[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big Mares CYOA - Thread 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Thread 5.png (25 KB, 760x710) Image search: [Google]
Thread 5.png
25 KB, 760x710
We are the big mare edition

Pastebin (Inventory): http://pastebin.com/NxitnxXc

Pastebin (Cookbook): http://pastebin.com/77hMA9eY

Last Thread: http://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27561366

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/big/

Starting Prompt:
> You are a colt, moving to a new country outside of Equestria.
> It is mostly populated by mares, due to fail safes in their people's evolution.
> The country has existed for as long as Equestria, if not possibly longer.
> Now, another thing you should be aware of about these mares' evolution.
> They tend to be much bigger than the average Equestrian mare, and they grow bigger depending on how much love they feel towards ponies.
> This happens because their home is much more dangerous than Equestria, being under almost constant attack by wildlife.
> They need to be bigger in order to protect their families and loved ones.
> Some are also just naturally larger.
> Unfortunately, this doesn't fair well for you, as they can also be a danger.
> You have to be careful no to be stepped or sat on by the larger ones, while being cautious of the wildlife.
>>
File: 89.png (415 KB, 1388x1456) Image search: [Google]
89.png
415 KB, 1388x1456
>>27667401
>>27660058
>>27660089
>Shoot, you almost forgot to preen before work again.
>You, of all pegasi, are cursed with a case of having bedfeathers EVERY MORNING.
>How other ponies can keep from having their feathers all disheveled in the morning is beyond you.
>After straightening out your feathers, you make your way over to the barracks.
>You grab your armor and your weapon, the former of which seems to have been getting smaller on you, for reasons that are no mystery.
>Gotta say, it feels nice to be one of the lucky few to get affect from a stallion. Not many ponies your size even see them, much less get a date with them.
>Then again, that might also be because dates aren't really as much of a thing here as Equestria.
>Anyways, that's besides the point. Right now you have a job to do.
>Now aptly equipped, (even though you aren't likely to need your equipment), you begin trotting over to the gate.
>Is there anything you want to do before you leave?
>>
>>27667453
Nope. Let's get moving!
>>
File: 90.png (2 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
90.png
2 MB, 1600x1600
>>27667401
>>27667453
>>27667736
>You begin your trot out through the gate on your patrol.
>You pass through the Gravvine Forest, like you did yesterday with Panini, without any trouble.
>Where you normally would've turned left to go to the Clearing, you instead turn right.
>A few more minutes of trotting, and you have entered the Crystal Forest, a small ecosystem that looks almost right outside of a fairy tale.
>The temperature has also been increasing a few degrees, and the sky grows dimmer as you approach your destination.
>It gets to the point where you decide to take off your armor for a bit and carry it on your back, due to the sweat it was causing.
>Normally the heat isn't a problem, but on a hot summer's day, while going towards a massive tower of heat, it can get a bit annoying.
>As you pass the crest of a hill, you reach the your destination: The overlook to the Fire.
>You sigh.
>This view never gets old, no matter how many times you go here.
>Something about the fire is almost mesmerizing.
>The name isn't very creative, but it's at least pretty self-explanatory.
>It's a huge fire. There isn't really much more to say on the matter.
>Except for the fact that there is.
>The Fire was one of many long-lasting infernos caused by "some" trouble Commodium had with dragons in the past.
>See, Commodium is very rich in oil, and while they don't use much oil, other countries do, namely the Griffons in what was the beginnings of their Industrial Revolution, which continues to this day.
>But whenever Commodians do something, they do it BIG.
>There were oil pumps set up to output mass quantities of oil, which was then traded to Griffonia.
>Though, during the Dragon War, many of them were destroyed and set alight.
>Most of them were put out, but the ones attacked by the more powerful dragons were lit with a magic flame that could not be extinguished safely.
[1/2]
>>
>>27668446
[2/2]
>So far, only two of the five magic fires have been put out, with the one near Marenshire being the smallest, and therefore, lowest priority.
>It was a huge problem right after the war, but after the land evolved around it, it became less of a problem.
>The trees began to become more crystal-like to support the fire and heat, and eventually they began to grow not off of sunlight, but heat energy, which explains the large gathering of crystals around the Fire.
>This in turn began to contain the fire, safely keeping it from spreading.
>Though, there have been known issues in the past with embers starting small fires nearby, so it warrants a location for patrols, but it isn't too much of a threat.
[/lore]
>>
I'll be back tomorrow at 1pm PST or earlier with Rose heading back to finish up her patrol, unless there is anything you all are wondering about or want to do here.

