[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CASE FILE : NORTHERN EXCURSION FOR PRIVILEGED EYES ONLY http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: NoRTH1a.png (275 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NoRTH1a.png
275 KB, 600x600
CASE FILE : NORTHERN EXCURSION
FOR PRIVILEGED EYES ONLY
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/northern

Recap.
After bringing back Pyrite from the other outpost, they placed him into the heater to warm him up. Cherry Blossom cracks under the stress and anxiety of everything happening, and asks to be picked up by the transport. Rem, hoping to learn what the sphere has actually affected, asks the team to get tested for any abnormalities. They all show green across the board. Rem however, does not. The machine confuses her for having unicorn, pegasi and earth pony DNA, as well as some cells acting "cancerous". It's at this point, that Pyrite speaks up from inside the heater...
>>
PRAISE BE
>>
File: north140.png (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
north140.png
20 KB, 600x600
>>27764517
previous post
"I-I've been better..."
>Sea Foam: "Did, did something happen?"
"I have no idea."
>Mera: "What is wrong?"
"W-we don't know."
You look down at your hooves.
Are you going to change into... something else?
Are you dangerous?
Are you going to turn into the same thing as Pyrite?
Mera shifts her body.
>Mera: "Mother."
"Yes?"
She points to the heater.
You turn to look.
Heavy, labored breathing comes from the inside.
>Pyrite: "You... you have touched... the sphere..."
>>
>>27764542
a couple of us have, yes.
>>
>>27764542
Yes, and we have also communicated with it. It told us that we were the first, though I suspect that this is either a lie or the sphere has a faulty memory.
>>
>>27764605
I'm assuming there might be a second. The sphere was in a sealed chamber after all.
>>
>>27764542
Hey, try and keep calm, okay? You've been through a lot and the most important thing for you to do right now is relax.

(We are a psychologist, remember.)
>>
File: north141.png (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
north141.png
18 KB, 500x500
>>27764542
>>27764570
>>27764641
>>27764686
"Y-you can talk?"
>Pyrite: "I can..."
You walk towards the heater.
"You should really try and not exert yourself. You've been through a lot an-"
>Pyrite: "You... may have... a lot to go through... as well... if you aren't careful..."
"What do you mean?"
>Pyrite: "You have... touched the sphere... yes?"
You nod.
>Sea Foam: "A-actually a few of us did."
>Pyrite: "But she... connected with it..."
"Connected?"
>Pyrite: "That... is how you... connected with me..."
"So... you connected with the sphere as well?"
>Pyrite: "Yes."
"But, the sphere told us that we were the first. Does that mean you found a separate sphere?"
>Pyrite: "No... it is.. the only one here..."
"So it lied to us?"
>Pyrite: "The sphere... is fragile... it's mind more so..."
"You think it forgot?"
>Pyrite: "I think... it was made... to forget... by an outside force."
>>
>>27764775
Press for more details carefully. Don't freak him out. Just ask him for what he knows.
>>
>>27764775
He seems to know a bit more about the sphere than we do. Let him keep talking.
>>
>>27764775
Do you want us to do anything to make you more comfortable?
>>
>>27764775
Patches 'connected' with it too...
>>
>>27764775
The cancer, is that just the machine reading my cells re-arranging into a foreign construct or do you think I'm mutating and also have cancer?
>>
>>27764775
Outside force? Please tell us everything you can. But first do you need anything, anything to make you more comfortable? Are you in pain? How can we help?
>>
>>27764775
>>27764787
>>27764797
>>27764799
>>27764816
>>27764818
"How do you mean?"
>Pyrite: "You must... have encountered them... by now..."
"Them?"
>Sea Foam: "He might mean those things that have been moving around the outpost recently."
>Pyrite: "Yes... they are dangerous... and can connect with the sphere..."
"Well, the sphere did mention that it had been talking to some others. They were teaching it things if I recall."
>Pyrite: "They do not... want ponies... talking with the sphere..."
"How do you know?"
>Pyrite: "I connected with one... they try to get... into your mind..."
You remember how Mera said something tried to find you before the quake happened.
>Pyrite: "I was not able to... understand what it thought... but i felt a hatred... burning within them..."
"But why? Why do they hate us?"
>Pyrite: "I do not... know..."
You all stay in silence for a few moments, a droning sound coming from the heater is the only thing that could be heard.
>Pyrite: "Has the sphere... mentioned a name to you?"
"Uh, yes actually. It said that it's name was uh... Bayneu?"
>Pyrite: "It's name is bānû... Creator..."
A sharp pain rushes through your head for a brief instant.
1/2
>>
>>27765031
"P-pyrite... the machine said cancer. Is that because my cells are changing into a foreign construct? Or..."
>Pyrite: "Rem... take a look at... my back..."
You walk to the other side of the window.
Two featherless wings protrude from his back. They are smaller than you'd think wings normally are.
>Pyrite: "Rem..."
"yes?"
>Pyrite: "I... am an Earth pony... If you too are changing in some way... it might interfere with your test..."
"Wait, but Patches connected with the sphere as well. Does that mean he too will change?"
>Pyrite: "If you were also... touching the sphere... then it was using you to connect... not directly connecting to him."
He slips a bit off the glass.
>Pyrite: "I must... rest now..."
"Do you need anything from us to make you feel more comfortable?"
>Pyrite: "No... thank you... I believe I will be able to speak again... in a few hours..."
You back away from the heater and look to Sea Foam.
>Sea Foam: "Wh-what do we do now?"
>>
>>27765039
Hyperventilate.
>>
So, its fairly obvious that we're becoming an alicorn or something, and that Pyrite was a failure. Is that the purpose of the sphere? Creating deities?
>>
File: 600px-Thing17.jpg (33 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
600px-Thing17.jpg
33 KB, 600x255
>>27765039
Welp, time to burn down the base.
>>
>>27765031
well...shit.
I don't know. Maybe we should get drunk.
>>
Let's just bail. We've got way more on our plate than we can handle, no informaiton, the knowledge that another team of experts couldn't manage this shit, and now we've got cancer? Fuck this, I'm outta here.
>>
>>27765154
More importantly we now know there's a distinct foreign risk that already took out the other team.
>>
>>27765039
So now we just found out that we're mutating in some fashion and that there's creatures outside that really hate ponies and killed the other team. My proposed plan of action is to panic a bit, go get drunk, in the middle of getting drunk write a note to Patches with the information we have, complete getting drunk and then climb into Patches bed and pass out with the note in hoof.
>>
>>27765039
sexually harass pyrite
>>
>>27765190
I like it
>>
frig yourself
>>
>>27765039
>>Sea Foam: "Wh-what do we do now?"

let's scissor each other until my legs mutate into a fish tail and we are forced to stop
>>
>>27765039
flash forward several hours. everyone is tired from panicking and nothing useful has been done. rem has grown a third eye and can now read minds. the rest of the crew lock her up and then decide to incinerate the sphere.

and then, the fire nation attacked
>>
File: north142.png (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
north142.png
13 KB, 500x500
>>27765052
>>27765114
>>27765090
>>27765051
"I... I honestly don't know..."
>Sea Foam: "Should we tell Patches about this?"
"I-I don't..."
You sit down.
Your head is spinning. Pyrite just spilled a lot of information out. The sphere is a creator? Of what? Who are the other things? WHAT are the other things? Why did the sphere connect with you? Are you going to turn into what Pyri-
Sea Foam taps you on the shoulder.
>Sea Foam: "Are you going to be okay?"
You sigh.
"I could really use a drink."
You, Mera and Sea Foam all leave the lab and head back to the main outpost.
Sherbert, Circuit and Prism are still sitting on the sofas.
>Prism: "Back already? What's the good news?"
You look down and rub your arm.
>Prism: "Did something happen?"
Sea Foam explains what happened with the scanner, and the things that Prism said.
>Prism: "Damn. That's heavy."
>Circuit: "I don't know what to say. Are you feeling alright, Rem?"
"I-I just kinda want a drink really. Do we have any of that here?"
>Prism: "I have some I brought with me. Lemme go get it."
He hops off the couch and trots to his room.
You sit down at the table, with Mera taking a seat next to you.
Maybe it's best if you don't think about anything going on right now. The more you do, the more you start to worry.
Prism comes back with a bottle of clear liquid.
>Prism: "It's pretty strong, so go a bit easy, alright?"
You nod and he pours you a cup. He leaves the bottle next to you and heads back to the sofa. Sea Foam sits on the sofa too.
>Sea Foam: "Do you want to come sit over here?"
"I-I'll sit here for now, thank you."
You take a swig from the cup and wince at the strength of the alcohol.
It tastes awful, but it'll do for now.
You place a hoof on your head and think.
Heh, drinking your anxiety away? That's not exactly what a psychologist should be doing. In fact, it's the opposite of what you should be doing.
You don't care.
You take another swig.
What should you do? What should EVERYONE do?
>>
>>27765417
prism, you saint. in the middle of nowhere and still willing to share his hooch.

