[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LyraQuest (a CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: Lyraquestheader3.png (132 KB, 1750x1750) Image search: [Google]
Lyraquestheader3.png
132 KB, 1750x1750
Ponyville is too boring. Well, aside from the monster attacks every weekend, weird political intrigue, and occasional explosion from Twilight's castle...
Point being, it's the same old, same old. I want to change that. My name is Lyra Heartstrings, and it's time to melt some faces!

Last thread (Not necessary to play): http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/26825507/#26825507

Last time:
*I helped a mare with relationship problems. Poor thing.
*I did some fetch quest for Flitter while she took Rumble to a game.
*I got some neat ideas for dates from a cute stallion in a question booth who apparently works with Amy.
*I want to start a band cuz maybe I can get closer to Bonnie that way. I bought her some bongos. Noteworthy and maybe Octavia are also gonna join. I don't even know if Bon Bon plays anymore...
So now you're caught up. Here's what I do next...

38 KB, 1050x1050
>It's a new dawn, it's a new day!
>You wake up without an alarm, so it's already noon
>You have next to nothing planned for this Thursday. Sure, you need something to do so you don't get too bored, but that's what hobbies are for!
>You're trying to remember what your hobbies are in your sleepy stupor. You scratch your flank as you think about the day...
>Oh yeah, you need that mini-lyre still. But that's the only thing on your to-do list, other than have a dinner/pre-jam session with Noteworthy. That's at 7:00 though.
>It's way past 8:00AM, so your roommate Amethyst should be away at work.
>Although it's not early, you still have the whole afternoon ahead of you. Got any big ideas, missy?
>>
>>27627148
go ahead and knockout the one thing on your to do list like the responsible mare you are
>>
>>27627148
go out and about after having a good breakfast. Or lunch considering the time.
>>
>>27627208
This.
>>
File: brekkest and lyre.png (21 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
brekkest and lyre.png
21 KB, 1050x1050
>>27627208
>>27627286
>>27627421

"Ooaaaaaaahhhhhgghh..." You sit up with a yawn and stretch. Better get started with your day!
>Leaving your blankets in a nice heap, you make your way outside, grabbing your pouch of bits and some toaster pastries.
>Might as well kill two birds with one stone! You nom your pastries as you walk off your grogginess and head to a small outdoor vendor to buy a mini-lyre.
>It's made with nylon strings, so it doesn't need a case! Good for travel.
>You dig your pouch out of your mane and pay the shopkeep 15 bits for your new toy.
>Saddlebags are too bulky for a quick trip like this, so you're glad you have a messy mane.
>A bra would work better to store things in... darn pony fashion. Whatever.
>It's a good thing you have magic! You feel sorry for the short-maned braless non-horney mares out there.
>Wait, would that make you a horney mare? You glance up at your horn in thought.
>"Anything else I can do for you?"
>The shopkeep breaks your train of innuendos and thoughts.
"Huh? Oh, uh..."
>The shop sells an assortment of small instruments and doodads, but it looks like you have most of these things already.
>Across the plaza are a few foals playing frisbee... on a Thursday morning.
>There are other shops around, and you swear one of them is making caramel corn judging by the amazing smell.
>You could always go somewhere else. You do have all of Ponyville open to you.
>>
>>27627529
I was just wondering if you have any miniature lyres I could take a look at.
>>
>>27627529
Go congratulate those fillies on skipping school and clue them in on how following the system is what The Mare wants you to do. Fight the power Lyra.
>>
>>27627566
Aww yeah, this
>>
File: Showthesystem.png (42 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Showthesystem.png
42 KB, 1050x1050
>>27627556
>>27627566
>>27627635

>You want to know if they have any more mini-lyres. The one in front of you looks nothing like the lyre you have at home.
>It's not even the same colour. This must be a style based on medieval lyres.
"Nah man, I'm good. Thanks though."
>You make your way to the other side of the park, flagging down the foals as you approach.
>They look a bit nervous, and shift uneasily.
"Hey, are you like out of school?"
>"U-um, I can explai-"
"That's so rad!"
>"You see I... what?" The foals nearby take puzzled looks.
"That's awesome! Showing the system what's what!" You ruffle the purple colt's mane.
"Right on, little dudes!"
>"wait... this isn't a trick, is it?" The blue filly spits the frisbee out of her mouth as she speaks.

"Course not!"
>You spend the next five minutes lecturing the foals about "the Mare" and how staying in school is their way of keeping free spirits in line. You realize you should've worn a bandanna today.
>The foals are giving you weird looks, like they're unsure if they want to invite you to play or send you off.
>"So... you're fine with us? Do... do you like Frisbee?"
>>
>>27627905
Of course I like frisbee, little rebels.
>>
>>27627905
tell them about ultimate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_%28sport%29?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>27627905
Who doesn't like frisbee?

THE MARE!
>>
>>27627905
Oh, I didn't even know that was a lyre. I thought it was a wallet.
>>
File: 1450429856254.jpg (1 MB, 10000x5561) Image search: [Google]
1450429856254.jpg
1 MB, 10000x5561
>>27627998
Useless what the fuck are you doing here
>>
>>27627905
This
>>27628010
that's who
>>
>>27628057
oops, though I removed that
>>
File: Dogg.png (89 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Dogg.png
89 KB, 1050x1050
>>27627923
>>27627998
>>27628010

"Um... of course I like frisbee, little rebels!"
You giggle. "You know who doesn't like frisbee?"
>The colt shrugs, at a loss.
"THE MARE. Let's play!"
>You earn a giggle from the foals around you. Aaaaw yeah. You love having fun with the little ones.
>You spend a good hour or so running around and playing frisbee with them.
>It's tiring! You must've lost like bleventeen pounds with all this running!
>See, it's fun AND healthy. Amy can shutup about you not doing anything.
>After a while, you even teach the foals the wonders of Ultimate frisbee! You're super sweaty after all this exercise. You also have that cramp in your gut that you get when you're lazy for a while and you try running again for the first time.
>You know the one.
>Panting, you wave the tireless foals on.
"Go... go on without me!"
>You're tired, thirsty, sweatty as all getout, and slightly hungry again. Well, that was fun!
>It's about 3:30 in case you were wondering. You still have plenty of time before you gotta go to Noteworthy.
>What do?
>>
>>27628298
Alright, we should continue searching for the lyre.
>>
>>27628298
Let's find a sandwich shop or something
>>
File: Zonemap of ponylandville.png (32 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Zonemap of ponylandville.png
32 KB, 1050x1050
>>27628306
>>27628657

>You feel like you should continue the search for the mini-lyre.
>The thing is, you already found one, even though it looks so different than the one you're used to!
>You go back to the vendor and purchase the mini-lyre, stowing it... in your mane, you guess.
>Once again, a bra would be nice here. But you suppose this is a test of how portable this thing is.
"Okay, mini-lyre. Check."
>You levitate the lyre and pluck a few notes while you get your bearings and figure out where you are versus where you want to go.
>It takes you a while. Like, you feel like you wait for at least a half-hour, if not 40 minutes before you think of anything. Even when you do, it's not much.
>Ponyville can be roughly lumped into a few zones from what you remember. Now aside from some big landmarks like that botique or the big stupid castle, you know there's a few parks, some market zones - which would have a few sandwich shops, the plaza which is a mix of houses and shops, and the housing section.
>There's a river to the east somewhere, but as far as a map goes you can't remember where you'd put it.
"What to do... What to do..."
>You mumble the question a few times before being interrupted by a very familiar voice.
>"Talking to yourself again, I see? Can't be good for you, Lyly."

LAst one for the night. I'd stay up later but updates would be slower than they already are cuz I'm tired.
Anyway, thanks for playing, and see ya tomorrow!
>>
>>27628740
Ayy Minuette, what's going on? What brings you to Ponyville?

And yes, talking to myself helps me think.
>>
>>27628740
'sup Colgate. Office closed today?

>>27628798
>Minuette
REEEEE
>>
>>27628808
That's her name tho. There was an episode about it and everything.
>>
>>27628850
Minuette lives in Canterlot, we're in Ponyville. This is obviously Colgate
>>
>>27628858
But she said, and I quote. "You remember our old friend Lyra, right? She lives in Ponyville too. We're always over there visiting her. Or, she's coming over here!"
>>
>>27628868
The show does dumb things and Colgate is a better name. They just had to go with Minuette for copyright reasons.

