google]
ap_04_zpsaf573541.jpg
40 KB, 969x471
I finally got caught up with the last few episodes of season 6.

What'd everybody think of them on here?
>>
File: images(2).jpg (11 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
11 KB, 245x206
>>27823966
>watching the show
>>
Different things. Some of us are starting a Dave Rapp hate club, wanna join us?
>>
File: image.png (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 600x600
"Crystalling" -Worst season opener yet
"The Gift of Maud Pie" -Great episode, you can't mess up Maud
"On Your Marks" -Mediocre at best
"Gauntlet of Fire" -Best Spike episode in the series, hands down.
"No Second Prances" -Pretty Bland Episode, Trixie's character felt very weak while Twilight didn't act like herself.
"Newbie Dash" -Plain bad
"A Hearth's Warming Tail" -Personally my favorite episode, it was so well executed and written that it's on my top 10 best of all time.
"Saddle Row & Rec" -This was boring beyond comparison, there was so much time wasted on filler I actually had to start skipping through the episode. The plot of the episode itself didn't make a bit of sense!
"Applejack's Day Off" -It didn't make much sense at times and the story gets taken from one place and thrown to another. Plus, the lesson (if you can call it that) is so stupid that it's not even worth telling.
"Flutter Brutter" -I'm angry they just THREW Fluttershy's parents into the episode and not even mention the significance of it since its been 5 YEARS since Fluttershy has seen her family! Now, onto the demon...Zephyr is a VERY annoying character, he's destructive, he's manipulative, he's a narcissist, he's a psychopath basically. He's reformed in literally LESS THAN ONE episode? Wow, Fluttershy must be really good at rehab! I would have liked to see Zephyr become a side villain like Trixie, it would've been interesting and could fit into a really nice lesson about family.
"Spice Up Your Life" -Great episode that makes a social commentary on critics of all kind. It also has the "be yourself" theme, which is really important for children and adults to remember! I love Saffron, Cumin, and Zesty as characters, they are excellent. Zesty reminds me of some sort of Disney villain, the way her presence changes the atmosphere around her, awesome character!
HYPE FOR "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" HOPING FOR BRONY JOKES AND LOTS OF THEM
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 232x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 232x250
>>27823976
Sign me up
>>
>>27824102
>Hearth Warming Tail was well written (literally copied from Christmas Carol)
>Saddle Row Review was boring

stupid mobile posters
>>
File: image.png (238 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238 KB, 500x410
>>27824121
Have you been living under a rock anon?
EVERYONE DOES A CHRISTMAS CAROL ADAPTION.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YetAnotherChristmasCarol
The point is that it was a well made ADAPTION of A Christmas Carol.

Remember the term "ADAPTION"
>>
>>27824142
>the page you linked explained the plot of the episode in it's entirety
>the only difference is that our version has horses

yes this is very well made
>>
>>27824102
>I'm angry they just THREW Fluttershy's parents into the episode and not even mention the significance of it since its been 5 YEARS since Fluttershy has seen her family!

Has that been said? I mean come on man, literal seasons change in the span of an episode or two sometimes....we don't see EVERYTHING that goes on in the lives of the characters within these 22 minute episodes, some things you just have to assume happen offscreen unless said otherwise

I mostly agree with this anons post though, only episode I straight up didn't care for was Newbie Dash (although, I never like to fully judge an episode till repeat viewings and I've only see nit once) and my personal favorite one was Hearths Warming Tale, I love all the Hearths Warming episodes they do desu.....disagree about Saddle Row though, I thought it was a refreshing change of pace from the usual episodes

As for the Crystalling I certainly don't think it did anything...wrong, or badly, but yeah it didn't have the oomph of some of the old ones. Maybe it's just because we literally just went through a similar journey we are with Starlight with Sunset Shimmer, so the whole "evil magic bitch turned good" just seems a bit rehashed
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 512x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 512x526
>>27824161
You missed the point.
I said it was a good ADAPTION
EVERYONE DOES A CHRISTMAS CAROL ADAPTION, and I feel MLP did a very good one!
There are 20 Christmas Carol films out there, and 27 TV adaptions of it. My point is that everyone might make the same thing, but they'll always come out in different ways.
>>
File: image.png (518 KB, 1172x426) Image search: [Google]
image.png
518 KB, 1172x426
>>27824165
I agree with you on basically everything in that post, I just find some things over people like boring. And I would have written more if I hadn't used up all my 2000 characters in my OP.

