[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 17)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: 17.png (148 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
17.png
148 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Sharp had some fun out partying, led her drunk roomie home and met her idol (on a job)!

Last Thread: >>27363917

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/
>>
>>27450211
>>27451445
"I know that exact feeling..."
>You sympathize
"Not about politics, I'm just kind of a lost cause socially. Always slipping up and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time..."
>You chuckle, then give her an expression of disbelief,
"But I can't imagine how it is for you, princessly duties involve meeting a lot of important ponies I assume."
>Twilight lets out a heavy breath and sighs,
>"Oh, you don't know the half of it... But to let you in on a little secret, I thought I was a lost cause with social stuff too. I-I mean, everypony already knows I'm more of the bookish type, but before my time in Ponyville I was about the biggest party pooper Equestria's ever seen! Since then I've gotten better, learned to keep stuff in moderation. And talk to ponies, but you seem to have that down at least."
>She ends with a chuckle,
>"Between you and me, whenever Celestia calls me up on important business there's always a little temptation to blow it off to do some more reading. But it always passes, I have responsibilities, and must keep to them, even if they require stepping pretty far out of my comfort zone."
>You shake your head and sigh,
"I guess if even you can keep up at a princess level, I should be able to manage my own responsibilities too."
>And Twilight gives you a happy smile,
>"Oh, I know it's hard. Especially in such a position as yours, it's hard to avoid conversation as a waitress… But I suppose it’s practice, that’s a good way to look at it."
>She muses apologetically, taking another sip of her glass.
>”Is there anything you have trouble with in particular?"

>input action
>>
>>27558255
Well, for one, I'm really bad at picking up on social cues.

My current stallionfriend had a crush on me for years. Apparently he dropped hints to me constantly to see if I was interested, but I never picked up on them. It was only fairly recently that he told me how he felt.

And then at times like that, it's a little like my brain shuts off and goes into full panic mode. I never have any idea what to do or say, and I usually end up making a fool out of myself.
>>
>>27558255
Uh, well subtle cues, innuendo and mannerisms.

Like, if you were trying to hint that I'm bothering you and should go away then I would have no idea...
>>
>>27558255
"The numbers twilight, what do they mean!?!"
>>
>>27559100
The repeated 'he' in my suggestion was intentional, since we're meant to be playing Quick Writ right now. It would translate better to our alias if we were talking about Tropic rather than a different roommate hitting on us, especially since we've been dating Tropic for 6 months.
I don't think we've ever talked before.

And thanks for the help, princess. For some reason, I just feel comfortable talking to you. I'm Quick Writ, by the way.
>>
>>27559100

N-no, we're just a big fan. Organization is sort of our thing. What we wouldn't give to see your book collection some day.
>>
>>27559219
Didn't realize, sorry for that. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to rewrite and post again.
>>
>>27559219
>>27559260
>Aight forgot about the backstory
This is what happens when you skip a week senpai
>>
>>27558482
>>27558639
"Social cues for the most part. If you were trying to hint to me that I'm bothering you and should go away, I'd have no idea. Y-You don't want me to, right?"
>And Twilight shakes her head,
"O-Oh good. For example, my current stallionfriend had a crush for years. Dropped hints, did stuff to see if I was interested and I just never picked up on them. He only recently told me about it, and when he did, it's times like that my brain just shuts off. I never have any idea what to say and usually just end up making a fool of myself."
>Twilight cringes a little,
>"I know that panicky feeling too, hurts just about the worst thing in the world. But, you'll be happy to hear I've found a way to deal with it! Sort of. It's not perfect, but it's helped before. Whenever something happens where you just freeze up, just take a step back. Leave the room, or if you can't, take a deep breath."
>Twilight does this and you follow her example, a deep breath in, a deep breath out.
>Her voice changes and her eyes close, keeping her voice to a calming, soothing tone.
>"What's worked for me is piecing apart whatever was just said in a grammatical manner, thinking about what it really means. The verbs, nouns, inflection. All of it. Now, I don't think it'll help much with cues, those just come with practice. But taking a step back to think about your next option is always a good option. Once you understand exactly what's being said to you, formulate a planned response. You don't have to stick to it, but use it as a guideline to continue conversation until you're feeling more confident. Even if a little awkward, it's better than making rash decisions."
>She reopens her eyes and smiles,
>"Try it out some time! You seem pretty comfortable around me anyhow, why not just apply some of what you're doing now to when you talk with other new ponies! U-Unless I've met you before and totally forgot. I-In which case I'm really sorry!"

>input action
>>
>>27559219
>>27559225
"N-No, I'm just a big fan. For some reason, I just feel comfortable talking with you."
>You extend a hoof with a smile,
"Quick Writ, by the way. Organization is sort of my thing. And your library, what I wouldn't give to see it."
>Twilight blushes,
>"A-And I'm Twilight! But you knew that. O-Oh and my library? It's gotten a bit unwieldy as of late. I foolishly granted some other students access to it, and I'm still cleaning up the mess they made of it."
>After quivering from a small shiver of revulsion, Twilight sighs,
>"But for the most part it remains intact. Glad they didn't get their grubby paws anywhere near Starswirl's section, sweet Celestia what I would have done to them then..."
>You take a quick glance over to see the Captain of the guard.
>He's talking to a stallion and a mare, the mare in a rather sharp looking business suit, the stallion in rather relaxed, almost vacation clothes and a sporting a rather dark pair of sunglasses.
>Weird.

>input action

>>27559272
I'll do better for you Anon-kun.
>>
>>27559547
We should thank the princess and go eaves drop.

What was our mission with Twilight again?
>>
>>27559593
Keep her company, and drop hints about a spring ball coming up.

Also, optionally get information on Celestia's eating habits.
>>
>>27559547

"Say, you wouldn't need somepony to help reorganize your library, would you? You wouldn't even need to pay me, I do that sort of thing for fun!"

SSS Mission Ranking: We gain access to Princess Twilight's personal library, producing far more information for Kis than she could ever have hoped from us. The syndicate is impressed with our above-and-beyond efforts and gives us a sizeable bonus/promotion.

Plot Twist Ranking: Princess Twilight recognizes the value of our compulsive dedication to cleanliness and organization, and hires us on as her personal assistant. We get to do a job that actually relies on our special talent, work directly for the Best Princess, and organize things all day. We are finally happy. But with the mob coming after us for our debt and threatening our safety and Tally's, we decide to team up with the Canterlot Police to help take down the mob and cleanse Canterlot of its organized crime problem.
"It's nothing personal, Kis, I just couldn't keep doing your...Dirty Work."
>>
>>27559593
>>27559618
>>27559703
"Say, you wouldn't need help reorganizing that library of yours, would you? You wouldn't even need to pay me, I do that sort of thing for fun!"
>Twilight's eyes brighten,
>"Well, I have been looking for somepony to help out, it's just such a daunting task many just turn me down."
>Your heart stops, and you clasp your chest in joy.
>"E-Especially when I describe the depth of my organization system."
>Hooh...
>That puts a giddy feeling in your head, and it suddenly becomes a real chore staying upright and not toppling out of your seat to the floor.
>Celestia, how was this so easy before?
>"But I'd feel bad about making you work free... And I'm not sure how the royal guard would think of me hiring some random waitress off the street. No offense, I just think that's what they'd see in you."
>Taking Twilight's advice, you decide to vacate the area to eavesdrop on the captain of the guard.
"O-Okay, I think I need a moment..."
>You say shakily, almost giggling in excitement,
>"Hah, okay, I understand. Maybe we can talk a little more later!"
>Twilight says with a smile, and you almost faint as you leave the area.
>It takes a minute or so before you get yourself composed and start moving over to the captain of the guard.
>Did that really just happen?
>But there's no time to contemplate Twilight's library or that sort of half-offer you just got, for now you have to stick to the job.
>First and foremost, how are you going to get near these three without looking suspicious?