I prefer to call her Colgate, but I was really just joking. It's up to Mint as to what to call her really.
>>
>>27628876
I actually like Minuette over Colgate. It's a pretty name.
>>
>>27628740
Sorry about that dude, I'm kinda out of it tonight.

I thought we passed it up cause we didn't like it.
>>
Parks can be a lot of fun.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
talking to yourself helps you clear your head!
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>27628740
Ask MinuGate if we smell from playing all that frisbee? We don't want to be a smelly pony....or do we?
>>
>>27631714
if it's a outdoorsy-sweaty-musky-kinda-smell-that-makes-stallions-turn--their-heads-instinctively-because-pheromones then sure why not
but if it's a outdoorsy-sweaty-musky-kinda-smell-that-makes-stallions-turn--their-heads-reflexively-because-retching then probably not
>>
>>27631831
Somehow...that's exactly what I was thinking.
>>
Smelly pony bump
>>
Mint toothpaste bump
>>
File: musky.png (56 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
musky.png
56 KB, 1050x1050
>>27628798
>>27628808
>>27631714
>>27631831

"Oh hey, toothpaste."
>You love giving nicknames to your friends. Minuette, or Colgate as she was known in school due to her mane colours, was one of your best friends growing up.
>She chose to take a dentist job in Canterlot, and you moved to Ponyville to get away from the magic restrictions in Canterlot.
>"Hey hey, harper" Colgate says with a chuckle.
"Hey, I gave up that name a while ago, dude. I'm not into that show anymore."
>"Oh please, you were ADDICTED to that show."
>Colgate snickers. "Still avoiding the big city?"
"Screw magic meters. Of course I'm not living there."
>"Yeah, they kinda suck sometimes. Oh well, I suppose that comes with living in the capital."
"So, what brings you to town? Office closed today?"
>Colgate giggles and takes a seat near you. "I'm here to pick up some stuff for the office. Saw you mumbling and panting like somepony in heat. Thought I'd bug you."

"Oh hey..." You walk over to Colgate, wiggling your butt towards her. "I was playing frisbee with some rebels. Do I smell?"
Colgate laughs cheerfully, shaking her head and taking a whiff. "Hmm... yeah."
"Is it a outdoorsy-sweaty-musky-kinda-smell-that-makes-stallions-turn--their-heads-instinctively-because-pheromones? Or is it an outdoorsy-sweaty-musky-kinda-smell-that-makes-stallions-turn--their-heads-reflexively-because-retching?"

>"The former", Colgate says with a wink.
>You feel a lot better about yourself. Heck, you feel a bit flirty right now too.
>Colgate looks like she's not in a big hurry, so you're free to talk about other stuff and catch up.
>What do you do?
>>
>>27634642
Whatchu need for your office? We'll join you. Ooh, I hope we get to go to the Nitrous Oxide pony.
>>
>>27634729
This
>>
>>27634729
Forgive me for being retarded, but is Nitrous Oxide Pony another name for someone, or is it a joke? I wanna be sure before I update, heh
>>
>>27634828
Don't apologize, we're all retarded here. Also I worded that a little awkwardly, I was thinking of a random pony who sells nitrous oxide. It's not a refference to anything.
>>
>>27634863

What the fuck is nitrous oxide?
>>
>>27635014
Nitrous oxide is the gas that dentists give to their patients. Aka laughing gas.
>>
File: Sniffy.png (32 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Sniffy.png
32 KB, 1050x1050
>>27634729
>>27634863

"Whatchu need for your office? We'll join you. Ooh, I hope we get to go to the Nitrous Oxide pony."
>"Nitrous Oxide pony?" Colgate laughs cheerfully again. "That's one way of saying her name. I don't think Laffy Taffy will let you hit the gas again, twerp." Colgate punctuates her jab with a booty bump.
"Darnit." You liked the funny gas. It made your voice higher!
>"Well, wanna follow along?"
>You and Minuette make your way to the plaza, to an office building.
>"Heyo! I'm Minuette from Canterlot family Dentistry. Here for a supply package?"
>The receptionist starts running numbers, talking to Colgate about business things.
>You hear the sound of sniffing. Ooooh boy... There's a donkey with an unkempt mane giving you an odd look... Come to think of it, there's a few stallions sniffing. Granted, they're not rushing you, but still...
>You're not even in heat! What the heck...
>Oh. Yeah... You smell like musk from all that exercise. That and you didn't shower after last night when you played with your new...
>Well, that explains a little. Crap. Colgate doesn't notice.
>The situation is uncomfortable, but not critical. You could book, or play it up. Or do something else.
>What do you do?
>>
I didn't make this too weird, did I?
Lemme know if I do stupid stuff like that sometimes. I'm not always the best at judging where to take the quest.
I can write a different prompt if you wish.
>>
>>27635151
Uh oh, we're making stink lines. It's not good when other people can see your funk. We should probably excuse ourselves and go shower, but let's see where this goes first.
>>
>>27635239
I think the board is just slow right now more than anything. I also don't think you can get too weird for 4chan.
>>
>>27635239
Nah, not really. Every quest I play has been slow tonight.
>>
>>27635151
We should wait until it's a good time to leave. Everyone kinda smells sometimes.
>>
>>27635151
FUCK
EVERYONE
>>
File: shower.png (155 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
shower.png
155 KB, 1050x1050
>>27635264
>>27635292
Good to know. Thankya guys. Also, taking a small break to do some chores. Next update will be longer.

>>27635247
>>27635395
>>27635414

>You feel uncomfortable.
>You also feel suddenly a lot bolder.
>It's a weird yet familiar feeling, even though it's not that time in your cycle yet.
>Darn herbal remedies. You knew that hippie pony was jank. These side effects are totally not worth improving your focus.
>The donkey is slicking his hair back and feeling self-conscious. Time to leave.
"Hey Cresty, I think Imma book. I'll have to catch up with you later."
>"Something come up?" Colgate looks at you in friendly concern.
"It might if I stay around, ye." You pull your long-time friend into a side hug. "Catch you later, man."
>"Ma... Oh yeah. See you later, Harper."
"I said I don't go by that anymore!"
>You huff in amusement as you bid Colgate and the now-depressed donkey to their work.
>You were getting very... bad urges in there. You know better than that. Bad Lyra.
>If you're gonna do something raunchily embarrassing, it'll be alone where nobody can see. Or hear.
>Besides, you're pretty sure you're making stink lines at this point. Off to home with you!
>Back at the apartment, you fire up the shower. Nice and hot.
>You melt into the tub as you let the refreshingly warm water soothe your fur and skin.
>After washing, you sit and enjoy the warmth for a while, deciding not to leave this massage until you figure out what to do next. You still have about two hours before you gotta get ready for dinner with Noteworthy.
>What do you do?
>>
>>27635600
Space out until it's time for dinner.
>>
>>27635600
Construct forts out of books and pillows and test their relative strengths and weaknesses.
>>
File: Fortyfort.png (38 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Fortyfort.png
38 KB, 1050x1050
>>27635650
>>27635680

>That shower felt great!
>You've forgotten about how hot you were feeling. Towling off, you wiggle a bit in your newly clean and good-smelling form.
>Time to kill time! But how...
>You wander into the living room and collapse on the couch. You lay there for a while.
>You slide off the couch halfway. Still resting.
>Five minutes passed and you've slid all the way off, save one of your back legs. This is boring.
>Comfortable, but boring. You get the desire to build a fort! Maybe one out of books and pillows.
>You hop up and get to it. Of course, you soon discover that you're a bit short on books, save for a few music comp textbooks. Those will do for now.
>On to pillows! You scrounge a few from your room and some from Amy's. You now have a fort!
>A somewhat small fort, but it's a fort all the same. You feel accomplished.
>It's getting close to time now. You could frolic around the house some more if you want, or go ahead and get prepared. It shouldn't take too long to get ready, though.
>What do you do?
>>
>>27636254
We need to get ready! We now know that we're adorable, but can we be a classy and glamorous mare too?
>>
>>27636254

Get prepared.
>>
File: Noteworthyatthebar.png (45 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Noteworthyatthebar.png
45 KB, 1050x1050
>>27636363
>>27636697

>Time to get ready. You can continue your antics later.
>You put the books back and return the pillows to their places. You give the daki a soft hug before putting it away too.
>Let's see if you're able to play the glamorous mare, too.
>Trick question: you can.
>It takes you a little longer than you thought to get your mane in check, but you don your little black dress, put on some makeup and make your way to the Fancy Stable, a dorky-named but rather upscale bar for this little town.
>Noteworthy looks surprised to see you dressed up by the way he's smiling.
>"Woah there, Lookin' spiffy, Ly. Righteous."
"You look snazzy too, man. Got the pub rocker look goin on."
>"I doo what I can, Ly. So, How'd the other meet'n greets go? Any prog on the band?"
"Tavi says she might be able to. Depends on her schedule. Bon Bon's hard to read. I might have to convince her more."
>"Tough. I knew you were wanting her on, dude."
>You nod glumly. Bon Bon doesn't seem as invested in music as you are. Then again, she was under a bit of stress when you saw her last...
>"So, what else is new in life? Any fun adventures since I saw ya last?"

