[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona: CYOA; Back from the Night Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Hi, I'm TVR, a newfag with absolutely no experience with CYOA's on 4chan. But apparently, you guys seem to like what I'm doing here so... yeah.

For those who don't like archives: http://pastebin.com/q4LUVXxC

Persona: CYOA is a story where you, an amnesiac unicorn named Star Platinum, are thrust into Equestria as the Everfree Forest is slowly becoming more and more dangerous. Luckily, there is one thing you brought with you from your old world that will prove to be Equestria's salvation.

Let's begin!
>>
You'll be leaving the hospital tonight...

The prospect is somewhat exciting to you. Had you not been cooped up in this singular room for about a week, slowly acclimating to this brand new dimension as opposed to facing culture shock after culture shock in public view, you would be much more apprehensive about moving in with somepony, joining a new school, and all the other fears that came with that.

But... you feel if you can face down a hydra and survive afterward, you can take a roommate. How hard could it be?

...you wish you hadn't tempted fate like that.

Also, breakfast is meh.
>>
>>27684211
forsooth! those w're one of the w'rst crapes i've ev'r hadst.
>>
We back?
We making that trench coat?
>>
(knock knock)

You're in the middle of a surprisingly delicious daisy sandwich when the door opens. It's Doctor Horse.

"Good afternoon, Miss Platinum! How are you feeling?"

>"Good."

He smiles, "Well, I'm glad for you, then. That means that your recovery is right on schedule. You should be out of here in a few hours, if everything goes right," a clipboard floats into view, covered in his magical aura. You're still a little not used to magic yet, but you expect the levitation he performs on the basic object, "As you already know, since no relatives of yours have come forward, and you have no capital or house of your own that we know of, the Princess has arranged living conditions for you for her school. You'll be staying in a house specially constructed for her students, meaning you will be sharing it with a fellow classmate. It'll just be the two of you, and the house should be big enough." he winks at you, "It's a unicorn, like you."

Hopefully she'll be easy to get along with (if it even is a she. The doc didn't specify).

You converse with the friendly doctor for a little while longer, before he leaves. Now all you have to do is wait for the inevitable release into freedom...
>>
>>27684480
Start singing.

Sora! Koboreochita futatsu no hoshi ga~
>>
>>27684480
freedom approaches star platinum, receiveth eft f'r t!
>>
File: ponyville_hospital.png (281 KB, 900x526) Image search: [Google]
ponyville_hospital.png
281 KB, 900x526
Nurse Soft Sew is helping you out the door. Your torso is heavily bandaged up in gauze, and the broken legs have little platforms to rest on, like little mini wheelchairs for your hooves.

It's extremely awkward moving around with what's essentially rollerskates on two of your legs. It was already difficult to walk when you had full control of all four healthy legs, so this only adds a new layer of bullshit. Luckily, Nurse Soft Sew has seemed to take a liking to you.

"S-so, are you excited? Nervous? N-nervoucited?" You look at her, "U-um, a friend of mine made up that word. It seemed appropriate..." You shrug, then stumble because shrugging is a terrible idea in your state.

"Um... Doctor Horse told me that the Early Extra Credit classes start tomorrow. O-oh, but he and Twilight agree to that you shouldn't go tomorrow. Too much stress, and stuff. You should at least wait until the day after if you're interested. Just not tomorrow, okay?"

You nod. You aren't up for anything for the next 24 hours, anyway.

She smiles at you, "Good. Now, where were the student houses, again?"

You tilt your head.

"Um, I'm off duty now, so I can take you to your house. I think it's on the way, anyhoo." she blushes, kicking a pebble with her hoof as you walk down the dirt path. "Er... I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, though. I didn't mean to impose like this, but..."

Your head shakes. You tell her you appreciate her help getting home.

Her face brightens considerably, her cheeks still flushed, "Um... th-thanks. You were just so nice to me earlier, talking with me and making me feel a little better about myself. Despite the fact that you don't say much. "She giggles cutely, "and I couldn't resist not helping a patient who clearly needed it. It's how I got my cutie mark, after all."

You swear a question mark dinged over your head.