>input action
>>
>>27560105
Well, we're a waitress, aren't we? Just wait tables in a manner that makes us walk by them.
>>
>>27560105

Engage waitress mode, there are probably some empty glasses or plates or something that we can clear if nothing else.
>>
>>27559703
It probably won't be doable, unless Quick Writ happens to be a real person.
>>
>>27560130
>>27560236
>You head over to do some waitressing nearby, table by table drawing closer to them.
>They don't seem to mind once you're in the area, and after making sure you're under the radar, start picking away at a nearby table.
>The patrons it served seem to have already left, leaving behind a few plates and glasses for you to surreptitiously "clear" as you listen.
>Your listening focuses, and you tune out the rest of the party to focus on these three, none others.
>"-wn to the nitty gritty. How's it going out there? Wouldn't want anything to happen to you guys..."
>The captain asks, and the business mare nods,
>"Fine, nobody suspects anything. I'm still low level and doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon, but it's a start. I'm here today on a job actually, looking out for a specific somepony who's a member of the Golden and networking with some guys in the music industry. Mostly it's management though, no idea why I got put out on hoof today."
>She says causally, then flips a hoof over to the other stallion.
>He laughs a little,
>"Well, I've had to get a little rougher a little quicker. They got me doing something iffy as soon as they could, probably to check if I was who I said. To keep up the act I didn't consult anypony at the palace, bureaucracy takes too long. I hope that'll be okay..."
>He says with a tinge of nervousness, sipping away at a fruity looking drink.
>You could see him out on a beach right now, on a chair outside some hotel.
>It's quite the dichotomy.
>"But I'm keeping up the character for the time being."
>He finishes, and the captain nods,
>"I'll let it slide in this situation, but I'd prefer if you kept me posted before anything next time. What was it?"
>Holiday boy lowers his voice and says something to the captain, who nods.
>"I'm sure that'll be fine, just ask next time, alright?"

>input action
>>
>>27561119
Shit. That's very nerve racking. That may mean that every single pony in the laugh has had their cover blown.

Look at those two more closely as we get to their table get a description. We need to report this to provvy ASAP.
>>
>>27561119
Hmm, they're infiltrating... something.

Might be our operation or it might be the fashion industry.
We should see where the two ponies who aren't the captain go. The mare especially is interesting, since she's here on the job. I think if it was one of our coworkers we'd recognize her.
>>
>>27561345
>the Golden
>I'm here today on a job
>keep up the act
>keeping up the character
>wouldn't want anything to happen to you guys
>nobody suspects anything
I'm 99.9% sure it's our organization.
>>
>>27561376
>the Golden

What does 'golden' have to do with us?
The rest sure, but I don't recall anything about 'golden'
>>
>>27561400
Golden Hoof is the name of an underground criminal organization in Canterlot. Namely ours.

In fact, our job tonight was to listen for any mention of The Last Laugh of Golden Hoof.
>>
>>27561434
When was that mentioned? I must have missed it.
>>
>>27561434
*or
>>
>>27561443
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27162898/#27255184
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27027238/#27039091

https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25957198/#25957203
This last one confuses me, because anything before january 1st, it's Gilded Hooves, but now it's Golden Hoof.

Perhaps I'm wrong after all, but Aight, are these two different organizations or are they the same?
>>
>>27561150
>>27561345
>>27561376
>Nervous, you chew your lips and grip your cleaning rag.
>That's some scary news to hear, especially if they're after the Laugh.
>Everypony could be compromised.
>"Yeah, I'll ask. Just making sure."
>The vacation looking stallion nods, and the captain sighs.
>"Well, best of luck to the both of you. You're both doing good work."
>He says with a small salute before trotting off, leaving the two to their own devices.
>Thankfully, nopony's noticed you staring intently at a vase for the minute they caught up, so you think your little eavesdropping session went undetected.
>And in terms of the party, the night's maybe halfway gone already.
>Twilight is chatting idly with some mare in a pretty green dress, and the captain seems to be making beeline to another table, one manned by a pair of stallions in formal wear.

>input action

>>27561490
Ah. My original planning name was Golden, but Gilded is what I went with in finality. Freudian slip I suppose, but they are one and the same. Sorry for the confusion, I'll give my original planning notes another read-through to make sure I don't make another mistake like that.
>>
>>27561533
Being that the Laugh is just part of the Gilded means that if they use a proper cell structure then they shouldn't get anything on the ponies at the Laugh. But still, this is really bad.

Let's keep tabs on the Captain for now. We need to know more. I still say we need to identify this mare in the suit.
>>
>>27561562
>Painfully, you decide to put off interaction with Twilight to keep tabs on the Captain.
>The job comes first, and it's looking quite serious tonight.
>But for the moment you focus on the mare in front of you, the suited one.
>She's brown with a sleek red mane, and is staring off across the crowd for somepony.
>Her eyes stop on you for a moment before moving on.
>After this cursory look, she slumps in her chair and takes a long sip of whatever she's drinking, then relaxes and grins to her partner.

>input action
>>
>>27561893
Perhaps we go back to Twilight now, ask her if we can get her something else?

Then get to namedropping the spring ball, and maybe asking about Celestia's eating habits.
>>
>>27561893
>>27562254
Yeah I agree. We know this mares face so after tonight whatever she's doing will end.
I hope they don't kill her...
>>
>>27561893

I think we should wait for Twilight to be alone again before approaching her, let's keep eavesdropping for now.
>>
>>27561893
Well, let's get a look at the stallion too
>>
Might be a few hours until I'll be able to update
>>
and another
>>
>>27562254
>>27562292
>>27562649
>The stallion's an aqua blue with a tussled green mane, and rather slim as well.
>You then decide to let the captain free for the moment, and return to talk with Twilight.
>It takes a few minutes before that green mare shoves off, but once she does you retake your previous spot and sit gleefully.
>Twilight gives you a pearly white grin for two seconds before tapping the table idly,
>"How's the waitressing going?"
>She says in an effort to strike up conversation,
>"Nopony giving you too hard a time I hope?"

>input action
>>
>>27565219
No, just a little nervous. As always.
>>
>>27565705
Jumpy
>>
>>27565705
"No, just a little nervous. As always."
>Twilight nods,
>"Ah, well that's better I suppose."
>For a few moments, the two of you sit in awkward silence.
>In your mind, over the roar of the party, Twilight's lack of words is loudest thing you hear.
>As if egged on by some booming bass, your heart thumps away in your chest, each passing second growing longer and longer as the two of you.
>Time seems to stretch to impossibly low speeds, and as your mind sits blank with uncertainty, Twilight finally gives a reason to speak up.
>"So Quick, want to hear about my research? In addition to my usual studies on friendship, I've been conducting a series of experiments on the effects of magic on organic creatures and foods. That interest you at all?"

>input action
>>
>>27566815
Sure. I'm all ears.
>>
>>27567158
"Sure, I'm all ears!"
>You say excitedly, and Twilight's face brightens.
>"Okay! So, I've been studying the long term effects of magic on objects, food, and ponies. I have a control group of each category, a group I magically kept suspended in the air for a full twenty four hours, and a group that always wears a small necklace that draws an aura around them. I've been studying their health and aging in the case of the ponies, and the decomposition in the case of the objects and fruit. Obviously the ponies and the objects are going to require years of maintenance, the food I've tested is already showing conclusive results!"
>She says with a wide grin, then draws two circles on the table.
>"I keep the objects and food in the upper floor of my library here, along with some recording equipment. Over the past month, the magic foods have been faring much better than the plain ones. Those that I suspended are experiencing approximately a 5% reduction in decay rate over the control, and those I have encircled with the necklaces are decaying almost 30% slower! Isn't that fascin--"
>Twilight stops abruptly,
>"I--Did I get too carried away?"

>input action
>>
>>27567709
That is quite interesting. So you're saying that prolonged exposure to magic actually may increase lifespan if the results hold true for ponies?

Though I have to ask, I know that alicorns live forever, but do unicorns naturally have a longer lifespan than earth ponies?
Also followup question. Are alicorns really immortal or do they just have a vastly extended lifespan because of their magic?
>>
>>27567842
"Actually, that is interesting! So you're saying prolonged exposure to magic actually may increase lifespan if these results hold true for ponies too?"
>Twilight nods,
>"Yep!"
"Huh... I do have to ask though, I know alicorns live forever, but do unicorns have a naturally longer lifespan than earth ponies? Also a followup question to that, are alicorns really immortal, or do they just have a vastly extended lifespan because of their magic?"
>Twilight takes on a bit of a nervous look,
>"I... Well, for starters, records do show that unicorns do live longer than pegasi and earth ponies, but it's not by a significant amount usually, maybe by a year or so. So not a huge different, but enough to be one of the factors that prompted this study. And for alicorns, I believe they are immortal, at least Celestia and Luna are. Not that the two can't be injured or otherwise, but that I don't think they'll ever pass through natural causes."

>input action
>>
>>27568230
That's fascinating. Just wondering if there might be a connection between magic and how long alicorns live.

Of course, it could be what you eat. I'll drop it if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I've heard rumors that Celestia has some interesting eating habits.
>>
>>27568230
That's incredible. Do you think you'd eventually be able to gauge how long a pony lives based on how much magic can use?
>>
>>27568440
>>27568709
"That's incredible! Do you think you'd eventually be able to gauge how long a pony might live based on their magical usage?"
>Twilight shrugs,
>"Actually, my idea was to see if we could use it to extend everyone's lives. But that might too lofty a goal to set, I don't even know if it does have any effect. Well, any evidence to prove it at least..."
>You nod,
"Now, just a thought, but it could be what you all eat over at the palace. I'll drop it if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I've heard rumors Celestia's got some interesting eating habits."
>Twilight snickers,
>"Well, you could say that... I don't think it has any bearing on the experiment, but she does have a liking for pickle juice. And some other odd stuff too, but that's her favorite out of the bunch I'd say. Any particular reason?"