w̵͙͖̯̻͕̝̙̣͇͝ę̶̰͠ ͏̞̱̖͈̖̬̹̺s҉̷͇̻̗h̛͍͚͢o̲̺̮͔̲̱͘͝u̧̹̝l̺̣̳̞͉͈͔d̵̙̦͞ ̬̹͓̩k̴̷͙͕͍͎̲͚i͚̙͜l̢̹͓̬̳ļ̴̵̳̝̬̺̥͈̲̞ͅ ͏̼h̖̠̯͚̼̼̤͕͉i̷̢̹m̧̼͕̗̹͚͎ ͖̦̱͓̮̭̻ͅl͖̳͍͕͈̘̩̭̙͡a̬͘s̯̼̰̬͎̗͉̰̲̀͟t̛̗̤͉̥
>>
>>27765417
At a time like this, it's hard to say what to do.
Perhaps consult Patches if we aren't too drunk?
>>
>>27765417
Uh oh, if we get drunk...does Mera too. Okay we should stop. We have to get it together. We're the team psychologist, everyone is looking to us for emotional support. Time to think of our cognitive behavioral training and use it on ourselves. Time to reasure everyone and ourselves that we will do everything we can and get through this. Time to hit up our medicine cabinet for a valium and move on, it's the psychologists way.
>>
>>27765417
>What should you do? What should EVERYONE do?

the others should quarantine us. in patches' room. with patches.
>>
>>27765417
Talk to Patches. We need to know he'll stop us if we become dangerous.
>>
>>27765417
We should get to writing patches a report on our findings

So we can enact this >>27765190
>>
>>27765417
>>27765449
>>27765459
>>27765476
You shake your head and push the bottle away.
You can't be getting drunk, even a little. You're supposed to be doing your job.
Okay, so what's the best possible thing you can do right now?
You decide to head to your room to get a notebook, then go back to sit at the table.
You start writing on the paper. A report of what's going on, what we know so far, and how the team is doing could be useful.
"The sphere still has some unknown properties, but it seems to be sentient and sapient. It also apparently has the ability to change or alter biological lifeforms. It told us that we were the first ones to contact it, but Pyrite says otherwise. It's possible that it is lying, but it's also possible that unknown entities are altering the sphere as well. These entities also have the ability to apparently telepathically communicate, and also have resentment for ponies. As for the other team, we don't know what happened to them other than Pyrite, and that one of the members attacked him. Apparently, what caused Pyrite to turn into what he is now, was the sphere. I too seem to have been altered by the sphere, and..."
You pause for a moment.
"and I may also change into something similar to Pyrite. The scanner said I had DNA of all three pony races, and something about the cells acting cancerous."
You make some dashes.
"The Team itself is doing fine save for Cherry. She's asked to leave, but the rest of the team seems content with staying."
You rest your head onto your hoof.
Is there anything else to add?
gonna stop here! Glad to be back yo. I'll run again tomorrow!
>>
>>27765461
>the others should quarantine us. in patches' room. On Patches's bed. With Patches's dick buried in us deep enough to kiss our womb.

Ftfy
>>
>>27765731
Thanks for running this again man! It's good to have you back
>>
>>27765747
you mean like this?
>>
File: 5c7.jpg (12 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
5c7.jpg
12 KB, 324x291
>>27765752
>Rem so happy she's crying
>>
Is this story going to be Thingpone: Origins?
>>
>>27765731
I think the next thing to do would be to have a group meeting and update them. Then wait to talk to Pyrite again.
>>
>>27765752
Rem's qt mark kind of looks like an egg being attacked by sperm
>>
File: fuck.gif (494 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
494 KB, 200x200
>>27766385
holy shit
>>
live you piece of shit
I didn't wait months for this thread to die
>>
>>27766385
Gotta get Mera a baby brother.
>>
File: That's a weird thing to say.png (341 KB, 695x647) Image search: [Google]
That's a weird thing to say.png
341 KB, 695x647
>>27767745
>>
Ponychologist bump
>>
File: yeah far out dude.jpg (50 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
yeah far out dude.jpg
50 KB, 640x521
>>27771266
>>
>>27765731
>>27765836
You decide it's good enough for now. At least to make sure everyone is up to speed.
Mera taps your shoulder.
>Mera: "What is that liquid?"
She points to the alcohol.
"Oh, uh, it's a drink for adults. It's uh, not very tasty."
>Mera: "Then why do you drink it?"
You let out a sigh.
"Sometimes it helps to get the edge off."
Everyone should have a meeting now that you think about it. That way everyone get's updated at once.
"Hey Aliss, you there?"
[YES. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU NEED?]
"Could you ask Patches if we can hold a meeting here in the rec room?"
[OF COURSE. ONE MOMENT.]
>Sea Foam: "A meeting?"
You nod.
"That way everyone knows what's going on."
[MS. REM. HE HAS AGREED TO A MEETING. THE REST OF THE TEAM HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AS WELL.]
"Thank you Aliss."
Soon, the other members of the expedition slowly make their way into the rec room.
>Mint: "Alcohol? I didn't know you drank, Rem."
"I-I don't usually."
>Mint: "Oh? What's the occasion?"
"Well, that's kinda what this meeting is about."
Patches is the last to arrive. He sits down next to you at the table.
>Patches: "So, you wanted a meeting?"
"Mhm. For everyone's sake."
He notices the paper you were writing on.
>Patches: "What's this?"
"A report of what we know so far. That way no one is left out of the loop."
>Patches: "Well, whenever you're ready."

What do you say to them? Do you read off the report? Or do you have anything to add?
>>
>>27773817
read off the report, let the digest the facts and maybe they'll see something that wont lead them to drink.
>>
>>27773817
>>27774012
Yea, not much else to do but give them the facts and lead a discussion. Let everyone vent and try to reassure them. Then figure out what to do next.
>>
>>27773817
Make sure to tell them that pyrite confirmed the existence of those psychic creatures outside.

On a side note, I think we've accomplished the mission. We've determined the source of the mystery signal found the remains of the last team and collected some samples of what we've found. I think it may be reasonable to pack up and get the fuck out of here. Rem, Mera and Pyrite all need to be studied in a safe lab, I think that they'll keep all three of them together at this point so at least we wouldn't have to worry about never seeing Mera again. and if Patches loves Rem I think he has enough authority to be placed in a position where they can be with each other.
>>
>>27774465
But what if the sphere is the only thing that can help us?
>>
>>27774504
Help us do what exactly?
The sphere doesn't belong to us.
I don't seem to remember a set amount of time that we had to spend up here. It sounds like things are getting hostile, especially for a group of unarmed scientists, and at this point I think we've accomplished our mission.
Honestly, how long do you want these ponies to stay up there? Are you waiting for some massive battle that kills half the members and leaves one pony left as a witness? We don't need to be forced out of here with a boss-battle.
>>
>>27774012
You stand up, and pick the paper up.
"In the past few hours, we've had a lot of important things happen. So, for everyone to catch up with what's going on, I've recapped some important things."
You read off of the report, and through the corner of your eyes, you notice some faint worried faces.
"-and something about the cells being cancerous."
You finish reading the paper.
"Also, Cherry has decided to take her leave and head back with the next transport. If anyone else wishes to leave, then... you can."
No one says anything.
"D-did I say something wrong?"
Terra holds a hoof out to you.
>Terra: "Rem..."
>Mint: "Are you going to be alright Rem?"
You sit back down.
"I don't really know. Pyrite says he touched the sphere too, so..."
Everyone is silent.
>Sherbert: "So, does this mean that you are now an alicorn?"
"What?"
>Sherbert: "If the scanner says that you have all three species' DNA, then wouldn't that make you an alicorn?"
"I-I don't know really."
>Cherry: "Wait, so if the sphere can make ponies into alicorns, or at least give them the DNA of the three species, then... what does that make Mera?"
>Mint: "Well, she does have the size for an alicorn. Perhaps those things on her back are wings."
>Circuit: "Wouldn't she have a horn then?"
>SeaFoam: "Well, Pyrite didn't have a horn either. Perhaps the sphere can't actually create perfect alicorns?"
>Prism: "Then how did-"
Patches stands up and places his hooves on the table.
>Patches: "ENOUGH."
Everyone gets quiet.
>Patches: "Rem, was there anything else you'd like to add?"
You notice that his voice is a little off. Like he's holding back something.
"Other than to point out the fact that Pyrite confirmed the existence of those creatures outside being psychic, then no, not really."
>Patches: "So, now that you've stated the situation that we're in, what would be the best plan of action?"
patches doesn't have hands
>>
>>27774540
"Well Patches, I think we have what we need at this point. We might just be ready to pack up and leave."
>>
>>27774573
Why are you asking me? this seems to very much be in the line of your work.
>>
>>27774578
Wouldn't Terra would stay behind, all alone.
>>
>>27774553
>>27774573

Well I meant not die from alicorn cancer, though I'm not disagreeing with evacuating. Just putting that out there.