"Hmm? Oh! Uh, you don't remember what cutie marks are either? Gosh, I didn't know you had it so bad. Um, how do I best describe it...?"
>>
>>27684655
oh, oh! i knoweth this one! a caitiff marketh is a marketh thee receiveth on thy buttocks in this w'rld. the marketh hast something to doth with one's talent. a caitiff marketh is usually hath taken at a young age, usually in the middle of childhood. most, if 't be true not all the ponies has't one, thee may encount'r one who is't doesn't has't one.
>>
>>27684697
You sure know your stuff.
>>
>3 posters
>thread started 1 hr 20 mins ago
>roleplaying

You've got guts kid
>>
>>27684726
>Implying
>>
>>27684710
i may knoweth m're about this w'rld than i alloweth on.
>implying
>>
File: Streets of Ponyville.png (538 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Streets of Ponyville.png
538 KB, 1280x720
She's staring up at the sky, gazing at the abstract cloud formations as she attempts to explain what a cutie mark is to you...

"A cutie mark... is a symbol that describes you. It can be an object, like Doctor Horse's stethoscope. You look at his cutie mark, and you think, 'Oh, he's a doctor.' Or it can be an established symbol, like mine." Her head turns to face her flank.

Your gaze follows it. On her butt, a red cross with cobalt blue accents around it is proudly displayed on her coat. "Or... it can be abstract, like yours, where it's meant to be interpreted by their owner what they are or what they stand for."

You turn your head to face your own ass. A four pointed star lays slightly askew on your flank, the color of platinum and with a stylistic "sheen", where it's drawn in a broad white line in the middle.

When you first saw that in the mirror when you went to the bathroom, you nearly stumbled headfirst into the toilet. The first few times you saw them on TV or the news or whatever, you just assumed it was a style trend or flashy coatcut or something. You had no idea this was natural.

At least now you know what the thing is.

It seems... fitting, considering your name.

"A pony earns their cutie mark when they discover who they really are. Usually, it's at a young age, about pre-adolescence. Then through the power of magic or something, POOF! It's there. The complexities have been stumping scientists and mages for years."

Soft Sew stares at a group of robins flitting about in a small pond, hovering just above the surface, "It's funny, when you're that young, getting your cutie mark is the only thing you worry about. But what about when you're an adult?" she stares distantly at her hooves, "When you're a foal, you don't care if your cutie mark will look like your neighbor's, or if everypony else has your mark. You just care about having it, the consequences and responsibilities be damned."

You stare at her. You don't know how to respond to that...
>>
File: Your New Home.png (120 KB, 324x310) Image search: [Google]
Your New Home.png
120 KB, 324x310
"Oh, we're here!" she exclaims. Your mind is taken off of what Sew just admitted when you see a tall, thin cottage with a yellow roof and a pink patio with hearts standing near the intersection. It's the first in a row of near identical-looking ones, and they're very close to the glittering, crystal tree castle towering over the road ahead. The cottages look pretty new.

"Doctor Horse said it was the closest house to the castle. I guess this one must be it." she gestures to the house in front of you.

A deep breath...

This will be your new home for who knows how long...

Soft Sew helps you up the front stairs to the door...
>>
The inside is pretty nice.

You hobble through a small entry hall before coming into the living room. The walls and carpet are a clean white,and a sectional couch sits in the middle of the room, facing a large flatscreen TV. You estimate it's gotta be about 70 inches. You can't help but whistle.

"Oh, this place is nice. It's better than my house, at least. And cleaner, heh."

She helps you over to the couch, where you plop your plot down on the soft cushions. Holy crap, they're softer than you thought...

A sigh of contentment escapes your lips. Soft Sew giggles at your bliss.

"You really like that couch, huh?" You don't answer, a goofy smile on your lips. She decides to sit down as well, curious to feel it herself, "O-oh, this is... nice.... wow."

First few minutes here and you're already loving this house. You think you could get used to this...

"WHO DARES BARGE INTO MY HOUSE?! COULDN'T YOU AT LEAST KNOCK?!"

The thundering shout makes the two of you jump, your eyes wide. You wonder what kind of terrifying beast could've made that sound as the thundering stomps are clearly heard from the upper floor, making their way downstairs.