>input action
>>
>>27568941
Just rumors, and I know you spend a lot of time around her, I was wondering if they were true.
>>
>>27568941

You never know, sometimes you need an outside perspective in your experiments. No reason to rule out pickle juice. Celestia's eating habits could make for a really interesting research project!
>>
>>27569060
This one
>>
>>27568966
>>27569060
>>27569384
"Just rumors, and I know you spend a lot of time around her. And you never know, sometimes you just need an outside perspective in your experiments. No reason to rule out pickle juice just yet! And besides, her eatings habits could make for an interesting research project!"
>Twilight laughs,
>"You're making her out to be some sort of wild animal, but I do imagine it'd be incredibly exciting. I wonder how I'd be able to spy on her..."
>Twilight drifts into her own thoughts for a moment, mumbling about spells, routine, and how she'd be able to present her findings in a non-offending way.
>"Well, I guess that's something else to try in my spare time, and I'll be sure to keep you filled in."
>She finishes, then turns to the rest of the party.
>"Sweet Celestia... Making appearances is difficult, you know? You're a waitress, I can talk to you because I know you're not running some agenda. But there's a lot of other ponies who are pushing one, and sometime I have a hard time telling when they are, and when they aren't..."
>She sighs,
>"Sometimes I wish I could just go back to being a regular old unicorn. Have to take the bad of being an alicorn with the good I suppose."

>input action
>>
>>27569523
Huh. I usually thought of being a Princess as being someone who everyone respects and indulges. Guess there's downsides to being a Princess, too.
>>
>>27569523

Yeah, you do. Our new job isn't...always what we expected it to be, either. You just need to keep on your feet. Although if you do ever feel like you could use some help or just somepony to talk to, my offer still stands.
>>
>>27569523
I imagine it would be tough. I mean, even when I do front of the house work, how I act determines how much money I get.
I don't know if I could deal with that many ponies constantly watching me.
>>
>>27569591
>>27569598
>>27569605
"I imagine it's tough. I sort of share your pain, my new job isn't really what I expected it to be either. However, I stay on my feet and just keep trucking along. Front of the house work always makes me nervous, because how I act determines how much money I make."
>Twilight nods along,
>"Tipping and the like, I get that."
>You chuckle,
"But in your case? I don't know if I could deal with that many ponies constantly watching me. Hell, I thought princesses were ponies everyone respected and indulged!"
>Twilight screws up her face,
>"Enhhh... There's a good deal of pampering, again I wouldn't trade being a princess for anything!"
>She then backs off and blushes,
>"Sorry if that sounds really stuck up, I-I'm not trying to be. Back to the indulgences, it's just that sometimes that pampering comes with some sort of message behind it. Feels slimy, but that's politics!"

>input action
>>
>>27569717
Oh no, that's not stuck up at all. You didn't get to be princess for nothing.

Is there anything interesting going on with your friends right now?
>>
>>27569717

I wish I was better at gossiping or could just insert a [make friends with twilight] command
>>
>>27569717
Oh don't worry
Being proud of your actual situation is not stuck up at all, I think is something good actually neither is racist to be proud of your own race goy
>>
>>27569754
>>27570653
"Ah, I don't think you're being stuck up at all, you worked hard to get where you are, saved the world like, three, four times? Discord was the worst in my opinion..."
>You say with a shudder, his name bringing back awful memories.
>The flying towels were the worst of it.
>Their mocking voices, your frantic leaps to reach and organize them, your mind replays it as if it happened yesterday.
>Twilight chuckles,
>"I guess you're right, I just don't like being a boast."
>She says as she stands,
>"Well, I think I might be heading out for the night. See if I can find a few more ponies and then go back to the palace. Is there any way I can contact you?"

>input action

Last post for a few hours, possibly until late tonight. This week I should be able to post a lot more weeknights, so we'll see how it goes!
>>
>>27571534
"I'll write you really soon, if that's alright." It'll give us time to better coordinate it with Providence, as we're going to need to pass a background check.

"Oh, just one more thing. Have you heard anything about a spring ball coming up?"
>>
>>27571584

I agree that writing her a letter is a good idea while we finish planning things out. If she asks why we can tell her we're just in the process of moving and will write her as soon as we have our permanent address.

However I think we should consider doing this without the oversight of anyone at the Laugh. In fact, I think we should pursue this as Sharpie instead of Twitch/other pseudonym. Mostly because this could be a really good thing for us, and we'll need a job once we eventually pay off our debt. I don't see any reason to stay with the mob forever- we're decent at it but it doesn't pertain to our special talent and is far too dangerous for a mare like us. Of course we can still use our position to help pay off our debt, as long as none of it comes back to us it shouldn't matter if we're there under our real name. The extra value of our position should be enough to help pay off our debt even more quickly anyway, meaning less time we have to spend spying and less danger overall.

As for the name issue, when we write Twilight we can explain to her that we took on a fake name for this waitressing job because we have some ponies from our past who we didn't want bothering us at our new job (all good lies have a bit of truth to them). I don't think a fake ID would make it through the likely far more stringent background check process they have for ponies actually working at the castle. We can also have our friend of ours who works there vouch for us as a good pony, which is a benefit we wouldn't have if we used a fake identity.
>>
>>27572640
Actually, not a bad idea.
>>
>>27572604
>>
Bep
>>
>>27572640
Third on this idea.
Thinking not only ahead but also outside the box.
It's always good to have an escape plan
>>
>>27572640
I think this is a great idea.

If we get close enough to the princess we could even use that to cut ties to the mob entirely.
>>
>>27574161
>>
>>27575755
>>
>>27577004
>>
I want to fuck Sharpie in the pooper
>>
>>27578910
Unless you're the number four, you best keep on looking, anon.
>>
b o m p
>>
another bump?! ok
>>
bermp
>>
I think we'll be resuming somewhere between 8-10 PST.
>>
>>27581586
Neato.
>>
>>27581586
k
>>
Well, looks like I'm going to be missing this session. You guys know the plan with Twilight; try not to fuck it up.
>>
>>27583381
What was the plan?
>>
>>27571584
>>27572640
>>27574615
>>27574651
"I'll write you really soon, if that's alright."
>Twilight smiles,
>"Sounds great! I'll see what I can do in the meantime, and try to write back to whatever address was on the mail."
>She makes to trot off, but you stop her with,
"And one more thing before you head out Princess. Have you heard anything about a spring ball coming up?"
>Twilight screws up her face for a brief moment,
>"I... Vaguely remember something along those lines, but I'm unsure if any of the princesses plan on attending. I know I don't currently have any plans to do so, but Celestia might have other ideas. Will you be serving there too?"

>input action
>>
>>27584566
It's possible! I'd love to see you there.
>>
>>27584577
This.
>>
>>27584577
>>27584581
"It's possible! I'd love to see you there."
>Twilight smiles and starts to trot off,
>"Well, I'll ask about it and see! Maybe if there's something important happening, I can make a side goal to come see you! Heck, I spent a good amount of time talking to you tonight and still managed to get stuff done. Guess I'll see you around then Quick! Don't forget to write!"
>She finishes with a wave, before then promptly getting sidetracked into various conversations.
>You chuckle a little as you turn back to the rest of the party, and decide on doing a little more waitressing, a little more eavesdropping.
>At the moment, the two suspicious ponies you saw have split up, the mare sitting and talking to a mixed bag of stallions and mares, the stallion hanging out with a mare in particular at the bar (and the two having a rather giggly time together).
>And you also noice the captain of the guard chatting with another stallion, one in surprisingly causal wear and wearing an eyepatch.
>As you try to make up your mind, a flitter of movement catches your attention, and you spot the mare whose drink you spiked rushing to the restroom at a breakneck speed.

>input action
>>
>>27584724
Oh dear.

But if it's major, I imagine we'll be hearing about it pretty soon.
Hang back for now, waitress around the captain, heck, waitress for the captain, until that development progresses.
>>
>>27584724
Ingor her.
Drachma said she'd be ok

Let's go see the captain
>>
>>27584742
>>27584928
>You decide to waitress around the captain, staying under the radar and listening to his conversations.
>The mare'll probably be fine, Drachma said so.
>So, feeling a little bold, you end up waiting on the captain and his table, specifically the eypatched stallion and himself.
>You seem to have dropped into a conversation about palace security, but can only catch snippets as you walk back and forth from the bar.
>From the captain, you hear of a recently discovered (and sadly unelaborated on) plot against the Equestrian Bank and about a highly suspicious stallion that recently popped back up in town.
>The patched one also talks about the stallion, and asks if any of his satellites have been popping back up.
>The captain replies with an affirmative, and the two fall into silence for a while.
>This takes place over the course of maybe fifteen minutes, and that mare still hasn't left the bathroom.

