[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Tracts of Lands (A CYOA) Thread #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: OP.png (945 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
945 KB, 1024x683
Destiny works in a strange way
Even if you’re still unaware of it, the great gears of the world are starting to close in around you
Soon, forces beyond your understanding will bring you into the highest spheres of this world, and all of your decisions will change the very face of the land, and then the world
Empires will rise, legends will be written, and millions might someday kneel in from of you
However, if you’re not cautious, the many struggles which WILL stand is your way might very well make short work of your being, sending you back into the limbos of history
This story will tell us, and continues right now, in the complicity of a filly and her father

First thread: https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27622340
>>
>You spend the best night you had in a while, dreaming of yourself exploring endless lands on the shoulders of a mighty giant
>The end of the night comes too soon, though, a little while before your usual waking hour
>You’re shaken awake as your father gently puts you down, several guards around him, as well as a few ponies in robe you believe are some scholars or advisors
>And just as Rooster Call told you, one of the advisor is scolding him like a really big colt who made a runaway, telling him how everyone was worried and how a king shouldn’t take such liberties
>Of course, the tone is polite and respectful, but only a foal wouldn’t understand what’s really going on here
>Still, king First Dawn remains calm and present his apologies with a goofy smile, and says that he won’t do it again in the future
>Even if a sly wink from him allows you to hope this is probably a lie
>Another only good side is that the guards don’t care much about you, and simply ask you to go back to your room without even a warning
>A few more good memories in store, you go on with your days, keeping this little moment with your father a secret from eve your siblings
>Days pass, then weeks, and even months
>You feel like you’re learning a lot, and you can feel it changes you and your siblings’ ways to behave, speak and think
>And in all honesty, it’s happening so fast is gives you the chills sometimes
>Unfortunately, you don’t manage to find another moment to bond with Rooster Call for a while
>The next time your everyday life is disturbed comes three months later
>One morning, Old Tome announces to the four of you that king First Dawn had personally demanded that you appear during the next diplomatic meeting with the griffin Duke Goemont, the next month
>They’re only going to discuss a trade agreement, and the talks will be held at the capital so it’s a good occasion to get you used to behaving in public since many griffin and pony nobles will be present
>>
>>27674001
>The old tutor is quick to reassure you and your siblings as he sees your worried faces, telling you you’ll have no duties besides introducing yourselves and just being polite
>But with the level of complexity the mores of nobles can be, that’ll still demand for a little training, he adds with a wink to your little group
>The next weeks are spent improving your manners, which is honestly a lot less interesting than the usual lessons
>Between learning the life cycle of the carrot or learning which fork has to be used to eat the vegetable, one lesson is clearly even less interesting than the other
>But still, when the time comes and that you stand in front of duke Goemont, you’re able to remain composed and to declaim the lines you’ve come to know by heart in an adequate manner
“Greetings, Duke Goemont” You bow “Allow me to welcome you in this castle, I am Inner Beauty, daughter of king First Dawn”
“I am honoured to meet you, and I hope your stay here will be satisfactory for both our nations”
>The first impression goes smoothly, and the visiting griffin nobles seem pleased by your display, praising your father for how well-behaved the four of you are
>In fact, some of them even decided to bless you with some gifts, and you receive a beautifully decorated dagger, a lovely music box and some cute little ladybug-shaped earrings
>You make sure to thank each them dearly for their attention, and you don’t have to force your smile as the presents are genuinely awesome to your eyes
>Resisting the huge to give them a hug is the only thing you have to force
>The meeting continues like a well-rounded theatre play, and the many guests all offer mundanities and vapid praises to each other, even after everyone has sat down for the meal
>You make sure to use the right silverware for the right dish, allowing you to think a little about something else than the facade you have to present to the guests
>>
>>27674009
>Luckily, none of them is interested in you at that time
>It’s only after the main course that children and lesser dignitaries are finally given some freedom
>People leave their table and start to talk together about lighter subjects, and the mood loosens up considerably
>Except for a small deal adults, which are now going to actually negotiate the actual content of the deal, including you father and the Duke
>Meanwhile, the others just enjoy themselves at the feast, idly talking together while a quiet ballad is played in the background by a little orchestra, and that the jester of the kings start his deft acrobatics on a small scene
>Without any specific role, you, Azure Dust and Light Measure could choose to enjoy it almost any way you want
>But for Cobblestone, he was taken hostage by an old griffon lady who took a liking in him, petting his head like a little cat while telling him about her favourite crochet techniques
>The poor colt is making his best to keep his smile up, but has visible trouble not to fall asleep
>With little hope of saving him for now, the rest of you wonder how you could spend the time
>”What should we do?” Your sister asks you and Light measure “Do you think we could go to the gardens to play a little?”
>”Eh… I’m not sure, Sis” He answers, awkwardly pulling on the collar of his emblazoned vest “We would probably end up ruining our clothes, and Perfect Pride would be really angry at us”
>You glance toward the haughty mare who currently overlooks the reception, making sure no guests is dissatisfied
>Perfect Pride substituted for Old Tome when it was time to teach you about the proper manners in front of the nobles, and the many names and titles of those you were going to meet today
>She also dressed all of you from head to hoof this morning, giving you a yellow dress with a ball gown and tiara to match your eyes
>>
>>27674018
>Azure Dust’s robe hugs her more tightly, and is of a pale green to go with her light blue coat and with more frills all over, reminding you of a doll’s dress
>Meanwhile, Light Measure has been encased is a beige doublet decorated with golden seams, which seem to itch him moderately
>”How about we go talk to someone instead?” Your brother continues “I see a lot of people I wanted to know more about”
>You get what he means, there’s here a number of ponies you’ve seen in the castle a couple of times but never got any chance to talk to
>And right now, you can see some of them alone among the other guests
>Like this strange dark grey mare, she always sported a cocky little half smile, and often showed up unkempt and dirty-looking at the castle
>However, today she’s just as well-clothed as the rest, and blends right in the noble bunch
>Aside from exchanging a few words with servants from time to time, she doesn’t interact with anyone at all
>In a corner, there’s also this other pegasus mare, with a fiery short mane and a sword at the flank
>You believe she’s an officer from the military, and even if you saw her a couple of times, you’ve never seen a smile on her face
>Today is no exception
>She down a glass of wine when you glance at her, and quickly demands another from a servant
>You believe she’s rather unhappy about the situation she’s in right now
>Golden Sceptre, and his brothers Red Sceptre and Green Sceptre are also discussing together, a little away from the rest
>You didn’t really have the chance to speak with any of them since that day you met the king
>The son of the griffin Duke is also on his own, you notice, and he was the only young griffin to have made the trip with the adults
>A few years younger than you, he doesn’t look really happy to be there, and has a deep frown on his face as he nervously scratches the ground with his talon
>>
>>27674023
>”If you ask me” Light measure cuts your thoughts “I’d really like to know who THAT is”
>He points to a very beautiful noble mare, a cascade of shining brown mane on her golden coat, and wearing a flattering purple long dress
>When she speaks, her high pitched voice clicks pleasantly to the ear like a bunch of cute little pearls bouncing down a flight of stairs
>She had already stricken you as really pretty the few times you saw her
>Right now, she just left the company of one of the guests, and is currently alone