What I suspect is happening to us is that the sphere is sending us in a certain evolutionary direction, but now might not be a good time to bring that up.

I don't think revisiting the sphere should be ruled out. Maybe only we should stay behind.
>>
>>27774623
Then how would they be able to communicate with it?
>>
>>27774578
>>27774598
>>27774623
"Wh-why are you asking me? Isn't that your call?"
>Patches: "You're the one who seems to be most on top of things. You've had the most connection with what's going on, and you seem to be the most level headed in these situations."
"Hmm... well, if I'm totally honest..."
It seems like the rest of the team leans in to hear your response.
"... I think we should leave."
>Terra: "What? But we-"
Gingersnap puts her hoof onto Terra's shoulder. Terra slumps down.
>Gingersnap: "We haven't found out where Terra's mother is, or what exactly happened to the rest of the team."
"I know. But we've accomplished the mission at hand. We've determined the source of the signal, and the remains of the last outpost, and we've even collected samples of the sphere. We even have a living member of the other team. I think it'd be reasonable to pack up and get out before something truly bad happens."
You rub your arm.
"Besides. Pyrite, Mera and I all need to be studied safely in a lab. Pyrite mentioned that one of the team members went crazy and attacked them. I don't want that to happen here."
You look over at Terra.
"Terra, we know where the other outpost is, and where the sphere is. If we leave, you can come back with a better, more equipped team to search for what happened. We're all just scientists. I feel as if there's a danger here, and a team suited for that could help you more."
She looks away.
>Terra: "I suppose..."
Ginger gives you a thankful smile.
>SeaFoam: "What about the sphere? Would we just leave it here?"
"I don't know, but I'm not ruling out revisiting the sphere again."
You pause for a moment.
"M-maybe even if i just go alone."
>Patches: "No. That is where I will put my hoof down. If we leave, you're coming with us."
>Circuit: "So... is that what we're doing? Are we leaving?
>>
>>27774933
Sometimes, the most heroic thing you can do is just to call it quits. Sometimes, you just need to go.

Just like in SubQuest.
>>
>>27774933

Now suddenly realize the horrible pain we are in as Mera looks at us terrified due to being able to understand why we are in pain.

Then have a horrible, but also beautiful transformation into a fully function alicorn so that we can continue forward with the story instead of pussying out.
>>
>>27774968
>pussying out
What would your plan be to continue the story? explain in detail what you would like to accomplish here.
>>
>>27774933
Allow some somepony or some event to change your mind or force you to stay there.

you roll a 20; it's highly effective
>>
>>27774979

We become an alicorn and destroy the aliens that are manipulating the sphere and then have a threesome with Patches and Tera. Ginger can join too, she has a nice ass.
>>
>>27775007
That's ridiculous anon. They all have nice asses, full blown orgy.
>>
>>27774933
sure, last time we visited the sphere we achieved nothing except getting yelled at by some weird alien. but. maybe third time's the charm? you never know. we should go back just in case.
>>
>>27774948
"Sometimes... sometimes you just need to back away and let others deal with something."
The ponies look around at each other.
>Prism: "Well, I trust your judgement."
>Circuit: "Me too."
Sherbert has her head tilted to the side, and just stares at you for a few moments.
>Sherbert: "I will follow you as well."
>Terra: "I suppose you have a point... no reason to rush while we're not prepared."
Ginger nods.
>Mint: "I agree as well."
Cherry rests her head onto the table.
>Cherry: "I'm glad that I'm not the only one who wants to leave."
>Circuit: "Why is that?"
>Cherry: "Because it means I'm not crazy or overreacting."
>Prism: "Well, you do overreact a little."
>Cherry: "Hey! That's not-"
>Patches: "That's enough."
You look at Sea Foam.
"SeaFoam?"
>SeaFoam: "Well... personally I'd like to stay and study the sphere some more, but I understand that it's wise to leave."
She looks to you and smiles.
>SeaFoam: "If you think we should go, then I'm with you."
You feel somewhat relieved that they're taking it so well. You kind of expected them to show some resistance, but you don't really know why.
"Patches? What do you think?"
>Patches: "I agree that we should leave. However, we don't know what exactly is going on with your body right now. I wouldn't want something like what happened to Pyrite to happen to you, or wo-..."
He pauses and looks down, away from you.
>Patches: "It's up to you with what you want to do. So if you want to leave, I'll support you."
Mera puts her hoof on your shoulder.
>Mera: "Where would we be leaving to?"
"I'm not sure Mera. Home, hopefully. Away from here at least."
>Patches: "So, are we doing this? Are we really leaving?"
bonus rem alicorn
>>
>>27775247
think about it. what's the reason sphere samples werent just transported away from this outpost during the terra's mother's expedition? Most likely quarantine.

We are changing. If we go back to the normal world there is a chance we could be contagious. theres also a chance that certain organizations might decide to "contain" us in that situation.

I think we have to be aware of the danger we now potentially pose to others. maybe we should stay just until we know what's happening to us, make sure we don't bring anything home we don't want to
>>
>>27775247

>Remicorn
Majestic as fuck.

I feel like we need to visit the sphere one last time though.
>>
>>27775247
Fuck, I forgot to press post.
Sorry for the little updates tonight. I"ll see you all tomorrow!
>>
>>27775247
>>27775272
>>27775272
What they said, especially
>remicorn
weeewww such neck. A real beut' alright.

Though if we are going back to the sphere we should send as many pones home to safety as we can get away with first.
>>
>>27775247
Should we study the other two locations while we wait to leave?
>>
studious bump
>>
If we do end up leaving do we have the equipment to safely isolate Rem and Mera? Can we requisition such gear?
>>
>>27776206
>>
>>27777326
>>
>>27777904
>>
>>27775247

Something has been bothering me for a while now. Every single her initial contact with the sphere, Rem has been able to seemingly “Get in the heads” of the other ponies on the team. We've noted what appeared to be mind reading and potentially even momentary change of personality [As seen with Patches's sudden change in attitude after being ejected from the sphere]. While the incident with Patches could be attributed to the sphere, I feel like there may be a bit more to this.

What if the Alicorns were not leaders because of their powerful magic or genuine skill at leading, but perhaps their force of personality or even an inbuilt natural control of other ponies.

There's a couple things I would like to test, but I'm not quite sure how. The first thing I think we should do is stand up and ask why there wasn't really any resistance to our decision to leave. Regardless of the answer, I suspect someone is going to ask why we would ask that question. Whether that happens or not, I believe it's finally time to reveal what we've been experiencing with the weird happenings in our head and what we've absorbed from it to everyone, not just Patches.
>>
>>27779266
k, sounds right.
>>
>>27779266
Pyrite hasn't exhibited any influence, so i doubt its an alicorn thing. More likely its just Rems cutiemark being dialled up to 11.
>>
>>27775247
Ask if they can safely quarantine us when we get home, possibly even on the way too.
>>
body horror bump
>>
>>27779266
Rem's natural talent is for getting into heads.
I'd prefer to think her talent is being boosted rather than this just coming entirely from some mutation.
>>
beb
>>
>>27781367
This does sound more likely than >>27779266. While I do think that getting the fuck out is the right call for the characters here, I also feel like something is wrong.

Like nearly everything is going our way. The 'cancer' is the only thing bad that's happened to Rem, and it's almost framed positively as becoming an alicorn.