>input aciton
>>
>>27585000
Forget about the mare. Whatever the boss wanted to happen to her is happening, and we're not going to interfere.

Keep listening, as is our job. If the conversation with one target goes dry for too long, switch to the other, and repeat.
>>
>>27572640
>we'll need a job once we eventually pay off our debt. I don't see any reason to stay with the mob forever
One thing to remember is that we promised long term loyalty. This job doesn't just end with our debt.
>>
>>27586649
This. Acting on our guilty conscience is going to get us in trouble.
>>
>>27585000
I want to check, but if it was anything particularly bad someone else using the toilet would probably have noticed by now.
>>
beb
>>
>>27586802
>>27586770
>>27586649
>You shake your head and return to the bar.
>Whatever's happening to her, she'll be fine.
>And if it was anything major, somepony would have noticed by now, right?
>So you stick with the Captain and the patched stallion, who start up again after a few minutes.
>The patched one seems to be giving you odd looks every so often, but you pretend you don't notice.
>This time, they're chatting about a mare they've been following.
>Her name's Pam, and they only refer to her by that name, no mention of a last one.
>They've been using her movements to hopefully get some info on a suspicious company in downtown.
>Both suspect it (a small restaurant) of being a front for less savory practices, but have nothing concrete on it yet.
>Finally, the patched stallion makes a brief refrence to an upcoming raid, mentioning that the preparations requested are almost ready.
>Still keeping an eye on the bathroom, you eventually notice the mare leaving with a rather ghostly look on her face.
>A worried stallion falls into stride with her and leads her out, the two exiting into the night.
>Shortly after this, Providence's stallion approaches you at the bar,
>"We're wrapping soon, just to let you know. After that, we're heading back home. Get done what you needed to do?"

>input action
>>
>>27587946
Sure did. As far as work goes, this was actually pretty comfortable.
>>
>>27587946
Eyebrow raise.
"Yes sir, everyone got their food and drinks."
Slight smirk.

We know how to communicate.
>>
beb
>>
>>27589183
>>
>>27588548
>>27587994
"Sure did! Everyone got their food and drink just fine."
>You shoot back with a coy smirk and a wink, to which the stallion gives a knowing smile in return.
>"Well that's great to hear. If you like, you can hang around and finish up with your guests, or you can start helping with cleanup."
>You take a look over to the captain, who's still talking with that patch guy.
>The vacation stallion is now talking to a pair of other stallions, and your suited mare is nowhere to be found.
>And sadly, Twilight's gone, which means you won't be talking to her again tonight.

>input action
>>
>>27590804
Let's finish waitressing, then join in cleaning up.
>>
>>27590804
One more pass by the captain just to be safe (we can ask if he needs anything else) and then help clean up.
>>
>>27590817
>>27590837
>You decide on one more pass by the captain to see if he needs anything.
>The patched one is still guving you funny looks, but brightens considerably in direct conversation.
>You grab them some drinks and listen for any snippets of interesting information, but they've moved on to discussing personal lives.
>After a little more waitressing, you head to the back to help out with cleanup.
>Most everyone else is still out working, but the party itself is starting to wrap up.
>Ponies are leaving and wishing each other goodnight, and as you clean up you get a few thank yous for your work tonight.
>Even though it's a little disengenuous, it still makes you feel pretty good.
>So as things come to a close, the last ponies of the night heading out, among them are the captain and patches still chatting and laughing like old friends.
>However, as they exit, you notice that one of them has seemed to leave behind a jacket.
>It's made of blue cloth and is rather nice looking, with two pockets and a front one with a hankie left inside.

>input action
>>
>>27591232
I'm worried it might have been left behind intentionally, it could have a tracker on it.

If we don't see the stallion who left it, then I say we leave it, possibly report it and our worries to our supervisor.
>>
>>27591232
If we were a real waitress I would say call after him and try to return it.

As it is I say leave it alone, and if he doesn't come back for it turn it over to our boss with the suggestion that it be torn apart for bugs before being brought anywhere.

Don't just take it now, in case he comes back looking for it.
>>
>>27591400
>>27591283
>For the moment you ignore it and continue cleaning.
>Yet, neither of the stallions come to retrieve it, even after all cleanup is said and done.
>Feeling a little nervous, you approach the stallion in charge and point it out to him, and who it was possibly owned by.
>He taps his chin,
>"Well, I think it's more in your ballpark to decide what to do with it. We don't know what's inside and leaving it very well could have been intentional, but it could also contain something to help with what Provvie's wanted, or maybe even something better. If you do take it though, make sure you clean it out throughly and be careful with it."
>Then, after another moment's thought, he mentions,
>"I personally might take it and inspect it myself at a safe location. Or just quickly inspect it here before heading out tonight. Never know what you might find."

>input action
>>
>>27591784
Inspect it and take it. If we run into him we'll return it and if he asks if we messed with it we can tell him we were looking for some kind of address so we could return it.
>>
>>27591784
It gets inspected here until we know for a fact it's clean. It doesn't go to the laugh until we're 100% sure.
>>
>>27591784
It's just a jacket
>pickpocket it
>Get evidence
Give it to the poner in charge so it is forever locked away in the lost&found section of the building.

no danger at all
>>
>>27592109
That is an excellent point. We don't need to check everything for bugs, just what we take. Empty the pockets, examine everything inside, check it for anything suspicious, and leave the actual jacket with the lost and found.
>>
>>27591912
>>27592014
>>27592109
>>27592273
>Cleanup continues, and when you're pretty sure nopony is looking, you make an effort to rummage through the jacket.
>Inside, you find a wallet, a switchblade, an envelope and a few loose business cards.
>The wallet is quite thick, with many folds and pockets.
>It's also kinda heavy, despite there not being any bits inside.
>Inside the wallet itself are folded papers, notes (many of which seem like copies) and the patched stallion's badge and ID card.
>His name is Starboard Grey, and his cutiemark is an oar.
>You don't exactly have time to review the notes right now, but you can clearly see they're quite extensive.
>The switchblade rather easily explainable, but it does have a really shiny handle.
>The envelope is rather weighty and larger than just the usual you'd use to send a letter, but as it's an envalope you can't exactly see what's inside without opening it.
>Which you refrain from for the moment as you look over the business cards.
>Three are Starboard's own, plain white with his name, a telephone addreess and a street address (839 Calypso).
>In addition, you find a yellow one, one with flowery writing on striped paper, and one colored something you could only describe as eggshell.
>The yellow one is for a spa out near Canterlot, Wuthering Withers, and gives an address and a telephone to call.
>The flowery one is for a mare named Little Gardenia, her profession stated an "Cleanup and Disposal. And Lawn-Tending!"
>There, you find only a phone number, no address.
>And the final one is of a stallion named Last Thread, apparently a private eye.
>His card contains the name, and an address, nothing else.

>input action
>>
>>27593823
Stash it somewhere here where it will not be noticed, then go tell Prov where you put it so someone can come pick it up. That way we aren't bringing anything into the laugh without permission, but they have the opportunity to take it if they want. Memorize the private eye's info first, though.

Under a floorboard or in a vent or something. It only has to be hidden for an hour or two.
>>
beb
>>
>>27594733
>>
>>27594733
>>
I want to boop Sharpie 3 TIMES in a row
>>
>>27596356
Savage
>>
>>27593823
This was the eye patch guy's coat? He might've left it on purpose, he was getting suspicious of us after all. Read as many of the notes as we can and make sure they all go back where they belong and then we should make sure it gets returned to him.
>>
beb
>>
Save
>>
>>27593898
>>27596571
>You decide to leave the jacket behind the bar for the moment.
>It's safe enough for an hour or two, and by then it could be decided whether or not somepony from the Laugh should pick it up.
>If it's deemed too risky, it'll stay there where he can pick it up another time.
>Firstly however, you memorize the stallion's contact info,
>Starboard Grey
>Seems to have a desk job.
>His work and home telephones and addresses are both pretty easily memorized (and vexing, as their even to odd ratio is completely out of whack).
>For the moment you decide against delving deeply into the wallet, and read only the surface note avalible at the front of the stack.
>The top is marked with "Suspicions For Today" and below is a small list.
Some waitresses and waiters are a little clingy to certain areas/ponies tonight. Nothing to really worry about, but just for the sake of my records. Maybe just their instructions.
Orange waiter is awfully interested in the mare at our table. Not really suspicious, just funny.
Light blue, braided mare is now hanging around me. Not sure what she wants.

