[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOUGETTONAMETHEcyoa 10: The End
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 1452886423424.png (67 KB, 725x710) Image search: [Google]
1452886423424.png
67 KB, 725x710
Catch up on the Quest here: https://www.anonpone.com/longname/

Recap:
We finally completely got off the rails and are ready to finish this flashback off for good, full throttle!
>>
>You do what is most natural in a situation like this
>Wiping a tear from your eye you pull them both into a deep hug
"I.... I absolutely love it, this must be the greatest gift someone ever made me", you stammer as tears stream down your face
>It feels good, you really can't remember when you had been this happy last
>The world seems to be going back to order and everything is working out again
>You managed to fix up Emberspark. You passed the exam. And most importantly....
>The two best friends you ever had stand next to you and you are able to hug them and cry into their shoulders
>It truly is remarkable and you hope that this moment could last forever
>But then you are reminded of tonight's dinner and that you probably want to at least check on Emberspark
>Slowly removing yourself from the hug you give both of your friends a hoofbump before heading back to the infirmary
>The stallion still lies where you left him and turns his head to you as he hears you come in
>"Oh, It's you again, what gives me the honor?", he jokingly asks, a rather gentle smile on his face
>>
>>27577662
Why did we come back here? We've already helped him, all that's left is for him to rest and recover. Unless you want to force us into some kinda relationship with this jerk.
>>
>>27577775
I believe we wanted to invite him to the celebratory dinner with Twilight.
>>
>>27577862
It's canon that he doesn't go.
>>
>>27577893
We're making our own canon son.

>>27577662
Ask if he wants to come with us.
>>
>>27577953
So we're ignoring the future stuff and turning the flashback into the actual quest now?
>>
>>27577994
Yaes.
>>
>>27577862
>>27577953
"I actually got invited to dinner with Princess Twilight earlier...", you start out, trying to get your words together
>He raises an eyebrow at you, gesturing with a hoof to continue, "...and?"
>You shake your head before completing your sentence: "I wanted to ask if you'd like to join us. She said I could bring friends"
>Emberspark's reaction is quite a surprise to you, his face going all red in front of you
>"D-do you mean like... like some kind of.... d-date?", he stutters
>He does manage to regain his composure quite quickly though, returning to his usual flamboyant attitude
>Nodding, he speaks again: "I mean, it's just natural that a mare would want to date such an awesome, powerful and handsome stallion as me!"
>But he smiles after that, a genuine smile and you can't help but grin yourself
>"I'd love to, Etherbreeze", he calmly tells you, before throwing of his covers and gets out of bed
>Or rather, tries to get out of bed as he falls to his face with a tiny whoomph
>You quickly rush to his aid, helping him sit back onto the bed and ask him if he's alright
>"J-just a bit weak I think, I'll be alright... although like that it doesn't look like I could attend the dinner this easily", his ears fall and his head drops
>Looks like he won't be able to get there in this condition, maybe there is some way you could help him?
>Maybe try to get a wheelchair from somewhere?
>Or do you have another idea?
>>
>>27578134
Maybe we can have a second small dinner first in the hospital room for him?

>>27577893
There is no canon about the dinner, since it wasn't mentioned until we entered the flashback. Really it was just an inference, anyway. We knew we won the practicum, and the dean mentioned that Twilight would take the winner out to a meal, so we assumed that we got a dinner. Twilight agreed to combine the planned dinner with our friends into the celebratory dinner with her, which is something we could do specifically because there was never any canon to contradict.