First time really doing lore at all, how was it? What should I do better?
>>
>>27668453
Scan the surroundings for monsters.
>>
bed bump
>>
>>27668534
Lore for the purpose of lore is a meme

First
Lore is good when it puts some light on something which was seen, but not explained
Or, here, correct me if I'm wrong, but we litteraly just had
>You wake you
>You go to work
>Suddenly, lore
That feels a little forced, especially since no player command was involved
Instead you could have had Panini see that some time and marvel in front of it, and it would have made sense there would be an explaination

The only exception is if it's forshadowing, and if all these country and people we currently don't give two fucks about, are going to matter to us somehow some day

Secondly
>The name isn't very creative, but it's at least pretty self-explanatory.
>It's a huge fire. There isn't really much more to say on the matter.

If you don't even believe that thing is cool yourself, how do you expect me to?
Don't be affraid to be a little lyrical here, and make me dream with "flammes which come from inferno itself, their roar still making your heart a little uneasy even after whitnessing it a hundreed times"

You've got to make me see that the character thinks something about it, because as it is, the only thing we got is
>You sigh.
>This view never gets old, no matter how many times you go here.
That's not enough, I can't picture myself or the character being enthusiastic enough to suddently trace back the whole history of that thing on a random morning
>>
>>27668534
You have sinned. You got me interested in a part of the world we probably won't be exploring.
>>
>>27669702
Thanks anon. I'll try and do better about it in the future. My thought process when writing the previous update was that I didn't want the players to be confused about what they saw, so I explained it. Guess that was moving a little too fast.

>>27670408
Well, who's to say that we won't? It's up to you.
>>
>>27668446
Get a crystal for Panini
>>
>>27671635
Oho
>>
File: 91.png (386 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
91.png
386 KB, 1600x1600
>>27668446
>>27668534
>>27669702
>>27668453
>>27668541
>>27671741

>You snap out of your relaxed rambling and get back to the job at hoof.
>Turning your back to the tower of heat, you check the nearby area for hostile creatures.
>As per usual, you see none.
>You really wish you could work in some of the bigger cities, where working for the guard actually meant protecting ponies, instead of walking around doing nothing but stop the occasional rodent infestation from coming to be.
>But alas, this is where you are now, and there isn't much you can do about it.
>Though, it might not stay this way for long, depending on how things go with Panini.
>As you think about Panini, you have an idea.
>Panini seems interested in the local wildlife, what if you gave him a souvenir?
>You break of a small crystal from one of the evolved crystal-trees nearby and stow it in a small carrying pouch on your armor.
>Nothing left to do here, you put your armor back on and begin the trot to finish the circular patrol.

>After another long while of walking and boredom, you arrive back at Marenshire Keep.
>Stopping at the barracks to put away your stuff, you remove the carrying pouch from the armor and put it on, so you can give the crystal to Panini later.
>It's getting to be almost noon, what do you want to do?
>>
>>27673239
Did we even eat? Go to the Little Mare's tavern

Also what ever happened to Flowerlily?
>>
>>27674492
>>
>>27675754
>>
take a bump at 10
>>
I'm gonna be gone for the weekend, so feel free to let the thread die if you want. I'll make a new one Monday.
>>
>>27676605
>>
>>27678213
Never, bump squad lets go

Bump wall
>>
>>27667401
>>
>>27680595
>>
>>27681256
>>
>>27682902
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.