Last for the night. Till then!
>>
time to sleep bump
>>
>>27638557
Cammy you better kiss Mint before you die.
>>
>>27638988
no
Hate to leave the trip on.
>>
>>27638988
>>
>>27639579
>>
>>27640129
>>
>>27641024
>>
>>27636890
Not really. I saw Minuette earlier, we caught up. What about you? What's up in the world of Noteworthy?
>>
>>27641963
>>
>>27635151
>>27636254
You're fucking my sides up with these visual gags. Bravo.
>>
File: Nby.png (25 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Nby.png
25 KB, 1050x1050
>>27638988
I feel I'm missing some context here...

>>27641968
>You smile and lean back on your barstool.
"Not really. I saw Minuette earlier. We caught up. What about you? What's up in the world of Noteworthy?"
>Noteworthy nods with a grin. "Cool deal. And as for me, oh boy does the guild keep me running around! You'll never guess what the department has me researching..."
"Is it... 'the wonders and under-appreciation of harsh noise?'"
>"Nah... get this: the board is having me research 'sub-genric lyric structures of neo-urban folk recordings'. So basically I get to listen to a bunch of wannabe rappers' home recordings."
"No way man. That's redonk!" You giggle a bit. You can't say you miss the offbeat assignments the guild used to give you for research. Although you did learn a lot during your time there.
>"Yeah, like I said, it's a might odd, but I suppose there's been worse assignments."
>The two of you make small talk, waiting for the waiter to arrive. Once finally does after a time, offering you both menus and a choice of alcoholic drinks.
>The Fancy Stable offers what about every upscale vegan diner does - there's tasty rice mixes, tofu meals, carrot cakes, grilled asparagus and so forth. As for drinks, it's whatever you like.
>You're kind of a fruity drink girl though. Still, you think you might be up for experimenting with something new.
>"...By the way, you clean up nice, Ly. Right on!"
"Uh, thanks I guess." You've never been that good with compliments.
>"Also, I gotta ask..." Noteworthy orders a tofu steak with a leek salad, and some bourbon on the rocks before turning back to you.
>"So what's you M.O for wanting to start this band? I mean, like, you gotta have a passion, girl. I've only heard bits and pieces of your plan... so what is it?"
>Seems you have a few choices to make. What's your response?
>>
>>27643254
It's a meme from Cammy's quest.
Bands are cool! And playing with others is very different from playing alone.
There's a lot we could learn from each other, and it's a good way to make some new friends too.
>>
File: Bandyea.png (29 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Bandyea.png
29 KB, 1050x1050
>>27643334
Ah. And sorry for the delay- more critter problems.

"Bands are cool! And playing with others is very different from playing alone."
>"True that," Noteworthy agrees with another nod.
"Besides, there's a lot we could learn from each other, and it's a good way to make some new friends too."
>You smile warmly at your friend, before realizing your need to order. You go with a modified Greek salad and a hard lemonade. You don't need to be a piggy tonight anyway.
>"I see. Yeah, so you're in it for the learning and social aspect."
"I guess so, yeah."
>"You always were the social butterfly. You'll do just fine, Ly."
"Thanks, man!"
>Your meals eventually arrive, and the the two of you chat and enjoy dinner while catching up on life, current events and band ideas.
>"So you said this would be some sort of Coltic-influenced thing? And it's me, you, Amy as the manager, maybe Bon Bon, maybe Octavia?"
"Sounds about right."
>"So, how'ew you planning on getting this thing started? Any ideas, Ly?"
>>
>>27643862
Organize a time and date and then get them under the same roof. play music.
>>
>>27643862
Nothing public at first. We can get together and see what everyone is like, try some simple stuff.
After that we'll see. f anyone needs help I could probably spend some extra time with them.
>>
File: iknowlikeright.png (34 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
iknowlikeright.png
34 KB, 1050x1050
>>27643941
>>27643970

"Well... Organize a time and date and then get them under the same roof, play music. That sorta deal. Nothing public at first though! We can get together and see what everyone is like, try some simple stuff."

>"Alright then," Noteworthy says with a nod. "Sounds straightforward enough."
"After that we'll see. If anyone needs help I could probably spend some extra time with them."
> Noteworthy chuckles and gives you a wink. "So I bet you're hoping Bon Bon will be a big screw-up."
"Oh shuttup, Noters," You say with a coy giggle.

>"Well, I'm free on Wednesdays and weekends. Good luck getting everyone else scheduled though."
>Noteworthy dabs his face with a napkin. "Well, unless you have anything else to talk about concerning the band... I think I'll be leaving. Hate to cut this short, but I have to be at another place tonight."
>You don't know if you have anything else to talk about. You really haven't thought through the planning part yet, but you know it'll work out.
>Do you have anything else to say? Dinner with Noteworthy was also the only thing on your agenda tonight. It's 8:30ish, so that leaves you with time for...

So sorry for another long break. Raccoons are butts. That and I lost power right after I had the update typed, but before I had it saved... Anyway, this is it for the evening. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27644332
Let's go practice our new lyre under the moonlight like the bohemian goddess that we are.
>>
>>27627145
>school of rock
my fucking nigger
>>
have a good night bunpo
>>
have a good morning bump
>>
beb
>>
>>27647376
>>
>>27647953
>>
>>27648533
>>
>>27649110
>>
>>27644802
Aww yeah.
>>
File: evenin in the park.png (49 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
evenin in the park.png
49 KB, 1050x1050
>>27644802

>Time to go make melodies.
"Nah man, I think that's it for now. Nice talking to you again, dude!"
>You and Noteworthy pay for dinner then part ways for the evening. You swing home only to pick up your lyre, earning a comment from Amy who's writing something in the living room.
>"Late night tipping?"
"Something like that, ye."
>"Alright, later Ly."
>In all honestly, Amy wouldn't bat an eye if you told her you were going to practice your new lyre under the moonlight like the bohemian goddess that you are. She's cool like that.
>But now you have two lyres! Lyre lyre, mare for hire. To the park!
>The vista is calm in Ponyville park tonight. There's not many out and about, but that's fine with you. You set up shop on a small bridge, sitting on the railing and floating your lyres nearby.
>A small ebby of music emenates from your tools as you engage in your craft, your years of practice showing their fruit in this moment.
>Well, not the exact moment you start, as you're still warming up. What few ponies are out seem to enjoy your tunage, however.
>Minutes pass, lost in music and atmosphere. You close your eyes.
>Breathe in. A light melody, whispering to the night.
>Breathe out. The tone takes a sad twist, reflecting the drawing thunder perfectly...
>Thunder. You pause, opening your eyes. Did the pegasi schedule something tonight? You swore you checked the forecast...
>There's nothing nearby for cover, save a tiny gazebo in the distance, some trees and the bridge you're on.
>What do you do?
>>
>>27652165
I'd say go for the gazebo.