We're still fine.
>>
>>27578134
We will gladly wheel him around in a wheelchair if he wants to come. It's the least we can do for what did did (and almost did) to him.
>>
>>27578403
>>27578408
>Putting a hoof to your face you try to think of a solution for this dilemma
>Heck, you'd gladly push him around in a wheelchair all evening if he would like to come, you owe him at least that much
>But maybe you could just host a smaller party here for him with only the princess and your two friends?
>Better let him decide you guess though and you tell him the two options you came up with
>"Honestly, I would prefer going to the big dinner with you guys, if that wouldn't be too much trouble", he sheepishly admits
>Well, that leaves only one thing to do, get a wheelchair from somewhere
>The question is just, where? Does this infirmary even have one?
>Emberspark doesn't know either and just tells you that the missing head nurse might know
>Other than that, you don't get any more information
>Maybe you could ask the Princess for help? Or you could try finding the headnurse
>Or maybe there is another idea that could get Ember safely to the Dinner tonight?
>>
>>27578825
How could a prestigious academy like this not have a wheelchair?
>>
>>27578825
Let the head nurse make that call. Go find her and tell her our thoughts about a wheelchair. Ask if she has a better idea or if that would do. I'm sure they wouldn't mind loaning one out to us for a meeting with Princess Twiggles.
>>
>>27578915
>>27578918
>Probably best to ask the nurse for one, she'll probably lend you one for the occasion
"Hold up, I'll see if I can find the nurse somewhere around, I'll be back in just a moment", you assure the colt
>And with that you make your way through the infirmary, on your quest to find a wheelchair for your friend
>Nobody seems to be here, unfortunately. Just you and Emberspark
>Heading over to the Nurse's desk you actually find something that looks like an intercom, a button labeled "Call nurse" next to it
>Pressing the button it takes a few seconds, but a voice sounds from the small speaker
>"Nurse Mercy, who is this? There shouldn't be anyone calling me, all other nurses are off duty!", she sounds quite stern and a little bit annoyed
>You decide to get straight to the point: "Hello, my name is Etherbreeze and I am friends with Embersp-", you get cut off
>"EMBERSPARK? IS HE ALRIGHT?", panic sounds from over the device but you manage to calm the mare down
"Yes, he is fine, but I wanted to ask, there is a dinner party with Princess Twilight Sparkle later on and Emberspark is invited. But he can't move out of bed easily...", you explain the situation quickly
>"...So I guess you need a wheelchair? Actually, I don't know if that is a good idea, I haven't checked on him yet. Do you think he is capable of coming with you?"
>Contemplating for a moment and looking at Emberspark, you confirm
>"Well, alright then, I'll prepare the wheelchair. How about you pick him up before the dinner starts here, deary?"
>Is that OK?
>And now that you got this down, is there something else you'd like to do before the dinner starts?
>>
>>27579221
Go warn our friends.
>>
>>27579329
Warn them of what?
>>
>>27579386
The fact that Emberspark is going to be coming.
>>
>>27579329
>>27579386
>>27579452
>Actually, might want to warn your friends that you invited Emberspark, you know how he can get
>Bidding your goodbyes to the hospitalized pony you leave the room and head back to the dorms
>Tulip and Oswald are probably in their rooms, so that's where you are going to check first
>Against your expectation, Tulip's room is empty though, where could she have gone?
>You head over to Oswalds room and proceed to knock, your friend opening the door hastily?
>"Y-yes? Oh, hey Ether, what brings you here?", he asks as he opens the door a bit further and gesturing you to step inside
"Actually, I just came to warn you about another guest I invited, Emberspark. Not sure if you two saw what he's like, but he can be a tiny bit... taxing, wanted you to be prepared"
>Nodding, he tells you that he'll keep that in mind later
>You then ask him about where Tulip might have gone to which he tells you that she went to Canterlot to do some business, what exactly he does not know
>Are you going to try and find her? Canterlot is a big place though
>Or is there something else you have in mind?
>>
>>27579779
Lets see if we can catch up with our family.
>>
>>27579841
Father and brother at least.
>>
Anyways, time for le daily break because I am a fag like that

I hope my schedule is going to be better like this and you guys don't mind that I switched to my usual writing style instead of emulating Pink's style.