>input action
>>
>>27598698
I guess that's to be expected, since he was our job.

Likely from that, he'll think our 'instruction' was to be around him. Not much to worry about, but I don't really fancy our chances of passing Twilight's background check, especially if they suspect that ponies working tonight are part of a criminal organization.
>>
>>27598698
I suppose we take the paper?
>>
>>27599016
I'd say no. If he does come back he'd notice it was missing and assume that he might have been on to something. Either the whole wallet goes missing or everything stays.

I still say we stash everything except the jacket itself in a hidden location here, then turn the jacket into lost and found. Inform Prov of where the stuff is hidden and let her decide what to do with it.
>>
>>27599181

I agree with this
>>
!bump
>>
This thread needs sweet 70s Steely Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcsrblhn7A
>>
>>27598741
>>27599016
>>27599181
>>27599562
>You decide to remove what you found but keep the rest of the jacket intact.
>After returning it to coat check to be placed into the lost section, you stow your findings at the bar and make a mental note to remind Provvie about them.
>When everypony's finished with their cleanup, Provvie's right hand accompanies you all out of the building, waving goodbye and wishing everyone goodnight.
>You can't help but feel he's keeping a close eye on you.
>Most ponies eventually wander off back home or to the Laugh, but you stick behind and observe.
>That stallion really is watching you like a hawk.
>After the most ponies are gone, he motions for you to follow.
>"Come on, we're headed back."
>He says shortly, not waiting for a response.
>When you're seen in tow, he leads to the Laugh, into the back room, and directs you towards Kis's office.
>"As I mentioned before, Kis wants to talk to you. Make sure you do that before you head out tonight, alright?"
>He then yawns and takes a seat at the card table, where a mix of mares and stallions are playing tonight.

>input action

Man, I need to stop running at lich hours.
>>
>>27602179
Go see Prov first to tell her about the stuff we found. Then Kis.

I'd like to see Drac in between to find out what he wants us to tell Kis, but I have no idea where to find him.
>>
beb
>>
>>27602263
>Feeling like delaying the inevitable, you decide to visit Providence first.
>She's currently scribbling on some papers, but quickly straightens up as you nudge open the door.
>"Oh! Hiya Twitch! My sister wants to talk to you."
>She says warmly, and you nod.
"I know, going to see her soon, but first..."
>You lead, before explaining the situation with the left items.
>After some thought, Providence scratches her chin.
>"I suppose it's something worth looking into. I'll send someone to collect it and being it somewhere safe, not the Laugh, and fill you in on it. Best case, we get a trove of info. Worst case, an alley or something gets compromised. No biggie."
>Her chair creaks as she leans back in it.
>"So I guess you've been keeping your eye on the prize tonight! Good to know I've got at least one pony who did their job. Guess I'll see you tomorrow for payment now!"
>She says with a smile, and waves as you exit.
>"Have a good night Twitch."

>Next door, you slide open the other office door to meet a very displeased looking Kis.
>"Take a seat..."
>She says coldly, over-emphasizing the final syllable.
>Her desk suddenly seems very distant as you sit down in front of her, her piercing gaze going straight through you.
>"So Sharp..."
>She growls,
>"Would you care to explain why you took my folder? Assuming it was you, which I do. Honestly, I'm very confused as it'd have no value to you."
>After a short silence, she continues.
>"But let me say there better be a damn good reason for you to have took it, because if not..."
>Her steeled complexion faulters for a second, shifting to one of worry.
>"I-If not..."
>She stutters again, then quickly regains her composure.
>"Regardless, I have questions and I need answers. Where the folder is and why you took it are the two I'll start with."

>input action

4chan froze simultaneously as I finished this update last night. Oh well.
>>
>>27603038
Denial seems like it might be our best option. We don't know about a missing folder.
>>
>>27603038
I don't really think there's a lie good enough to wiggle out of this.
At the end of the day we're just a mare deep in debt and we were offered a five figure sum for a file.
>>
>>27603165
Not really, no.

Here's how I see it.
+:
We were never seen with the file
Seemingly no motive ("I'm very confused as it'd have no value to you")
We never opened it, so we don't actually know what it contains
We don't have it anymore
Kis trusted us, maybe still does the slightest bit

-
We were caught behind her desk on the day the file was stolen.
We're one of very few who have had the means to steal it.

Unfortunately, there's enough evidence against us, circumstantial as it might be, that she is rightly suspicious that it was us.
My prediction is that if we keep quiet, we get to spend a couple days tied to a chair with a gag in our mouth until Drachma does whatever he's going to do to Kis.
>>
>>27603237
At this point I think we've dug ourself a hole.
Even if we lied enough to get out of hete, she'd still have her suspicions, and when she's the one we're getting jobs from that's going to cause us all kinds of problems.
There won't have been much point to halving our debt if paying off the test is hell.
There's also the problem of us convincing her and then her checking our remaining debt.
>>
>>27603272
At this point, Kis getting fired may be our only real hope to pay off this debt.
>>
>>27603297
There's her sister too.
>>
>>27603308
I know, but Kis may pass on her suspicions of us to her sister. Neither of them live in a black hole.
>>
>>27603316
That's what I meant. Kis leaving wouldn't be enough.
>>
>>27603038
SPAGOOTS
>>
>>27603038
I think that at this point denying anything would only be delaying the inevitable.

>I'm very confused as it'd have no value to you.
I'll have to take your word for it, because I never looked inside. Drachma said to take the folder and give it to him, so that is what I did. I am sure that if your boss said to take something of mine and give it to him, you would do the same. I have no idea what was in that folder, or if this will be good or bad for you, but I do what my boss tells me to. If it is something bad for you then I am really, really sorry, but I cannot afford to make an enemy of Drachma.
>>
>>27603038
Obviously the wisest course of action is breaking down, blubbering everything out in the wrong order and then crying.
Don't forget to add that Drachma is really scary andand we're sorry.
>>
>>27603038
Combine >>27603784 with >>27603724 by adding some hysterical sobbing.
>>
>>27603784
I'm going to say no to admitting everything.

Drachma holds authority over Kismet.
>>
>>27603810
I'd question why we had to do any of this if she answered directly to him.
>>
>>27603818
In which case, it could be another test of our loyalty to The Hooves and Drachma, and admitting our guilt at the first opportunity would result in failure.
>>
>>27603822
We start thinking like that and we're going to make mistakes trying to avoid imaginary obsticals.
>>
>>27603827
In any case, Drachma is Kis's boss, she answers to him, and Drachma obviously didn't trust Kis to hand over the file.
We pledged loyalty to Drachma, not Kismet. Saying 'I betrayed you, Kismet, here's everything that I did and for whom,' is a betrayal of the agreement we made with Drachma, you know, the person who matters? An actual higher-up in the organization.

That's why straight up confessing everything is a bad idea.
>>
>>27603847
You assume Sharp is capable of such barefaced lying when questioned.
Wasn't her inability to do so the arguement used against looking in the file?
Seems like double standards to say otherwise now.
>>
I don't see a clear consensus, but I do see that telling Kis seems the more popular course of action. I'll give it a little longer before I update though, just to allow some more discussion if warranted.
>>
>>27604215
Fine. If we absolutely have to tell Kis, then yes, full emotional breakdown while we tell her.
>>
>>27603861
Sharp isn't capable of it but we are Twitch aren't we?
We just got to calmly deny our betrayal as >>27603847 explained.
>>
I'll be honest with all of you senpai-tachi, I have no clue of what the fuck to do.
This is why I mostly lurk

Play dumb will just prolongue the inevittable but spitting all won't help at all...

So all we can do is take it up the ass

play dumb
>"was it because I sitted in y...your office.
Which won't work

(x) doubt
>"what are you implying Kiss?"

Defense
>"what are you talking about? You think I would do anything after all we've being through".

Which will bite our ass.

Guilt
>Drachma said you were holding something suspicius you fuckstick.
Bite our ass with kiss and drachma

Confess
Bite our ass with drachma

At the end of the day we will end up in a basement with a stick way up in the butt...
>>
>>27604268
No.
Twitch deals with strangers under false identities.
This is entirely different.
It's someone who knows her confronting her directly.
>>
>>27604311
I think that although I am conflicted, I am going to give the edge to telling for this reason. It seems more Sharpie to not be able to lie in this circumstance. Full denial would probably be the better choice, but it doesn't really seem like Sharpie.
>>
beb
>>
>>27604287
>play dumb
>which won't work
But anon, you stated yourself that admitting won't help but there is a chance that Kis buys our lies.