Your heart is pounding...
>>
>>27685513
>"Your new roommate?"
>>
File: buddy is fucking pissed.png (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
buddy is fucking pissed.png
44 KB, 500x375
I would've kept the last thread alive and asserted myself as boss of this gym if I didn't buy a Vita.

Sorry.
>>
pg 10
>>
>>27685513
oh god! t's the spaniards, those gents've cometh f'r revenge!
>Shuts myself in a closet.
>>
The anons are panicking, a few of them running off, while one of them shouts something about Spaniards before locking himself in a closet.

One of the anons voices a terrifying prospect...

>"Are you my roommate?"

Soft Sew looks at incredulously, while the stomping stops just up the stairs. It was a legitimate question....

"Roommate? YOU'RE my roomie?" Down the stairs comes the mystery beast you'll be sharing this house with, much softer this time.

Well, she's no beast, that's for sure.

Stepping off of the staircase and rounding the banister, is a blue unicorn mare, about your height. Her mane is a silvery blue. On her flanks rest a magic wand over a crescent moon. Her purple eyes go wide, "Oh, I forgot I was getting a roommate. Everypony else had already moved in about last week."

You tilt your head at your leg, effectively explaining why you're so late.

"Ah. Well, uh, better late than never, I suppose." She holds out a hoof to bump. You oblige, "My name is Trixie Lulamoon."

>"Star Platinum. Pleasure to meet you."

She smirks, "The pleasure belongs to Trixie. The Great and Powerful Trixie, that is!"

Your head tilts again.

"Did you not know? The Great and Powerful Trrrixie is a traveling mage, a dazzler who awes her audiences everywhere! She regals her wondrous and spectacular adventures against her many powerful foes, then strikes her crowd with MAGIC when their guard is down! Perhaps you couldn't tell because my ensemble is at the dry cleaners, but surely, when you see her in her signature form, you will be amazed, astonished, and baffled that Trixie and TRRRRIXIE are one and the same!" She says this all in a strong stage voice with an undertone of mystery.

A traveling mage, huh? She's certainly an accomplished unicorn, you think. More accomplished than you, at least.

You struggle to find a suitable reply...
>>
>>27688937
Say something respectable like,It's a pleasure to live with you?

>>27688323
There are no Spanish people here.You can come out now.
>>
You choose not to reply.

Trixie smirks to herself, shaking her head, "How'd you like my stage persona? I've been working on it all my life." She looks away, briefly, "For a while, I grew so attached to that more confident act that I pretty much let it become me. You can probably tell how grating that became after a while," sheepishly, Lulamoon gazes into your eyes, "it got a little bad. But, thanks to Twilight and her friends, I got better. Oh, sorry, PRINCESS Twilight and her friends..." she shakes her head.

>Trixie appears to have some history with Twilight...

"Anyway, you don't have to worry about me being annoying... usually. I only act like that when I'm putting on a show for ponies," she playfully winks, "At home, I'm just Trixie Lulamoon."

Trixie turns to face Soft Sew, "By the way, who's your friend here?"

"O-oh, me? Um... I'm, uh, Soft Sew..."

You helpfully introduce her to Trixie.

Trixie grins at her generosity, "Well, aren't you kind? Some nurses wouldn't give their patients the time of day the second they clock out, and here you are helping one get home after your shift!"

Sew blushes heavily, "I-it was on the way anyways..."

"Even so, thank you for helping my roomie home. I don't even want to think about how Star would have gotten home at all without you."

She blushes harder, but you can see Sew smiling under it.

"Say, why don't you stay for dinner? It's the least I could do."

"Oh, well, I'd love to stay with you girls, b-but I have paperwork to do when I get home, and the rest of the week will be pretty busy for me..."

"Ah." Trixie seems a little disappointed, "Well, the offer is still on the table whenever's good for you."

"...Thank you." The earth pony glances at the clock, "Let me just run a few things by you really quick, they're about Star..."
>>
>>27689275
>Pokes head out of closet
oh, th're art nay spaniards. yond's valorous, i bethought t wast gonna beest the hurlyburly of trafalgar all ov'r again!
>>27689314
well enow, what art the doct'r's 'rd'rs?
>>
>>27689314
Listen to the doctor
>>
Soft Sew briefs Trixie on some medical things, procedures and all for you. She hoofs over some of your pills, then waves goodbye to the two of you as she trots out. You wave back.

