[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convention Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
What's been your most memorable moments at a horse con?

Any memorable panels or activities that you consider unique?

On the flipside. What's been your worst experience at a horse con?
>>
>>27672198
Pinkie pie cosplayers bouncing up and down the halls in BC'13. Also the floor wobbling up and down at BronyPalooza. Memorable activities was asking John DeLancie about quantum theory.
Worst experience: anyone else scared some fucks might try to cause "issues" at BronyCon16 considering the recent events in Orlando? I'm going this year, but frankly I'm a bit worried. Before anyone asks, no I have no reason to believe anything like that would happen (other than all the news that's already out there), and I sure as fuck hope nothing does. Everyone who's going, please stay alert, please stay safe.
>>
>>27672198
There has been a few here on /mlp/ that went to a con or two, but they either left or want to possibly never mentioned it again.

I never have since I'm a broke fuck.
>>
>tfw you and a bunch of irl friends talked of going to bronyvon one day
>tfw they all left the ride
>even if you wanted to go you have no money
>>
>>27672198
I once autistically got a free button from a horsefucker at bronycon. I'd seen his post here months before the convention saying which stall to go to.

Most memorably, I liked being able to get autographs from show staff and actors. There was this one weird Fluttershy cosplayer who had a yellow horse mask and walked like a creature from a zombie game.

Worst experience? The legitimate, actual autism that was everywhere. I've never seen so many people who have the condition before ranging from speech impediments to awkward ticks and junk. It really isn't a joke that this show attracts them and their parents have the money to send them to conventions.
>>
Memorable events.
>jumping over the fence at the bronycon rave
>/mlp/arty room
>watching the eqg movie with Lee tocar drunk
>drunk talking with Peter new
>drunk talking with mauds va
>playing beerpong on a pony beerpong table

I've had fun
>>
>>27672198
>>
>>27673413
Mudslimes aren't bronies, nobody's going to shoot up your con.
>>
>>27673413
>anyone else scared some fucks might try to cause "issues" at BronyCon16 considering the recent events in Orlando?

No, why should we be? There was a riot last year in Baltimore and it turned out fine, Orlando has nothing to do with that specific area.
>>
>>27672198
>What's been your most memorable moments at a horse con?

Listening to the Spaghetti-Tones sing, cosplaying, taking photos of cosplays (fursuiters, 80s Cheerilee, RD and Spitfire, FS, Anon and many more), seeing DustyKatt trudge off into to distance and watching people flail around during the daytime band performance.

>Any memorable panels or activities that you consider unique?

Didn't really sit though any. Though I have a few in mind if they're happening again this year/if they exist.

>On the flipside. What's been your worst experience at a horse con?

Nothing really asides from only staying for a few hours. Though I was one of "lucky" few who walked in on the Dazzlings Panel when the guy called Adagio a bitch. I'll admit though their costumes weren't bad, though not really sure where the idea of a panel came into play.
>>
File: received_1315172431829503.jpg (29 KB, 376x501) Image search: [Google]
received_1315172431829503.jpg
29 KB, 376x501
>>27673413
With all those airsoft tactical hooahs we are safe. Don't worry about a shooting. They have practically experienced combat
>>
>>27676241
>>
>>27676891
I will protect you, starlight glimmer... with my plastic bb's and my years of training, no one will touch you.
>>
File: 1463854050501.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463854050501.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27672198
Last year was more interesting than the year before. Got to hang out with a lot of fun people, only downside was one autist who stuck around with the group I was with. He was really awkward and kept trying to shift the topic to Fallout Equestria and at one point even started to go through my bag of stuff. But I am looking forward to hanging out with people this year.

Though I still can't drink, so I'm just a shit.
>>
>>27672198
Never forget Unicon.
>>
>>27677849
>and at one point even started to go through my bag of stuff
What lead him to do such an odd thing?

>>27677858
Pls explain.

The last thing I need for my cosplay has finally shipped. Though why do we still need to print out our badges? Can't they just scan the QR code off of your phone?
>>
>>27677849
>still can't drink
me neither, and so can't a bunch of other people.
let's all meet up and not drink together, anon.
>>
>tfw i could have gone to ROTL last year but i was broke and now i live in the middle of nowhere and still broke
>>
>>27678080
>Pls explain.

It was Las Pegasus Unicon, the biggest fuck-up of a con these people have ever created.
In the end, even /mlp/ helped with the cleanup when we tracked down the peeps responsible for it all who had fled the convention.
>>
File: PONE ME UP.png (107 KB, 637x683) Image search: [Google]
PONE ME UP.png
107 KB, 637x683
Fuck I hate living in Middle Earth, you horsefuckers have fun getting drunk.

All I want is my legacy to have been thrown out of a con drunk cosplaying as >rape and kicking everything that looks like Fluffe Puff to get cheeky 90+'ers
>>
File: z7cc-1431829908-138765-256.jpg (54 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
z7cc-1431829908-138765-256.jpg
54 KB, 256x256
>tfw never will go to a con because no money or transportation or local pony friends

This will be my greatest regret...and how sad is that
>>
>>27678080
>What lead him to do such an odd thing?
I put down my bag, (it was one of the big shopping ones some booths give out) and hevwas sitting next to me, he saw I got that Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipping Folder game as it was on top, and took it out, and started poking through my bag, so I moved it. Still, don't know what lead him to think to do such a thing.
>>
>>27679082
You have to find a way, to make it there, ok. I can't believe you would let, some thing like money make you fret. Ohh whyyyyy. Oh whyyyy.
>>
>>27672198
>>
>>27672198
>>
>>27672198
>>
File: 1385236346589.png (284 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1385236346589.png
284 KB, 480x480
>>27672198
>tfw this will never happen again
https://youtu.be/adS-nvDQ4o4
>>
I've never been to a pony convention, but I had a pony experience at an anime convention once.
I had bought a bunch of buttons at a doujin market and I was sitting on the floor with my friends unpackaging them.
I was wearing a pony tshirt, and apparently some guy walked up to me and started talking about his favourite pony and stuff.
But I was too engrossed in the buttons to notice, and it was loud so I couldn't hear him.
Apparently he stood there awkwardly for like 30 seconds looking at me then walked away, at which point my friends got my attention.
But he was already gone.
He probably thought I was ignoring him, but I just honestly didn't hear.
Poor guy.
>>
>>27683077
How do your ears turn off opening buttons
>>
>>27679500
I had a similar experience a few years ago at a pony meetup. It was around the time that the mlp trading cards had just come out, so this group and I met up at this guy's house and we were watching episodes and trading cards. And there was this one really autistic guy who kept insisting on thumbing through everyone's cards and binders. We didn't want to be rude so we let him but the host had some cards that the guy wanted so he kept touching them and taking them out of their sleeves. The host kept taking the binder away but the guy kept taking it back, and finally the host just told him to fuck off. Kind of put a damper on the night, but was sort of amusing to watch.
>>
>>27683098
It was in a convention hall so it was pretty loud, lots of people walking around and talking
>>
The strangest was at Ponyville Ciderfest this last year. During some down time I checked the thread here and some anon said "First person to come to Room XXX gets a free beer!" It was on my floor and I though "Hey, I'll hang out with some other horse fuckers for a bit". So I head over there and knock, super skinny nerdy guy greets me. It's only him and a sleeping girl, he hands me a hard cider, laughs, then tells me to get the fuck out.

Not sure why you'd be so anti-social at a convention.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.