I have to wonder if what's happened since we spoke to the sphere is real.
>>
>>27782488
>, and it's almost framed positively as becoming an alicorn.
Pyrite doesn't seem all that enthused about being an alicorn.
>>
>>27782529
Maybe Pyrite just wasn't done cooking. Maybe he'll keep changing now that he's not frozen.
>>
>>27782529

Unlike Pyrite, Rem is maintaining a stable body form, likely due to Mera balancing out the cancer cells by being nearby. Remember that she absorbs pain and injuries from Rem, she's likely absorbing the mutation as well and because she's already part alien, it simply doesn't affect her.
>>
>>27782529
Pyrite's current state seems to have happened after he was attacked.
>>
>>27782548
It would be interesting if the sphere was a little cleverer then it had let on, and Mera was its answer to the problems the first team had.
>>
>>27782488
What if Rem is still in the sphere, and everything since the contact is a fantasy world made for her?
>>
>>27782647
Exactly
>>
>>27782647

But how would we know what the sphere is if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>27782544
Did we set it to 375?
>>
>what if it's all a dream
That's dumb. You're dumb.
>>
>>27782548
>Rem is maintaining a stable body form
What? Are you assuming that Pyrite just exploded with cancer instantly to become what he currently is? Don't be absurd, Pyrites condition is the result of the cancers progression over a long period of time, it is our future.
>>
>>27782720

Based on the note we found at the other base, that doesn't seem to be the case. The other member of the team that was introduced to the sphere cells gained mutations at a rapid rate.
>>
can we finally fuck patches or what?
>>
>>27782686
Nah f a m like papa murphy's pizza... it says set at 425... but what difference is 5 degrees going to make ^:)
>>
File: 1465393659321.png (982 KB, 1011x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465393659321.png
982 KB, 1011x1080
>>27766385
>>
>>27775247
>>27779266
"I think it's for the best."
>Patches: "Alright. I'll send the request for a quick evac. I'll get back to you all when they respond."
"W-wait, can I ask one more thing?"
>Patches: "Alright."
You shuffle around.
"So, why did you all just agree with the whole 'let's leave' thing? I kind of expected some resistance. At least from some of you."
>Mint: "While it's true that the mathematician side of me wants to stay until we figure everything out, the rational side of me understands that we aren't really suited for this kind of job. And to be fair, I'm not the most helpful in the situations we seem to be having, given that my PHD is in mathematics."
>Circuit: "Mhm. Most of us here aren't really skilled for this stuff except maybe Sea Foam, Cherry and you."
"Me?"
>Prism: "Well, normally I wouldn't think a psychologist would have much use out here either, but you've probably done the most on this mission out of all of us. No offense guys."
They all say their own versions of "none taken".
>Mint: "Why would you be expecting resistance?"
"Well, I was just..."
You sigh.
"Can I say something, and can you guys promise not to think I'm crazy?"
They nod.
>Patches: "Is something wrong?"
"No - well - maybe. I don't know. Alright. Lately I've been having... things happen."
They stare at you.
>Prism: "That's not very specific."
"I know. Okay so, every now and then, I feel like I can kinda... hear some of your thoughts."
Your voice gets quieter as you finish your sentence.
The others just stay quiet.
"W-well?"
>Prism: "I'm thinking of 'im thinking of a number', and then I thought of '7'. Could you hear that?"
"No."
>Prism: "Darn. That'd be cool."
>Patches: "Rem, why didn't you tell us sooner?"
>>
>>27783887

Patches think back to when I told you how afraid I was, and then I told you I thought you said that you were also afraid. The exact words I heard were

"I don't know what's going on, and I have no idea what's going to happen, but I can't let my fears get in the way of the mission."

Yet when I asked you about it, you claimed to have said something completely different. Not to mention when I thought I saw an eye on my forehead after showering, and then you yourself later stared at my forehead as if you had seen something.
>>
>>27783961
"Patches, do you remember when I told you how afraid I was, and then I told you that I thought you said that you were also afraid?"
>Patches: "Yes?"
"Well I-"
You pause for a moment, then motion for him to lean in closer. You move your hoof to hid your mouth from the others and whisper in his ear.
"The exact things I heard were 'I don't know what's going on, and I have no idea what's going to happen, but I can't let my fears get in the way of the mission.' "
You back away and look at him. He has a surprised look on his face.
>Prism: "What'd she say?"
>Patches: "Well, I think she's telling the truth."
>Cherry: "Wait, so, can you hear what we're thinking now?"
"No, it seems to happen at random."
>Prism: "That's pretty neat though. Wish I could read minds."
>Sea Foam: "Has there been anything else, Rem?"
You nod.
"When I was washing my face, I looked into the mirror and saw my cutiemark on my forehead for a split second. Then it disappeared."
>Prism: "From your flank?"
"No, from my forehead."
>Prism: "Oh. Probably should have figured that."
Sea Foam looks at you, worriedly.
>SeaFoam: "Are you going to be okay?"
"I think so. I haven't had any pains or anything."
>Sea Foam: "No, I mean are YOU going to be okay?"
"Oh... I hope so."
>SeaFoam: "Is there anything we can do to help?"
You give her a smile.
"Don't worry. I'll be okay. Right now our priority should be to get everyone out of here safely."
Patches nods.
>Patches: "I'll go radio in. Everyone should stay here in the rec room so I can brief you all on the procedures when they respond."
>Mint: "Understood. Anyone hungry?"
A few of the team members nod and give their suggestions on what to make, while others move to the couches.
>Mera: "So we are leaving?"
"Looks like it."
>Mera: "Will we not be seeing the sphere?"
>>
>>27784163
Sorry Mera, but its too risky to go see the spheres right now. We just need to leave. To keep us safe, and more importantly to keep you safe.
>>
>>27784163

We should probably note that when we hear other ponies thoughts, we aren't aware of it happening at the time. When it does happen, we mistake it as them talking.
>>
>>27784163

I just worry about the sphere not wanting to let us leave. Who knows what it might do if it realizes we are going outside of it's range.
>>
I somehow get the feeling leaving is going to bite us in the ass.
>>
>>27784163
we have to go to the sphere. Mera can probably fly us there with her leathery back appendages if she believes hard enough
>>
File: screen.png (2 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
2 KB, 500x500
>>27784217
>>27784226
You put your arm around her shoulder, which is a lot harder than you thought, given with how big she is.
You settle for leaning onto her side.
"I'm sorry Mera. I would like for you to see the sphere. That way you can get some answers. Unfortunately, it's too risky to go see the sphere right now."
>Mera: "That's alright. I don't want to put you into any danger."
"Thank you."
You and Mera sit there for a while. It's nice. Whenever you're near her, you get that calm, warm feeling.
After about half an hour, Patches walks back in.
>Patches: "Alright. It took a while to tell them everything and explain what's going on, but they've agreed to send an evac team to get us."
Cherry lets out a long sigh of relief.
>Cherry: "That makes me so happy to hear."
>Patches: "The team should get here in about seven hours. I'd suggest everyone start packing up anything they brought with them, and any notes that you took while here. Sea Foam, Cherry, can you two get any samples we have left over?"
>SeaFoam: "Yup!"
>Patches: "Alright. That's all for now."
The team gets up and head to their rooms.
>Patches: "Rem, can you come here for a moment?"
"Oh, sure. What do you need?"
>Patches: "They want to talk to you."
"Who?"
>Patches: "The ones sending the evac team. They want to talk to Mera too."
"Oh..."
You almost forgot about that.
"Where do I talk to them?"
He motions for you to follow him. You stand up from the table and look at Mera.
"Cmon. I'm sure it'll be alright."
You and Mera follow Patches to his room.
It's dark. The lights are off, save for one T.V screen in the room.
A female voice comes through.
>"Thank you Patches. You may leave the room now."
He grumbles something under his breath and leaves the room, leaving you and Mera alone.
>"How are you, Ms. Minet?"
>>
>>27784570

Considering everything that's happened, I'm doing well. Although I'm somewhat confused as to what you wish to speak of that Patches isn't meant to be present for. He is the team leader after all.
>>
File: north143.gif (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
north143.gif
155 KB, 500x500
>>27784601
"Considering everything that's happened, I'm doing well. Although I'm a little confused as to why you had Patches leave. He is the team leader after all."
>"I have been told of what you've done on this expedition. I would like to speak to you personally."
"That's a little hard to do when all I see is a circle and a line."
>"I suppose you're right."
The screen shows some flashes of color, then an image begins to creep into focus.
It's a mare, sitting at a table.
>"Now, I would like to ask you some questions."
Her voice is cold and intimidating.
"What questions?"
>"This... sphere. It has changed you. I have been told that testing has shown you to have Earth, Pegasus and Unicorn DNA. Is that correct?"
"Y-yes."
>"You are aware of the other team?"
"Yes."
>"And I am to believe that one of the surviving members of the other team has admitted that another member also was affected by the sphere, and attacked him, causing major mutations to his body. Is that correct?"
"Yes, bu-"
>"And a sample, taken from this sphere has grown into a new, conscious life-form. This being is the one sitting next to you?"
"Her name is Mera, and ye-"
>"Knowing what you do, would you say that you, Mera and Pyrite, are all safe to bring back? Do you believe that you are a danger to others?"
"I..."
You can't read this mare. She's not speaking loudly, or angrily, or with any emotion at all, but her words ring through your ears. They make you want to cower in a corner.
>"Well?"
Pausing here. See you all tomorrow!
>>
>>27784647

We are a psychologist, we just need to use our training and focus our mind and heart for these questions.