Even if, does our choice impact on the possiblity of Kis getting kicked out? Tbqh I don't think so.
>>
Fuck, now I really wish I had been caught up when you guys made the decision to take Drach's offer so I could vote against it. I say we try to maintain our composure and explain what happened and that we did it as the quickest way of paying off our debt and as presumably the best way of being of service to the Hand and if she has a problem with that then I don't know what she expected our priorities to be but the real conflict here is between her and Drach.
>>
>>27605693
>Sharpie
>Calm
Wrong character, mate.
>>
>>27605693
Yeah, I missed it too. This Drachma guy is a snake.
He introduces himself by asking us to backstab someone, and gives us a significant amount of money in return for a vague verbal agreement that basically means he decides how long we work for him.
>>
>>27605693
>>27603165
>>27603272
>>27603724
>>27603784
>>27603804
>>27603806
>You feel very queasy all of a sudden.
>Like your stomach is doing flip flops in your belly, and as it does your mind is racing to find possible solutions to this problem.
>But you find nothing.
>There's nothing you can do.
>So the only thing left is to run away from the problem or tell the truth.
>And as fond of fleeing as you are, this isn't a problem you can easily escape from.
>Pressure is building up behind your eyelids.
>You feel like somepony has an iron grip on your lungs, slowly squeezing the life out of you.
>All that comes out when you try to talk is a squeak, and your cheeks are getting hotter and hotter by the second.
"I-I..."
>You stammer, gulping big time.
>And as that gulp passes the threshold of your throat, something just snaps.
>The pressure in your eyes relives itself instantly, the grip on your lungs is lifted and your cheeks feel a lot cooler.
>Lost in your own head, you find yourself groveling and sniffling at the hooves of a very startled Kis.
>Choked with tears and quick breaths, you sputter out,
"K-Kis, sorry-Ijust, my fault. S-SoItookthefile, a-and Drachma came. A-No, wait, I-"
>Kis stops you for a moment,
>"So you did take the file?"
>She asks in a panic, and you nod solemnly.
>Kis backhoofs you across the face, sending you sprawling on the floor and blubbering even more than before.
>>
>>27606298
Stay on the ground crying, muttering apologies over and over again.
>>
>>27606298
Half my debt Kis, and it didn't sound like an offer!
>>
>>27606298
>>27606417
>>27606438
"K-Kis, sorry..."
>You mumble, repeating and apologizing over and over and over to her.
>Through tears, you see a look of shock and regret on her face, but it quickly morphs back into anger.
>"Y-You..."
>She fumes.
>"Why? And what does Drachma have to do with this?"
>It takes a lot of effort to push back up to a sitting position, where you snivel out,
"H-He asked for it. Drachma told me to give it to him."
>And Kis's face shifts once again, this time to intense hysteria,
>"N-No, Drachma? You aren't serious, a-are you?"
>But you simply nod.
"He scares me."
>Kis buries her head in her hooves and moans,
>"Oh no. This is bad, very bad."
>She starts pacing back and forth,
>"I need to think... W-Why Sharp, why would you do this to me? Just go behind my back, I vouched for you, I thought you were trustworthy!"
>To try and remedy the situation, you speak,
"I-I am Kis, I am, he just offered me a lot of money! I-I'm just trying to pay off my debt, I'm really sorry, I didn't know... I don't know what you expected me to do! Intimidation and a reward works really well on me, this sounds like more of a conflict between you and Drachma than you and me."
>Kis stops pacing and thinks for a moment.
>After a moment of frightened realization she rushes over to her desk and retrieves her pistol, shaking.
>There's a deep breath as she closes her eyes and composes herself.
>After reopening them, she doesn't brandish it but says sternly,
>"Get up."

>input action
>>
>>27606447
Well, this is terrible. Either she's gonna point it at us or ask us to kill her.

God, this is just awful. Do as she says, but be prepared to lunge for it if she so much as points is in our direction.
>>
>>27606447
Kis please, there's no need for the gun.
>>
>>27606447
K-Kis, put the gun away, please.
>>
>>27606447
Oh fuck
Well it was nice while it lasted.
Rip in piss Sharpie, you were a good pone

Please be my deus ex machina Drachma
>>
>>27606447
>>27606298
>"So you did take the file?"
In retrospective m...maybe lying wasn't such a bad idea.
>>
>>27606447

We should leave. Quickly.
>>
>>27606447
"K-Kis please put the gun away. I-I'm sorry. I should have told you. I'm sorry..."
>>
>>27606796
Ain't over till we stop breathing. We can still get out of this

Probably
>>
>>27606447
Look at the ground, let those tears flow and rise.

Just tell me what to do, Kis.
>>
>>27608373
Hell no, don't look at the ground, look at the deadly weapon.

I'm not gonna just roll over and die. If she points that at us, at least try to stop ourselves from being killed. Go for the gun, get it out of the picture. Even if we throw her aim off slightly so she misses our head or heart, we can still live to hate odds another day.
We can cry all we want tomorrow if we're not dead. But we have to live.

Note to the QM: Only go on the offensive if Kis points the business end of the gun at us.
>>
File: 1460005292927.png (226 KB, 507x432) Image search: [Google]
1460005292927.png
226 KB, 507x432
>wake up
>find everything is fucked now
WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO
>>
>>27609171
I wanted to lie, but got outvoted, so now we have to try and not die.
>>
>>27609171
>>27609220
People will always vote for the option that involves spilling more spaghetti.

Always.
>>
>>27609171
SHHHHH
W...WE CAN FIX THIS
WE JUST GOTTA FUCKING DON'T DIE.
>>
>>27606447
If she asks us to kill her we should definitely call out for provvie as she should be able to talk sense into her considering we are a emotional mess sprawled on the ground.
>>
>>27609300
>>27606481
What makes you guys think that she wants us to kill her?

A fucking murder homicide shit is more probable.
70% murder
20%murder suicide
10% flow of casuality shit deus ex machina
0.5% asisted suicide
>>
>>27606447
Definitely do not try to run away. It will make her panic even more and maybe shoot us when she doesn't want to in the first place.

She might not even be using the gun for to kill us and/or herself. She told us to get up from our disadvantageous, prone position, and her only motive is spite, since the deed has already been done.

Maybe she wants to escape/go to hiding, and we're going to be forced to get involved, with the gun being used purely for self-defense when things go awry.
>>
>>27609444
See, this person is thinking more reasonably.
>>
>>27609444
Trips of rational thinking.
Bless you Anon
>>
>>27606447
I say book it for the door.

It's not locked is it?

Fuck this, run
>>
>>27609444
>Definitely do not try to run away. It will make her panic even more and maybe shoot us when she doesn't want to in the first place.

Once she took the gun out there's a threat of deadly force.
I'm not sure how good she is with a gun, but hitting a moving target with a pistol is hard.
There's a "rule" of gunfighting called the 20 foot rule.
If a person is within 20 feet, he will get to you before you can draw and get off an aimed shot.
This isn't directly applicable here, but it shows how hard it is to aim and fire quickly. If we get out of the door fast enough then she won't have time to react and shoot, and that's if she's planning to.

If our escape surprises her then we'll have even more time to get away.
>>
>>27609444
Going with this.
>>
>>27609444
This desu, checked
>>
>>27609674
We would have to scamble up from our prone state, run to the door, open the door, then run down a linear hallway, where there are guards who can stop us considering our panicked fleeing state.
>>
>>27609862
I forgot that we're prone.
That does make things far harder.
>>
I doubt Kis is going to kill Sharp in all honesty.
She may be planning to go after Drachma though.
>>
>>27610636
I agree.
>>
>>27606481
>>27606633
>>27606658
>>27606796
>>27606937
>>27607053
>>27608373
>>27609444
>You nod and stand shakily, still blubbering and begging for forgiveness.
"K-Kis, I-I'm sorry! P-Please, I'll do anything you want, just put the gun away."
>But she shakes her head motions with it to the door.
>"We're going on a short walk. Just as soon as I get some stuff."
>She finishes as she hefts a saddlebag onto her back, then nods and motions for you to get moving.
>The gun isn't trained on you, but Kis has it at the ready, and you don't know how good of a shot she is.
>So with Kis at the back and you leading the way, she instructs you up the stairs into one of the interrogation rooms.
>You're sat down with the butt of the pistol while Kis stands at the edge of the room, by the door and locks it.
>After this, she places the gun onto the floor and sighs, shaking out her mane.
>"Stay calm..."
>She mutters.
>"I've always wanted to talk seriously to someone Sharp... Seems you've forced my hoof."
>She laughs darkly,
>"And don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely furious with you. But at the moment I'm just trying to decide what to do with you and you happen to be convenient."
>>
>>27612446
>But after a second of flashing you that calm, uncaring smirk, Kis stops.
>The look falters and she collapses to her hooves, taking a seat and fiddling with the pistol.
>"I... I see myself in you actually. When I started out here, I felt like I got mixed up something too big for me to handle. I get the impression you feel the same way. But I learned and put myself in the pockets of the right ponies, and look where I am now! Well, not right now, maybe five minutes ago... You know, I don't know why I felt I could trust you more than I do with anypony else here. Except my sister, but that's a special case, I thought I had a sort of bond with you. In fact, I was really rooting for you to pay off that debt, partly the reason why I was giving you jobs so quickly! If I wanted to really milk you for profit and usability, I'd only bring you in when I was sure interest would be equal to whatever I paid you and keep you forever in debt. But I also saw potential, and I guess Drachma did too."
>She scoffs,
>"Celestia, I'm really paying the price for showing you off to him."
>Silence settles over the room, the only sound you hear being Kis flicking the safety back and forth.
>Once.
>Twice.
>A long pause as she stares at the trigger.
>A final, third time.
>"Well, I've never really been a good pony. Not even a mediocre one..."
>She says as she stands.
>"Turn around Sharp, face the back wall."
>She barks sternly, then starts moving to a cabinet on the left side of the room.
>"I think you and I might be going on a little adventure."