If it rains hard, underneath a bridge might get us in the way of a flash flood, and trees don't give a lot of cover.
>>
File: rainplay.png (94 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
rainplay.png
94 KB, 1050x1050
>>27652187

>You go for the gazebo.
>Thing is, it starts raining before you can get there.
>You like the rain!
>But oh crap, your lyre. And your dress. Crap.
>You manage to put your big lyre away before it gets too wet, but your dress, fur and mane are totally saturated by the time you reach shelter.
"Well... shoobadoop. There goes getting this dress back to Amy untouched..."
>You decide to stay and make the most of your time. You're trapped, anyway.
>Pulling the little lyre out, you play a soft melody to accompany the sound of the rain, which seems to be picking up speed.
>You hear rustling but you're not sure why.
>What do you do?
>>
>>27652716
look to where you hear the rustling. Say hello to the pony and tell them to join you under the gazebo.
>>
File: firstbase.png (163 KB, 901x782) Image search: [Google]
firstbase.png
163 KB, 901x782
>>27652754

>Looking towards the rustling noise, you see a small colt. Apparently he'd been listening to you play.
>What's more is that he's opting to stand out in the rain than come inside.
"Hello little dude," You cause the colt to jump.
>"Ah! Sorry, I'll... leave you alone."
"No man, come in!" You pat the floor. "Not like I'm gonna huet you or anything."
>The colt creeps inside, sitting down glumly a few feet from you.
"Hey I think I've seen you around before. What's your name, dude? What're you doing out so late?"
>The colt gives you an uneasy look. "F-first base... I don't wanna be home right now, t-that's why... No point..."
>First base sighs and paws the floor dejectedly. If he were older, you would've made a 'first base' joke to try and cheer him up. Since he's so young, you don't want to be that mare. You know the type.
>What do you do?

Last for the night. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27653085
Ah man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you wanna talk about it?
>>
>>27653085
alright then. ask if he has any favorite songs. we can play that for him. or maybe we can just keep playing and he can learn some other songs we know.
>>
>>27653085
Cheer up the little guy
>>
File: 1459037036215.jpg (115 KB, 727x639) Image search: [Google]
1459037036215.jpg
115 KB, 727x639
>>27653085
>filename
Glad I could enjoy that before I actually finished reading the update. Night Minty.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27654424
>>
morning bump
>>
>>27655784
good afternoon?
>>
Let's leave page nine, as it's not the most safe place to be.
>>
>>27653085
>first base

That's hilarious. Maybe we should ask why his name is actually first base, though, instead of making assumptions. Hilarious assumptions.
>>
File: SFB.png (177 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
SFB.png
177 KB, 1050x1050
>>27653123
>>27653239
>>27653281
>>27659522

"Ah man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you wanna talk about it?"
>The colt sighs. "You're a big mare, so I don't know if you'd understand... sorry..." He kicks the ground dejectedly.
"Try me." You grin and nudge the depressed colt. "Everyone says I'm a really a filly, just a bit chubbier is all."
>"O-okay..." First Base gives you a quizzical look for a moment. "So... basically everypony hates me. My dad's gone, my mom doesn't care and my fillyfriend cheated on me and broke up with me!"
>Rough. Little guy's been through a lot, it sounds li-
>Wait. Fillyfriend? He seems a little young to have a...
"Aaah, so is that why you're called First Base then? So you're a little lady's man then~"
>You tried to resist, you really did. But the temptation was too strong...
>"What?" First Base glowers. "No... And I told you she cheated on me! I-i totally saw her passing love notes to this other colt during lunch!" First Base harumphs. "And my dad named me that. I don't know what it means, but the older foals make fun of me for it sometimes. I don't get what's funny about first base!"
"When it moves to second." You snicker to yourself. You had to take that shot- you'd be thinking it the whole night if you didn't.
>"Huh?"
"Look kiddo," you smooth that topic over and give him a pat. "You want me to play any songs? I wanna cheer you up."
>"I... can you play the one that goes 'doo doo doo doo, doo do?"
>What.
>You do your best, and a few botched attepmts later, you have First base giggling along with you as you play random show tunes.
>Seems he's feeling better, at least.
>"Hey, how come you'e out here anyway? Did your coltfriend cheat on you too?"
>>
>>27660210
nah, we're just practicing and writing music.
>>
>>27660210
I'm single but don't get any idea's.
So you like music? Ever think about playing an instrument, the ladies will be all over you if you do?

I have this lyre that's about you sized, want to try it out while I play? Just put your hooves here and here and twang the strings.
>>
File: firstbaaase.png (33 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
firstbaaase.png
33 KB, 1050x1050
>>27660234
>>27660533

"Nah, we're just practicing and writing music. ...Wait I mean I'm practicing music. I was like gonna make this band and get really good and stuff, but..." You sigh. " It's hard work, maan. So I came out here."
>"Alright." You're both silent for a bit before he speaks again.
>"Does my name involve kissing?"
"What?" You giggle at the sudden question.
>"Does it?"
"Well, yeah man, it does." You make a kissy face. "First base is when you make out with someone! It's pretty fun to do, dude."
>"Oooh... That makes a lot of sense now..."
"I'm single but don't get any ideas, chump." You giggle and nudge his side.
"So you like music? Ever think about playing an instrument? The ladies will be all over you if you do~"
>"R...Really?"
"Why do you think I'm a musician? Here, I have this lyre that's about you sized, want to try it out while I play? Just put your hooves here and here and twang the strings."
>You watch in amusement while First Base awkwardly plucks away at your minilyre. You give him a... oh wait. You give him a wave and nod, smiling supportively despite cringing inside at the abuse of melodic structure he's rendering on your poor lyre.
>First base pauses for a moment in contemplative quiet, setting the lyre down. "Um, back to earlier... so what should I do? I'm still kind of sad. It's hard to start over..."
>More councilling stuff. You've never been good at giving advice, but you're better at talking to foals, so maybe you'd be better able to help the poor kid out. Maybe.
>That or you could totally give really crappy advice. You never know.
>>
>>27660637

something something other fish in the sea something something get back on the horse something something animal metaphors

we should play sad breakup music to help set the mood
>>
>>27660637
don't know what to do about your marefriend, she could be passing notes for all kinds of reasons.
you need to find out what the notes say. attempt to find out on your own but if you can't then just ask her.
so why do you think your mom doesn't care about you? is she home right now?
>>
>>27660637
And if it does turn out for the worst....Trust me, it'll get better and you've got plenty of time to heal. What are you, like 10? You didn't think you were ready to get married did you?
>>
File: wha.png (22 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
wha.png
22 KB, 1050x1050
>>27660688
>>27660741
>>27660823

"Well, I don't know what to do about your marefriend, squirt. She could be passing notes for all kinds of reasons. Have you talked to her about it?"
>"Um... no..."
"Ah, see? You need to find out what the notes say. attempt to find out on your own but if you can't then just ask her. Trust me little dude, talking is important to fillies."
>"Okay... Thanks." First Base smiles a little, ruffling his mane to wring some of the water out.
"Oh, and something something other fish in the sea something something get back on the horse something something animal metaphors."
>"Um... okay?"
"No problem. So, why do you think your mom doesn't care about you? is she home right now?"
>"What?"
"You said your mom doesn't care about you."
>"I didn't say that!"
"Then what did you say?"
>"I said she doesn't care. She doesn't care that dad's gone. I miss him! He's all the way over in Canterlot, and mommy just says 'it'll be better soon,' but it isn't!"
>Ah, so he's dadsick. Not dadsick as in sick of dad though. The other kind.
"Want me to play some homecoming music?"
>"No thanks."
"Breakup music? There's some good ones I know."
>"No..."
"Aighty. And if it does turn out for the worst....Trust me, it'll get better and you've got plenty of time to heal. What are you, like 10? You didn't think you were ready to get married did you?"
>"I'm 9."
"Even more time to live life, little dude!"
>"Married? Eww, I don't wanna get married. I don't wanna be stuck forever!"
"Ha! Me too, little guy. I like you. You're funny."
>"I... I like you too..."
"Aay, remember, don't get any ideas."
>"Sorry..."
>A few more moments pass in quiet. You begin playing a breakup song anyway, when First Base interrupts you again.
>"Are you a gypsy? Can you teach me to be a gypsy too?"
>>
>>27661091
Nah, I'm not a gypsy. Just a silly little mare who got caught in the rain.
>>
>>27661091
no we're not a gpysy. don't even know what they really do. we have a house like way over there in town. they're supposed to live in carriages i think
>>
>>27661091
You can't learn to be a gypsy, you either are or you aren't. Something like that. Anyways, you want me to walk you home, your Mom's probably worried about you, she might think gypsies took you. (after the rain stops if it hasn't already).
>>
File: ThecrapManThatlittlesquirt.png (49 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
ThecrapManThatlittlesquirt.png
49 KB, 1050x1050
>>27661119
>>27661138
>>27661272

"Nah, I'm not a gypsy. Just a silly little mare who got caught in the rain. I don't even know what they really do!" You giggle. "I have a house like way over there in town. Nah, Gypsies are supposed to live in carriages or something i think. Besides, you can't learn to be a gypsy. you either are or you aren't. Something like that."
>"Okay." First base figits, looking up at you. "And thank you for helping me."
"No problem! It's not fun seeing somebody sad. Life's too short for that, dude. Anyways, you want me to walk you home? Your Mom's probably worried about you: she might think gypsies took you."
>First base leans over and gives you a quick, slightly stiff hug. "thanks, but... but no thanks. I... I guess I gotta go home now. I actually think mom would freak if I brought you home too."