No. We are no more dangerous to others than the rest of the science team. Rem has demonstrated neither any of the mutations or the aggression of the rogue team member, and Mera is a child whose primary concern is loving and protecting her mother. Pyrite, while in dire need of a gifted medical team, isn't threatening either. Nor have any of the other team members been affected in any way by the constant contact they have had with us. if we were capable of causing the same mutations as the rogue member from the other team it would have happened already

Also may I enquire as to why an entire evacuation "team" is being sent for us, rather than a single driver?
>>
File: 1401758877017.jpg (9 KB, 159x156) Image search: [Google]
1401758877017.jpg
9 KB, 159x156
>>27784728
Because they're going to kill us.
>>
>>27784647
No. Pyrite is barely capable of movement, and his general behavior has suggested no violent intent.
His first interaction with us involved him asking to die, which doesn't give much credence to an ulterior motive.
While I've certainly experienced some strange things, none of them have effected my ability to reason or given me a compulsion to carry out actions dangerous to myself or the team.
And Mera, while not technically a citizen, is still clearly a sapient, empathetic individual, and should have the same rights as anyone else on the team.
I understand perfectly well why I can't just go straight home after this, but I think so long as we are proven to not be contagious we should be allowed to go free.
I would like to not be put in a box and forgotten about.
That would spoil my retirement plans.
>>
>>27784647
Porn when?
>>
>>27784647
During one of the incidences of this mission Mera mentioned one of the other beings out there trying to connect to me. My theory is that a member of the old team was connected by one of these beings and that led to their demise. Mera is able to stop this from happening, her presence is protective as opposed to harmful as far as we know at this time.
>>
>>27784647
Yes, I believe that we are all safe but would also recommend sending a separate transport for Pyrite, Mera and I that can keep us in a sort of quarantine until we can be studied properly.
>>
>>27786338
What if our proximity and Mera's to the others is what has been keeping them safe?

If we leave it should all be together. I still support the idea of some quarantine though.
>>
>>27786074
This is important to mention. Make sure she knows that there is a threat, that it is NOT us, and that Mera can thwart it.
>>
>>27787406
What?
>>
>>27787406
Oops, wrong thread. How the hell did I do that?
>>
File: mlfw8782-ScootSpin.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mlfw8782-ScootSpin.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>27784900
hmmmmm...
>>
>>27786338

What is your obsession with being quarantined and studied? It's like you WANT a bad ending. You can't be foolish enough to think an organization that is basically the SCP FOUNDATION is going to just run some blood tests and send us on our way. This is the type of organization that dissects things.
>>
>>27788849
Shit, are they supposed to be like a pony SCP, I thought they were supposed to be like a pony UN.
>>
>>27789027

They are a secret organization, why would you think they were like the UN?
>>
>>27788849
If they're like that we're doomed barring a miracle anyway.
You don't escape the SCP without having major trump cards.
Best we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
>>
>>27784647 I'd be honest with her, tell her we're not dangerous, but there are dangerous things around the settlement. Also, Pyrite is not moving due to his condition, We have been hearing others thoughts, which can be confirmed by Patches, and Mera seems to be able to stop the hostile things lurking outside
>>
>>27789424
>We have been hearing others thoughts
We should really leave that out. That makes us very dangerous to an organization with secrets.
>>
>>27789385

We are potentially becoming an alicorn that can read minds. I think we have a decent shot at having a trump card.
>>
>>27789424
Don't tell her we can hear thoughts. It doesn't make us directly dangerous and should be something we only share once we trust them.
>>
>>27789061
..the umm... secret illumitati side of the UN..because thats what the EPU is like in the show...because there were two months between when I last played and I'm not a clever anon.
>>
>>27788849
If they are anything like SCP then being honest is going to be a saving grace. The SCP foundation keeps the anomalous creatures in better living conditions and only tests them as needed. If we extend our hoof in good grace and let them know everything they want to know then they will be more likely to try and accommodate Mera Pyrite and Rem.
We gain nothing with trying not to help them.

But, now that I'm thinking about it, we should also mention that we are scared about what could happen. Appeal to her inner pony by showing that we're just hanging on like everyone else up here.
>>
>>27790203
>>27784647

We might want to try the mind reading thing on her. I know it's only happened at random, but dosn't hurt to try, right? I don't think our head will explode, right?
>>
>>27788849
The SCP foundation are the good guys. They take care of friendly anomolies and the people they use to test the world-eaters are convicted violent criminals.
>>
>>27790433
infact, SCP has a classification for situations like this.
Class E
Class E is a provisional classification applied to field agents and containment personnel that have been exposed to potentially dangerous effects during the course of securing and establishing initial containment over a newly-designated anomalous object, entity, or phenomenon. Class E personnel are to be quarantined as soon as possible, monitored, and screened for potentially harmful changes in behavior, personality, or physiology, and may only return to duty after being fully debriefed and cleared by psychiatric and medical staff.

This sounds like exactly what we need.
>>
>>27790433
Actually you'll find articles noting that sometimes innocent civilians are used as Class Es
>>27790453

You may wish to go back and check the site again. They tell the people used for testing that they will be released upon finishing their term, but they are in fact executed and disposed of when their term ends, unless something happens that extends their term. In which case they are still executed regardless.
>>
>>27790534
You're thinking of class D's, maybe you aught to be checking the site again, friendo.
>>
>>27784647
Flash her a nipple and murmur 'Pretty please?' in a sultry voice.
>>
>>27790534

I meant to say reference Class D, not E.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/security-clearance-levels

We do not fall under Class E as we are not EPU agents. We are contracted

>>27790546
I was well aware.
>>
>>27790534
They have always seemed pretty amoral to me. I would not trust them, they wouldn't hesitate to kill us "for the greater good"
>>
>>27790433
>The SCP foundation are the good guys.
>>
File: 1432192899992.jpg (78 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
1432192899992.jpg
78 KB, 637x476
>>27790433

>SCP Foundation known for sacrificing some of the best and brightest and known for meddling in things beyond their control and more often than not making things worse.

>Good Guys

>Picture related.
>>
>>27790433
>SCP are the good guys
>They tried capture and imprison a benign god who helps people out and socializes with them, but he willingly let himself get taken anyways.
I see two contradicting points here.
>>
>>27790597
>>27790635
Just ignore them, they're obviously an SCP shill
>>
File: Dangledongle.gif (106 KB, 922x638) Image search: [Google]
Dangledongle.gif
106 KB, 922x638
>>
>>27791173
Oontz Oontz Oontz
>>
>>27790711
By their very definition they aren't trying to be the "good guys". They aren't trying to help people or anything. Their job is to Secure, Contain, and Protect. If they've saved the world, its mostly to stop that. That said, their effects are often good, because they tend to keep some really nasty shit out of the world where it can hurt people
>>
File: 1458969120397.png (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458969120397.png
19 KB, 600x600
>ywn have big daughteru hug and reassure you
>>
Fuck, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do updates tonight. I have some stuff I need to work on
I'll update tomorrow though. See you all then!
>>
File: Pure unadultrated cunt.png (803 KB, 500x2265) Image search: [Google]
Pure unadultrated cunt.png
803 KB, 500x2265
>>27791964
>tomorrow
>>
>>27791974
Nigga after three days in a row its not unreasonable.
>>
>>27792167
True. I am just triggered by that word when applied to CYOAs.

Blame nobby
>>
>>27790711
>scp
>secure, contain, protect
That's their job.
It's not like they can do anything to stop him or mistreat him in any way.
They send plenty of people to talk to him and if i remember correctly his confinement room is basically a luxury hotel room
>>
>>27792236

They normally only treat confined scp's in such a way if they are genuinely afraid of what they will do if mistreated. Unlike SCP's like 682 where they know they can sort of contain it, but can't kill it and it's hostile to begin with.