>input action
>>
>>27612487
>we could have prevented this by not accepting Drachmas offer
Well no turning back now and no idea how to proceed. Follow her instructions maybe get her to tell us what was in that folder?
>>
>>27612487
Y...you don't have to do this Kis
>>
>>27612446
I really would have liked the chance to give a command on the way to the interrogation room. Damn.

>>27612627
>Follow her instructions
Yeah.
>maybe get her to tell us what was in that folder?
Really not the time.
>>
>>27612487
Kis, I know I messed up, but I want you to know that I do like you, and I appreciate what you've done for me.
Doing this was probably the hardest thing I've ever done.
Just take a deep breath and talk to me Kis. What's going on?
>>
>>27612487
Kis you have to understand that if anyone but Drachma had asked me to this I would have said no. As it is I almost turned it down anyway, but if it hadn't been me it would have been someone else he got to do it.
I don't know what this is all about, but I'm just doing my job, you know? He offered to pay off most of my debt for this.
I told him I didn't think you did anything wrong, I told him that you were the most loyal pony to this organization that I knew.
But I can't directly defy the boss, Kis, you know that.

Can you at least explain what's going on to me? Help me understand.
>>
>>27612710
This is the best one. Forget my earlier suggestion and go with this.
>>
beb
>>
>>27612487
"Kis, I do like you. C-care about you. Drachma offered me so much. He scared me, a-and if I refused I don't know what would have happened to me. I was selfish...but I never wanted to do this to you. I felt sick when I handed him that folder. I felt dirty, like I was covered in mud and couldn't get it off. Just know that...I-I'm sorry. I wish there was another way..."

I wonder what would have happened if we told Kis from the beginning what Drachma wanted?
>>
>>27612710

This. We never wanted to be involved with this, we were between a rock and a hard place. Surely she understands. We don't want to go on an adventure, we're sure she doesn't need us for whatever she's planning. We just want to go home. Please.
>>
>>27612627
>>27612641
>>27612664
>>27612681
>>27612710
>>27613644
>>27613695
>As you follow her instructions, you sigh and try to reason with her.
"K-Kis, I know I messed up... I-I do like you though, I think you're great and really appreciate what you've done for me! If anyone but Drachma had asked, I would have said no. Even then, I almost turned it down, but I bet he would have just gotten somepony else to do it. He scared me, and not only that offered to pay off most of my debt in exchange for this. I didn't think you did anything wrong, told him you were probably the most loyal pony here I know."
>You pause and turn back to Kis, who's stopped and is listening intently.
"I-I felt sick when I handed him that folder... Like I was covered in mud and I couldn't get it off. Whatever happens, just know that, know that I sincerely regret it and wish I could take it all back. A-And that I'm sorry and just want to go home."
>Your tears are mostly gone, but you finish with a small sniffle as you turn back to the far side of the room and shut your eyes tight.
"A-And know what's going on, I-I'm really confused and frightened right now..."
>From behind you, you hear a dejected sigh,
>"Well, Sharp, you're my insurance now. Maybe not from Drachma, but certainly from the police."
>She says as a blindfold is placed in front of your eyes and pulled back against your forehead.
>"A-And I appreciate the apology. Does it mean much? Not really, what's done is done, but it's hard to hate you after something like that."

>input action
>>
>>27614104
>You're my insurance now.
O-oh.
We're not gonna be able to go home for a long time, are we?
>>
>>27614104
I don't understand...
Why the police? Why would drachma call the police on a member of his own organisation, even someone who went rogue?

We need to get Kis to open up more
>>
>>27614132

No, we're not. I really think we should have run when we had the chance, and I think we should still look for an opportunity to escape. It's true that she probably isn't prepared to kill us over this, so its not like she's going to shoot us as soon as we make a break for it. She's just acting irrationally because she's afraid. I just wish we could run...
>>
>>27614104
Police?
Wasn't it Drachma?
Oh fuck what is she gonna do?
>>
>>27614104
Maybe we could see if she'd be willing to tell us what is happening and tell her we could help her? Or at least try and help, anyway.
>>
>>27614290

I think the problem with reasoning with her is that she's clearly not thinking straight, she's panicking and afraid and in this situation its more likely that she's going to do something stupid and dangerous than that she'll listen to us and let us help her work out a way out of this.
>>
>>27614268
I voted to run, but we went with this
>>
>>27614434
We're in a locked room, how are we supposed to run?
>>
>>27614477
When I voted the door had yet to be locked.
At this point, our best bet is to just keep Kis talking
>>
>>27614410
You are right, she is just as afraid as Sharp if not much more so. Still we could at least try and see if we can win her favor or at least cooperate as equals as opposed to what seems to be becoming more of a hostage situation.

>>27614434
There is a chance that if we scrambled to run she would have shot us down right there because of how panicked she is at the moment.
>>
Now I'm scared about what will happen when we vanish. How long until Tally reports us missing? What will she think?
What will she do? What about our other friends?
>>
>>27614984
We can't leave Tally behind. So we have to try and talk our way out. Unless somebody has a plan?
>>
>>27615014
The only thing I can think of is to write her a letter saying that we're going out of town suddenly for work, and that we're sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye before leaving.

We'll be home as soon as we can.
>>
>>27614132
>>27614133
>>27614268
>>27614288
>>27614290
"What? Police? I thought it was Drachma, and why would he call the police on you? C-Can you tell me what's going on?"
>The blindfold tightens around your world and everything goes black as Kis speaks,
>"Well, that folder... While I'm certainly loyal to you all and to the organization itself, I'm a little less fond of Drachma. He's forced me to do some pretty unsavory things, and I hold a bit of a grudge, y'know? But what's in that folder won't make him happy, if he knew it existed it means he suspected me."
>Kis pauses,
>"Okay, so I pay a little of our monthly profit to Drachma directly. One of his perks being in management. I've been cutting that a little. And also just generally making life harder for him, but that's a whole other story. Unless someone had told him he'd have quite literally zero proof of it too, I made sure of that."
>You feel some ropes being tied around your hooves as she continues,
>"It looks like somepony did, and that folder has some records he'll find pretty damning. He'll be happy as a clam, finally getting a reason to get rid of me. So that leaves me with a problem, albeit somewhat temporary. Right now, he's counting on the fact that I don't know he's got my folder, and is probably going to spring a trap very soon. That means I have the upper hand. I know the general area he works in, so I'm going to head over there with you in tow, and beat him to the punch."
>She finishes as she tightens the last knot.
>"After that, I'm not sure. Maybe try to convince his bosses of my innocence, maybe try to run. All I can say is that I know you'll be staying at least a little longer for leverage. Sound like fun?"

>input action
>>
>>27615221
N-no...

Though it doesn't sound like I have a choice in the matter.

Maybe you should just pay the difference and try to talk your way out, Kis. Drachma's a buisnesspony at heart, right? We all are.
Convince him that you were holding that money for a good reason?
>>
>>27615221
>beat him to the punch

Wha-what's the punch? I really hope it's not a literal one.
>>
>>27615221
Wait, why would you tell me he was alright if he's like this to you.
You could have warned me about this.
>>
>>27615221
Why not go over his head and turn the bosses against him? He is trying to destroy somebody in the organization over something personal after all.
>>
>>27615221
How long is this going to take?

