[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best MLP comic issues to read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 391861752.jpg (378 KB, 1054x1600) Image search: [Google]
391861752.jpg
378 KB, 1054x1600
What are the best MLP comic issues to read?
>>
>>27646681
In the main comics it's give or take depending on the person. Nightmare Rarity arc (#5-#8) was really well received. The Pets comic (#23) gets a mention for having a great start only to be ruined when the ponies started talking, but I'd give it a read till that point just cause the pets are fantastic in it. Pinkie's comic (#42) was really nice and had a cute ending.

Micro series I'd say the Rarity, Pinkie, CMC, Celestia, and Luna issues (#3, #5, #7, #8, & #10) were great. Friends Forever series is a mixed bag. Spike and Celestia, Pinkie Pie and Luna, Babs Seed and Rarity, Twilight and Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Mayor Mare, Discord and Luna, Shining and Blueblood, and Maud and Rarity issues (#3, #7, #12, #13, #15, #20, #26 and #29) were the ones that stood out to me. You can pick from those based on your interest in the pairs. In the Fiendship is Magic series it seemed like the Sombra and maybe Tirek ones were good (#1 & #2).

I think the Power Ponies annual was decent, but the others aren't really. The Sunset Shimmer back story comic should be floating around somewhere. I thought that one was pretty neat and worth it if you care at all about her. There was also a pony pony holiday special with art from all the comic artists that was comfy.

This is all just my opinion, but hopefully it helps you pick.
>>
>>27646681
Also that comic arc you had up there should have it's first issue out on iTunes today around 11:00PM EST if you wanted to take a look at one of those storytimes live.
>>
>>27646681
Reflections. Really underrated imo.
>>
>>27646681
Read them and decide for yourself.
>>
>>27646755
I still won't get why Nighmarity was well received, it was hot garbage. One of those things where great concept was ruined by execution.
>>
>>27646681
The first arc
>>
File: tip.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tip.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>27647006
>>
I liked the one where Luna took the day shift.
>>
>>27647006
What exactly about the execution irked you?
>>
May’s comic sales numbers are out:

#42 (Pinkie and Rarity making a picture book, aka Cook’s final story) sold 15,375 copies, which makes 781 more copies sold than last month.

Friends Forever #28 (Luna, the CMC and the skeleton filly) sold 12,079 copies, which makes 4 more copies sold than last month.
>>
>27647127
>roleplaying
enjoy your ban
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 746x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 746x740
>>27647720
>not knowing how to reply
>>
>>27647127
The moon creatures were pretty stupid, the reasoning for Rarity turning was bad, the Gravity Falls thing made it worse, abd it was like it didn't know whether or not to focus on Luna, the Mane 6, or Spike. The resolution felt incredibly rushed. That's off the top of my head.

Honestly I felt the only people who really liked it were the Sparityfags.
>>
>>27647429
>781 more copies sold than last month
IDW GOING DOWN IN FLAMES AGAIN
>>
>>27650094
To be fair, that was actually a decent issue, even though it obviously had problems.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.