Trixie turns to you when the door closes, "Well, I was planning on making grilled cheese for myself tonight. Does that sound good to you?" You nod, "Okay, great. I should probably go get started on that, then. Go ahead and make yourself at home, I'll be a little while."

You relax back on the couch while Trixie canters into the kitchen. You reach for the remote control.

You wonder what you should watch while you wait...
>>
>>27689655
what to gaze? i knoweth not. jojo voice doth thee has't any ideas on a showeth to gaze?
>>
>>27689655
Surf the news and cartoon channels as you ponder about the existence of televisions in a land of magic and shit.
>>
>>27689699
Lets watch Neighpone cartoons
>>
>>27689730
i shall admiteth i doth liketh a valorous anime from timeth to timeth, alloweth's seeth if 't be true those gents has't any valorous ones.
>>
You decide to watch some anime while you wait for dinner. In the back of your head, you think about how funny it is that a world with a magical and cartoonish feel can even have this stuff. Maybe it's just another thing you can chalk up to... MAGIC.

>"(snort snort)"

The anime on the TV is really campy, but it's fine. You can't be bothered to find something else anyways.
>>
>>27689841

Campy what an odd word huh learn something new...I also leaned how to cook up some good pork from some sandviches well ain't that great!
>>
>>27689878
Campy?
>>27689841
What anime is it?
>>
>>27689931
Fullmetal alchemist. i loveth yond anime
>>
>>27689951
mate watch Fist of the North Star
>>
A few minutes into the next show, Trixie calls you in for dinner. Then she remembers you're pretty much a cripple before coming out to help you to the table.

The grilled cheese and tomato soup is amazing. After several bland days of hospital grub, a genuine home-cooked meal is heaven on your tongue. You compliment Trixie's cooking skills, which she nonchalantly brushes off.

"Well, when you've been living out on the road, living out of a trailer for as long as I have, you tend to get good at making your own food."

You continue conversing lightly with your new roommate. You notice she's using her levitation magic as opposed to your mouth. You explain your situation to her when she notices too.

"Yeah... amnesia must really suck, huh? I couldn't even imagine what that's like..." silence blankets the table, before she helpfully chirps, "Well, you can always ask Princess Twilight for help with that. And I'm here to help, too. I mean, I've never taught anypony any magic before, but I think I can manage teaching levitation." she points with a hoof at a sandwich half on your plate, "We can start now even, with that sandwich. Okay, um, try and picture grabbing it with a claw... but the claw is invisible."

You give her a look.

"Just try it."

Shrugging, you oblige. After channeling your inner reserves of power you surely have, you focus your entire being on grabbing and lifting it.

The thing is glowing in a faint green aura.

"Yes, yes! You got it!"

Your concentration slips, and you crush the sandwich. The thing shoots up off the table and hits the ceiling with and audible SMACK.

"...um..."

You look up at the grilled cheese sandwich, only for it to fall back onto your face.

>"....oops."

Trixie is laughing her ass off. She nearly falls off the chair in her mirth.

Embarrassed, you cross your forelegs and puff your cheeks out in annoyance. Your expression only makes the unicorn laugh harder.

You decide to wait it out...
>>
>>27689974
alloweth the spaniard chuckle. t's at least bett'r than freezing the sandwich in solid ice!
>>
The rest of dinner passes by without incident. After dinner, Trixie apologizes to you, to which you easily forgive her.

You feel tired. With some help from Trixie, you get up the stairs and slide into the bathroom. Brush your teeth, wash your face, check your bandages...

When you enter your room, you find it cozy. It's not too big, with your queen size bed taking up half of it, but there's a mini fridge, a sparse bookshelf, a dresser and closet, a desk, and a 30 inch TV mounted on the wall opposite your bed.

Bypassing all of that, you carefully make your way into bed after taking off your wheel platform thingies, and slide under the covers. It's a little awkward for you at first, but you eventually find a comfortable position.

Sleep comes fairly easy to you...
>>
>>27690227
Remember one thing when you wake up....there will be island soda for you in the fridge...in the morning...
>>
>>27691760
>Pops out of fridge.
didst someone sayeth island soda?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.