(But, just because we've brought it up, the only good part of The Crystalling was the Sunburst/GilmGlam (Starburst) ship setting sail)
>>
>>27824204
On Your Marks and AJ's Day Off were pretty boring to me...not really bad, but yeah...definitely not ones I'm gonna be watching over again too frequently. I'll just look up the nice Applebloom song on Youtube when I wanna hear it
>>
I really, really enjoyed Saddle Row Review and the Hearth's Warming episode. Spice Up Your Life was average-to-good, but the song in it was a standout success; that Bollywood style was a ton of fun.
>>
>>27823976
Is there any for Neal Dusedau?
>>
Gauntlet of Fire is still the best episode.
>>
>>27824338
Well, duh, everyone here hates Neal Dusedau. But some of us hate Dave Rapp too and it's time to get our own club.
>>
File: hlXu0DRu_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hlXu0DRu_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>27824102
I was with you until Hearthwarming episode

>"A Hearth's Warming Tail" -Personally my favorite episode, it was so well executed and written that it's on my top 10 best of all time

It was not even MLP related. Just a shitty iteration of Christmas Carol. It's going to be forgotten this year while old as fuck muppets will be still popular. They need to do something cool with hteir original material instead ripping off known tales.
5/10 just for the visual

>"Saddle Row & Rec" -This was boring beyond comparison, there was so much time wasted on filler I actually had to start skipping through the episode

You are wrong with opinions again, this episode was a perfect example of a Slice of Life episode just like Spike's episode was the perfect adventure episode example. In SoL is about interaction, dialouge and comedy(if the series doesn't try to be serious) and these worked well withing 22 minute time limit. Maybe not very memorable but a very decent "Friends" sitcom tier of comedy. 9/10

>"Applejack's Day Off"
agree

>"Flutter Brutter"
You went to deep and dumb with your impression of Zephyr. Villain? Are you seriously considering 99% of this board to become a villain material? He was just an annoying NEET with cheeto dust on his hooves. He was meant to be despised. The episode major value lies in Fluttershy and the fact that she's grown into a very much assertive and responsible character. She was usually like that only around Discord, but now it seem she became more direct in expressing herself. That was a firm 7/10 Fluttershy episode. Only the jokes dragged too much with Zephyr biung a cartoony tier asshole without a glimps of empathy.

>"Spice Up Your Life"
This is your major fuck up. Episode was shit, with writer trying to damage control the negative criticism over the show. Setting and characters were generic and writer probably came up with the idea while visitng an indian restuarant. There is nothing magical or fantastic in that MLP boring episode.
>>
File: 1467286084907.gif (2 MB, 400x174) Image search: [Google]
1467286084907.gif
2 MB, 400x174
>>27824190
It's still shit. I may be a fan of Steven Universe but i don't give a flying fuck if they going to replay the same Christmas Carol scenario. Is just a waste of time and episode premise. They made more interesting plotline with 3 tribes and Windigos in their previous Christmas episode. They don't have tro pander to modern stories only to be relatable. Is wasting lore/story opportunities for useless mainstream pandering.
>>
>>27824383
>It was not even MLP related. Just a shitty iteration of Christmas Carol. It's going to be forgotten this year while old as fuck muppets will be still popular. They need to do something cool with hteir original material instead ripping off known tales.
Yeah, and I guess The Mane Attraction wasn't "MLP related" just because it was a parody of the real life music industry! MLP HAS NEVER DONE PARODY OR HOMAGE BEFORE HA HA...HWT was about three things, cute horses, good songs, and a cute holiday homage, it achieved all three. Do you hate the Nightmare Night episodes too because it's CLEARLY based on Halloween?

>This is your major fuck up. Episode was shit, with writer trying to damage control the negative criticism over the show.
Autism. You have to be seriously deluded to believe this was the point of the episode, and probably a neet.

>Setting and characters were generic and writer probably came up with the idea while visitng an indian restuarant.
Most things in MLP were probably came up while doing something in real life, you vapid dunce. The show has ALWAYS presented "real life" things to us in a fantasy world
>What is manehatten
>>
>>27823975
Nice thumbnail, /r/funnychan.
Hey xxxhomoxxx, don't forget this one, it's a gem.
>>
>>27824102
>"Crystalling" -Worst season opener yet
I was about to start telling you why you're wrong, but then I actually thought about it.

Yeah, it really was the worst, wasn't it? Normally season openers are pretty strong, even Princess Twilight was kinda kick-ass. All I remember about this season's opening is that there was a babby and shit got cold.

Lowered the bar a bit.

Loved the rest of the season though. Saddle Row & Rec was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>27824946
Friendship is Magic is the worst season opener.
>>
>>27824102
>not liking SR&R

what'swrongwithyou.gif
>>
>>27823966
The early episodes were a little too "new wave" for my taste. But when "Saddle Row Review" came out in May, I think they really came into their own. Commercially and artistically.