Everything that they CAN weaponize, they tend to do so.
>>
>>27792315
>weaponize
They literally never used SPC except for cross-SCP experimenting or plain fun/usefulness
>>
>>27792315
they weaponize them to kill things like 682.
>>
Science bump
>>
>>27792364
In some of their not directly SCP stories they have Ops teams as I recall that sometimes use SCPs in capturing other SCPs or fighting off other groups that wants SCPs.
>>
File: file.png (57 KB, 596x593) Image search: [Google]
file.png
57 KB, 596x593
Reminder that we're completely safe with Princess Patches.
>>
>>27793332
>>
>>27794325
>'I didn't sign up for this'
>>
>>27794325
Pretty pretty princess Patches bump.
>>
File: 1455069963186.jpg (14 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1455069963186.jpg
14 KB, 170x170
>>27792200
>tomorrow
>>
>>27784647
>>27784728
>>27785043
>>27786074
>>27787333
>>27789575
>>27789979
>>27789424
You pause for a moment, and take a long breath.
"Look, Pyrite is barely capable of any movement, and his general behavior has suggested no violent intent. He even asked us to kill him the first time we met. That's not something you ask when you have ulterior motives."
>"... Continue."
"Mera, while we still don't know much about her, she's still clearly a conscious, sapient empathetic individual and she should be given the same rights as everyone else on the team. In fact, she might even be-"
You stop and look at Mera.
"Did Patches tell you about the things outside the outpost?"
>"Briefly."
"Well, I have a theory that a member of the other team might have been connected to one of those beings, thus causing their demise."
>"Why is that?"
"According to Pyrite, they seem to have a hatred for ponies. If they can get into a pony's head, then it's not too much of a stretch to believe that they'd control them to cause harm to those around them."
>"Understandable. Continue."
"I believe that Mera can counter their ability to connect to ponies. She's done it once already."
>"And she did this out of her own free will?"
"Yes, absolutely!"
The mare pauses.
>"Mera, that is your name correct?"
>Mera: "Yes."
"Wait, what are you doing?"
>"I'd like to ask her some questions as well."
"But she-"
>"Mera, would you consider yourself a danger to others?"
>Mera: "No."
>"Do you think the others are a danger to you?"
>Mera: "No, they've been very nice to me."
>"Do you think that it is dangerous for the others to stay there at the outpost?"
>Mera: "... Yes."
>"Thank you for your help, Mera."
>Mera: "You're welcome."
>"Now then. Rem."
"Yes?"
>"I am to believe that these creatures have some sort of telepathic powers, is that correct?"
Uh oh.
>>
>>27799566
"Th-that is correct."
>"Have you experienced any changes to yourself along the lines of newfound abilities? Abilities not normally found within ponies?"
Your mind races. Should you tell them? You don't know for sure if you HAVE telepathy, but since you've heard things that other ponies were thinking, you must, right? How will they react? You don't know anything about the EPU, but you could pose a risk to secrets they might have if you CAN read thoughts.
>"Ms. Rem, I need an answer."
You sigh.
"N-no, I do not."
>"Mhm. Aliss, play back that recording again?"
[YES MA'AM. PLAYING RECORDING...]
Shit.
[..."No - well - maybe. I don't know. Alright. Lately I've been having... things happen."]
[>Prism: "That's not very specific."]
["I know. Okay so, every now and then, I feel like I can kinda... hear some of your thoughts."]
>"Stop playing the recording."
[OF COURSE.]
You hear the crackle of the recording stop.
She stares forward in silence. You can feel your heart racing.
>"Well? Do you have anything to say?"
>>27790550
bonus picture
https://i.gyazo.com/758bfee7bcb879c62548992635f529d0.png
>>
>>27799569
What did you expect with your third-rate business suit and your "I'm in control demeanor?" Do you think I'm not afraid? Are you expecting me to be perfectly honest? Yeah I fucking lied. I'm fucking terrfied. I don't know what' s happening to me and I don't know what you're going to do so maybe if you want cooperation you could start by HELPING ME.
>>
>>27799569
I might have telepathic abilities, but if I do they are only in their infancy. If I do I'm not sure how to trigger them but... they scare me. I don't want to hear other's thoughts without their consent, but if this happens... I'm afraid I won't be able to turn it off. It's still not a definite but, I understand if I'm a threat. If it helps in any way I don't believe that Mera or Pyrite have these abilities, but if it us a threat to an organization built on secrets... I'm prepared to be terminated for the sake of my colleagues as well as Mera.
>>
>>27799569
>https://i.gyazo.com/758bfee7bcb879c62548992635f529d0.png
Fuckin u-unf
>>
>>27793438
>capturing
Not a weapon if your intent is to capture without harm.
Can't recall them fighting off other groups, especially with SCPs
But i don't like those that much so that might explain that
>>
>>27799569
Don't start panicking. We've got this.

Sigh, you got me there. I was afraid for what could happen to Mera and myself if I started going around announcing to ponies that I MIGHT have the ability to randomly hear thoughts. Especially with how secretive and forthcoming your organization has been since the beginning of this mission. I've fully considered that you may be sending that evacuation team to dispose of us, rather than evacuate us, Especially considering what has been discovered here.

As to my “new-found abilities” As you heard in the recording, I'm not one hundred percent sure that I have them, and if I am in fact hearing ponies thoughts and not imagining things, it always occurs at random and I am unable to differentiate between what is a ponies thoughts and what they are saying. The times I believe it has happened, it fully appeared to me that the pony was in fact saying what I heard.

>>27799635
>I'm prepared to be terminated for the sake of my colleagues as well as Mera.

Stop trying to get us killed.
>>
>>27799569
>>27799635
>>27799603
You let out a sigh.
"Alright, yes, I lied to you. I was afraid for what could happen to Mera and myself if I started going around announcing to ponies that I MIGHT have the ability to randomly hear thoughts. Especially with how secretive and forthcoming your organization has been since the beginning of this mission."
She just stares at you in silence.
"As you've heard in the recordings, I'm not one hundred percent sure that I even HAVE "new found abilities", and even if I do, it occurs randomly and I'm unable to differentiate between what a pony's thoughts are, and what they are saying. The times I believe it has happened, it fully appeared to me that the pony was in fact saying what I heard."
Still silence.
"Look, I'm sorry I lied to you, but you need to understand-"
>"I fully understand your position, Ms. Minet."
She brings up some papers on her table and shuffles through them.
>"Do not mistake me for being angry at you for withholding information. In fact, I'm rather glad that you did."
You pause.
"W-what?"
>"Ms. Minet, you are obviously aware of the... importance of delicate information, and you are correct. A pony with the ability to read minds would in fact be dangerous to a group such as ours if you got into the minds of important individuals."
You gulp.
>"So, I propose to you, a proposition."
"A... proposition?"
>"We will agree to bring you, Mera and Pyrite back, If you agree to our conditions."
"What are the conditions?"
>"Firstly, Mera's existence must not be known to the public, not can the sphere's or those other creatures."
You stay quiet.
>"Secondly, you must agree to be under EPU supervision for the foreseeable future. You must also sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, agreeing that you will not talk, write about, or disclose any information about this mission, or anything pertaining to it. The rest of the team will also agree to this NDA."
She lays the papers down and stares forward.
>"Do we have a deal?"
>>
>>27799868
The public? Sure. But we do have friends, colleagues, a life. Even if we can't be totally honest with everyone we do need contact with them. Give us that and we'll sign your NDA.
>>
>>27799868
I had assumed that this would be the case before this mission had began... But I also have a counter proposal. I will agree to these terms as long as I can have custody or at least be allowed to have strict parental or parental like supervision over Mera. I want you to understand that separating us may devastate Mera. I helped bring her into this world and I can't abandon her. As a psychologist I am prepared to help you research her in any way that I can assist, but I also want; No, need to be there for her... For both of us...
Please, I need you to understand.
>>
>>27799868

Your conditions sound fair, but you already know what I'm going to ask next. How exactly is Mera's existence going to be hidden and what type of supervision are you referring to? I doubt very much you mean to lock Mera and myself up in one of your facilities somewhere, otherwise you wouldn't bother with an NDA.

>>27799918
also this. We can't lose our daughteru

So putting this out there. Are we really sure we don't want to stay behind and see this through? Are we REALLY going to end this via subquest?
>>
>>27799927
We completed the mission dude, This shit doesn't need to get more complicated. We've done everything they asked for and god space diseases in the process. Not only is it time to get paid, but it's time to get paid plus workman's comp for getting forever changed on the job.

Also keep being as fourth coming and honest as possible from now on. We don't want them to get pissed off if we're on the contract portion of negotiation.
>>
Before I forgot, also mentioned to her that we never mentioned the reason why we were brought onto this mission to the rest of our crew. Let her know that we understand the importance of digression when it comes to the safety of our crew members and others.
>>
>>27799938

Did we really though? Are we REALLY happy just leaving so much undone?
>>
>>27799868 (You)
>>27799890
>>27799918
>>27799927
>>27799938
>>27799970
"Well, I had assumed we'd need to do something like that when the mission began, but I have somethings I'd like to propose as well."
>"Go on."
"I will agree to these terms as long as I can have total custody, or at least have strict parental or parent-like supervision over Mera. I want you to understand that-"
>"This was already the plan, Ms. Minet."
"What?"
>"You already know about Mera, and you already have a connection with her. It would only cause us more trouble if we separated you two, or tried to find another caretaker for her."
"O-oh. Well how is Mera going to be hidden? And what supervision are you referring to? I don't think you'd just lock us up in a basement somewhere, or else you wouldn't bother with giving us an NDA."
>"You are correct. You would move to a home where we could supervise you. We would cover everything. You would be able to leave, speak with friends and live your daily life. However, Mera would not be allowed to leave said estate."
>>
>>27800107

That sounds reasonable. I believe I could live with that. There is one other question.
And what if I want to finish this mission? Whatever out here seems intent on killing at least me, and I want to know why.
>>
I mean, it Sounds a little too good to be true, doesn't it? We have this entirely new form of life that'a been created and this secretive organization is just gonna let us go home and live with it based on an NDA, a slip of paper?