"Oh? Wow, watch out there, tiger."
>The colt chuckles awkwardly. Looking outside the gazebo, you see the rain has finally passed. About time, too!
>"Well... g'bye!"
>Before you can react, First Base leans up and gives you a quick peck on the cheek before turning beet red and scampering off into the night.
>Well... that happened. Little twerp.
>His dad named him right. That sucker's a player.
>But back to your evening! You stand up and stretch, gathering your junk. Your dress is still soaking wet, but whatever. Time to strip!
"Now avert your eyes, little ones..." You speak to nobody in particular as you strip, making a show of it partially because your wet dress is really clingy, and partially because you feel like it.
>You wonder what else you could do tonight. While Ponyville doesn't exactly have a bustling nightlife, you don't think there's much to do at home except veg out on games. Maybe level grind or something.
>You're a wet (maned) mare with the night in front of you. What do you do?

Last one for the night. Till tomorrow!
>>
>>27661443
Maybe we could get home and do some composing.

Maybe something the band could play?
>>
kind of want to go home so that we can dry off more.
>>
>>27661918
I bet the hair goo we used has plastered our hair to our face and is all sticky and nasty. I hate that.
>>
time to go to sleep.
>>
>>27662882
>>
that colt is going to give a lot of kisses in his future.
>>
Here we come to page 1.
>>
>>27665268
And back again
>>
>>27666126
And again
>>
File: 1445378630081.png (526 KB, 724x889) Image search: [Google]
1445378630081.png
526 KB, 724x889
>>27666866
and yet again, but with some content
>>
File: tumblr_o5c7wvHI7I1rr4v4yo1_1280.jpg (529 KB, 1280x1412) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5c7wvHI7I1rr4v4yo1_1280.jpg
529 KB, 1280x1412
>>27667429
Content eh?
>>
File: 1445325657862.png (681 KB, 897x1417) Image search: [Google]
1445325657862.png
681 KB, 897x1417
>>27667649
just pictures of best mint horse
>>
File: shosher.png (88 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
shosher.png
88 KB, 1050x1050
>>27661459
>>27661918
>>27662054

>It's time to enjoy the nightlife!
>And by nightlife, you mean time to get home and de-crunkify yourself!
>Seriously, the hair goo you used has plastered your hair to your face and is all sticky and nasty. It's really annoying.
>You creak open the door, peering inside to see if Amy's sleeping out in the living room.
>She sometimes collapses mid-work and sprawls out in random spots. If you didn't know that she's always working, then you'd think she was narcoleptic or something.
>Good, she's not out here. You walk in, levitating your wadded-up dress and instruments behind.
>Setting your tools on the couch, you float the dress into the bathroom, laying it on the toilet as you stare into the mirror.
>Gosh, you look hideous. Like seriously, it's like somepony let a cat loose in your mane.
"I look like a sorority hooker the morning after..."
>You chuckle at yourself, then turn the sink on.
>Much better. After sink-washing your mane, you drape the dress over the shower rod and wrap a towel around your head.
>Well, you're still wide awake, and there's not much to do at 3AM except yourself. Maybe some work if you're so inspired.
>It just so happens that you feel an itch to compose. Maybe something everyone in your band can play?
>But what? There's so many styles, so many rhythmic structures, so many chords...
>Do you even have a theme in mind for a piece?
>>
>>27667921
Go to bed you crazy pony. It's 3am.
>>
>>27667921
We said we were going to do coltic stuff, right? Well, in that case, we can't cheat by using the typical pop chord progressions.
>>
File: Sleepin with the bf.png (68 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Sleepin with the bf.png
68 KB, 1050x1050
>>27667939
>>27667950

>Well, you were thinking about going with a Coltic theme for the band. So you can toss out the typical pop chord progressions. No cheating here.
>But that leaves you with... research to do. You gotta remember what chord progressions Coltic music uses. What the typical ranges are. Keys. That stuff.
>You scribble down notes on a nearby notepad, but you find yourself rapidly losing focus.
>Getting... tired... must... bed...
>But there's work to do!
>Don't care... beddybye...
>Stay awake, brain!
>But why...
>You lose the fight with your tired subconsciousness. Somehow, you manage to drag yourself to bed before you black out.
>...
>You wake with a fuzzy head. The sun's peeping through the sides of your blackout curtains, letting you know it's daylight out.
"Mmm.... morning, babe~"
>You snuggle for five more minutes, enjoying your soft and fluffy bedmate.
>You don't wanna get up. It's cozy here...
>You also feel an urge in your loins, but whether it's arousal or a full bladder is hard to tell.
>Bodies are weird like that. Always sending mixed signals.
"Mmhwhatimeisit..."
>Groggily blinking one eye open, you see your alarm clock.
>11:38.
>You don't even have anything planned for the day. You suppose you could drag yourself out of bed and go do something useful...
>Not knowing what to do, you snuggle back into your partner.
>>
>>27668218
Guess we could head to the music store/guild and pick up some pieces for study.

After brunch, of course.
>>
>>27668218
Let's get brunch outside and see if we run into any friendly poners while we drink enough coffee to inspire us.
>>
>>27668218

Wow, depressing. We really need a better partner.
>>
File: chordss.png (33 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
chordss.png
33 KB, 1050x1050
>>27668229
>>27668410

>Well, better do something with your day.
>Maybe you could head to the music store/guild and pick up some pieces for study.
>After brunch, that is.
>You scrape yourself off bed and trudge into the kitchen, looking for a quick bite to eat.
>Amy's at work again, so you have the place to yourself for the time being.
>After brunch, you head over to the guild.
>Before you get there, you're blindsighted by a flying object.
>"Oof! O-oh, So sorry! Can I help you with anything?"
>Turns out the flying object was a flying pony.
>Derpy Hooves is at it again.
>You call her Ditzy though. You always felt that Derpy was a rude name, even if it sounds cute.
"Nnnhhg... no, I think I'm okay."
>You rise to your hooves, helping Ditzy gather the stuff she spilled from her saddlebags when you collided.
>It's mostly booklets, makeup and snacks. Stuff you'd find in a mom bag or purse.
"So what're you up to today, Ditzy?"
>"Hi Lyra! Sorry again about running into you... but I'm going to the library! I'm looking for some books for my Dinky. She's doing a report on sea life and we don't have any books like that at home..."
>School stuff, then. Well, you're technically doing school stuff, too.
>The library doesn't sound too bad for info. Maybe they have new material.
"Hey, mind if I tag along? I was going to the music guild, but I need company to keep me awake."
>Derpy beams at you and takes off, you struggling to keep up.
"Hey, wait up!"
>Your search of the library isn't going the greatest.
>Sure, you found a few books on Coltic music, but most of these are studies of Coltic culture.
>Useful, but not very relevant. You have to sort through a lot of trivia before you can find anything useful.
>Derpy on the other hoof is doing fine, sitting close by and reading a hard cover copy of Equestria Geographic.
>>
>>27668668
Nice bow.
>>
>>27668668
Ask Ditzy if she knows any coltic ponies in town, maybe she's run into a few.
>>
File: Derpdunno.png (17 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Derpdunno.png
17 KB, 1050x1050
>>27668733
>>27668734

>Feeling easily distracted, you strike up conversation with Derpy.
"Oh hey, nice bow by the way. looks good on you."
>Derpy lights up. "Thank you! My little Dinky and I wore these together today!"
>Cute. You wish you could be a supermom like derpy is.
>She's always doing cute stuff like this. Like seriously.
>"Any luck, Lyra?"
"Huh? Oh..." You shrug. "Not really. See, I'm looking for good iinfo on Coltic music..."
>You straighten up a bit in your seat as an idea hits you.
"Hey, you see a lot of ponies every day... do you know any Coltic ponies in town?"
>"Coltic ponies?"
"Yeah man. Coltic ponies. Know any?"