And what am I going to tell my roommate?
>>
>>27615221
You realize he probably knows this could happen right?
You don't have a plan Kis, not a real one, and you should know planning is important.
You might be doing exactly what he wants here, rushing straight into a trap.
>>
>>27615251
>>27615258
>>27615270
>>27615280
>>27615299
>>27615326
"N-No, but I don't think I have a choice here do I?"
>Kis cheerfully laughs,
>"Nope, afraid you don't."
>You sigh and try to scratch your head, but your hooves are tied.
"So why exactly did you not warn me about this?"
>You say as you struggle with them, and Kis sighs.
>"Well... It was just business what he asked me to do, what I hold that grudge for, and I try to keep personal life and business separate. You can't let emotions rule your actions around here, though it happens with me more often then I'd like."
>You nod as she picks you up and drags you out of the chair, across the ground and opens the door.
"Kis? Before you take me, I-I don't think this is a good idea. He could have planned for this, he might have prepared. You have nothing, and you should know how important planning is. You might be doing exactly what he wants here, rushing straight into a trap."
>She stops and drops you to the ground, and grumbles to herself."
>"B-But what's my alternative?"
"I-I don't know, go directly to his bosses and talk about this. He's looking to destroy you over something personal, I don't think that's very good business."
>Kis pauses and clicks tongue as she thinks.
>"Well, that might work. But only if he hasn't told them what I've been doing over the past year. If he's convinced them I'm in the wrong, they might give him the go ahead for anything he likes. Which probably involves violence against me and my sister. S-So I don't know..."
>She stammers, picking you up again and dragging you down the stairs.

>input action
>>
>>27615471
"Kis you can still plan this out right. You're a smart pony. Kis I know...I know how badly I've betrayed you. I knew when I accepted his deal. But I'd rather have you above me with all your infinite anger than Drachma. Let me help. Let's plan this together. Please. Don't drag me. I've shown you what I can do. Let's work together Kis..."
>>
>>27615471
Does Prov know about this? Is she involved?
If not then you could get her to test the waters, you know? Find out if the higher ups know?

Hopefully if Prov isn't involved then they won't do anything to her.

If they do then you could run, if they don't then you can get a meeting with them.
>>
>>27615471
If they already know Kis, he'd have hardly needed me, and more importantly it would make going after him completely pointless.
They might not be happy with this, but you've been loyal, and I know you do good work here.
If they're business ponies they're going to see that he's the one causing problems and taking things into his own hooves.
>>
>>27615471
He wouldn't have been able to tell them anything before yesterday since he didn't have evidence and going after both you and your sister sounds like a major blow over something as personal as not giving him full payments. Were the things you did for him something for the organization or was it off the books.
>>
>>27615513
>>27615520
>>27615525
>>27615653
You know, I love the mental picture this gives me.

We're bound and blindfolded, being dragged down a set of stairs, but we're having a calm conversation with the mare who's basically taking us hostage.

Not that I'm voting against it, it's just funny to me.
>>
>>27615862
Sharpie is an odd mare.
>>
>>27615862
>>27615887
Sharpie utilizing her Twitch persona.
>>
>>27616044
Still an odd mare.
>>
>>27615862
It is, in my opinion, far more fitting for Sharp to talk calmly now because she's no longer the focus in the situation, which is really the biggest worry for her.
>>
>>27615653
He still could have been talking to his bosses about what Kismet has been doing. Suspicion of guilt is still valid, you just can't act on it without evidence.
The folder could just be the damning piece of evidence he needs to fully convince them.

And heck, that's really how mobs work. You cross someone, not give them what they're owed, make life hard for them, then what goes around comes around.
He wants her out, now he can get her out because of what we did.
>>
Getting kidnapped bump
>>
>>27617876
>>
>>27616591
Maybe, but that really depends on the specifics.
The mob doesn't answer to rules and regulations, only their own judgement.
If Drachma is part of the problem then they only need to be convinced of that.
It's likely they'd punish Kis for this, but I doubt they'd throw away talent because of a personal dispute, and at least she'll get to say her part.
>>
>>27618446
>>
>>27615513
>>27615520
>>27615525
>>27615653
>>27615862
>Starting to feel a little more calm, you try to reason with Kis as your head bumps down the stairs.
"Well, hold on. He wouldn't have been able to tell them anything before yesterday since he didn't have the evidence at that point, and going after both you and your sister sounds like a major blow over something as personal as not giving him full payments."
>You stop moving downwards and Kis lets go of you, your head quietly thudding against the stairs.
>Kis follows and plops down beside you.
>"Hon, I j—"
>She starts, but trails off into,
>"Maybe I'm overreacting, but I feel this is the only way I can be fully safe. If he has been talking about going after me and now has evidence to back it up, I wouldn't doubt he'd take the opportunity to do so."
>The stairs creak under her nervous movement.
"Well is Prov involved?"
>"No, she isn't. I kept her ignorant in case of a situation like this."
>You nod and nudge her hoof with your head,
"In that case, why not get her to test the waters? Find out what the higher-ups know."
>Kis clicks her tongue as she thinks.
>"Because I don't know if we have time, Drach could be setting up as we speak. And if the big guys do know, I don't know if I want to risk Provvie getting captured or the like. W-What if Drachma takes her hostage and hurts her to get to me? I-I don't want her anywhere near this mess, I just want to clean it up myself and get out."

>input action
>>
is this CYOA??
>>
>>27619394
That's understandable, but you really need some help right now, and she could already be at risk here.
She deserves to know what's going on, and you can trust her, right?
>>
>>27619527
>>27619394
We haven't offered our direct help yet. Let's try that first.
>>
>>27619447
1. This is the destination for all cartoon/anime pony related content on 4chan
>>
>>27619697
Huh?
You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>27619672
It's a nice sentiment, but the problem I see is that I don't see any way for us to directly help here.
Drach has the folder, but Kis has said she only knows the general location of where Drach works. That and trying to steal the folder back? I can't see that being anything short of impossible.
Plus, he's had upwards of what, 8-10 hours since he had it? Even if he hasn't turned it into his bosses, I would imagine someone like him is incredibly careful. Moreso than a fashion boss or Kismet, even. And we didn't even get away with taking it from Kismet. All it would take is a large safe or a wall safe with no combination in the home, and there's no way we could open it or take it with us.
Talking would be better left to Kis, and talking is her current backup plan anyway, but going to the bosses? They'd listen to Kis over an underling, I'm pretty sure.

Unless you're thinking of something else, "let me help," is a nice sentiment that I doubt will get us anywhere.
>>
>>27619777
I was thinking just low key planning.
>>
>>27619394
If she fails then Prov would most likely get involved as well. Could just lead to more in-fighting. If it's to problematic to loose Kis, it wouldn't matter if Drachma is more important than her.
>>
>>27619527
>>27619672
>>27619844
>>27619952
"Well, maybe I could help? Just with planning if you want, I don't think I could do much else."
>Kis taps your side and after a tense moment sighs.
>"Sure, if you can think of anything send it my way. I-I'll be happy to consider it."
"And maybe you should tell Provvie. You've already put her in danger, she deserves to know, and is certainly somepony we can trust for help."
>You feel Kis fumbling at your knots as she continues to lug you down the stairs.
>Glumly, she sighs,
>"Give me a second..."
>And lays you down on flat ground.
>A door slides open and you hear Providence cheerily greet her sister.
>"Hey Kis! You look-What's goin—"
>And the closing door shuts, cutting the rest of her words from the air.
>A silent moment settles around you before a pair of hoofsteps approach.
>Somepony's hoof lifts your blindfold, revealing a stallion and Nel behind it.
>"So girlie,"
>Nel asks as she fiddles with her knife.
>"What happened to you? Look a little worse for wear there..."
>She ends with a chuckle, then gives her bandaged hoof an uncomfortable look.

>input action
>>
>>27621610
Eh, did a few things I regret. How's the hoof?
>>
>>27621610
Oh y'know, just working through some things. How've you been?
>>
>>27621610
Been better I suppose..
Can we get out of here please?
>>
>>27621610
I really don't want to run.
>>
>>27621983
Leaving now would be bad. We'd have no idea what happened, and I'd rather not have our door kicked in later by an angry Kis/Drachma.
>>
Sharp should invest in some form of self defense after this ordeal.

I think a .22 revolver might just about satisfy all of her autism
>>
>>27622082
But muh .44
>>
>>27622119
She doesn't need to kill bears anon
>>
>>27622127
Nobody expects the mob bears until it's too late.
>>
>>27621610
Kek, reminds me of that video of the dude falling from the ceiling and casually greeting his coworker

>"Ohh hey Nel, you know, the usual."
>" Doing a job, then stopping by ...I must admit this last part isn't part of the routine"
>>
File: image.jpg (574 KB, 1200x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
574 KB, 1200x745
>>27622082
A .22? Really! What are you protecting yourself from Chipmunks. Superior bullets are pic related
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.