>What do?
>>
Name the land Penis Land
>>
>>27674031
Either the odd grey mare or the young griffon.
>>
>>27674134
I say giffon. It would be a good idea to make a good impression.
>>
>>27674134
>>27674249
>That grey mare seem interesting, but earning a few points with the son of the Duke could really make a good impression
“Let’s go meet that griffin kid over there, he looks lonely” You offer
>”Hum… Yeah, why not but…” Light Measure can’t seem to take his eye off the beautiful mare “But this lady over there really catches some attention, it’s now or never if I… I mean, if we want to talk to her personally”
>You let out a sigh
“Alright, I guess we can split up… Are you coming with me Azure Dust?”
>”Ahem…” The blue pony scratches her head “I’d like to be a lone a little I think, let’s meet again later”
>You shrug, and decide to leave your two sibling to introduce yourself to that little cub
>A smile you wish to be genuine on your face, you walk toward Galius
>The griffin gives you a suspicious glare as you approach, and clearly he’s too grumpy to do any effort toward being nice
“Hello, Galius” You greet him a little familiarly, but since you’re both kids it should be alright “How’s it going? Is everything alright?”
>”Hugh” He groans in annoyance as rolls his eyes “Leave me alone please, this place is already boring enough like that”
>Your jaw twitch at the cold reception, but you make sure to keep your smile up
>After looking around, you confirm that no one else is paying attention at you yet