>"Well..." Derpy scratches her chin. "Maybe? There's a few ponies that look coltic, I suppose. I-i don't wish to stereotype though! But since you asked..."
"Well, where are they?"
>"I can't tell you where they live, Lyra. That's unprofessional of me."
"Buggers..."
>Darn professionalism.
>"But I can tell you where to find them..."
>So apparently there's a stallion who works in the west part of town as a gardener who talks in brogue. There's also a mare near the hospital who might be coltic, and lastly, another stallion who runs a shop near the park.
>"Is that any help to you?"

Last for the night. I won't be able to run normally tomorrow evening, but I can get at least one update in I think. Just a heads up.
Anyway, till then!
>>
>>27669137
"Ditzy, your awesome." Hug that mare and let's go find those ponies. The shopkeeper near the park sounds like the closest one.
>>
this information is useful.
>>
useful information bump
>>
>>27669137
Your writing is really fun, I can tell you're having as good of a time as I am reading it.
>>
>>27670462
>>
>>27627145
>>
love this mintster
>>
looks like we need to get bumped.
>>
Who wants to eat an orange?
>>
File: Csk.png (27 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Csk.png
27 KB, 1050x1050
>>27669242
>>27669773

"Ditzy, your awesome."
>You hug that mare and leave to go find those ponies.
>"You're welcome, Lyra! Good luck!" Derpy calls as you leave.
>...
>The shopkeeper near the park sounds like the closest one, so you start there.
>You walk up to a quaint shop near... Hey, this is right next to that sof and quill place.
>The sign on this shop says "Paddy May's tiles and clay"
>Catchy.
>Entering in, you look for the mostest coltic pony there.
>You find your stallion manning the counter, looking impassively at something to the side.
>He's... kinda cute.
"Hey," you say, smiling as you approach the counter.
>"Welcome." The stallion stands to attention, pulling out a pen.
>A quill no less. Wonder where he bought THAT from.
>Anyway, listening time, Lyra.
>"Welcome ta Paddy May's Tiles an' Clay. Name's Gable. Can Ah help ye?"
>This place seems to be a roofing construction supply company.
>Smart, seeing as this stupid town gets destroyed every other weekend.
>Anyway, what do you do?

Glad you guys are liking this quest so far. Anyway, this'll probably be the only one for the evening. Till then!
>>
>>27674814
Hey dude, I'm sorry if this is gonna be really weird, but I was wondering if you might sing me a Coltic song or two.
I was thinking of composing some coltic music for a band I might be making, but I don't know much about the chord structures.
>>
>>27675584
Confirm ethnicity before making requests. It'd be extremely rude if we got it wrong. Hell, it's extremely rude even if we got it right. Not everybody likes the same music after all.
>>
>>27674814
know any good songs?
>>
we should get a pizza.
>>
going up the board now.
>>
>>27674814

Why does he look like he was just in a scuffle? I know all Coltic ponies do is drink and fight but damn dude, during work?
>>
Ayyy laddie
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27678912
>>
>>27627145
>>
>>27678912
Have a good afternoon bump
>>
>>27676699
we should always get a pizza
>>
Mint
>>
we must learn to dance seductively.
>>
>>27683458
We're Lyra, everything we do is seductive.
>>
File: gablesing.png (24 KB, 814x865) Image search: [Google]
gablesing.png
24 KB, 814x865
>>27675584
>>27675710
>>27675948
>>27677389

>You scope him out.
>A little too conspicuously, as Gable gives you an odd look.
>He looks like he was just in a fight! Sexy. ...Or retarded, dependi-
>Oh wait, his scuff marks look kinda like soot stains.
>"Can Ah help ye ma'rm? Why're you looking at me that'away?"
>You double back, grinning awkwardly.
"Well... how do I put this un-weirdly... um... see I'm looking for someone who knows Coltic songs. I was told you know a few?"
>More grinning. Hopefully he's not weirded out by you!
>"Um... yeah, Ah guess Ah do. Who told ye Ah knew coltic songs?"
"Um... Derpy Hooves..."
>"Tha mailmare? Figured as much."
>Gable chuckles, but he seems only half amused. "Well Ah suppose Ah do. Know some fun ones."
"Um... could I get you to sing one?"
>You're quick to toss in an explanation.
"...I need info for a band I'm starting!"
>"Ah suppose. Here's one about the last drink..."
>Gable shrugs and clears his throat, singing the acapella intro to a song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK1lXSxZbHw
>"And give me one last drink -When the sun comes up, I will leave without a fight. The world is mine tonight~"
>He's not bad!
>"It's better with a bass voice. Ah'm cursed with a high voice, if ye can't tell, so Ah get the high parts."
Gonna have slow updates tonight. Moving junk and stuff
>>
>>27684635
some would say that "curse" is a blessing, just need to sing the right song.
>>
>>27684635
Nice! Clop those hooves together and thank him.
>>
Ask him if he's ever thought about joining a band, we're trying to put a little something together. Nothing too serious, he'd still have time for his shop.

If not maybe he knows someone who's interested.
>>
File: Opportunity.png (26 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Opportunity.png
26 KB, 1050x1050
>>27684721
>>27684722
>>27684792

"Nice!" You clip-clop your hoovsies together to show support.
"But you know, some would say that "curse" is a blessing, dude."
>It's true - he has a pretty good alto.
"...You just need to sing the right song is all."
>"Yeah Ah guess." Gable shrugs the matter off.
"Speaking of which! Have you ever thought about joining a band? Like I said, I'm trying to put a little something together. Nothing too serious,so you'd still have time for your shop."
>"Ye want me te join yer band?"
"Mhm!"
>"...For real?"
"Yeppers! I could use a good vocalist, man. You'd fit the ticket!"
>Gable smiles a tiny little smile, shifting to one side as he thinks.
>"Well... Ah've not been in a band afore. Can't say Ah'd turn tha offer down! Hard te argue against a courtly lass askin' ye te join in a band. How many are playin?"
"Uuh... four maybe?"
>"Seems a good start. Ah'd be up for that."
>Fist punp! Or hoof pump. Whatever.
>You do one of those, 'Aw yeah'-ing to yourself. Vocalist acquired!
>"Ah'd still have te be here every other day. Can't abandon tha store."
"Totally~"
>So, you've got a new band member! Anything else you want to talk to Gable about?
>You still have two possible other contacts from what Derpy said.
>You also wonder if Flitter was supposed to have you do more stuff for her today. You can't quite remember...

Ugh... I really hate to do this to you guys, but I don't think that I can do you justice tonight. Gonna have to call it. I can do one or two more updates tomorrow afternoon, but I won't be able to run in the evening then.
Once again, I apologize dudes. Till then.
>>
>>27685214
We should check if Flitter needs anything done like the responsible mare we are.

It's okay, I forgive you. As long as you post more cute horse.
>>
>>27685214
Cool, we scored a little Celtic dude. Let's thank him again and scoot over to Flitter's. Tell him we'll get back to him after we assemble the rest of the band.

>>27685367
posting cute horse absolves all sin
>>
only an hour passed and we're on nine? yikes.
>>
have a good night bunp
>>
>>27686711
Have an insomnia bump
>>
we're so totally rad
>>
File: best_pony_by_sslug-d912g5c.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1255) Image search: [Google]
best_pony_by_sslug-d912g5c.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1255
Minty Horse bump
>>
>>27685214
You haven't properly introduced yourself yet! Before going tell him your name and then shake ha- I mean hooves with him.
>>
File: playtimeartmaybe.png (63 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
playtimeartmaybe.png
63 KB, 1050x1050
>>27685367
>>27685567

"Well, hate to rush, but I just remembered I gotta go help a foalsitter. Later!"
>"But you didn't b-"
>Gable trails off as you wink, turn around and skip out of the store.
"Thanks again for joining, maan! I'll get back to you when I assemble the troops!"

>That was a success. Now off to Flitters!
>What was it you were supposed to help out with?
>"Ohmygosh, I'm glad you're here Lyra."
>You hear Flitter's voice as you round the corner to Rumble's house.
>It came from around back it seems.
>Flitter soon flaps over to you, guiding you to the backyard, where a variety of toys and half-completed crafts litter the yard.
>That's right, you were doing some art stuff with the little squirt.
>"HI LYRA!" Rumble shouts from a table, where it looks like he's busy painting, or getting ready to anyway.
>You wave back and can't help but grin at the cute little devil.
>"Anyway, once again, thanks for the short notice." Flitter catches your attention again. "I know I'm supposed to be here with him too, but you know, with the Cakes and everything... uuhgh, it's a great relief to know I have you to help."
>Flitter beams, though she looks a tad stressed.
>"Anyway, you good with taking care of him for a few? I shouldn't be gone too awful long."