"You don't intend to do any... Invasive tests on her or myself, do you? I'd understand blood drawings and scans, perhaps, but nothing... Surgical?"

I really hope we don't get betrayed.
>>
>>27800116
>>27800151
"That sounds... reasonable. A little too good to be true actually. You don't intend to do any tests on her or myself, do you? I'd understand normal things, but nothing really... surgical, right?"
>"Blood drawings, scans, x-rays, that sort of thing. As you said, Mera has the same rights as any of you. We would not cut anyone open to study their organs."
"Well, I have another question."
>"Continue."
"What if I want to continue this mission? Whatever is out here seems intent on getting to me, and I'd like to know why."
>"If you leave, you leave. You will not return to the site, and you will relieve any notes you have on the subject."
"Not even to return with another team?"
>"You will not."
gonna pause here. See you all tomorrow!
>>
>>27800340
As good of a deal as all this sounds, there's obviously so much more to what's going on. Sure, it's dangerous here, and leaving is probably the smart thing (though doing so in the care of the EPU, maybe not)

The things that are here, the sphere has made a connection with us and Creatures outside have tried to. We have more insight into what's going on here than anyone, and although we don't have the full picture, we should at least be able to try to keep working if we want to. We're a valuable asset.
>>
>>27800340
I'm inclined to accept the deal, honestly, but I am also curios about what is happening out here.
Would the EPU prefer we leave now?
We still know nearly nothing about these others, and the fact that they hate ponies and are influencing the sphere is worrying.
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 584x331) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 584x331
>>
Leaving now would be... Boring. Maybe an ok ending, if this mare is telling the truth. But... There's more to be found I'm sure.

You struggle with your options. On the one hoof, you want to protect Mera, as well as all of the other ponies with whom you've grown closer to on this expedition. On the other... You can't shake this feeling that what happens here could have dire consequences on the future of pony kind.
"Most of the others seem willing to stay or go based on my decision." You pause, uncertain. "when you send up the rescue team... I-if you could send a few soldiers, or otherwise armed security, we would have a much better chance at figuring out what is going on up here. We might not even have to send anyone back."
>>
File: just.jpg (95 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
95 KB, 557x605
>>27799569
>that pic
>>
>>27801869
this
>>
beb
>>
Think about the rest of the team, and Mera! We can't make them stay up here! Things are about to get bad! Choosing to stay affects the entire team. Not just Rem. Are you prepared to see the team tear each other apart based on the whims of angry telepathic creatures? I don't want to loose any of the science team and I don't want to see Mera die trying to save Rem. This ending does not need to be bittersweet, we can have a happy ending here and now.
What else do you guys hope to discover up here anyway? The only thing left to do up here would be confronting the telepathic creatures up here and maybe giving an apology to Bayneu for not being able to improve it's living conditions.
The other team is long dead and I doubt a bunch of unarmed scientists will stand a chance against psychic creatures that have adapted to live in this brutal environment.
If this decision only affected Rem, then staying might be okay even if it is very stupid at this point, but we have the well being of the entire science team to consider, as well as Mera. I really don't think we should stay.
>>
In character I can't think of a reason to stay.

OOC, I really want to stay and figure this all out.
>>
>>27802591
For one, the sphere is here, and is the only one that can realistically stop the changes to Rem and maybe even help Pyrite fix some of the damage done to him.
Bear in mind at least one of the team is already leaving. No one has to stay if we do.
Some likely will, but they have their own reasons for doing so, and know the risks as well as we do at this point.
>>
>>27802460
>>
>>27802558

You're forgetting that not everyone has to leave. Only those that choose to. So how about you stop cowering in your little corner over the risk of dying and put on your big boy pants. This is a fantasy adventure story and none of these characters are alive to begin with. Some of us would like to resolve this story instead of doing the same [Panic and Leave] that you all did in Sub Quest.

>>27802636
This guy gets it.

If by chance we are going to be outvoted to leave, we now have to consider that we only have seven hours to visit the sphere and potentially solve as much of this mystery as we can. No normal person could pull that off, but we aren't normal people.
>>
I want to solve mystery.
>>
>>27800340
If we're going to leave and never come back, we should at least visit the sphere one last time for Mera's sake. Also, Rem probably wants answers to what she became after connecting to the sphere.
I say we should meet with the extraction team near the sphere, go inside, meet the sphere one last time.
we get out of there after checking the sphere out with the assistance of extraction ponies (which i assume would be prepared for fighting)
>>
you just know shits going to go down as soon as the video call is over, those weird ass creatures are going to infect someone or go bezerk inside the outpost and fuck shit up
prisms going to die, calling it
>>
>>27804601
See, that's what I'd normally expect but Nips has already let his players bitch out before.
>>
I only support going back to the sphere if we go alone, or only with Mera. Nobody else is necessary. If we do though, we need to get this mare from the EUP to tell Patches to stand down while we do. I think those creatures got in his mind last time we visited the sphere to make ponies look irrational, since that didn't seem like the Patches we know.

Also
>>27803996
The reason I want to leave is because there is nothing else for us to do here. You keep talking about some great mystery, but we have no questions or leads to go off of.
We have samples to study and personal accounts to look over but nothing left to search for, unless you want to find the mangled corpses of the last team and drag them back so we can toss em in a nice pine box. Either way, I think staying is unreasonable at this point.
>>
>>27804601
Well since Cherry isn't leaving alone anymore it could be anyone now.
>>
>>27804630
The sphere is powerful and being influenced by unknown entities who have something against ponies.
I'd say discovering what these others are and what they want from the sphere is very important.
>>
The easiest and most likely way this could continue is if the evac crew got destroyed before or once they got here, but that's not gonna happen. R-right?
>>
>>27804664
Or if they were blocked from entering. Maybe the base will "disappear" Just putting that out there.
>>
>>27804673
Or maybe the EPU could be sending a "Clean up" crew.
>>
>>27804653
For what? These things are likely ancient, and obviously don't want us fucking with their world seed. I don't think one horny old mare and her space-child are going to shift their opinions. Besides what good is getting more control over the sphere going to realistically do for us? The way I see it, those telepathic creatures are probably trying to keep ponies away from Bayneu to keep us from fucking up the entire world. I wouldn't be surprised if they see us as pests simply because we're really close to destroying the world on accident by waking the sphere.
>>
>>27804689
I'm still maintaining an (un)healthy level of paranoia about that. We should ask Patches if we can trust them, if the opportunity comes up.
>>
>>27804737
Those are assumptions too.
I could just as easily say they may have lost access some time before we arrived and having now regained it are planning something very bad for the world.
>>
>>27804762
Still at least I have assumptions about why we should leave. The only reason you are giving me to stay is because it will extend the length of the quest and because you want to chase down some mystery, despite having no leads to go on. What are you searching for?
>>
>>27804926
No, I want to stay to try to, among other things, stop whatever is happening to Rem, as I already explained in an earlier post.
>>
>>27804926
How is the mysterious magical otherworldly orb not a lead to you?
>>
>>27805006
>>27805052
Fine, since I'm the only one who seems to think that leaving is the correct idea, I'm obviously wrong. I'll just sit and wait for things to turn out more than fine when we stay here find whatever truth you seem to be looking for and live happily ever after because we stayed and did something.

I just want you to come up with some kind of plan for when we go back to the sphere. Right now, I don't think you know what we should ask it. But since you said that a big mysterious sphere is enough of a lead, you must know exactly what to do or say when you go back to investigate it.
>>
>>27805556
When we played SubQuest, we did the cautious pay and got a good ending.

You really think Nippo is going to give the same tactic a win in a sequel?
>>
>>27805656
Fucking whatever, I'm wrong to think that our mission is complete. Do what you want.
>>
I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get out of this easy. Either the evac crew is gonna get messed up and not make it, or they'll send a clean up crew and kill everything and leave the sphere buried in the ice.
>>
>>27805721
Why would they get us on the video-phone to agree to an NDA if they were just going to scorch and burn the entire team. Besides, we're more valuable as live specimens and just killing the rest of the science team would make Rem and Mera less likely to cooperate with EUP. I don't think the EUP is going to kill everyone.
>>
The last scene will be rem wandering out into the frozen tundra alone to certain death after the rest of the crew gets wasted by an epu clean up crew
>>
File: bort.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
bort.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>27805692
>>
>>27800340
I vote we take the deal and get out.
>>
>>27806385
Nips pls.
>>
Mm, I still say stay. we've got a foreign race which is hostile (or at least aggressive) towards ponies controlling a conscious orb creature of unknown power. It has notable capabilities which we've observed first hand, such as wiping memories (from patches), possibly altering ponies perception of time (hours passed after minutes of talking), and a sample retrieved from it mutated and grew into another form of life never before seen.