Feedback welcome, as always
>>
>>27579943
Could we skip ahead to the dinner when you come back?
>>
>>27580050
sure, I expected you to skip 3 posts ago. Sorry if that option wasn't obvious
>>
>>27580263
There are two people asking for time with family
>>
>>27580263
>>27580679
Make that three. Just a short bit of catching up. Afterwards, we can skip to the dinner.
>>
>>27580679
Thought those people only asked because they thought we had to spend more time waiting for the dinner before we actually go
>>27580785
But ok, family, then dinner
>>
family is important
>>
Don't die on me.
>>
>>27582932
let it die, this is a lost cause and should be long dead
>>
>>27583043
One more and then I take that advice.
>>
>>27584060
It isn't even OP's usual running time, man. Why give up so early?
>>
>>27579841
>>27579899
>>27580785
>You doubt you'll be able to find her in the city so you decide to rather catch up with your family instead
>Bidding your farewell to your friend he goes back into his room, locking the door
>And you make your way down through the halls and outside the school grounds, trying to remember where your family stays over the visit
>The way you know them, they're probably at the most luxurious hotel in all of Canterlot, close to the palace
>Making your way through the streets that have become all so familiar to you the past few years, you bath in the sun
>It feels good going for a walk, especially since no pony recognizes you here
>You take comfort in being unknown and are glad that you can just walk among all these ponies like one of them
>Being a noble usually comes with a lot of disguising yourself, being someone you aren't. It's exhausting to say the least
>You feel liberated and hop happily through Canterlot's main street
>Lost in thoughts, you arrive at the hotel a few minutes later, walking up to the receptionist
>"Good afternoon, how may I help you, miss?", the receptionist asks with an obvious fake smile
"I'd like to know, does the Clearsky family have a room here?", you get to the point quickly
>The mare nods, opening up a small book and going through the list
>"3rd floor, room 307", is all she answers before closing the book and going back to playing with her pen
>You make your way upstairs and knock, hooves sounding from inside
>The door opens slightly and from inside you can hear your mother's voice
>"What do you want?", she asks, her voice on edge
>>
>>27587972
Is it wrong to want to spend time with family?
>>
>>27587972
Is father or brother here?
>>
>>27588376
>>27588470
>Your face forms into slight anger again, "is it wrong to want to spend time with my family?"
>"FAMILY? YOU AREN'T PART OF MY FAMILY ANYMORE!", she yells at you and a few doors of the floor open up, ponies peeking out
>Even from behind the door, which hides half of her face, you see a few tears stream down her cheeks
>You never thought you'd see your mom like this, she looks devestated and is breathing heavily
>"Honey, who is it?", you hear your fathers voice coming from behind her
>"NOBODY!", she just hisses back at him in response and then slams the door close
>You hear hoof steps running back through the hotel room and a minute later, the door opens again
>It's your father this time and his face lightens up just slightly as he sees you before he pulls you into a hug
>"Oh Etherbreeze, it's so nice to see you, how are you? What brings you here, can I do something for you?", he asks as he hugs you tighter, crying into your shoulder
>It seems he's not feeling the best either, and you are still confused about the short conversation with your mother
>What do you answer or do?
>>
>>27588701
What just happened?
>>
>>27588701
Before the practicum she was just disappointed and disgusted with us. Now she is explosively furious. I would think that winning the practicum and saving everyone's life would improve her opinion, not harm it.
>>
>>27588741
>>27588991
"W-what just happened?", confusion shows on your face and your father let's you go
>"Your mother has been... more than sad since that knight. Why? I do not know", he answers honestly and his head droops slightly
>But he regains his composure rather quickly and ask for you to come inside, to which you happily oblige
>Your brother is in the living room, reading one of his many books, seems to be about a colt going around the lands and collecting alchemical ingredients
>There also seems a lot of slavery involved in some way, you never really read it yourself
>He greets you with a nod before putting the book down, "Sister, it's so good to see you? How are you doing?"
>You sit down next to him and a few moments later your father joins the two of you with a cup of tea for each one of you
>It smells lovely and you take a sip, the tea heightening your senses seemingly
>All 3 of you fall quiet immediately afterwards, everyone kind of thinking for himself
>Before the practicum, she was just disappointed. But now... no, after the talk between the two of you she is just furious
>A few minutes into the silence, your brother rips you out of your thoughts
>"So, what's going on? Would you like to talk or do something?"
>>
>>27589043
I know I haven't always been as successful in school as you all may have hoped, but I've always tried.

Are you guys proud of me?
>>
>>27589130
>Looking down on the floor you scratch your head with one of your hooves
>Awkwardly ruffling your win- oh right, you don't have those.... ...yet
"You know, I haven't been really as good in school as you might have all wanted to...", you stop, looking at your father
>He just watches you deeply, not moving even so slightly. Your brother is also listening your conversation intensely
"But I want you to know, I always tried my best!", you stand up, almost knocking over the cups of tea on the table
>Once more, you awkwardly scratch your head, trying to find your words
"What I want to say is, well.... are you proud of me?", your immediately shake and grow smaller, avoiding eye contact with either
>2 hooves grabbing you from behind and pulling you close make you let out a high pitched "Eeeep!"
>And from in front of you, your father joins into the cuddle pile
>"Etherbreeze, sweetheart..... we never and I mean ABSOLUTELY NEVER have not been proud of you, just look at what you have become"
>He then cocks his head, "why would you even have to ask that? We love you after all"
>You feel like crying, your eyes getting wet, you embrace the two of them
>Is there anything you want to do? Time seems to be getting a bit short, the dinner is soon
>>
>>27589486
No, that was enough. Finish the hug, ask dad to apologize to mom for us, and go get ready for dinner.
>>
pausing here
>>
get your bump from ten.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.