Only one for the day, lads. I should be good for normal time tomorrow though. Till then!
>>
>>27689769
Yeah, I can totally handle that
>>
>>27689712

Crap, didn't see that before I posted.

>You shake Gable's hoof vigorously, which he returns after some confusion.
"I'm Lyra! Like I can't believe I didn't even introduce myself yet! Wow, sorry about that man! Anyway thank you sooooo much. It'll be great!"
>Gable seems frazzled by your chatter. He smiles awkwardly. "U-umm... no problem, ma'rm..."
>You keep shaking his hoof! You're excited!
>That and his hoof feels rough, like it's worked a lot. It has an interesting texture to it.
>You set it down when you realize something.
>Crap, weren't you supposed to be doing something with Flitter?

Assume this happens right before she leaves. Anyway, later!
>>
>>27689769

Anything for you Flits she's cute
>>
>>27689926
Lyra thinks everyone's cute, she's got a big heart.
>>
>>27689769
Sure thing Flitters! Before you forget, show Rumble that extra Spike. Would he be interested in a trade?
>>
>>27627145
>>
>>27689949
It's true
>>
>>27691663
Cute horses bump
>>
i'm bored and want lyra to draw kitty whiskers on her face, i'm sure this opinion will change in a day but right now it's what I want.
>>
>>27692730
I'm completely on board with this.
>>
are you calling me a lyre?
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27627145
>>
bump in the morning
>>
cow
>>
bumping from 10
>>
Saving it from page 9!
>>
>>27699168
Me too
>>
Guys, I'm so terribly sorry for not getting back with you today!
I've been out of town getting stuff set up for my new place - I'm moving soon btw - and stuff got delayed.
In the bustle of everything, I forgot to warn you all. My bad. I'm terribly sorry. Anyway, I'm still out of town and away from my tablet atm, but I think I should be good to pick up again in like 16 hours thereabouts. (my Tuesday evening)
Can't wait to start back up. Till then!
>>
>>27700984
Thanks for the update Mints.
>>
have a good night.
>>
getting a bump
>>
friendly hugs for everyone
>>
>>27702993
have more bumps
>>
>>27704795
More
>>
>>27705788
And more
>>
it's tough being such a cool pony.
>>
File: Rumblespikedoll.png (82 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Rumblespikedoll.png
82 KB, 1050x1050
You guys rock. Thanks for being patient.
>>27689782
>>27689926
>>27690044
>>27692730

"Yeah, I can handle that. Anything for you, Flits."
>You can't help but think to yourself that Flitter looks pretty darn cute, the way she's stressing out.
>You wish you were cute when you're stressed. You're just a spastic mess when you get legit stressed.
>Flitter flies over to you, catching you in a tight embrace.
>"Thank you SOOO MUCH! You're a lifesaver, Lyra~"
>Flitter flies off without ceremony, leaving you with the rapscallion Rumble.
>"Can I draw on your hoof? I drewd on mine."
"I don't see anything on your hooves," you say with a grin.
>"That's cuz it's on my baaack hooofs," Rumble whispers.
"Hehe, fine then you turd." You let him draw a boat on your leg while you watch.
>He's a turd, but at least he's a cute one.
>You get a funny idea. Taking the pen (after asking), you draw whiskers on your face.
>"You're a kitty!"
"Rawr!" You growl and paw the ground.
"Oh hey, almost forgot! Rumble, I got this Spike doll~ Wanna trade?"
>You procure the Spike, leaving Rumble almost drooling.
>"Wooow! i-i... uh... I can trade an Applejack! The one with the mask thing."
>Well, sounds interesting... maybe you could.
>Of course, you could always get him to show you the rest of his collection if you wanted.
>Rumble has a lot of dolls too.
>What do?
>>
>>27707903
Yeah, let's see his collection.
>>
>>27707903
ask if he can show you his other dolls.
>>
>>27707918
>>27707924

"Well... maaaybeee~"
>You sing-song tease Rumble, making him pout.
>"Oh come on! Yes, or is it no?"
"Y..n... maybe~ Can I see the rest of your collection?"
>Rumble thinks for a second, then huffs. "Fine."
>Rumble leads you inside to his room, waving towards his decently kept and... extensive collection.
>Spellcaster Twilight, leapkick Rarity...
>Oh cool! He has a Knight Spike too!
>You always thought Spike looked hot as a knight.
>Mistress Marevelous, changeling drone warrior...
>A few, it seems. There's a lot more in a bin on the ground near his dresser, but those seem to be the more common ones.
>A lot of Crowned Royal Twilight dolls, Party cannon Pinkies, a few Iron hoof Rainbows...
>Man, this kid's spoiled. You don't have nearly as many figures as he does.
>>
>>27708367
we could make a two for one trade of the common ones we don't have.
>>
>>27708367
Dang, you got quite the setup here, don't you?
>>
File: trade option 1.png (30 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
trade option 1.png
30 KB, 1050x1050
>>27708392
>>27708393

"Dang, you've got quite the setup here!"
>"My daddy made it for me! ...The shelfs. Mommy buys me the figures, and Flitter helps me with them!"
"I see. Well, I could make a two for one trade of the common ones I don't have. That sound fair?"
>"Sure!"
>Rumble awkwardly flop upwards on his little wings, grabbing a changeling warrior and a Spilled Muffin doll.
>"This good?"
>Well, you don't have either, even though the Changeling Warrior doll is a bit a dozen.
>That's probs why Rumble has so many himself.
>Do you feel good about this trade?

Last one for the night, fellas. Till then!
>>
>>27708741
sleep tight sleepymint
>>
this is a good deal, kinda wanna barter more and ask for a third one and the promise we'll owe him an ice cream or a soda or something.
>>
>>27708741
Let's see if we could squeeze another one out of him.
If the changeling one is so common, wouldn't we have it already?
>>
>>27627145
>>
it's a good thing to have a lot of changelings because you can imagine some pretty good fighting scenarios against or with them.
>>
>>27710276
Exactly!
>>
that bottom ponies face is funny.
>>
giving you a bump
>>
>>27711757
of course it is, she's has a pole jammed in her cooter
>>
many distractions ahead.
>>
Lyra is a pretty cool chick bump
>>
File: trade option 2.png (60 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
trade option 2.png
60 KB, 1050x1050
>>27708824
>>27709227
>>27711757

>It's a good trade, but... let's see if you could squeeze another one out of him.
>Not that you'd rob him though! You'd kinda wanna barter more and ask for a third one, over the promise of owing him an ice cream or a soda or something.
>You also wonder why you haven't added the Changeling to your collection yet. It's so common: why don't you have it already?
>If you remember, it's 'cuz there's noplace around you that sold them when you were looking... or had the bits on-hoof.
>Shame too, as it's a good thing to have a lot of changelings because you can imagine some pretty good fighting scenarios against or with them.
"It's good... but is it cool to add a third figure?"

>"A... a-a third!?" Rumble looks flabbergasted.
"Hey hey, I'm not robbing you blind or anything: I'll owe you an ice cream cone! Or a soda! Or something else like that. Your call kiddo."
>Rumble looks torn. Frowning in slight sorrow, he scoots off to grab a third toy.
>Oh hey, it's instructor Cheerilee!
>Cheerilee's a common toy, as every good hero has their mentor, right?
>You also bet Cheerilee has at least one of these. You know you would if they made a toy of you!
>"T-this okay?"
>>
>>27714710
Seems like a good trade to me.
>>
>>27714710
If there's a Cheerilee, does that mean there's a Lyra!? We do get around a lot.