The whole episode has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate profressionalism, that really gives the season a big boost.
>>
File: bateman_ponk.png (130 KB, 449x623) Image search: [Google]
bateman_ponk.png
130 KB, 449x623
>>27826059
In '16, MLP released this, Saddle Row Review, their most accomplished episode. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Sweep, Sweep', a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics, but they should.
Because it's not just about the pleasures of cleaning and the importance of friends. It's also a personal statement about the ponies themselves.
>>
>>27827333
witnessed
>>
File: 1460324953077.jpg (63 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1460324953077.jpg
63 KB, 472x472
>>27827333
nice
>>
>>27824396
I bet you get upset when you open a bottle of chocolate milk and it tastes just like the last one you had.
>>
File: 1433532267038.png (274 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1433532267038.png
274 KB, 500x375
>>27827561
>buying bottles of chocolate milk
>not just mixing your own
>>
File: 1465509388619.png (864 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465509388619.png
864 KB, 1280x720
>Crystalling: 2/10
The baby
>The Gift of Maud Pie: 5/10
HAND stitched rock pouch
>Gauntlet of Fire: 9/10
Surprised to see a good Spike ep
>No Second Prances: 5/10
Ponies act like bitches and suicide is confirmed cannon
>Newbie Dash: 4/10
Meh
>A Hearth's Warming Tail: wut/10
It's not even close to christmas also we all heard the tale several times
>The Saddle Row Review: 7/10
Being generous because young girls with braces turn me the fuck on pic related
>Applejack's "Day" Off: 6/10
I found the episode comfy
>Flutter Brutter: 5/10
I wanted Charlie Day
>Spice Up Your Life ?/10
I'm about to watch it now

>>27824396
Do you think that turtle is scared or excited to be super fast?
>>
File: Here comes dat Scoot.gif (2 MB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
Here comes dat Scoot.gif
2 MB, 820x820
>>27827839
Oops forgot this one
>On Your Marks: 3/10
So forgettable I forgot it
>>
File: 1432707531889.png (140 KB, 909x830) Image search: [Google]
1432707531889.png
140 KB, 909x830
>>27827333
Finally, a good reason to post this
>>
File: SB 5.png (289 KB, 1575x1011) Image search: [Google]
SB 5.png
289 KB, 1575x1011
>>27827333
Checked!
>>
>>27824102
The lesson in Applejack's Day Off is decent enough, you'll be surprised on how things can be overlooked in the real world that outsiders can catch. The other point is valid though.
>>
>>27828818
I agree, it was a good, worthwhile lesson, and it was executed well enough in the spa scenes, but back on the farm the story went full retard.
>>
File: checked.png (496 KB, 677x716) Image search: [Google]
checked.png
496 KB, 677x716
>>27827333
fabulous trips
>>
File: Shark.png (42 KB, 163x167) Image search: [Google]
Shark.png
42 KB, 163x167
>>27827839
>Spice Up Your Life 8/10
Poo in the loo ponies lel
Rarity telling them to be the same as everyone else, if Foodnetwork taught me anything it's that though
Fashion/Art doesn't equal cuisine establishment
As for the food itself that's a different story

Also I didn't notice the daughter was a unicorn until 13 mins in when she grabbed the tray with her magic and does a ponies ass get that fat?!

PS I couldn't stop looking at Rarity's shark after the pointy shark came in
>>
>>27823966
Impressive dubs
>>
>>27823966
>asking people what they think instead of forming own opinion
>>
>Spice Up Your Life

It was one of the most predictable episodes ever. From the very beggining it was painfully obvious what was going to happen. The song was catchy, but shitty.

Rarity was protrayed as an absolute retard.

3/10 at best.
>>
I thought most of the season was okay, but most of the songs are really mediocre. He must be working on the movie mostly.
>>
>>27831862
It' called having a discussion about shared interests, you fucking autist.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 230x219
>>27823966
They were all amazing darling
>>
>>27823966
Most people stopped watching after the dumpster fire of MMC, and what's left has been dwindling away over the years. Hardly anyone has discussed this season, with most horsefuckers living in their greentext generals of choice instead.
>>
>>27825173
Nah anon, is actually really great
>establishes the characters we see again nearly 5 seasons later
>good visual forshadowing with the NMM reflections on the giant hour glass
>establishes moon dancer in canon, a character we don't see until season 5 making for some amazing establishment
its bretty good overall/10 famalama
>>
>>27832104
>Most people stopped watching after MMC

But they all came back, as evidenced by the almost daily demands for spoonfeeding.
>>
>>27832104
That's simply not true. We got plenty of show discussion after each episode. This very thread is discussing the season, and even now, in the middle of a hiatus, we've a running thread discussing some synopsis. You can't seriously say that there isn't show discussion on this board.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.