>What do?
>>
>>27674408
Boring? Let us amend that! We could take a walk through the gardens if you like. You can tell me all about your country, or yourself..
>>
“Boring?” You tilt your head to the side “That’s nonsense, let us amend that! We could take a walk through the gardens if you like” You offer “Here you can tell me all about your-”
>”What’s your problem?!” The young griffin cuts you, before meanly pushing you away
You stager, but you manage not to fall on your butt
>“Are you stupid?” He continues to bark at you “I said I wanted you to leave me alone!”
>This time, the fact that the little griffin raised his voice caught the attention of a few people, who start to quizzically watch what is happening between you two
>Your ears start to twitch nervously as you feel their gazes on your back

>What do?
>>
>>27674639
What the heck is YOUR problem!? We just asked if you wanted to do something!
>>
>>27674669
Let's not start an upset.

>>27674639
Apologize and go find grey mare instead.
>>
>>27674669
And, I finally realized what I said here. Forget I said this!
>>
>>27674669
>>27674721
>>27674736
>The heat of anger is quick to burn in your face
>You were trying to be nice to him, and yet that little…
>…
>No, you have to cool down… and be the bigger pony
“Well… Please accept my apologies then” You miraculously manage to articulate with a smile
“I’ll be leaving you all alone just as you desire” You turn tail and slowly walk away
>The young griffin huffs proudly, and puffs his chest out in victory as you leave him in his loneliness
>Luckily, the incident being over, the other dignitaries quickly get back to their former topic of conversation, and stop paying attention to you
>Well… that didn’t go very well…
>But still, that doesn’t deter you from trying one more time with someone else, like that grey mare from before
>She hasn’t moved from where she was, and as you spot her, you realise she’s been observing you probably for a while
>She calmly watches as you approach, and as you do, you realise there isn’t any griffin noble anywhere near her
>And before you can say a word, she immediately start speaking when you’re at hoof’s length
>”Woah!” She suddenly beams at you, before giving your mane a good ruffling “Nice job, little queen! I didn’t expect a kid your age to be this composed, and after only what, four months?”
>She lets out a giggle while you stare awkwardly, her attitude taking you a little aback
>”Let me tell you, if I were at your place” She continues “I would totally have given this little runt a good kick in the beak”
>She gives a buck in the air to illustrate her words, before indulging in another chuckle
>”Anyway, you looked like you wanted to talk about something, right Inner Beauty?”
>”I’m Backstreet Dust by the way, but the old farts call me Wild Dust in these pompous meetings”

>What do?
>>
>>27674977
I've seen you plenty around the palace. What do you do? What is your job?
>>
>>27675040
“Hum” You nod “Actually, I was just curious about you”
>”Can’t blame you, little queen” She winks “You wouldn’t believe how many people are curious about me”
>”Though they’re not as lovely as you are!” She gives your mane another ruffle, making you scrunch reflexively
“I've seen you plenty around the palace” You say while putting your tiara back in place “What do you do? What is your job?”
>“Ouch” She winces “Right to the touchy questions I see!”
>”Weeeeeell…” She ponders “I guess I can tell it to you. I’m you father’s private prankmaster”
>”When he wants to play a prank on someone” she explains with her usual cocky half smile “he calls me, and along with my faithful pranksters we makes sure he gets the last laugh”
>From the lessons of Old Tome, you have a good idea of what she could really mean by that
>”Right now, I’m just here to make so no one is planning the make a prank on us, especially on you or your siblings”
>She suddenly approach her head to mutter in your hear
>“But don’t tell anyone or else I won’t be able to play good pranks if people know I’m the one making them”
>”If you want” She continues to whisper “I think I could play a prank, a real, harmless one, on any person you’d like in exchange of your silence”

>What do?
>>
Thanks for playing, I'm pausing here for tonight
I should be able to start way earlier tomorrow
>>
>>27675213
That young griffin is bored out of his mind, maybe she can help with that.
>>
I'm guessing she's some sort of spy or assassin.
>>27675213
I don't think we really need a "prank" played on anyone. Our silence is free.
>>
>>27675338
>a real, harmless one
She'd have to be insane to think a filly would want that kind of prank.
>>
>>27675213
No thank you. Not right now anyways. I'll just keep it as a favor you owe me, that ok?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.