Anyways yea, that's a fair deal, but just take the changeling and the Muffin, we should let the kid have the advantage. We're a good pony like that.
>>
File: dollget.png (51 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
dollget.png
51 KB, 1050x1050
>>27714727

>This seems like a good trade to you.
"Sure!"
>Scooping the toys up, you hoof over the Spike doll to Rumble.
"Take care of it, kiddo. I still owe you for a soda or something."
>Rumble nods and does a once-over of the Spike doll, trying all the moving parts and inspecting every angle.
>You know rumble likes Spike. Heck, he likes him almost as much as you do!
>You still haven't told anybody about that time when you had a huge crush on Spike. It was right after the toy line came out.
>You were friends with him back when, before Twilight ditched you for her idol/super senpai.
>You and Spike hung out a lot. Man, he liked nerd stuff too. It was awesome.
>Comic books, video games, tabletop... he played a lot with you and your buds back in Canterlot.
>It totally wasn't creepy to keep five toys of your crush in your room. Nope, not at all.
>Especially those times when you f-
>"...Sound like fun?"
"Huh?"
>Dang. You get lost in thought easily.
>"I said, wanna make a bet? Were you not listening? I said I bet you that you can't race me to the park and win! If I win you have to eat worms!"
"But the park's half a mile away."
>"So? You just know you'd haveto eat dirt worms! Haha!"
>>
>>27715104
Oh we're totally gonna lose and have to eat a worm.

We're no chump though.
>>
>>27715110
It's true, we are in fact, no chump.
>>
>>27715104
What if he loses?
>>
>>27715242
Then he's gotta eat the dirt worms.
>>
File: latest-11.png (243 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
latest-11.png
243 KB, 1280x720
>>27715257
He has to eat a baked bad.
>>
>>27715272
This
>>
File: Capture.png (377 KB, 598x328) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
377 KB, 598x328
>>27715272
Oh neat, we were one of the ponies who has the 'pleasure' of trying one of those.
>>
>>27715370
*had
>>
File: itsaBet.png (27 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
itsaBet.png
27 KB, 1050x1050
>>27715110
>>27715133
>>27715242
>>27715257
>>27715272
>>27715370

"F..." You let out a sigh. "Fine."
>You scream internally as Rumble does a little half-flip in celebration.
>You hate running. HATE it.
>Not to mention this turdnugget's got wings! Looks like you're going to be eating worms.
>Crap, this'll be just like that time you ate literal poison in muffin form. Except with hopefully less puking.
>On the other hand, you are a tad bigger than Rumble is... and smarter? Maybe?
>You'll think of something.
>"Cool, so you ready, slowhorn?"
"Oh nah you didn't call me that." You give him a sassy look, raising one eyebrow yet still cracking a grin.
>"Ya-huh! I'm goin to win!"
"Not so fast... what if I win?"
>"Um... then I..." Rumble slows down a bit.
"Uh-huh. How about this: say I win. In that case, I say you... have to eat... a BAKED BAD."
>Rumble gulps. "I don't know what that is... it sounds bad."
"Yup, worst thing I've ever had in my life."
>"Um... b-but I'll still win! yeah... You're gonna eat worms!"
>Rumble winds up to bolt. The park is roughly a half-mile, with a slight hill near the park entrance.
>From here, you'll have to go to the west of town hall, around the markets and over the hill to Maple park.
>Good luck, girl.
>"Three... two... one... later!!"
>And you're off! Rumble soon books ahead.
>He's no Rainbow, but he's sure faster than you right now. Looks like you're already playing catch-up.
>>
>>27715514
Any shortcuts we could take? Cause we're pretty much screwed otherwise.
>>
>>27715514
He's using his natural talents, so I guess there are no rules against a little bit of magic. As long as he doesn't notice.
>>
>>27715563
It's only fair.
>>
File: catchup mayobe relishing.png (110 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
catchup mayobe relishing.png
110 KB, 1050x1050
>>27715534
>>27715563
>>27715619

>Man, the twerp's fast!
>You puff and pant along behind, earning chuckles from a few ponies who know you.
>Screw those guys. Just because you don't normally work out...
>You suppose you do look a little funny trailing behind a colt the way you are. You feel like a mom after their runaway kid.
>If only you had your mom hat again...
>And a shortcut! Rumble's using his natural talents of flying and being young! You're too thick to keep up this way.
>Hey, gotta stay at a nice chubby, right? Can't have yourself going and being a stick or anything.
>Your friend Vinyl's like that.
>Anyway! You're good at streets since you've lived here like longer than Rumble's been alive.
>It seems he's heading the most common route. However...
>There's a side road you could take. It would lead you to a wall, so you'd have to do some magicking, but you could totally shortcut your way there if you do this right.
>thing is... you'd lose sight of him. You ARE foalsitting him after all. Rumble could very well get lost on your watch if you do this.
>But... worms! You've already been down that road, too...
>Ugh... moral quandaries. You stay, you're probably gonna lose. You take the cut and win, Rumble might get lost or hurt on your watch.
>It's almost like fate or something is trying to make you make tough choices. What a jerk.

Last for the night. Till then!
>>
>>27715979
It is the fate of good mares to take the fall.

And therefore, we shall take our loss with honor.
>>
>>27715979
Damn it, I hate being an adult. Guess we're eating worms. How's that song go..
No body likes me
Everybody hates me
Guess I'll go eat some worms
Fat ones
Skinny ones
.... I forget the rest.
>>
i would take that shortcut because if he's taking a common route then he knows where he's going and you'll meet up with him at the end.
>>
>>27715979
Aww man, we can't make him eat a baked bad either. Ponies got super sick after eating those, and we might get in trouble for making Rumble sick.

Being responsible sucks.
>>
>>27715979
I think we should fake eating the worms, that's what I think.
>>
we're an adult, we could just say "lol i ain't eatin no damn worms"
>>
>>27716913
Good point
>>
>>27715979
Take the loss and then before your benevolent overlord for mercy!
>>
>>27716913
But then we're a chump.
>>
>>27717882
*Beg

Fucking Christ I despise auto correct.
>>
this child runs far too fast. he could get hurt.
>>
hope we learned something valuable from this.
>>
board is pretty fast right now.
>>
>>27719616
Don't make bets that require physical exercise. We'll ruin our cute, pudgy figure!
>>
>>27720377
>>
>>27722269
>>
File: Badidea.png (77 KB, 1400x700) Image search: [Google]
Badidea.png
77 KB, 1400x700
>>27715994
>>27716070
>>27716712
>>27716913
>>27718335
>>27717882
>>27719616
>>27721325

>You want to take the shortcut.
>You really do.
>Like, you reaaaaaaally want to take the shortcut, hop the wall, and be all 'IN YOUR FACE!!'
>Buuuut, you just know, in the pit of your gut, that if you ditched him, Rumble would get seriously hurt.
>Bedsides, it's not like you could feed him a baked bad anyway. Flitter would KILL you.
>Well, she'd tie you up, force-feed you at least three baked bads, THEN kill you.
>Under other curcumstances that might actually sound kinda hot, but no thank you.
>Nope, you suppose it's the fate of good mares to take the fall. Therefore, you shall take your loss with honor.
>Guess you're eating worms. Dangit, you hate being an adult.
"Aww piss..." you mumble under your breath, passing by the only shortcut you'll get during the race.
>You normally don't cuss, but you really don't wanna eat worms.
>It's not even like you could fake it, or go 'nah, I'm an adult - I ain't eatin' no dang worms'
>That'd make you a chump. You're no chump.
>As predicted, Rumble zooms across the imaginary finish line with the biggest turd-eating grin plastered on his face.
>"AHA! I WIIIN! I WIIIN! YOU GOTTA EAT WOOOOOORMS!!~"
"I... huh... I know.... I knoww..."
>Panting, you plod up behind, catching your breath after finishing.
"Dear Celestia," you mumble, wobbling around on your hooves. "Today I learned you don't make bets that require physical exercise... You'll ruin... your cute, pudgy figure!"
>"You gotta eat worms now." Same grin.
"Yeah. I know."
>...
>Well, here goes. No backing out of this now.
>Three...
>Two...
>One...
>Oh gosh.
>OH GOSH IT'S SO BAAAAAD CELESTIA HELP!
>You almost immediately barf, the memories of the baked bad replaying over in your mouth and mind. Where did Rumble even get these!? The compost!?
>"Eeeewwwy..."
>"What's going on? Lyra, you okay??"
>You're not sure, but you think that sounds like Redheart.
>>
>>27723035
Focus on keeping the contents of your stomach inside the stomach.
>>
>>27723061
Get the bad stuff out.
>>
>>27723035

Don't worry about the worms, they're organic. Just like oats. We may as well be eating oats. Worms are practically plants anyway.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.