I say there are plenty of reasons to stay and try to control the orb, however, I totally understand ponies wanting to leave. Rem won't stop any ponies from leaving (as cute as Cherry is). Again, getting some soldiers would be helpful.
>>
>>27807253
Stay bump
>>
>>27800340
>>27801869
>>27800553
>>27800745
>>27802636
>>27802558
>>27804436
>>27804601
>>27804630
>>27804653
>>27807253
You pause and think over your options.
On the one hoof, you could get out while you can. It's still basically on the EPU's terms, but you get out. You won't get the answers that you'd like, and you'd never come back. But you'd have Mera, and Patch-
You shake your head a little. You shouldn't be letting those thoughts tell you what to do.
Okay so, that's all well and good, but on the other hoof, if you stay, you risk dying, or worse. You could put the team in danger, and that's not something you want to do. But, you have a better chance at figuring out what's going on.
Ugh, why are they making you do this? Why not get someone more decisive?
You tap your head.
>"Ms. Minet. What is wrong?"
"Nothing I'm just... thinking about my options. I'd like to go, but there's so much here that we don't know yet. But I don't want to endanger the team by staying."
>"... A day."
"What?"
>"We can pick up the team, and let you and any others who want to stay, do so. If you wish to go see the sphere once more, then you can. Return, and there will be an evac team waiting for you here at the outpost."
"Really? That sou-"
>"HOWEVER. We will not be sending you any security. We can send you a weapon, but only one. It shows here that Mr. Patches is the only one with proper training, so if you wish for us to send you a weapon, you must convince him to stay with you."
She leans forward.
>"OR, you can leave with the rest of the team. It's your choice."
>>
>>27807552
Leave. As much as we want to stay and figure things out, I don't want anyone to be put in danger because of us. I bet if it was just us and Patches, then Patches would die.
>>
>>27807552
stay
>>
>>27807552
Time to leave. Something deadly is probably waiting at the sphere.
>>
>>27807552
Whatever we're doing I would like to talk to the sphere again. It's the only one that might shed some light on what's happening to us.
>>
>>27807552
>>27807577
>>27807600
If we end up dying or getting a bad end, do we get a retry.
>>
>>27807552
God damn it, this is the same choice as Bath's CYOA. Lets see the sphere again and than decide.
>>
>>27807616
That would be shit and I'd expect better of Nips.
>>
>>27807552
I still think leaving is the smartest option.
>>
I hope this goes well.

Stay.
>>
Well, it sounds like there's gonna be an Evac team either way. I think this is the time to go back and talk it out with everypony else. Sea foam expressed a disappointment in leaving, and iirc at least a few others did too to some degree. Cherry wants gone, no question, so she can go.
Maybe we can talk with... Was it gingersnap? She seems pretty in with the EPU crowd, talk to her in particular about how to proceed, what the EPU might do (presently and in the future regarding the sphere).
Maybe if we hear what other ponies plan on doing after this, it will make us want to go back to normal life too (if that's even possible).
I'm just worried about this sphere being controlled by anti-pony creatures.
>>
>>27807871
If the creatures keep putting Bayneu in stasis, I don't think they are trying to do anything bad with it.
>>
>>27807885
Hm, stasis? Where do you get that from?
>>
>>27807918
They erased Bayneu's memories and re-froze it last time a team of ponies drilled down and woke it up. I'm just calling it as I see it.
>>
>>27807552
>>27807577
>>27807600
>>27807601
>>27807611
>>27807626
"I think... I think I'll stay."
>"Very well. You have one day, Ms. Minet. That is all I needed you for. You may leave. Please tell Mr. Patches to come back inside on your way out."
"Y-yes."
You turn around to Mera.
"Cmon, let's go."
She nods and follows you out. When you close the door behind you, you feel a weight being taken off your chest.
>Patches: "So, what'd she say?"
"O-oh, just stuff I expected. Um, then we uh..."
>Patches: "Yes?"
"We kind of decided to..."
>Patches: "Decided to?"
You lower your voice and talk out the side of your mouth.
"stay."
>Patches: "What?"
"we decided to stay."
>Patches: "Rem, my hearing isn't really the best-"
"We decided to stay one more day while the rest of the team leaves."
He stands there.
>Patches: "You what"
"Look, there are things we need- I need to know. I just need to see the sphere one more time. That's it. Then when I come back, there will be a team waiting to pick me up."
>Patches: "... I'm going with you."
"What?"
>Patches: "If you're staying, I'm going to stay with you. I assume Mera is also going to be staying?"
You nod.
>Patches: "Alright. Rem. If you REALLY are going to be staying for, how much longer again?"
"A day."
>Patches: "A day. If you're going to be staying for one day, I'd appreciate it VERY much if you asked the other team to get on the evac transport that coming."
"What do you mean?"
>Patches: "If we go to the sphere, it'll be the three of us."
"But, why not let the others come wit-"
He puts his hoof on your shoulder.
>Patches: "Rem. Please."
His eye is closed, but you can see his shut eyelids trembling.
>Patches: "I don't want anyone on this mission to die. I'd prefer it if we all left. But, if you're set on going back to the sphere, then I want to minimize potential danger to just us."
His hoof starts to get heavier.
>Patches: "Please."
>>
>>27807939
Alright, Patches.
Just the three of us.
>>
>>27807939
Yes, the rest of the team needs to evacuate as soon as possible. Less risk of them getting mind-controlled and tearing each other apart.
>>
>>27807939
Agree with Patches. Hug him, mostly for comforting him than yourself.
>>
If they all have to go, I want a tearful goodbye w/ sea foam. Bonus points for promising to come back alive/unmutated so we can cuddle together and watch sappy romcoms again.
WHOOO boy we're really doing it. I hope this works out.
>>
Can we kiss the rugged stallion?
>>
>>27808025
Please this.
>>
>>27807939

Alright. I'll try to convince them to leave, but I suspect at least one of them is going to want to stay as well.

We haven't known each other all that long, but I understand how you feel. Maybe even if the reason is different, I understand. In a short amount of time....we've all become like a family.
>>
We need to get the science team back together in a year or two for a good barbecue.
>>
File: north144.gif (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
north144.gif
19 KB, 500x500
>>27807950
>>27807953
>>27807987
>>27808025
>>27808053
>>27808066
You place your hoof onto his.
"Alright Patches. Just the three of us."
He looks up to you.
>Patches: "Thank y-"
You move forward and plant your lips onto his. Your heart starts to race, but you don't want to move.
You just stay there with him.
After a few moments that felt like hours, your lips slowly pull apart. You stare at each other.
>"Patches: "Rem, I-AUGH!"
He jumps, and startles you. You fall onto your flanks.
Mera is standing jest behind him.
>Mera: "Mr. Patches, the mare on the screen said for you to go back in."
>Patches: "R-right. I... I'l talk with you later Rem."
You're still reeling from what you just did.
"Y-yeah. See you then..."
He turns around and walks back into the room.
You just sit there on the floor.
>Mera: "Are you alright, mother?"
"Y-yeah."
She helps you back onto your hooves.
With your mind partially fried, you walk back to the rec room to get some water.
What now?
gonna stop for the night. see you all tomorrow!
>>
A glass of water sounds like a good plan.

Then, we need to gather up the rest of the team and break the news. We're going to need to gird our loins for this one- most of the guys wanted to stay and tough it out, so they might get uppity if we tell them to jump ship and leave us behind.
>>
File: 1419372052242.png (101 KB, 301x343) Image search: [Google]
1419372052242.png
101 KB, 301x343
>send a team up north
>never seen or heard from again
>decide to send another team
>no better equipped than the last one
>>
>>27808711
>Secret research organization logic
Happens all the time in movies and stories mate.
>>
File: Franklin expedition.jpg (15 KB, 308x400) Image search: [Google]
Franklin expedition.jpg
15 KB, 308x400
>>27808711
It could be worse. They could have sent us out with lead-soldered food tins, and lead-lined boilers for our hot water.
>>
I guess this is the best possible course of action. Most of the team lives and we get some answers before our (likely) demise.

I can't imagine you anons want this quest to end so badly, right when all the interesting shit is happening. I'm 90% sure this is Nips engineering an ending from the shadows to get out of responsibility.
>>
rem is going to have to trick the rest of the crew, especially sea foam. Her and patches are going to have to pretend to be getting on last and trick the crew into boarding. Que heart wrenching scene where sea foam cries behind a window trying to get out and stay with rem. after they're gone patches and rem will prepare for the descent the next day by packing supplies and furiously fucking. The things lurking outside the outpost will raid it early in the morning forcing them to flee to the sphere
>>
>>27809377
Sounds just about right. It'll be even more heart wrenching if the things attack the evac vehicle and we see it get destroyed in the distance.
>>
We musn't mess this up, BDubs got a happy ending, we must get happier!
>>
How big is his patchdick?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.